8 Sheldon Square
London, W2 6EZNeighbourhood:
ChinesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pearlliang.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072897000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday 12pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Pearl Liang
Pearl Liang restaurant is part of the smart new Paddington Waterside development in Paddington Central. This classy, contemporary Chinese restaurant creates an authentically Oriental vibe with water features, bamboo and a room-length painting of Chinese blossom branches. With soft lighting and red seating, it’s a pretty glamorous setting to tuck into soft shell crab with garlic and chilli or to clear your tubes with crispy shredded beef in spicy red hot sauce. And if you’ve gone through life so far without trying Buddha Jump Over The Wall, now’s your chance. Dim sum is served all day, there’s a funky bar and the music is cool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pearl Liang reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since 26 October 2013
group bookings (24)business meals (22)special occasions (21)fit for foodies (19)romance (9)sunday lunch (9)good vegetarian options (5)outstanding value (5)child friendly (5)brunch (4)pre/post theatre (3)disabled access (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- better than queensway!kitkatVIPDined on 18/10/2014excellent chinese, unusual options, and dare one say it, maybe a bit better than renowned but complacent royal china in queensway!Special Features:
- Pearle Lianggreat food.VigilDined on 18/9/2014Excellent dishes, good service, manager at hand, we tried some unusual dishes which we had not tried before (we've been there several times). Great place to take friends and family for that special meal. However, as a special occasion is OK price-wise. We all wished they would do some special lunch meals at a more good 'value' prices, so one could visit more often!Special Features:
- small portions but super tastystuwyDined on 14/9/2014Though the dishes are between the range of tiny - small portions, the taste will not let you down. And this is why I still keep going back, especially for their dim sum.Special Features:
- Nothing special, I'm afraidSSSofLondonDined on 13/9/2014We had heard great things about Pearl Liang. However, although the service was more friendly than the West End, the food was on a par with most medium-end Chinese restaurants. Not worth the trip out to West London for.
- HellobVIPDined on 5/9/2014As Chinese food, pearl liang is definitely one of my best options in london, however, i think they can improve the food portion. It is really too small for sharing. please present it with a more reasonable portion sizeSpecial Features:
- Quality Chinese in PaddingtonPaddingtonBearDined on 7/8/2014Very comfortable restaurant but access to the Sheldon Sq. development where it is located is tricky. Dishes are well prepared and presented but portions are small and some are overly pricey. Like most more pretentious Chinese restaurants it fails somewhat on delivery and needs to work on improving its service standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodWindsorDined on 26/7/2014The food was outstanding and the service well above what I expected. They helped with great recommendations on dishes and even served it to each person individually. I will certainly visit again. I would say it is more expensive than most Chinese restaurants but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ChineseLoloVIPDined on 24/7/2014Food was delicious! I was brought up in Malaysia and the taste was quite authentic. My only complaint would be the price because i know that I can get this food so cheaply in Malaysia. But at least when I am craving Chinese food, I now know where to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Cantonese in townqualitynotquantityDined on 16/7/2014I just love this place. Great food, great service and reasonable bill. Lobster noodles and dimsum unmissable. I have eaten at this place for countless times for numerous occasions, and I will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant flavours & presentationbarrieLVDined on 8/7/2014We were seeking a dinner with the emphasis on strong flavours and chilli heat and we found it at Pearl Liang, along with a stylish room (much larger than is apparent from the outside), excellent service and a well-priced (at the modest end) wine list. Thoroughly enjoyable and definitely deserving return visits.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysStuartVIPDined on 20/5/2014I love this restaurant and have been going there for over 4 years now. The sweet & sour chicken is the best dish in the world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went as recommended by ironRinaDined on 10/4/2014Went as recommended by iron chef and ordered the highly recommended lobster noodles but it was over rated and bland.Special Features:
- Lobster Noodle my lovepipoDined on 26/3/2014Lobster Noodle my love, Always the preferred and fantastic dish speciality of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab efficient mealfoodietravellerDined on 21/3/2014post theatre tired and hungry had set meal for 25 each - blown away by professional friendliness, service and really very good food for the price - proper, fresh, good spicing, the best duck I have had in a very long time - could not eat it all - really probably one of the best outside chinatown - thank you Pearl Liang we will be back!! And I have eaten in Hong Kong - this is comparable... in fact this was better than the so called top 'duck' restaurant in Kowloon...
- Great RestaurantDISAPPOINTEDDined on 13/3/2014Great service, manager extremely helpful and polite, all food was great and hot will definitely be eating here again.Special Features:
- UnexspectedmikeyfuDined on 5/3/2014Beautiful decor, and a pleasant atmosphere with professional staff, only thing that let it down was the quality of food in respect to cost was £70 the set menu for 2 with 2 glasses of wine. Could have got same quality from a good Chinese take away. All the same though was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We tried Pearl Liang for themvk0016VIPDined on 28/2/2014We tried Pearl Liang for the first time, having heard that the peking duck and belly pork there is legendary. It was actually ok, the duck seemed much smaller for a half duck than the size we're used to in other Chinese restaurants, and it definitely wan't the best in London. The belly pork was extremely salty, to the point that we couldn't eat it. The two dim sum dishes we ordered (there is a limited dim sum menu at dinnertime) were actually some of the best dim sum we've tried, so we will be returning at lunchtime to eat solely from the extended dim sum menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!!!StuartVIPDined on 26/2/2014The food was delicious just as always; the service could improve though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had been here before forBeckyDined on 10/2/2014I had been here before for a business lunch and had found the food and service to be good, however the evening meal was not as expected. We ordered a full crispy duck, which was dry, overcooked, full of fat and not pleasant to eat. When we asked for further assistance it was begrudgingly given. I will not go back to this restaurant, which is a shame as it is 200 yards from my office.
- Being a first timer at theMissHungry4LondonDined on 1/2/2014Being a first timer at the restaurant, I had no expectations since we were going there for CNY dinner to celebrate the year of the Horse! Reviews overall seemed to be positive and I have to say that I was not disappointed. We were a group of 10 friends there to lap up around 15 dishes which included well presented Peking duck, 3 Lobster noodles and a combination of seafood dishes to bring us happily into the Chinese New Year festivities. The restaurant was packed full that night and I have to commend the service we had considering how many people were there as this is always something I judge in terms of my dining experience. The manager Danny Feng helped cooridinate our advance orders, a bonus! So next we Will try Dim Sum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublime and tasty foodlovesfoodVIPDined on 31/1/2014This was my first time here and I am booked again to go in a month's time. It is amazing good value and food that i have at other top chinese restaurants in town but charge me a lot more. It was booked out solid so a testament to how good it is and also lots of groups had the set menu which is outstanding value. Well done to the attentive staff as I can only imagine it is an ardous task having to accommodate all diners requests continously throughout the evening, they were flat on their feet. Cannot wait for my second visit and wishing it to come sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as usualJCartDined on 30/1/2014Im quite a regular at Pearl Liang but haven't write any review yet. So thought I should put in some good words. Food always great there for the price. service is not bad too compared to other chinese restaurants in China Town. To me, the best dish is the amazing roast duck and the lobster noodles. I always go back for this 2 dishes. Their dim sum is not bad too except they don't do Xiao Long Bao right. Its always dry inside which there should be soup. Overall its a great chinese restaurant for the money you are paying. Roast duck is the best in London, thats for sure.Special Features:
- Good for groupsdrhhDined on 29/1/2014Booked for 8 for a Chinese New Year dinner. Plenty of choice of food although some were quite pricey. Would try again.Special Features:
- Good, reliable cuisinemisspicmixVIPDined on 9/1/2014Delicious Chinese cuisine in relaxed, elegant atmosphere with attentive service. I regularly come here for business meetings but I never tire of the menu as it is very varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food in this restaurantStuartVIPDined on 23/12/2013The food in this restaurant is constantly outstanding and delicious every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Dim SumPRchoiceDined on 18/12/2013Has a tasty selection of evening dim sum dishes. Worth going for that although on the last few occasions we have been they have run out of barbecue pork puffs. The main restaurant had a good atmosphere but we were given a table in the sideroom where there was only one other table with guests. Overall recommended, but could do with some minor improvements of these issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...so so serviceFoodistaDined on 14/12/2013Food is definitely worth the visit. Service is a touch erratic. We waited a long time to be sat as the maître d was busying setting a table. And then taking the food order for the large group in front of us before they had sat down. The discussion on the quality of the Choi Sum was particularly interesting. Food was fan though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needed to find a restaurantGastronoughtVIPDined on 16/11/2013Needed to find a restaurant near Paddington before going to see Punch Drunk round the corner. Had seen good reviews of Pearl Liang so was curious to check it out. The place has a bit of a hotel restaurant feel about it but we could not fault the food, which was consistently delicious, timely and well presented. Nice cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the whole service was decentNdavdaDined on 8/11/2013On the whole service was decent without being outstanding. The food however was good and testament to that was that Heston Blumenthal was there with a large group. Would recommend the Mushrom wrapped beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally found good Chinese foodBK4SKVIPDined on 8/11/2013My husband and I have been looking for good Chinese food in London for a while now and after trying some less than average places we were recommended to go to Pearl Liang. The food was great, the service pretty good and the location perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodExplorerDined on 27/10/2013Dover sole is a must though it is one of the most expensive dish in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 456 reviews are from the Pearl Liang reviews archive.
- Average ServiceLondonladDined on 25/10/2013Food was not as special as described, pretty standard.Special Features:
- Well executed chinese foodJohnMDined on 7/10/2013Pearl Liang is pretty consistent and good. The food is varied and doesn't have too much of the bog standard anglicised fare as well as some pricey fish and seafood options for a special dinner. The grilled pork dumplings are some of the best I have tried and I order them whenever I see them on a menu. Service is a bit surley, but efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceMarcMDined on 29/9/2013We had a very good experience with the food and the service. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, madly busy staffboxtwentyVIPDined on 14/9/2013We were looking for a place to eat before the Punchdrunk theatre performance round the corner and Pearl Liang turned out to be more than just a convenient option - the food, particularly the dim sum, is sublime. Largely good value and very fresh dishes, although our duck was a little tough and dry. The place is beautiful and very busy despite being quite tucked away, but this meant the staff seemed so busy we did sometimes struggle to get their attention. Mainly a good experience and I'd definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service non-existantedblondonDined on 13/9/2013Visited for dinner with 6 friends on a Friday evening. There was one waiter to serve the majority of the restaurant - service was the worst I have experienced in a London restaurant. Food was quite good, however any enjoyment was taken away by the fact that we had to ask several times for something as simple as soy sauce. Restaurant were more interested in a private party - their private room had 2 dedicated waiters. Exceptionally poor.
- One of the best Chinese RestaurantsSplitLizzyVIPDined on 11/9/2013I went to Pearl Liang with 2 friends from Tasmania who love Chinese but have never had in in the UK. We chose the "Jade" set menu at £25 each and while I thought it was good they thought it was the best Chinese they have ever had! Some things were new to them but we enjoyed everything and the waiting staff were friendlier than in some other Chinese restaurants. It is well worth finding this one in Paddington which is a bit hidden!
- I did not feel that thereLoveforfooddprpDined on 4/9/2013I did not feel that there was anything special about pearl liang. Food was mediocre as was the service. With so much choice in London for Chinese food, there was nothing that would make return to this restaurant.
- Tasty meal for the familycharliepieDined on 24/8/2013Ate here recently and enjoyed the lobster noodles, delicious! Also had the roast duck which was really tender & juicy with quite a bit of fat and crispy skin. The roast pork(siu yoke) was also excellent. The vegetable dish we ordered was a bit too salty though the veggies were very fresh. Service was pretty good though the restaurant was not that busy for a Saturday probably due to it's location tucked away behind Paddington station:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dinnerTomboy101Dined on 24/8/2013Restaurant was pleasant, staff courteous and mostly attentive. Food was ok but rather under seasoned. Prices were reasonable.Special Features: