Pescatori Italian & Seafood Restaurant - Fitzrovia
57 Charlotte Street
London, W1T 4PDNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Pescatori Italian & Seafood Restaurant - Fitzrovia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pescatori.co.uk/charlotte_street.php
- Phone: 02075803289
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pescatori Italian & Seafood Restaurant - Fitzrovia
The best of seafood gets an Italian flavour at the Pescatori Fish and Seafood Restaurant in London’s chichi Fitzrovia neighbourhood, just off of Goodge Street. Always busy and buzzing, modern meets traditional in Pescatori’s comfortable, unpretentious dining room in which the local workforce, shoppers and canny Londoners have found a real treat – great, high quality food served with a smile and a high degree of professionalism too, making Pescatori perfect for those lunchtime business meetings. Fanatical about fish, Pescatori carefully selects the produce it serves, determined to offer flavour while supporting small scale businesses and promoting ethical seafood, an approach bound to impress greenies and foodies both. For example, crab and sea bass is taken directly from a family run business in Cornwall while you’ll enjoy a seasonally changing menu as well as super fresh Catch of the Day options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pescatori Italian & Seafood Restaurant - Fitzrovia reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since 25 May 2014
special occasions (110)business meals (88)romance (81)fit for foodies (61)group bookings (42)pre/post theatre (36)outdoor eating (31)outstanding value (15)sunday lunch (11)good vegetarian options (7)brunch (6)child friendly (6)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (1)Show More
- fishPhilosDined on 18/9/2014Good food, good service, expensive pasta! Extensive selection on the menu, perhaps a bit too much to have total confidence it will all be good although we were all very satisfied with our selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbcdDined on 17/9/2014Food was good (although nothing outstanding). Very expensive for what it offers.
- Lovely restaurantChompDined on 6/9/2014Great restaurant, lovely atmosphere, great food - overall a really good experience and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but too expensiveBillVIPDined on 23/8/2014Good food over all - though the lobster had a yukky sauce on it - but over-priced. 4 pounds for a bottle of mineral water is ridiculous.
- service problemdavecDined on 22/8/2014The food was good. However, one aspect of the service was poor. The waitress knocked over a beer bottle on the table, spilling about half the contents. She needed to be prompted, twice, to provide a complimentary replacement, which was then added to the bill! This is not a good customer service ethos and I won't be going back.Special Features:
- wonderful staffmadcatwomanDined on 21/8/2014Cannot praise the staff at this restaurant enough. They were extremely friendly, helpful and made the whole experience fun. The food was excellent and worth the money, although the wine was very good quality, did find it was a little pricey. Would definately recommend to others.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantReviewDined on 18/8/2014I booked this Restaurant through e-mail and was delighted with the welcome we received when we arrived, It had a wonderful selection of food and each one of us was delighted with our choice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend. We were not at all rushed and although it is mainly seafood there was choices on the menu for anyone who is not a fish lover. Will be back.Special Features:
- COCHDined on 15/8/2014Always great food and excellent, unobtrusive service. You never feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, great serviceFineDiner1Dined on 9/8/2014Service was very good and food delicious. I asked for a slight change to the menu and it was accommodated with a smile. I would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Nice food, expensiveRussellofSouthgateDined on 8/8/2014This is a rather expensive inner London restaurant. Food is very good, although it's necessary to order a 'side' if you want to fill up. The bill for two of us (one not drinking) was £90, although we got £19 off with the Open Table discount. I would not have been too happy with the un-discounted price. Service was good, although an 'optional' 12.5% service was put on the bill (I prefer not to have this added - I should be left to choose). Ambience was fine. We enjoyed the meal but I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Only place in London to eat Fish!PoshandProudVIPDined on 8/8/2014The menu is extensive and sometimes I feel I have too much choice. The service here is the best in London. The atmosphere is Summer as in winter is a relaxed chilled but buzzy vibe and is at a reasonable price for central London. You get good sized portions and the outside seating is lovely as it is still undercover!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantShackeltonDined on 31/7/2014Once again delivered an outstanding meal - never fails to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedDiner42Dined on 30/7/2014Had a lovely meal with the family. Great food and nice ambience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantTbbridgesDined on 30/7/2014Friendly staff, outstanding food and great value. We've been twice now and had the same experience. .... so happy that we've found a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodNewWTVIPDined on 29/7/2014I was very disappointed by Pescatori. The food was poor and not in line with the prices. The service was good.Special Features:
- good value on the 30% off dealrunnerbeanDined on 24/7/2014Food was high quality served in an efficient manner.Special Features:
- GastronoughtVIPDined on 24/7/2014Took my mother to lunch at Pescatori on Charlotte Street recently. Hadn't been in forever and was happy to find that the standards had not slipped. Both our pasta dishes were delicious and my affogato was perfectly executed. It shouldn't be difficult but why is it that so many restaurants manage to spoil this Italian classic? The restaurant also dealt respectfully and tactfully over confusion with the bill, so bonus points there too. Bravo.
- first time here and could not faultyum2yumVIPDined on 18/7/2014I came across this restaurant as I was looking for somewhere with an offer and would 100% come back and pay full price. The service and food was really good I went for the salmon tartare and the cod which were both really good. My partner went for the crab and avocado followed by the seafood ravioli - this was amazing!! Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- What an experienceluv2eatVIPDined on 18/7/2014Once again extreme efficient service with delicious food hence another booking madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class service & delicious foodRachinlondonDined on 18/7/2014This is my second outing at Pescatori and I was even more impressed. I took my friend here to celebrate her new job and she just loved it. The service was impeccable, we were treated like queens. We managed to get a table outside on the terrace and it just added to the experience. Dominique has a wonderful staff! The food was impeccable, particularly the Fritto Misto. Thank you for another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value with the discountSmeeDined on 18/7/2014Nice meal and very reasonable with the discount included. A selection of 50cl wines is also helpful as one of us was not drinking. Small critisim that my Dover Sole was a little small and maybe a choice of mash as well as chipo or new potatoes would have been good.Special Features:
- GreatFloJoDined on 16/7/2014We loved our visit - the food was tasty and not too expensive. Service was lovely. Overall, a great experience.
- Better than everMikeCDined on 15/7/2014I have been to Pescatori occasionally for a few years now. When I first went it was a very nice Italian, now it is a really good Italian. The menu has some great dishes. As it was a warm evening I decided on a cold main, lobster salad. It was excellent. Washed down with a very nice carafe of Gavi di Gavi. Great service too. I will be back.
- Exquisite Seafood and Service!JAB2000Dined on 12/7/2014I had a wonderful experience here with my partner. Everything was perfect and I don't know how it could have been improved. From giving us a large and comfortable booth, the attentive, lively and warm service to the beautiful table settings. The atmosphere was relaxed and we were well looked after. The food is exquisite. Calamari, crab and lobster all expertly cooked - we couldn't stop commenting how good the food was throughout our dinner. The wine list is commendable. We treated ourselves to a cheese board, the selection of cheeses was probably the best I've had lately - for the variety and complexity of flavours.The price reflects the quality, we would dine here more if we could! It was a brilliant way to celebrate my partner's birthday!Special Features:
- spottednewtDined on 11/7/2014Good food (lobster and chips) and friendly staff but we found the prices quite high for this level of restaurant. It was very crowded and noisy when we arrived on Friday lunchtime (around 1.45pm). The restaurant would benefit from some noise-absorbing materials. The toilets are clean and tidy but the staircase leading to them is very steep and unsuitable for disabled people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItLauraMariaDined on 9/7/2014Was my first visit here and was very impressed. I will be looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great Special TreatShankiesDined on 8/7/2014We visited Pescatori whilst on a short stay in London using our Tesco Club Card Vouchers. My son enjoys food and it was a chance for him to experience a great seafood restaurant and he wasn't disappointed! The service was great and the staff were friendly, offering great advice and attentive. The food was excellent! It's not the type of restaurant we would normally frequent due to the price but with the vouchers it was a fantastic treat! I would highly recommend a visit to anyone and it is definitely somewhere I would be delighted to visit again.Special Features:
- dodoDined on 8/7/2014Atmospheric fish restaurant near Googe St station. Outdoor tables on busy Charlotte St . Expensive unless using Opentable offer. Food good quality and well presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.PJTfromWalesDined on 5/7/2014From the moment we stepped in the door we were looked after. Staff very attentive and the food was delicious. Can't fault anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjustluvfishDined on 4/7/2014Restaurant was stunning.Staff were superb.Service was quick and second to none. Food was delicious, especially the Lobster. We had an excellent evening for our 21st Anniversary.... Just little pricey.....you get what you pay for! Special treatSpecial Features:
- Not as good as expectedRGGGDined on 3/7/2014We were excited to go and try this restaurant as there are few very good seafood reataurants in london. We were able to get a booking very easily. We were given a round table for 4 in a very obscure place by the bar. We asked for another table but were told they were all booked (even though they were still free when we left). The crab bruschetta for £10.50 was small and very poor value! I had a whole seabream for main... It was ok but what you could do at home. The side dishes were terrible. Service was a lot to be desired too. Overall a very disappointing experience
- an evening in London at PescatoriTanteRiDined on 2/7/2014We love to dine outside when the weather permits it and were very pleased to find a nice restaurant in London that provided tables on a street side terrace. The menu showed a wide range of Italian sea food. I found the Jersey oysters delicious. Our waitress was not only adorable but also a woman that knew what she was "selling". Very helpfull. Next time we are in London we will definitely go again. Even when the terrace is closed. PS watch out for the pasta: the portions are huge!Special Features:
- DeliciousLaraRousselDined on 1/7/2014The food was outstanding, the wine delicious. With the Top Table 30% off food it was actually not too expensive, but this is a great venue for a special occasion! The private dining room looks amazing too, will bear that in mind for the future!Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2eatseafoodDined on 28/6/2014Lovely food, good service! Had a lovely evening, food was great as out waitress had knowledge of each dish if we had questions! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well cooked modern Italian fish.Oxford1Dined on 18/6/2014We sat on the small street side terrace white table cloths and plant pots separated us from Fitzrovia but we could have been a hundred miles away, sparkling service from friendly staff. We took ages over a glass of prosecco to study the menu because there was so much that appealed. I had grilled calamari and my husband had crab bruchetta to start both lovely and then lobster spaghetti and crab& lobster burger. again delicious. The sweet gnocchi was surprisingly good and light and the Italian cheese plate worth coming for on its own. Well worth a visit well cooked modern Italian fish.Special Features:
- DisappointingAnchoDined on 14/6/2014This place used to be a real favourite. Not any more. Both starts were dreadful: scallops were not only EXTREMELY gritty but also cold, in a hot broth. When we complained we were told was MEANT to be like this! My starter, which claimed to be salmon tartare, was a few strips of overly salty salmon buried under fistfuls of rocket and capers. Disappointing. Next was the seafood platter. We asked to swap the razor clams for a couple of prawns or an extra oyster (something we’ve done every other visit) and were told these were too expensive - all we could have was cockles. We offered to pay extra - but we still got cockles... and again, they, the muscles and the scallops were incredibly gritty. Sadly our love affair with Pescatori is over.
- FishyQiwaterDined on 13/6/2014Had quick lunch here and will definitely come back for more . Lovely fresh fish well seasoned and beautifully prepared . Charming staff . A real gem !Special Features:
- LuchsaracenswaspsDined on 12/6/2014My partner and I arrived at 1pm had a very nice lunch food was excellent if portions were perhaps a tiny bit small but on saying that if the starter or main course were any bigger there would not have been enough room for pudding , which was worth having, so just a whinge really, service was very good. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal & excellent serviceCrimsondiplDined on 9/6/2014We were surprised by how atmospheric this lovely restaurant was. The staff was polite, helpful and friendly. LOVE the complimentary cherry tomatoes on the table. Price is on the higher end, but with the discount through OpenTable, it is affordable and well worth the money. The food was excellent; well seasoned, fresh and well-selected. Will go back again soon!Special Features:
- It used to be much bettersatoshiDined on 9/6/2014Lobsters are my favourite thing to eat but believe it or not I couldn't even finish the one the restaurant served. The remaining dishes were ok...