1 Kinnerton Street
London, SW1X 8EANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus
- Phone: 02075921609
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sean Burbidge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Petrus
Petrus' modern French menu combines classic flavours with exquisite presentation. Guests can choose from 500 wines expertly guided by the Head Sommelier. The modern, light interiors of Pétrus have been designed by the acclaimed Russell Sage Studio, who have used a gentle palette of oyster, soft silver and copper tints, as well as dashes of the famous Pétrus claret red throughout the room. Up to six guests can sit at the Pétrus Chef's Table for an unparalleled view of all the action in the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Petrus - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
Petrus reviews from OpenTable diners
630 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (502)romance (367)fit for foodies (267)business meals (197)outstanding value (66)pre/post theatre (47)good vegetarian options (44)sunday lunch (38)disabled access (33)group bookings (31)brunch (30)outdoor eating (21)afternoon tea (7)child friendly (6)Show More
- RobboDined on 27/9/2014Absolutely amazing, it made my wife's 40th birthday. I can't recommend Petrus highly enough. The food is out of this word, the service was so warm, helpful and attentive. Please whatever you do, don't get rid of the chocolate desert, its amazing and a truly fantastic way to end off an incredible meal. Thank you to all staff who worked on Saturday 27th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 27/9/2014Five of us dined at Petrus on Saturday night as a special birthday dinner for my husband. We had the tasting menu and the food was excellent. The Secrets wine pairings complemented the food, although they needed to be tasted closely together with the food in order to be best appreciated. Overall a very good evening although the service seemed to disappear after we were about half way through our meal which was disappointing, and there's no doubt that this is a very expensive night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing lunch for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014We dined before we saw a show and it was fantastic. We were running an hour late for our booking and arrived just before the kitchen shut for dinner prep. Nothing was too much trouble and we were treated to amazing service and even better food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSusanneDined on 25/9/2014Such good food - truly lovely with amazing flavor and presentation. Couldn't fault it. Excellent service. A lovely evening had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on 24/09/2014GandTDined on 24/9/2014My wife and I had the taster menu and thought that the whole evening was excellent. We were made to feel welcome by all the staff who were efficient and attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble even to changing items on the menu to satisfy my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedSibaritaDined on 23/9/2014I had a lot expectation of this Restaurant was highly recomended in several reviews. The quality of food, service and decor was amaizing, a little bit quiet for me. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Everything was just so pretentious & not worth the money.
- ExcellentTareDined on 20/9/2014In one word excellent! Genius combinations that tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassionsSomebodyDined on 20/9/2014Michelin star rated restaurant, so you have to go in expecting the an expensive meal, but it's still worth the ambiance and experience for those really special occasions. Service was mostly good, but the wait between courses was a little longer than it needed to be at times. We also had to wait a long time to receive our check at the end of the meal. Other than that, everything was spectacular and such a perfect way to end our holiday trip to London and to celebrate our 8-year anniversary. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. So many techniques were used for each course. A true delight for all foodies!Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experiencedingdongDined on 20/9/2014Staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. There are several menus to pick from with each explained and any questions answered. I did not like one of the flavours on one main and they happily allowed me to select from another menu. Food was excellent and served in a lovely way, never rushed but also not waiting for too long. There are extras such as an amuse-bouche and chocolates at the end. The wine selection is amazing though expensive, there are prices to suit most people. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant - staff surlytimtheduncDined on 20/9/2014Upon entry we were immediately greeted and shown to our table. We then met our waiter who didn't introduce himself and seemed to become more abrupt the longer he served us. However the food was excellent and the presentation of the food was superb, there was a lot of theatre which worked. The ambience was lovely and the decor superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Food , wine and service is too notch, Mitchelin stars deserved. All worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb LunchVanillagorillaDined on 19/9/2014My husband and I dined here for lunch after being given a 3 course lunch voucher for two as a birthday present. We had been looking forward to the experience and it definately did not disappoint. The service was excellent with the staff being pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food from the lunch menu was sublime, a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds and good value for money too. The wines we chose were two of the more reasonably priced bottles and they did taste good, but as this is Petrus don't expect them to be cheap! All in all for a special occasion if you love great food and wine it's certainly well worth dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetrusASearleDined on 18/9/2014Great meal at Petrus. Went for the tasting menu with wine pairing - everything was delicious as one would expect and the staff could not be faulted in any way. Highly recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY DINNERMJDorkingDined on 16/9/2014Took my wife to Petrus for our 42nd anniversary dinner. Fully lived up to expectations, with outstanding food, wines and service. Although we do not normally opt for tasting menus we did here as we had seen comments that portions were modest sized. This worked very well as we could get a taste of so much more of the dishes on the menu, as did the accompanying selection of wines for each course. Not cheap, but neither would you expect or want it to be.Special Features:
- lionmanDined on 16/9/2014Overall - an avant garde experience to remember. For a couple of the dishes it would have been nice to have tasting notes - suggestions on what to combine etc. The amuse bouches were welcome. The bread was warm & delicious. 1 starter with truffles was superb, 1 with crabmeat was confusing. The mains, while so tasty, were all meat, & virtually no veg. 1 dessert (a miniaturised apple & blackberry crumble) was tasty enough but what is wrong with the original hearty-style crumble? Another dessert with white chocolate & rose petals was too cold and overly girly. The price was as eye-watering as the dry ice which wafted out of the surprisingly delicious chocolates with salted caramel which suddenly appeared gratis at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Absolutely Deliciousleilaniruth9Dined on 16/9/2014In visiting London for just one week, I wanted to be sure to see what Gordon Ramsey was made of. Although I'm not sure where Petrus ranks within his list of reputable restaurants, It was an absolute treat. I was solo for lunch & was taken care of by each of the 5 servers & 1 manager. They were timely & efficient in all aspects. I had the froi gras for an appetizer & duck for the main course, both of which were perfect. The ingredients prepared were perfectly paired to combine flavors & textures that brought the most in each bite. Aside, both amuse-bouche sent between 3 courses were perfect for cleansing the palette. Excellent service. Captivatingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service food and ambiancekmcbride81Dined on 15/9/2014My wife and I had one night to spend in London and I searched for a great, filling, peaceful, good food restaurant and I found it. Great job. Can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Such a great experience dining in Petrus. The food is amazing and the service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014This beautiful restaurant is everthing you would expect from the man who takes no prisoners. The decor is classy, understated elegance not at all intimidating, it feels welcoming as if to say, 'You have arrived at the right place sit back and enjoy it' ... And that is exactly what we did, The food was just faultless, and service the same. We travelled from the West Country and we will be making a return trip, when our busy life allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNoBSplseDined on 13/9/2014Had the menu. Some of the food was v good. Mostly average. Very small portions. Wine menu was a ripoff. Lots of couples on "special" nights allowing themselves to be hypnotised by silly prices. Staff are very polished and totally insincere.
- Kitchen Table MagicromanticaDined on 12/9/2014We took some friends to the Petrus Kitchen Table lunch experience. Champagne and canapés to begin with and then down the stairs to the stainless steel world of the Petrus kitchen. The 'table' which can seat up to 8 I believe, is raised on a little dais with its own alcove and air con. From here you look over the whole kitchen - nothing is hidden - and it is quite amazing to watch staff go about their business with technique and concentration. There is hardly any communication such is their focus on getting perfect food on the plates. We had a huge number of courses, each explained in minute detail if you asked and at the end, were invited out to make our own final dessert which was such fun. This was a truly unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Impeccable service, amazing foodWenAndOliDined on 12/9/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary over lunch. The food was amazing and the service truly outstanding. We received little special touches which made the experience all the more amazing. We ordered the 6 course taster menu with a bottle of red wine. We had recently enjoyed the taster menu at Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden for another special occasion. Petrus wins on service and special occasion ambience, but Clos Maggiore wins on food. Though we couldn't recommend both restaurants more!Special Features:
- ChamperDined on 11/9/2014Good atmosphere my wife and I spent our 1st anniversary there. The food was nice but not as good as michelin star level. Monkfish and scallops were overcooked. But the meat was perfect. Overall it was a fair journey to us.
- 3rd time and lasts80chrisDined on 11/9/2014Scallops were chewy. Fish was cold. Told head waiter who just asked if was chewy, it was perfectly cooked, just cold. Don't know why he asked if he wasn't going to do anything about it!
- GreatLondon007007Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and service. One of the best restaurants I have been toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Food was simply delicious. Excellent service and ambiance. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are things slipping at Petrus?romanticaDined on 6/9/2014We have been visiting Petrus for a number of years - it's a great place to go for a special occasion and we have always been satisfied that this restaurant can pull out the stops and produce food and service that is truly superb. However, this time I have to admit I am a little bemused - neither the service nor my main course was 'top notch' - little slips on the service, a main course that I found difficult to eat and also a chosen wine from the very substantial wine list apparently not stocked anymore! We will definitely think twice before visiting again which is a shame - this restaurant is small, intimate with a lovely ambiance. Come on Petrus - time to pull your socks up!Special Features:
- You won't find better...Kevinholmes14Dined on 5/9/2014PLEASE READ... Can honestly say Petrus was the best meal I have ever had. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday on a Friday night. I had to book months in advance and to say the least you will spend a fair penny... But everything from the welcome, to the service, to the heavenly duck , to chocolate sphere, was out of this world... Worth the wait and expense. Quite frankly anyone who judges cost and portions size is an idiot. You get what you pay for and with Petrus you get the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealConductor7Dined on 5/9/2014Went with the tasting menu + 3 courses. Everything was great, the entrees were amazing. We were so used to, in the US, having exciting appetizers but OK entree. Here the entrees were actually the highlight of the meal. The best dish that night was the snow crab, clean taste but packed with flavor. The white chocolate lychee dessert was heavenly. Portions were just perfect for a hungry boy and a medium hungry girl. Service was IMPECCABLE.Special Features:
- excellentSusanDined on 4/9/2014Food was great,especially duck and seafood. Envirement was romantic.It is a good experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJUstin245Dined on 4/9/2014Best food and dining experience we have ever had!!!Special Features:
- Good, but not excellentTotalresuceDined on 4/9/2014As much as rewarded Gordon Ramsay may be, Petrus is not the most outstanding restaurant in London regarding Food. Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and courtous. We even were able to change one course of the tasting menu as my wife is not favouring mussels, clams or most seafood. The courses were nicely presented but the taste of the courses nevertheless boring. There was some kind of individual flavour missing which each part of a menu should have. Still we had a very nice evening with a wonderful quiet corner table. The wine list is extensive, but pricewise in the very high end compare to other restaurants in that league.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the whole experience!WenwireDined on 4/9/2014From the food to the wine to the cognac tasting to the customer service - couldn't be faulted. Really enjoyed the whole evening! Attention to detail made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special eveningGastrodelightedDined on 3/9/2014As visitors to London, we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience of the evening. The Tasting Menu is a gastronomic delight and the staff were very attentive whilst being friendly.Special Features:
- Amazing eveningDeanTeaterDined on 3/9/2014I booked a table for 4, celebrating a birthday. We were welcomed and served to an amazing level of attentiveness for our satisfaction. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dinnerStephanellaDined on 1/9/2014A great dinner, served by extremely graceful waiters and waitresses, with excellent vegetarian options. And, of course, may I recommend the chocolate sphere as your dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulreay5Dined on 1/9/2014Our visit to Petrus was a gift from our son and we went on our 35th Anniversary. It was a lovely experience. the staff were excellent and they made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious with little extras such as the home made bread which was possibly the best bread I have ever eaten. This restaurant is well worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Another great mealsianctDined on 1/9/2014This was our second time to the restaurant, and this was just as good as our first visit. The food is outstanding- the taste, the presentation. The service is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced drinks, lacks atmospherewozzieDined on 30/8/2014I dined here with 3 friends last Saturday. The service is excellent and quality of the food fantastic, however I have been to many restaurants of this level and in comparison, the value/price/experience was not quite there, and it is the first tasting menu I have ever done where we all left feeling hungry still. As with most of these places, the alcohol was high quality but heavily overpriced - a bottle of the cheapest bubbles was 120quid. The room also lacked any real atmosphere and was full of quite dull types for a Saturday especially. Everything we ate and the service was excellent, but with so many other places of a similar level to go in London, I will not waste money going back here again. Try Texture or Pollen Street Social instead.Special Features: