1 Kinnerton Street
London, SW1X 8EANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus
- Phone: 02075921609
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sean Burbidge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Petrus
Petrus' modern French menu combines classic flavours with exquisite presentation. Guests can choose from 500 wines expertly guided by the Head Sommelier. The modern, light interiors of Pétrus have been designed by the acclaimed Russell Sage Studio, who have used a gentle palette of oyster, soft silver and copper tints, as well as dashes of the famous Pétrus claret red throughout the room. Up to six guests can sit at the Pétrus Chef's Table for an unparalleled view of all the action in the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Petrus - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
Petrus reviews from OpenTable diners
640 reviews since 25 May 2014
special occasions (509)romance (366)fit for foodies (269)business meals (199)outstanding value (65)pre/post theatre (47)good vegetarian options (46)sunday lunch (38)disabled access (34)group bookings (32)brunch (29)outdoor eating (23)afternoon tea (8)child friendly (7)Show More
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Food , wine and service is too notch, Mitchelin stars deserved. All worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb LunchVanillagorillaDined on 19/9/2014My husband and I dined here for lunch after being given a 3 course lunch voucher for two as a birthday present. We had been looking forward to the experience and it definately did not disappoint. The service was excellent with the staff being pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food from the lunch menu was sublime, a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds and good value for money too. The wines we chose were two of the more reasonably priced bottles and they did taste good, but as this is Petrus don't expect them to be cheap! All in all for a special occasion if you love great food and wine it's certainly well worth dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARY DINNERMJDorkingDined on 16/9/2014Took my wife to Petrus for our 42nd anniversary dinner. Fully lived up to expectations, with outstanding food, wines and service. Although we do not normally opt for tasting menus we did here as we had seen comments that portions were modest sized. This worked very well as we could get a taste of so much more of the dishes on the menu, as did the accompanying selection of wines for each course. Not cheap, but neither would you expect or want it to be.Special Features:
- Absolutely Deliciousleilaniruth9Dined on 16/9/2014In visiting London for just one week, I wanted to be sure to see what Gordon Ramsey was made of. Although I'm not sure where Petrus ranks within his list of reputable restaurants, It was an absolute treat. I was solo for lunch & was taken care of by each of the 5 servers & 1 manager. They were timely & efficient in all aspects. I had the froi gras for an appetizer & duck for the main course, both of which were perfect. The ingredients prepared were perfectly paired to combine flavors & textures that brought the most in each bite. Aside, both amuse-bouche sent between 3 courses were perfect for cleansing the palette. Excellent service. Captivatingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service food and ambiancekmcbride81Dined on 15/9/2014My wife and I had one night to spend in London and I searched for a great, filling, peaceful, good food restaurant and I found it. Great job. Can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Such a great experience dining in Petrus. The food is amazing and the service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 13/9/2014This beautiful restaurant is everthing you would expect from the man who takes no prisoners. The decor is classy, understated elegance not at all intimidating, it feels welcoming as if to say, 'You have arrived at the right place sit back and enjoy it' ... And that is exactly what we did, The food was just faultless, and service the same. We travelled from the West Country and we will be making a return trip, when our busy life allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNoBSplseDined on 13/9/2014Had the menu. Some of the food was v good. Mostly average. Very small portions. Wine menu was a ripoff. Lots of couples on "special" nights allowing themselves to be hypnotised by silly prices. Staff are very polished and totally insincere.
- Kitchen Table MagicromanticaDined on 12/9/2014We took some friends to the Petrus Kitchen Table lunch experience. Champagne and canapés to begin with and then down the stairs to the stainless steel world of the Petrus kitchen. The 'table' which can seat up to 8 I believe, is raised on a little dais with its own alcove and air con. From here you look over the whole kitchen - nothing is hidden - and it is quite amazing to watch staff go about their business with technique and concentration. There is hardly any communication such is their focus on getting perfect food on the plates. We had a huge number of courses, each explained in minute detail if you asked and at the end, were invited out to make our own final dessert which was such fun. This was a truly unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Impeccable service, amazing foodWenAndOliDined on 12/9/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary over lunch. The food was amazing and the service truly outstanding. We received little special touches which made the experience all the more amazing. We ordered the 6 course taster menu with a bottle of red wine. We had recently enjoyed the taster menu at Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden for another special occasion. Petrus wins on service and special occasion ambience, but Clos Maggiore wins on food. Though we couldn't recommend both restaurants more!Special Features:
- ChamperDined on 11/9/2014Good atmosphere my wife and I spent our 1st anniversary there. The food was nice but not as good as michelin star level. Monkfish and scallops were overcooked. But the meat was perfect. Overall it was a fair journey to us.
- 3rd time and lasts80chrisDined on 11/9/2014Scallops were chewy. Fish was cold. Told head waiter who just asked if was chewy, it was perfectly cooked, just cold. Don't know why he asked if he wasn't going to do anything about it!
- GreatLondon007007Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and service. One of the best restaurants I have been toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Food was simply delicious. Excellent service and ambiance. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are things slipping at Petrus?romanticaDined on 6/9/2014We have been visiting Petrus for a number of years - it's a great place to go for a special occasion and we have always been satisfied that this restaurant can pull out the stops and produce food and service that is truly superb. However, this time I have to admit I am a little bemused - neither the service nor my main course was 'top notch' - little slips on the service, a main course that I found difficult to eat and also a chosen wine from the very substantial wine list apparently not stocked anymore! We will definitely think twice before visiting again which is a shame - this restaurant is small, intimate with a lovely ambiance. Come on Petrus - time to pull your socks up!Special Features:
- You won't find better...Kevinholmes14Dined on 5/9/2014PLEASE READ... Can honestly say Petrus was the best meal I have ever had. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday on a Friday night. I had to book months in advance and to say the least you will spend a fair penny... But everything from the welcome, to the service, to the heavenly duck , to chocolate sphere, was out of this world... Worth the wait and expense. Quite frankly anyone who judges cost and portions size is an idiot. You get what you pay for and with Petrus you get the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealConductor7Dined on 5/9/2014Went with the tasting menu + 3 courses. Everything was great, the entrees were amazing. We were so used to, in the US, having exciting appetizers but OK entree. Here the entrees were actually the highlight of the meal. The best dish that night was the snow crab, clean taste but packed with flavor. The white chocolate lychee dessert was heavenly. Portions were just perfect for a hungry boy and a medium hungry girl. Service was IMPECCABLE.Special Features:
- excellentSusanDined on 4/9/2014Food was great,especially duck and seafood. Envirement was romantic.It is a good experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJUstin245Dined on 4/9/2014Best food and dining experience we have ever had!!!Special Features:
- Good, but not excellentTotalresuceDined on 4/9/2014As much as rewarded Gordon Ramsay may be, Petrus is not the most outstanding restaurant in London regarding Food. Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and courtous. We even were able to change one course of the tasting menu as my wife is not favouring mussels, clams or most seafood. The courses were nicely presented but the taste of the courses nevertheless boring. There was some kind of individual flavour missing which each part of a menu should have. Still we had a very nice evening with a wonderful quiet corner table. The wine list is extensive, but pricewise in the very high end compare to other restaurants in that league.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the whole experience!WenwireDined on 4/9/2014From the food to the wine to the cognac tasting to the customer service - couldn't be faulted. Really enjoyed the whole evening! Attention to detail made it extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special eveningGastrodelightedDined on 3/9/2014As visitors to London, we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience of the evening. The Tasting Menu is a gastronomic delight and the staff were very attentive whilst being friendly.Special Features:
- Amazing eveningDeanTeaterDined on 3/9/2014I booked a table for 4, celebrating a birthday. We were welcomed and served to an amazing level of attentiveness for our satisfaction. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dinnerStephanellaDined on 1/9/2014A great dinner, served by extremely graceful waiters and waitresses, with excellent vegetarian options. And, of course, may I recommend the chocolate sphere as your dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulreay5Dined on 1/9/2014Our visit to Petrus was a gift from our son and we went on our 35th Anniversary. It was a lovely experience. the staff were excellent and they made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious with little extras such as the home made bread which was possibly the best bread I have ever eaten. This restaurant is well worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Another great mealsianctDined on 1/9/2014This was our second time to the restaurant, and this was just as good as our first visit. The food is outstanding- the taste, the presentation. The service is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced drinks, lacks atmospherewozzieDined on 30/8/2014I dined here with 3 friends last Saturday. The service is excellent and quality of the food fantastic, however I have been to many restaurants of this level and in comparison, the value/price/experience was not quite there, and it is the first tasting menu I have ever done where we all left feeling hungry still. As with most of these places, the alcohol was high quality but heavily overpriced - a bottle of the cheapest bubbles was 120quid. The room also lacked any real atmosphere and was full of quite dull types for a Saturday especially. Everything we ate and the service was excellent, but with so many other places of a similar level to go in London, I will not waste money going back here again. Try Texture or Pollen Street Social instead.Special Features:
- Too BadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 30/8/2014Petrus has gone the way of so many owner neglected restaurants. The food lacked taste and imagination. The service was so rushed that we felt like we were in a race. We ordered our cocktails and before we could pick up our glasses the server was pushing us to order. In fact, we had our entrees only 45 minutes after we had arrived. We were out in an hour. We were so rushed and with amstupid condescending attitude that assumes the customer has never ever had such amazing food; fine if you are 17, but not appropriate for adults. The food was boring and underwhelming and the service was snobby and rushed. Not a Michelan star restaurant for long.Special Features:
- PerfectTea4twoDined on 26/8/2014Had a wonderful meal here for my husbands birthday. This was my second visit to the restaurant but first for dinner. And you get a little extra spoiled for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special!MarcelaDined on 25/8/2014They know that when we go to a restaurant it's not only for the food, but the all experience. We had a great one! Marcela and BenoitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Definitely a splurge, but a fun one. The prix fixe lunch menu makes it a little more accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catering for food intolerancesdamnsillyDined on 23/8/2014Petrus are willing to cater for food intolerances/allergies, but that means cutting things out during food prep and only sometimes offering a viable alternative. Could do better in this regard. Costs of drinks aren't clearly publicised - that is where they make their profits - beware! Portions are quite small, as is trendy, but all food is very fresh and tastes very good. Excellent service in the restaurant, friendly and attentive. However, I found it annoying that the restaurant kept pestering me via two phone calls and an e-mail to confirm and re-confirm my booking in advance. That shows disrespect and distrust towards the customer. There was a broken toilet seat in the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarLeslieAnn1Dined on 22/8/2014We were visiting London for our honeymoon and wanted to dine at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. We picked Petrus, frankly because we couldn't get a table at Chef Ramsay's flagship restaurant, but this place is no consolation prize! From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel welcome. The dining room is bright and cheerful, yet understated in its color scheme of creams and beiges. The wait staff was expertly trained and attentive. And then there was the food! Beautifully prepared and presented, each dish was a harmonious blend of colors, flavors and textures that together, created a perfect culinary moment. In any future visits, Petrus will be on our list of must visits.Special Features:
- perfect treatlove2dineoutDined on 22/8/2014We had a lunch at petrus that was absolutely amazing. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the food was out of this world. The staff were ultra professional that did not make you feel out of place. An absolutely amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Petrus 21/08Diner208Dined on 21/8/2014We are experienced travellers, and dine out a lot., so foodies.. We have been before for special occasions. The food was EXCEPTIONAL, and the service was tops. the £35.00 menu, is very good value . Glad it was not too playful as far as mixing inappropriate ingredients, as is fashionable at present, and no ubiquitous smears on the plates. The interior is clean and uncluttered. Thank you for a lovely meal. Diner208.Special Features:
- I love this placefoodieDined on 20/8/2014This is the second time we have had lunch at Petrus. The atmosphere is lovely there and its an intimate setting with only a few tables. The staff take their time to cater to your every need and if you are there for a special occasion genuinely seem interested in your celebration. They offer nice touches like complementary tasters and chocolates after your meal and make you feel special. The service is impeccable and the menu is delicious. Although its a classy venue it is not 'stuffy' or pretentious and you feel relaxed by the staffs efforts to ensure you have a lovely time. There are menus to suit a budget or more extravagant lunch and the drinks menu also offers complements both types of dining.Special Features:
- AmazingHristoDined on 19/8/2014Loved dining at Petrus. It was simply an amazing experience. Now that we are back in Australia we can't stop tell our friends about or evening. An unforgettable evening. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professionalità and accuracyalpatDined on 19/8/2014It's wonderful how Mr. Ramsey can coniugate the perfect professionality of his young and international team and the accuracy of each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatWaggaJohnDined on 19/8/2014Top class inovative food with exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionstreat2eatDined on 16/8/2014This is a restaurant which is ideal for that special occasion or romantic treat. The attentive service is excellent and the food served easily meets the Michelin star standard it holds. I would gladly return and recommend to others.Special Features: