1 Kinnerton Street
London, SW1X 8EANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus
- Phone: 020 7592 1609
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
As of the 2nd November and through to 21st December 2014 we will be opening restaurant on Sundays for both lunch and dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Neil Snowball
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Petrus
Petrus' modern French menu combines classic flavours with exquisite presentation. Guests can choose from 500 wines expertly guided by the Head Sommelier. The modern, light interiors of Pétrus have been designed by the acclaimed Russell Sage Studio, who have used a gentle palette of oyster, soft silver and copper tints, as well as dashes of the famous Pétrus claret red throughout the room. Up to six guests can sit at the Pétrus Chef's Table for an unparalleled view of all the action in the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Petrus - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
Petrus reviews from OpenTable diners
609 reviews since 20 November 2013
special occasions (484)romance (354)fit for foodies (260)business meals (190)outstanding value (68)pre/post theatre (54)good vegetarian options (42)sunday lunch (38)disabled access (31)group bookings (29)brunch (26)outdoor eating (20)afternoon tea (6)child friendly (4)Show More
- Very good food and service, but don't expect a WowlepianisteDined on 18/11/2014I booked dinner at Petrus to celebrate with my wife our anniversary. Setting is nice and relaxing and waiters are nice and not too intrusive. We ordered the chef's tasting menu. The Fois gras and duck were the top dishes, the rest are to a michelin starred restaurant what could only be counted as normal or even slightly under-expectation. Overall a nice experience, but food could be a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious again..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 16/11/2014This was our second visit but we opted for lunch this time. It was delicious again. The only thing was there were a few children in and we could hear the noise from them (not sure why people would bring children to this type of restaurant) they were obviously getting tired or bored but I guess that was not the restaurants fault. The food and service were faultless and we will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection by the glasscladiusDined on 15/11/2014There is a lot more than Petrus on the wine list. We were pleasantly surprised to find a good selection offered by the glass, which greatly facilitates pairing with each course for each one in your party. There is also a good selection of half bottlesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/11/2014Excellent dining experience, we have dined at his restaurant in Chelsea and in our view there was no difference in the experience at either, both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petrus, Murano or Marcus?PiotrDined on 13/11/2014I and my wife had an opportunity to dine on consecutive days at three Michelin stars restaurants in London : Murano, Petrus and Marcus. I choosed the same main dish - crispy pork belly in all these restaurants what let me better compare meals. We had 3 courses menu with wine ca 150 pounds per bottle. Our opinions were as follows. Petrus and Murano at the similar level with pointing Petrus as best choice having food and service at the highest level and the bill came out the lowest. Murano was a bit behind Petrus but offered more friendly ambience. Marcus at The Berkeley definitely deserves no Michelin stars. The food taste worse (pork skins could not chew, and the vegetables were too sour) and our stomachs showed its presence by the rest of the day. Service wanted to be friendly, but they performed it artificially (except sommelier) and the bill was over 25% higher than at Petrus. Never again at Marcus although I remember Marcus Wareing's meals when he was chef at Petrus and his meals were at high level. Why so bad is now?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2014We ordered the three course lunch and were very pleasantly surprised to find we actually received six courses, as well as some excellent bread and butter. The service was good, attentive without being overwhelming and we would definitely eat at Petrus againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and servicefoodie113Dined on 10/11/2014Petrus is an amazing restaurant for impeccable food and service, also the restaurant has great ambiance. I would recommend people to go for special occasions. I will definitely go back for moreSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!yanochka1Dined on 9/11/2014Great food (special thank you to the head chef and his staff), impeccable service, very good atmosphere! We enjoyed it tremendously!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing staff and great foodBrumgirlsDined on 8/11/2014We`had a fantastic time here. The staff are amazing, friendly and helpful and the food is beautiful. The little extra courses they bring are well are well thought out and extremely tasty. Totally recommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSmu31Dined on 7/11/2014Excellence from the first second we sat down. Not the cheapest meal in the works but so far the best. We were Even given a tour of the kitchen. OutstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceFamstraalDined on 6/11/2014We had a great dining experience at Petrus. Lovely wines and the food is to die for! You have to wanna spend some money, but it's worth evey penny! Good ambiance. Private but still connected to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladywholikeslunchDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I dined courtesy on my daughter for my birthday and as I am coeliac, I require a gluten free diet. I notified Petrus on the booking and to my delight they were completely aware as soon as we were given the menu the waiter told me to order anything and the chef would make sure I was looked after. He was right, my choice of food did not disappoint, the flavours are so intense and the presentation is exquisite. I was pleased with the attention of the wine waiter when decanting out red wine which had residue so he decanted again , it was worth the wait, pure nector.Special Features:
- Nice resto in quiet areaHansiDined on 4/11/2014We had a very nice lunch at Petrus. We enjoyed it on our first day in Londen. Great looking restaurant. Friendly staff (a lot of staff), great bread! It wasn't top but it was close.Special Features:
- Dinning ExperienceMgarp20Dined on 3/11/2014The best restaurant, me ald and service in London. Is a good ExperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and ambienceChrisQDined on 3/11/2014What do you expect from a high end place like the Petrus? It was indeed beautiful, service over the top, food excellent, dinner ambience was very nice, and the price very reasonable, when you actually see what you get for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014Our second visit to Petrus - fabulous food and wine highly recommended. Staff very polite and welcomingSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and servicefoodforthoughtDined on 31/10/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the service excellent. The attention to detail is exceptional. The restaurant is small and cosy, but the decoration seems a bit dated (or aimed at people in their 50s-60s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karen L ColchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/10/2014Excellent food, attentive professional, staff, lovely setting, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petrus reviewYankreview2014Dined on 30/10/2014This was an elegant restaurant, service was very good although a little stiff, and there were so many wait persons it was hard to determine who was really our waiter, so confusing when attempting to make a request. It also appeared that English was NOT the first language of all the wait staff. Again, this made for difficulty in making clear our wine and menu choices. The menu featured mainly fish items, which for a non-fish eating person made choices very limited. Portions are truly a "tasting" menu size, even though we did not choose that option. Good wine list.Special Features:
- BESTATFOODVIPDined on 29/10/2014Lunch at Petrus was a delight from the warm welcome on arrival to the sweet treats before we left. The food was fantastic and service discreet but friendly. Excellent place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experience!TracyCKDined on 28/10/2014From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel special and welcome by every single member of staff bar none. My mother and I were there for the Chef's menu which had been given as a gift voucher to my Mum from my sister after her wedding. The 5 course menu turned into 9 courses by the end with little extras slipped in by the chef and every single plate that arrived was exquisitely presented and seasoned to perfection. I had chosen to have the Secrets wine pairing with my meal and each course brought a new glass and a friendly and knowledgeable description of the wine that was to accompany the next course and a detailed rationale of why it complimented it. A little pricier than I am used to but so worth it and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchCravenDined on 25/10/2014An excellent overall experience, Tremendous food, great service and brilliant wine chosen by the concierge. We have eaten in several highly rated restaurants in this country and the lunch was as good as we have ever had.Special Features:
- great experiencemeandnadineDined on 24/10/2014this was my second visit to Petrus and they always delivered! Excellence!Special Features:
- Great eveningAnkieDined on 24/10/2014We had an excellent evening. Food, service and ambience all in sync !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denis1975Dined on 23/10/2014staff weren't so friendly, but food was nice, it was very romantic atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a big disappointment.JljdvgaDined on 18/10/2014to spend the money and go hungry and disappointed.The tasting menus are short on food and insufficient in quantity. Who does not know French food will not taste it. Many choreography and guest room feel pressured. What a shame.Special Features:
- Overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014great dining experience. celebrated my birthday and the servers did go out of their way to celebrate with me(: thanks!Special Features:
- Just marvelousNorwegianHERODined on 16/10/2014A late rainy Thursday in October was turned into a spectacular event. From the champagne to the ice-cold petit fours, the total experience was outstanding. Both the presentation of the food and wines, that fitted perfect, was done with expertise. We were treated with great respect, something you as a foreigner appreciate very much.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in LondonPeteDined on 15/10/2014Very romantic restaurant. Tables are not too close together. Seventh time dining there; never a fault to be found.Special Features:
- mandaDined on 15/10/2014We had the most amazing dining experience at Petrus. We chose the tasting menu and felt we were dining in heaven. The fusion of different tastes we experienced worked so well together. We could not fault anything. Lovely relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff who were attentive without being distracting. The bill was expensive but we were expecting that as the preparation and quality of the food were perfect.Special Features:
- ExcellentDebs69Dined on 11/10/2014We had a great meal once again although we were disappointed by the Sommelier. The White wine was not opened and decanted at the table as it has been on previous occasions. In addition, he forgot to bring the red wine. By the time he remembered, we had finished our meal so we cancelled it and he was very persistent in trying to insist on us having the wine. He kindly brought a glass of dessert wine which was a nice touch. At the end of the meal, the Sommelier pointed out to my husband on 3 occasions that they had omitted the service charge. As it happens we intended to pay it anyway since the service from the rest of the team was impeccable. The Sommelier cheapened the experience with his lack of professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but there's betterRed18Dined on 11/10/2014This was good, but it simply lacked the 'wow' factor experience of many others, in terms of food and service. The set menu was far inferior to the a la carte, whereas normally it is just more restrictive. The overall experience therefore didn't seem great value. There are much better options out there, for a similar cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely lunch fit for foodiesDiningDamsels2012Dined on 10/10/2014As always, a perfect lunch at Petrus - always fantastic and my foodie friends loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid restaurant but lacks......whitehorsehillDined on 10/10/2014.......something special. service excellent food solid but not amazingSpecial Features:
- wondefulAneSoDined on 9/10/2014All was absolutely wonderful. Food is amazing, the Service is perfect, very high quality. Plus they have an amazing wine choice with some of the best worldwide wine! The CAVE is in the center of the room, and you can admire hundred bottles due to the glass-wall... BEAUTIFUL! The Ambience is cosy, comfortable ans very romantic. We had a memorable lovable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetrusSJWeatsDined on 9/10/2014Petrus is as good as everyone says - exceptional service, great food and interesting pairings from the wine flight. Very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excelent restaurant with great value and fare price but small amounts of food. Small plates.Special Features:
- First experienceCeikaDined on 7/10/2014Everything was done very professionally. I enjoyed the starters, dessert and service a lot but the entree was very disappointing for the both of us. The entree was left half untouched and one of the dish in the sampling menu was replaced with something else to our surprise. I would hope the food can improve, if I do come back a 2nd time otherwise I would hope the Gordon Ramsey Restaurant would not disappoint me as much as Petrus. I do have to compliment on the superb service and hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoulouDined on 7/10/2014I booked for my boyfriend's birthday, and the food was delicious. It has lovely subdued and intimate atmosphere that is great for a special occasion. I was a little disappointed as I had emailed the restaurant in advance to ask if they could do something like add a candle or something to mark the occasion and this didn't happen. Otherwise though this was a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- DJC1DJC1Dined on 3/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Petrus. A very good dining experiece overall. Food was very good, Outstanding service and a great restaurant for a special occasion. We thoroughly enjoyed the wines that were teamed up with the Menu we had... a real treat!Special Features: