1 Kinnerton Street
London, SW1X 8EANeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus
- Phone: 02075921609
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sean Burbidge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Petrus
Petrus' modern French menu combines classic flavours with exquisite presentation. Guests can choose from 500 wines expertly guided by the Head Sommelier. The modern, light interiors of Pétrus have been designed by the acclaimed Russell Sage Studio, who have used a gentle palette of oyster, soft silver and copper tints, as well as dashes of the famous Pétrus claret red throughout the room. Up to six guests can sit at the Pétrus Chef's Table for an unparalleled view of all the action in the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Petrus - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
Petrus reviews from OpenTable diners
639 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (503)romance (366)fit for foodies (275)business meals (201)outstanding value (64)good vegetarian options (51)pre/post theatre (44)group bookings (35)sunday lunch (35)disabled access (34)brunch (27)outdoor eating (24)child friendly (7)afternoon tea (7)Show More
- Overpriced drinks, lacks atmospherewozzieDined on 30/8/2014I dined here with 3 friends last Saturday. The service is excellent and quality of the food fantastic, however I have been to many restaurants of this level and in comparison, the value/price/experience was not quite there, and it is the first tasting menu I have ever done where we all left feeling hungry still. As with most of these places, the alcohol was high quality but heavily overpriced - a bottle of the cheapest bubbles was 120quid. The room also lacked any real atmosphere and was full of quite dull types for a Saturday especially. Everything we ate and the service was excellent, but with so many other places of a similar level to go in London, I will not waste money going back here again. Try Texture or Pollen Street Social instead.Special Features:
- PerfectTea4twoDined on 26/8/2014Had a wonderful meal here for my husbands birthday. This was my second visit to the restaurant but first for dinner. And you get a little extra spoiled for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special!MarcelaDined on 25/8/2014They know that when we go to a restaurant it's not only for the food, but the all experience. We had a great one! Marcela and BenoitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Definitely a splurge, but a fun one. The prix fixe lunch menu makes it a little more accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catering for food intolerancesdamnsillyDined on 23/8/2014Petrus are willing to cater for food intolerances/allergies, but that means cutting things out during food prep and only sometimes offering a viable alternative. Could do better in this regard. Costs of drinks aren't clearly publicised - that is where they make their profits - beware! Portions are quite small, as is trendy, but all food is very fresh and tastes very good. Excellent service in the restaurant, friendly and attentive. However, I found it annoying that the restaurant kept pestering me via two phone calls and an e-mail to confirm and re-confirm my booking in advance. That shows disrespect and distrust towards the customer. There was a broken toilet seat in the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarLeslieAnn1Dined on 22/8/2014We were visiting London for our honeymoon and wanted to dine at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. We picked Petrus, frankly because we couldn't get a table at Chef Ramsay's flagship restaurant, but this place is no consolation prize! From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel welcome. The dining room is bright and cheerful, yet understated in its color scheme of creams and beiges. The wait staff was expertly trained and attentive. And then there was the food! Beautifully prepared and presented, each dish was a harmonious blend of colors, flavors and textures that together, created a perfect culinary moment. In any future visits, Petrus will be on our list of must visits.Special Features:
- perfect treatlove2dineoutDined on 22/8/2014We had a lunch at petrus that was absolutely amazing. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the food was out of this world. The staff were ultra professional that did not make you feel out of place. An absolutely amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Petrus 21/08Diner208Dined on 21/8/2014We are experienced travellers, and dine out a lot., so foodies.. We have been before for special occasions. The food was EXCEPTIONAL, and the service was tops. the £35.00 menu, is very good value . Glad it was not too playful as far as mixing inappropriate ingredients, as is fashionable at present, and no ubiquitous smears on the plates. The interior is clean and uncluttered. Thank you for a lovely meal. Diner208.Special Features:
- I love this placefoodieDined on 20/8/2014This is the second time we have had lunch at Petrus. The atmosphere is lovely there and its an intimate setting with only a few tables. The staff take their time to cater to your every need and if you are there for a special occasion genuinely seem interested in your celebration. They offer nice touches like complementary tasters and chocolates after your meal and make you feel special. The service is impeccable and the menu is delicious. Although its a classy venue it is not 'stuffy' or pretentious and you feel relaxed by the staffs efforts to ensure you have a lovely time. There are menus to suit a budget or more extravagant lunch and the drinks menu also offers complements both types of dining.Special Features:
- AmazingHristoDined on 19/8/2014Loved dining at Petrus. It was simply an amazing experience. Now that we are back in Australia we can't stop tell our friends about or evening. An unforgettable evening. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professionalità and accuracyalpatDined on 19/8/2014It's wonderful how Mr. Ramsey can coniugate the perfect professionality of his young and international team and the accuracy of each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatWaggaJohnDined on 19/8/2014Top class inovative food with exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionstreat2eatDined on 16/8/2014This is a restaurant which is ideal for that special occasion or romantic treat. The attentive service is excellent and the food served easily meets the Michelin star standard it holds. I would gladly return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Petrus, superb!RoysterDined on 16/8/2014We dined at Petrus on a Saturday evening (6:30pm) . We were shown to a comfortable seating for pre meal drinks while we could see the staff being briefed for the evening. It was nice to see this as you could tell nothing was going to be left to chance. We were shown to our table. Everyone who served us was polite and friendly. The wine list was massive, as what looked like a photo album was given to me. We chose a Rose Sancerre, but I'm sure there would be something for everyone. Our respective meals were delicious, extremely well presented. If you go for the Chocolate sphere for desert, don't look away when the hot chocolate sauce is poured on, or you'll miss a visual treat. I could not fault our experience at Petrus.Special Features:
- Fenomenal !!AgapDined on 15/8/2014Incredible food, outstanding service, pure perfection.Special Features:
- FaultlessGus4059Dined on 15/8/2014Fantastic food and excellent service. The pork was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/8/2014Tried the tasting menu with "secrets" wine selection. Wonderful food and wine, and outstanding service. Highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWYVERNDined on 13/8/2014Exceeded all expectations. Great ambience, food, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014The service was a bit slow taking our orders and the waiters did not go out of their way to make us feel welcome, probably because we ordered the lunch set menu. The food was good, not outstanding but the fish was perfect. After meal treats were a nice touch and were enjoyed immensely. For the price paid, we could have gotten better service elsewhere. It felt as if other diners who were 'spending big' as it were, were being paid more attention by the servers.Special Features:
- WonderfulMrandmrsmDined on 7/8/2014The tasting menu with matching wines was fabulous. Service was impeccable. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- DelightfulbigearsDined on 4/8/2014Everything was as close to perfection as one might expect from a restaurant of this standingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at PetrusDinnerLadyDined on 2/8/2014I went to Petrus with my partner to celebrate a special occasion. We were very happy with our experience; it met and exceeded our expectations. The food was very good and reasonable value for a restaurant of this quality. The addition of many extras to the three course set menu including canapes, amuse bouche and petis fours added substance and a sense of occasion to the evening. The service was formal but not too stuffy and the decor is simple and elegant. I would recommend it for a special celebration.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningNicluvsjimmy88Dined on 1/8/2014Outstanding food and service can only best describe our experience at Petrus... The moment we arrived the staff made us feel very very welcome. It was our first visit the restaurant and most certainly we will visit again. Each and every staff member knew their job inside out, it was by far one of the best meals I'd eaten...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pleasedFoodjunkieDined on 1/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. The food and service was amazing throughout the meal and the team were very polite. The only issue I had was that the portions are very, very small for the price you pay.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantBerrybiaDined on 1/8/2014We had lunch here on a Saturday and it was really delightful. Make sure to book way ahead, as it is quite difficult to get a table. The lunch menu was outstanding and very good value for money. Service was out of this world. Be sure to order the donuts for dessert!Special Features:
- T123Dined on 30/7/2014We went about 630pm so really early but it filled up fast. Service was second to none and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but priceySmallBlueBusDined on 28/7/2014If you are happy to pay the price for the best quality food and service available, then Petrus is the place to dine. Two of us tried the six course tasting menu (£75) and every course was wonderful; with some very unusual and original ingredients. For example, the second course was roasted scallops, peas, lettuce, lardo di Colonnata, crème fraîche and lemon thyme. My wife was very pleased with the vegetarian dishes she chose. We will return (when funds allow!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal but not outstandingThepotDined on 26/7/2014The problem with £100+ per head meals is that I expect to be blown away. The Petrus tasting menu was good, very good in certain areas but I was only blown away by the foie gras parfait. The other courses were great but a little subtle for my taste, one fish dish even a touch bland. Having said that my wife disagrees and thought it was fantastic so maybe I was just in a bad mood!
- Wow!!!jmg70Dined on 22/7/2014I booked lunch as a special surprise for my partner and I on a visit to London, it was amazing! The service was impeccable, we were made to feel so special. The food was outstanding in presentation and taste. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing dining experience!LuvgreatdiningDined on 19/7/2014We dined at Petrus our first night in London because we had heard so many positive things about it and wanted to have a great dining experience. We'll we were not disappointed. The room is very well done, the service is well coordinated and exceptional and the food just amazing. They also have an excellent wine list and the staff know their wines. One of the best dining experiences we have ever had and we have dined at some great restaurants all over the world for over 40 years. We will dine at Petrus every time we are in London. Bob and Cathy SmithSpecial Features:
- Good value, lovely foodEggchickDined on 19/7/2014We had the lunch menu for £35. The food was excellent although I expected a little more for a michelin star restaurant. The service was excellent although, if possible, I found the staff a little too over-attentive. I would definitely recommend Petrus but warn you the drinks are very very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlishaCDined on 18/7/2014Very good food and the service was outstanding, would definantley recommend Petrus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningDrawdeDined on 18/7/2014You know what to expect when you book a restuarant of this calibre and I am pleased to say it didn't let us down at all. The food what fantastic, as was the service, however, if there was one area I feel I could be critical it was that you were simply walked in and plonked on your table. Some might like this but for me I would have prefered a drink somewhere nice i.e. a balcony, before being shown to the table.Special Features:
- not impressiveMichelin4lifeDined on 18/7/2014There are low food selection and low variety. The price is quite high from what you get. The size of the main course is very small. Three course meal won't make you full. Compare the price to other michelin star and many high reputation restaurants, this one is a bit rip off. Some dishes taste normal, not brilliant.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodchickies79Dined on 12/7/2014Petrus did not dissapoint, the food and service were fantastic. This was our first visit and we will definetly be coming back. If I had one small piece of constructive feedback it would be that the tables are too close together, I would have expected a little more space for fine dining.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceMakCoupleDined on 12/7/2014Very warm welcoming from a staff and he even remembered that we were on our honeymoon. Very decent food presentation, and tasty too :) Great Service!!Special Features:
- Set lunch menu great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2014I took my best friend for her birthday present and the food was great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCallionlunch2reviewDined on 11/7/2014We were celebrating our sons 21st birthday and we had a really excellent evening . The food and staff were all excellent and made our visit welcoming and special . I have to say at £65 a head for this quality of food i thought was very good value for money. We selected a £60 NZ Sauvignon Blanc which was excellent and also had two glasses of the house red which was excellent value for money and a really good wine. Thank you Petrus for making this a fantastic evening John McCallionSpecial Features:
- Didn't disappointMimisomiDined on 10/7/2014Incredible evening, pricey but worth it, every single thing was incredible and service was so on point. Even kindly brought a petit four to the table with a candle for the birthday girl after mentioning birthday in passing. Gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Booked Petrus to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the food, service and whole evening was just great. Pleasantly surprised that one of us could choose the tasting menu, and one of us ate from the a la carte. The chocolate phere dessert to finish was delicious. We finished the evening off with a look at the kitchens and on our next visit would like to experience the kitchen table. We would highly recommend a visit to Petrus.Special Features: