1 Kinnerton Street
London, SW1X 8EANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus
- Phone: 02075921609
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
As of the 2nd November and through to 21st December 2014 we will be opening restaurant on Sundays for both lunch and dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Sean Burbidge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Petrus
Petrus' modern French menu combines classic flavours with exquisite presentation. Guests can choose from 500 wines expertly guided by the Head Sommelier. The modern, light interiors of Pétrus have been designed by the acclaimed Russell Sage Studio, who have used a gentle palette of oyster, soft silver and copper tints, as well as dashes of the famous Pétrus claret red throughout the room. Up to six guests can sit at the Pétrus Chef's Table for an unparalleled view of all the action in the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Petrus - Best restaurants in Belgravia ›
Petrus reviews from OpenTable diners
613 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (486)romance (355)fit for foodies (264)business meals (190)outstanding value (66)pre/post theatre (51)good vegetarian options (43)sunday lunch (36)disabled access (30)group bookings (28)brunch (27)outdoor eating (19)afternoon tea (7)child friendly (4)Show More
- BESTATFOODVIPDined on 29/10/2014Lunch at Petrus was a delight from the warm welcome on arrival to the sweet treats before we left. The food was fantastic and service discreet but friendly. Excellent place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experience!TracyCKDined on 28/10/2014From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel special and welcome by every single member of staff bar none. My mother and I were there for the Chef's menu which had been given as a gift voucher to my Mum from my sister after her wedding. The 5 course menu turned into 9 courses by the end with little extras slipped in by the chef and every single plate that arrived was exquisitely presented and seasoned to perfection. I had chosen to have the Secrets wine pairing with my meal and each course brought a new glass and a friendly and knowledgeable description of the wine that was to accompany the next course and a detailed rationale of why it complimented it. A little pricier than I am used to but so worth it and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchCravenDined on 25/10/2014An excellent overall experience, Tremendous food, great service and brilliant wine chosen by the concierge. We have eaten in several highly rated restaurants in this country and the lunch was as good as we have ever had.Special Features:
- great experiencemeandnadineDined on 24/10/2014this was my second visit to Petrus and they always delivered! Excellence!Special Features:
- Great eveningAnkieDined on 24/10/2014We had an excellent evening. Food, service and ambience all in sync !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denis1975Dined on 23/10/2014staff weren't so friendly, but food was nice, it was very romantic atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014great dining experience. celebrated my birthday and the servers did go out of their way to celebrate with me(: thanks!Special Features:
- Just marvelousNorwegianHERODined on 16/10/2014A late rainy Thursday in October was turned into a spectacular event. From the champagne to the ice-cold petit fours, the total experience was outstanding. Both the presentation of the food and wines, that fitted perfect, was done with expertise. We were treated with great respect, something you as a foreigner appreciate very much.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in LondonPeteDined on 15/10/2014Very romantic restaurant. Tables are not too close together. Seventh time dining there; never a fault to be found.Special Features:
- mandaDined on 15/10/2014We had the most amazing dining experience at Petrus. We chose the tasting menu and felt we were dining in heaven. The fusion of different tastes we experienced worked so well together. We could not fault anything. Lovely relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff who were attentive without being distracting. The bill was expensive but we were expecting that as the preparation and quality of the food were perfect.Special Features:
- ExcellentDebs69Dined on 11/10/2014We had a great meal once again although we were disappointed by the Sommelier. The White wine was not opened and decanted at the table as it has been on previous occasions. In addition, he forgot to bring the red wine. By the time he remembered, we had finished our meal so we cancelled it and he was very persistent in trying to insist on us having the wine. He kindly brought a glass of dessert wine which was a nice touch. At the end of the meal, the Sommelier pointed out to my husband on 3 occasions that they had omitted the service charge. As it happens we intended to pay it anyway since the service from the rest of the team was impeccable. The Sommelier cheapened the experience with his lack of professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but there's betterRed18Dined on 11/10/2014This was good, but it simply lacked the 'wow' factor experience of many others, in terms of food and service. The set menu was far inferior to the a la carte, whereas normally it is just more restrictive. The overall experience therefore didn't seem great value. There are much better options out there, for a similar cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely lunch fit for foodiesDiningDamsels2012Dined on 10/10/2014As always, a perfect lunch at Petrus - always fantastic and my foodie friends loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid restaurant but lacks......whitehorsehillDined on 10/10/2014.......something special. service excellent food solid but not amazingSpecial Features:
- PetrusSJWeatsDined on 9/10/2014Petrus is as good as everyone says - exceptional service, great food and interesting pairings from the wine flight. Very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excelent restaurant with great value and fare price but small amounts of food. Small plates.Special Features:
- LoulouDined on 7/10/2014I booked for my boyfriend's birthday, and the food was delicious. It has lovely subdued and intimate atmosphere that is great for a special occasion. I was a little disappointed as I had emailed the restaurant in advance to ask if they could do something like add a candle or something to mark the occasion and this didn't happen. Otherwise though this was a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- DJC1DJC1Dined on 3/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Petrus. A very good dining experiece overall. Food was very good, Outstanding service and a great restaurant for a special occasion. We thoroughly enjoyed the wines that were teamed up with the Menu we had... a real treat!Special Features:
- Disappointing PetrusSuzyfDined on 1/10/2014Very poor service Up selling of wine Average food Very expensive and poor value All in all would definitely not recommend.
- Meal Fit For A QueenCharDined on 1/10/2014We visited Petrus from the U.S. for the first time last year. It was such an enjoyable experience, we knew we had to do it again when we visited London this year. The meal and the service were just as impeccable as we remembered. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable and the meal was absolutely delicious and one which we shall talk about for a long time to come. It is truly a pleasure to dine here and we were treated with the utmost respect.Special Features:
- RobboDined on 27/9/2014Absolutely amazing, it made my wife's 40th birthday. I can't recommend Petrus highly enough. The food is out of this word, the service was so warm, helpful and attentive. Please whatever you do, don't get rid of the chocolate desert, its amazing and a truly fantastic way to end off an incredible meal. Thank you to all staff who worked on Saturday 27th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 27/9/2014Five of us dined at Petrus on Saturday night as a special birthday dinner for my husband. We had the tasting menu and the food was excellent. The Secrets wine pairings complemented the food, although they needed to be tasted closely together with the food in order to be best appreciated. Overall a very good evening although the service seemed to disappear after we were about half way through our meal which was disappointing, and there's no doubt that this is a very expensive night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing lunch for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014We dined before we saw a show and it was fantastic. We were running an hour late for our booking and arrived just before the kitchen shut for dinner prep. Nothing was too much trouble and we were treated to amazing service and even better food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSusanneDined on 25/9/2014Such good food - truly lovely with amazing flavor and presentation. Couldn't fault it. Excellent service. A lovely evening had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on 24/09/2014GandTDined on 24/9/2014My wife and I had the taster menu and thought that the whole evening was excellent. We were made to feel welcome by all the staff who were efficient and attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble even to changing items on the menu to satisfy my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedSibaritaDined on 23/9/2014I had a lot expectation of this Restaurant was highly recomended in several reviews. The quality of food, service and decor was amaizing, a little bit quiet for me. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ikerhiroDined on 23/9/2014Went to Petrus with my boyfriend to celebrate our 2th anniversary.The waiters and waitresses were very attentive, love the service. Food was good, we ordered 3 course dinner and there were a lot of complimentary food between each course. Wine was good too, I wish to go back to London and I will definitely recommend Petrus to anyone!Special Features:
- Such a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Everything was just so pretentious & not worth the money.
- ExcellentTareDined on 20/9/2014In one word excellent! Genius combinations that tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassionsSomebodyDined on 20/9/2014Michelin star rated restaurant, so you have to go in expecting the an expensive meal, but it's still worth the ambiance and experience for those really special occasions. Service was mostly good, but the wait between courses was a little longer than it needed to be at times. We also had to wait a long time to receive our check at the end of the meal. Other than that, everything was spectacular and such a perfect way to end our holiday trip to London and to celebrate our 8-year anniversary. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. So many techniques were used for each course. A true delight for all foodies!Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experiencedingdongDined on 20/9/2014Staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. There are several menus to pick from with each explained and any questions answered. I did not like one of the flavours on one main and they happily allowed me to select from another menu. Food was excellent and served in a lovely way, never rushed but also not waiting for too long. There are extras such as an amuse-bouche and chocolates at the end. The wine selection is amazing though expensive, there are prices to suit most people. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant - staff surlytimtheduncDined on 20/9/2014Upon entry we were immediately greeted and shown to our table. We then met our waiter who didn't introduce himself and seemed to become more abrupt the longer he served us. However the food was excellent and the presentation of the food was superb, there was a lot of theatre which worked. The ambience was lovely and the decor superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Food , wine and service is too notch, Mitchelin stars deserved. All worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb LunchVanillagorillaDined on 19/9/2014My husband and I dined here for lunch after being given a 3 course lunch voucher for two as a birthday present. We had been looking forward to the experience and it definately did not disappoint. The service was excellent with the staff being pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food from the lunch menu was sublime, a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds and good value for money too. The wines we chose were two of the more reasonably priced bottles and they did taste good, but as this is Petrus don't expect them to be cheap! All in all for a special occasion if you love great food and wine it's certainly well worth dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetrusASearleDined on 18/9/2014Great meal at Petrus. Went for the tasting menu with wine pairing - everything was delicious as one would expect and the staff could not be faulted in any way. Highly recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY DINNERMJDorkingDined on 16/9/2014Took my wife to Petrus for our 42nd anniversary dinner. Fully lived up to expectations, with outstanding food, wines and service. Although we do not normally opt for tasting menus we did here as we had seen comments that portions were modest sized. This worked very well as we could get a taste of so much more of the dishes on the menu, as did the accompanying selection of wines for each course. Not cheap, but neither would you expect or want it to be.Special Features:
- lionmanDined on 16/9/2014Overall - an avant garde experience to remember. For a couple of the dishes it would have been nice to have tasting notes - suggestions on what to combine etc. The amuse bouches were welcome. The bread was warm & delicious. 1 starter with truffles was superb, 1 with crabmeat was confusing. The mains, while so tasty, were all meat, & virtually no veg. 1 dessert (a miniaturised apple & blackberry crumble) was tasty enough but what is wrong with the original hearty-style crumble? Another dessert with white chocolate & rose petals was too cold and overly girly. The price was as eye-watering as the dry ice which wafted out of the surprisingly delicious chocolates with salted caramel which suddenly appeared gratis at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Absolutely Deliciousleilaniruth9Dined on 16/9/2014In visiting London for just one week, I wanted to be sure to see what Gordon Ramsey was made of. Although I'm not sure where Petrus ranks within his list of reputable restaurants, It was an absolute treat. I was solo for lunch & was taken care of by each of the 5 servers & 1 manager. They were timely & efficient in all aspects. I had the froi gras for an appetizer & duck for the main course, both of which were perfect. The ingredients prepared were perfectly paired to combine flavors & textures that brought the most in each bite. Aside, both amuse-bouche sent between 3 courses were perfect for cleansing the palette. Excellent service. Captivatingly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service food and ambiancekmcbride81Dined on 15/9/2014My wife and I had one night to spend in London and I searched for a great, filling, peaceful, good food restaurant and I found it. Great job. Can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Such a great experience dining in Petrus. The food is amazing and the service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.