13 - 14 Cork Street
London, W1S 3NSNeighbourhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 020 7409 1370
- Hours of Operation:
Peyote is open from Monday through Friday for lunch (Noon-2.30pm) and Monday through Saturday for dinner (6pm-10.30pm), with a late bar license until 1am from Monday to Wednesday, and until 2am Thursday to Saturday.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, South American, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Peyote
Peyote restaurant and bar officially opened in November 2013, at 13 Cork Street in Mayfair, London. Launched by Tarun Mahrotri and Arjun Waney (Zuma, Roka, Arts Club), the modern Mexican restaurant uses fresh, seasonal ingredients, offering traditional favourites with a modern twist. Eduardo García of the hugely popular Máximo Bistro in Mexico City partnered with Tarun; he collaborated on the menu and worked with head chef Hili Sharabani (previously at Buddha Bar in Knightsbridge and Nobu Park Lane). The dishes – from tacos to sharing platters and à la carte plates – are delicately balanced and beautifully crafted. Highlights include Cactus salad; Tuna laminado; Crab-avocado tostada; Fish or Pork pibil tacos; Chuletón y salsa borracha (rib eye with salsa); Stone bass with guajillo sauce; and Churros with chocolate sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peyote reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since 27 November 2013
group bookings (8)fit for foodies (6)special occasions (6)pre/post theatre (5)business meals (3)good vegetarian options (3)romance (3)afternoon tea (1)sunday lunch (1)brunch (1)Show More
- Mayfair location, Mayfair pricesMuseOfMarketingVIPDined on 20/11/2014as a Californian, I had high hopes for an innovative Mexican restaurant in London; sadly what I got was an over-priced predictable menu, tiny sized cocktails (my Margarita was mostly ice) and a request to vacate our table after 90 minutes to help them make more money for another party wanting our table. Greedy in all respects. Will not be going back!
- Love the food and the atmosphereevalDined on 11/11/2014Went on a Tuesday evening and we were slightly surprised how quiet / half empty it was. The manager told us that it gets really buzzy from WED onwards through to SAT when they have DJs in house. It was a great dinner and lovely atmosphere, the only criticism I had was that the waiter who served us had no idea of wine let alone how to describe a wine, so I asked for the sommelier who was able to help and knowledgeable. Overall, great evening, I will certainly go back on one of the busier nights to check out the atmosphere then.Special Features:
- Peyote not as good as I thoughtSissi27Dined on 7/11/2014Very overpriced and poor quality food. Ambiance and service was good though. I'd say it a nice place for a little snack and a margarita, not for anything else and certainly not for a proper dinner. Far too expensive for what it is though.
- Terrible serviceLondonfoodieDined on 30/10/2014Not greeted at entrance and asked for name 3 times before being seated- I have a very commonplace name so not tricky. Sat down without being asked if we'd like our coats put in the cloakroom. Once seated yet again asked for name! Felt hassled into placing order with waiter hovering- pudding plates were swept away; we were told they needed the table. Waiter returned after 5 mins to remind us and said we could go to bar. As my friend was being picked up 15 mins later we thought we'd do this but given we had bags and coats it would have been nice if the waiter had helped or found us a place at the bar- he did not and there was really no space, so we went after having repeatedly asked for the bill and told to wait until the table was reset.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodnoshDined on 24/10/2014I must say the food we had was delicious as well as the large variety of options even for vegetarians. However all this was overshadowed by the loud music rather early in the night (pre-9pm). Was also not told tables only had 2 hours on them when we booked and was rushed out before desert could be fully enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!JanskiDined on 29/9/2014I would love to find some helpful constructive feedback but I cannot fault anything. The welcome was warm (very quiet Monday lunchtime), the service well paced and friendly, and the house Margarita was lovely. I had one of the best octopus dishes ever, served with a subtle lemon salsa, followed by a butterflied sea bass fillet - gorgeously flavoured and delicious. Roast corn with a jalapeño mayo on the side completed a really wonderful meal. Not cheap, but I will not let that stop me from going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Peyote reviews archive.