13 - 14 Cork Street
London, W1S 3NSNeighbourhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 02074091370x
- Hours of Operation:
Peyote is open from Monday through Friday for lunch (Noon-2.30pm) and Monday through Saturday for dinner (6pm-10.30pm), with a late bar license until 1am from Monday to Wednesday, and until 2am Thursday to Saturday.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, South American, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Peyote
Peyote restaurant and bar officially opened in November 2013, at 13 Cork Street in Mayfair, London. Launched by Tarun Mahrotri and Arjun Waney (Zuma, Roka, Arts Club), the modern Mexican restaurant uses fresh, seasonal ingredients, offering traditional favourites with a modern twist. Eduardo García of the hugely popular Máximo Bistro in Mexico City partnered with Tarun; he collaborated on the menu and worked with head chef Hili Sharabani (previously at Buddha Bar in Knightsbridge and Nobu Park Lane). The dishes – from tacos to sharing platters and à la carte plates – are delicately balanced and beautifully crafted. Highlights include Cactus salad; Tuna laminado; Crab-avocado tostada; Fish or Pork pibil tacos; Chuletón y salsa borracha (rib eye with salsa); Stone bass with guajillo sauce; and Churros with chocolate sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Peyote reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since 1 November 2013
group bookings (5)good vegetarian options (3)special occasions (3)fit for foodies (2)pre/post theatre (2)romance (2)business meals (1)Show More
- Terrible serviceLondonfoodieDined on 30/10/2014Not greeted at entrance and asked for name 3 times before being seated- I have a very commonplace name so not tricky. Sat down without being asked if we'd like our coats put in the cloakroom. Once seated yet again asked for name! Felt hassled into placing order with waiter hovering- pudding plates were swept away; we were told they needed the table. Waiter returned after 5 mins to remind us and said we could go to bar. As my friend was being picked up 15 mins later we thought we'd do this but given we had bags and coats it would have been nice if the waiter had helped or found us a place at the bar- he did not and there was really no space, so we went after having repeatedly asked for the bill and told to wait until the table was reset.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodnoshDined on 24/10/2014I must say the food we had was delicious as well as the large variety of options even for vegetarians. However all this was overshadowed by the loud music rather early in the night (pre-9pm). Was also not told tables only had 2 hours on them when we booked and was rushed out before desert could be fully enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!JanskiDined on 29/9/2014I would love to find some helpful constructive feedback but I cannot fault anything. The welcome was warm (very quiet Monday lunchtime), the service well paced and friendly, and the house Margarita was lovely. I had one of the best octopus dishes ever, served with a subtle lemon salsa, followed by a butterflied sea bass fillet - gorgeously flavoured and delicious. Roast corn with a jalapeño mayo on the side completed a really wonderful meal. Not cheap, but I will not let that stop me from going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Peyote reviews archive.