11/12 Park Row
Leeds, LS1 5HDNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.individualrestaurants.com/piccolino/leeds/
- Phone: 01132443220
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday: 12:00 noon - 11:00PM Sunday: 12.00 noon - 10:30´PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Wine
A word from Piccolino Leeds
Located on Park Row in Leeds, Piccolino brings a true taste of Italy to the heart of the city. The restaurant offers a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes prepared in an open kitchen in full view of diners. Fresh pasta is made daily from scratch in our pasta kitchen and is a charming spectacle for guests to watch. Our dishes are rustic, simple and delicious and are created using the best, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Piccolino Leeds - Best restaurants in Leeds ›
Piccolino Leeds reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (13)group bookings (11)romance (8)fit for foodies (8)business meals (6)pre/post theatre (5)sunday lunch (3)child friendly (2)brunch (2)afternoon tea (2)outstanding value (2)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- understaffed with average foodCogsDined on 9/8/2014having been before years ago I had high hopes but the place has gone downhill. food was slow, some sides and starters missing. water was requested 4 times before arriving. all in all poor show
- A bit like a school dinner hall.InspectorDined on 19/7/2014We were really looking forward to our visit to Piccolino's after reading the reviews but left a little bit disappointed. We booked for a Saturday evening and we thought it would be busy but the place was packed to rafters, the tables were close together and we struggled to have a conversation. The chicken dishes we ordered we're just ok with no real flavour. We also found the cost a bit on the high side for what we ordered. It might be better on a lunch time or Sunday evening, but I personally wouldn't go again on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Casual Italian eateryKahKayDined on 5/7/2014Picolini ID a casual Italian restaurant located in the financial district if Leeds not far from the train station. It's staff are friendly and cheerful and go out of their way to make customers feel welcomed. It has a good selection of pizzas, pastas and main courses. As it was the day of the Tour de France Grand Departe, it was full. Despite that, service was prompt and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great central locationTheHoffDined on 15/3/2014This was our first visit to Piccolino's and first impressions were very good. A bustling lively restaurant. We we're early for our table booking and were greeted warmly and professionally. We had a drink whilst waiting and were soon shown to our table, however there isn't much in the way of seating if you are early and we stood at the bar. The service and attention from the staff was friendly and second to none. The food was excellent - I had the crispy duck which was very tasty and my partner enjoyed a bolognese which he commented was problem one of the tastiest he had ever eaten. If any criticism we were seated very close to a large party and it was too noisy as the table got louder and louder throughout the evening.otherwise v good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night ItalianLMLeedsDined on 8/3/2014Had another great night at Piccolinos on Saturday and would recommend for a buzzy night out with friends/family. Our server was quite surly but that didnt ruin our night and the service was effiencient. All went for pasta dishes which were fantastic and a good portion size.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceShellif1Dined on 28/2/2014Having never been to this restaurant before I ate there two nights in a row! First night with my sister-in-law whilst the boys were at the Arena - the service was delightful, but I had the calamari to start and a pizza to follow both very nice - I may have chosen something different but we had both forgotten our glasses and the ambient lighting made it impossible for us to read the menu!! Second time the following night I chose from the "specials card" that was presented at the table. The waiter came back a little later to say that the specials were actually reserved for Sunday lunch so ............I had pizza! The overall experience was pleasant, the staff lovely but not in your face and the atmosphere is buzzing and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceBFCUTCDined on 15/2/2014A very busy Saturday night yet service remained excellent throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodgloriousfoodTheHungryHipposDined on 8/2/2014I received a courtesy email and phone call prior to the meal, that reassured me all was well with the booking. Upon arrival we were greeted by the maître d and who offered to place our coats into a secure area. We were promptly led to our table, and given our menus. We ordered our drinks which arrived quickly and we were asked if we were ready to order. All of us only wanted to have a main, as we had actually eaten a rather large late lunch. All our food arrived together and cooked to order. We had requested a quiet area to be seated, but in fact it seemed the restaurant was so busy there wasn't a quiet area. This was admittedly at 19.30hrs on a Saturday, so a very busy time, just seemed like a lot of large groups were dining at the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food, service & price!GazzaDined on 1/2/2014Overall the experience was very good. One thing I would say Is the waitress cleared my plate away before the other half finished... Just felt odd!! Other than that, good price for the quality of food and would go again!Special Features:
- Poor Service :(EGreenDiningDined on 25/1/2014We waited over 20 minutes for our drinks order to be taken, followed by another 15 minute wait for the drinks to arrive. During the evening we asked for a jug of water on three separate occasions which never arrived. There was a distinct smell of stale smoke. Although it was busy there seemed to be enough staff, they were simply poorly organised. In addition, we ordered sides which never came, yet we were still charged for them. It was such a shame because the food and the setting was fantastic, but by pudding we realised we didn't have another hour to spare so we paid and left without even ordering a coffee. It is such a shame, at just under £20 a head without wine this was genuinely so dissapointing.
- date nightTSimpsonDined on 7/1/2014Perfect start to date night with my other half.....just had pizzas but both were delicious. Great start to our date night
- Sweet SueLuv2munchDined on 30/11/2013Excellent food, staff were very attentive. A very enjoyable meal for ladies who do lunch!! We will be back......Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysmrthirsty74Dined on 16/11/2013My fiancée and I have been to the Birmingham and Sheffield restaurants and Leeds was no exception. From the moment we arrived it was very busy but the atmosphere was great. Our table was ready within minutes of our arrival. The service was quality as was the food we ate. Go to Pic's you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to this restaurantStevetDined on 15/11/2013We came to this restaurant to celebrate our son's 18th birthday and it was a very enjoyable evening - the food, service and ambience were first class - I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as alwaysyummydiningDined on 7/11/2013We are never disappointed with Piccolino - not had a bad meal yet. Service very attentive. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Friday night in LeedsTopmumDined on 25/10/2013Delightful restaurant, great ambience and wealth of choice on the menu. Everything we ordered was delicious with generous portions. Service was impeccable, solicitous without being overbearing. Definitely a place to go for a relaxed meal to celebrate a special occasion. Surprisingly quiet for Friday night, however this didn't detract from the overall experience. Their loyalty card is a nice touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceDamianDined on 14/10/2013The staff were professional but friendly. The food was very good, although my daughter as a vegetarian was a little disappointed with the asparagus starter which was rather bland. It is pricy but for a special occasion it is worth it as the food overall was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shame about the noiseonetimeinleedsDined on 21/9/2013Excellent meal and service however it was impossible to chat with my partner due to the combination of loud music and a large party at the neighbouring table. Like being in a nightclub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Piccolino Leeds reviews archive.
- My husband and I ate on satMagsDined on 31/8/2013My husband and I ate on sat past were next to a noisy hen party, not there fault! Pizza was nothing special. Staff were efficiant. Don't think I would go back looked promising from the reviews but was disappointing.
- Nicely decorated and spottlesslyJos10kDined on 24/8/2013Nicely decorated and spottlessly clean. Food and service were good, the menu was well thought out and the wine list had a good range of price options. I will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time at Piccolino.IGhengisDined on 16/8/2013It was my first time at Piccolino.I like the layout and the decor is tasteful.The service was good & any help we required was given.We both enjoyed the food very much.prices are maybe a touch high,but the overall experience was a pleasing one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful AND yummy!SeasiderDined on 17/3/2013The staff were very eager to help and adapted an item on the menu to make it an even more enjoyable experience. The food was excellent, especially the arancini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- poor serviceSjbabjDined on 15/1/2013The food we had was great, we had both start and a main course. How ever we had I wait a while before the waiters came to take our drink order and then our food order. Once the food was brought out there was no real effort to interact with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice place to eatTDlove2eatDined on 9/12/2012I dined here with my mother during our Christmas shopping trip to Leeds on Sunday. The service was great as usual, we had a cocktail before the meal and then the full 3 courses, it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch hour speedy serviceTDlove2eatDined on 13/11/2012I advised the staff that it was in fact my lunch hour and they couldn't have been more attentive, we only had one course but the food was beautiful and we were in and out in 45 minutes. Perfect!Special Features:
- Good food, decent servicemonrunDined on 10/11/2012We enjoyed the food but felt the mains could have had more meat in them. Service was a bit questionable at times but overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchAmbrosierDined on 10/11/2012A lovely 1st visit for our sons Birthday who has just relocated to the area. Wonderful, friendly, attentive staff, with lovely authentic Italian cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had Gamberini to start with,MontalbiniDined on 30/10/2012I had Gamberini to start with, this was delicious and a glass of Sicilian white wine, also good. My main course of pasta with strips of beef in a sauce was not good. There was no sparkle about this meal, it tasted re-heated from frozen and I wished I had gone for a further fish pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Website was a waste of timeDisappointedDined on 27/10/2012I booked through top table website. Decided to ring paccolino after I got the confirmation that the reservation was complete when I had they said there was no reservation for me and they was fully book. Very glad I phoned or I would of turned up with a group of friend and looked like a complete fool. Would never use top table again
- Good food, Good wine, little rushednoddysheadDined on 6/10/2012We had an excellent meal and the wine was delicious, only small criticism is that the waiters seemed in a hurry to get our table back.
- Friday Night PiccolinosLMLeedsDined on 28/9/2012It was great to visit Piccolinos on Friday night as it was a little bit calmer than it is on Saturday nights. The atmospherre was still great and the food was excellent, again! will definately recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Piccolinos LeedsLMLeedsDined on 22/9/2012Again great service and food from our fave Piccolinnos in the city centre. Always buzzy but good attentive service from the staff. good place to go for some tasty Italian food with a good atmosphere. would definately recommend.Special Features:
- we loved itpandjlovefoodDined on 8/9/2012The man that showed us to the table was very helpful and friendly, the staff were always willing to help, my spicy pasta was very nice and i tried my wife but her pasta was only just cooked. we will go back there but there are other restaurants that we want to try in leeds firstSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolinos Saturday NightLMLeedsDined on 4/8/2012We visited on Saturday night following a brilliant visit a couple of weeks ago. After a bit of a mix up with the booking through Toptable we turned up expecting the worst. However we were greeeted warmly and offered a drink on the house. This was a great gesture thank you. Flatbread to start was delicious and then both the mains were excellent again...bolognaise and arribiatta were both brilliant. service was swift and friendly and we will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!LoraDined on 24/7/2012Been here a few times now and it has never failed to impress. The food is delicious and well worth the price. The seafood risotto was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. Can't fault it!Special Features:
- Piccolinos on a Saturday NightLMLeedsDined on 14/7/2012Went to Piccolinos on Saturday night for a buzzy Italian and we very much got a buzzy Italian. Amended our reservation to 8.30pm but that never got through to the reception so we had to wait for our table. All OK as we got a drink on our table tab in the bar (not one to head to for a quiet drink). We all went for pasta dishes and all were fantastic...cannot fault any of them, special mentions to the tagliatelle bolognaise and Penne Arriabiatta. Only comments would be that it took 5 attempts to get the table water we asked for, final attempt was a walk to the bar to ask again. Also we didnt get the right bill and the drinks before dinner had been left off. We mentioned this and got a free shot each which was a nice gesture.Special Features:
- Eating at PiccalinostoolmanchrisDined on 8/6/2012A very pleasant dining experience. Excellent service and lovely food. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Very good pasta, all freshly madeDinTheLobeDined on 22/5/2012Overall a very enjoyable experience. Service was good as were the bread snacks and lovely green olives. Had Brushcetta to start which was slightly too salty and possibly a bit stingy on the bread. However the crab ravioli was truly excellent. Ranks with one of the best dishes I've had in an Italian. I would say it was a better than a lot more pricey Italian restaurants in London. The fact that Piccolino is a chain made it even more suprising. Wine was reasonable, the waiter we had seem to know his stuff. Ambience was pleasant, in a modern spacious stile. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good food, good location,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012Overall good food, good location, good price, but POOR service. We went to Piccolino for a friends going away dinner. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent. However the experience was badly let down by the service. For the location and type of place it is I expected much more. The serving staff were not very attentive at all and there were a number of times when we were left waiting to be served.
- Good night here - food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2012Good night here - food was tasty, service was ok if a little rushed/not very attentive. I come here quite a lot because it is good fresh food and service is usually brilliant. This was not the best trip here but I will still return.