14a Cook Street
Liverpool, L2 9QUNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.individualrestaurants.com/piccolino/liverpool/
- Phone: 01512362555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 12:00 noon - 11:00PM Saturday: 12:00 noon - 11:00PM Sunday: 12:00 noon - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Wine
A word from Piccolino Liverpool
Located on Cook Street in Liverpool, Piccolino brings a true taste of Italy to the heart of the city. The restaurant offers a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes prepared in an open kitchen in full view of diners. Fresh pasta is made daily from scratch in our pasta kitchen and is a charming spectacle for guests to watch. Our dishes are rustic, simple and delicious and are created using the best, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Piccolino Liverpool - Best restaurants in Liverpool ›
Piccolino Liverpool reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since 23 October 2013
business meals (12)group bookings (12)special occasions (12)fit for foodies (8)romance (8)pre/post theatre (6)brunch (4)outstanding value (3)child friendly (3)sunday lunch (1)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- Piccolinos LiverpoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/10/2014I have dined in this restaurant many times over the years and am never disappointed with the experience. the staff were friendly,and attentive and keen to help out with advice on our choice of meals. the food was excellent and good value for money and the atmosphere relaxed and unhurried. i would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a venue for a good quality, relaxed business lunch.Special Features:
- picolinoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at picolinos, plenty of choice on the menu and our particular choice was excellent , with very good service from arrival to departureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HecticCelticroseDined on 29/8/2014Not the place to go if you are looking for a quiet and romantic meal. It's extremely dark and there are so much staff milling about, it's almost frenetic. The food however was better than average. Expensive for what is average Italian fayreccSpecial Features:
- RELAXED EVENINGITALIANOFAN2014Dined on 21/8/2014WE RECENTLY HAD AN ANNIVERSARY MEAL AT PICCOLINO'S AND WERE VERY IMPRESSED BY THE OVERALL AMBIENCE OF RESTAURANT. FROM THE FRIENDLY GREETING AS WE ENTERED TO THE BAR STAFF AND WAITING ON STAFF EVERYTHING WAS RELAXED AND INFORMAL AND NOT AT ALL STUFFY AS WE HAVE EXPERIENCED IN OTHER RESTAURANTS. THE MEAL ITSELF WAS DELICIOUS WITH A WIDE AND VARIED CHOICE. ALL IN ALL WE COULD NOT HAVE CHOSEN BETTER FOR A CELEBRATORY EVENING OUT.Special Features:
- Good food, good valueHenritomDined on 26/7/2014Booked Piccolinos as we were visiting Liverpool to see the "Giants". Despite the restaurant being busy the food was served in a timely manner and was of good quality at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Lively diningRedin63Dined on 26/7/2014We visited on one of the busiest days of the year, managed to book a table for six just 24 hours before and had a good time. Staff were very busy but coped well with a full restaurant. Food was good and the lively atmosphere made for a very good lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good servicebs1560Dined on 20/7/2014great food on arriving we found that our internet booking had been taken wrongly!!! but the staff at the restaurant did amazing things to fit our party of 7 in!!! great night and i would top again but i will book direct with the restaurant next time !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Open and other links51notoutVIPDined on 18/7/2014Great atmosphere and excellent service in this restaurant. Valpolicella Ripasso and Lugana on the wine list - perfectSpecial Features:
- Food4thoughtDined on 17/7/2014Restaurant was very busy when we were there so was extremely noisy. Staff were excellent and attentive. We are given the choice having a drink at bar or going to our table on arrival. Food was delicious but my pasta dish was mostly pasta and very little sauce. My starter of crab and fennel crostini was very good. We enjoyed the experience and would certainly recommend Piccolino's to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut above the rest......CochynVIPDined on 5/4/2014We visit Liverpool a lot, as a couple to see family, & for business. And we're making this place our home from home. Other Italian 'chain' restaurants just don't compare with it. Service is superb, with waiting staff who seem to genuinely enjoy their work, & who enthuse about the food. The menu is extensive enough to make choosing a long, pleasurable process - you may have to order the wine before your meal, as we did! Set menus are excellent value. I ate a dessert here for the first time in decades - lemon polenta cake with caramelised oranges. Fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!AnnienDined on 7/3/2014Booked this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend and glad we did - very convenient location to our hotel. Was very busy Fri night but greeting was warm and attentive. Service could not have been better - no long waits and constant attention (without being intrusive). Food was very good and they even stuck a candle in my husband's pudding and all the waiters sang 'happy birthday' to him as I had mentioned that we were in Liverpool for his 40th birthday (just watch out for the silver trays!). All in all very good value for money and would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Dinner for Two....EnjoyGudFoodDined on 20/2/2014On arriving at the venue we were welcomed most warmly and invited to take a drink in the bar. Our coats were taken. We were shown to our table and the service throughout our time there was fantastic. Helpful, engaging but not too much. The food was divine from the starter through too dessert. A real gem in the city of Liverpool's crown of great places to visit for a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCEPTIONAL SERVICEBUDDYBOYDined on 31/1/2014Once again a great night was had by all - The Service, food, surroundings were all excellent. My 15 year old and 13 year old absolutely love this restaurant. The Lamb is an amazing meal. The shared platter for starter was a huge succcess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionevertonDined on 5/12/2013Great restaurant. Service first class and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Good food as ever. The wineScrummagerDined on 2/12/2013Good food as ever. The wine list could do with an update.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't even notice thathitman77Dined on 29/11/2013We didn't even notice that there was a delay on out food - perhaps the drinks were flowing too easily. However the floor manager apologised and gave us a free round of drinks. Great food and ambiance just allows good conversation to flowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is best forHOLIDAY1Dined on 14/11/2013This restaurant is best for hen parties and noisy nights out. The layout is not good for pleasant evenings out for the older generation, and by that I mean it is so noisy that having a general conversation is impossible especially when we get the rendition of the loudest "Happy Birthday" you have ever heard!!!
- The following 59 reviews are from the Piccolino Liverpool reviews archive.
- Immense ItalianLMLeedsDined on 24/9/2013Visited last week as was staying in the city with work colleagues. We had a booth which was great and the service was good. Food was all delicious, only comment was that ordered the daily specials soup as a starter but rissotto was delievered, we didnt say anything as we were on a time schedule. Rissotto was also delicious which was handy. This might have been as we had a loud group behind the waiter so hard to hear us. Special mentions to the aubergine Penne for main and also the Tiramisu. Would definately recommend this restaurant and will definately be back.Special Features:
- No nonsense italian food atWebmartinDined on 30/8/2013No nonsense italian food at a affordable value. The sideorders had great taste, and the main courses was excellent. The service was very good, especially as we were "a noisy company".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestBeckilouDined on 16/8/2013I have been here several times and was excited to come again.... However things were not great. We arrived and were placed upstairs... On our own on a tiny table and could hardly move. Next thing a buzzing fly would not leave us alone. The starter came which was asparagus however the portions had gone smaller and the egg was freezing and the white was sloppy. The mozorella and tomato was lovely though. Spaghetti carbonara by boyfriend had was quite bland. The service was good and quick. This was not my best experience hereSpecial Features:
- Table ready for time bookedBexterDined on 29/6/2013Table ready for time booked and service was very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Food was delicious and plenty of it. Restaurant slightly crowded as felt tables very close together but would Recommend to friend of family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle surprise beautiful surpriseBond007Dined on 11/6/2013Je recommande fortement et essayer la lasagne vraiment superbe. Belle ambiance sympathique . I recommanded faste the Lasagna superbe all the plate is good and the staff is very frendly good value for the price. Bon repas jean Québec CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHengalsDined on 17/5/2013I went here for a Hen Night last Friday, it was a great place to start off the night. Pasta was fab, the service was great, and the staff really friendly. A perfect place for a bit of pasta.Special Features:
- Super finale for Ladies Daylousarge13Dined on 5/4/2013We ate at Piccolino as an ending to Ladies Day at Aintree and we couldn't have picked a better ending. As you would imagine the restaurant was extremely busy but this did not affect the standard of the food or service. Outstanding as always.Special Features:
- excellent manager, brilliant servicvixsterDined on 4/4/2013We visited Piccolinos on Thursday 4th April, the place was really busy and had a good atmosphere, the food choice was great and our starter fab, when the main came the steak was cold for 2 of the 4 meals, the manager dealt with this really quickly and well and i think was just one of those things, we would def revisit and would recomment the restaurant to anyone visiting the area, the prices are at the top end for what is served but there is an excellent choice and the staff are really greatSpecial Features:
- Had dinner here, food veryballbearingsDined on 18/3/2013Had dinner here, food very good. music was invasively loud when we sat down, asked waiter to reduce the volume, he immediately obliged and with good grace. Would reccommend. Of the 4 restaurants we tried ( the others were panorama 34, Alma de cuba, &The french bistro on Hanover St,) this overall came out second)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers dayLynsDined on 10/3/2013I booked piccolinos for mothers day based upon reviews and i can say im really pleased i did. From the moment we stepped in we were made to feel welcome. Nice touch of taking coats, prompt and efficient service. We were not rushed and we were not left too long between orders it was just right. Staff really pleasant and professional and the food was delicious and i cannot fault the price. My mum loved it too. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked for 9 pm arrived atTilerDined on 2/2/2013Booked for 9 pm arrived at 8.45 . Hostess laughed when we said we had booked with top table like we had done something daft ! We were then not seated at our table til 10 pm a full hour wait ! Food was great and the rest of the service very good just disappointed with long wait .Special Features:
- Family Xmas LunchJohnDined on 28/12/2012The food was Ok but the service was quite disappointing with long delays between courses and they couldn''t cope with providing a small plare for a three year old. So, overallnot very good value..
- Nice Restaurant with a lotKrisDined on 4/12/2012Nice Restaurant with a lot to choose from on the menu. Suitable to meet up for drinks, food and socialising in a leisure or business context.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Vixter1984Dined on 10/11/2012We visited Piccolinos for my birthday cannot fault anything, such friendly service, food was perfect. We would recommend the steak. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delight!ToniDined on 1/9/2012Great Italian food. We went on a Saturday night, and the restaurant was buzzing. Excellent efficient service.Special Features:
- lovely food as usualbjamminDined on 28/7/2012We love Piccolino's and have been to the Liverpool branch many times. The food is lovely and the specials are always something different! I would highly recommend the butternut squash raviolli! There were a few large groups in there which made it quite noisy but plenty of space to be sat away from them if required. We will be going back but maybe not in peak time on a saturday night (to avoid the noise :D) Would recommend to a friend as a great italianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutwbahoppoDined on 28/7/2012We arrived at around 8.30 pm on a Saturday night and the place was buzzing. After a little confusion with our TopTable booking we were seated near the bar. The food was as good as ever and so was the wine. A very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolino in Liverpool, lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 17/2/2012Piccolino in Liverpool, lovely atmosphere, friendly but efficient staff, fantastic food = 5 very satisfied customers!
- The restaurant is a favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/2/2012The restaurant is a favourite of mine the food is always top notch. No thanks to open table as when I arrived at the restaurant I didn't have a reservation.
- went to piccolino in liverpoolOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2012went to piccolino in liverpool on friday , have to say we where very impressed,thoroughly enjoyed it all, loved the complimentary bruschetta with our prossecco , plus our bread and olives before our meal, small details but make the difference, the manager noticed our table was wobbling before we did , and set to right away to fix it, very attentive throughout, wish we lived nearby as it would be a regular restaurant for us . thought i was back in italy not liverpool with all the italian waiters
- staff where very helpful considerinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2012staff where very helpful considering they had no record of the booking!!!
- Piccolino liverpool Not theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/1/2012Piccolino liverpool Not the usual standard i expect from this chain! Sat in a nice window seat upstairs after refusing table downstairs as my partner would have been sitiing closer to a stranger than me! Had to then fight for attention for service and my whole sea bass appeare as filets!
- Great food, poor organisation.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012Booked a party of 4 at 7.45 and arrived promptly on time. We were told there was no record of our booking, we provided them with the confirmation e-mail to which they just looked at us confused & asked us to have a drink at the bar. We watched as group after group of people came in after us and were instantly sat at their table or asked to have a drink and were then still sat down before us. After an hour we were sat down at a make shift bar table without even an apology. It wasn't till one of our party complained that we were offered an apology. The general staff working there were very friendly and helpful and the food was great. However the same can't be said for the general management and organisation. Wanted the table for 7.45 not 8.45Special Features: