8 Clarence Street
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.individualrestaurants.com/piccolino/manchester/
- Phone: 01618359860
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday: 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 11:00AM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Wine
A word from Piccolino Manchester
Located on Clarence Street, Piccolino is a little Italian gem in the heart of Manchester. The restaurant offers a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes prepared in an open kitchen in full view of diners. Our dishes are rustic, simple and delicious and are created using the best, freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolino Manchester reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since 3 June 2014
group bookings (14)special occasions (13)romance (12)fit for foodies (12)business meals (11)pre/post theatre (9)outstanding value (5)good vegetarian options (4)brunch (4)sunday lunch (3)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- Picco fan2PiccofansDined on 6/9/2014Excellent, quick, efficient and friendly service. Would recommend the lasagne and the tiramisu. They also had a special of poached fruits which the waiter had highly recommended and it really was delicious. If we hadn't been in a hurry to get to the theatre I would definitely have had another as it was so scrummy. Getting to the toilet is a little difficult as it is down a spiral staircase. There are quite a few steps into the building as well as inside with narrow passage ways. Not really suitable for wheelchair access. There are quite a few Piccolinos in the area. The Chester branch is very accessible so that when it does become difficult for me to get about we can go there to enjoy the excellent food & the amazing Sunday roast.Special Features:
- 13/8/2014 HoneymoonshareandsaveDined on 13/8/2014The staff were amazingly attentive. We didnt have to pour a drink all night. Whenever a glass was needed to be topped up. Our waiter was there. The food was beautiful. Portion sizes just right. An amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJamieFromNorwichDined on 4/8/2014Had the crab ravioli which was outstanding. Brilliant service and great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sicilian serviceMrsBHeswallDined on 25/7/2014Convenient for meter parking in a City Centre with a 2 hr meter only 200 metres away. Like the variety of menu with the £10 lunch and the a la carte. Lovely crab salad for me and tuna salad for my guest. Attentive service, very efficient from reception to the coffees and the bill. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2DinealotDined on 21/6/2014We were very disappointed with the main course of fish skewers which had only small pieces of fish with lots of tomatoes and they had substituted the sword fish with tuna not value for moneySpecial Features:
- Nice food but......FlouDined on 21/6/2014Food was gorgeous but we had a bottle of wine and a drink extra added to our bill! Found it too noisey also.
- Cheering up a business trip.....CochynVIPDined on 8/4/2014We'd had a hard day - well, a hard week in fact - on the road, running meetings, getting trains, and staying in a succession of chain hotels......... I've now earned a medal from my colleagues, for turning the assignment into a 'Piccolino tour'. Liverpool had been lovely, Manchester was marvellous, and [later] York was....yummy! The menu is full of choice & the wine list, well considered. Staff are really excellent. The portions were a bit on the huge side - fine by me, as I don't often go for desserts - but there was no skimping on quality. Crab linguine was full of flavour, & I hear the carbonara was fantastic. Guess how we're planning the next business trip.....................? !Special Features:
- Awful ServicePaulisboredDined on 30/3/2014Made a booking via toptable, only for the restaurant to call and cancel it the day before, with no explanation.
- amazing!!!!!foodiesrusDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I booked dinner on a Saturday evening at 6.30pm. It was already rammed full. We got a drink at the bar, great for people watching. The atmosphere is electric, with italian waiters and waitresses flying around and smells from the open kitchen, you just knew you were in for a special evening. The food was to die for. The wine list extensive and reasonably priced for a city centre restaurant. The service was second to none. The evening overall was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!RayeshepDined on 8/3/2014Service was simply outstanding, as well as fast, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food was impeccable, and although could be seen as price-y, well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazing foodJamieFromNorwichDined on 3/2/2014Never had anything other than amazing food and service here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry Potters Dining RoomKcmrVIPDined on 18/1/2014Food was outstanding and lots of choice, prawn starter was absolutely gorgeous! Was thinking about it for days after!! Could not fault the food or service at all. Did not like the way the restaurant was set out, lots of large loud parties of people so would definitely not recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or a romantic meal. We were sat very close to the next table and the walkway was very narrow so my chair kept being knocked which was quite annoying. While waiting for our table we had nowhere to sit and wait so was stood at a busy bar. We visited on a Saturday night so I would recommend visiting on another night when it is less busy and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but niceDan1981ukDined on 17/1/2014Food was top class. restaurant was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italianheidib82Dined on 4/12/2013Great Italian food. Simple, but with the best ingredients & done to perfection. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Gorgeous looking restaurant, decorated with style. Service was also excellent, friendly, but efficient. Brilliant restaurant - eat here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappointsToptablerDined on 27/10/2013Enjoyed a delicious meal to celebrate my birthday, Food was excellent with a good varied menu. I would recommend Piccolino to anyone - it isn't cheap but it is value for money, the best ingredients cooked to perfection. Lovely cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, personable staff!iMarnDined on 11/10/2013Starter: king prawn on biscotti, divine. Main: Spaghetti meatballs, perfect. My gf had the mussels starter and carbonara for mains. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Piccolino Manchester reviews archive.
- Good, solid ItalianProsperoVIPDined on 30/9/2013Always enjoy the Piccolino restaurants and Manchester is one of my favourites. A vibrant restaurant with good food, friendly service and a nice atmosphere. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchesKMJMVIPDined on 30/9/2013We booked a table here two days running. Great service and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with the girlsTSimpsonDined on 30/8/2013Perfect way to start a lovely hen do. Lovely lunch in nice surroundingsSpecial Features:
- The food and service was veryLONGWELLDined on 3/8/2013The food and service was very good. Only little dissapointment was the bar area and the fact that there was no where to stand whilst waiting for a table.Special Features:
- Good food but a bit disappointingCouldBeHappierDined on 26/7/2013The only reason I was disappointed with the restaurant is that I am a regular at the Piccolinos in West Didsbury because the food is fab, atmosphere is great, staff is friendly and professional and the interior is very charming and inviting. It does not feel like a 'chain restaurant'. Piccolinos in Manchester, however, ticks all of these boxes except atmosphere and interior - it feels like a canteen or an airport restaurant! Food was good as always and staff very friendly but I will not be venturing out from our regular in Didsbury...
- Good Italian in Central ManchesterTravelmanDined on 17/6/2013I have taken tables for four to eight persons on several occasions and we are always entirely happy. The place is lively, the food fresh and the service friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post run feastFood2LustDined on 26/5/2013Great food and service which was much needed after doing Manchester 10k. Despite being in our running gear, we were placed in Window. Lovely spot. Place was lively, parties and couples. Waiter was very personable. Have visited many times before and yet again, encouraged to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmosphere!tonesssxDined on 5/5/2013Amazing food, fantastic quality and great atmosphere, what more do you want? Definiately recommend it! Waiters are lovely and attentitive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a lovely meal. The staffLove1foodDined on 27/2/2013Was a lovely meal. The staff in particular were fantastic, attentive, funny and helpful. Would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Valentines DayBillyDined on 14/2/2013I took my girlfriend to Piccolino's for valentines day and as it is one of the busiest days of the year for many restaurants, you accept it being full. The menu is very good with a lovely variety and the quality of the food is excellent.... Both starters were large portions that arrived quickly if you account for the busyness. The mains were again large portions but it was also delicious. It was a bit noisy and a little cramped but as i said it is a busy night of the year so i accept that as a given unless i pay a lot of money for my meal. It was not very expensive, 2 starters and 2 mains with 4 alcoholic drinks was about £60 plus tip. I will very likely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointed ....TraceyDined on 26/1/2013Food was very average and portion size extremely small for the cost. I selected a fish dish which was very sparse. I had to order vegetables as a side order (as the fish was served on its own). My partner orderd the sirloin... again very sparse portion (also it was burnt). Service was attentive but sadly the food wasn't up to par. Lastly our table for two was near a corner door where the coats were kept. Staff were constantly going in and out of this which was very drafty when being opened and closed, and irritating with people passing the whole time. We were looking forward to this particular evening as it was a birthday celebration, but sadly the food was no were near as expected.
- Nice ItalianProsperoVIPDined on 25/1/2013Enjoyed dinner at Piccolino. Good ribollito and excellent main courses. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service appallingcmh1974Dined on 5/1/2013No problem with the food and waiters at our table were very good. However service overall was terrible. Made a 8.45pm booking for 2 people and arrived promptly. Was asked to wait at bar until our table was ready. Was still waiting at 9.15pm when we had to ask what was happening. Was finally seated approx 5 mins after that and ordered our food. Starters arrived at 10.15pm. By the time our mains arrived we were just hungry and ate the food without really enjoying/savouring it. Food was nice but this service was terrible. No-one even apologised or acknowledged our waiting time.
- Wows factorFood2excellentDined on 5/1/2013This was my first time so for me first impressions count on entering the restaurant I was greeted with my partner who as already been on business dinners we was then shown to our seats my thoughts at that moment was it was cramp to many tables then I thought this a great very friendly cosy and lively it made me feel relaxed. The meal was fantastic the service impeccable outstanding and would be going back very very soon Keep up the great work guys can't fault anything even the visit to the ladies was interesting good idea unsex toilets haha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentangieDined on 29/12/2012great service, food, atmosphere would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceChimayDined on 26/12/2012Dined here on Boing Day for lunch before going to the theatre, with 3 adults and a 5 year old. Nothing was to much trouble, service was attentive, food was very good and they were great with my 5 year old son. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- ExcellentTracyDined on 25/11/2012Restaurant was very busy (Sunday afternoon) and there were a few groups in but the service was still excellent. We arrived on time and were asked if we would like to have a drink at the bar or go straight to our table. We chose to go straight to our table. We were given plenty of time to review the menu which was needed as there was so much choice. When the food arrived it was excellent. I had the Sunday roast which was served on a cast iron plate and my daughter had the duck which she loved. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It would suit all ages and caters for children as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food in city centreBobWDined on 31/10/2012Lovely ambience, good food not expensive. Wine list adequate and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb evening loved itMidas04Dined on 10/10/2012Took my girlfriend here on Wednesday 10th October, had a fantastic evening Food was top notch service fantastic great atmosphere Great way to enjoy the evening before proposing to my partner Lucky for me she said yes!!!!!! A night to remember and an evening to reminisce In the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as EverljnuttallDined on 18/9/2012I have lost count the number of times I have eaten in Piccolino now. The food is always excellent with a varied menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTony2569Dined on 4/8/2012My wife & I attended for the second time, we both really enjoy this restaurant. The food is excellent and the ambiance is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Great place to spend an eveningTony2569Dined on 26/5/2012My wife and I attended the restaurant on a Saturday evening, we were both very impressed with the feel of of the restaurant and the food qualitity. We enjoyed a great evening at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- Picollino's, 9 Clarence Street,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012Picollino's, 9 Clarence Street, Deansgate, Manchester... Absolutely fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Top notch 5 out of 5 stars
- We recently visited PiccolinoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 30/4/2012We recently visited Piccolino - Manchester as a party of four for a pre theatre dinner. We all found the restaurant to be very smart, clean and the service very slick. The menu was comprehensive if not a little overpriced but all our dishes from the Veal chop to the pasta were very good. For a Monday evening the place was busy which added to the atmosphere. We would certainly go again.