5 Dean Street
London, W1D 3RQNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierrevictoire.com/london/restaurant/index.asp
- Phone: 020 7287 4582
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 23pm
Thursday - Saturday:12pm - 23:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 23pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Pierre Victoire
Tucked away down Dean Street amongst the hustle and the hipsters is the Pierre Victoire, one of Soho’s favourite dining institutions. This little haunt has been serving up rustic French cuisine to loyal regulars for over a decade, and this is still one of London’s favourite places for date nights and cosy pre-theatre meals. Part Provencal, part Art Nouveau, the dining room at Pierre Victoire is decorated with whitewashed walls, chalkboard menus, a vintage piano, eclectic artworks, untreated wooden floorboards and wine bottles stuffed with drippy candles, and the wholesome home-style cuisine and moreish wine is all delightfully affordable. With a steak-centric menu, Pierre Victoire also serves tasty omelettes, creative salads and plenty of seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pierre Victoire reviews from OpenTable diners
429 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (252)outstanding value (182)romance (146)fit for foodies (131)group bookings (102)special occasions (94)good vegetarian options (53)business meals (47)sunday lunch (41)brunch (29)child friendly (13)outdoor eating (10)afternoon tea (5)disabled access (4)Show More
- Food good, but service a little disappointingArmy1966Dined on 15/11/2014We were seated in the downstairs room (no windows) which was quite small a noisy. We had three children with us and whilst they did not have a childrens menu the waitress agreed to do 2 plain bowls of pasta with some pamarsan cheese. The food all arrived and was very good. However when the bill arrived, the pasta was charged a £13 per plate which we felt was somewhat expensive. There was also and "optional service charge" of 12.5% included in total. We asked for the pasta charges to be reduced and whilst the waitress was somewhat surprised by our request she eventually referred this to management who kindly only charged for one dish. The service charge remained on the bill which we eventually had taken off as we said we preferred to pay separately - not optional if you have to pay it! So in summary, ask to sit upstairs, food was excellent but service was dissappointing. A smile goes a long way.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodjunkieDined on 14/11/2014I live in London and work in the Soho area, I frequently eat out and PV is one of the best places to eat for overall experience. I probably dine there minimum of once a week it is that good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeLionKingDined on 12/11/2014Pierre Victoire was fantastic. The food was sublime...the best I've had this year and everyone at my table was equally impressed. The early menu is astonishingly good value. I love the candles and the ambience was perfect for me. Shall return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday nightSarahWDined on 8/11/2014The food was very nice, and quite reasonable (approx £32 each for 3 courses, including wine). Service was quite slow and they weren't particularly attentive. That's understandable though as the place was packed. Upstairs was so full you could hardly move. We had booked a table for 6, and luckily we ended up with only 5 of us because one chair was a stool which 2 people were supposed to sit on. Our table downstairs was in a corner next to a table of 7 who were really noisy. On the whole i'd recommend it as a the food was good, but only for a not-so-special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TripOutofTownersDined on 6/11/2014We always try to visit Pierre Victoire everytime we are in London, and it never fails to please. Great little bistro, always busy, food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceWAWDDined on 5/11/2014We booked a week in advance for a birthday and the table we were given was next to the front door which would constantly bang against the table. The women serving decided there was no other tables and it was only until another waitress came over did we get the offer of sitting in a whole new seated area which was empty...downstairs. Throughout the night the chefs kept leaving the back door open to smoke, causing a cold breeze through the room and when the food eventually came, even though the kitchen was a mere 4ft away... each course came cold. After sending back the food, it returned no differnt than it came and there was no follow up from any staff or apology. This is our first visit and frankly our last.
- HappyHappyDined on 1/11/2014We introduced friends to Pierre Victoire and it lived up to our recommendations, as we knew it would. I was disappointed neither the shredded lamb shank nor the pig's cheek were on the menu but the duck was equally as good. Steak tartare good as ever! Atmosphere very buzzy, service attentive but not intrusive, excellent evening again. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Catch Up w/Friend DinneryumyumDined on 30/10/2014Was really nice. The staff were attentive and the food was delicious. Simple, easy, friendly, good value.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualSusparkleDined on 30/10/2014We always try to eat at this restaurant whenever we visit london. We have been using this and other branches (sadly now mostly gone) for many years and it never disappoints. Great food, always a good and interesting selection, excellent price, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great host and good foodFoodieDined on 29/10/2014Went to Pierre Victoire with a groups of friends (there were 6 of us) and received great service. Although the restaurant was quite busy, staff were attentive and helpful, even went to get a bottle of dessert wine from the sister restaurant as they'd run out. All of us ordered steak (bavette and sirloin I think ) which was delicious and the puddings were nice too. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysNK11Dined on 25/10/2014Pierre Victoire never disappoints. Food and service of a very high standard and good value for central London.Special Features:
- Nice food at good priceSus77Dined on 25/10/2014I went to the Victoire a few times. The quality-price value is really good. The staff is friendly in spite of being a busy resturant. Good location to go out for a drinks after in Soho. Good for both fish and meat.Special Features:
- Excellent French food for groupsToucanDined on 25/10/2014Delicious food, lovely ambience, seems like a rustic old restaurant with low ceilings, very nice homely feel to it! It can get a bit loud but this didn't bother us as we were a large group. Maybe not so great if you want some intimacy and quiet for a romantic meal. Food was absolutely delicious, watch out for their prawns wrapped in bacon (so juicy they almost seem like lobster!) and their steamed mussels (the sauce was delicious). Also very very good: their steak with Roquefort sauce, juicy, tasty and the sauce does not overpower the steak! We had a three course meal for around £30 per person, which is pretty fair when you consider the great quality and fair food portions! If you are a group and love French food: TRY IT!Special Features:
- Another great nightAlunDined on 25/10/2014We're never disappointed when we go to Pierre Victoire... the service is great, staff are friendly, and they're really accommodating. We had someone with us who required a gluten-free and dairy-free meal and they catered exquisitely! Delicious food, which is not overpriced... and neither is the wine. Some great whisky to follow the meal too. What we also love about this restaurant is that they don't rush you or overcrowd you...Special Features:
- Suzi SeniorSESLondonDiningDined on 18/10/2014Outstanding food only spoiled by the surliness of the staff and the attempt to overcharge us by one cover! Would reccomend as the food was so good but check your bill carefully!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fastPaulglas2000Dined on 18/10/2014Had a pre theatre meal. Felt a bit hurried but I'd rather that than be sat waiting. Great food. Didn't like the table we were given, right on an aisle which meant constant bustling past us. I usually tip better but if you add an amount to the bill for me that's all you'll get, discretionary or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsSundayLuncherDined on 17/10/2014We were a party of 8 and they could comfortably accommodate us. Really good French home cooking and very reasonably priced for central London.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysgeorge7717Dined on 15/10/2014Their set menu before 7 Mon-Wednesday is really very good value. The mussels were outstanding as always!Special Features:
- Lively Saturday nightChrisDined on 11/10/2014Saturday night at Pierre Victoire was lively and buzzy. The ambience was lovely and we loved the decor - just perfect for a meal for 4 of us. Despite the full restaurant, the waitress was attentive and I was very surprised to read a previous review saying how bad the service was. That was definitely not the case for us! The food was really good - each of us enjoyed our choices - steak - each one cooked as requested, and a lovely fish dish, with a squid sauce. I would definitely recommend it for a lively, buzzy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewVIPDined on 9/10/2014This place is great value if you make it for the set menu times. Otherwise its fair. Don't come here for a romantic meal unless you ask for a table downstairs otherwise its way to busy, noisy, squashed and a litte stressful upstairs...
- Perfectluv2eatDined on 9/10/2014Had a lovely pre-theatre dinner on a very wet Thursday. I had the moules and frites as the main course which was delicious. A mixed group of clientele and the restaurant although quite small had a lovely bustly ambience. Would definately go again. We had pre-booked a window table which was lovely and although busy we did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre meal.FoodisfunDined on 9/10/2014We arrived at 5.30 just before it started to get busy. We had a lovely choice of authentically French starters and a tasty main course, all beautifully cooked. The meal was part of a set menu at a very good price. The restaurant is like a Parisian brasserie , not over smart , but with a good ambiance. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in SohoStinky84Dined on 5/10/2014We took advantage of the set dinner menu of 3 courses for £14.90 which was good value for Soho. There were 5 of us and everyone enjoyed what they chose, I had steamed garlic mussels to start, osso buco for main and amaretto tiramisu for desert which were all tasty. Others had beetroot and ricotta tortellini or grilled mussels to start, grilled sea bream and stuffed pancake mains and affogato with espresso and amaretto for desert. With 3 bottles of wine and a few bottles of water the bill was just under £160 which we thought reasonable. Will definitely visit again next time we're in London.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining Experience...yumyumDined on 26/9/2014We were a group of eight with one vegan/gluten free guest. The food and service was excellent with the chef coming out to make special off menu recommendations for our vegan guest. We had a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Great food & place BUTDavidDined on 25/9/2014Food at this restaurant is very tasty and well presented, the restaurant has a nice ambiance to it too. The only hesitation that I would have about returning here is that the service left something to be desired, for example when bringing our food they simply put it in front of us on the table, and when we had finished they just took the plates from us without any words or checking everything was fine. I would recommend this for the food as long as you can put aside the service levels.Special Features:
- WineloverDined on 24/9/2014We went there with a friend recommendation. Very well located near the theatres. Nice typical French type bistro. Service was a bit nonchalant but okSpecial Features:
- Bitter, wouldn't go back.dutchmunchDined on 22/9/2014Just like the wine served, the staff was fairly bitter. It might have been due to experiences earlier that day, but it shouldn't affect guests at night. Mono-syllabic answers reigned the evening. Luckily there was a pianist later in the evening setting a good atmosphere. The food was alright, not something that really stands out, which is a terrible shame since the French kitchen can be fantastic. It seems good value at first, but taking in account competitor restaurants with the same concept offer better quality and somewhat happier treatment.
- Good food, no nonsenseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Pierre Victoire is a nice no nonsense restaurant that serves good quality food at good prices. The Australian sourced meat seems to be their trump card...beautiful . Everything on the food looks good, the staff are friendly and attentive. Hidden away on a side road of Oxford Street you feel relaxed and comfortable and the atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:
- Always fantasticLionKingDined on 18/9/2014I love everything about Pierre Victoire and shall return again and again.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningAnonymousDined on 17/9/2014As usual, Pierre Victoire has good food which is reasonably priced. However sometimes it is extremely noisy. In this instance, it was so noisy we had to eat outside - thankfully the weather allowed for it. Service was very friendly
- Mid-week- evening mealxchrisDined on 10/9/2014Loved the place and the pianist was very accomplished. Good food and good wine. If you are with good company -you have the magic formula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, will definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2014Delicious food amd excellent ambience, nice buzz and the pianist was the perfect touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for DohoSavorsusanDined on 6/9/2014As are first experience dining in London after seeing Wicked ( which was okay). The reataurant venue could be a little dressier. Seemed a little unkept. Food okay but not memorable. There is construction outside which takes away from the ambience. Very quiet but we ate around 18:00. Not the real crowd yet but they were coming in. I 'd seeit it as a great neighborhood spot but not worth traveling half way around the world for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LITTLE BIT OF PARIS IN LONDONCurrymuncherDined on 4/9/2014This is a lovely little cafe, the food is well priced and good. A great place for a business lunch or to take that someone special for dinner. The only downside was the piano, although lovely, was very loud. It did make having a conversation difficult at times.Special Features:
- Great to revisit this charming spotDagglingtonDined on 1/9/2014I brought my now wife here on our first date 12 yrs ago and so thought it would be nice to bring her back on our anniversary. It was just the same as it was all those years ago, charming, intimate and very friendly. The pianist is great (still the same guy) and adds a nice touch to the evening. The food was excellent, well cooked and special without being over fussy. The wine list was good with something for all budgets. The staff were attentive and kind. Overall I will definitely be coming back again and next time it won't take me 12 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningAliwill1Dined on 30/8/2014This is a great individual resterunt. The sevice was fab the waiter was very friendly and helpful. The food was presented and cooked to perfection. The resterunt was a fun fill ambiance. 10/10 Looking forward to going againSpecial Features:
- Good food but too noisyrhysDined on 30/8/2014Small space but they had too many tables so the noise level was high especially when there were groups of drunk people. Asked to move to another table but was declined and not even told more tables were available downstairs. Not good service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantribakVIPDined on 30/8/2014Really good French food, great value, great atmosphere and location. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLoveLondonDined on 29/8/2014Love this restaurant I always go there when in London. I find a lot of restaurants in Soho cold in atmosphere where as Pierre's is really warm and friendly. Food is great and the staff are really nice its also good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuRDPMDined on 29/8/2014A good menu with classics and some refreshing new dishes too. Really recommend their set menu - especially at lunch time if you're around then. Very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features: