5 Dean Street
London, W1D 3RQNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierrevictoire.com/london/restaurant/index.asp
- Phone: 02072874582
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 23pm
Thursday - Saturday:12pm - 23:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 23pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Pierre Victoire
Tucked away down Dean Street amongst the hustle and the hipsters is the Pierre Victoire, one of Soho’s favourite dining institutions. This little haunt has been serving up rustic French cuisine to loyal regulars for over a decade, and this is still one of London’s favourite places for date nights and cosy pre-theatre meals. Part Provencal, part Art Nouveau, the dining room at Pierre Victoire is decorated with whitewashed walls, chalkboard menus, a vintage piano, eclectic artworks, untreated wooden floorboards and wine bottles stuffed with drippy candles, and the wholesome home-style cuisine and moreish wine is all delightfully affordable. With a steak-centric menu, Pierre Victoire also serves tasty omelettes, creative salads and plenty of seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
Pierre Victoire - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Pierre Victoire reviews from OpenTable diners
444 reviews since 23 October 2013
pre/post theatre (255)outstanding value (185)romance (154)fit for foodies (141)group bookings (109)special occasions (108)good vegetarian options (61)business meals (50)sunday lunch (42)brunch (31)child friendly (13)outdoor eating (7)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Great food and fastPaulglas2000Dined on 18/10/2014Had a pre theatre meal. Felt a bit hurried but I'd rather that than be sat waiting. Great food. Didn't like the table we were given, right on an aisle which meant constant bustling past us. I usually tip better but if you add an amount to the bill for me that's all you'll get, discretionary or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzi SeniorSESLondonDiningDined on 18/10/2014Outstanding food only spoiled by the surliness of the staff and the attempt to overcharge us by one cover! Would reccomend as the food was so good but check your bill carefully!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsSundayLuncherDined on 17/10/2014We were a party of 8 and they could comfortably accommodate us. Really good French home cooking and very reasonably priced for central London.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysgeorge7717Dined on 15/10/2014Their set menu before 7 Mon-Wednesday is really very good value. The mussels were outstanding as always!Special Features:
- Lively Saturday nightChrisDined on 11/10/2014Saturday night at Pierre Victoire was lively and buzzy. The ambience was lovely and we loved the decor - just perfect for a meal for 4 of us. Despite the full restaurant, the waitress was attentive and I was very surprised to read a previous review saying how bad the service was. That was definitely not the case for us! The food was really good - each of us enjoyed our choices - steak - each one cooked as requested, and a lovely fish dish, with a squid sauce. I would definitely recommend it for a lively, buzzy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewVIPDined on 9/10/2014This place is great value if you make it for the set menu times. Otherwise its fair. Don't come here for a romantic meal unless you ask for a table downstairs otherwise its way to busy, noisy, squashed and a litte stressful upstairs...
- Perfectluv2eatDined on 9/10/2014Had a lovely pre-theatre dinner on a very wet Thursday. I had the moules and frites as the main course which was delicious. A mixed group of clientele and the restaurant although quite small had a lovely bustly ambience. Would definately go again. We had pre-booked a window table which was lovely and although busy we did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre meal.FoodisfunDined on 9/10/2014We arrived at 5.30 just before it started to get busy. We had a lovely choice of authentically French starters and a tasty main course, all beautifully cooked. The meal was part of a set menu at a very good price. The restaurant is like a Parisian brasserie , not over smart , but with a good ambiance. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in SohoStinky84Dined on 5/10/2014We took advantage of the set dinner menu of 3 courses for £14.90 which was good value for Soho. There were 5 of us and everyone enjoyed what they chose, I had steamed garlic mussels to start, osso buco for main and amaretto tiramisu for desert which were all tasty. Others had beetroot and ricotta tortellini or grilled mussels to start, grilled sea bream and stuffed pancake mains and affogato with espresso and amaretto for desert. With 3 bottles of wine and a few bottles of water the bill was just under £160 which we thought reasonable. Will definitely visit again next time we're in London.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining Experience...yumyumDined on 26/9/2014We were a group of eight with one vegan/gluten free guest. The food and service was excellent with the chef coming out to make special off menu recommendations for our vegan guest. We had a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Great food & place BUTDavidDined on 25/9/2014Food at this restaurant is very tasty and well presented, the restaurant has a nice ambiance to it too. The only hesitation that I would have about returning here is that the service left something to be desired, for example when bringing our food they simply put it in front of us on the table, and when we had finished they just took the plates from us without any words or checking everything was fine. I would recommend this for the food as long as you can put aside the service levels.Special Features:
- WineloverDined on 24/9/2014We went there with a friend recommendation. Very well located near the theatres. Nice typical French type bistro. Service was a bit nonchalant but okSpecial Features:
- Bitter, wouldn't go back.dutchmunchDined on 22/9/2014Just like the wine served, the staff was fairly bitter. It might have been due to experiences earlier that day, but it shouldn't affect guests at night. Mono-syllabic answers reigned the evening. Luckily there was a pianist later in the evening setting a good atmosphere. The food was alright, not something that really stands out, which is a terrible shame since the French kitchen can be fantastic. It seems good value at first, but taking in account competitor restaurants with the same concept offer better quality and somewhat happier treatment.
- Good food, no nonsenseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Pierre Victoire is a nice no nonsense restaurant that serves good quality food at good prices. The Australian sourced meat seems to be their trump card...beautiful . Everything on the food looks good, the staff are friendly and attentive. Hidden away on a side road of Oxford Street you feel relaxed and comfortable and the atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:
- Always fantasticLionKingDined on 18/9/2014I love everything about Pierre Victoire and shall return again and again.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningAnonymousDined on 17/9/2014As usual, Pierre Victoire has good food which is reasonably priced. However sometimes it is extremely noisy. In this instance, it was so noisy we had to eat outside - thankfully the weather allowed for it. Service was very friendly
- Mid-week- evening mealxchrisDined on 10/9/2014Loved the place and the pianist was very accomplished. Good food and good wine. If you are with good company -you have the magic formula.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, will definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2014Delicious food amd excellent ambience, nice buzz and the pianist was the perfect touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for DohoSavorsusanDined on 6/9/2014As are first experience dining in London after seeing Wicked ( which was okay). The reataurant venue could be a little dressier. Seemed a little unkept. Food okay but not memorable. There is construction outside which takes away from the ambience. Very quiet but we ate around 18:00. Not the real crowd yet but they were coming in. I 'd seeit it as a great neighborhood spot but not worth traveling half way around the world for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A LITTLE BIT OF PARIS IN LONDONCurrymuncherDined on 4/9/2014This is a lovely little cafe, the food is well priced and good. A great place for a business lunch or to take that someone special for dinner. The only downside was the piano, although lovely, was very loud. It did make having a conversation difficult at times.Special Features:
- Great to revisit this charming spotDagglingtonDined on 1/9/2014I brought my now wife here on our first date 12 yrs ago and so thought it would be nice to bring her back on our anniversary. It was just the same as it was all those years ago, charming, intimate and very friendly. The pianist is great (still the same guy) and adds a nice touch to the evening. The food was excellent, well cooked and special without being over fussy. The wine list was good with something for all budgets. The staff were attentive and kind. Overall I will definitely be coming back again and next time it won't take me 12 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningAliwill1Dined on 30/8/2014This is a great individual resterunt. The sevice was fab the waiter was very friendly and helpful. The food was presented and cooked to perfection. The resterunt was a fun fill ambiance. 10/10 Looking forward to going againSpecial Features:
- Good food but too noisyrhysDined on 30/8/2014Small space but they had too many tables so the noise level was high especially when there were groups of drunk people. Asked to move to another table but was declined and not even told more tables were available downstairs. Not good service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantribakVIPDined on 30/8/2014Really good French food, great value, great atmosphere and location. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLoveLondonDined on 29/8/2014Love this restaurant I always go there when in London. I find a lot of restaurants in Soho cold in atmosphere where as Pierre's is really warm and friendly. Food is great and the staff are really nice its also good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, a bit too noisyChrisDined on 28/8/2014A place to go if you look for affordable and good quality food. The place is a nice bistro, food is rustic French, good quality and very tasty ( a bit too much butter for my personal taste) The only thing I didnt enjoy was that it smells to much of food(maybe not good extraction) and as I was beside the piano it was a bit too noisy but would be good if you are having a meal with a group of friends.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/8/2014Yet again a very nice experience. We always eat here when in London. Staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. Choice of food excellent. Even my sister who prefers plain food was won over!Special Features:
- Best eveningMarcusDined on 26/8/2014One of the best resturant i ever been to! Deliscious food and beer! Try st mungo beer! Also a man that played piano , very coozy. Perfect for romantic dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedfoodjunkiegirlDined on 24/8/2014So me and my friends wanted to have dinner before going out together and so i looked through opentable to see what good restaurants there was. Pierre victorie came up so i booked a table for 8. The place was quite small, the noise level was really loud espcially with the piano playing wasnt helping. The service the waiters gave us was very blunt and it seemed like they were impatient. The food however was alright and nice. When we got to the bill we all paid our meal and some paid card. We left the restaurant and we got chased down by the manager saying we still owed them £35 which was ridiculous because each of us paid more than what we should have paid and ate. It was literally so embarrassing. We felt very scammed!Special Features:
- KaidenDined on 23/8/2014Great food and very efficient service. A bit noisy, so probably not ideal for a romantice evening but we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food 4 great valueMatsschulzeDined on 21/8/2014This is prabably the best value for money French brasserie in london. Simple but delicious food in chilled ambience. The piano was a bit too loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great great!LionKingDined on 20/8/2014Pierre Victoire was great, as always. The steak tartare was delicious. Ambience is enhanced by candles and piano playing and I shall return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value French foodChilliMDined on 20/8/2014We have visited this restaurant 3 times now and on each occasion the food has been delicious but not expensive, the staff are friendly and cheerful and the atmosphere buzzy. On 2 of these occasions a piano player has just completed a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits and missesRapidDined on 14/8/2014Lovely little place with a Paris-eque feel inside with all the art however it was boiling in there and deafeningly loud. Not ideal for a romantic date or even a conversation easy to hold without shouting. Go when less busy would be my tip. Food came out quickly, tasted great and was priced very affordably. The reason service is low is because after choosing to only give some of the optional 12.5% tip (service was good not great) a waiter who hadn't even waited on us all night said "You haven't paid all the bill". We would have taken all of the tip back had it not been unfair to do so to the other staff who did wait on us and were pleasant. A sour note left on a fairly good night out; I was close to not ticking recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmostpheresaucissonDined on 14/8/2014great atmosphere at Pierre Victoire last week with live piano player adding to the fun. Only trouble though was that as room was packed it was hard to hear! Excellent value set menu and tasty food but would have liked more sauce with the moules. Service ok but could have been a bit more smiley.. Very nice carafe of red wine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- CellacellaDined on 14/8/2014Good menu with well priced food options. Nice ambience slightly spoiled by a noisy family. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good valueLoveFoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014When prices seem to be going up in London Pierre Victoire remains really good value for money and good food. I went there before a music gig as it is well located. Unfortunately it is located right where the CrossRail works are going on so it can be quite crowded in the street outside as there is restricted access. Would recommend to anyone who wants good uncomplicated French food.Special Features:
- French, delicious, poor serviceSpannavisionDined on 10/8/2014The food at Pierre Victoire is absolutely delicious and incredibly French. I'd read a lot of reviews warning to not drink the red wine from the table or order the steak and be prepared for the noise. We loved the noise and atmosphere and stuck by the ordering rules of fellow reviewers. Our food choices were delicious and perfectly French. The pianist in the corner was wonderful. We didn't know about pre 7pm incredible value menu which looks worth eating at unreasonable hours for! We were overdue a catch up so not in a hurry but the service was very poor. It took forever for us to even be offered drinks and when our starters finally came they were offered to the next table. I might go back but pre 7pm and definitely not in a hurry...Special Features:
- Not good enoughlifeofbrianDined on 6/8/2014It was my second visit at Pierre Victoire and it'll be probably my last. Nice selection of dishes and wines but taste is actually average and service mediocre with front of house team clearly understaffed, poor knowledge of the menu (one wine was advertised by the carafe but I have been told it is actually only available by the bottle, there was clearly no time for me to argue) and overwhelmed. On top of that, clearly their concept is running out of steam with a brasserie style restaurant full of clichés, ageing, and not a single French waiter to back that up. The restaurant was packed on both occasion, they could do better. One thing though, the pianist made the difference and brought a bit of atmosphere to this mayhem.Special Features:
- Not HappyhorrifficDined on 5/8/2014When I visited this restaurant with my gf a while back we was first given some horrible table where we were sitting next to each other facing a wall in a cramped corner. Whne asked can we have another table i was asked "are you going to be long?", I explained that i had booked for dinner so we would be a an 1-2 hours atleast, which i think is quite normal. They then gave me table by the door which needed to be closed so my partner could get in to her chair. We ordered our food, she order fish and the steak medium rare. The food took a long while to come and when it found the fish dry as a desert and my steak was so rare it practically jumped off the plate and ran out of the door.