5 Dean Street
London, W1D 3RQNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pierrevictoire.com/london/restaurant/index.asp
- Phone: 02072874582
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 23pm
Thursday - Saturday:12pm - 23:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 23pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Pierre Victoire
Tucked away down Dean Street amongst the hustle and the hipsters is the Pierre Victoire, one of Soho’s favourite dining institutions. This little haunt has been serving up rustic French cuisine to loyal regulars for over a decade, and this is still one of London’s favourite places for date nights and cosy pre-theatre meals. Part Provencal, part Art Nouveau, the dining room at Pierre Victoire is decorated with whitewashed walls, chalkboard menus, a vintage piano, eclectic artworks, untreated wooden floorboards and wine bottles stuffed with drippy candles, and the wholesome home-style cuisine and moreish wine is all delightfully affordable. With a steak-centric menu, Pierre Victoire also serves tasty omelettes, creative salads and plenty of seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
Pierre Victoire - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Pierre Victoire reviews from OpenTable diners
453 reviews since 6 May 2014
pre/post theatre (263)outstanding value (192)romance (157)fit for foodies (143)special occasions (117)group bookings (112)good vegetarian options (67)business meals (51)sunday lunch (43)brunch (33)child friendly (13)outdoor eating (9)afternoon tea (6)disabled access (4)Show More
- Great RestaurantLoveLondonDined on 29/8/2014Love this restaurant I always go there when in London. I find a lot of restaurants in Soho cold in atmosphere where as Pierre's is really warm and friendly. Food is great and the staff are really nice its also good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, a bit too noisyChrisDined on 28/8/2014A place to go if you look for affordable and good quality food. The place is a nice bistro, food is rustic French, good quality and very tasty ( a bit too much butter for my personal taste) The only thing I didnt enjoy was that it smells to much of food(maybe not good extraction) and as I was beside the piano it was a bit too noisy but would be good if you are having a meal with a group of friends.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/8/2014Yet again a very nice experience. We always eat here when in London. Staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. Choice of food excellent. Even my sister who prefers plain food was won over!Special Features:
- Best eveningMarcusDined on 26/8/2014One of the best resturant i ever been to! Deliscious food and beer! Try st mungo beer! Also a man that played piano , very coozy. Perfect for romantic dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaidenDined on 23/8/2014Great food and very efficient service. A bit noisy, so probably not ideal for a romantice evening but we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Great food 4 great valueMatsschulzeDined on 21/8/2014This is prabably the best value for money French brasserie in london. Simple but delicious food in chilled ambience. The piano was a bit too loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great great!LionKingDined on 20/8/2014Pierre Victoire was great, as always. The steak tartare was delicious. Ambience is enhanced by candles and piano playing and I shall return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value French foodChilliMDined on 20/8/2014We have visited this restaurant 3 times now and on each occasion the food has been delicious but not expensive, the staff are friendly and cheerful and the atmosphere buzzy. On 2 of these occasions a piano player has just completed a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmostpheresaucissonDined on 14/8/2014great atmosphere at Pierre Victoire last week with live piano player adding to the fun. Only trouble though was that as room was packed it was hard to hear! Excellent value set menu and tasty food but would have liked more sauce with the moules. Service ok but could have been a bit more smiley.. Very nice carafe of red wine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- CellacellaDined on 14/8/2014Good menu with well priced food options. Nice ambience slightly spoiled by a noisy family. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good valueLoveFoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014When prices seem to be going up in London Pierre Victoire remains really good value for money and good food. I went there before a music gig as it is well located. Unfortunately it is located right where the CrossRail works are going on so it can be quite crowded in the street outside as there is restricted access. Would recommend to anyone who wants good uncomplicated French food.Special Features:
- French, delicious, poor serviceSpannavisionDined on 10/8/2014The food at Pierre Victoire is absolutely delicious and incredibly French. I'd read a lot of reviews warning to not drink the red wine from the table or order the steak and be prepared for the noise. We loved the noise and atmosphere and stuck by the ordering rules of fellow reviewers. Our food choices were delicious and perfectly French. The pianist in the corner was wonderful. We didn't know about pre 7pm incredible value menu which looks worth eating at unreasonable hours for! We were overdue a catch up so not in a hurry but the service was very poor. It took forever for us to even be offered drinks and when our starters finally came they were offered to the next table. I might go back but pre 7pm and definitely not in a hurry...Special Features:
- Not good enoughlifeofbrianDined on 6/8/2014It was my second visit at Pierre Victoire and it'll be probably my last. Nice selection of dishes and wines but taste is actually average and service mediocre with front of house team clearly understaffed, poor knowledge of the menu (one wine was advertised by the carafe but I have been told it is actually only available by the bottle, there was clearly no time for me to argue) and overwhelmed. On top of that, clearly their concept is running out of steam with a brasserie style restaurant full of clichés, ageing, and not a single French waiter to back that up. The restaurant was packed on both occasion, they could do better. One thing though, the pianist made the difference and brought a bit of atmosphere to this mayhem.Special Features:
- Pierre Victoire, Dean St, W1MRSTJGDined on 5/8/2014All very nice and good value, very convenient for pre theatre meal - but.... they should remove the 'offer of a free bottle of (birthday) wine when signing up to their newsletter' as the form is rejected when submitted and they told me on the phone that they are not doing that offer any more. It has been on there for a few years and never worked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice enoughxyzabcDined on 31/7/2014I liked Pierre Victoire. The decor was nice and the place had potential: the food was quite nice (but the steak was very chewy). The main problem was that it was packed and therefore extremely noisy. With the addition of a piano player (lovely on quieter evenings I'm sure), we couldn't hear each other speak. As we'd come out for a meal to catch up on each other's news, this was a shame.Special Features:
- unimpressed and let downDisappointedDined on 29/7/2014Food was eadable, small portions. The choice of meals was limated on the set price menu . Service poor, the staff made no effort to interact with the customers. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- A little bit of Paris in LondonSerialdinerDined on 24/7/2014What a charming find. The food and service at Pierre Victoire was wonderful. The ambience of the place was good and the live piano music added something special. The wine list offers something for everyone and all budgets. The place gets busy so I would recommend booking, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- the food id greatRachelDined on 23/7/2014The food was great and the service was refreshing and nice, the only problem was the noise. The place was very noisy. At some point a piano player started to play but it only made people speak louder. At some point it was too much even for such great food.
- noisy mediocre mealGoodfoodDined on 23/7/2014Because this is a small restaurant it was very noisy, to the extent that our party of 6 had to raise voices considerably to be heard at the other end of the table. The noise level was made considerably worse by the piano playing by a guy who could play 3 tunes by our reckoning. Unnecessary. Food review was mixed across the party - tuna steak was beautiful, but the sole and duck was extremely poor, one duck portion was sent back cold, and unbelievably returned colder. Staff were nice but overall experience was ruined by noise level and food.
- Never disappointedMoveableFeastDined on 21/7/2014we always eat here when in town and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Poor food & service, good ambiancemagaliDined on 21/7/2014I went to Pierre Victoire in a group of 5 friends (all young professionals). We enjoyed the atmosphere as there was a pianist and the place has a nice small French bistro feel to it. However, the steak I ordered medium-well was overcooked and rubbery, and none of us were impressed with the food at all. We were also rushed to make our orders and to get the bill when done, even though there were empty tables and no one waiting. We definitely didn't feel welcome. Not the worst experience I've had in London but I would not go back.
- Good but had betterDavemcgurtyDined on 18/7/2014Been here before, the meal was nice but the steak could have been better, too rare, asked for medium. (entrecote), but the wine was excellent and the service very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodwoody1Dined on 18/7/2014I took 6 work colleagues for dinner on a busy Friday evening.They were all extremely impressed with the food and the service and will all be going back again!We were very well looked after by Dave and had a lovely time.Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieBDined on 15/7/2014We had another excellent meal at Pierre Victoire. As usual the restaurant was busy and so we were glad we booked. Service was efficient without being intrusive. Would recommend this restaurant as good value for money.Special Features:
- MAGNIFIQUEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/7/2014I just discovered Pierre Victoire a few weeks ago, the service is unbeatable, the food is incredible for the price, I've been inviting all my friends there since then and I'll continue, can't wait to discover their new menu !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2014This was a second meal in a month at Dean Street and both were most enjoyable. Very pleasant staff and relaxed style and, of course, excellent food. We frequently visited Pierre Victoire when it had a restaurant in Bath, many years ago, and loved the style. Dean Street has carried this on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pierre VictoireRachCDined on 11/7/2014very nice meal as usual here... is a little cramped (or cosy) but never really had anything to complain about at Pierre VictoireSpecial Features:
- WILL CERTAINLY RETURNSCOTTISHCOUPLEDined on 7/7/2014Very convenient for Theatre trips. We have used Pierre Victoire in its original days and were delighted to find it had not changed - still great food and good value.Special Features:
- Dun1Dined on 6/7/2014Pierre Victoire is one of London's treasures. A great room, friendly and buzzy, good for couples or groups. The service is always good, and outstanding when the manager, Dave, is on duty. The food is always of a very high standard, the more so when you consider the very reasonable prices charged even on the a la carte menu.Very good wine list, again very competitively priced.Special Features:
- Nice dinner, as alwaysAnnaDined on 5/7/2014I have been 4 times and I always end full and happy. Nice food, nice environment and service. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealProfessoreDined on 5/7/2014The food was consistently good and some was excellent. Unpretentious setting and reasonable service. Definitely recommended.
- Excellent !!GaganDined on 5/7/2014Best choice I had ever made about restaurant since I'm in UK . Delicious French food and amazing ambience. Perfect place for love birds. Moreover, service was brilliant. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.....Many Thanks :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestauranthonestgovnorDined on 25/6/2014Very good food, perfectly cooked, which hard to find a reasonable price in Soho. Great place to visit after the theatre or a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLionKingDined on 25/6/2014Pierre Victoire never fails to deliver. Delicious food (including a burger that the kitchen can prepare medium rare, which feels "rare" in London nowadays), attentive service and fantastic value with the £10 deal for two course. Candles add to the relaxed and romantic ambience. Shall return again and again...Special Features:
- Another great eveningAlunDined on 20/6/2014We've been to Pierre Victoire a few times now and every time we have a great evening. Good food, not over-priced, good wine selection - again not over priced. Service is quick without being intrusive. Staff are friendly and helpful. Not rushed to order or to eat and leave. A great experience where the time seems to fly, and before we knew it we'd been there for 4 hours! A great evening - thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cellaDined on 20/6/2014Great food and very good value. Service was a little hit and miss and we struggled a couple of times to catch a waiters eye. They insisted we added a £1 to the final bill settling to cover what they had asked for on the bill - first time this has ever happened as we think the service charge is optional.Special Features:
- Great Experiencelove2eatDined on 19/6/2014This was our first visit to Pierre Victoire and we will definitely return. It was terrific value, great service and a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, shame about slow serviceRennhmDined on 18/6/2014Myself and a friend went here for dinner for a mid week lunch, having been before I knew the food was good. Again the food didn't disappoint and was plentiful as well as delicious. However, unlike last time the service was very slow, having to ask for things more than once. This may be down to the fact that the restaurant was heaving the whole time we were there. I'll be giving this place one more shot, but if the service is that slow again I won't be back. Definitely give it a go for good, reasonably priced food in central London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value, food and ambiencekle1Dined on 17/6/2014Pierre Victoire is one of the best restaurants I have been to in London. This cosy little Bistro is great for ambience and the food is very tasty and excellent value (the is the set menu before 7pm (2 courses for £12.90).
- Birthday group diner a hitSocialiteDined on 16/6/2014Went for a group birthday dinner. Great food! Booked for over 10 people and a whole downstairs room was booked out for the occasion with table decorations. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.