Pizza East - Shoreditch
56 Shoreditch High Street
London, E1 6JJNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Pizza East - Shoreditch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzaeast.com/
- Phone: 020 7729 1888
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner Monday - Wednesday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bernie Plaisted
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For special events and occasions, a private dining area complete with bespoke menu options for up to 16 will be available.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Taylor 02077291888
- Entertainment: As the weekend nears, Pizza east will host a resident house DJ to spin guests out of the work-week from Thursday to Saturday.
A word from Pizza East - Shoreditch
Imported from the back roads of Rome and Napoli to the hip streets of London, Pizza East- Shoreditch will fuse the creative-cool of Shoreditch to the vibrant tastes of Italy. From the small plates to the individual pizzas that give us our name, we prize only the finest ingredients, precise preparation, and presentation by the warmest, coolest, most knowledgeable staff this side of Barolo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pizza East - Shoreditch - Best restaurants in Shoreditch ›
Pizza East - Shoreditch reviews from OpenTable diners
467 reviews since 22 November 2013
group bookings (241)fit for foodies (107)good vegetarian options (88)special occasions (83)romance (66)brunch (62)child friendly (55)sunday lunch (53)outstanding value (50)pre/post theatre (44)business meals (36)outdoor eating (10)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- RandSDDined on 17/11/2014Great Pizza, great atmosphere, great staff, will definately come backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night eatingLondonBlondeVIPDined on 15/11/2014Made a late booking via Opentable and an hour later we were seated. At 11.30pm on Saturday night the place was buzzing but not packed. Food arrived really fast - less than 10 mins from ordering - we loved the meatballs, oxcheeks and polenta. Great value, fun atmosphere and delicious food. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service with a real buzzSandyDined on 14/11/2014I have been to the Kentish Town branch several times and this was my first visit to the Shoreditch branch. It is every bit as good. Great welcome, I love the food simple and well executed and never fails. Shoreditch is bigger, noisier but I liked the buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, nice food.Virginie888Dined on 13/11/2014Impossible without a reservation but a very good surprise if you do so. A bit noisy but it seems to be normal in London. A very good service and very good food with reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunchPetale1Dined on 11/11/2014We had the special of the day and the rocket and fennel salad. Great to share for two. Fun place with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed!SWFoodieDined on 8/11/2014They had only allowed an hour and a half for the reservation which was only communicated in an ambiguous way on the morning of the booking so no time to book anywhere else. It’s not long enough for a meal. We were told we couldn't have dessert as there wasn't time! The server literally stood over us for the entire time, clearing away food the second you finished, we even saw him take someone’s unfinished meal. The food and restaurant was nice but nothing particularly special. The whole experience was uncomfortable so I won’t be returning.
- Great food Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Went there with a group of friends - the food was tasty and easy and the restaurant had a fun party atmosphere even on a Tuesday night - wine was more than I thought but we did drink more than we had planned! Pizza was tasty and the meatballs special with sides was great value, they are also very helpful with my friend who has a nut allergy, checking all food before it was sent out - rather than us having to send food back. Really good night!Special Features:
- Pizza East - shoreditchpererashawVIPDined on 2/11/2014This is a great restaurant that has managed to maintain the quality of it's pizza unlike some others that have diminished as they have got more popular. the base was great and toppings tasty and I'd go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food - but limited options of meatShawnaVIPDined on 2/11/2014Really good quality of food and service is outstanding! However, the options for meat are quite limited and you either have to go vegetarian or eat ham/pork/bacon. Would be quite nice to be able to see beef/chicken options too - i.e. have a bresaola pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fun and great pizzasToriDined on 31/10/2014Great restaurant- nice vibe, low lighting, we had a round table for 7 and it was by the windows so a bit quieter. Hadn't realised when booking that table was only for 2 hours, so service was very rapid- very polite and friendly but they made sure we were out after our 2 hours! Delicious food- starters are easy to share, The pizzas were all excellent too. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, lively atmosphereLovetoeatDined on 27/10/2014The food is always great and there is always a buzzy upbeat atmosphere but the restaurant is always really busy so customer service suffers. The house wine is really good and great value so it's nice to arrive early and have a drink at the bar, the only shame is it takes about 15 minutes (even on a Monday night) to get served at the bar and then you have to fight for somewhere to sit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza slack serviceUKLADined on 27/10/2014The pizzas are usuky great although two were burnt on our last visit. The service has got worse recently and it is almost impossible to attract attention to order food or drinks. Had to go to the bar after waving frantically at the waiters rushing past. Just needs to refocus on the customer and all will be well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlacesayyestofoodDined on 25/10/2014Pizza East is a must. The ambiance is cozy, classy, and romantic, with a trendy decor. The ingredients are fresh and the pizzas delicious and unique. I took a chance with the Butternut squash & Pancetta Pizza and loved it. I've been back for it more than once. The only thing that I didn't like is that they have strict seating time slots and I felt rushed towards the end of my meal .Special Features:
- The food is amazingLovefoodDined on 25/10/2014Went to pizza East for a meal with my friend, we were sitted before your booking time and the food service time was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funRobinoDined on 24/10/2014Good fun location and friendly service, not especially fast. Can get noisy but good place for a relaxed and different meal. Food is good, pizzas very fine.Special Features:
- Good pizza at alright pricesAJLEDined on 23/10/2014As always, booking is a must at this restaurant. Am still surprised how busy this place is. The food is always good and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:
- Macaroni cheesexxxxVIPDined on 18/10/2014Nice pizza, good service. The macaroni cheese is exceptional but very rich... We had is as a side dish for the table!Special Features:
- EnjoyableInahoDined on 18/10/2014I simply love pizza East ... A good choice for a pizza addicted like me and my friends ! Finocchiona is the best option for as main. As starters few good choices but next time I would not go for polenta and mushrooms .... Does not look like and taste like polenta at all.... White polenta?! Really ?! Good desserts as well . I had the peach zabaglione and was nice . I like the style of the uniforms and of the waiters... Ours was nice and polite, smiling all the time but did not connect much with us. I would go back for sure again.Special Features:
- Cool placeFoodNomadeDined on 17/10/2014Good friendly service – the food was not bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchJodoDined on 17/10/2014Nice atmosphere, tasty food and decent service. Always a good spot for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014We dined in Pizza East Shoreditch - it was outstanding. Our waiter was great v. attentive and polite. The food itself was also amazing and extremely fast. Brilliant restaurant would recommend to couples, groups and corporate meetings etc. Lovely restaurantSpecial Features:
- Tasy, fun, a little disorganisedEmgems237Dined on 11/10/20148 friends visited for my birthday meal at 8.30pm but the table was not ready so we went to the bar, this was no problem at all. It had a lively, fun and great atmosphere. Straight to mains; good amount of toppings; very good food. Copious amounts of wine was drunk in the meantime. The waitress at 9.30pm told us would need to leave soon due to another sitting. Asking her to how long we should have, being 1.5 hours i said well we have until 10pm at least. We rushed some chocolate tarts down. A good job we didn't have starters! We complained to the manager who came to tell us we in fact should have had at least 2 hours and we were fed incorrect information. The waitress and manager were faultess, it was a problem with the door staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014A noisy, corporate pizza barn. Couldn't hear the person next to me. Good pizza and starter but not easy to enjoy in such loud surroundings.
- Pizza EastGeoffersVIPDined on 9/10/2014Really enjoyed my pizza and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nails it every time.TomC88VIPDined on 6/10/2014Pizza East is a solid choice for most occasions. Always buzzing, and amazing service and food every time.Special Features:
- good all roundEmilioDined on 5/10/2014I don't usually fill these things in, but we were 5 originally, grew to eight, 3 children and a baby and there was no eye rolling, no pressure, just regular checks that we had what we needed, food came fast and drinks were always offered. Staff were great. Have been as a couple before and experience was equally as good. Thanks ESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Barbican Music VisitLittleMartDined on 2/10/2014Food and service excellent. Speedy so no worries about getting to venue on time. As it was early evening ambient buzz just starting. Staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Spectacular placeMeMeDined on 1/10/2014Speedy and friendly staff. Food is really tasty and for a good price.Special Features:
- AtmosphericSJV1Dined on 25/9/2014Great venue, contemporary and welcoming and the lighting is fab. My only criticism was that the pizzas were small and although the base was lovely and soft when the pizza arrived it quickly became tough and difficult to cut. Sharper knives may have helped here.Special Features:
- bravi braviGmfr33domDined on 22/9/2014ottima pizza, personale qualificato, location bellissima, ottima selezione di cibo italianoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- £3 for a cup of grapefruit juiceChipmunkDined on 21/9/2014Mmmmm I do love this place but the fresh drinks are dinky and a rip off. It doesn't make sense to charge £3 for a cup of juice which might be slightly the same measure as a half a can of Coke! So really unimpressed with that. But the food is wonderful and fairly priced. Just be wary of certain things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish venue, slow servicecharlotteDined on 21/9/2014Very stylish interior, we visited on a Sunday lunch time and there were plenty of kids with families. Service was swift to start with, but after our starters we were left waiting for a while for our pizzas. We had to catch somebody's eye, who went to check- think they forgot about us as pizzas came a few mins later. Succinct menu, not too many options, but enough non meat ones for non meat eaters, without making you feel like you're being awkward. Overall a good meal, but service wasn't great (not many waiters about and when they did appear they were quick to rush off again, however I was called prior to the booking to confirm by a very nice lady so it wasn't all bad!)
- RobertoDoRDined on 13/9/2014Pizzas are fantastic, as well as the starters. Really original combinations and Italian ingredients that are usually hard to find. One of the best options for dinner in Shoreditch, especially if you're out with friends.Special Features:
- Maz4Dined on 13/9/2014Our table that was booked for 7.30 was not available until 8.10 so we had to wait at the bar. We were not offered anything to drink as compensation so my cousin asked and we were then offered a free bottle of prosecco which pleased us! The food more than made up for the table wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky yumminessWhitneyDined on 11/9/2014More than just a pizza place! I had the fish and it was very good given it isn't ids speciality! Great for groups, cool, funky and just a little more than a pizza restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great186kDined on 10/9/2014Been here a few times before. Not v impressed on this visit, although the staff were very attentive & efficient, the music was way too loud (seemed like almost bar/nightclub level), my pizza was pretty sloppy & partner barely touched her chicken salad. We'll find somewhere else next time
- truly italian pizza in east LondonBarbaraDined on 10/9/2014We went there in a group of 6 for an early dinner before an event, service was very quick and professional. The pizza was brilliant (i'm italian and i can be very fussy about pizza!), not too big and with a light crust - perfect! The location is also very cool: inside a warehouse conversion, we have brick walls and high ceiling that give a bit of a rustic touch to the place. overall, I would recommend to go there.Special Features:
- Just OK food, nice atmospherefoodielondonDined on 6/9/2014The overall setting is great and fit to start the night. The pizza are OK but the dough is not noteworthy. Appetizers and dessert is what you would find in any italian chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Trendy, bustling if a tad priceyWChinDined on 6/9/2014Very nice ambience and excellent service. The music was a bit loud so if you're looking for a place to sit down and have a chat - this isn't it. The food was pretty good if a tad pricey but overall would recommend.
- Enjoyed our visitCGerDined on 6/9/2014Service was great, we ended up having 3 babies around - from one at the beginning of our booking, to three at the end, and there was enough space and staff patience which was lovely. We ended up moving towards the bar to give ourselves space! Food was great, as always, my crust was a bit big but I guess that's what happens with pizza nowadays. Otherwise, no complaints! Everyone enjoyed their visit.Special Features: