Pizza East - Shoreditch
56 Shoreditch High Street
London, E1 6JJNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Pizza East - Shoreditch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzaeast.com/
- Phone: 02077291888
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner Monday - Wednesday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bernie Plaisted
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For special events and occasions, a private dining area complete with bespoke menu options for up to 16 will be available.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Taylor 02077291888
- Entertainment: As the weekend nears, Pizza east will host a resident house DJ to spin guests out of the work-week from Thursday to Saturday.
A word from Pizza East - Shoreditch
Imported from the back roads of Rome and Napoli to the hip streets of London, Pizza East- Shoreditch will fuse the creative-cool of Shoreditch to the vibrant tastes of Italy. From the small plates to the individual pizzas that give us our name, we prize only the finest ingredients, precise preparation, and presentation by the warmest, coolest, most knowledgeable staff this side of Barolo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pizza East - Shoreditch - Best restaurants in Shoreditch ›
Pizza East - Shoreditch reviews from OpenTable diners
460 reviews since 21 October 2013
group bookings (235)fit for foodies (106)good vegetarian options (84)special occasions (82)romance (64)brunch (61)child friendly (59)outstanding value (51)sunday lunch (49)pre/post theatre (40)business meals (31)outdoor eating (10)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Macaroni cheesexxxxVIPDined on 18/10/2014Nice pizza, good service. The macaroni cheese is exceptional but very rich... We had is as a side dish for the table!Special Features:
- EnjoyableInahoDined on 18/10/2014I simply love pizza East ... A good choice for a pizza addicted like me and my friends ! Finocchiona is the best option for as main. As starters few good choices but next time I would not go for polenta and mushrooms .... Does not look like and taste like polenta at all.... White polenta?! Really ?! Good desserts as well . I had the peach zabaglione and was nice . I like the style of the uniforms and of the waiters... Ours was nice and polite, smiling all the time but did not connect much with us. I would go back for sure again.Special Features:
- Cool placeFoodNomadeDined on 17/10/2014Good friendly service – the food was not bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchJodoDined on 17/10/2014Nice atmosphere, tasty food and decent service. Always a good spot for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014We dined in Pizza East Shoreditch - it was outstanding. Our waiter was great v. attentive and polite. The food itself was also amazing and extremely fast. Brilliant restaurant would recommend to couples, groups and corporate meetings etc. Lovely restaurantSpecial Features:
- Tasy, fun, a little disorganisedEmgems237Dined on 11/10/20148 friends visited for my birthday meal at 8.30pm but the table was not ready so we went to the bar, this was no problem at all. It had a lively, fun and great atmosphere. Straight to mains; good amount of toppings; very good food. Copious amounts of wine was drunk in the meantime. The waitress at 9.30pm told us would need to leave soon due to another sitting. Asking her to how long we should have, being 1.5 hours i said well we have until 10pm at least. We rushed some chocolate tarts down. A good job we didn't have starters! We complained to the manager who came to tell us we in fact should have had at least 2 hours and we were fed incorrect information. The waitress and manager were faultess, it was a problem with the door staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014A noisy, corporate pizza barn. Couldn't hear the person next to me. Good pizza and starter but not easy to enjoy in such loud surroundings.
- Pizza EastGeoffersVIPDined on 9/10/2014Really enjoyed my pizza and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nails it every time.TomC88Dined on 6/10/2014Pizza East is a solid choice for most occasions. Always buzzing, and amazing service and food every time.Special Features:
- good all roundEmilioDined on 5/10/2014I don't usually fill these things in, but we were 5 originally, grew to eight, 3 children and a baby and there was no eye rolling, no pressure, just regular checks that we had what we needed, food came fast and drinks were always offered. Staff were great. Have been as a couple before and experience was equally as good. Thanks ESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Barbican Music VisitLittleMartDined on 2/10/2014Food and service excellent. Speedy so no worries about getting to venue on time. As it was early evening ambient buzz just starting. Staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Spectacular placeMeMeDined on 1/10/2014Speedy and friendly staff. Food is really tasty and for a good price.Special Features:
- AtmosphericSJV1Dined on 25/9/2014Great venue, contemporary and welcoming and the lighting is fab. My only criticism was that the pizzas were small and although the base was lovely and soft when the pizza arrived it quickly became tough and difficult to cut. Sharper knives may have helped here.Special Features:
- bravi braviGmfr33domDined on 22/9/2014ottima pizza, personale qualificato, location bellissima, ottima selezione di cibo italianoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- £3 for a cup of grapefruit juiceChipmunkDined on 21/9/2014Mmmmm I do love this place but the fresh drinks are dinky and a rip off. It doesn't make sense to charge £3 for a cup of juice which might be slightly the same measure as a half a can of Coke! So really unimpressed with that. But the food is wonderful and fairly priced. Just be wary of certain things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish venue, slow servicecharlotteDined on 21/9/2014Very stylish interior, we visited on a Sunday lunch time and there were plenty of kids with families. Service was swift to start with, but after our starters we were left waiting for a while for our pizzas. We had to catch somebody's eye, who went to check- think they forgot about us as pizzas came a few mins later. Succinct menu, not too many options, but enough non meat ones for non meat eaters, without making you feel like you're being awkward. Overall a good meal, but service wasn't great (not many waiters about and when they did appear they were quick to rush off again, however I was called prior to the booking to confirm by a very nice lady so it wasn't all bad!)
- RobertoDoRDined on 13/9/2014Pizzas are fantastic, as well as the starters. Really original combinations and Italian ingredients that are usually hard to find. One of the best options for dinner in Shoreditch, especially if you're out with friends.Special Features:
- Maz4Dined on 13/9/2014Our table that was booked for 7.30 was not available until 8.10 so we had to wait at the bar. We were not offered anything to drink as compensation so my cousin asked and we were then offered a free bottle of prosecco which pleased us! The food more than made up for the table wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky yumminessWhitneyDined on 11/9/2014More than just a pizza place! I had the fish and it was very good given it isn't ids speciality! Great for groups, cool, funky and just a little more than a pizza restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great186kDined on 10/9/2014Been here a few times before. Not v impressed on this visit, although the staff were very attentive & efficient, the music was way too loud (seemed like almost bar/nightclub level), my pizza was pretty sloppy & partner barely touched her chicken salad. We'll find somewhere else next time
- truly italian pizza in east LondonBarbaraDined on 10/9/2014We went there in a group of 6 for an early dinner before an event, service was very quick and professional. The pizza was brilliant (i'm italian and i can be very fussy about pizza!), not too big and with a light crust - perfect! The location is also very cool: inside a warehouse conversion, we have brick walls and high ceiling that give a bit of a rustic touch to the place. overall, I would recommend to go there.Special Features:
- Just OK food, nice atmospherefoodielondonDined on 6/9/2014The overall setting is great and fit to start the night. The pizza are OK but the dough is not noteworthy. Appetizers and dessert is what you would find in any italian chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Trendy, bustling if a tad priceyWChinDined on 6/9/2014Very nice ambience and excellent service. The music was a bit loud so if you're looking for a place to sit down and have a chat - this isn't it. The food was pretty good if a tad pricey but overall would recommend.
- Enjoyed our visitCGerDined on 6/9/2014Service was great, we ended up having 3 babies around - from one at the beginning of our booking, to three at the end, and there was enough space and staff patience which was lovely. We ended up moving towards the bar to give ourselves space! Food was great, as always, my crust was a bit big but I guess that's what happens with pizza nowadays. Otherwise, no complaints! Everyone enjoyed their visit.Special Features:
- Dining with friendsjoslinDined on 30/8/2014This wasn't the first time I've eaten at pizza east - and it won't be the last. It's a great restaurant for relaxed dining of any sort, lively and fun but cool and collected offering a tasty selection of dishes that will leave you enough cash in your pocket to leave a well deserved tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, very buzzyBusinesslunchDined on 25/8/2014and also very loud, so not the place for a cosy chat.Special Features:
- Great food for a casual meetupeatingmywaythrulondonVIPDined on 18/8/2014Just a few minutes away from The City, Pizza East is a great alternative from all the chain-type and corporate eating options there... it's spacious, well-decorated, and has great food. I ordered the veal meatball & prosciutto pizza and it was AMAZING. I shared it, along with the sweet potato & quinoa salad, along with the prawn and avocado antipasti, with a friend, and it turned out to be quite a bit of food. Taste for all 3 items was excellent, and I especially liked how crispy the prosciutto on the pizza was. Service was great, it was easy to flag down our waiter but he wasn't intrusive at all. The restaurant itself is quite spacious and very "Shoreditch" - ie. on the hipster side =).Special Features:
- Great food ... But crowdy & loudCohiba007Dined on 15/8/2014Can't complain about the food ... The problem is it's too loud, you have to shout to have a conversation with the person in front of you ... Too badSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Fine restaurant, the food is decent. It was quite noisy though. The service was quick though there's an auto 12.5% service charge so you do pay for it.
- Family DinnerrouxposttheatreDined on 10/8/2014Good evening at Pizza East. Kids (20 year olds) really liked the atmosphere. Food was very good, pizzas were excellent. Service was OK but a little erratic at times and maybe too quick at times - starters in 5 minutes. Food was good value, some of the alcohol at little pricey. But would recommend anyone to try Pizza East.
- will def be back..DBSE1Dined on 10/8/2014just went for a quick post movie bite early on a sunday evening. first time I had tried it, but had been recommended by friends and can understand why. friendly buzz despite not being a busy time to be there. pizza was great and service good. looked like some more interesting things on the menu, so will be back to try them. We went as a couple and was great for that, but looked good for groups as wellSpecial Features:
- an experiencetopspotsDined on 9/8/2014We had the best time at Pizza east. The food was outstanding, a really good variety and tasted awesome! Service was so quick and the atmosphere was buzzing. Brilliant location in the heart of shoreditch. Cocktails were some of the best I've had. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMPeteMVIPDined on 9/8/2014Cool building, buzzy atmosphere. Food good at the price point.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchLMLeedsDined on 9/8/2014Having been recommended by friends to visit here we booked in for an early lunch on Saturday and we werent disappointed. Service was quick and friendly. We ordered a margareta pizza which was delicious and better than pizzas i have had recently in Italy. The rocket, fennel and paremesan salad was delicious, as were the poached eggs my friend had. All in all i would definately recommend this place and can imagine its brilliant to visit on an evening. Cant wait to go back when we are next visiting from up north.Special Features:
- Top class pizzaBonAppetitDined on 6/8/2014This was my second visit to Pizza East. The pizzas are large and good value for money (though I can never manage a full one). Very tasty as well. My friend had the chicken salad - she said the lettuce leaves were a little withered, there was a bit too much dressing and the croutons are enormous, but good overall! The staff are friendly and attentive and there is a great atmosphere. You can't really go wrong with pizza but I would go here again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool PizzaFredDined on 5/8/2014The coolest pizza place. Food great, location perfect, service very good . Just very noisy. FxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy & good pizzaJenoirDined on 5/8/2014Always a great place to meet friends over a decent pizza! Wine list is a little pricey but overall pretty good. Very busy in the evenings so make sure you book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTaytayDined on 5/8/2014I'd heard great things about pizza east, and so I found the dining experience fairly lacklustre. The menu, whilst trying to be cool, is not descriptive. I ordered a brocolli "main" thinking it was a side, and the pizza base was bland and very oily. The service was impersonal and rushed. That being said, the desserts that we had were fantastic, and it has a cool vibe.
- Bad pizzasBabpizzasDined on 26/7/2014The pizzas are quite flat for paying 12 pounds. Nothing special. No much cheese and the tomato sauce bland. As a pizza place we expected much more. It was very very loud, even we could not chat.Special Features:
- Great pizza, well pricedskohDined on 25/7/2014Really great selection of toppings - interesting and far from the usual. Doesn't cost the earth either!Special Features: