Pizza East - Shoreditch
56 Shoreditch High Street
London, E1 6JJNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Pizza East - Shoreditch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzaeast.com/
- Phone: 02077291888
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner Monday - Wednesday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bernie Plaisted
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For special events and occasions, a private dining area complete with bespoke menu options for up to 16 will be available.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Taylor 02077291888
- Entertainment: As the weekend nears, Pizza east will host a resident house DJ to spin guests out of the work-week from Thursday to Saturday.
A word from Pizza East - Shoreditch
Imported from the back roads of Rome and Napoli to the hip streets of London, Pizza East- Shoreditch will fuse the creative-cool of Shoreditch to the vibrant tastes of Italy. From the small plates to the individual pizzas that give us our name, we prize only the finest ingredients, precise preparation, and presentation by the warmest, coolest, most knowledgeable staff this side of Barolo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pizza East - Shoreditch - Best restaurants in Shoreditch ›
Pizza East - Shoreditch reviews from OpenTable diners
440 reviews since 6 May 2014
group bookings (219)fit for foodies (105)special occasions (86)good vegetarian options (78)romance (63)brunch (59)outstanding value (58)child friendly (57)sunday lunch (45)pre/post theatre (40)business meals (32)outdoor eating (11)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- Dining with friendsjoslinDined on 30/8/2014This wasn't the first time I've eaten at pizza east - and it won't be the last. It's a great restaurant for relaxed dining of any sort, lively and fun but cool and collected offering a tasty selection of dishes that will leave you enough cash in your pocket to leave a well deserved tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, very buzzyBusinesslunchDined on 25/8/2014and also very loud, so not the place for a cosy chat.Special Features:
- Great food for a casual meetupeatingmywaythrulondonVIPDined on 18/8/2014Just a few minutes away from The City, Pizza East is a great alternative from all the chain-type and corporate eating options there... it's spacious, well-decorated, and has great food. I ordered the veal meatball & prosciutto pizza and it was AMAZING. I shared it, along with the sweet potato & quinoa salad, along with the prawn and avocado antipasti, with a friend, and it turned out to be quite a bit of food. Taste for all 3 items was excellent, and I especially liked how crispy the prosciutto on the pizza was. Service was great, it was easy to flag down our waiter but he wasn't intrusive at all. The restaurant itself is quite spacious and very "Shoreditch" - ie. on the hipster side =).Special Features:
- Great food ... But crowdy & loudCohiba007Dined on 15/8/2014Can't complain about the food ... The problem is it's too loud, you have to shout to have a conversation with the person in front of you ... Too badSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Fine restaurant, the food is decent. It was quite noisy though. The service was quick though there's an auto 12.5% service charge so you do pay for it.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Good evening at Pizza East. Kids (20 year olds) really liked the atmosphere. Food was very good, pizzas were excellent. Service was OK but a little erratic at times and maybe too quick at times - starters in 5 minutes. Food was good value, some of the alcohol at little pricey. But would recommend anyone to try Pizza East.
- will def be back..DBSE1Dined on 10/8/2014just went for a quick post movie bite early on a sunday evening. first time I had tried it, but had been recommended by friends and can understand why. friendly buzz despite not being a busy time to be there. pizza was great and service good. looked like some more interesting things on the menu, so will be back to try them. We went as a couple and was great for that, but looked good for groups as wellSpecial Features:
- an experiencetopspotsDined on 9/8/2014We had the best time at Pizza east. The food was outstanding, a really good variety and tasted awesome! Service was so quick and the atmosphere was buzzing. Brilliant location in the heart of shoreditch. Cocktails were some of the best I've had. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PMPeteMVIPDined on 9/8/2014Cool building, buzzy atmosphere. Food good at the price point.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchLMLeedsDined on 9/8/2014Having been recommended by friends to visit here we booked in for an early lunch on Saturday and we werent disappointed. Service was quick and friendly. We ordered a margareta pizza which was delicious and better than pizzas i have had recently in Italy. The rocket, fennel and paremesan salad was delicious, as were the poached eggs my friend had. All in all i would definately recommend this place and can imagine its brilliant to visit on an evening. Cant wait to go back when we are next visiting from up north.Special Features:
- Top class pizzaBonAppetitDined on 6/8/2014This was my second visit to Pizza East. The pizzas are large and good value for money (though I can never manage a full one). Very tasty as well. My friend had the chicken salad - she said the lettuce leaves were a little withered, there was a bit too much dressing and the croutons are enormous, but good overall! The staff are friendly and attentive and there is a great atmosphere. You can't really go wrong with pizza but I would go here again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool PizzaFredDined on 5/8/2014The coolest pizza place. Food great, location perfect, service very good . Just very noisy. FxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy & good pizzaJenoirDined on 5/8/2014Always a great place to meet friends over a decent pizza! Wine list is a little pricey but overall pretty good. Very busy in the evenings so make sure you book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTaytayDined on 5/8/2014I'd heard great things about pizza east, and so I found the dining experience fairly lacklustre. The menu, whilst trying to be cool, is not descriptive. I ordered a brocolli "main" thinking it was a side, and the pizza base was bland and very oily. The service was impersonal and rushed. That being said, the desserts that we had were fantastic, and it has a cool vibe.
- Bad pizzasBabpizzasDined on 26/7/2014The pizzas are quite flat for paying 12 pounds. Nothing special. No much cheese and the tomato sauce bland. As a pizza place we expected much more. It was very very loud, even we could not chat.Special Features:
- Great pizza, well pricedskohDined on 25/7/2014Really great selection of toppings - interesting and far from the usual. Doesn't cost the earth either!Special Features:
- Fun night at Pizza EastRBEatVIPDined on 24/7/2014A favourite of mine. Great atmosphere and excellent food. I will keep returning!Special Features:
- Birthday @ Pizza EastMumZDined on 23/7/2014Had a very nice evening at Pizza East. Friendly staff, efficient, discrete service, knowledgeable waiter and delicious pizzas (and octopus & lasagne). The house champagne was great value and great tasting. It was fully booked so a little too loud for round-the-table conversation - could only hear my closest neighbour when 'leaning in' but none-the-less we had nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza East FeastToggaDined on 22/7/2014This place was recommended to me and it looked great. Overall the food was par, maybe I wasn't hungry enough or maybe shouldn't have had the starter! The lasagne was tasty and there was enough of it, the wine was good, the garlic bread was awful... Too soggy...yeuch! The ambience was very loud and I was trying to have a 'romantic' dinner... That isn't found to happen hear. Too big, too loud for my taste but a lot of people were loving that mind of atmosphere. I guess with a minimum of 6 people at your table you would like that.... And that is what Pizza East aims for. Pizza East was good in the fact that it confirmed to me that I like more intimacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PizzaFredDined on 20/7/2014Pizza east is always a pleasure. Food is very good. Sometimes the service is quite raw and too rushed. Very nice place and very very noisy. I have been there many times and can't wait to go back. FxSpecial Features:
- Great value, range of choicesfoodie3ldnDined on 20/7/2014Pizza East is known for it's amazing pizza but there are other things to chose from (being a Sunday I went for the roast and it was fantastic). Great value in sucha trendy area where things can be overpriced.Special Features:
- menu's changedeatprayloveVIPDined on 19/7/2014there's a lot of more options on the menu, though it seems to veering away from it's original italian concept and becoming a bit more high street chain like...a chili avocado prawn salad? butternut squash quinoa? hmm...best to stick to the originals.Special Features:
- Tried again & Failed againHarryVIPDined on 18/7/2014Thought I would give this place another try - been here a few times previously over the years given that I live just around the corner. Unfortunately it hasn't got any better. The Pizza's are seriously below standard. Pesto Pizza is just drenched in Oil and the Dough is too tough to bother with. Meatballs tapas are reasonable but it doesn't make up for the fact that you can't hear what the other person is saying because the average music is blaring at an unreasonable decibel. Won't be coming back this food has let me down one too many times which is a shame because the decor of the place is great. Tables are too cramped together and it would be nice if the table wasn't wet and smelly when you are told to sit down at the table.
- Amazing lasagneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/7/2014We went here on a Friday evening and the place was packed....hence the need to make a reservation. Service was very attentive, lasagne and pizza were both amazing and the atmosphere was great. The only downside is the noise which we did not mind as it is expected on a Fri night in London! If you want a quiet romantic meal, I would go at a different time! Overall, I will be going back for sure...and highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- disappointing experience.chars2014Dined on 5/7/2014My friends and I were really looking forward to dinner at pizza east shoreditch and we travelled quite a journey to get there. Once there and seated we were not asked if we wanted drinks or to order our , we had to get the attention of the waitress after a while (it was not busy, there were lots of free tables) the food came out quickly which was great, but again we were not asked if we needed chilly oil or if the food was ok-our table was not 'waited on' .They automatically added 12% on to our bill which we very much regret paying as this should reflect the level of service and experience had.
- chocolatepieVIPDined on 5/7/2014A busy Shoreditch spot bustling with loud families and friends. Food could have been better - in particular the Aubergine pizza lacked flavour and texture. The chocolate salted caramel tart saved the day! Rich and indulgent.
- Good as alwaysiloveallfoodVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great pizza and great service in a very cool space. It's one of my favourite restaurants in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleMagzDined on 2/7/2014Pizza east used to have good pizza. Now for some reason they removed all good food from the menu, leaving very little to chose from. Staff working there think of themselves as God's gift and the overall atmosphere there isn't worth your money and time. This used to be a lovely place and now is definitely not.
- Fi73Dined on 30/6/2014Always great service and great food. The atmosphere is great and the bar is a great area to sit and chat.Special Features:
- Great pizzas, efficient serviceClaireCDined on 28/6/2014Took our parents on Saturday night and wasn't sure they'd like it due to the East London hipster-ish vibe, but had good table by the window. Service was very efficient and friendly and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicePizzaloverDined on 21/6/2014I accidentally ordered something that turned out to be not what I expected ( I ended up with fish and I am a veggie) and even though it was entirely my own fault the manager and waitress took it off my bill and let me order something else. Very pleased. Meal would have been even more pleasant if we didn't have to see men's a***s hanging out of their trousers while they were eating at the bar but what can the manager do about that?!Special Features:
- Delicious PizzaLulu360Dined on 19/6/2014The whole Pizza East experience is great, from the waiting staff to the unique, tasty yet affordable menu. The food is excellent, the cured meats were espeically delicious and the pizza is one of the best I've had in a while. The atmosphere is laid back and cool although the size of the restaurant did make me feel like I was in a factory which was churning through covers. Despite this, I will definitely be returning and will perhaps request a table in a booth as these look very cosy!Special Features:
- Just sugestionDViannaDined on 18/6/2014Being a Pizza place and a Italian Restaurant, I think there should be more variety and more pasta meals.Special Features:
- style over substancefoodieVIPDined on 15/6/2014This place is ok - though a tad pretentious with things on the menu I didn't understand, great design but service lacking somewhat - mistakes with the bill and having to remind the waiters about bringing olives after they were ordered. You're also crammed in so could hear the entire conversations of the people next to us. Food is very good though and reasonably priced and we didn't feel rushed. I'd eat here again but don't think its the be all and end all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveCharles80Dined on 10/6/2014Chose this venue as have been a few times before and loved it. Food was quiet good as always, although a bit greasy. Good venue for kids and had lots they liked on the menu and things for them to do- size of venue meant that didnt feel like we were annoyig other diners. Sadly found the price tag really quite expensive considering smallish pizzas lacking toppings for £43 a head!Special Features:
- Monday 09/09/2014 - 21 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014**********************Rich flavoured food ******************************************* **********************Speedy service********************************************* *********************bit noisy****************************************************Special Features:
- Pre Comedy munchiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014A bit expensive, but good for an after work date when you know you'll be moving on elsewhere later. Food was ok, and the staff very attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzayummyDined on 2/6/2014We love pizza and we think that good pizza is hard to come by. It is very expensive here- so the value isn't that great. But, it is good pizza. We go on the days that you get 50% off- which makes the value much better. We've been many times- and love some of the pizza's, but I wish they changed them up more- or had specialty pizza's. Variety is always nice.Special Features:
- great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2014very good pizza, laid back atmosphere, perfect for a casual lunch or dinner with friends or kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!ChloeDined on 30/5/2014Very good pizzas, interesting menu, good wines, good value for the money, amazing decoration and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.