Terminal 5, Wellington Road
Hounslow, TW6 2GANeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/planefood
- Phone: 02088974545
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday:
Breakfast: 5.30am – 10.30am
Lunch & Dinner: 10.30am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Cesar Bartolini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
No time to sit down? A Plane Picnic is the perfect solution. Grab a delicious Gordon Ramsay picnic with everything that you need in one small, carry-on bag and enjoy onboard at your leisure.
A word from Plane Food
A retreat from the hustle and bustle of Heathrow's Terminal 5, Plane Food offers guests a wide choice of dining options. So whether you have hours to spare or your time is limited, Plane Food is the perfect dining destination before your flight. Plane Food picnics are also available for guests to take on board and enjoy at their leisure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBrunch
Plane Food - Best restaurants in Heathrow ›
Plane Food reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since 25 October 2013
brunch (33)business meals (31)fit for foodies (20)child friendly (11)special occasions (9)disabled access (8)good vegetarian options (7)group bookings (7)outstanding value (5)sunday lunch (2)afternoon tea (1)outdoor eating (1)romance (1)Show More
- Good food but staff so miserable!BagsterDined on 18/10/2014This is not obviously meant for a posher meal before a flight. We were looking forward to trying this place and the food did not disappoint. What did disappoint was the service. Something seriously wrong for all the staff to be so obviously grumpy to the point where food and drinks are thrown on the table.Special Features:
- OverratedDinerioDined on 17/10/2014The view was the only thing we have enjoyed. The place was filthy, the decor used and the food (classic breakfast) mediocre. Does Gordon know that this Restaurant uses his name?
- Tip when busyPacoDined on 9/10/2014the restaurant was giving people a minimum 30- 45min wait, while seating was immediately available booking online- worth keeping in mind if you're stuck at Heathrow because your flight's delayed. When we sat down we were a little surprised to find half te tables empty. Otherwise, service and food as expected.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The staff were miserable - our main course was delivered before our starters were even cleared away and when we pointed this out there was no apology absolutely nothing. For what we paid I think the overall experience was dreadful bearing in mind it's Gordon Ramsay.Special Features:
- KgbeDined on 27/9/2014To be automatically charged for service when the service was not great was the thing that put us off most...not enough staff? ..an example....we had our food long before our drinks..if we'd not been feeling charitable because we were going on holiday, we would have deducted it...what incentive is there for good service if the charge is automatic...service charges should be earned!
- delicious food fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014Welcome addition to airport hussle. The food was delicious. Fast service. Good service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service are miles apartDontExpectServiceDined on 25/9/2014Service was completely lacking from the start. It was only the delicious food that redeemed the situation. When I arrived no one was at the host desk so I walked in further until i found another desk which I thought might be the actual host desk. A waiter told me to go back to the entrance and someone will direct me. As I was telling him no one was there, a manager came out the kitchen so I told him I had a reservation but no one was there to seat me. He showed me to my table where I waited about 15min before someone came to offer me a drink. When the bread came I asked for olive oil and balsamic vinegar & was brought normal black vinegar after at least another 15min of waiting... There is more but my character limit has been reached.Special Features:
- Good......but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014....as with many top restaurants, the portions sizes are just too small. I've been the last 3 times I've flown from Heathrow - this time, I decided to order two portions of Eggs Benedict. Now, I'm not a large man, but two portions was perfect!Special Features:
- Riding the wave of the Ramsey nameWespDined on 17/9/2014Not a great dinner experience! I pre booked the table and was escorted in upon arrival instead of waiting around for a table. However, when seated, the table had been cleaned but a dirty bread plate and knife were still on the table. Service was okay but nothing spectacular. Food was nice and as expected. You pay a little more than most places but that is to be expected. What you get is great tasting food! Most disappointing is the atmosphere or sheer lack of it! The place was like a morgue full of people seaming ly afraid to speak. A little background music would have helped to make it more memorable visit but this place just has no soul! For that reason I would simply say Don't Bother!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Food good but had to wait for 10 minutes to be seated despite the restaurant not being overly busy. A number of staff noticed me wating to be seated but none acknowledged me. It was also not clear whether you should wait to be seated, with some customers waiting and others queue jumping. All in all not good for the brand!
- Best at Terminal5PaulDined on 1/9/2014We have eaten here before. Nice meal; good service. Started our holiday off on a good note.
- Excellent pre flight breakfastBarney1Dined on 28/8/2014Very children friendly, excellent breakfast, good value and good quality ingredientsSpecial Features:
- Had to move tablesNito124Dined on 23/8/2014We were given a table next to where the dirty trays are collected!! There were plenty of available tables. Strange, so we naturally asked to move tables when we realised. Having now been twice the booth style tables by the entrance are better than the tables in the main restaurant.
- Good foodgarethDined on 20/8/2014Eat here prior to going on our holiday. Arrived earlier than we had booked. Welcomed and were sat to the side while the waiter found us a table. Good selection of.food for breakfast and all my family enjoyed their meals. Lovely way to start off a holidaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cod and PicpoulePieterDined on 16/8/2014Excellent. What these people can do with a piece of cod will send me back to my own kitchen in a very pensive mood. And the creme brulee was the 2nd best of the past five years or so. And they do Picpoule de Pinet ! It isn't even expensive...Special Features:
- Good FoodToddlesDined on 15/8/2014We had breakfast here during a 5 hour layover in heathrow. The food was very good, eggs benedict and florentine cooked perfectly, and breakfast cocktails were very good. Unfortunately it was still airport dining, not as classy as I was expecting.Special Features:
- LadyMDined on 6/8/2014I booked a table at Plane Food for my family; 2 adults, 2 children (8 & 13) and his Mother. I thought Plane Food would be a welcome treat for breakfast to get us in the holiday mood. On arrival we were greeted, not too enthusiastically and taken to our table. We waited around 10 minutes for the drinks and had to call him back to order. After around a 20 minute wait the meals were brought out and we were asked who was having what - i was expecting that they would have known. Mothers breakfast didn't arrive. On asking, repeatedly, it arrived 20 minutes later when we had all finished. No apology was given. She had only ordered poached eggs so clearly they had forgotten. The food itself was fine, not amazing. Not worth the bill at all!
- Best Food in the AirportEduardoDined on 2/8/2014Excelent option at the airport, a place where we oftem find just fast-food and franchise type restaurants. Very convenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDindinsDined on 24/7/2014Having booked online we were a little surprised that the staff had no record of this. We then stood around awkwardly at the front while 2 fairly dosey waiters had a chat at the front. They then found us a table and didn't apolagise for the problem. We ordered 2 mains, and a starter that we'd share and 2 glasses of champagne. The wine took forever to come (about 15mins) and the starter arrived before the wine. We could see 2 bar men just polishing glasses - I felt serving the wine myself! The food was good but not exceptional. The service was poor - the guy was unfriendly. When we got the bill they'd charged us a cover charge - I asked what it was and they said it was for the bread at the beginning. We didn't get any bread though. No tip
- stunningLN101288Dined on 14/7/2014The food we had was brilliant. it was just what we needed before an 8 hour flight. The chocolate tart was especially good. excellent service. Id book BA again, just to use Plane FoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyfalkdinerDined on 11/7/2014Yet another peaceful and enjoyable meal at Plane Food.Special Features:
- Does the Best it CanWestyDined on 4/7/2014We ate here in the eveing before a flight to Sydney so it was great to have a proper sit down meal. The staff were efficient but it is difficult to create any sort of ambience in a departure lounge! Great to have this as an option though!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!susandfwDined on 2/7/2014We ate here during a layover at Heathrow airport. We got there before our reservation but the hostess asked us to wait just a moment and she could accommodate us. They just had a rush leave all at the same time and were working to clean up. We noted they did not finish cleaning all tables while we were there and there were a lot of crumbs on the floor that did not get swept. We didn't wait very long before we were escorted to a table. When we remarked that the sun was in our eyes at the table we were given we were quickly provided with a more comfortable spot. I ordered the Eggs Norwegian and it was AMAZINGLY good. The eggs were poached perfectly, the sauce was marvelous and the smoked salmon was among the best I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good way pass time during layoverRacydinerDined on 30/6/2014We enjoyed to food which was of good quality. Was an enjoyable way to burn time during our four hour lay-over. Service was a bit weak though and if it was not an airport I would have been a bit upsetting. But since we were in an airport we ignored the poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at an Airport!loungeaboutDined on 22/6/2014Amazing Food to make your stay at the airport more relaxed. I really enjoyed the Duck! I look forward to trying their breakfast menu.Special Features:
- A fantastic start to a holiday!Hazel1967Dined on 28/5/2014We decided to eat a good meal before we boarded our flight to Canada. What a good decision that was, the food was fantastic, the service quick and efficient, and although a little pricey, well worth the money. It also meant that we didn't have to eat the awful pap BA served on the plane! I would recommend anyone have a meal here before their flight, we thoroughly enjoyed ours!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/5/2014Normally the service and vale are both outstanding, and I wouldnt hesitate to give the above star rating 5, but this occasion I have to mention: when we ordered our wine, 2 glasses arrived and the waiter was about to open the wine and pour, however, i pointed out that one fo the glasses was totally rank, it looked as though it had been picked up from the bar, used and not washed and was heading to our table as one of the two glasses. It was disgusting. The waiter said he'd speak to the manager. The manager came and he didnt even acknowledge the glass and totally ignored the incident. All I/we wanted was an apology, but we got nothing. And that annoyed us and we felt let down by that. Not even an apology. Poor Show by the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Airport diningPreflighteaterDined on 25/5/2014Easy access , pleasant surroundings with things et see while waiting for the flight. Food was also of a high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentginagDined on 24/5/2014Overall everything was excellent! I had the best three course meal ever. It really made my 7 hour stop over worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, average food. Avoid!ChrisDined on 23/5/2014Do not be fooled by the Gordon Ramsey name. We stopped off for a quick bite to eat before a flight to Paris and won't be bothering again. In spite of the fact that there appeared to be almost as many staff as patrons, the service was diabolical; topped off by the fact that the waiters seemed to find it acceptable to pile dirty plates and leftovers to the side of our table. Food was OK-ish - central London pub fare at best - but at the prices they're charging, I'd avoid like the plague.
- Disappointing serviceWombat9504Dined on 22/5/2014Food Food, but service worse than bad. Waiter very rude, She doesn't care , taking 20 min for dessert, And extra 15 min for bill.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceA432343Dined on 23/4/2014Planned to treat ourselves to Ramsay's restaurant pre-flight, but was quite disappointed. The food was good (as at previous visit), but the service was extremely poor (tea pot delivered without a tea cup; coffee forgotten; table not wiped down from previous diners despite having a reservation; staff not very friendly). Given the food and view, we would like to return, but would only do so if the service improved.
- Plane Food April 2014MC98000Dined on 14/4/2014Very poor on this occasion and nothing positive to say unfortunately despite many previous excellent meals at this restaurant. Tired salt and pepper squid. Sausage and mash good but no better than most pub food. Chicken ceasar salad had a hair in it. Toilets not clean and broken tiles. Service slow and not attentive. Will think twice before returning. Other observations but space does not allow here due to the character limit.
- Great service, one food complaint.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2014The service was excellent and the ambiance was nice. The food was the best I have ever had at an airport. The sea bass was perfectly prepared and the presentation was excellent. Our starter of Schezwan peppered squid was outstanding. The only complaint was with my daughter’s short rib burger, which was too salty (though this did not prevent her from finishing it). We also ordered two of the picnics for our flight. They were quite good and much more to our liking than what was offered by the airline. Overall, it was an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Quick but qualityBenJenDined on 12/4/2014We booked the day before, but arrived early for our booking but they could seat us straight away. The good was filling and superb quality. The only slight issue was how close the tables are together, other than that the experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treat.FoodieDined on 10/4/2014We were passing through Heathrow on our way to Israel and had dinner at Plane Food. The fish and pork belly were outstanding. The General Manager check on us to make sure everything was OK, which was very nice. Just a little expensive, but it was a once in a lifetime treat.Special Features:
- Good airport mealFeedmeeeDined on 5/4/2014I was pleasantly surprised at being able to book Plane Food online, and finding that it wasn't as expensive as we'd thought. Our flight was around midday so we had breakfast here. The English breakfast was pretty good, and the sauces and jams that came with it were of a high quality (not the usual mass produced stuff). I saw other people ordering the burger as we were finishing up and that looked amazing. I would come back here the next time I fly out of Terminal 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, average food,mikey04Dined on 2/4/2014poor service, average food, would definitely not recommend.
- More like plain food!Cat82Dined on 7/3/2014I wish I'd gone to Waggamama's in Terminal 5 as this was a real let down. Very uninteresting fried squid, it needed some aioli or something, and my pasta dish was no better than what I'd get at pizza express, actually probably not as nice. Just really boring food, maybe I ordered the wrong thing but everything should be good at a Ramsay restaurant surely? Service was good, toilets weren't good, overflowing bins etc, annoyed we had to pay £70 for an unforgettable quick dinner before our flight.Special Features:
- Birthday BreakfastMaryCDined on 28/2/2014As it was my husband's birthday I booked a table for breakfast as a treat before we left for a weekend in Madrid. I was amazed that the staff had reserved us a special table with a view of the planes. The staff were very attentive and the manager himself poured our champagne. A wonderful start to a great weekend.I would recommend this to a friend.