Plateau Bar & Grill
4th Flr, Canada Place
London, E14 5ERNeighbourhood:
EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Plateau Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077157100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Allan Pickett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Plateau Bar & Grill
Plateau Bar & Grill is a relaxed and informal dining area with a delicious menu, stunning views and bustling brasserie-style atmosphere. Whether it is friends or family you are treating, a client you wish to impress or colleagues you are thanking for their hard work look no further than the GrillContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Plateau Bar & Grill - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Plateau Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since 21 October 2013
business meals (157)special occasions (105)fit for foodies (73)romance (70)brunch (51)group bookings (50)outstanding value (48)sunday lunch (36)disabled access (24)good vegetarian options (20)pre/post theatre (19)outdoor eating (18)afternoon tea (15)child friendly (12)Show More
- Excellent eveningGary5801Dined on 16/10/2014We attended as a party of 4 on a Thursday evening . We were all very pleased with the experience. Decent sized portions cooked, dressed and presented well. Nicely complementing tastes and flavours. A very comprehensive drinks menu. The house white was, well a house white, but the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was very acceptable. Some of the cocktails were a little off the wall and it did seem that some of the flavours were a little 'thin' Atmosphere was lively without being too intrusive and the service was generally excellent, although our waitress did not know what an Affogato was, but hey, everybody has to learn. Very happy to recommend this as a mid week casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedColmDined on 11/10/2014The setting here is as equally impressive as the main restaurant and the Bar & Grill offers excellent value with a good deal of choice. There were quite reasonably priced wines available here and the overall bill compared very favourable to the meal I enjoyed in the restaurant 1 week previously.Special Features:
- R999VIPDined on 9/10/2014Booked the OpenTable deal of 2 courses and a glass of wine for £15, which was incredibly good value. The food and wine were delicious and the restaurant settling is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikkiabDined on 6/10/2014Very good value. Great dishes and wonderful flavours!Special Features:
- PlateauSG25VIPDined on 3/10/2014Great food and service - esp with the set menu office. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Great venue...food underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/9/2014Not sure what happened this time but my fish chips batter was like that on a corn dog at a county fair. Chips were forgettable. My colleagues' meals were equally underwhelming. Setting and atmosphere is great, but I expected more from the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top classWillwc1Dined on 27/9/2014If you want to dress, impress, wine and dine in pure style - Plateau is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 25/9/2014We went to this restaurant with a work collegue and together enjoyed a lovely meal at a very reasonable price with opentable offer and even the wine was not bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/9/2014Worth trying to book a table by the windows for a great view, particularly in the evenings.Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014I went here with the girls I was impressed with the food on the set menu and pleased with the value when it came with house red wine. Unfortunately we was not pleased with the cocktails which costed £9.50 plus the portion and taste was not what we seemed but other all good the place has a lovely feel and viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewluvlondonfoodDined on 12/9/2014Wonderful location overlooking Canada Sq and surrounded by office night time, makes you feel that your in the hub of the action. Staff allays focussed on keeping you served and comfortable. Has a really good vibe also just at the bar for relaxed drinks good wine list and cocktails.Special Features:
- Great serviceredchrisunitedVIPDined on 11/9/2014I returned to Plateau for a business lunch. An interesting Prix fixe menu made for a good value lunch. The service was first rate.Special Features:
- LovelySh22Dined on 6/9/2014Came to eat but ended up drinking in the terrace because of the lovely atmosphere - steak was lovely and nothing was overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back againguqin77Dined on 6/9/2014Great ambiance for a business lunch! The staff were friendly and free flowing proseco made it all the merrier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badWhitlDined on 3/9/2014Service could be better but it was good that the restaurant was not too full or else I could imagine waiting for a long while for the food. The food were lukewarm when served, when I expected piping hot dishes.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningJudithDined on 28/8/2014I joined the Plateau Grill for dinner and the service was really nice, very friendly. The food was delicious and good value for the money. I like that there are various different areas in the space so that everyone can find the most suitable place (e.g. Bar, Restaurant, Grill, Outdoor dining area etc.)Special Features:
- Great placeCanaryw2012Dined on 21/8/2014Amazing food, staff and ambience, would highly recommendI would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexHVIPDined on 19/8/2014Plateau is just lovely for a get together after work. Lovely food, lovely service and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMissfoodieDined on 16/8/2014Food is good but not fabulous. Great setting and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by serviceBambDined on 16/8/2014We used the two courses for £15 with a glass of wine offer. The food was lovely and I would go back again for that meal and happily pay full price. We also ordered some side dishes from the main menu, and also had a few cocktails. Iv only given two stars overall as the service really let our experience down. We were sat down for almost 15 minutes before anyone came to give us a drink, but she didn't take an actual drink order, she just offered us water. It was another ten minutes before the water came, and a further 5 before a drinks order was actually taken. This only bothered me so much because I had specified on my booking it was a birthday meal. I paid my service charge but did not leave a tip. the restaurant wasn't busySpecial Features:
- wonderful lunchsussexdinerDined on 16/8/2014we had the evening standard menu everything was excellent, really good value, fantastic setting, all staff most helpful and courteous,Special Features:
- Great atmosphereME122Dined on 15/8/2014Great atmosphere and friendly service. Food was delicious but very rich and salty.Special Features:
- EveningcheapskateDined on 13/8/2014On the plus side, the food is good and the service attentive. The wrong dish was brought for the starter but this was quickly rectified. The Evening Standard menu offered a good choice and the wine list had a good range including lower-priced ones. On the negative side, the drinks from the bar were overpriced and the restaurant was extremely noisy. But overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXfoodloverXXXXXDined on 1/8/2014We booked a table for dinner with the specific request of sitting outside in the balcony. However, when we turned up, the staff told us that we cannot dine outside. So we went out for a few drinks. When they came and remind us about the table for dinner and we asked again if we can eat, to which they replied they would check. They came back with a negative answer. However, since we saw the table next to us had tood, we asked someone else again, who said we can. Then we asked him to double check if that's the case as we were told otherwise. He assured that we could....=> this whole internally policy is not be well communicated between staff was a bit drawback for the standard of service. Not at all expected as being a regular there.Special Features:
- LUNCH WITH SISTER & MUM & FRIENDSDebiDoesDealDined on 1/8/2014Bit disappointing today steak was over-seasoned then replacement steak was like old rubber - Waitress was under pressure therefore waiting time for drinks and food was lengthy and people had to go back to work - But the 'complained about' food was removed from the bill.Special Features:
- Business dinnerParisiaDined on 31/7/2014Love the place, the food was very good. Just be aware it is a business place mainly so let the shorts and sandals behind you.
- Enjoy the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 29/7/2014we had a lovely dinner for two, and the staff couldn't have been more gracious. The dining deal was a good one, so we treated ourselves to yummy cocktails - pricey but worth it, considering we were saving elsewhere. Ask for the rosemary bread with butter, it is delicious. My only complaint was that the beans weren't cooked quite enough, in the chicken dish.
- Great Saturday lunchLauraMDined on 26/7/2014My friend and I had a lovely Saturday lunch here. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The set price lunch with free flowing bubbles was terrific value.Special Features:
- Impressive lunchEnjoySomeFoodDined on 22/7/2014Recently visited Plateau for a team lunch with colleagues, the staff were polite, charming and respectful. The food was incredible, I recommend the Ox Cheek! They have a great offer of 2 courses for £15 with a well sized glass of Pimms! Almost forgot to mention, the restaurant is situated at the top of the building with a fantastic view of One Canada Square and the surrounding area.Special Features:
- CWdinerDined on 21/7/2014Went for lunch with colleagues and had the 2 course set menu. Food and service was excellent. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- great saturday brunchMadeiraDined on 19/7/2014had a great time on Saturday 19th for brunch unlimted drink food and service was great have told friends already about the brunch and they will be trying it feel you should keep this going and not just till augustSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!MrsStanleyDined on 18/7/2014I dined at Plateau for a girls night out and we had a very nice experience. The food was delicious and great value. The wait for our food was a little slow but it was a busy Friday night so this can be forgiven. Would definitely return. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere and serviceDaniDined on 16/7/2014I've been here before with a friend and thought I would come back again. They ran out of the salted caramel ice cream and tart which I was very upset about, but that just shows you how GOOD it is. I didn't like my main it had no flavour. In my opinion this place is great for drinks and dessert. Oh and I had the BEST waitress ever, I would seriously come back just for her, I think her name was Hanna (a Chinese lady).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect business lunch venue...MissFussyDined on 16/7/2014I often recommend this venue to colleagues and suppliers for business lunches. The food is always delicious (I've never had a bad dish at Plateau!) and perfectly sized so that you can enjoy 3 x courses without feeling too bloated or full! If you're a group of lads with a huge appetite perhaps this wouldn't be the place to eat, but if you're looking for a restaurant with a varied menu, delicious(and sometimes unusual!) food, good service and is not too noisy then this is a great place to have a business lunch. I like the fact they offer the occasional set menus on special too i.e. 2 x courses and a PIMMS for £15 is a deal not to be missed!Special Features:
- Great experience!KeckyBubuDined on 11/7/2014A thoroughly enjoyable experience from the moment we stepped in and were warmly greeted by the hostess. We had a drink at the bar first and were not rushed at all. Everyone was so friendly and genuine. Our cocktails were expertly made and a great warm up to the main event...the food! We went for the 2 course offer menu and were not disappointed. Presentation impeccable and the combination of flavours were delicious. The menu choices were comprehensive and good value for money. Add to that the slick, modern interior and impressive views and we had ourselves a very enjoyable date night! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plateau Pimms Lunch DealYanniDined on 9/7/2014Had 3 courses and a glass of Pimms for £20. Enough variety on the menu and great quality food too. Nice relaxed pace for lunch, and a great view too. Classy, but relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all roundTeeShweetyDined on 4/7/2014Friday 4th July. I had dinner with a friend of mine using the 2 courses for £15 offer and yet we were treated as if we spent £100 per head. The waitress (tall lady with a bit of a European accent) was exceptional. She even had the bartender make me a mocktail as she saw I was pregnant. I would definitely be returning to eat here. 5 starts all round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trevorpDined on 4/7/2014Good food and service as ever. Reasonable prices, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with OT offer!eweyDined on 27/6/2014Always nice to come back to Plateau for a meal - especially with an offer! I have been several times before, and always enjoyed the food and environment. Portions size are fine, and food is delicious - recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch set menu offerMitsDined on 23/6/2014Slightly limited menu offerings but food was of good quality and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features: