4th Flr, Canada Place
London, E14 5ERNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077157100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Allan Pickett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Monthly wine club and other tastings.
A word from Plateau Restaurant
Plateau sits in a prime fourth floor location at the top of Canada Place, opposite Canary Wharf tower. The stylish, futuristic restaurant offers awe-inspiring views of the surrounding cityscape. A principal feature of the restaurant is the part glazed ceiling which swathes the space in reflected natural light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Plateau Restaurant - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Plateau Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since 3 June 2014
business meals (169)special occasions (159)romance (116)fit for foodies (115)group bookings (63)outstanding value (40)brunch (27)disabled access (26)good vegetarian options (25)sunday lunch (21)outdoor eating (20)afternoon tea (19)pre/post theatre (17)child friendly (8)Show More
- dissapointing dinnertezzaDined on 27/9/2014We thought we would give canary wharf ago instead of dinning in the west end like normal. it was a last minute booking and decided to try it, we were put on a table near a noisy group of ten people continually on their phones, as we looked around we noticed there were quite a few dinners also using there phones. my starter of summer salad was a plate of mixed leaves with dressing, very disappointing. my main was fish which was ok, but there was quite a bit of oil on my plate, dessert was nice. my husband had cod for starter and said it tasted bland and again the portion was small, his main was guinea fowl and he was happy, dessert was cheesecake and it was good. as for the service you could not fault, they were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJamesADined on 26/9/2014Although I have been to Plauteau numerous times, I'm always somehow surprised at just how good the food and service are. Everyone from the excellent bar staff to the waiters and welcoming staff are outstanding and actually seem happy to be there; they remember your name (or drink) and it becomes a favourite after only a few visits. It's a great spot in the Wharf and although it's not cheap you still feel you've had value for what you experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerNJGLonVIPDined on 26/9/2014I took a relative out for a special occassion (they were visiting London after 18 months). We ate from the speical offer 4 course menu menu which had an excellent selection at a very reasonable price. A glass of sparkling wine was also included. My guest also had a glass of Montepulciano along with the main course (suggested by the waiter) to go with the slow-cookd beef rib. The service was very friendly and they allowed us enough time to sort out our order and converse comfortably. I always enjoy dining at Plateau Restaurant. You can easily hear your companions speaking!Special Features:
- Good value for great foodamieDined on 26/9/2014Great food really enjoyed it, apart from one of the waiter made few silly jokes on my friend, she got rather annoyed. The waiter did come back to apologies, but overall services were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service fabxxxxDined on 24/9/2014Service was outstanding. Good value voucher. Beautiful ambience. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/9/2014I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. The whole experience was good from when we entered the restaurant until we left. The service and food were first class. I will be definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seejayDined on 20/9/2014I took my wife and children here for my wife's birthday dinner. Walking in I was nervous this could have been a mistake as it looked like a sophisticated, adults only type of place but the staff did not bat an eyelid. They were wonderful with them. The food was excellent and the service fantastic. Excellent value for money as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealu864443Dined on 20/9/2014From the moment we arrived we were taken care of. The superb food and wine matched the elegant atmosphere with attentive and friendly staff.Special Features:
- A + ServiceEG2014Dined on 19/9/2014The service was spetacular, 100% attention to detail and extremelly polite and professional team. The food was also very nice with an impressive wine menu worth trying all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/9/2014My first visit but most differently not my last, the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Plateau - Menu GourmandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We were made very welcome toa lively bar area on arrival where their signature cocktails were outstanding. Moving through to the restaurant area with the stunning view of Canada Square there was plenty of choice on the menu from the set menu through to the a la carte and taster menu. great friendly service supported by delicious food made it a very special evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding!HappyladyDined on 9/9/2014We went for our friends birthday, and i have to say, this is one of the most incredible restaurants. Our waiter was fantastic, with excellent knowledge on the food and wine. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and i felt very comfortable. The view was amazing, and all the staff were extremely attentive. Thank you Plateau, you were amazing!Special Features:
- Dinner at PlateauSpinyfishVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very reliable restaurant - Becoming a regular haunt. Precise, refined cooking and excellent service - Particularly from the excellent sommelierSpecial Features:
- Friday night at PlateauLiisaDined on 5/9/2014Had a lovely dinner at Plateau. Found it by looking for restaurants with a view. Unfortunately, we were placed behind a very large pillar and not much too look at. Good ambience, delicious food, tasty wine. Luca, our host for the evening, most personable, as was the wine man and an other gentleman. There was some confusion when our mains came out, the wrong dishes and side of veg. No big deal to us, but they felt badly and made it up to us on the bill. They obviously care about the service. It was a simple mistake. Will definitely go back, but will request a table near the window and finally get to enjoy the sight!Special Features:
- Another great mealPaddingtonDined on 4/9/2014Plateau is always my first choice for taking friends/relatives for a treat. Never yet let me down. Food is value for money and the service is always attentive but not intrusive - whatever we are wearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner for special occasionNaouelDined on 1/9/2014I booked a table at the Plateau restaurant for our 2 years wedding anniversary. It was MAGICAL and ROMANTIC! We had a great table with a magnificent view in the heart of Canary Wharf. The drinks, the food were excellent - my compliments to the chef! But what made our night so perfect was the service! Very attentive personnel. They took amazing care of us - making sure we had everything we needed. And at the end of our meal they came to us with a very touching gift to congratulate us on our anniversary - a delicious cupcake and a candle. I was soooo happy and moved. It was a real surprise. Thank you again for the perfect dinner and your kindness. I will never forget this night. :) We will come back again, again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one to revisitpipparDined on 30/8/2014My husband has had several jobs in Canary Wharf and had been to Plateau previously with business associates. Finally,after,ten years of asking,he brought me along too. It is a very sizeable restaurant with a large,comfortable bar area. We were dining on the toptable deal which provided 4 courses and a glass of sparkling wine for £30. My mushroom soup,or veloute as posh people like to call it,was really delicious as was my pasta main course. I was a little disappointed in the dessert as it was a rather dry pear tart which would have been nicer served a bit warmer. Our waiter for the evening, Daniele,was excellent. He was very charming and friendly.Special Features:
- Great place for relaxed timeHappyluncherDined on 29/8/2014My daughter and I went to the restaurant for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The food was delicious and the service impeccable and unassuming. We were left to eat at our own pace - taking over 2 hours - and at no time did we feel any pressure to hurry or vacate our table. The complimentary cupcake and candle was an added special touch. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereLENADined on 29/8/2014Had lunch with a friend at Plateau. Food is always great with lovely ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favouritejohnDined on 28/8/2014WE love this place and it is full of life. ambiance is great, service very attentive. With evening standard meal offer it is great value. WE just come back from France and been to south in July, and North in Aug, this place brings us good memory of France . Will be back >>>>>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outSteveDined on 28/8/2014Decided to try Plateau for my wife's 30th birthday. We were warmly greeted upon arrival even though we were a few minutes late. The service was excellent. Keeping the table clear from clutter and keeping us fed and watered all evening. We had a 4 course set menu. Each course was the right proportion, served at the right time and we were sufficiently suffonsified by the end of the evening. The food tasted amazing! My wife was very pleased with her surprise evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heatherDined on 27/8/2014the staff are quite exceptional and made the entire evening special. They could not have done more to support the disabled guest to ensure they had the same comfort as others in the party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 'Evening Standard' menumaryrichandsandDined on 26/8/2014Four course meal, priced £30, including a glass of 'Fizz'. Choice of four starters, five mains, just one cheese, truffle brie and four desserts. Superb surroundings, with views, overlooking central Canary Wharf. Prompt and courteous service. Good choice of wines either by glass or bottle [extra] Starters interesting and well presented. Mains well cooked and again, well presented with interesting desserts. All from a 'Special Menu' which seemed to be the Restaurant's main menu, but slightly smaller portions or presented less flamboyantly. Excellent value and we came away well sated.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, outstanding serviceHewzyDined on 22/8/2014My partner and I visited The Plateau, on a busy Friday in August, 2014, and sampled the Menu Gourmand , with wine. The moment we arrived the level of service and attention we received truly made us feel special and very welcomed. Our waiter Peitro was amazing and made us feel like the only couple in the restaurant, despite a busy, ambient atmosphere. Equally, the wine paired with each dish was absolutely lovely as was each explanation of why the wine had been chosen to accompany each dish. Not only was the wine amazing - so was the food, in all 6 course, we would both highly recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting to experience great food and wine coupled with outstanding levels of service.Special Features:
- Great value for 4 courses!chowdellDined on 22/8/2014Took my fiancée for the 4 course offer includes a glass of fizz. Great food, excellent service and good VFM. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLennartHDined on 18/8/2014The food was excellent. We had the ES menu and at 30 £ incl. a glass of champagne it was great value. Service was attentive yet friendly and relaxed. The views of Canary Wharf are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and outstanding foodTednKelDined on 16/8/2014Lovely reception, attentive staff. Lovely wine and cocktails. 6 courses of flavour cooked to perfection. Great night.Special Features:
- HoneychildDined on 16/8/2014Beautiful setting and atmosphere. Friendly staff made you feel extremely relaxed. Food was lovely and filling. A lovely venue for any occasion.Special Features:
- Sensible venue for business lunch.DeejbeeDined on 14/8/2014This is a good place for a business lunch which requires discretion and calm that cannot be catered for by a closely packed noise venue. The food is very good, service unobtrusive and turnaround time is quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb evening at PlateauFoodDined on 11/8/2014Just one of the nicest restaurants - the staff are wonderful and always make a point of coming up to say hello and always pleased to see one. The Evening Standard menu is such good value and the champagne particularly good this time! Don't miss this wonderful opportunity for fine dining at a very reasonable price. One of the party said his pudding was the best ever!Special Features:
- Enjoyable and very good valueAli73Dined on 9/8/2014We always ask for the set menu - as well as making it easier to choose, it offers excellent value for a very enjoyable evening in nice surroundings. The food was not OTT but well executed and good balance of flavours.Special Features:
- Essex couplelovexfoodDined on 9/8/2014Another box ticked on my wife's bucket list. As it was so good we will be returning again and again. Waiting staff were very attentive to all our needs. The food was excellent. The atmosphere in the Garden area was brilliant, spacious and delightfully decorated. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMazreviewDined on 8/8/2014I arrived for a dinner with a friend. Nice table, not very busy. Small cake with a sparkler arrived as it was my birthday. Quick service, staff were attentive. Toilets clean. A big pricey but nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Taster menu is a hit!JAC001Dined on 7/8/2014Had the Taster menu, with matching wine option, and simply put, it was excellent!!! It's not cheap, but well worth it for a special occasion. All six courses were really good, but the risotto and the beef were superb. Some really good wine choices throughout the evening.Special Features:
- A fabulous place with great people!Minsreview2014Dined on 1/8/2014Went here on a Friday night celebrating a birthday with 2 girlfriends. We had the ES special menu that was 3 courses plus a glass on bubbly for £30, that was great value for money. All the staff were superb - individual, knowledgeable & explained the menu, without intruding on conversation. The food was excellent, the decor is cool, but the special mention has to be for the staff that really go way beyond the standard to deliver a good experience. The waiter was superb, professional, but such fun! And brought a cupcake with a candle for the b'day girl! I've come here for business lunch before and was concerned that a Friday night may be lifeless and empty - this isn't the case and the restaurant was still buzzing when we left at 10.30pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmospheric and friendly restaurantVeggieQueenDined on 1/8/2014Lovely restaurant with good choice of vegetarian dishes and very attentive waiters. We sat outside on the terrace surrounded by lots of plants which made the dining experience very pleasurable. Good views of Canary Wharf from the restaurant. All in all, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business mealgoodfood4meDined on 28/7/2014I went to this restaurant for a business discussion. We were booked at 8.15pm and were welcomed on arrival and shown to our seat immediately. The waiter was attentive (in fact too attentive, hence the 3 stars for service). The food was very good, we chose a lebanese red wine which was full bodied and easy to drink (appearently a new addition to the wine list). As it was a late meal and a Tuesday, the restaurant was not full, but there was a nice buzz to it. Although we weren't in a window seat, you could still see the view across Canary Wharf. As far as service is concerned, everything turned up quickly and was well presented. I just wish the waiter did not keep coming back to check everything was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise DinnerSarebee21Dined on 26/7/2014I took my partner to Plateau for a surprise dinner and was very impressed with the decor, food but most importantly the service. We had a beautiful meal at a fantastic table that over looked Canada Sqare Park. But everyone was so incredibly friendly and helpful - our waiters really did make the night for us. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlateauScottyDined on 26/7/2014Had the four course set meal for £30. Was good value and the food was fantastic. Ate outside on the glassed-in balcony which was beautiful on a balmy evening. Only slight negative was that some of the accents of the staff were very difficult to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business-oriented but excellentNishmooDined on 21/7/2014The place is a little geared towards businesspeople, not surprising given its excellent location in Canary Wharf. However, no matter what you're going there for, the food (and wine) is excellent, the staff attentive but not pushy and the ambience truly special. Would definitely recommend it again, and their lunchtime menu is very good value considering the high quality of their fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.