4th Flr, Canada Place
London, E14 5ERNeighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077157100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Allan Pickett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Monthly wine club and other tastings.
A word from Plateau Restaurant
Plateau sits in a prime fourth floor location at the top of Canada Place, opposite Canary Wharf tower. The stylish, futuristic restaurant offers awe-inspiring views of the surrounding cityscape. A principal feature of the restaurant is the part glazed ceiling which swathes the space in reflected natural light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Plateau Restaurant - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Plateau Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since 20 May 2014
business meals (166)special occasions (158)romance (114)fit for foodies (112)group bookings (62)outstanding value (40)brunch (27)disabled access (26)good vegetarian options (25)sunday lunch (22)outdoor eating (19)afternoon tea (18)pre/post theatre (16)child friendly (7)Show More
- Plateau - Menu GourmandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We were made very welcome toa lively bar area on arrival where their signature cocktails were outstanding. Moving through to the restaurant area with the stunning view of Canada Square there was plenty of choice on the menu from the set menu through to the a la carte and taster menu. great friendly service supported by delicious food made it a very special evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding!HappyladyDined on 9/9/2014We went for our friends birthday, and i have to say, this is one of the most incredible restaurants. Our waiter was fantastic, with excellent knowledge on the food and wine. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and i felt very comfortable. The view was amazing, and all the staff were extremely attentive. Thank you Plateau, you were amazing!Special Features:
- Dinner at PlateauSpinyfishVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very reliable restaurant - Becoming a regular haunt. Precise, refined cooking and excellent service - Particularly from the excellent sommelierSpecial Features:
- Friday night at PlateauLiisaDined on 5/9/2014Had a lovely dinner at Plateau. Found it by looking for restaurants with a view. Unfortunately, we were placed behind a very large pillar and not much too look at. Good ambience, delicious food, tasty wine. Luca, our host for the evening, most personable, as was the wine man and an other gentleman. There was some confusion when our mains came out, the wrong dishes and side of veg. No big deal to us, but they felt badly and made it up to us on the bill. They obviously care about the service. It was a simple mistake. Will definitely go back, but will request a table near the window and finally get to enjoy the sight!Special Features:
- Another great mealPaddingtonDined on 4/9/2014Plateau is always my first choice for taking friends/relatives for a treat. Never yet let me down. Food is value for money and the service is always attentive but not intrusive - whatever we are wearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner for special occasionNaouelDined on 1/9/2014I booked a table at the Plateau restaurant for our 2 years wedding anniversary. It was MAGICAL and ROMANTIC! We had a great table with a magnificent view in the heart of Canary Wharf. The drinks, the food were excellent - my compliments to the chef! But what made our night so perfect was the service! Very attentive personnel. They took amazing care of us - making sure we had everything we needed. And at the end of our meal they came to us with a very touching gift to congratulate us on our anniversary - a delicious cupcake and a candle. I was soooo happy and moved. It was a real surprise. Thank you again for the perfect dinner and your kindness. I will never forget this night. :) We will come back again, again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one to revisitpipparDined on 30/8/2014My husband has had several jobs in Canary Wharf and had been to Plateau previously with business associates. Finally,after,ten years of asking,he brought me along too. It is a very sizeable restaurant with a large,comfortable bar area. We were dining on the toptable deal which provided 4 courses and a glass of sparkling wine for £30. My mushroom soup,or veloute as posh people like to call it,was really delicious as was my pasta main course. I was a little disappointed in the dessert as it was a rather dry pear tart which would have been nicer served a bit warmer. Our waiter for the evening, Daniele,was excellent. He was very charming and friendly.Special Features:
- Great place for relaxed timeHappyluncherDined on 29/8/2014My daughter and I went to the restaurant for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The food was delicious and the service impeccable and unassuming. We were left to eat at our own pace - taking over 2 hours - and at no time did we feel any pressure to hurry or vacate our table. The complimentary cupcake and candle was an added special touch. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- one of our favouritejohnDined on 28/8/2014WE love this place and it is full of life. ambiance is great, service very attentive. With evening standard meal offer it is great value. WE just come back from France and been to south in July, and North in Aug, this place brings us good memory of France . Will be back >>>>>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outSteveDined on 28/8/2014Decided to try Plateau for my wife's 30th birthday. We were warmly greeted upon arrival even though we were a few minutes late. The service was excellent. Keeping the table clear from clutter and keeping us fed and watered all evening. We had a 4 course set menu. Each course was the right proportion, served at the right time and we were sufficiently suffonsified by the end of the evening. The food tasted amazing! My wife was very pleased with her surprise evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heatherDined on 27/8/2014the staff are quite exceptional and made the entire evening special. They could not have done more to support the disabled guest to ensure they had the same comfort as others in the party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 'Evening Standard' menumaryrichandsandDined on 26/8/2014Four course meal, priced £30, including a glass of 'Fizz'. Choice of four starters, five mains, just one cheese, truffle brie and four desserts. Superb surroundings, with views, overlooking central Canary Wharf. Prompt and courteous service. Good choice of wines either by glass or bottle [extra] Starters interesting and well presented. Mains well cooked and again, well presented with interesting desserts. All from a 'Special Menu' which seemed to be the Restaurant's main menu, but slightly smaller portions or presented less flamboyantly. Excellent value and we came away well sated.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, outstanding serviceHewzyDined on 22/8/2014My partner and I visited The Plateau, on a busy Friday in August, 2014, and sampled the Menu Gourmand , with wine. The moment we arrived the level of service and attention we received truly made us feel special and very welcomed. Our waiter Peitro was amazing and made us feel like the only couple in the restaurant, despite a busy, ambient atmosphere. Equally, the wine paired with each dish was absolutely lovely as was each explanation of why the wine had been chosen to accompany each dish. Not only was the wine amazing - so was the food, in all 6 course, we would both highly recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting to experience great food and wine coupled with outstanding levels of service.Special Features:
- Great value for 4 courses!chowdellDined on 22/8/2014Took my fiancée for the 4 course offer includes a glass of fizz. Great food, excellent service and good VFM. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLennartHDined on 18/8/2014The food was excellent. We had the ES menu and at 30 £ incl. a glass of champagne it was great value. Service was attentive yet friendly and relaxed. The views of Canary Wharf are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and outstanding foodTednKelDined on 16/8/2014Lovely reception, attentive staff. Lovely wine and cocktails. 6 courses of flavour cooked to perfection. Great night.Special Features:
- HoneychildDined on 16/8/2014Beautiful setting and atmosphere. Friendly staff made you feel extremely relaxed. Food was lovely and filling. A lovely venue for any occasion.Special Features:
- Sensible venue for business lunch.DeejbeeDined on 14/8/2014This is a good place for a business lunch which requires discretion and calm that cannot be catered for by a closely packed noise venue. The food is very good, service unobtrusive and turnaround time is quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb evening at PlateauFoodDined on 11/8/2014Just one of the nicest restaurants - the staff are wonderful and always make a point of coming up to say hello and always pleased to see one. The Evening Standard menu is such good value and the champagne particularly good this time! Don't miss this wonderful opportunity for fine dining at a very reasonable price. One of the party said his pudding was the best ever!Special Features:
- Enjoyable and very good valueAli73Dined on 9/8/2014We always ask for the set menu - as well as making it easier to choose, it offers excellent value for a very enjoyable evening in nice surroundings. The food was not OTT but well executed and good balance of flavours.Special Features:
- Essex couplelovexfoodDined on 9/8/2014Another box ticked on my wife's bucket list. As it was so good we will be returning again and again. Waiting staff were very attentive to all our needs. The food was excellent. The atmosphere in the Garden area was brilliant, spacious and delightfully decorated. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMazreviewDined on 8/8/2014I arrived for a dinner with a friend. Nice table, not very busy. Small cake with a sparkler arrived as it was my birthday. Quick service, staff were attentive. Toilets clean. A big pricey but nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Taster menu is a hit!JAC001Dined on 7/8/2014Had the Taster menu, with matching wine option, and simply put, it was excellent!!! It's not cheap, but well worth it for a special occasion. All six courses were really good, but the risotto and the beef were superb. Some really good wine choices throughout the evening.Special Features:
- A fabulous place with great people!Minsreview2014Dined on 1/8/2014Went here on a Friday night celebrating a birthday with 2 girlfriends. We had the ES special menu that was 3 courses plus a glass on bubbly for £30, that was great value for money. All the staff were superb - individual, knowledgeable & explained the menu, without intruding on conversation. The food was excellent, the decor is cool, but the special mention has to be for the staff that really go way beyond the standard to deliver a good experience. The waiter was superb, professional, but such fun! And brought a cupcake with a candle for the b'day girl! I've come here for business lunch before and was concerned that a Friday night may be lifeless and empty - this isn't the case and the restaurant was still buzzing when we left at 10.30pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmospheric and friendly restaurantVeggieQueenDined on 1/8/2014Lovely restaurant with good choice of vegetarian dishes and very attentive waiters. We sat outside on the terrace surrounded by lots of plants which made the dining experience very pleasurable. Good views of Canary Wharf from the restaurant. All in all, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business mealgoodfood4meDined on 28/7/2014I went to this restaurant for a business discussion. We were booked at 8.15pm and were welcomed on arrival and shown to our seat immediately. The waiter was attentive (in fact too attentive, hence the 3 stars for service). The food was very good, we chose a lebanese red wine which was full bodied and easy to drink (appearently a new addition to the wine list). As it was a late meal and a Tuesday, the restaurant was not full, but there was a nice buzz to it. Although we weren't in a window seat, you could still see the view across Canary Wharf. As far as service is concerned, everything turned up quickly and was well presented. I just wish the waiter did not keep coming back to check everything was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise DinnerSarebee21Dined on 26/7/2014I took my partner to Plateau for a surprise dinner and was very impressed with the decor, food but most importantly the service. We had a beautiful meal at a fantastic table that over looked Canada Sqare Park. But everyone was so incredibly friendly and helpful - our waiters really did make the night for us. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlateauScottyDined on 26/7/2014Had the four course set meal for £30. Was good value and the food was fantastic. Ate outside on the glassed-in balcony which was beautiful on a balmy evening. Only slight negative was that some of the accents of the staff were very difficult to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business-oriented but excellentNishmooDined on 21/7/2014The place is a little geared towards businesspeople, not surprising given its excellent location in Canary Wharf. However, no matter what you're going there for, the food (and wine) is excellent, the staff attentive but not pushy and the ambience truly special. Would definitely recommend it again, and their lunchtime menu is very good value considering the high quality of their fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Over bearing service.GoodFoodGoodTimeDined on 19/7/2014My partner and I enjoyed the 4 course set meal and found the food and overall experience to be very good. It could have been better however if the environment had been significantly quieter (although, that was a result of other patrons). The dining experience would have been a little more enjoyable if we hadn't been subjected to the 'over-friendly' service staff we had that night. I work in silver service and have experienced it elsewhere, although others may enjoy this friendly and personal service, I am much more used to a very professional and formal service in such an environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlateauLavenderDined on 19/7/2014The staff were attentive, but sometime too much so. They kept forcing water and wine on us, presumably so that the bill would be higher, but we were already spending a lot of money in a group of six. The food was very well prepared but this way of trying to push us into spending more rather spoilt the experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKonstantinosDined on 17/7/2014I just had my wedding anniversary dinner and everything, from the minute we walked in till the time we leave, was exceptional. The food and the service was flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/7/2014We went as the sun was setting and it provided a beautiful light in the restaurant with a view over Canary Wharf. Was there to celebrate my graduation & I think it was the perfect restaurant for it!Special Features:
- Excellent diner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2014Staying at the Hilton Canary Wharf for a weekend trip (O2 arena visit), we wanted to have dinner in the area on our night off. Plateau seemed like a good deal (only 30 pounds for 4 courses and 1 glass of sparkling wine). And it turned out to be a great choice. Although only half full (was to be expected on a Saturday night in this area), the ambience was good and lively. Staff was professional, friendly and the menu was even better than expected (always a bit cautious of "deals" in big city restaurants...). We got in at 8pm and left after 11pm - so me and my wife had a great night out. Not hasty (like you would have in the central LDN where they would do at least 2 or 3 couverts per night per table), decent food and good service.Special Features:
- Good value dealfoodlover101Dined on 30/6/2014Cool cocktail menu. Old fashioned was missing some fruit peel bit that's just me being a snob. Good value 4 course deal - all very nice. Favourite was the dessert of salted caramel/chocolate torte/honeycomb. Staff polite and attentive. Restaurant area very light, spacious and with big windows out onto Cabot square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done PlateauMSWRDined on 28/6/2014Great meal. Great service. Nicely paced. Attentive unobtrusive service. Set menu delightful. Suggested it to visiting friends and they thoroughly enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- Amazing vibeMrandMrsBearDined on 26/6/2014Attentive without feeling overwhelmed or intrusive, welcoming & nothing is ever too much trouble.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceSimonDined on 26/6/2014I visit this restaurant several times a year and am always impressed at how they maintain a high standard of cooking and excellent service. Had the set menu which had great choices and delivered on the flavours. As always, the service is impressive and better than most michelin-starred west end restaurants. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Spectacular locationChairmanJROVIPDined on 24/6/2014This was my first visit to Plateau, - But it definitely won't be my last. The location is spectacular, overlooking Canary Wharf and Canada Square Park, with floor to ceiling windows all round letting you enjoy the view. I'd booked on the fab terrace, with the astroturf grassy lawn, the beautiful fresh air from the open roof, (and the protection of the glass windows and canopy, in case the British weather doesn't play ball). Impeccable service, and an exquisite four course dinner, - it's really difficult to fault. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Plateau wowed us as alwaysManosDined on 20/6/2014My fiancée and I booked Plateau for a date, taking advantage of the 4 courses & sparkling wine offer. We were struck by the courtesy of the Plateau staff. They accommodated dietary requirements as well as preferences: we could not resist the gazpacho, which was delightfully juicy and only slightly sweet! We had fish: the cod with beans and chorizo tasted heartwarming and robust, and the silver mullet with olive pate and salad was delightfully tangy and meaty. After an interlude of truffled cheese (welcome at the time but not memorable now) came dessert. Chocolate honeycomb cheesecake with coffee ice cream and lemon tart with raspberry sorbet - both beautifully balanced desserts, although one notch less spectacular than the mains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.