4th Flr, Canada Place
London, E14 5ERNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7715 7100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Daniel McGarey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Monthly wine club and other tastings.
A word from Plateau Restaurant
Plateau sits in a prime fourth floor location at the top of Canada Place, opposite Canary Wharf tower. The stylish, futuristic restaurant offers awe-inspiring views of the surrounding cityscape. A principal feature of the restaurant is the part glazed ceiling which swathes the space in reflected natural light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Plateau Restaurant - Best restaurants in Canary Wharf ›
Plateau Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since 27 November 2013
special occasions (182)business meals (178)romance (135)fit for foodies (118)group bookings (65)outstanding value (50)brunch (30)good vegetarian options (30)disabled access (29)sunday lunch (27)outdoor eating (20)pre/post theatre (20)afternoon tea (19)child friendly (10)Show More
- Handy for meetings with KPMGJezzerVIPDined on 24/11/2014Nice airy venue with lots of light. Food is decent enough. Service was exceptionally slow given that the place wasn't busy (it was Monday lunchtime) - must have been some problem with the kitchen as I haven't witnessed this before. The serving staff weren't over-stretched and became quite apologetic. I do find this place gets quite noisy and it can be hard to have a business discussion. They could do with some soft furnishings to absorb some of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had another fantastic time at the Plateau gorgeousFantasticDined on 22/11/2014As usual going to this restaurant is a delight. Food scrumtious, service outstanding, ambience stunning, wine fantastic especially the champagne. We dined in the restaurant, but the Bar and Grill are equally fantastic. The staff, the Manager, the initial greeters are all of such a fantastic standard, courteous and very clean and exact. The facilities are fantastic and they even have two sheltered heated areas on terraces, simple gorgeous and I would highly recommend it to anyone. They have great al-a-carte, but they also have a set tasting menu with wine specific for each course, that is also an absolute delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glamorous treatec2nDined on 22/11/2014I took my friend here as a treat for her 40th birthday. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and with a good combination of flavours. We were recommended a reasonably priced wine, which was of excellent quality. The surroundings were stylish and very glamorous. The staff were extremely attentive without being fawning. Definitely one to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessFraserVIPDined on 17/11/2014We had a lovely lunch at Plateau. Every part of the meal was faultless. Looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedmmmtDined on 14/11/2014Booked this deal of £30 for 4 courses and a glass of bubbly for a Friday night dinner and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the dishes and ingredients. The service was very friendly and attentive and great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average and borederline poorWikiDined on 14/11/2014waiters were friendly and patient with us adding/loosing guests and being slow to order but food was pretty flavourless and unmemorable (e.g. pannacotta), undercooked (chicken) and salty (tomato bread). Overall, not value for money and would not choose to return - alot better restaurants in the area.
- Excellent food and servicenunohDined on 10/11/2014I'm very impressed with the quality of food and service. All the staff is very friendly and a special appreciation for Pietro who was a fantastic waiter that night. All the food and the final plate congratulating my girlfriend was spectacular. I would recommend this restaurant for everyone who wants to celebrate a special occasion. Thanks!Special Features:
- One of our best meals yet @ PlateauManosDined on 10/11/2014The 4-course meal for £30pp is an outrageously good offer. We had the pumpkin veloute to start, delicately but obviously spiced. My fiancée loved it even though she hates star anise. For our mains, my fiancée had the spare beef rib, a surprisingly generous portion that melted in the mouth. I had the seared gurnard (replaced on the day by another fish that was available fresh) with Jerusalem Artichoke and fennel, which was beautifully creamy and meaty. The cheese course was welcome and appropriately small. Desserts were extraordinary. My white chocolate tart was perhaps too rich and sweet, but the pairing with red berry sorbet was pure genius. My fiancée loved her milk chocolate mousse. Service exceeded our already high expectations.Special Features:
- 1st anniversary meal.AJ77Dined on 8/11/2014Was staying in the marriot nearby, found plateau and thought the set meal looked a good deal. It was relaxed with a very good atmosphere, the staff were very attentive even though it was very busy! Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlateauKimberly10Dined on 8/11/2014An amazing night with great food, service and views. We celebrated our anniversary and Plateau made it a truly special evening. Thank you :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Very impressed with the quick and efficient service of all staff members and the food was great. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staffMasterPeteDined on 5/11/2014Myself and father were treated immensely well by Plateau staff. From the moment we stepped from the lift, we were made to feel at home. The food was very nice and the layout of the restaurant is great! Plenty of space in between tables to move around. I would recommend Plateau anytime - really good place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding EveningPaulLDined on 4/11/2014What a night - The ambience was calm and relaxed, the food was to die for and the service...... Well what can i say, if you want to be treated like royalty, then this is the place to be. The staff were the cherry on the top of an awesome evening. I highly recommend this place to anyone. The price was pretty decent, its not cheap here but you do get a good value for money. 10/10Special Features:
- Great Lunch at Canary WharfHailey123Dined on 4/11/2014Great Lunch at Canary Wharf. Had the set menu with wine per glass as recommmended on menu. As usual service was impeccable, and at just the right level of attentiveness. Great table at the window in the restaurant. Wine, starters and fish dish were great. My beef rib slightly disappointing. The oysters going out on other tables looked rather inviting! Any slight disappointment with some aspects of set lunch menu offset by general ambience. Must be the best spot in Canary Wharf for lunch - other than the HSBC boardroom?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but nothing specialCmelsonDined on 4/11/2014Had lunch in the restaurant. Had meal in the grill before which I preferred. quality of the food was ok but you don't get much for the price you pay and atmosphere is better in the bar/grill and better value.Special Features:
- DinekindDined on 3/11/2014Ordered 6 course meal. Food was amazing service was excellent. Explained every course, beverage they served to us. The view is great although it is just 4th floor. Expect for a small slice of birthday cake or in house drink because usually restaurant they serve if you mention it is a Bday dinner on the booking. But overall is still fine, recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic views, great foodFoodie007Dined on 3/11/2014Visited as birthday treat for partner. We were seated promptly and I opted for the four course set menu with him going for the steak. Food was fantastic and although there was a wait of about 35 minutes between the starter and main, the mushroom risotto was the best I've ever had. The steak I was told, was very good too. The prosecco was good quality and came free with my set menu.cocktails were also excellent. Service was a little slow and although every effort was made to be attentive, there were a couple of times where we had to ask for things twice. My partner received a complimentary dessert with a candle as I had called ahead to advise of his birthday. This didnt have his name on as I was told but was still fantastic. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PretentiousMercurioDined on 1/11/2014The food is OK, but not exceptional and certainly not worth the money they ask for. One essentially pays for the setting there.Special Features:
- Weekday lunchDirectoronwheelsDined on 30/10/2014Lovely meal, with attentive service. Good for gluten free. Really useful location for business lunchesSpecial Features:
- Food with a viewDarrendaveDined on 28/10/2014Very nice surroundings, with excellent view across Canada Square and the glass roof. The food was of high quality and prices reasonable, especially for drinks. Children catered for well and I certainly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Superb Evening at this restaurantWhittakers300Dined on 25/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Plateau. The service and food was excellent. I had asked for a nice table and although they were not able to offer us this at the beginning of our meal they offered to move us for the dessert, which was fine with us. They brought out a special surprise too with a piece of cake, candle and special message to congratulate us too. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicetransatlanticcitygirlDined on 25/10/2014Had the 6 course tasting menu. We felt the food was pretty good but the service was terribly slow. We were left without drinks for at least a half hour and had to chase up drinks and the bill. They automatically add 12.5% tip - I know we could have refused but doing so also ruins the mood so we left it. Would not return.
- Great value and viewilovemaguireVIPDined on 24/10/2014£30 for 4 courses and a glass of champagne was excellent. All courses were well proportioned and very tasty - only complaint was that some dishes were flavoured a little strongly i.e. too sweet or salty. All in all, excellent and would come again.
- Great service at Plateu restaurant!LoveFoodDined on 23/10/2014Booked an early dinner to take a client out. Service was really good, maybe even too good. Could do with having more options for dinner, felt like menu was a little limited from what I saw online. Otherwise everything else was great! Would recommend for a date night, business meal or even for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies lunchDrCBEDined on 20/10/2014Meet and great is great at Plateau so welcoming with a luxurious feel. Catch up and chat with good food and service was what we wanted and what we got. May even go again this week for my business and freinds meets.Special Features:
- OutstandingLowestoftfoodiesDined on 18/10/2014This was our second visit to Plateau with different friends and both sets of friends were really impressed with the food, the service and the whole experience. We love the set menu deals especially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb dining experienceScottyDined on 17/10/2014We booked this as we were staying in canary wharf but didn't want a chain restaurant. We went with our 16yr old son who thoroughly the ambience and buzz of the experience. Staff were very friendly,helpful and service was excellent. We had menu of the day,3 courses for ££30 which was oustanding value and food was delicious esp cod,anguinea fowl. Would def return if in area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchJustMeDined on 17/10/2014The food service and location (ie the view!) make this place great for a business lunch or catching up with friends in Canary Wharf The food is imaginative and made from great seasonal ingredients and the service is attentive without being intrusive. The bread is great so stop the carb denial and have some - its worth it !Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience!Nice4meDined on 14/10/2014Really nice place in Canary Wharf surrounded by a business atmosphere where you can have a drink or enjoy a special occasion in a private and romantic venue. Service was friendly and made us feel like being in an informal environment in a nice way. I recently went there for my girlfriend's birthday and it was a really nice evening!:) I 'll definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Brilliant evening at PlateauFoodDined on 13/10/2014As a regular diner at Plateau I always get a great welcome and nothing is too much trouble. It is a delightful room to dine in and the menu always offers a good choice of very well executed dishes and as there is a new chef in place the menu is about to change which I look forward to seeing with interest! I had delicious home cured salmon to start and the excellent beef short ribs and pancetta to finish and my companion had the delicious (her words) mushroom veloutee to start, superb Guinea Fowl and chocolate cheese cake. Phew, we felt very well fed by the end. Do go as it is such good value and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingvintageladyDined on 11/10/2014We were a party of five who go regularly to Plateau, together or not, which has improved out of all recognition from three or four years ago, but on Saturday we felt like we had gone back in time. The food was OK but they had bulked up the small amounts of protein with too much potato or beans (depending on the dish). The service was appalling. It too ages to get our complimentary drink in the bar and the gaps between courses were too long. The restaurant wasn't full although there was a large private party there. There just didn't seem to be enough staff on duty. Pull your socks up, Plateau!Special Features:
- Overall GoodEKWCDined on 10/10/2014This was the second time I've been to Plateau restaurant, was a bit disappointing with the service at the start. The staff handed out bread to one party member and then realise there was not enough for the rest of the party. Eventually bread came out, was disappointed to be given burnt baguette to eat. Service was a disappointment from my first visit, slow and difficult to get the attention of. Food wise, it was deliciously cooked and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Lively night, exceptional staffPlateaupleasureDined on 9/10/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday evening - forgot Thursday is the new Saturday - so atmosphere very lively and loud.Not a problem really but you can't have a romantic meal and purr sweet nothings to your wife...Food is flavoursome and very good - wide choice and well priced, perhaps underpriced for the quality. Front desk staff are superb and charming and a special mention to Pietro who is an exceptional waiter - old school skills with old and new school charm. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shame for the front roomDushanDined on 7/10/2014they (the 3 girls in the front) left us waiting for 25+ minutes (by the bar) until I re-acted. jut to find out there where free tables in the restaurant area. it seems the tree girls in the front simply have forgotten about us. then one of them marched us to probably the worst table. which the excellent waiter promptly realised and replaced it to the very good one. I am very sorry this front room fiasco has happened just because we witnessed the very good service in the restaurant area. Still I can not accept that kind of disappointment in the restaurant where average bill for the dinner for two is 100+. We paid 115.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceFoodLover71Dined on 7/10/2014Booked this restaurant for my husband's birthday. Had great table by the window in the main restaurant. The food and service was exceptional. They even brought out a slice of tart with Happy Birthday on it to surprise my husband. All in all we had a great time and would thoroughly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tcupDined on 3/10/2014We had an enjoyable evening at Plateau. The views over Canary Wharf are really nice and the set menu that we chose from had a reasonable selection of dishes. I'd be interested to choose from the A La Carte menu next time. All in all a nice place with a great atmosphere & friendly service too,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceHappydinerDined on 2/10/2014Would recommend thus restaurant. Very good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- dissapointing dinnertezzaDined on 27/9/2014We thought we would give canary wharf ago instead of dinning in the west end like normal. it was a last minute booking and decided to try it, we were put on a table near a noisy group of ten people continually on their phones, as we looked around we noticed there were quite a few dinners also using there phones. my starter of summer salad was a plate of mixed leaves with dressing, very disappointing. my main was fish which was ok, but there was quite a bit of oil on my plate, dessert was nice. my husband had cod for starter and said it tasted bland and again the portion was small, his main was guinea fowl and he was happy, dessert was cheesecake and it was good. as for the service you could not fault, they were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRMB68Dined on 27/9/2014Welcoming staff, good atmosphere, we ate from the set menu and it was very good. All told I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJamesADined on 26/9/2014Although I have been to Plauteau numerous times, I'm always somehow surprised at just how good the food and service are. Everyone from the excellent bar staff to the waiters and welcoming staff are outstanding and actually seem happy to be there; they remember your name (or drink) and it becomes a favourite after only a few visits. It's a great spot in the Wharf and although it's not cheap you still feel you've had value for what you experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.