4th Flr, Canada Place
London, E14 5ERNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077157100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Allan Pickett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Monthly wine club and other tastings.
A word from Plateau Restaurant
Plateau sits in a prime fourth floor location at the top of Canada Place, opposite Canary Wharf tower. The stylish, futuristic restaurant offers awe-inspiring views of the surrounding cityscape. A principal feature of the restaurant is the part glazed ceiling which swathes the space in reflected natural light.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Plateau Restaurant - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Plateau Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since 31 October 2013
business meals (173)special occasions (170)romance (126)fit for foodies (122)group bookings (65)outstanding value (46)brunch (29)good vegetarian options (27)disabled access (27)sunday lunch (25)outdoor eating (21)afternoon tea (19)pre/post theatre (18)child friendly (8)Show More
- Food with a viewDarrendaveDined on 28/10/2014Very nice surroundings, with excellent view across Canada Square and the glass roof. The food was of high quality and prices reasonable, especially for drinks. Children catered for well and I certainly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Superb Evening at this restaurantWhittakers300Dined on 25/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Plateau. The service and food was excellent. I had asked for a nice table and although they were not able to offer us this at the beginning of our meal they offered to move us for the dessert, which was fine with us. They brought out a special surprise too with a piece of cake, candle and special message to congratulate us too. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicetransatlanticcitygirlDined on 25/10/2014Had the 6 course tasting menu. We felt the food was pretty good but the service was terribly slow. We were left without drinks for at least a half hour and had to chase up drinks and the bill. They automatically add 12.5% tip - I know we could have refused but doing so also ruins the mood so we left it. Would not return.
- Great value and viewilovemaguireVIPDined on 24/10/2014£30 for 4 courses and a glass of champagne was excellent. All courses were well proportioned and very tasty - only complaint was that some dishes were flavoured a little strongly i.e. too sweet or salty. All in all, excellent and would come again.
- Great service at Plateu restaurant!LoveFoodDined on 23/10/2014Booked an early dinner to take a client out. Service was really good, maybe even too good. Could do with having more options for dinner, felt like menu was a little limited from what I saw online. Otherwise everything else was great! Would recommend for a date night, business meal or even for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies lunchDrCBEDined on 20/10/2014Meet and great is great at Plateau so welcoming with a luxurious feel. Catch up and chat with good food and service was what we wanted and what we got. May even go again this week for my business and freinds meets.Special Features:
- OutstandingLowestoftfoodiesDined on 18/10/2014This was our second visit to Plateau with different friends and both sets of friends were really impressed with the food, the service and the whole experience. We love the set menu deals especially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb dining experienceScottyDined on 17/10/2014We booked this as we were staying in canary wharf but didn't want a chain restaurant. We went with our 16yr old son who thoroughly the ambience and buzz of the experience. Staff were very friendly,helpful and service was excellent. We had menu of the day,3 courses for ££30 which was oustanding value and food was delicious esp cod,anguinea fowl. Would def return if in area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchJustMeDined on 17/10/2014The food service and location (ie the view!) make this place great for a business lunch or catching up with friends in Canary Wharf The food is imaginative and made from great seasonal ingredients and the service is attentive without being intrusive. The bread is great so stop the carb denial and have some - its worth it !Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience!Nice4meDined on 14/10/2014Really nice place in Canary Wharf surrounded by a business atmosphere where you can have a drink or enjoy a special occasion in a private and romantic venue. Service was friendly and made us feel like being in an informal environment in a nice way. I recently went there for my girlfriend's birthday and it was a really nice evening!:) I 'll definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Brilliant evening at PlateauFoodDined on 13/10/2014As a regular diner at Plateau I always get a great welcome and nothing is too much trouble. It is a delightful room to dine in and the menu always offers a good choice of very well executed dishes and as there is a new chef in place the menu is about to change which I look forward to seeing with interest! I had delicious home cured salmon to start and the excellent beef short ribs and pancetta to finish and my companion had the delicious (her words) mushroom veloutee to start, superb Guinea Fowl and chocolate cheese cake. Phew, we felt very well fed by the end. Do go as it is such good value and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingvintageladyDined on 11/10/2014We were a party of five who go regularly to Plateau, together or not, which has improved out of all recognition from three or four years ago, but on Saturday we felt like we had gone back in time. The food was OK but they had bulked up the small amounts of protein with too much potato or beans (depending on the dish). The service was appalling. It too ages to get our complimentary drink in the bar and the gaps between courses were too long. The restaurant wasn't full although there was a large private party there. There just didn't seem to be enough staff on duty. Pull your socks up, Plateau!Special Features:
- Overall GoodEKWCDined on 10/10/2014This was the second time I've been to Plateau restaurant, was a bit disappointing with the service at the start. The staff handed out bread to one party member and then realise there was not enough for the rest of the party. Eventually bread came out, was disappointed to be given burnt baguette to eat. Service was a disappointment from my first visit, slow and difficult to get the attention of. Food wise, it was deliciously cooked and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Lively night, exceptional staffPlateaupleasureDined on 9/10/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday evening - forgot Thursday is the new Saturday - so atmosphere very lively and loud.Not a problem really but you can't have a romantic meal and purr sweet nothings to your wife...Food is flavoursome and very good - wide choice and well priced, perhaps underpriced for the quality. Front desk staff are superb and charming and a special mention to Pietro who is an exceptional waiter - old school skills with old and new school charm. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shame for the front roomDushanDined on 7/10/2014they (the 3 girls in the front) left us waiting for 25+ minutes (by the bar) until I re-acted. jut to find out there where free tables in the restaurant area. it seems the tree girls in the front simply have forgotten about us. then one of them marched us to probably the worst table. which the excellent waiter promptly realised and replaced it to the very good one. I am very sorry this front room fiasco has happened just because we witnessed the very good service in the restaurant area. Still I can not accept that kind of disappointment in the restaurant where average bill for the dinner for two is 100+. We paid 115.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceFoodLover71Dined on 7/10/2014Booked this restaurant for my husband's birthday. Had great table by the window in the main restaurant. The food and service was exceptional. They even brought out a slice of tart with Happy Birthday on it to surprise my husband. All in all we had a great time and would thoroughly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tcupDined on 3/10/2014We had an enjoyable evening at Plateau. The views over Canary Wharf are really nice and the set menu that we chose from had a reasonable selection of dishes. I'd be interested to choose from the A La Carte menu next time. All in all a nice place with a great atmosphere & friendly service too,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceHappydinerDined on 2/10/2014Would recommend thus restaurant. Very good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- dissapointing dinnertezzaDined on 27/9/2014We thought we would give canary wharf ago instead of dinning in the west end like normal. it was a last minute booking and decided to try it, we were put on a table near a noisy group of ten people continually on their phones, as we looked around we noticed there were quite a few dinners also using there phones. my starter of summer salad was a plate of mixed leaves with dressing, very disappointing. my main was fish which was ok, but there was quite a bit of oil on my plate, dessert was nice. my husband had cod for starter and said it tasted bland and again the portion was small, his main was guinea fowl and he was happy, dessert was cheesecake and it was good. as for the service you could not fault, they were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRMB68Dined on 27/9/2014Welcoming staff, good atmosphere, we ate from the set menu and it was very good. All told I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJamesADined on 26/9/2014Although I have been to Plauteau numerous times, I'm always somehow surprised at just how good the food and service are. Everyone from the excellent bar staff to the waiters and welcoming staff are outstanding and actually seem happy to be there; they remember your name (or drink) and it becomes a favourite after only a few visits. It's a great spot in the Wharf and although it's not cheap you still feel you've had value for what you experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerNJGLonVIPDined on 26/9/2014I took a relative out for a special occassion (they were visiting London after 18 months). We ate from the speical offer 4 course menu menu which had an excellent selection at a very reasonable price. A glass of sparkling wine was also included. My guest also had a glass of Montepulciano along with the main course (suggested by the waiter) to go with the slow-cookd beef rib. The service was very friendly and they allowed us enough time to sort out our order and converse comfortably. I always enjoy dining at Plateau Restaurant. You can easily hear your companions speaking!Special Features:
- Good value for great foodamieDined on 26/9/2014Great food really enjoyed it, apart from one of the waiter made few silly jokes on my friend, she got rather annoyed. The waiter did come back to apologies, but overall services were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itCarolineDined on 25/9/2014I always have a great time at this restaurant. One of the best in Canary Wharf.Special Features:
- Service fabxxxxDined on 24/9/2014Service was outstanding. Good value voucher. Beautiful ambience. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/9/2014I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. The whole experience was good from when we entered the restaurant until we left. The service and food were first class. I will be definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeColmDined on 20/9/2014And we were impressed........ Ate from the set menu which provided a good range of choice. Our waiter - whose name I unfortunately cannot recall - was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- seejayDined on 20/9/2014I took my wife and children here for my wife's birthday dinner. Walking in I was nervous this could have been a mistake as it looked like a sophisticated, adults only type of place but the staff did not bat an eyelid. They were wonderful with them. The food was excellent and the service fantastic. Excellent value for money as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealu864443Dined on 20/9/2014From the moment we arrived we were taken care of. The superb food and wine matched the elegant atmosphere with attentive and friendly staff.Special Features:
- A + ServiceEG2014Dined on 19/9/2014The service was spetacular, 100% attention to detail and extremelly polite and professional team. The food was also very nice with an impressive wine menu worth trying all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/9/2014My first visit but most differently not my last, the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Eating with a viewquid1Dined on 19/9/2014This was a very nice night out great food and great service the staff were engaging and helpful the food had no faults .Special Features:
- Plateau - Menu GourmandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We were made very welcome toa lively bar area on arrival where their signature cocktails were outstanding. Moving through to the restaurant area with the stunning view of Canada Square there was plenty of choice on the menu from the set menu through to the a la carte and taster menu. great friendly service supported by delicious food made it a very special evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding!HappyladyDined on 9/9/2014We went for our friends birthday, and i have to say, this is one of the most incredible restaurants. Our waiter was fantastic, with excellent knowledge on the food and wine. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and i felt very comfortable. The view was amazing, and all the staff were extremely attentive. Thank you Plateau, you were amazing!Special Features:
- Dinner at PlateauSpinyfishVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very reliable restaurant - Becoming a regular haunt. Precise, refined cooking and excellent service - Particularly from the excellent sommelierSpecial Features:
- Friday night at PlateauLiisaDined on 5/9/2014Had a lovely dinner at Plateau. Found it by looking for restaurants with a view. Unfortunately, we were placed behind a very large pillar and not much too look at. Good ambience, delicious food, tasty wine. Luca, our host for the evening, most personable, as was the wine man and an other gentleman. There was some confusion when our mains came out, the wrong dishes and side of veg. No big deal to us, but they felt badly and made it up to us on the bill. They obviously care about the service. It was a simple mistake. Will definitely go back, but will request a table near the window and finally get to enjoy the sight!Special Features:
- Another great mealPaddingtonDined on 4/9/2014Plateau is always my first choice for taking friends/relatives for a treat. Never yet let me down. Food is value for money and the service is always attentive but not intrusive - whatever we are wearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner for special occasionNaouelDined on 1/9/2014I booked a table at the Plateau restaurant for our 2 years wedding anniversary. It was MAGICAL and ROMANTIC! We had a great table with a magnificent view in the heart of Canary Wharf. The drinks, the food were excellent - my compliments to the chef! But what made our night so perfect was the service! Very attentive personnel. They took amazing care of us - making sure we had everything we needed. And at the end of our meal they came to us with a very touching gift to congratulate us on our anniversary - a delicious cupcake and a candle. I was soooo happy and moved. It was a real surprise. Thank you again for the perfect dinner and your kindness. I will never forget this night. :) We will come back again, again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one to revisitpipparDined on 30/8/2014My husband has had several jobs in Canary Wharf and had been to Plateau previously with business associates. Finally,after,ten years of asking,he brought me along too. It is a very sizeable restaurant with a large,comfortable bar area. We were dining on the toptable deal which provided 4 courses and a glass of sparkling wine for £30. My mushroom soup,or veloute as posh people like to call it,was really delicious as was my pasta main course. I was a little disappointed in the dessert as it was a rather dry pear tart which would have been nicer served a bit warmer. Our waiter for the evening, Daniele,was excellent. He was very charming and friendly.Special Features:
- Great place for relaxed timeHappyluncherDined on 29/8/2014My daughter and I went to the restaurant for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The food was delicious and the service impeccable and unassuming. We were left to eat at our own pace - taking over 2 hours - and at no time did we feel any pressure to hurry or vacate our table. The complimentary cupcake and candle was an added special touch. I would highly recommend it.Special Features: