Pollen Street Social
8-10 Pollen Street
London, W1S 1NQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Pollen Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pollenstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 02072907600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Off-site catering and private hire are available upon request. Please contact our reservations team for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Pollen Street Social has one private dining room located on the lower ground floor of the restaurant. The room seats between eight and fourteen guests and offers a variety of reduced a la carte and tasting menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Georgia 02072907600
A word from Pollen Street Social
A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
Pollen Street Social - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Pollen Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
797 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (534)fit for foodies (506)business meals (341)romance (282)outstanding value (92)group bookings (80)pre/post theatre (77)good vegetarian options (60)sunday lunch (59)brunch (44)child friendly (10)afternoon tea (8)outdoor eating (7)disabled access (7)Show More
- Great lunchWelshwizardDined on 20/10/2014Had an excellent lunch with friends - nothing disappointed us at all, food, service and wines all brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/10/2014On Sat night I had booked a table for 2115 but we were told on arrival that the table was not available. We waited at the bar and after my friend asked for a complimentary glass of champagne we were kindly given one but we were not sat down until 2145 which was 30 minutes after our original booking. Things didn't get better as although the bread basket was offered 3 times no one came to take our food order for at least another 20 minutes. Eventually our food arrived at 2240 by which time I was not particularly hungry. The food was delicious but the portion of turbot I had was very small. No one came to fill our wine glasses and we had to refill them ourselves. Overall the experience was a disappointing.
- Great food - real smilesPips2Dined on 16/10/2014You might well expect that a restaurant of this reputation and standard could easily intimidate those not there on expense accounts. Not so. I was there for a memorable lunch with a long-standing friend and found that it was reasonably priced and served by genuinely friendly, knowledgeable staff . Each dish was ingeniously balanced and appealing. We were offered numerous extra tastings of exquisite things - all of which made the experience special. No swishing of silver covers or over zealous enquiries as to our enjoyment. It must have been clear that we were having a lovely time. Thank you .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!VickyVackyVIPDined on 16/10/2014Came here for the set lunch menu once again and the thought that goes into it never ceases to amaze me. The food was stunning.Special Features:
- Good OverallJimboDined on 14/10/2014Friendly helpful staff add to the smart modern ambience of this restaurant. The menu selection was somewhat limited and not particularly well balanced which caused one of my guests to fall back to selecting a steak, which doesn't do much to portray the skill of kitchen. The rest of the food was beautifully presented and full of well matched flavours. The puddings attracted particular praise from my guests. A minor point but the side salad of leaves with the steak was uninspiring!. Overall a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting moreBingoDined on 11/10/2014Extremely disappointed with my steak - which was at best average. The side of green lettuce leaves was a bit of a joke and the peppercorn sauce was over powering.Special Features:
- OutstandingHoganhutchDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I spent a few days in London dining in a number of top restaurants and I have to say that Pollen Street Social was outstanding! Everything was above and beyond our expectations, the food, the service, the ambience could not be faulted. When we are in London in the future, PSS will be our first port of call!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair service but great foodBrettVIPDined on 9/10/2014I made reservation for 9:15 pm, I was a bit late for me already , but I wanna try this restaurant and I accepted this reservation, I be there on time and it took half hour for them to get the table ready . I think there is something wrong in their management skills about table . But anyway. The food is flawless, had. Best rib eye steak there ! And some course is very interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningArchieDined on 9/10/2014Went to Pollen Street this week service and atmosphere were great bu food not so hot. Crab salad was tiny and my pork main course quite bland. My wife had steak tartare which was average followed by venison and beetroot which was very good. Overall nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Thank you Pollen Street SocialmosfraDined on 8/10/2014The staff at Pollen Street Social listen! I asked for a table with some privacy and got it, allowing my client to speak freely. I asked at Reception for the bill to be given to me at the end of the meal as I was the host, and it was. We chose from the Set Menu, excellent value and delicious. Our waiter was a little 'up himself'; the Sommelier advised beautiful wines and he was very charming.Thank you Pollen Street. MosfraSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodNizzleDined on 6/10/2014Dinner for 2 for husband's birthday. Fabulous service and great food. Only problem was a 40 minute delay between course 2 and 3 which made us very late.Special Features:
- Set lunchMargaretDined on 4/10/2014A memorable dining experience. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Food outstanding.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 4/10/20142nd visit to Pollen Street Social in 3 years. Food was amazing and service was excellent. Invitation to dessert bar is a great add on and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the pastry chef prepare out dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in LondontttwwwDined on 4/10/2014Food was spectacular, vennue is amazong - staff were all wonderfulSpecial Features:
- ladybealadybeaDined on 3/10/2014A really excellent meal, fantastic food, very good service. Very minimal comment is that restaurant is noisy with wooden floors so was difficult to hear my companion above the noise, but otherwise gastronomically perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!JeniDined on 3/10/2014We ate here to celebrate a special birthday and the whole experience was amazing. The staff were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The set lunch menu was very good value and the food was just delicious. A wonderful first for me was having my choice of fresh mint, and advice on an accompanying herb (thyme), cut fresh at the table for my mint tea! Just delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch here to celebrate our anniversary. The set lunch offered a lovely selection dishes with good value. Went for the 3 course lunch which was excellent however we also got 3 extra small dishes complimentary that were also excellent. It was a wonderful experience for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitiluvlonDined on 30/9/2014I was punctual and a table was waiting. Love the decor, pleasing and cheerful, even the toilets look nice and clean. Had a 3 course chefs menu. Food well presented and taste good. Good value and a good introduction to the restaurant. Would definitely try other selection on the menu on my next visit to London.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/9/2014excellent, they go the extra mile for you and that makes it a great experience!!!Special Features:
- left rather flatabfjDined on 29/9/2014technically and visually stunning but somehow taste and flavour took a back seat, interesting but I wouldn't repeat the experience
- Not all it's cracked up to Bee...CheeseLoverVIPDined on 29/9/2014Nice relaxed dining atmosphere. Service was a bit slow and rather rigid in that you absolutely cannot order wine from anyone other than the wine waiter even if you know what you want and do not need to speak to him. Food was certainly skilfully executed but no wow factor unfortunately.
- Amazing experienceWenderzDined on 29/9/2014I went for lunch with my husband for my birthday and had an amazing experience, made all the better as where we were seated I could watch Jason at the pass. The food was out of this world and the service excellent, they attend to your every need. If you love fine dining, this is perfect for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveMichaeljVIPDined on 27/9/2014I booked because of the reviews and because it took late bookings. The service is excellent, the wine list extensive but expensive and the menu is varied and interesting. I had the lamb which was excellent and my wife had the venison which she really enjoyed. The service was very attentive with some nice touches (small cup of tasty mushroom soup). But I thought it was very expensive for what we had - over £200 for two bearing in mind the wine of £86!Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!RosieDined on 27/9/2014Loved the atmosphere. Not too stuffy. Staff were amazing & attentive. Food was absolutely divine. Enjoyed watching the chefsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMichelin23obsessedDined on 27/9/2014Fantastic food, service, ambience and attention to detailSpecial Features:
- Excellent place, highly recommendRenton1985Dined on 27/9/2014I took my husband here for lunch for his 30th birthday. He absolutely loved it. We had the £33.00 set lunch menu. The service is friendly and professional and the food brilliant. You get loads of extras, such as canapes before your starters and pre-dessert and after-dessert which is all very tasty and novel. I had the Norwegian Wood cocktail which was to die for. The cheese board deserves a special mention, definitely a cheese lovers dream! There's also an excellent wine selection. We really want to go back for dinner. My only complaint would be that they were a little slow topping up the wine.Special Features:
- Just lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/9/2014Second visit this year for set lunch - varied choice, excellent food, well presented, very good service extensive wine list and very relaxed atmosphere. The little extra courses were extremely good which added to the dining experience making the food excellent value for money. I would certainly recommendSpecial Features:
- GreatGeorgeDined on 25/9/2014My first visit, you walk into a well designed restaurant with great art. Food and wine lived up to expectations, overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- delicious food, great serviceeh34Dined on 24/9/2014we went to Pollen Street Social for my husband's birthday and it really didn't disappoint. the food was fantastic, looked and tasted beautiful and the service was perfect. our lunch was marred only by an obnoxious man sitting next to us who was desperately trying to impress his date (she wasn't interested). Luckily our waitress rescued us by inviting us to the dessert bar to watch the pastry chefs make our fantastic desserts. We had a top afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...FranMVIPDined on 24/9/2014tables too close together; over fancy amuse bouche; overpriced wines by the glass; a week on and a/c issue still not resolved and no complimentary coffee or similar offered when problem of heat and stuffiness was raised, just offered a seat in the bar for coffee. set price lunch a good deal.Special Features:
- Great experienceMurphysluvtodineDined on 24/9/2014Went for lunch to celebrate my husbands birthday and had an amazing time - great choice of food and good selection of reasonably priced wine on the very extensive wine list! The service was impeccable and they really looked after us. Loved the dessert bar where you can watch how the fabulous desserts are constructed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!methodphotoDined on 23/9/2014We had an superb time. We were treated well and the food was outstanding. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:
- what a fantastic lunchNickyDined on 23/9/2014we went to Pollen Street Social for our anniversary lunch and once again everything was superb, the staff are great and the set lunch is fantastic valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good service notwellybootsDined on 22/9/2014we chose Restaurant for our wedding anniversary. things started well with a lovely cocktail at the bar .Into the restaurant and the air conditioning appeared to have failed as it was quite humid and there was an emergency air con unit working in the corner. No mention or apology made for this. The starters came up very, almost too quickly but were very good.the real problem was with the main course we lost count of time waiting for. In the end we had to ask several times and were given no sensible explanation as to what was going on. When it did turn up after what must have been nearly an hour it was very good but frankly so it should be at these prices.and at these prices you expect the service to match its 1 Michelin star. A shame.
- Special birthday treatFoodfiendDined on 22/9/2014We came here to celebrate a 70th birthday and everyone at the restaurant made our lunch special. The food was delicious and beautifully presented with great flavours and textures. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- LoveSpiceDined on 22/9/2014Staff really accommodating in so many ways. Food was lovely and we had a corner table for a nice catch up with good friends. Pleased with the little complimentary nibbles and set lunch cost an quality was good.Special Features:
- Chaotic Fine DiningdockDined on 20/9/2014Some dishes were outstanding, some (especially the desserts) were below avarage, but the main feature is the chaos. We have met at least 7 different waiters, at least 20 were continously running all around. In spite of the meal and especially the price the enverioment is more like a noisy pub. Defenitively not recommended fr special occasion.
- One of my favourite restaurantsJuliarDined on 20/9/2014Never fails to impress. On Saturday, even with broken air con making the room a little warm, practically flawless meal. Set lunch is an absolute bargain and the complimentary water to make up for the temperature issues was a ncie touch. Perfectly pitched service and sublime food.Special Features:
- Wonderful - surpassed expectationsLondonFoodieDined on 20/9/2014My boyfriend and I visited Pollen Street Social for lunch on Saturday to celebrate his birthday. Firstly, we loved the interior - it's luxurious with creative touches that lend it personality. The service was possibly the best service I've ever received - discreet, yet informative; warm yet unobtrusive. The food was beautiful - thoroughly delicious and unpretentious. The dishes are mostly classic with a unique twist. They're fun and undemanding - you're left to simply enjoy the food without having to think about it. Unfortunately the air-conditioning was broken so I've given the ambience four, otherwise it would've been a five. Excellent value for money, too. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- UnfortunatetdogDined on 19/9/2014Arrived early for a 10:30 reservation and were sent to the bar. After a Chivas, requesting a second, were informed that they had run out. At 10:40 checked on our table, were told "Oh, I didn't know you were here." Waiter appeared miffed that he had an additional table and was brusque and uninformative. Sat next to dirty tablecloths until half way through our dinner. Asked if we would like more bread, responding "maybe later," bread plates were abruptly removed. Water not refilled until after the meal. Air conditioning not operating and a large fan blew humid air. Complaining to the manager about our experience, were told "some of the staff has only been with us three days." The steak and the suckling pig were, at best, adequate.