Pollen Street Social
8-10 Pollen Street
London, W1S 1NQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Pollen Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pollenstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 02072907600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Off-site catering and private hire are available upon request. Please contact our reservations team for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Pollen Street Social has one private dining room located on the lower ground floor of the restaurant. The room seats between eight and fourteen guests and offers a variety of reduced a la carte and tasting menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Georgia 02072907600
A word from Pollen Street Social
A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
Pollen Street Social - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Pollen Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
800 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (533)fit for foodies (504)business meals (340)romance (284)outstanding value (93)group bookings (78)pre/post theatre (76)good vegetarian options (62)sunday lunch (59)brunch (43)child friendly (10)afternoon tea (8)disabled access (7)outdoor eating (6)Show More
- miriamDined on 29/10/2014Very bad experience as the end as the bar waiter asked us to leave the venue because we sat for a few minutes at the bar, to check our trains taiming after lunch and we didn't order a drink. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealBraddersDined on 28/10/2014A great restaurant hidden away on the back streets off regent street. Fantastic service, you are truly looked after and lovely, top quality food - pricier end of the scale, but that is to be expected for such a fantastic experience. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/10/2014Excellent food in a very friendly and warm atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodAarti001Dined on 25/10/2014I would recommend Pollen Street Social as a venue for those who love great food. I was celebrating my birthday and the staff were just so attentive, knowledgeable and very friendly. The food was just stunning from the amuse bouche right through to the petit fours. Each dish was packed full of wow factors. Jason Atherton has a really great venue here, the only disappointment for me was that I did not get to meet Jason as he was off on his travels. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallLondonerDined on 25/10/2014This is better than the Ledbury. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- InnovativetheatregoerVIPDined on 24/10/2014Very nice, innovative combinations of tastes and colours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has become very expensiveWattyDined on 24/10/2014I have eaten here on a number of occasions and had a good experience and always thought, despite the cost, was worth the money. However, my experience last Friday lunchtime was underwhelming and expensive. I struggled to find anything on the wine list for less than £60, I am sure this was not the case when the venue opened. The “afternoon tea” amuse-bouche was fussy and unnecessary, the crab starter was minuscule, but the main lamb was excellent and a good size portion, although my guests who had belly pork had to order a side of chips. My table of four shared 2 cheeses, which we thought given the cost, the portion size was very miserly. Used to be a fantastic all round restaurant, but feel they have priced themselves out of the market.
- MarvelousRonTDined on 22/10/2014It's a bit of a noisy environment here, as the place seems to be extraordinary popular. We guess it's the consequence of being 'social'. But the food soon claimed all of our attention: creative yet simple, diverse yet tasty. We loved the tasting menu and besides a small, weaker moment at the end - we did not get the coffee we ordered - the informal service was impeccable. Marvelous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SPECIAL LUNCHWebletDined on 22/10/2014On a short break to the capital. We are friends of Jason's brother so like to visit one of his restaurants for a 'treat'. Not disappointed, food was outstanding and service impeccable. If any downside my husband who hadn't been before thought it became quite noisy when it filled up just before 2pm.Special Features:
- foodie havenArthurDined on 21/10/2014wonderful food, relaxed atmosphere, very friendly service and not gimmicky (unlike some restaurants in its class). We had the tasting menu, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, and totally recommend both. We were also given the time to eat it, despite being told at first we had the table only for two hours.Special Features:
- Great lunchWelshwizardDined on 20/10/2014Had an excellent lunch with friends - nothing disappointed us at all, food, service and wines all brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/10/2014On Sat night I had booked a table for 2115 but we were told on arrival that the table was not available. We waited at the bar and after my friend asked for a complimentary glass of champagne we were kindly given one but we were not sat down until 2145 which was 30 minutes after our original booking. Things didn't get better as although the bread basket was offered 3 times no one came to take our food order for at least another 20 minutes. Eventually our food arrived at 2240 by which time I was not particularly hungry. The food was delicious but the portion of turbot I had was very small. No one came to fill our wine glasses and we had to refill them ourselves. Overall the experience was a disappointing.
- Great food - real smilesPips2Dined on 16/10/2014You might well expect that a restaurant of this reputation and standard could easily intimidate those not there on expense accounts. Not so. I was there for a memorable lunch with a long-standing friend and found that it was reasonably priced and served by genuinely friendly, knowledgeable staff . Each dish was ingeniously balanced and appealing. We were offered numerous extra tastings of exquisite things - all of which made the experience special. No swishing of silver covers or over zealous enquiries as to our enjoyment. It must have been clear that we were having a lovely time. Thank you .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!VickyVackyVIPDined on 16/10/2014Came here for the set lunch menu once again and the thought that goes into it never ceases to amaze me. The food was stunning.Special Features:
- Good OverallJimboDined on 14/10/2014Friendly helpful staff add to the smart modern ambience of this restaurant. The menu selection was somewhat limited and not particularly well balanced which caused one of my guests to fall back to selecting a steak, which doesn't do much to portray the skill of kitchen. The rest of the food was beautifully presented and full of well matched flavours. The puddings attracted particular praise from my guests. A minor point but the side salad of leaves with the steak was uninspiring!. Overall a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting moreBingoDined on 11/10/2014Extremely disappointed with my steak - which was at best average. The side of green lettuce leaves was a bit of a joke and the peppercorn sauce was over powering.Special Features:
- OutstandingHoganhutchDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I spent a few days in London dining in a number of top restaurants and I have to say that Pollen Street Social was outstanding! Everything was above and beyond our expectations, the food, the service, the ambience could not be faulted. When we are in London in the future, PSS will be our first port of call!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair service but great foodBrettVIPDined on 9/10/2014I made reservation for 9:15 pm, I was a bit late for me already , but I wanna try this restaurant and I accepted this reservation, I be there on time and it took half hour for them to get the table ready . I think there is something wrong in their management skills about table . But anyway. The food is flawless, had. Best rib eye steak there ! And some course is very interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningArchieDined on 9/10/2014Went to Pollen Street this week service and atmosphere were great bu food not so hot. Crab salad was tiny and my pork main course quite bland. My wife had steak tartare which was average followed by venison and beetroot which was very good. Overall nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Thank you Pollen Street SocialmosfraDined on 8/10/2014The staff at Pollen Street Social listen! I asked for a table with some privacy and got it, allowing my client to speak freely. I asked at Reception for the bill to be given to me at the end of the meal as I was the host, and it was. We chose from the Set Menu, excellent value and delicious. Our waiter was a little 'up himself'; the Sommelier advised beautiful wines and he was very charming.Thank you Pollen Street. MosfraSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodNizzleDined on 6/10/2014Dinner for 2 for husband's birthday. Fabulous service and great food. Only problem was a 40 minute delay between course 2 and 3 which made us very late.Special Features:
- Set lunchMargaretDined on 4/10/2014A memorable dining experience. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Food outstanding.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 4/10/20142nd visit to Pollen Street Social in 3 years. Food was amazing and service was excellent. Invitation to dessert bar is a great add on and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the pastry chef prepare out dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in LondontttwwwDined on 4/10/2014Food was spectacular, vennue is amazong - staff were all wonderfulSpecial Features:
- ladybealadybeaDined on 3/10/2014A really excellent meal, fantastic food, very good service. Very minimal comment is that restaurant is noisy with wooden floors so was difficult to hear my companion above the noise, but otherwise gastronomically perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!JeniDined on 3/10/2014We ate here to celebrate a special birthday and the whole experience was amazing. The staff were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The set lunch menu was very good value and the food was just delicious. A wonderful first for me was having my choice of fresh mint, and advice on an accompanying herb (thyme), cut fresh at the table for my mint tea! Just delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch here to celebrate our anniversary. The set lunch offered a lovely selection dishes with good value. Went for the 3 course lunch which was excellent however we also got 3 extra small dishes complimentary that were also excellent. It was a wonderful experience for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitiluvlonDined on 30/9/2014I was punctual and a table was waiting. Love the decor, pleasing and cheerful, even the toilets look nice and clean. Had a 3 course chefs menu. Food well presented and taste good. Good value and a good introduction to the restaurant. Would definitely try other selection on the menu on my next visit to London.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/9/2014excellent, they go the extra mile for you and that makes it a great experience!!!Special Features:
- left rather flatabfjDined on 29/9/2014technically and visually stunning but somehow taste and flavour took a back seat, interesting but I wouldn't repeat the experience
- dinnerladyVIPDined on 29/9/2014We lunched at Pollen Street Social to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had read numerous glowing reports of the restaurant and thought it sounded an interesting place. It was a unique dining experience and one which we enjoyed enormously. The food was delicious and the service friendly - albeit a bit slow and haphazard at times but, hey, we were in no hurry - so we were pleased we had decided to try out PSS. However, it has to be said that, for most mortals, this is an expensive restaurant to eat at, so we are unlikely to become regular diners there. My husband commented that some might consider PSS to be a bit OTT - but if you want a unique dining experience, or to impress someone special, then it is hard to beat in my view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all it's cracked up to Bee...CheeseLoverVIPDined on 29/9/2014Nice relaxed dining atmosphere. Service was a bit slow and rather rigid in that you absolutely cannot order wine from anyone other than the wine waiter even if you know what you want and do not need to speak to him. Food was certainly skilfully executed but no wow factor unfortunately.
- Amazing experienceWenderzDined on 29/9/2014I went for lunch with my husband for my birthday and had an amazing experience, made all the better as where we were seated I could watch Jason at the pass. The food was out of this world and the service excellent, they attend to your every need. If you love fine dining, this is perfect for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveMichaeljVIPDined on 27/9/2014I booked because of the reviews and because it took late bookings. The service is excellent, the wine list extensive but expensive and the menu is varied and interesting. I had the lamb which was excellent and my wife had the venison which she really enjoyed. The service was very attentive with some nice touches (small cup of tasty mushroom soup). But I thought it was very expensive for what we had - over £200 for two bearing in mind the wine of £86!Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!RosieDined on 27/9/2014Loved the atmosphere. Not too stuffy. Staff were amazing & attentive. Food was absolutely divine. Enjoyed watching the chefsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMichelin23obsessedDined on 27/9/2014Fantastic food, service, ambience and attention to detailSpecial Features:
- Excellent place, highly recommendRenton1985Dined on 27/9/2014I took my husband here for lunch for his 30th birthday. He absolutely loved it. We had the £33.00 set lunch menu. The service is friendly and professional and the food brilliant. You get loads of extras, such as canapes before your starters and pre-dessert and after-dessert which is all very tasty and novel. I had the Norwegian Wood cocktail which was to die for. The cheese board deserves a special mention, definitely a cheese lovers dream! There's also an excellent wine selection. We really want to go back for dinner. My only complaint would be that they were a little slow topping up the wine.Special Features:
- Just lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 26/9/2014Second visit this year for set lunch - varied choice, excellent food, well presented, very good service extensive wine list and very relaxed atmosphere. The little extra courses were extremely good which added to the dining experience making the food excellent value for money. I would certainly recommendSpecial Features:
- GreatGeorgeDined on 25/9/2014My first visit, you walk into a well designed restaurant with great art. Food and wine lived up to expectations, overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- delicious food, great serviceeh34Dined on 24/9/2014we went to Pollen Street Social for my husband's birthday and it really didn't disappoint. the food was fantastic, looked and tasted beautiful and the service was perfect. our lunch was marred only by an obnoxious man sitting next to us who was desperately trying to impress his date (she wasn't interested). Luckily our waitress rescued us by inviting us to the dessert bar to watch the pastry chefs make our fantastic desserts. We had a top afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.