Pollen Street Social
8-10 Pollen Street
London, W1S 1NQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Pollen Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pollenstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 02072907600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Off-site catering and private hire are available upon request. Please contact our reservations team for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Pollen Street Social has one private dining room located on the lower ground floor of the restaurant. The room seats between eight and fourteen guests and offers a variety of reduced a la carte and tasting menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Georgia 02072907600
A word from Pollen Street Social
A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
Pollen Street Social - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Pollen Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
804 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (538)fit for foodies (506)business meals (345)romance (286)outstanding value (94)pre/post theatre (81)group bookings (81)good vegetarian options (64)sunday lunch (59)brunch (46)afternoon tea (11)child friendly (11)outdoor eating (8)disabled access (7)Show More
- lovely afternnon lunchrinksDined on 18/9/2014I have been raving about this place to my friends and I only went last thursday. Food amazing, service exceptional. Only disappointment was the AC that decided to stop working the day I went. Truly a lovely place, Michelin star food at affordable prices.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably just a bad dayChallengingDined on 17/9/2014It must have been a bad day. The airconditioning was broken and the restaurant became a sauna. (In fact it had broken the day before so why wasn't it fixed?) We were asked if we had allergies and we both said 'fish', yet they brought us a fish mousse with the butter. Exactly the same looking 'financiers' were served both as amuse bouche and with the coffee. All the lunch menu starters contained fish and the vegetarian menu looked like the same dishes with the fish taken off. We went a la carte putting the price up a lot. The first course needed seasoning but there was none on the table. The main courses and deserts were OK but nothing had the 'WOW' factor we were expecting of a restaurant with this standing or price. Very disappointing.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Overall disappointing, the whole restaurant (at lunch) felt like an oven, very hot, with apparently no option to cool the place. Waiters seemed irritated which in turn reflected in poor service. Food was ok, nothing outstandingSpecial Features:
- WoofslartsoixanteseizeDined on 15/9/2014The food remains spectacular, the service is charming and it's a great room in which to eat.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014Very good quality best gastropub in London without doubt. Excellent food and service at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSurpriseVIPDined on 15/9/2014At the beginning service was very good and attentive but as soon as it got slightly busy the attention was not great and hard to even find our waiter to ask for the bill. I also ordered a dessert which did not state it had peanut in it and therefore caused me to have an allergic reaction which ruined my appetite for the dessert plus none of the waiters noticed even though they got me another separate scoop of ice cream knowing I had a peanut allergy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetMichaelDDined on 13/9/2014Tucked away in a tiny corner of Mayfair, Pollen Street Social is a bustling food heaven, with great service to boot! Our party of 8 gravitated to the tasting menu, which was excellent in every respect, but especially the 'English Breakfast' and the venison dish. The staff paced the meal exceptionally well, and we never felt rushed or waited overly long. And while we chose most of the wines ourselves, the sommelier made a couple of terrific recommendations that improved several of the courses. the two in our party who ventured a la carte also received the occasional complimentary course from the tasting menu, enhancing their experience. Fantastic food, great service and a superb wine list made for one of the best evenings out this year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinnerDSZ1020Dined on 12/9/2014Came for an anniversary dinner date and the food was absolutely spectacular. Beautiful space and the tasting menu was perfect. Service could have been better (I know we had late reservations, but we weren't rudely lingering at the end of our meal and the amount of end of the night work going on around us — including a waiter ironing the tablecloth at the table next to us — was a little strange).Special Features:
- Excellent foodhappydinerVIPDined on 12/9/2014Having walked past a few times was so pleased to finally dine at Pollen Street Social. The welcome was very friendly and the food was outstanding from start to finish. The flavours were amazing but portion sizes are pretty modest which some may complain about but personally we loved it as allowed us to enjoy all the courses without feeling too guilty! Sommelier did a fab job finding the perfect wine for us - I'd never had looked in Austrian! Waitress was very friendly, helpful and attentive. A great relaxed evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing12septembergirlDined on 12/9/2014With great expectations of a fab meal for a special occasion, I have to say it didn't 'chin the bar'. The best bit was the pre-meal appetisers! Main course was barely warm and so the server aimed to resolve with hot gravy ... and one element of the dish was really, really salty to be inedible - in their defence, they did deduct this meal from the bill, but should not have happened. Shame. We cannot think we will go back.
- so stuffydesiluDined on 10/9/2014This used to be a really pleasant restaurant. But they seem to be chasing Michelin stars. Don't get me wrong. The food is excellent and even the set price lunch menu came with treats with the bread and an amusé bouche before the starter and another before the dessert. But the service is that terrible arrogant unfriendly "French" style that made me feel unwelcome.Special Features:
- Make sure you have plenty of time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014I regularly attend restaurants in London for business and pleasure and was expecting a meal with the same quality of service. The food was of a good standard but this was somewhat over shadowed by the awful service. We arrived at 19:30pm and were seated immediately. It took 15 minutes to receive menu's and another 15 minutes to order our food. We went for the tasting menu. Given the fact the first 3 courses were all cold we were very surprised by the gaps of more than 25 mins between each course. We didn't eat our main course until 10:15pm which was a delay of 45 minutes from the course before. In short there seems to be far too many tables for the kitchen to cope! A disappointing anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Worth a detourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014This place is a must if you are in London. Enjoy! I have already made a new booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Amazing food; can't single anything out - all totally delicious. Loved the way that the flavours hit you just after you'd eaten each mouthful. The sauces were wonderful. Impeccable service, when we told the waiter we would only have 1 bottle of wine, he made it last all meal. Set menu offers excellent value for money. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food experienceLoz87Dined on 5/9/2014Amazing tasting menu, so creative. Good value for the level of cuisine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMattantVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food is excellent and well worth booking a table for. But what will make you go back again is the service. Top notch!Special Features:
- Ask for a table in the dining roomrobnbDined on 2/9/2014A nice room, if you don't get a table next to the bar as we did. The food is outstanding and very original. The service was reasonable if a little slow and apologetic. However, overall an enjoyable place, that I would recommend.Special Features:
- a true experienceEmotion4FoodDined on 2/9/2014This restaurant and its chef really know how to present colorful and tasty dishes. The staff is very attentive and the interior is everything you expect from a top notch restaurant. I dined here 3 times in a very short period and the service, food, ambiance was always of a high level just as you would expect from such a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingWhitersDined on 2/9/2014We were sat in the bar area, but that did not detract at all. My guest is slightly gluton intolerant and this was immediately noted with adapted amuse bouche being delivered, GF bread etc. The service was excellent, attewntive and polite without being 'in your face' The food was delicious and imaginatively presented. Expensive but worth it, though partly my fault for going overboard on the wine!Special Features:
- Fabulous and full of surprisesLinnDined on 1/9/2014Everything little detail has been thoughtfully taken care and finishes with the perfect touch. Service was warm and friendly. Food was absolutely delicious. Will defo go back again soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSoVIPDined on 1/9/2014Had a great overall experience for a birthday celebration. While the food was not a 5/5 the overall experience was very impressive. The service was great, with pleasant and attentive staff. Cocktails were creative and the wine menu was extensive. The presentation of the food was well done, and appetizers we ordered to share were pre-split onto two plates which is something a lot of places overlook. Would definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencefacialdocDined on 1/9/2014Good welcome, excellent service and well executed food. A gem of a restaurant. Set lunch good value though house wine a little steepSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it up JasonJohnDined on 1/9/2014Jason Atherton is an outstanding chef. With his empire ever increasing, it will become more difficult to keep such high standards. But you're managing it, Jason. Thank you - still my restaurant of choice for wonderful food.Special Features:
- Everything you would expectRyanVIPDined on 30/8/2014Excellent service, fantastic food, a lovely setting. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.Special Features:
- Lived Up To My ExpectationsChrisDaviesDined on 30/8/2014The set lunch was excellent in terms of taste and preparation. Prices for such quality and reputation were surprisingly affordable value for the heart of Mayfair. My only criticism is that service was not very attentive or professional. Highly recommended despite this minor flaw. Tuna carpaccio with watermelon and tomato gazpacho was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eveningAussieguy33Dined on 29/8/2014This was our first time at the restaurant after reviews from a friend and we were not disappointed at all. The food was delicious and the wine brilliant. The service we could not fault at all and we walked away loving the place. Definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okpoppiesNYDined on 29/8/2014The food was great but the service... meh. Our server is judgmental, coming from the US where the portions are quite large we ordered a plate to share. She gave us a dirty look and said something to the effect of "oh you're only ordering an appetizer to share?". She could have just politely explain to us that a plate is inadequate for our table. Also very pushy about having us get other dishes/desserts. At the end of the meal, we initially were going to get dessert but with their pushy attitude we just wanted to get out of there. Otherwise the ambience and set-up is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSWFoodieDined on 29/8/2014This is one on the best meals I have had in a very long time. Not one element disappointed. We ha the lunch set menu and there were so many extras is was great value. 4 different amuse bouche, a pre dessert and 3 post desserts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelled expectationsHMTCDined on 29/8/2014A delicious and good value lunch menu with multiple additional extras made this a very enjoyable lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLondonLifeDined on 29/8/2014The food is good but terribly expensive, and fails to provide that "WOW" moment you would expect from such an institution. Service is fine but the waiters seem so obsessed about abiding by the highest standards of etiquette that they forget the simple things, like a friendly smile. The positives remain the overall presentation, restaurant decor, and the high quality of ingredients used. Briefly, Pollen St. Social is overrated and would not a recommend to a friend.
- Innovative cooking; great valuen6goldDined on 28/8/2014Wonderful set lunch at Pollen Street Social. Outstanding value at £33 for 3 courses plus 'snacks'. Perfectly executed, innovative cuisine served by knowledgable, friendly staff in a relaxed atmosphere. The only reason that it's not 5 stars is that it can be quite 'loud' (there really isn't any need for the background music) - my in-laws, both over 80, found it difficult to hear at times.Special Features:
- Matt ProbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/8/2014Awesome! Exceeded all of our expectations. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitLandRDiningInLondonDined on 23/8/2014The food was absolutely delicious, from start to finish. The service, however, died a death after the starter. Despite apologies, there was no explanation for the delays but the free and superb dessert told the story. I do hope the service we experienced was a hiccupSpecial Features:
- Set lunch menu - exceptional valueLFosterDined on 23/8/2014I went here with my husband last Saturday and opted for the set lunch menu. The food was absolutely delicious and lots of little extras thrown in, The service was welcoming, friendly and not too overbearing. We particularly enjoying our desserts and the dessert bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014This was one of the best restaurant experiences that I have had. It is an expensive place to visit, but with it being a special occasion, I felt it was worth it. Service was exceptional, but importantly for someone with children, warm, this being from the moment we came in, till the moment we left. Needless to say, the food was excellent and the best part of an amazing lunch experience was being at the dessert bar. I loved it, the kids loved it and most importantly, my wonderful wife loved it. I will have to save for a while to come back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing food, amazing value!londoner88Dined on 23/8/2014This was my 4th time at Pollen Street for the set lunch menu and I continue to be impressed. This menu is £29 for 2 courses or £33.5 for 3. It comes with the typical additional trimmings that a michelin star meal come with, i.e. amuse bouches on arrival, a dish between the main/dessert to cleanse the palate, and a few mignardises following dessert. Each of these 'freebies' are beautifully executed, like any of the other courses, making this an extremely great value set menu at under £40. The set lunch changes regularly, but is always tasty and unique. Jason Artherton's cuisine is impressive and original. Having eaten at Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester for £300 between 2, I would happily choose PSS instead! Lovely,unpretentious restaurant!Special Features:
- FonzDined on 22/8/2014The food speaks for itself, totally outstanding, the drama in presentation of some dishes add to making the whole experience a total pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodLadywholunchesDined on 21/8/2014We enjoyed lunch at Pollen Street Social. The set menu was excellent both for food and value and the service was extremely attentive. There is a ground floor disabled toilet albeit accessed through the kitchen, an interesting experience. In addition to your two or three courses you are offered a wide selection of delicious amuses-bouches and even, for a birthday girl, a little fancy in a swish presentation box. The only caveat is that food preparation is a little slow, or at least it was on the day we went. 45 minutes between placing order and first course. Food marvellous though.Special Features:
- Massive disappointmentGastrogirlDined on 20/8/2014Being Londoners & having eaten at lots of top end restaurants there are certain standards you'd expect, but still we're usually excited enough to overlook things. Being told that there was a 2hour turnaround, we planned our night accordingly. A cramped space with bare decoration meant noise bounced around loudly. Our issue however was poor service. We had to wave our arm for attention - seriously in a M starred restaurant!? - staff hung around larger tables, but didn't acknowledge us two. When our 2hrs we up we weren't even 1/2 way through, after endless asking when the next course would be. In the end we asked to miss out courses as we had a train to catch. Instead they rushed 4courses in 30mins. Ruined meal, rude staff, surly attitude.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodie444Dined on 19/8/2014We enjoyed a fantastic evening at PSS. Service was efficient without being overbearing. We started with cocktails which were inventive and delicious. The petite fours were original and presented brilliantly and got us excited for what was to come. The starters of Quail brunch was outstanding and was the dish of the evening. Mains were slightly less impressive but well executed nonetheless. Overall a highly enjoyable dining experience and highly recommended.Special Features: