Pollen Street Social
8-10 Pollen Street
London, W1S 1NQNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £41 and over
Pollen Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pollenstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 020 7290 7600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 6pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jason Atherton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Off-site catering and private hire are available upon request. Please contact our reservations team for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Pollen Street Social has one private dining room located on the lower ground floor of the restaurant. The room seats between eight and fourteen guests and offers a variety of reduced a la carte and tasting menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Georgia 02072907600
A word from Pollen Street Social
A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBritish
Pollen Street Social - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Pollen Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
802 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (539)fit for foodies (517)business meals (332)romance (281)outstanding value (88)pre/post theatre (80)group bookings (75)good vegetarian options (62)sunday lunch (55)brunch (40)afternoon tea (9)child friendly (8)disabled access (7)outdoor eating (4)Show More
- Great lunchCCCCDined on 26/11/2014Overall a wonderful dining experience, PSS doesn't disappoint !Special Features:
- Amazing!!Meat2vegDined on 25/11/2014Honestly had some of the best food I've ever eaten...highlights were the goats cheese churros and jerulasem artichoke soup! The English breakfast was a wonderful delight too. An amazing experience, we were also fortunate to see Jason there too, although we didn't get a chance to meet him which was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been very goodBournefreeVIPDined on 24/11/2014SEVERAL VISITS .ALL BEEN CLASSY FOOD EXCELLENT ALL ROUND .# FEW DAYS AGO TEPID AND ABSURDLY SMALL PORTION OF JOHN DORY , TEPID IN A TEPID SAUCE , PARTRIDGE OVER SALTED .Special Features:
- Tucked away gemLinRussDined on 24/11/2014Tucked away gem - wonderful food and friendly efficient service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely stunning!RadlauraDined on 22/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Pollen Street social, having being recommended by friends. We were not disappointed. The food was stunning, presented beautifully and in quirky ways.. the location was cool and chic, staff were friendly and courteous. Our dessert was made special by our waiter asking us if we wanted to watch the pastry chef's make our desserts! A truly memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NothardtopleaseDined on 22/11/2014Overall the food was good but not spectacular. I had expected more and was actually quite disappointed by the main course (Roasted Lake District rack of lamb, braised swiss chard, chanterelles, chestnuts, brown onion purée & fondue potatoes). Sides were too rich and the dish seemed to lack balance. Starters and dessert were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit, I guessPDHarnedyDined on 22/11/2014This is a difficult review to write, as it was good but didn't leave us with a feeling of Wow! Great welcome, good ambience, if a little large for fine dining. The food was tasty and some dishes ensure theatre, the Quail starter for instance. The wine list is comprehensive and a good read. The best bit of our lunch was however the cheese trolley, divine! Little touches like the herb trolley for making teas and the cocktail explanations were impressive. All in all a good lunch, but there are much better out there.
- Get's better each time.KevinDined on 21/11/2014Went on Saturday 22nd for our anniversary and loved every minute. Went for the a la carte this time a had the 8 course taster menu last time. Service impeccable and was recognised by Freddy one of the managers which was a nice touch as we engaged in a long conversation even though they were busy. Was recommended white and red wine to complement my course choices and enjoyed the cheese course offered by Jason Atherton and expertly advised by Ludo, only bad note was he supported Arsenal !!! Ended up having a couple of additional desserts as they just keep bringing them so was stuffed at the end. A real nice touch was we were given a box with a small anniversary gift We were also taken into to meet Jason and had a laugh around my partners choice to cremate her lamb. Overall a fantastic experience from service, ambience and food. I'd thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone Thank you so much for a great evening, Kev (aka Jeremy Clarkson) and AllisonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pollen Street Social Streets AheadPTINVIPDined on 17/11/2014Once you have worked out which Social you are meant to be in in the West End, the experience is good. As with a number of high-end West End restaurants, lunch can be a great option and this one delivered. Taking a long-standing client there, a first time experience for both of us, we were both impressed by the menu and the restaurant in general. And it is very centrally located (even more so once Crossrail emerges). The Prix Fixe lunch menu did not rely on cheaper, easy to push out dishes but instead gave a good range and good choice, although we could have fallen back on the main menu if we had wanted to. Generous amuse bouche (both before and at end of meal) led to light but well crafted starters. I had marinated sea bream which was a nice thickness which stood up well to the marinade and allowed greater flavour to be imparted. A plaice main course with bergamot and lemon confit, gambas and lemongrass was well balanced and light which was good as I was scheduled for a client dinner that evening too. A complimentary amuse bouche dessert of small cone with sorbet and chocolate sent us on our way. Service was prompt and attentive, much better than my experience at Locanda Locatelli's later that evening - although the fact that all the dishes arrived and promptly is not saying much but, in so many other ways, Pollen Street Social was, literally, streets ahead!Special Features:
- Pollen Street makes the evening specialdrgourmetDined on 14/11/2014As old Pollen Street foodies, we planned a special birthday celebration, and ate from the tasting menu. As before, the mushroom tea was superb, but we also very much enjoyed the turbot, the venison with beetroot, and the apple parfait. This is serious cooking, playing with flavour and showing real understanding of what goes together. And the service to go with it is so smooth and unobtrusive. Because we'd told them in advance, we were also given a small cake and a token of our visit. We feel quite at home at Pollen Street: from the cocktails on arrival to the coffee after the meal everything is planned meticulously, delivered promptly, and presented beautifully. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/11/2014The size of portions is ridiculous, a thimble of tastless crab salad for EURO 20 or so, you need magnifying glass to navigate through your menue. Very disappointing
- DemandaDined on 12/11/2014Our experience at this restaurant was incredible, ambience relaxed, food innovative and delicious. Highly recommend moving to the dessert bar after meal, we were treated to lots of little dessert tasters freshly prepared in front of us. Couldn't ask for better restaurant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2014Fantastic food, atmosphere and service. Great all roundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBushraDined on 12/11/2014Excellent food and service. We were cramped as the tables were so close together and we had to make an effort not to hear 2 sets of conversations ! Can't fault the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good and Affordable LunchFrannyDined on 12/11/2014Had a business lunch with a client here and had the set menu which at just under 30 quid for 3 courses is exceptional value for food of this quality. The portions were not too big without being stingy and the food was well seasoned, very good quality and not too rich. Amazing wine list and knowledgeable staff made the experience very good. My only complaint would be that the tables for two on the banquettes were a bit close together for a private conversation but that is a minor gripe. Would love to return for dinner. Other than table space, for me, it was pretty much faultless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing gastronomic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014We had the 8 course tasting menu for dinner (November 2014). It was such a wonderful experience, we had so much fun discussing the flavours and hotly anticipating our next course. We didn't have the matching wines but the staff were very helpful in selecting a wine that would suit the courses generally. Its such a great thing to do with your partner or friend - and you can easily spend hours there without issue. The service is attentive but not overboard and completely non pretentious. The chefs are brilliant. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMAIgourmetVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our second time at Pollen street ...excellent fare and service ... just exquisite really...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatYumyumDined on 7/11/2014The food was spectacular, presentation was amazing and it tasted delicious. When we arrived it was very chaotic and the two women on the reception desk didn't really know what was going on and were a little bit rude by not answering our questions (it just wasn't the slick entrance i would expect to such a high end restaurant), however the situation was mitigated by Jason himself popping up and being so polite and accommodating. Also the tables were a bit too close together so your experience looses some of its specialness as you can hear the woman on the next door table talking about her internet dating exploits. All this said, we're talking tiny imperfections it was still a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- Gorgeous lunchJBB6Dined on 6/11/2014We had a wonderful lunch here with friends, excellent service and glorious food. I shared the roast Turbot which was a special and then had a chocolate desert, which was delightful. The amuse buches and the petit fours where a lovely touch and the wine was lovely as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday mealLumlumDined on 5/11/2014I had a wonderful evening for my birthday. Lots of extras on top of the items we ordered. The staff were attentive and food tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fixed Price Lunch MenunortongingerDined on 4/11/2014Fantastic experience at Pollen Street Social. Service is fantastic, the food was top class and the lunchtime fixed price menu represents excellent value for money - most highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingcss1Dined on 4/11/2014Chose the set lunch menu which excellent value. The quality of the cooking was very good, although some of the food was over salted. Waited over 50 minutes to be served stater although restaurant at the time was not full and there were numerous waiters serving. (Problem between kitchen and waiters?). When the restaurant filled up it was very noisy. Despite the awards PSS has won, I would consider other better restaurants in London.Special Features:
- Amazing food, ambience had glitchesrestaurant101Dined on 1/11/2014Food was absolutely stunning, we were blown away by the presentation and quality of ingredients. Cocktail also to die for, superb presentation and garnishing and certainly have the wow factor. No music at lunch was strange especially when the restaurant wasn't full. Light bulbs out also not expected and I think the air conditioning was broken and had a fan occasionally blowing in my face and made lunch hot and slight uncpmfortable. Would definitely go again but hopefully the ambiance is better next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinDined on 31/10/2014Somehow it took two and half hours to serve the tasting menu. The food was excellent, but to wait approximately 20 minutes for each of tiny spoon-sized meals was quite enough.
- Special occasionJpt77Dined on 31/10/2014Fantastic experience. We, a group of 5, went to PSS for a double celebration. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. Complementary champagne was provided which I felt was a lovely touch. The food was fantastic. Every dish was exceptional. Stand out ones were the quail starter and the sea bass main. PSS also gave a cepp salad and sorbet on the house. All in all it was an experience to remember. My wife and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than hoped foreaterDined on 31/10/2014Took my wife for a birthday meal, having been to the restaurant for a business meal previously. The location is convenient. The setting and ambience is excellent. The staff are absolutely superb, knowledgeable, and really focus on your enjoyment. Finally, the food is without comparison; every dish was unique, surprising and delicious. Bonus was sitting at the dessert bar after the main meal and watching the kitchen in action. Could have stayed and watched all night. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice indeed but not cheap!StuartDined on 31/10/2014very nice indeed but not cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- UncomfortableJoanRocaDined on 30/10/2014Air conditioner broken made very hot the ambience . 3:30 for a tasting menu did the situation very unconfortable . The waiters did their best for changing the table in a different dining room after two hours !! but manager didn't give us any explication . Poor management for a michelin star restaurant . It seems that in london michelin inspectors does not have some parameter of Spanish or Italian inspectors .
- miriamDined on 29/10/2014Very bad experience as the end as the bar waiter asked us to leave the venue because we sat for a few minutes at the bar, to check our trains taiming after lunch and we didn't order a drink. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealBraddersDined on 28/10/2014A great restaurant hidden away on the back streets off regent street. Fantastic service, you are truly looked after and lovely, top quality food - pricier end of the scale, but that is to be expected for such a fantastic experience. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014Excellent food in a very friendly and warm atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodAarti001Dined on 25/10/2014I would recommend Pollen Street Social as a venue for those who love great food. I was celebrating my birthday and the staff were just so attentive, knowledgeable and very friendly. The food was just stunning from the amuse bouche right through to the petit fours. Each dish was packed full of wow factors. Jason Atherton has a really great venue here, the only disappointment for me was that I did not get to meet Jason as he was off on his travels. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallLondonerDined on 25/10/2014This is better than the Ledbury. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- InnovativetheatregoerVIPDined on 24/10/2014Very nice, innovative combinations of tastes and colours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has become very expensiveWattyDined on 24/10/2014I have eaten here on a number of occasions and had a good experience and always thought, despite the cost, was worth the money. However, my experience last Friday lunchtime was underwhelming and expensive. I struggled to find anything on the wine list for less than £60, I am sure this was not the case when the venue opened. The “afternoon tea” amuse-bouche was fussy and unnecessary, the crab starter was minuscule, but the main lamb was excellent and a good size portion, although my guests who had belly pork had to order a side of chips. My table of four shared 2 cheeses, which we thought given the cost, the portion size was very miserly. Used to be a fantastic all round restaurant, but feel they have priced themselves out of the market.
- MarvelousRonTDined on 22/10/2014It's a bit of a noisy environment here, as the place seems to be extraordinary popular. We guess it's the consequence of being 'social'. But the food soon claimed all of our attention: creative yet simple, diverse yet tasty. We loved the tasting menu and besides a small, weaker moment at the end - we did not get the coffee we ordered - the informal service was impeccable. Marvelous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SPECIAL LUNCHWebletDined on 22/10/2014On a short break to the capital. We are friends of Jason's brother so like to visit one of his restaurants for a 'treat'. Not disappointed, food was outstanding and service impeccable. If any downside my husband who hadn't been before thought it became quite noisy when it filled up just before 2pm.Special Features:
- foodie havenArthurDined on 21/10/2014wonderful food, relaxed atmosphere, very friendly service and not gimmicky (unlike some restaurants in its class). We had the tasting menu, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, and totally recommend both. We were also given the time to eat it, despite being told at first we had the table only for two hours.Special Features:
- Great lunchWelshwizardDined on 20/10/2014Had an excellent lunch with friends - nothing disappointed us at all, food, service and wines all brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/10/2014On Sat night I had booked a table for 2115 but we were told on arrival that the table was not available. We waited at the bar and after my friend asked for a complimentary glass of champagne we were kindly given one but we were not sat down until 2145 which was 30 minutes after our original booking. Things didn't get better as although the bread basket was offered 3 times no one came to take our food order for at least another 20 minutes. Eventually our food arrived at 2240 by which time I was not particularly hungry. The food was delicious but the portion of turbot I had was very small. No one came to fill our wine glasses and we had to refill them ourselves. Overall the experience was a disappointing.