Princess Victoria, Kensington
25 Earls Court Road
London, W8 6EBNeighbourhood:
Gastro PubPrice: £25 and under
Princess Victoria, Kensington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pvkensington.com/
- Phone: 02079374534
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm – 12am
Sunday: 12pm – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Princess Victoria provides an outside catering service that supplies everything from sandwich platters, finger food, canapés to a la carte menu. Our speciality is tasty and innovative canapes that can be catered for every occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: A delightful and charming central London gastro-pub offering a combination of dining and drinking for up to 110 happy guests. Located in exclusive Kensington close to Holland Park and all the delights of West End of London. First floor dining for 35 guests, drinks party for 50 guests or meeting space for upto 35. Ground floor bar happily accommodates 60 drinkers or 30 diners. Hire the whole pub with its’ first floor dining, drinking and event space and the ground floor bar.
The menu ranges from classic gastro-pub dishes, finger food canapés for a casual drinks get together or seasonal celebrations such as Christmas and Thanks Giving. Wedding parties, Christenings celebrations, birthday bashes, awards events, business meeting and eating are all a pleasure for us to host.
- Private Party Contact: Edmund 02079374534x
A word from Princess Victoria, Kensington
Great gastro-pub menu with daily specials, superb cocktails, excellent wine and premium beers. Funky music playlist. Sunday roasts all day. Neighbour hood bar and restaurant. Private dining room for parties, meetings and celebrations. Outdoor seating heated serving sheesha. Book on www.pvkensington.com or OpenTable. Winner 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Princess Victoria, Kensington reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since 25 May 2014
group bookings (11)special occasions (9)sunday lunch (9)outstanding value (8)business meals (6)fit for foodies (6)pre/post theatre (4)romance (4)brunch (4)outdoor eating (3)child friendly (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- back againtime2chooseDined on 13/9/2014last time had a meal with colleagues after work and enjoyed, so went back to the Princess Victoria with a group of friends after a day out sight seeing. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Never had so much bread with a starter...5 slices to go with my camembert. certainly not stingy with the portion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep up the good music!HchyDined on 27/8/2014Very good songs played. Dire Straits, Bill Withers. Would return to be entertained by the background music again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but inconsistent valuegreedygirlDined on 21/8/2014We went for dinner at Princess Victoria after work one evening, seeking something casual and good for reasonable money. The menu was great, with interesting variety - especially the sharing platters - but we were disappointed in the inconsistency. First, the pricing: the price for the rosemary and salt fries - £4 for a ramekin full - was laughable, and the chocolate fondant was delicious but TINY for the price. Finally, the sharing platter was supposed to have calamari, crayfish and prawns, but the crayfish had been replaced with fishy whitebait, and there were only two mean prawns, and no comment from the chef when we mentioned it. On the other hand, the salad was good value for £3.50, the calamari was wonderful and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a gastro pubJAK45Dined on 23/5/2014Restaurant was quiet upstairs from a crowded pub, with bare boards and no atmosphere as very quiet. Food was barely above standard pub grub and wine was expensive. Overall it was somewhat disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 16/5/2014very nice atmosphere and staff. have quite a few tables upstairs where the room is less noisy as downstairs - which was perfect for the group of friends i had dinner with. food is good but nothing amazing. would definitely recommend for an easy-going night out with friendsSpecial Features:
- Glorious Gastro pub, summer fave!Fredd9491Dined on 14/5/2014I love coming to the Princess Victoria, and when I dined here last week the experience did not disappoint! It's my first time reviewing the food even though I'm a regular, because I believe that since the refurbishment of this pub, it certainly deserves a special mention. There are fantastic windows that open out onto an outdoor seating area where I sat to have an early bite to eat with one of my good friends, and on this sunny evening it was the perfect setting to enjoy al fresco dining! I started my meal with a goats cheese salad and, rather naughtily, ordered their signature cheesburger, complete with glazed brioche buns! Absolutely delicious. We both enjoyed a bottle of white in the sun, and have already booked again for 2 weeks time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreadful atmospherelyndaweaDined on 26/4/2014We were a group booking of international diners. The food was not readily available - some items missing from the menu - only 2 tables in the whole restaurant - the service was spasmodic and changed waiters on 3 occasions. Overall a total disaster and everyone had something to complain about every aspect of the experience.Special Features:
- Everything a pub should beCJHafnerDined on 16/3/2014This is everything a small pub should be - excellent service, great food, charming setting.Special Features:
- Great little pubMollyDined on 27/2/2014Good menu, main course portions on the small side (the mussels in particular we're tiny) but yummyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place tucked awayHalaiDined on 17/2/2014We went with our 2 children and the team were very accommodating. The place itself is very nice and has a traditional feel about it. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good value and great funVanerDined on 1/2/2014We had a party of 8 and sat in the restaurant area above the pub. We had a great time. The service was really good, as was the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but extortionatesmudgerDined on 13/1/2014Great food but extortionate for a lime & soda - £3....careful if you are taking kids as their drinks may be more expensive than yours.....Special Features:
- Great location with friendlyJboffey90Dined on 8/1/2014Great location with friendly service, a good choice of drink, and a simple menu offering dishes that could suit a light meal or a three-course feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Gastro PubSteakMan123Dined on 2/1/2014We had dinner here last night and were pleasantly surprised at how great a pub this is. Tucked just off High St Kensington, we were welcomed as we walked in and sat down in a comfortable corner. Food was excellent gastro pub fare, I had the Rib Eye Steak which was cooked perfectly while my wife had the Pan Fried Scottish Salmon. There was an extensive cocktail list and the music was very cool. As the night progressed we noticed a good mix of locals and tourists enjoy this hidden gem! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJDasslerDined on 28/12/2013These guys really give their best and deserve a visit. Give them a chance, great hospitality.Special Features:
- Good food but slow and a bit rowdy.MattSW10Dined on 7/12/20138 of us went for dinner & although the pub itself is a nice venue & the service was ok, it took an hour from ordering to receiving anything to eat. 2 out of 3 staff seemed to be preoccupied with other things rather than listening properly to our orders (which then came wrong) although the quality of the food itself is very good indeed. The main let down was another table behaving in an extremely rowdy fashion (very loud singing/actual shouting for 10 mins) which was tolerated by the staff, all at the discomfort of all other diners. Even when they set fire to a menu & then threw a carafe of water everywhere to put it out, they were still tolerated & nothing was done & no apology for their behaviour which spoilt an otherwise good experience.Special Features:
- good gastro pubAndrewDined on 22/11/2013Its a friendly warm place that isnt a wash with the Euro crew.
- Atmospheric Gastro PubStephenDulwichVIPDined on 17/11/2013The Princess Victoria has character. Without making the place too modern & varnished, the restaurant & bar balances an old fashioned & clean-cut image well. The upstairs dining room was not being used (for Sunday lunch) which did not bode well...but, given this, the downstairs area was nicely packed, creating a lively atmosphere. The menu is a mix of pub classics (fish cakes, leek & potato soup & baked camembert for starters, & Sunday roasts, chargrilled chicken and burgers for mains) and slightly more adventurous fare (mussels & duck and port wine pate for starters, & fettuccini, seafood linguine and veal Milanese for mains). Presentation clean. The dishes looked fulsome & fresh. The wine list is as to be expected. Service the plus point.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!Foodie273Dined on 21/10/2013Everything was delicious. The pan fried salmon fillet was cooked to perfection, and the lemon butter sauce was superb. Had the Chocolate Fondant for dessert which melted in my mouth. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Princess Victoria, Kensington reviews archive.
- Very Poor ServicenothappyDined on 15/9/2013I was extremely disappointed in the experience at the VP. We were seated upstairs alone and essentially forgotten for most of the night. The service was quite poor, it took well over an hour for us to get our food. And for what I paid for the meal we should have gotten better. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Downstairs looked much more appealing.
- Highly recommendedELLE81Dined on 7/9/2013I booked the PV for a group of 10 girls looking for a relaxed but trendy place for dinner in Kensington. The pub itself is charming with a really friendly ambience. We found the food to be of a very high standard, whilst the service we received from the waiting staff was second to none. I would particularly like to mention the owner who went above and beyond our expectations in making the night very special for us with the personal attention he displayed in his warm welcome, putting bouquets of flowers on the table we had reserved, to giving the group a bottle of champagne, at no additional cost, to help us celebrate my friends impending wedding. We loved our evening and we will all definitely be going back next time we are in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely pub, delicious foodAnoosheMDined on 30/8/2013I had a great lunch here, and loved the ambiance. I ordered a beef burger with fries, and had some amazing cocktails from the bar. There were so many options on the menu I couldn't even decide what I wanted! I'm definitely going to be coming back to try the steak and fish options! Highly recommend this pub to people who love cool quirky places and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodfussyeaterDined on 23/7/2013The food at the Princess Victoria was good and the staff were helpful. It is good pub food in a nice part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were visiting London forGuesswhoDined on 3/6/2013We were visiting London for a week from Germany and stayed in Kensington. By chance we passed the Princess Victoria on the very first afternoon and had a look at the menu. In the evening we went for dinner and it was a very nice experience. Very good food (pub fare), nice ambience (vibrant neighbourhood pub) and very friendly staff (some not very experienced yet, but very kind and aimed to do the right thing). We ended up going back several time during the one week and it has become one of the most fond memories of this week, in which London made the best impression to us first timers.Special Features:
- Alright, sadly not wow.JennieDined on 31/5/2013My guest and I weren't overly impressed (based on other reviews as comparison), it rated in the nice enough but not on the "we'd return" category for us. My friend was less than impressed at the waitress smirking post putting down food on the table next to us followed by a full glass of wine falling over. The gents that worked there came to the rescue thankfully of the customer. The male staff did a good job overall, shame on the female staff on that night. Sound strange to write that but that is how we saw it.
- DELICIOUS FOOD! GREAT STAFF!thefoodmanDined on 28/5/2013We came here for dinner last week and were blown away by how friendly the staff were. Everything was very professional but conducted in such a way that we felt we were eating at a friend's house! Food was great, I had a Broccoli Soup with Truffle Oil to start followed by Seared Scottish Salmon which was cooked to perfection. Can not recommend this restaurant enough, it had a local neighbourhood feel to it. Great for a bite to eat before/after catching a movie at the Odeon cinema up the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGkiwigirlDined on 15/5/2013Took family friends here who were over from NZ and they LOVED it!!!! It was a gorgeous pub with a great atmosphere. The service was impeccable, it was nice to be greeted with a warm welcoming smile. The food was very tasty and had a great variety. I will defiantly be returning the this pubSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningVictoriaDined on 9/5/2013Delicious food, good quality-price ratio, great buzz about the place too. Highly recommended !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchBeatrixDined on 14/4/2013Late lunch at The Princess Victoria was lovely - good service, nice atmosphere and good English Sunday lunch. Limited beer selection for a pub - lagers and bottles, no bitter which we found odd. A fine Malbec made up for this however! A good spot before a walk to settle the meal to The Royal Albert Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great servicegoodfood10Dined on 6/3/2013went on a wednesday afternoon so was empty but a lovely pub great food, had the crabcake and bread and olives, big portions salmon for main with broccoli well cooked hot chocolate was devine! came to £65 for two people including a large glass of wine and cocktail each, worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday's dinnerGisellaDined on 19/2/2013I have been to this restaurant for my birthday booking from Italy and it was a memorable evening, everything was great: food, wine and service. recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, crowded, good foodNogharDined on 9/2/2013Went here with friends for a meal before a movie at the Odeon round the corner. We had more fun here than we did at the cinema. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed so the service was a little slow but it was cheerful and attentive. This is not the place for a quiet intimate tete-a-tete -- not on a Saturday night anyway. But good atmosphere, good food, good value. I have to dock a star though - they didn't stock ale, only (choke) lager. Come on! Fuller's brewery is only two miles down the road!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatre mealswededineDined on 20/1/2013arrived late so only had main altho starter menu looked tempting. our own fault. food was fresh, well cooked and service quick and friendly. i had linguini a la vongole with rocket & parmesan salad, all very good, would have it again. my partner had chicken sunday roast, veg was fashionable blanched but all was tasty n meat was of good cut for the price charged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SympathicAda92Dined on 8/12/2012We were looking a gastro pub where we can have English dishes. It is more European food but very good. There is no ambiance. The service est nice.Special Features:
- Cosy pub with great food & serviceAMawDined on 1/12/2012Lovely meal in this warm, neighbourhood gastro pub. The upstairs wasn't open, so all tables in the downstairs were full and it was a little tight, but very cosy and a great ambience. It was disturbed a little bit by some very loud rugby fans at one point, but the staff very politely calmed them down. Food was amazing and the decor etc. was lovely. Will definitely be going back - hopefully for a Sunday roast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Kensington RestaurantKTNFOODIEDined on 15/11/2012We went to the Princess Victoria for a mid week Lunch. Upon arriving we were greeted by some very friendly staff who sat us down in a cosy corner. There was soft jazz playing, lamps for lighting and some great wallpaper and paintings, the ambience was comfortable and cool. We ordered a a delicious bottle of Chablis and two portions of seafood linguine. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the mixture of clams, king prawns and squid in a slightly spiced tomato sauce was delicious. We split a home made Chocolate Fondant for dessert and I had a cappuccino that was made from Illy Coffee! I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eve due to amazing serviceDecadentgirlDined on 20/10/2012I can't recommend this place highly enough. The atmosphere & selction and quality of the food were great but what made the evening was the outstanding, personal service. We were delayed by problems with trains and had to get to the Apollo. When we told the waiter this, he made sure everything went absolutely to plan and to time. We loved the food, but the fact that he kept everything swift without being rushed, booked a cab, had the bill waiting meant that what could have been a stressful botched meal on the run was a lovely experience. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitDandB2piggysDined on 13/10/2012Early evening pre concert meal refurbished public house simply fitted out and quaint feeling ,staff friendly food slightly overpriced but would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princess VictoriaMonasdfwDined on 1/10/2012Love the eclectic comfy atmosphere downstairs and the upstairs dining is great for bigger groups or more room for finer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems like a little gem -cakemydayDined on 1/8/2012Seems like a little gem - Certainly not as friendly as suggested Starters, fritto misto and speck with figs and truffled mascarpone were good. The pork tenderloin and salmon were good. 16 hour ragu - portion size miniscule and the veal milanese very ordinary. There were no green veg available so we were served french fries as a substitute?? Dont go with any expectation of dessert as the delicious sounding rhubarb or salt caramel ice cream doesnt exist - very disappointing and displays a lack of care that every excuse was around them changing their menu. Dont advertise it if you cant deliver it or inform your customer ahead of time so that they could choose to eat elsewhere. LameSpecial Features: