Prix Fixe Brasserie
39 Dean Street
London, W1D 4PUNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Prix Fixe Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prixfixe.net/
- Phone: 02077345976
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 23pm
Thursday - Saturday:12pm - 23:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 23pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from Prix Fixe Brasserie
Located on London's iconic Dean Street in Soho, Prix Fixe Brasserie is a restaurant loved by locals for its affordable French brasserie cuisine. This is the kind of restaurant people come to for low-key lunch meetings, first dates and to wine and dine in comfort before hitting the Soho bar scene or one of the many local West End theatres. Cosy and intimate, the dining room is decorated with blackboard menus, ruby red feature walls, wooden floors and vintage French posters, and both the prix-fixe and a la carte French menus are peppered with favourites such as the spatchcock baby chicken with French beans and parmentier potatoes; steak entrecôte with fries and Béarnaise sauce; and roast honey duck with peppercorn sauce, spinach and mache quenelle. The prices at Prix Fixe Brasserie are almost ridiculously reasonable for Soho, and the quality of the food and service surpasses expectations time and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
Prix Fixe Brasserie - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Prix Fixe Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since 19 May 2014
pre/post theatre (198)outstanding value (119)fit for foodies (88)romance (66)special occasions (62)group bookings (60)business meals (54)brunch (34)good vegetarian options (29)sunday lunch (29)outdoor eating (23)child friendly (10)disabled access (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Another Great MealdstorryVIPDined on 13/9/2014I have visited here several times before and this week I had Canadian friends in town visiting and took them here. There were blown away with the quality of food, friendly service and most importantly the value for money that this restaurant delivers! Keep up the great work, I will be returning again! DonSpecial Features:
- WimbishwomanDined on 12/9/2014Have used this restaurant quite a few times now for pre and post-theatre meals and have always been pleased with the choice and quality of food. Thius time I didn't think that the choice was quite so varied and the quality of the cooking was not quite as good. The crab fishcakes tasted more of potato than crab and the cod mornay was a bit sloppy. Perhaps standards have slipped a little?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & reliableBigRussDined on 8/9/2014I frequently utilise Prixe Fixe for Pre-Theatre meals. Their set menu options are good and they change the menu every 3 weeks. Good simply classic cooking without being mind blowing but well executed and normally decent portions. Some items do require side orders some definitely not. Highly recommend and will returnSpecial Features:
- really very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Great food, great service, aiming to give us a great evening they succeeded. Under £100 for 2 including wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and reasonably pricedRemyDined on 6/9/2014This is one of my favourite restaurants in London. It's consistently good, I can always count on excellent food and good service. The pre theatre menu is reasonably priced considering how superb the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance in the heart of soholov2dineDined on 5/9/2014This is a little gem in soho with a quieter atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- as good as alwayshht293Dined on 4/9/2014I will keep it short and simple. I hadn't been to Prix Fixe for a while. So going back, the expectations were high... It was a fabulous dinner, great service and lovely food. The steak was sublime! Deffo 5-stars!Special Features:
- Great ValueLuluDined on 30/8/2014What a great restaurant... definitely surprise by the quality of the food, great service, very attentive waiters and very good value for money. Definitely keep it on my list for a 2nd visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent!SarahClaireDined on 30/8/2014We keep going back to this popular restaurant ... The owner / manager is so warm and so are the rest if the staff. The good is amazing. The menu has changed a bit in terms of the offer food, but definitely still worth the trip from Kent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatremagic69Dined on 30/8/2014Great place for pre theatre meal. The food and service along with its position in Soho were all as we had hoped for, as was the internet table reservation. Well done to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Soho findWoodyPDined on 22/8/2014A very nice little restaurant serving good food and with an excellent choice, all at reasonable prices, particularly in the heart of Soho Great for pre-theatre and any other meal for that matterSpecial Features:
- A meal with our Australian friendseatout1Dined on 19/8/2014Four of us dined at Prix Fixe Brasserie on Tuesday evening. My friend Angela and I met up with two friends on a visit from Australia.The menu had some interesting choices and plenty of veggie options. The starters were good which included the soup, falafels, and calamari - no complaints there. The mains we had were the duck and the gozleme parcel which were good, the tartiflette was ok but too salty, and the lamb which was tasty, but needed more potatoes. All in all not a bad meal reasonably priced, but my biggest gripe would be the noise level of people talking in the restaurant which made it extremely difficult to have conversations with our Australian friends.The ladies loo had toilet paper all over the floor but none in the dispenser.Special Features:
- AwfulCoppingtonDined on 14/8/2014.Starter was supposed to be barbequed chicken wings. They were tough, obviously pre cooked a day or so before, or more likely Out of the freezer. They were chillie hot with an orange sauce poured over. Nothing like the description given on the menu. I could not eat them, nor could anyone else at our table for four. My main course was duck breast. It bore no resemblance to a duck breast. Two thin slices of tasteless sludgy 'something'. Could have been anything, disguised in a sauce. Not the texture of duck. It was awful. I couldn't even swallow it. Dauphinoise potatoes!! Has this chef never seen how they should be cooked? They came as a very small square of compressed potato. Where was the cream and the rest of the sauce?
- Good, butpatboy50997Dined on 4/8/2014My dinner portion of Bavette steak was large, however my wife's breast duck was not a whole breast. it was two slices of breast, which we thought was a bit stingy really. Apart from this we enjoyed the Restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent pre-theatrefinzMDined on 1/8/2014Very tasty, good vibe, and great value pre-theatre dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good but a bit overpriced.AnnaDined on 30/7/2014Although the meal was nice I think it was a bit overpriced. The staff were a bit busy and it was hard to get their attention. In general it was a good place to go to but I don’t think I would become their regular customer.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantRozzieDined on 26/7/2014We had a table booked for 10.30pm after a show on a very balmy London evening. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and showed us straight away to our table. Great service, excellent food, very good value, attentive staff, perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prix fixe, so reliablejj51VIPDined on 25/7/2014We are regulars at Prix Fixe, when we visit London. The food is really excellent for the price and I don't think we've ever had a disappointing course. Service is always friendly and this time we had a rare - and excellent - Sauvignon Gris that was delicious. We'll keep going!Special Features:
- Lovely little placeNikkiHDined on 19/7/2014It took us a while to find the restaurant! The signage isn't immediately obvious - we even managed to walk past it 3 times before realising it was the little restaurant in between two others that were busier. The atmosphere inside was relaxed, which really put my mum at ease - she can get nervous eating in places she doesn't know - so straight from the off we had a good impression. The staff were happy to let us take our time choosing drinks and food and once the food arrived my mum kept saying how perfect her steak was cooked. She really enjoyed the meal as did I - it was very tasty (I had duck). Took mum there whilst in London for her birthday and would definitely go back again if in the area - very tasty and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful with friendly staffmaw501Dined on 18/7/2014I ate here on a date and it was a beauiful evening so I popped down before to ask if I could sit outside despite it being very busy. The manager told me this was not possible but if a space became available he would accomodate my request which he duly did my moving an extra table outside for us as soon as we arrived with typical French aplomb! The food was wonderful, I had the pork belly which tasted exquisite and my partner had the duck which was incredibly tender. The wine was also good, and everything was reasonably priced. I would certainly return to the place and recommend it heartily!Special Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Great location for pre theatre, great value but even more importantly the food was really tasty. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealnielslondonDined on 5/7/2014Lawrence and the crew treated us well and the food was all great!Special Features:
- Noisy and cramped, but good foodanngriffxDined on 4/7/2014Overall an enjoyable experience at Prix Fixe, on a very buzzy, busy Friday night, but boy was it loud. Tables are close together, lots of jostling and knocking into chairs, and we had to shout to be heard. The food was excellent, and good value, the wine a bit more dodgy and not the best value. Service was ok, if a little brusque, but understandable given how busy the place was. Overall not bad, though I might prioritise elsewhere.Special Features:
- Never lets me downCalBDined on 3/7/2014I've visited this restaurant with different dining companions on numerous occasions and only once have I ever eaten anything indifferent. Food is good, service is fast and friendly, and for central London the set menu early evening price is really good value.Special Features:
- The location was my favouriteE1GJDined on 1/7/2014Sat outside on a warm evening which was lovely and it's situated on a nice part of Dean Street. Pretty but plain inside for intimate dining. The food was OK, the main was the best flavour however not piping hot as I would expect. The waiters were not friendly but not unfriendly either and were quite slow but I'm not sure if this was intended. £60 for 2 including service charge (with only one glass of wine and one dessert). Overall a nice restaurant and I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangeToutDined on 28/6/2014Excellent friendly service and tasty food. Bistro atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was great.NoleaDined on 24/6/2014We had the mussels which were wonderful, as well as steak and fish. Food was slow coming out so we barely made our show. Allowed over an hour for dinner. Staff was very apologetic though. I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better & betterShiplyglennDined on 20/6/2014This was our second time to prix fixe and the place just got better, first time was last year on a wedding anniversary show weekend and didn't disappoint then, but since it's refurb it's got better.The service and ambience and food was great before but I think is got better. For a pre theatre restaurant it couldn't be in a better place just minutes walk from theatre land. This time was also on a theatre weekend so we knew that prix fixe would give us a fabulous meal to set us up for a great show.There menu is very good with plenty of choice and always cooked to perfection, the wine list has most popular wines and some very nice French wines to choose all at a reasonable price, and of coarse served with very efficient and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steaksnewtoguildfordDined on 10/6/2014everyone in our group ordered steaks and everyone was very happy with their meals. The rare and medium rares seemed to be the same, which was ok but if you don't like your meat a bit bloody you need to order well done, and the baby squid and calamari starter dishes were identical, but the food was excellent and everyone was saying they would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodJfsgDined on 7/6/2014The outstanding team at Prix Fixe always go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and are genuinely friendly. The food is of very good quality and the portions decently sized. A place I always like to come back to.Special Features:
- late evening dinnerlastminuteDined on 5/6/2014A last minute group booking that didn't disappoint. Courteous, polite and very accomodating staff. Diners tried each others' dishes & none could agree which was best: Duck Breast, Bavette Steak, Belly Pork & Roasted Seabass. Starters are tasty as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014It's a gem-of-a-place that works both for intimate dates and large parties (I have been twice; once for each). I had the set menu - mussels and duck - and though I generally prefer muscles in a bowl (so I can enjoy the sauce with a spoon) I thought putting the mussels in tiny holes within a plate was an inventive and interesting idea. The duck got better the more it marinated in the sauce (cherry and red wine I think) and the dauphinoise potatoes were very good. My girlfriend's steak and calamari were both very tasty too. Finally, it's all very reasonably priced and had a great atmosphere in a lively part of town. I almost don't want to sing its praises too loudly as I'd have to book ahead months in advance!Special Features:
- Excellent valuegrlfDined on 3/6/2014Fixed price menu befor 7pm such good value 3 course meal with bottle Prosecco for 3 just £100. Foodws so tastySpecial Features:
- Good valueBasonDined on 2/6/2014Enjoyed dinner, there seem to be a problem in the kitchen causing there to be a delay with the food coming out. Due to this issue we waited longer than usual, however without asking our drinks were taken off the bill as an apology, I was very impressed, didn't get a chance to try dessert but we will make a trip back there to try them out. Starter & mains were an acceptable standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish Delight !!!cynmbrobangorDined on 31/5/2014We enjoyed a great three course meal at this restaurant. The ambience is lovely and the staff are extremely attentive. Thanks very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French brasserienataDined on 28/5/2014Would definitely recommend this place for pre or post theatre meal or if you are just handing out in West End. For the prices you get the food is exceptionally good. Especially good value is their set menu. I don't think there are many places in West End or in London for that matter, that you can get 2 course meal of decent quality for £13.90. Would recommend to try their duck with cherry sauce, really lovely.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantBigfoodyDined on 23/5/2014Food was of good quality and staff were attentive but our waitor could of been a little more friendlier. He seemed like he didn't want to be there. Wore his hair in a pony tail with a pen in it. Grumbled and never smiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value pre-theatreMattieDined on 18/5/2014We enjoyed a relaxed pre-theatre meal here. The food was good and the service pleasant. Will certainly visit again when we next go to the Soho Theatre up the road.Special Features:
- Top notch french restaurantMusicmanDined on 17/5/2014Beautiful food, great service and excellent value. Been he on many occasions and it never disappointsSpecial Features:
- don't miss this!angersDined on 17/5/2014Wow! what a find! When we arrived for a pre theatre dinner I must say I was a bit worried by the loud group of people next to us, I asked if we could be moved and the waitress couldn't have been more helpful. We ordered our meal and didn't have to wait too long for the first course, and each of the following courses came in a timely fashion. The whole meal was absolutely fantastic, each course was the perfect size, the food was fresh and very tasty with great flavours and textures. We have all traveled extensively and agreed that it was probably the best meal we had ever eaten. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a fantastic meal with great service and at an unbelievable price.Special Features: