Prix Fixe Brasserie
39 Dean Street
London, W1D 4PUNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Prix Fixe Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prixfixe.net/
- Phone: 020 7734 5976
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm - 23pm
Thursday - Saturday:12pm - 23:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 23pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from Prix Fixe Brasserie
Located on London's iconic Dean Street in Soho, Prix Fixe Brasserie is a restaurant loved by locals for its affordable French brasserie cuisine. This is the kind of restaurant people come to for low-key lunch meetings, first dates and to wine and dine in comfort before hitting the Soho bar scene or one of the many local West End theatres. Cosy and intimate, the dining room is decorated with blackboard menus, ruby red feature walls, wooden floors and vintage French posters, and both the prix-fixe and a la carte French menus are peppered with favourites such as the spatchcock baby chicken with French beans and parmentier potatoes; steak entrecôte with fries and Béarnaise sauce; and roast honey duck with peppercorn sauce, spinach and mache quenelle. The prices at Prix Fixe Brasserie are almost ridiculously reasonable for Soho, and the quality of the food and service surpasses expectations time and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prix Fixe Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since 28 November 2013
pre/post theatre (187)outstanding value (104)fit for foodies (78)romance (63)special occasions (60)group bookings (50)business meals (39)brunch (34)sunday lunch (27)good vegetarian options (26)outdoor eating (15)child friendly (9)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (3)Show More
- Down to Earth in SohoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/11/2014Had a great meal here with friends. Beautiful steak cooked to perfection, a simple but delicious pasta dish for our Veggie, Seabass with octopus and chorizo and a great bottle of red. We were moved to another table towards the end of our meal to make way for a party of ten and the waiters handled the situation really well; we were asked politely if we wouldn't mind moving, we accepted and 30 seconds later we were chatting away on another table left to our own devices with a round of drinks on the house. Simple food cooked excellently, friendly service and a relaxed bustly atmosphere. So lovely to be able to book and not queue as per all the newbies in the area. This is an old-school, great restaurant. Your socks aren't going to be knocked off, but your feet will be firmly on the ground, planting you in a well-rooted position to enjoy a fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere,speedy friendly service, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Lovely atmosphere, speedy friendly service, great selection of good value meals that tasted wonderful. Five of us ate three courses with two bottles of wine, with tip for under £200. The quality of the food was not reflected in the price. Thanks for a great start to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggiesDined on 13/11/2014Good food and selection, but somewhat cramped tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHKwhyDined on 8/11/2014Went there with a group of friends and we have had a great time at Prix Fixe. The Foie Gras is amazing. Presentation and the taste is of top quality. Will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great little pre dinner restaurantJimmyDined on 8/11/2014Went to this place before going to theatre. The food was excellent value for money and the ambience and service could not be faulted. I would recommend.Special Features:
- BrasserieKizzaDined on 6/11/2014Nice small restaurant , went before show , service was quick , food was delicious ! There were surcharges on the main menu food and a hefty service charge , that was the only down side !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good servicedjdinerDined on 5/11/2014Very pleasant and informal and genuinely good value for money.Special Features:
- A lovely little gemYinika50Dined on 3/11/2014I checked the restaurant out for a romantic meal and was not disappointed one bit. Loved the friendly service and atmosphere. A great place to gave dinner before we went to Ronnie Scotts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything a restaurant should be!Pla01Dined on 1/11/2014The food was oustanding especially the Fillet Steak which is one of the best we have tasted - anywhere. The prices on both the set menu and the a la carte were very good value, and the service was exceptional. We were delayed over half an hour due to heavy traffic and had to ring twice. They assured me that they would keep the table until we did arrive (even though when did eventually arrive the restaurant was completely full with people waiting outside so they could have easily given our table to someone else). They also served our meal very quickly so that we would not be late for the theatre. My only regret in giving this recommendation is that it might be harder to book next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitAnonDined on 31/10/2014My 2nd pre-theatre meal Prix Fixe & just as lovely. We Arrived early but the manager was more than appy to accommodate us & the staff, who were all lovely, did not press us to order quickly, as is the usual practice in London restaurants....sit, eat, pay, leave! We ordered from the set menu, which had plenty of choice & as I'd read another review commenting on the house red, I ordered that too....perfectly quaffable! All in all & nice break from the crowds before fighting our way through the hustle & bustle to the theatre!Special Features:
- Excellent value for moneyStrang3rDined on 24/10/2014Good menu, friendly service, excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robust BrasserieMartymcbDined on 23/10/2014A bustling little place - perhaps a little cramped - which offers a wide selection of traditional French brasserie food on the a la carte menu. Excellent value for money. Service was not rushed and very friendly. House red was eminently drinkable - always a good sign. For an informal meal or as pre/post theatre dining it would make an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Why can't...gastronautVIPDined on 22/10/2014Why can't other London restaurants copy this business model. Professional service, good food, reasonable prices, clean environment, comprehensive not expensive wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, nasty toiletsscottydogDined on 20/10/2014I have eaten at Prixe Fixe a few times so that tells you it is a good failsafe option and so it proved on the latest excursion. The pre-theater set menu is particularly good value. Toilets however are very shabby and dirty when we arrived. We were the first of the evening's diners so there was no excuse for this. It is always a bit offputting to have dirty toilets in a restuarant. Dirty toilets = dirty kitchen??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCH BRASSERIEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/10/2014Prix Fixe Brasserie is one of those discoveries you make once in a while that leaves you wishing you had heard of and visited it much sooner. I and my whole family thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will have no hesitation in going again. Not only do they serve excellent food in an extremely welcoming and friendly environment, the cost is impressively reasonable. An outstanding evening and one that I plan to repeat, many times.Special Features:
- Friendly restaurantiluvfoodVIPDined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed another very good early evening meal at Prix Fixe. The atmosphere was informal and friendly. The food was excellent and the portion sizes good, complementary bread was delicious as always. Service was slightly rushed but it was a Friday evening and they were expecting to be very busy after we left at 7:45. Will be back!
- Idiosyncratic menu, good valueBenyaDined on 16/10/2014The menu is a bit strange for a bustling French-style brasserie (starters include scotch eggs and Greek meze), but the value is very good for a Dean Street restaurant, and for our party the food was satisfactory to very good depending on choice of dish (e.g. the duck and sea bass were particularly enjoyed). The wines can get a bit pricey, but the house offerings can be bought in a variety of quantities and were more than adequate.
- Ticked all the boxesEatoutoftenDined on 11/10/2014I booked this restaurant to catch up with friends not from London. This was my first time to this restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. Why I gave excellent rating? 1- Unbeatable central location in Soho 2. The food was delicious, lots of choices with good size portions for 4 hungry people who been walking around shopping in London all afternoon. 3. One of our friends was gluten free and there were plenty of options on menu for our friend to enjoy. 4. Friendly service 5. Cosy and fun atmosphere 6. Great value When we left, there was a long queue outside waiting for tables. So I would recommend booking in this place. All 4 of us really enjoyed the experience and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- our regularsamplermenuDined on 10/10/2014we head for Soho and Prix Fixe most times we are in London, always great food and a regularly changed menu, keep it up!Special Features:
- OK for Pre-TheaterDocHarrisHHIDined on 7/10/2014Picked this based on reviews as a pre-theater dinner spot. Food was OK but not a place that I would return to. It served it's purpose but we saw many other spots that looked nicer in the theater district.Special Features:
- Pre theatre valueCasualDinerDined on 3/10/2014Once again we visited Prix Fixe for a pre theatre meal and as usual the food was cooked perfectly with ample choice and excellent value for money. This comes highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Very well-pricedAEShDined on 27/9/2014I went to dinner with a friend here before a show at the Soho Theatre and we both had a great time. The prix fixe menu was very well priced. Particularly the grilled mussels were delicious. They were gerous portions as well - very good value for money for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rowdy and crampedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Having dined here before we loved it so booked again for dinner. On the past two occasions however, there have been rowdy and rude parties. Staff did nothing about this despite other diners' disapproval. Ambience similar to a rugby match, food ok. Very disappointing. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Perfect as everCaldiDined on 27/9/2014This little gem never fails to please. Top tip book in advance to ensure you get a table as this place is very popular and rightly so. Fine food and fine wine at great prices with no cutting back on quality, style or substance. Staff are attentive and the surroundings and ambience just tops this place off. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening dinnermersea2dineDined on 20/9/2014Excellent value for family get together, efficient but friendly service. Vegetarians and non vegetarians both enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueMiowJDined on 20/9/2014No-frills decor but man, the food is great, and I am not easily pleased. And very, very reasonably priced. My partner and I took my mother in law to the West End for her 81st birthday for the usual theatre and dinner combo, and I chose this restaurant mainly because of its good reviews. It was a good choice! My mother in law had been living in France since she was 14 years old, so she has many decades of experience of French food - and she was impressed. Doesn't happen often! For a pre-post theatre treat you can't go wrong with this little restaurant.Special Features:
- Post theatre diningNadineDined on 17/9/2014I have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions, however on this occasion I was rather disappointed: The ambience was not good, in fact we were the only diners, it was a late booking, but it was for my partners birthday and I felt it was ruined. Half of the menu was not available. We were not allowed to choose a table at the back. The food was not of the usual good standard and drunk people started roaming around us from outside. I have to say on a previous occasion post theatre dining, we had a good experience. But this recent experience has put us off dining here. We have always recommended this little place and feel sure, that if the manager had of been there, it would have been an entirely different experience
- Even my French friend loved it!TheOnlyJamieDined on 17/9/2014Great vibe, chilled and funky but not pretentious. Outstanding food and genuinely friendly service. Less than £40 each for 3 course and wine (inc tip!). Plus there early evening deals are a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentSurprisedDined on 14/9/2014A straight forward restaurants without gimmicks; the mussels were served steaming in a covered container and were full and softSpecial Features:
- Another Great MealdstorryVIPDined on 13/9/2014I have visited here several times before and this week I had Canadian friends in town visiting and took them here. There were blown away with the quality of food, friendly service and most importantly the value for money that this restaurant delivers! Keep up the great work, I will be returning again! DonSpecial Features:
- WimbishwomanDined on 12/9/2014Have used this restaurant quite a few times now for pre and post-theatre meals and have always been pleased with the choice and quality of food. Thius time I didn't think that the choice was quite so varied and the quality of the cooking was not quite as good. The crab fishcakes tasted more of potato than crab and the cod mornay was a bit sloppy. Perhaps standards have slipped a little?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & reliableBigRussVIPDined on 8/9/2014I frequently utilise Prixe Fixe for Pre-Theatre meals. Their set menu options are good and they change the menu every 3 weeks. Good simply classic cooking without being mind blowing but well executed and normally decent portions. Some items do require side orders some definitely not. Highly recommend and will returnSpecial Features:
- really very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Great food, great service, aiming to give us a great evening they succeeded. Under £100 for 2 including wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and reasonably pricedRemyDined on 6/9/2014This is one of my favourite restaurants in London. It's consistently good, I can always count on excellent food and good service. The pre theatre menu is reasonably priced considering how superb the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance in the heart of soholov2dineDined on 5/9/2014This is a little gem in soho with a quieter atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- as good as alwayshht293Dined on 4/9/2014I will keep it short and simple. I hadn't been to Prix Fixe for a while. So going back, the expectations were high... It was a fabulous dinner, great service and lovely food. The steak was sublime! Deffo 5-stars!Special Features:
- Great ValueLuluDined on 30/8/2014What a great restaurant... definitely surprise by the quality of the food, great service, very attentive waiters and very good value for money. Definitely keep it on my list for a 2nd visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent!SarahClaireDined on 30/8/2014We keep going back to this popular restaurant ... The owner / manager is so warm and so are the rest if the staff. The good is amazing. The menu has changed a bit in terms of the offer food, but definitely still worth the trip from Kent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatremagic69Dined on 30/8/2014Great place for pre theatre meal. The food and service along with its position in Soho were all as we had hoped for, as was the internet table reservation. Well done to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Soho findWoodyPDined on 22/8/2014A very nice little restaurant serving good food and with an excellent choice, all at reasonable prices, particularly in the heart of Soho Great for pre-theatre and any other meal for that matterSpecial Features: