Pulcinella - Glasgow
167 Hope Street
Glasgow, G2 2UQNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Pulcinella - Glasgow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pulcinella.co.uk/
- Phone: 01415720575
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2pm, 5pm - 10pm
Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wine
A word from Pulcinella - Glasgow
This vibrant privately-owned Italian on Hope Street in Glasgow is a great alternative to the chain-restaurants of the world - the food here is moreish and authentic, and the smiley service is a breath of fresh air. The dining room at Pulcinella is a cosy mix of red and white gingham tablecloths, bric-a-brac and lemon walls decorated with colourful frescoes, and the space is perfect for group dining, business lunches and office parties. Locals love the menu created with fresh market-bought produce, and favourites include the spaghetti pulcinella with chicken, mixed peppers, onion, garlic, basil and chilli; the rustica pizza with salsiccia, pepperoni and zucchini; and the calamari luciana with capers, black olives, garlic and fresh tomatoes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pulcinella - Glasgow reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since 20 May 2014
outstanding value (17)pre/post theatre (17)business meals (14)group bookings (14)special occasions (13)romance (8)afternoon tea (6)fit for foodies (6)brunch (6)good vegetarian options (4)sunday lunch (4)child friendly (1)Show More
- Saturday NightBrianLDined on 6/9/2014Excellent evening. Food and service excellent. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorryannagemmaDined on 14/8/2014I have eaten at Pulcinella many , many times over many years and have always rated it very highly in food quality, portion sizes and very friendly service from Toni, Mario and Diana. This occasion was my first disappointment. The minestrone soup, usually very thick and utterly delicious was a watery version of its former self with a few pieces of cabbage floating in it. The pizza, my first at Pulcinella, was just o.k. Toni and the others weren't there, perhaps on holiday but another of our favourite waiters was in attendance, sorry don't know his name, and was his usual friendly, smiling self. We will go back, but not in the immediate future. SorryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightBrianLDined on 26/7/2014Superb evening. The restaurant was full of people from different countries visiting for the Commonwealth games and the atmosphere was excellent. The food and service were outstanding. Extremely popular venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLBrianLDined on 10/5/2014Yet again another fantastic evening. Food, service and atmosphere superb. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Ordered a Martini and it was brought in a water glass which I did not like. However the food was good and was the value. The staff seemed a bit disorganized but friendly. overall a good experience and recommended. I would go back to try again the liver dish which I enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Invisible!BemacDined on 2/5/2014Although the food was pretty good. Standard Italian fair and really nothing to complain about there. The service, howeverm, was incredibly slow and we felt almost invisible. I honestly believe we could have left without paying and no-one would have noticed. It wasn't even that busy. Not sure we'll be back sadly.Special Features:
- fine dinning daywullmcbDined on 18/4/2014six of us had a lovely meal at this restaurant. staff very helpful and welcoming, food was delicious and great value. I will definitely visit again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGrubberDined on 30/3/2014Food was ok...found staff were really rude. Got seated & in the space of 10 minutes we were asked four times if we were ready to order, very rushed service! No " bye " or " thanks " when leaving. Would not go back to this restaurant.
- Wonderful food and great serviceannagemmaDined on 25/3/2014Wonderful food and great service from Toni and Mario. See you soon !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant Great foodGigghirl42Dined on 7/3/2014Very nice meal at a great price. Main menu prices are also good and there is lots of choice. Only reason food wasn't 5 stars was due to the bruschetta being on the cold side.Special Features:
- BLBrianLDined on 22/2/2014Another superb evening. The food and service were excellent, can't wait to return.Special Features:
- second time hereewanDined on 16/2/2014The staff we're very friendly and helpfull and accomadation to people with a lactose allergy andgot a free drink as one of our deserts came 5 mins after the others and we gad not even complained about it. Cant complain at 3 people having 3 courses a bottle of wine and 2 pints for under £90. If your looking for somewhere with a relaxed atmosphere this is the place to goSpecial Features:
- Good value & good foodFussycustomerDined on 14/2/2014Relaxed and informal atmosphere with good variety on the menu.Well prepared food, prompt service and very good value for money. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a beautiful mealannagemmaDined on 4/2/2014Once again a beautiful meal served with great service by Toni, Marco and Diana. Such good value and such good food !!!!Special Features:
- Gem of a restaurant.JanskiDined on 24/12/2013Situated in the heart of Glasgow, great food, wonderful service, good wine. We ate from the pre theatre menu and the choice of dishes are excellent. There were 6 in our party and everyone of us enjoyed every course. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLBrianLDined on 20/12/2013Another excellent evening. As it was close to christmas the venue was buzzing. Again excellent food and service. Looking forward to going back in 2014.Special Features:
- Back againRekinekDined on 18/12/2013Had visited once before and the 2nd time was just as great as the first. Good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Girls nightoutSweetiepieDined on 14/12/2013We had a lovely night. The meal was excellent and so was the service everyone was so friendly.i would definitely recommend this resturant and will most certainly use again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I are regularsannagemmaDined on 11/12/2013My friend and I are regulars at Pulcinella and we love it. Great food and very attentive service, all at very reasonable price. But our visit this week was spoiled by very, very loud Christmas music, totally drowning out conversation. I realise that we are getting near Christmas and there were a large number of parties in, but their enjoyment didn't bother us in the least. Another couple asked for the music to be toned down a little, but it didn't make much difference. I think we'll give Pulcinella a "body swerve" till after the festive season!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRekinekDined on 10/12/2013Very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere, great food and value for money with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre TheatreBrianLDined on 22/11/2013We went for a pre-theatre meal and it was excellent. The food and service were again outstanding. Excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Pulcinella - Glasgow reviews archive.
- Here again!!!!annagemmaDined on 27/8/2013I've lost count of how many times I've eaten at Pulcinella. Food always great and staff so welcoming and attentive. Best value in Glasgow!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service as always fromannagemmaDined on 10/7/2013Great service as always from Toni, Amil and Diana. For the first time ever, the chicken at my main course was really tough. So unusual. All the rest of the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like visiting friendsregularDined on 6/7/2013We use this restaurant a lot and this time we took two friends who enjoyed it equally.. Friendly and attentive staff always make return visits a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter graduated todayBrianLDined on 27/6/2013My daughter graduated today and we went to Pulcinella's to celebrate. The experience was excellent as the food and service were excellent. A great day had by all.Special Features:
- Old ReliableregularDined on 15/6/2013This restaurant maintains a very good standard visit after visit. Friendly staff and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb evening. FoodBrianLDined on 1/6/2013Another superb evening. Food and service were excellent. It was the first time in a few years that our family were together and we all thoroughly enjoyed this venue.Special Features:
- Saturday Night OutBrianLDined on 11/5/2013An excellent venue for a Saturday Night out. Excellent food and superb servicce. The staff are very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great food, huge portionsannagemmaDined on 26/4/2013Great food, huge portions all served with a smile. Terrific value. Love coming here for lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent evening.BrianLDined on 6/4/2013Another excellent evening. The food and service were very good and the staff were so polite and helpful. We visit this restaurant every 2 months and always have an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experiencebirthxpartyDined on 12/2/2013Mediocre lunch time experience. Having chosen alcarte, no mention was made of extra charge for veg & pots - thus worked out very expensive for what was on offer. Restaurant closed after lunch and we were made to feel most unwelcome and rushed out. This was a birthday lunch and therefore was more than little disappointing.
- Food as always was deliciousannagemmaDined on 4/2/2013Food as always was delicious and came piping hot to the table. All the waiters are friendly and helpful. Please do something about the toilets !!!!Special Features:
- celtic connextionOperaFoodLoverDined on 31/1/2013Ideal place for a pleasant meal nbewfore the gig. Pizza was excellantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glasgow1MazpadDined on 29/1/2013Excellent value for money. Good servings and an incredibly wide choice of options. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food and generousannagemmaDined on 15/1/2013Great tasting food and generous helpings. Waiters attentive and quick. Only one ladies toilet in use. Upgrade needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always. NeverannagemmaDined on 8/1/2013Great food as always. Never had a disappointing meal. Such good value too !!! Have already booked again for this coming week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but ....foodiereviewDined on 31/12/2012My friend and i had been seated for less than 30 mins when 2 women walked in, sat down next to us and started discussing with staff how the tables could be rearranged. it was very uncomforfortable feeling like you were in the way and the women kept staring at us making it more so. Once we had eaten our mains, the waiter came across and requested that we move tables as they had a private party starting ( other tables had this request made also) , we did this but then found that no one offered us desert or coffe making us feeling equally pressured to finish our wine and leave. The food was lovely, portions more than generous, just a shame the service/atmosphere prevented us enjoying the leisurely meal we had anticipatedSpecial Features:
- ExcellentYum4tumDined on 21/12/2012Went for post theatre dinner. Service good. Atmosphere truly Italian. Food first class and piping hot which is a rarity these days. My only point of note is that the toilets could do with a serious re-furb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous EveningBrianLDined on 27/10/2012Again this was an excellent evening. The food was superb and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We even used our bonus cheque from Toptable which was accepted without any fuss. Superb venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missed out on 5*thevikingDined on 27/10/2012Pulcinella just missed out of 5* due to their service, which wasn't bad, but we were sitting amongst a few larger groups and we did feel we had to fight for the waiters attention a little as they seemed more interested in tending to the groups. When we got their attention however they were very nice and helpful and the food was absolutely excellent. I would still definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.