26-29 Dean Street
London, W1D 3LLNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quovadissoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074379585
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch: 12pm – 2.30pm
Dinner: 5.30pm – 10.30pm
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 8am - 11am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We Have 2 dining rooms
The Marx room that seats up to 24 guests and the Leoni room that seats up to 12.
We can host drinks receptions and cocktail parties for up to 80. We also offer meeting facilities and day delegate packages.
- Private Party Contact: Eleonor Venning 02074379585
A word from Quo Vadis
Beyond the great edifice of Quo Vadis is a charming dining room where we offer our menu, amended merrily & daily. There is a bar serving cocktails and champagne, wines, ales and a menu of plain, simple good fare. We also boast two handsome private dining rooms,both beautifully appointed and very well attended to.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quo Vadis reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since 3 June 2014
fit for foodies (161)special occasions (155)pre/post theatre (153)business meals (134)romance (111)outstanding value (38)good vegetarian options (30)group bookings (27)brunch (27)sunday lunch (18)outdoor eating (14)afternoon tea (10)child friendly (8)disabled access (8)Show More
- IlseDined on 27/9/2014Food was not as good as expected given the prices. A bit bland and not outstanding. Service was quite slow.
- DisappointingJohnG4012Dined on 24/9/2014I was looking forward to visiting this Soho institution. On the night however it failed to deliver. The service was poor. To be fair the FOH staff apologised and said they were having problems. They also offered to comp our desserts. However what was really unacceptable in a restaurant of this calibre was that a plate of spinach hadn't been washed properly and there was still grit in it!
- Typical northernersextrahorseradishDined on 24/9/2014A few years back Quo Vadis was a bit too dear for the likes of us. Well, not unaffordable - just not really worth it with so many other good options out there. With Jeremy Lee's revamped menu offering options for wallets of all sizes, we thought now would be a god time to check it out. The verdict - nice for a special-ish occasion. The menu doesn't set off any fireworks - but what you have is very tasty, rib sticking comfort food prepared with great care and attention to flavour. Arbroath smokies with potatoes was a nice, delicate starter - then, both being of northern persuasion, we had the pie with chips on the side. The pie was hearty, with tender filling and delicious. The wine was fine and service attentive. All in all, a nice mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdinnerDined on 22/9/2014Great food, and the best service. One of London's great restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Cozy and relaxingWenwenDined on 18/9/2014The service was really good. They were all very friendly and hospitality. I had a wonderful time with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eel sandwich, who woulda thought?JPfromOxfordVIPDined on 16/9/2014Great and very British meal - eel sandwich followed by a beautiful game pie. Not one for slimmers!Special Features:
- Good ambience, interiors,TK69londonDined on 12/9/2014Waiters are friendly in general. Not all of them. Foods are ok. Nothing more than that. Choices are limited. Not really well located. Clouded area, with too many pubs around. You need membership to visit The bar upstairs, even after taking dinner here.Special Features:
- JLMadridJlllorenteDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful experience: great food and magnificent service and environment and fair price ... I will recommend the restaurant to friends and family and hope to repeat in a future visit to London. Menu and quantities are perfect ....Special Features:
- Too rich!KM36Dined on 5/9/2014The food was very good... BUT too rich, lots of creamy sauces etc- very expensive, but service is great... maybe we chose badly
- Stylish yet relaxedcharla852Dined on 4/9/2014Great place to have a leisurely lunch/dinner party. The staff is just the right balance of attentive and laid-back. The bread is fresh and extremely good, as is everything I've had there on both occasions I've visited. The seafood is particularly delicious! Excellent wine selection, and (more of a red wine drinker) the white wine suggestion was spot on for the food I had.Special Features:
- charming mealditaDined on 30/8/2014We booked for a pre-theatre meal with my parents. Everybody we had contact with were friendly proffessional and a real credit to the restaurant. The service was perfect-at no time did we feel silly or rushed, the attention to detail was fantastic. Now to the food; a perfect selection for any taste a generous amount of food without making you feel greedy not too heavy to make sleep during your show! The cocktails were lovely. I would eat there again in a heartbeat. The a la carte menu looked fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicecosmoDined on 29/8/2014This is our third visit to Quo Vadis and the service and food are always of the highest standard. Will continue to use the restaurant and recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, Quo VadisGolightlyDined on 29/8/2014It was my son's 30th birthday. I'd let them know, but they were extremely kind and attentive, serving him a complimentary glass of champagne to start and a fabulous ice-cream to finish. The food was terrific - I'm a vegetarian, and although the choice was limited, it suited me fine. And the price was very reasonable for a first-rate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmanDined on 26/8/2014Excellent dinner at Quo Vadis. Very comfortable, excellent service and wonderful chips!!!
- Never fails to deliverspwallisVIPDined on 23/8/2014Another cracking meal. Good food supported by excellent service Quo Vadis delivers across the board. The set up here is just about spot on, the large reception area leads into the cocktail bar which itself leads into the main restaurant. It all flows seamlessly which sort of sets the agenda flor the whole experience. The menu may not be as expansive as some, but what they do they do exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingly expensivealadywholunchesDined on 23/8/2014Quo Vardis is a smart venue, with friendly staff and good service. Large comfortable tables with crisp white table cloths. But our pre theatre set menu was very disappointing. The simple beetroot and boiled egg salad was tasty. However for the main course there was the choice of a vegetarian crepe or liver. A large pile of overcooked liver arrived that you could barely cut, no garnish. I sent this back and opted for the vegetarian crepe which was bland and very heavy. On the limited menu, there was little else that appeared interesting to try. A truly disappointing and very expensive lunch.Special Features:
- Great Soho institutionthegallopinggourmetVIPDined on 22/8/2014Quo Vadis these days is great. Lovely service, interesting food, good menu, decent wines at good prices. Top marks
- The only problem was my guest...anyoneforlunchDined on 14/8/2014..who arrived half an hour late. As ever, Quo Vadis' calm good humour and efficiency restored my equilibrium and the summer salad restored my senses. The tardy guest had Cornish mackerel and said it was outstanding.Special Features:
- An old classic is backTheCADDined on 13/8/2014I have been here 5-8 times over the past year and it's brilliant every time. I have used the private dinning room for a work dinner, which was awesome, and bring my wife and clients here for dinner. Had the Grouse on the 13th and it was the finest game I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Lovely meal and great serviceKathy61Dined on 13/8/2014I'm a big fan of Quo Vadis - the restaurant has a really nice ambience. The food was really good (I had Sweetbreads as my main course which were excellent) as was the wine and the head waiter charming and funny - we had a really relaxed evening. My one thing is that occasionally as the menu has a bit of an eclectic feel I'm not sure what to order and could occasionally do with a slightly wider choice but that said having been there several times in the last couple of years i've never had a meal I didn't really enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodnonoDined on 11/8/2014Already reviewed on TripAdvisor and had a fantastic meal here, highlights including the lamb sweetbreads and the veal with polentaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre mealhowdy84Dined on 4/8/2014Had a very nice meal there before seeing 1984. The staff knew we were heading to the theatre and arranged the meal accordingly which was great.Special Features:
- intersting menudaveyboyDined on 2/8/2014Although the choice of mains and starters was rather small there were a number of interesting appetizers. Do not be lured into ordering the side dishes. £5.50 for a bowl of new potatoes !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchMarFerVIPDined on 31/7/2014Wonderful late lunch. Service was impeccable. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To restaurantColinDined on 30/7/2014Very simply, top food and service. We had fish/seafood starters and mains and these were excellent.Special Features:
- Quo Vadis SohoBellaVIPDined on 23/7/2014A friend 7 I had lunch at Quo Vadis through the week, it's a really popular place for theatre goers and actors, it was very noisy but vibrant. The food and the service are first class - I'd be happy to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastMarkVIPDined on 23/7/2014A group of us went for breakfast, the food was fine, it was slightly odd that we were sat in glorious isolation on the top floor/Special Features:
- Lunch 23 July 2014Terry1Dined on 22/7/2014Good ambience and very friendly and helpful staff. Wine prices stiff and menu for lunch was fairly short, with some items peculiar e.g sardines with fried egg. That said, we enjoyed it all as a one-off experience.Special Features:
- Love Quo VadisMattDined on 18/7/2014The food and service are always fantastic, its a lovely place to eat. My wife had a really tough week and they gave us a some free champagne which always helps her unwind..!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantLuv2dineDined on 18/7/2014We hadn't been to Quo Vadis for a while and wondered why we don't go more often. Excellent food with a menu changing on a regular basis, great service, very friendly, good cocktails and also well priced, and a good ambience and decor. We will definitely be going back and as my friend dines out a lot for business he will be coming back regularly.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingHRWrightDined on 16/7/2014Quo Vadis never disappoints, I have eaten here a number of times now and am always impressed by the food, value and service. This visit was no exception; six of us ate (and drank!) abundantly for about £60/head but you could pay far less. The theatre set menu at £20 for 3 courses and excellent house wine at £22/bottle are west end bargains! The smoked eel sandwich is a must-order dish. Service polished yet informal. Ambience lively. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceperfectfood2014Dined on 15/7/2014What a treat this place is! Superb food with a mainly British focus on their regularly changing menu. The wine was great and cocktails upstairs in the private lounge were delicious and unique! The staff were great downstairs, very attentive and good humoured. A perfect place to catch up with good friends and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasurespwallisVIPDined on 12/7/2014Quo Vadis is a proper restaurant serving proper food, no themes no pretence just honest well cooked food that delivers on every level. Enough said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh British seasonal food3NortherndinersDined on 12/7/2014We arrived late and for our table due too horrendous traffic but were greeted with smiles and prompt service. The menu is short and the format takes a bit of concentration. The crab mayonnaise starter was all white meat and therefore lacking a bit in flavour whereas the crab soup was an intense brown broth with delicious rouille and oily, crunchy toast. Roast lamb with anchovy and beans was juicy, pink and perfect, the mackerel was fresh and simply presented with pickled gooseberries, a modern twist on a traditional pairing. Sides of jersey royals were generous. Although we had no room for desserts we were treated to chocolate prunes with our coffee. The food is moderately priced for Soho but wine is expensive. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as first timeFrangipaniDined on 11/7/2014I had been to Quo Vadis a few years ago and had loved the food; this time was a bit of a disappointment however. On the positive side, we had excellent cocktails at the bar and our waiter was charming and efficient. The food was mixed: all of us had the crab soup but none of us liked it (too salty). The steamed sea trout was very good. The ice cream was nice but the chocolate gateau so-so. The wine list was extensive but the mark up was much too high: limited choice of bottles under £40. Considering all that, the final bill of £61 a head did not represent value for money. I woud probably still try you again, maybe for lunch, and see how it goes.
- Very goodeatmannDined on 11/7/2014Very good, yes, indeed it was - is this fifty characters now?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longman1950Dined on 10/7/2014Keeps up a very high level of sensible market cooking - the menu changes twice a day...crab soup was especially fine, so too the squid and samphire, the peach trifle...and of course the room is smart and formal without being stuffy or too loud...even the rose was above parSpecial Features:
- And Again!BharatDined on 8/7/2014Never tire of Quo Vadis...as good as ever! Food and service exemplary. Quo Vadis and Soho, a great combination!Special Features:
- Salad sharing over new businessanyoneforlunchDined on 8/7/2014Booked at early table at Quo Vadis for lunch with a stranger to talk new business. She was late but fun. We shared two superb salads - warm Longhorn beef and the Quo Vadis summer special. Both delicicous - the latter exceptional. No wine etc. but even so, the bill was very reasonable and the staff good fun and efficient. Perfect.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmospherejuniperchickDined on 5/7/2014Quo Vadis was just what I was looking for, good food, great atmosphere and not stuffy. The menu was small and mainly seasonal, but there's something for everyone. Food was delicious and the staff were excellent. Had a great time. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.