26-29 Dean Street
London, W1D 3LLNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quovadissoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074379585
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch: 12pm – 2.30pm
Dinner: 5.30pm – 10.30pm
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 8am - 11am
Lunch: 1 pm - 3.30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We Have 2 dining rooms
The Marx room that seats up to 24 guests and the Leoni room that seats up to 12.
We can host drinks receptions and cocktail parties for up to 80. We also offer meeting facilities and day delegate packages.
- Private Party Contact: Eleonor Venning 02074379585
A word from Quo Vadis
Beyond the great edifice of Quo Vadis is a charming dining room where we offer our menu, amended merrily & daily. There is a bar serving cocktails and champagne, wines, ales and a menu of plain, simple good fare. We also boast two handsome private dining rooms,both beautifully appointed and very well attended to.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quo Vadis reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since 30 October 2013
fit for foodies (161)pre/post theatre (156)special occasions (152)business meals (135)romance (116)outstanding value (39)good vegetarian options (31)group bookings (28)brunch (27)sunday lunch (23)outdoor eating (13)afternoon tea (12)disabled access (9)child friendly (8)Show More
- Solid service with good foodBC1056Dined on 25/10/2014Interesting menu - staff a tad snooty but I'll put that down to inexperience. Nice food, well presented. Cost of the desert wine is a bit of a shocker, though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning from start to finishtokissthecookDined on 25/10/2014Oh I don't know how to rave loudly enough about my Saturday lunch at Quo Vadis. I'd read an interview with Margot Henderson where she mentioned it was one of her favorites so I followed her advice and started with the whole crab with fresh mayonnaise, which was incredibly simple, fresh and lighter than it sounds. The whole roasted mackeral was perfectly balanced with spicy horseradish and sweet/sour gooseberries and it went well with a half bottle pouilly fume that was on special. Though I have to say that my absolute favorite part was dessert--a pear and blueberry mess with hazelnut meringue. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant for breakfastNiktreatDined on 16/10/2014We have enjoyed lunch & dinner in Quo Vadis before but this was our first visit for breakfast & we found it thoroughly agreeable. The ambience is pleasant as always, the coffee, orange juice & food good, the service prompt without being rushed & the cost very reasonable. When we ordered two of the 'Bakery' selection of rye sourdough, white plain & fruited manchet, the waiter helpfully pointed out that one shared between us would probably be sufficient, & this proved to be the case. The breakfast set us up nicely for a busy day & we will certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableJawa61Dined on 15/10/2014Good atmosphere, good food and nice to see the Chef in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faultless82muchDined on 13/10/2014Great classic meal. Good value and excellent service. Sides a little overpriced was the only mrgativeSpecial Features:
- ellaDined on 11/10/2014Over all good food and good ambience. Service was good.Special Features:
- PanjoVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fabulous soup very good Guinea fowl - excellent ginger and marmalade pudding - but ooh no horrid 'Birds' custard - tasting too much like old style school dinners Excellent wine and as I was a woman diner on my own for 2 hours with time to spare I was well looked after Just a pity about the custardSpecial Features:
- good old fashioned serviceSparklyDined on 4/10/2014Unfortunately the menu at quo vadis isn't what it used to be. It's trying too hard. It used to be traditional, well turned out food. Now the food is good but not great. The menu is also quite limited in comparison. The service is still exceptional. I doubt I'll go back.Special Features:
- Skip Quo VadisFoodTraveller888Dined on 3/10/2014Quo Vadis was recommended to us by a well informed foodie friend from London. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed by the experience. The service was sub par and mostly absent. The food was mediocre and poorly executed. And the prices would suggest a better overall product. We spent less on other far better dinners during our stay in London. I would not recommend Quo Vadis to anyone that I considered a friend.Special Features:
- Quote Vadis0ndineDined on 2/10/2014I dined at Quo twice this week and enjoyed a peaceful supper both times. Excellent food, and a subtle but noticeable change to the menu was a nice, unexpected touch.Special Features:
- QV always goodRetiredRogDined on 2/10/2014The food, as always, was very, very good (we've been 5or 6 times or more) and there is an excellent choice of wine by the glass, for those who don't want to drink too much pre-theatre. This time the service was not quite so good; to be fair we arrived early for a 5.30pm booking, but after a drink in the bar the staff still did not seem to be quite ready in the restaurant and we were served by a series of different individuals. There did appear to be a function upstairs and this may have put pressure on so early in the evening. It won't stop us going again because the food has always been so good, it is so convenient for theatreland and has a very relaxed ambience.Special Features:
- LovelyYummyDined on 30/9/2014A fabulous restaurant for lunch with the girls. Will be back soon with hubbie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total and complete Rip Off.NoGoQuoDined on 29/9/2014Absolutely disgusting! Arbroath Smokie dish contained was 90% Potato. Prosecco was barely chilled. Skate was just about the most unpleasant fish that l have ever tasted and the tartar sauce was bitter. Desert was a piece of stodgy cake served up with a dash of shaving form cream and a teaspoonful of some kind of stewed apple. The only reason that l did not complain was that l was taking out my stepdaughter on her last night in London and did not wish to therefore spoil the evening, otherwise had l been alone or with my wife l would have kicked up a huge fuss.. Your attempt to charge £3.50 for a bottle of tap water however went too far. Michael Winner in his review was 100% correct, pity you chose to take no notice.Special Features:
- IlseDined on 27/9/2014Food was not as good as expected given the prices. A bit bland and not outstanding. Service was quite slow.
- Good once againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Always enjoy Quo Vadis, great food, fun experience. Cocktails interesting and the cooking is always a bit different if you want it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnG4012Dined on 24/9/2014I was looking forward to visiting this Soho institution. On the night however it failed to deliver. The service was poor. To be fair the FOH staff apologised and said they were having problems. They also offered to comp our desserts. However what was really unacceptable in a restaurant of this calibre was that a plate of spinach hadn't been washed properly and there was still grit in it!
- Typical northernersextrahorseradishDined on 24/9/2014A few years back Quo Vadis was a bit too dear for the likes of us. Well, not unaffordable - just not really worth it with so many other good options out there. With Jeremy Lee's revamped menu offering options for wallets of all sizes, we thought now would be a god time to check it out. The verdict - nice for a special-ish occasion. The menu doesn't set off any fireworks - but what you have is very tasty, rib sticking comfort food prepared with great care and attention to flavour. Arbroath smokies with potatoes was a nice, delicate starter - then, both being of northern persuasion, we had the pie with chips on the side. The pie was hearty, with tender filling and delicious. The wine was fine and service attentive. All in all, a nice mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestEggo46Dined on 24/9/2014Quo Vadis is extremely hard to beat for the sheer quality of food and service and the atmosphere whether day or night, is legendary. My favourite restaurant in the world without a shadow of a doubt. Jeremy is a chef amogst chefs. Well done to all concernedSpecial Features:
- ExcellentdinnerDined on 22/9/2014Great food, and the best service. One of London's great restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Cozy and relaxingWenwenDined on 18/9/2014The service was really good. They were all very friendly and hospitality. I had a wonderful time with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eel sandwich, who woulda thought?JPfromOxfordVIPDined on 16/9/2014Great and very British meal - eel sandwich followed by a beautiful game pie. Not one for slimmers!Special Features:
- Good ambience, interiors,TK69londonDined on 12/9/2014Waiters are friendly in general. Not all of them. Foods are ok. Nothing more than that. Choices are limited. Not really well located. Clouded area, with too many pubs around. You need membership to visit The bar upstairs, even after taking dinner here.Special Features:
- JLMadridJlllorenteDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful experience: great food and magnificent service and environment and fair price ... I will recommend the restaurant to friends and family and hope to repeat in a future visit to London. Menu and quantities are perfect ....Special Features:
- Too rich!KM36Dined on 5/9/2014The food was very good... BUT too rich, lots of creamy sauces etc- very expensive, but service is great... maybe we chose badly
- Stylish yet relaxedcharla852Dined on 4/9/2014Great place to have a leisurely lunch/dinner party. The staff is just the right balance of attentive and laid-back. The bread is fresh and extremely good, as is everything I've had there on both occasions I've visited. The seafood is particularly delicious! Excellent wine selection, and (more of a red wine drinker) the white wine suggestion was spot on for the food I had.Special Features:
- charming mealditaDined on 30/8/2014We booked for a pre-theatre meal with my parents. Everybody we had contact with were friendly proffessional and a real credit to the restaurant. The service was perfect-at no time did we feel silly or rushed, the attention to detail was fantastic. Now to the food; a perfect selection for any taste a generous amount of food without making you feel greedy not too heavy to make sleep during your show! The cocktails were lovely. I would eat there again in a heartbeat. The a la carte menu looked fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicecosmoDined on 29/8/2014This is our third visit to Quo Vadis and the service and food are always of the highest standard. Will continue to use the restaurant and recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, Quo VadisGolightlyDined on 29/8/2014It was my son's 30th birthday. I'd let them know, but they were extremely kind and attentive, serving him a complimentary glass of champagne to start and a fabulous ice-cream to finish. The food was terrific - I'm a vegetarian, and although the choice was limited, it suited me fine. And the price was very reasonable for a first-rate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmanDined on 26/8/2014Excellent dinner at Quo Vadis. Very comfortable, excellent service and wonderful chips!!!
- Never fails to deliverspwallisVIPDined on 23/8/2014Another cracking meal. Good food supported by excellent service Quo Vadis delivers across the board. The set up here is just about spot on, the large reception area leads into the cocktail bar which itself leads into the main restaurant. It all flows seamlessly which sort of sets the agenda flor the whole experience. The menu may not be as expansive as some, but what they do they do exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingly expensivealadywholunchesDined on 23/8/2014Quo Vardis is a smart venue, with friendly staff and good service. Large comfortable tables with crisp white table cloths. But our pre theatre set menu was very disappointing. The simple beetroot and boiled egg salad was tasty. However for the main course there was the choice of a vegetarian crepe or liver. A large pile of overcooked liver arrived that you could barely cut, no garnish. I sent this back and opted for the vegetarian crepe which was bland and very heavy. On the limited menu, there was little else that appeared interesting to try. A truly disappointing and very expensive lunch.Special Features:
- Great Soho institutionthegallopinggourmetVIPDined on 22/8/2014Quo Vadis these days is great. Lovely service, interesting food, good menu, decent wines at good prices. Top marks
- The only problem was my guest...anyoneforlunchVIPDined on 14/8/2014..who arrived half an hour late. As ever, Quo Vadis' calm good humour and efficiency restored my equilibrium and the summer salad restored my senses. The tardy guest had Cornish mackerel and said it was outstanding.Special Features:
- An old classic is backTheCADDined on 13/8/2014I have been here 5-8 times over the past year and it's brilliant every time. I have used the private dinning room for a work dinner, which was awesome, and bring my wife and clients here for dinner. Had the Grouse on the 13th and it was the finest game I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Lovely meal and great serviceKathy61Dined on 13/8/2014I'm a big fan of Quo Vadis - the restaurant has a really nice ambience. The food was really good (I had Sweetbreads as my main course which were excellent) as was the wine and the head waiter charming and funny - we had a really relaxed evening. My one thing is that occasionally as the menu has a bit of an eclectic feel I'm not sure what to order and could occasionally do with a slightly wider choice but that said having been there several times in the last couple of years i've never had a meal I didn't really enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodnonoDined on 11/8/2014Already reviewed on TripAdvisor and had a fantastic meal here, highlights including the lamb sweetbreads and the veal with polentaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre mealhowdy84Dined on 4/8/2014Had a very nice meal there before seeing 1984. The staff knew we were heading to the theatre and arranged the meal accordingly which was great.Special Features:
- intersting menudaveyboyDined on 2/8/2014Although the choice of mains and starters was rather small there were a number of interesting appetizers. Do not be lured into ordering the side dishes. £5.50 for a bowl of new potatoes !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchMarFerVIPDined on 31/7/2014Wonderful late lunch. Service was impeccable. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To restaurantColinDined on 30/7/2014Very simply, top food and service. We had fish/seafood starters and mains and these were excellent.Special Features: