26-29 Dean Street
London, W1D 3LLNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quovadissoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7437 9585
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Lunch: 12pm – 2.30pm
Dinner: 5.30pm – 10.30pm
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 8am - 11am
Lunch: 1 pm - 3.30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We Have 2 dining rooms
The Marx room that seats up to 24 guests and the Leoni room that seats up to 12.
We can host drinks receptions and cocktail parties for up to 80. We also offer meeting facilities and day delegate packages.
- Private Party Contact: Eleonor Venning 02074379585
A word from Quo Vadis
Beyond the great edifice of Quo Vadis is a charming dining room where we offer our menu, amended merrily & daily. There is a bar serving cocktails and champagne, wines, ales and a menu of plain, simple good fare. We also boast two handsome private dining rooms,both beautifully appointed and very well attended to.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quo Vadis reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since 28 November 2013
fit for foodies (161)pre/post theatre (154)special occasions (153)business meals (132)romance (114)outstanding value (34)good vegetarian options (29)group bookings (28)sunday lunch (26)brunch (25)afternoon tea (13)outdoor eating (13)disabled access (10)child friendly (8)Show More
- Simply The BestEggo46VIPDined on 24/11/2014Through my business I spend time in many of the most exciting cities in the world and have the good fortune of being able to dine in some of the finest restaurants in these cities. Quo Vadis is a very very special place with wonderful people looking after you and the food is second to none. It is indeed my very favorite in a long list of many wonderful top top quality restaurants. I need my Quo Vadis fix when I visit London. What a team! Thanks again Jeremy Lee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great venue for a gathering in the heart of SohoJoey80yoVIPDined on 22/11/2014We went there for post concert dinner in a group. The restaurant is relaxed rather than formal, and the menu is just about the right length without being boring. In fact the menu was far from boring - goat and woodcock can't be boring. It was seasonal and innovative. I had an autumn salad, which was substantial as it was, and a companion on my left had a goat - it was a classic dish, visually and in taste. Others had a theatre menu (not restricted to certain time - how flexible, and how appropriate considering not all performance starts at 7pm!) and the size and the cooking were just right. All the printed material (eg, menu and promotional cards) were delightfully illustrated and was amusing. Thank you for helping us have a delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incomprehensible menus, barking staff, wonderful.peterDined on 16/11/2014The menu really is very hard to fathom, and our waiter was also largely baffled by it, but he bustled about charmingly and ultimately managed to explain it all (I'm pleased to know that an ogleshield is cheese, rather than a poitrine cover, and that kikshaw wasn't transport home) . It's a lovely place, and it's great that they're doing Sunday lunches because it's a lovely spot for it on a rainy day. The food is excellent, including the delicious "St Emilion au chocolat" which I ordered despite the description of "chocolate sponge and cheese".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Eat here in a night out in london recommended for anyone eating soho areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely atmosphere, delicious british foodgbkxDined on 15/11/2014Who ever has doubts about British food should definitely go here. The restaurant was filled with flowers and the staff was friendly and on spot (filled my water even before I realized I needed more!) It isn't a cheap eat, but if you would like good food and are willing to pay a decent amount for it, I would definitely recommend this place. The portions are not huge, but the food is just so incredibly good... And their chips are something else - never had such thickly sliced, delicious chips. I also noticed that the menu is dated with the weather for the day. I asked our server if this was printed daily and he said it was - in fact, twice a day! This guarantees they use in season ingredients, you have a different selection of dishes for lunch and dinner... and the menu itself it beautifully designed. I really wanted one for keep sake, so the server noted that I could ask for a menu on the way out. Overall, definitely recommend Quo Vadis :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DympnaDined on 14/11/2014we had the pre-theatre menu and it was unimpressive. The extras were expensive and the bill was out of proportion to the quality of the food.
- Smart restaurantJudgeBeckyDined on 12/11/2014Good pre-theatre set menu. High quality food. Busy restaurant in heart of Soho so turn tables quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much ServicekosmoDined on 10/11/2014The ambience remains lovely. The greeting at the door superb - so far, so good. But once you get sat down, the problems begin. The first is the menu. 'Idiosyncratic' would be a polite way to describe it. My guest and I really struggled to find anything on it we felt like eating. We had to ask for explanations of many unfamiliar names and terms, (and we eat in a lot of restaurants). And when the food arrived, it was pretty average. But by far the more serious problem was the ludicrously over-attentive service. Constant interruptions - even though it must've been obvious to the waiters that we were trying to have a quiet, private conversation. We felt as if they needed the table but many around us were empty. Not good.
- Excellent Food!whodatbrittDined on 31/10/2014Very inventive menu. Superb ingredients. Excellent cooking! We were very impressed and enjoyed every moment of our dinner. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Always deliversItalianFavouriteVIPDined on 30/10/2014Quo Vadis is consistently good and always has a different menu with a few favourites. It's always worth trying their seasonal salad. A pot pourri of eclectic super fresh ingredients. Everything is prepped well and they make their food simple, tasty and interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just1moreDined on 29/10/2014Very upmarket feel without being snobbish. The staff were friendly and attentive. The food was beautifully presented and although the portions were on the small side the taste of all the dishes - mains and desserts - was top quality. I thought it was good value considering its position and reputation. We stayed on for cocktails which were expensive but divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid service with good foodBC1056Dined on 25/10/2014Interesting menu - staff a tad snooty but I'll put that down to inexperience. Nice food, well presented. Cost of the desert wine is a bit of a shocker, though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning from start to finishtokissthecookDined on 25/10/2014Oh I don't know how to rave loudly enough about my Saturday lunch at Quo Vadis. I'd read an interview with Margot Henderson where she mentioned it was one of her favorites so I followed her advice and started with the whole crab with fresh mayonnaise, which was incredibly simple, fresh and lighter than it sounds. The whole roasted mackeral was perfectly balanced with spicy horseradish and sweet/sour gooseberries and it went well with a half bottle pouilly fume that was on special. Though I have to say that my absolute favorite part was dessert--a pear and blueberry mess with hazelnut meringue. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant for breakfastNiktreatDined on 16/10/2014We have enjoyed lunch & dinner in Quo Vadis before but this was our first visit for breakfast & we found it thoroughly agreeable. The ambience is pleasant as always, the coffee, orange juice & food good, the service prompt without being rushed & the cost very reasonable. When we ordered two of the 'Bakery' selection of rye sourdough, white plain & fruited manchet, the waiter helpfully pointed out that one shared between us would probably be sufficient, & this proved to be the case. The breakfast set us up nicely for a busy day & we will certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableJawa61Dined on 15/10/2014Good atmosphere, good food and nice to see the Chef in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faultless82muchDined on 13/10/2014Great classic meal. Good value and excellent service. Sides a little overpriced was the only mrgativeSpecial Features:
- ellaDined on 11/10/2014Over all good food and good ambience. Service was good.Special Features:
- PanjoVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fabulous soup very good Guinea fowl - excellent ginger and marmalade pudding - but ooh no horrid 'Birds' custard - tasting too much like old style school dinners Excellent wine and as I was a woman diner on my own for 2 hours with time to spare I was well looked after Just a pity about the custardSpecial Features:
- good old fashioned serviceSparklyDined on 4/10/2014Unfortunately the menu at quo vadis isn't what it used to be. It's trying too hard. It used to be traditional, well turned out food. Now the food is good but not great. The menu is also quite limited in comparison. The service is still exceptional. I doubt I'll go back.Special Features:
- Skip Quo VadisFoodTraveller888Dined on 3/10/2014Quo Vadis was recommended to us by a well informed foodie friend from London. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed by the experience. The service was sub par and mostly absent. The food was mediocre and poorly executed. And the prices would suggest a better overall product. We spent less on other far better dinners during our stay in London. I would not recommend Quo Vadis to anyone that I considered a friend.Special Features:
- Quote Vadis0ndineDined on 2/10/2014I dined at Quo twice this week and enjoyed a peaceful supper both times. Excellent food, and a subtle but noticeable change to the menu was a nice, unexpected touch.Special Features:
- QV always goodRetiredRogDined on 2/10/2014The food, as always, was very, very good (we've been 5or 6 times or more) and there is an excellent choice of wine by the glass, for those who don't want to drink too much pre-theatre. This time the service was not quite so good; to be fair we arrived early for a 5.30pm booking, but after a drink in the bar the staff still did not seem to be quite ready in the restaurant and we were served by a series of different individuals. There did appear to be a function upstairs and this may have put pressure on so early in the evening. It won't stop us going again because the food has always been so good, it is so convenient for theatreland and has a very relaxed ambience.Special Features:
- LovelyYummyDined on 30/9/2014A fabulous restaurant for lunch with the girls. Will be back soon with hubbie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total and complete Rip Off.NoGoQuoDined on 29/9/2014Absolutely disgusting! Arbroath Smokie dish contained was 90% Potato. Prosecco was barely chilled. Skate was just about the most unpleasant fish that l have ever tasted and the tartar sauce was bitter. Desert was a piece of stodgy cake served up with a dash of shaving form cream and a teaspoonful of some kind of stewed apple. The only reason that l did not complain was that l was taking out my stepdaughter on her last night in London and did not wish to therefore spoil the evening, otherwise had l been alone or with my wife l would have kicked up a huge fuss.. Your attempt to charge £3.50 for a bottle of tap water however went too far. Michael Winner in his review was 100% correct, pity you chose to take no notice.Special Features:
- IlseDined on 27/9/2014Food was not as good as expected given the prices. A bit bland and not outstanding. Service was quite slow.
- Good once againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Always enjoy Quo Vadis, great food, fun experience. Cocktails interesting and the cooking is always a bit different if you want it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnG4012Dined on 24/9/2014I was looking forward to visiting this Soho institution. On the night however it failed to deliver. The service was poor. To be fair the FOH staff apologised and said they were having problems. They also offered to comp our desserts. However what was really unacceptable in a restaurant of this calibre was that a plate of spinach hadn't been washed properly and there was still grit in it!
- Typical northernersextrahorseradishDined on 24/9/2014A few years back Quo Vadis was a bit too dear for the likes of us. Well, not unaffordable - just not really worth it with so many other good options out there. With Jeremy Lee's revamped menu offering options for wallets of all sizes, we thought now would be a god time to check it out. The verdict - nice for a special-ish occasion. The menu doesn't set off any fireworks - but what you have is very tasty, rib sticking comfort food prepared with great care and attention to flavour. Arbroath smokies with potatoes was a nice, delicate starter - then, both being of northern persuasion, we had the pie with chips on the side. The pie was hearty, with tender filling and delicious. The wine was fine and service attentive. All in all, a nice mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestEggo46VIPDined on 24/9/2014Quo Vadis is extremely hard to beat for the sheer quality of food and service and the atmosphere whether day or night, is legendary. My favourite restaurant in the world without a shadow of a doubt. Jeremy is a chef amogst chefs. Well done to all concernedSpecial Features:
- ExcellentdinnerDined on 22/9/2014Great food, and the best service. One of London's great restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Cozy and relaxingWenwenDined on 18/9/2014The service was really good. They were all very friendly and hospitality. I had a wonderful time with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eel sandwich, who woulda thought?JPfromOxfordVIPDined on 16/9/2014Great and very British meal - eel sandwich followed by a beautiful game pie. Not one for slimmers!Special Features:
- Good ambience, interiors,TK69londonDined on 12/9/2014Waiters are friendly in general. Not all of them. Foods are ok. Nothing more than that. Choices are limited. Not really well located. Clouded area, with too many pubs around. You need membership to visit The bar upstairs, even after taking dinner here.Special Features:
- JLMadridJlllorenteDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful experience: great food and magnificent service and environment and fair price ... I will recommend the restaurant to friends and family and hope to repeat in a future visit to London. Menu and quantities are perfect ....Special Features:
- Too rich!KM36Dined on 5/9/2014The food was very good... BUT too rich, lots of creamy sauces etc- very expensive, but service is great... maybe we chose badly
- Stylish yet relaxedcharla852Dined on 4/9/2014Great place to have a leisurely lunch/dinner party. The staff is just the right balance of attentive and laid-back. The bread is fresh and extremely good, as is everything I've had there on both occasions I've visited. The seafood is particularly delicious! Excellent wine selection, and (more of a red wine drinker) the white wine suggestion was spot on for the food I had.Special Features:
- charming mealditaDined on 30/8/2014We booked for a pre-theatre meal with my parents. Everybody we had contact with were friendly proffessional and a real credit to the restaurant. The service was perfect-at no time did we feel silly or rushed, the attention to detail was fantastic. Now to the food; a perfect selection for any taste a generous amount of food without making you feel greedy not too heavy to make sleep during your show! The cocktails were lovely. I would eat there again in a heartbeat. The a la carte menu looked fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServicecosmoDined on 29/8/2014This is our third visit to Quo Vadis and the service and food are always of the highest standard. Will continue to use the restaurant and recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, Quo VadisGolightlyDined on 29/8/2014It was my son's 30th birthday. I'd let them know, but they were extremely kind and attentive, serving him a complimentary glass of champagne to start and a fabulous ice-cream to finish. The food was terrific - I'm a vegetarian, and although the choice was limited, it suited me fine. And the price was very reasonable for a first-rate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmanDined on 26/8/2014Excellent dinner at Quo Vadis. Very comfortable, excellent service and wonderful chips!!!