Raoul's - Hammersmith
113-115 Hammersmith Grove
London, W6 0NQNeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £26 to £40
Raoul's - Hammersmith
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raoulsgourmet.com/hammersmith.html
- Phone: 02087413692
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 8:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Raoul's - Hammersmith
A bustling bistro style restaurant beloved by West Londoners, Raoul’s on Hammersmith Grove where a relaxed daytime café turns in to a more intimate prospect at night. One of a handful of restaurants spawned from the Maida Vale institution opened by Geraldine Leventis in 1985 with the support of artist Francis Bacon, Raoul’s Hammersmith follows the recipe of relaxed, high quality food and simple, comfortable surroundings pioneered in both Maida Vale and later in Notting Hill – where guests have included Annie Lennox, Stella and Paul McCartney and Jensen Button. The dining room is bright and spaciously arranged with mid-century style furnishings, comfy button backed banquettes and a turquoise-blue and stripped pine scheme. Overseen by Geraldine and her Executive Chef Ziad Jaber, Raoul’s offers guests a seasonally changing menu with a Mediterranean flavour and a focus on the well-sourced deli ingredients the Raoul’s brand is known for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Raoul's - Hammersmith reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since 24 October 2013
brunch (6)business meals (5)fit for foodies (3)outdoor eating (2)child friendly (1)group bookings (1)romance (1)special occasions (1)pre/post theatre (1)good vegetarian options (1)sunday lunch (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Not enough vegetablesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 14/8/2014I am NOT a vegatarian, but I would have liked more side-dishes and larger helpings of salads. Also, our very good red wine was served in TINY glasses, which did nothing to bring out its flavour. I complained to the waiter. He seemed to consider my complaint very odd.Special Features:
- Quality in Hammersmith GroveTongaVIPDined on 4/7/2014Yet again Raoul's scores very highly; quite exceptional cuisine, well sourced and beautifully prepared. The service is slick, confident and unobtrusive, so well done to the whole Team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Hammersmith GroveTongaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Well done to Raoul's; great food, great service and a pleasure to be there again. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty on a saturday nightsundayluncher1Dined on 18/1/2014I'm all for being able to hold a conversation and hearing myself speak (a lot) - but here we could've heard a pin drop. We were soon the only people in the place apart from the very pleasant staff... It's a shame.
- Away from the crowds pre-theatre.BerkshireladDined on 8/11/2013We opted for a pre-show dinner before going on to the Apollo that evening. Whenever we go to shows here we drive in from Berkshire (home) park in the Kings Mall car park (24hr access) and walk to a restaurant and then to the Apollo. I picked Raoul's because it was only a 5 minute walk and is away from the crowds and bustle of central Hammersmith. Also crucially it takes bookings before 6 pm so you have ample time to eat, relax, walk to the Apollo, enjoy the atmosphere and a drink or two at the bar before the show. Perfect. Food is typical Italian and well presented, wine reasonable, decor fresh and modern, service polite and efficient. Total cost for 2 £100 for 3 courses and wine (1&half bottles). Lovely. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy Sun brunchTheSocialCookDined on 3/11/2013Went with friends for a late Sun brunch. It was good to be in a tucked away local; service was good. Friends enjoyed their brunch. I didn't enjoy mine as much; the tortilla was greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Raoul's - Hammersmith reviews archive.
- love this place always haveHighMaintenanceFoodieVIPDined on 13/10/2013love this place always have always will but not the most accessible of places not very near a station. One of the best eggs benedict aroundSpecial Features:
- Excellent value - excellent serviceTongaVIPDined on 24/9/2013A real pleasure, the food is excellent the service equally perfect - a well done to the team at Raoul'sSpecial Features:
- Not bad but much better elsewhereTCCHVIPDined on 21/7/2013Having read about this as one of the best breakfasts in Timeout I tried it for the first time and it didn't live up to the hype. Service was aloof and haphazard generally eg had to ask 3 people for a glass of water. Both of us had poached eggs and both our eggs were hard not runny. We were in a hurry so didn't have time to send them back. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge so didn't say anything. Wasnt bad but but wasnt good either, just very mediocre. The place itself is very well designed but its a classic case of a style over substance. Won't bother going back, much better places in west London.
- a perfectly pleasant brunchLondonFoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2013A friend and I had brunch at Raoul's last weekend. It was very nice, bright and airy décor, food was good but not outstanding and sadly came out cold. Eggs were cooked very well though with beautiful yolks. Coffee was ok but not excellent. Tea is served in a rather nasty tin pot. Service was friendly although they forgot our second drinks order. It's a decent local, but I wouldn't travel across London to visit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love our Sunday Brunchjrc123VIPDined on 27/5/2013Our family loves this place for Sunday Brunch. Food quality great and portions always so abundant that we barely finish all. Very child friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantAlbertKrumpDined on 20/4/2013We chose this restaurant for a meal before going to a show at Shepherds Bush so ate very early, hence its hard to judge the ambience as we the first in. However everything else was excellent, food great, service friendly. Lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressiveBizzerVIPDined on 22/3/2013I love Raoul's and I hav been a few times since I first booked on Toptable. It is not as good as the Maida Vale and Notting Hill branches, and also a bit out of the way, but the staff ae very courteous and the food is amazing still!Special Features:
- M1chaelKM1chaelKVIPDined on 19/1/2013Nice pleasnat restaurant tucked away in Hammersmith Grove. Good food, only problem was that on a cold day, the radiators in the restaurant wern't great as the front door opening into the restaurant. Otherwise definately a good place to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Gig FoodrowdybeansDined on 21/12/2012Went here before going to gig at Hammersmith Apollo. Good food and service. Would recommend the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raoul's, HammersmithFullinLondonDined on 14/12/2012Good, decent restaurant with nice ambience and impressive, neutral decor. A step up from the Raoul's cafe in Maida Vale and Notting Hill which was a pleasant surprise. Food was simple and as described on the menu - nothing more, nothing less. Service was fine but very inexperienced wait staff (after being told the soup of the day was Asparagus, I was then asked by the waiter 'What is asparagus?' which was actually quiet endearing). Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch timeEasydinerVIPDined on 9/11/2012Smart and well presented restaurant, the food was delicious and it was good for a business meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasting QualityTongaVIPDined on 29/10/2012It is easy to perform well once, but Raoul's continues to provide 5 Star Quality everytime ... well done to the TeamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Apollo mealChuckanDined on 26/10/2012A group of friends and I went to Raoul's in Hammersmith before heading to a comedy show at the Apollo. The food a good and the bar exceedingly well stocked. Strange to think that while it was packed down by the underground station every bar and restaurant was packed this place (10 mins walk) was a relaxed haven. More specifically on the food I recommend the delicious meat and seafood mezze platters. I also add the chicken kebab, which was good but not as great as some of the other food eaten at the table. All in all it was a good experience and I’ll probably go back again in a few weeks when I’m heading back to the Apollo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raoul's - HammersmithkateDined on 1/9/2012Having eaten at Raoul's several times for lunch & brunch I knew this would be a good meal. 3 of us ate there on a Saturday night. It was very quiet - but that didn't really matter. The service was brilliant. Value very good (I think they may have lowered their prcies?). Word of advice - if you order the shish chicken you definitely don't need chips with it!!! Overall a very nice meal, perhaps more suited to brunch (as tends to be busier then), but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening at RaoulsAJdinersDined on 8/6/2012We enjoyed our pre-theatre meal at Raouls in Hammersmith but the restaurant was very quiet at 6pm and the venue is probably best suited for weekend lunch/brunch or later evening meals. Having said that the staff were lovely and attentive. Delicious fresh bread. Both starters - beetroot and feta and pink duck - served on tasty well dressed salads, pork fillet with excellently flavoured sauce and aparagus cooked perfectly. Calves liver delicious but portion rather small. However 2/3 course menu excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Saturday Brunchwwso1Dined on 2/6/2012First visit to Raoul's and was not disappointed. Ordered the Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs for brunch. Food arrived quickly and was presented beautifully. The only critisim I could give was that there wasn't enough salmon. The waiting staff were polite and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality meets high standardsTongaVIPDined on 29/5/2012They deserve the growing support they are getting - a first class operation that goes the extra mileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last time.CavyVIPDined on 2/4/2012Not as good as last time. One dish on set menu not available at 1.30. Spag bol not available at all!!!! Slightly disappointed.
- Excellent venue; lovely food.CavyVIPDined on 16/3/2012Excellent venue; lovely food. They sure know how to do delicious rare burgers! Good service. What more could you want?
- Raoul's in Hammersmith wasRachmaudeDined on 15/2/2012Raoul's in Hammersmith was really lovely. We went the day after valentines day, so the restaurant was a little quiet, but on the plus side we were served efficiently and promptly. The food was top notch, and pretty good value. I would definitely recommend!
- Lovely lunch. Ravioli, asAThommoDined on 12/2/2012Lovely lunch. Ravioli, as always in the UK, never enough but nonetheless very delicious as was all the food. Spied the breakfast menu - I feel late Sunday mornings being spent in Raoul's.
- Lovely food, helpful staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2012Lovely food, helpful staff. Would go back, though it is a bit of a walk from Hammersmith Station.
- Staff welcoming, good at accommodatdiner123Dined on 12/11/2011Staff welcoming, good at accommodating large groups and food while not always executed with the same consistency as its sister sites in Little Venice or Notting Hill, is reasonable, less crowded with the benefit of a pleasant outdoor seating area in front.
- The food was decent but nothingFussyEaterDined on 17/10/2011The food was decent but nothing extraordinary. I asked if the goats' cheese was french style and they said it was. However, it wasn't! Price is was reasonable - £16 per person for two courses (incl service charge). Service was bit slow, especially given there were only about four tables occupied with two waiters!
- Raouls - Hammersmith. WentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/10/2011Raouls - Hammersmith. Went on a quiet moonday and the restaurant was pretty quiet. The wine was very good and serving glasses out of pots is quite novel and fun. I had the pan fried pork which I had high expectations for but was a little overcooked. The spinach was also a little salty. I will try the place again though as it has a nice ambience and the staff were very friendly.
- Raoul's in London's leafyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 29/9/2011Raoul's in London's leafy Hammersmith Grove is a comaparatively new arrival, and my son claims their blt is sensational. It has a deli attached and a smallish menu. So my guest ate a chunky salade nicoise and I had a tuna melt baguette. It was a hot day. We did not want 3 courses. Neither dish was particularly challenging for any chef, but both were tasty. So I will be more adventurous next time.
- The Beef Goulash was great,FontineDined on 23/9/2011The Beef Goulash was great, cooked wirh fresh ingredients and flavoursome. My guests enjoyed their experience, it was a little quiet where we sat as everyone was outside.
- Had a great pre-concert mealRobertoVIPDined on 21/9/2011Had a great pre-concert meal at Raoul's last night, service was excellent, staff attentive and friendly. Food was pretty good too.
- Raouls, London, is part ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/9/2011Raouls, London, is part of a chain serving mediterranean food. We tried the fish mezze which was pleasant and a good size for sharing as an appetiser. The ravioli was fine but the creamy sauce a bit too rich after a while. The crab linguine was a good sized portion but lacked real flavour and was a bit too dry. The service was fast and friendly but then again we were very early for dinner. A reasonable addition to the area but not memorable.
- What a treat. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2011What a treat. The food was superb, the service delightful. We'll definitely be coming back. Just a shame about the strange holographic head on the wall - i guess that's a matter of taste!
- Raoul's on Hammersmith GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/7/2011Raoul's on Hammersmith Grove was strangely quiet for an evening. I had the rib eye which was lovely and the Mrs had fillet steak which she complained was tasteless. Service though was very attentive. I wonder who did the interior though. It's not easy on the eye!