Pontlliw, Swansea SA4 9DYNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rasoiwales.co.uk/
- Phone: 01792882409
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rasoi Pontlliw
Join us at Rasoi Indian Kitchen, Wales' newest modern indian dining experience. With our fresh, Contemporary approach to traditional indian food, Rasoi fuses authentic spices and flavours from the subcontinent with british culinary traditions to produce exciting mdern indian cooking Every moment of your visit to Rasoi is stimulating. Indulge in a refreshing drink in our sumptuous bar as you wait to be seated; absorb the aromas of our open kitchen and see our chefs at work as you consider your order; and finally, relax in the warm, sophisticated atmosphere of our main dining area as you savour the best Indian meal you've ever had. Rasoi can entertain many events - from intimate dinners in our luxurious private dining area to celebrations for up to 200 people in our superior function facilities. No matter the size of your party or the occasion of your visit, each diner's palate will be catered for and everyone will leave our restaurant satisfied and thinking about their next visitContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rasoi Pontlliw - Best restaurants in Swansea ›
Rasoi Pontlliw reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since 26 May 2014
special occasions (101)group bookings (72)fit for foodies (57)romance (51)disabled access (41)business meals (39)child friendly (34)good vegetarian options (29)outstanding value (24)sunday lunch (21)brunch (12)afternoon tea (7)pre/post theatre (5)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Second meal in three weeks :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014Attended two birthday meals in three weeks, absolutely stunning food and surroundings, only criticism is that drinks take a long time to get to you, you will have ordered and finished your starters before drinks get to the table despite staff being attentive. Tip - Order two drinks when you place your order, saves you having to wait ages for further drinks, eating hot curry you need refreshments :)Special Features:
- Absolutely brilliant as usual!CurryChrisDined on 10/9/2014The Rasoi, Pontlliw is the best Indian restaurant that I have ever been to! It cannot be bettered for food, ambience, service and value!!!! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in fine dining!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We went to Rasoi for our Anniversary and it was excellent, very romantic and the food was delicious. Will definitely be going back soon to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jagsDined on 24/8/2014First time to dine there and found the food excellent only minor fault was we had to ask twice for our drinks order, staff extremely efficient otherwise. Would recommend to friends,family and work colleagues. Will be returning on a regular basisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, but overpricedmandy1Dined on 24/8/2014Portions have been reduced and prices are high so not as value for money as was when first opened. Drinks very expensive. Service ok, nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasoi PontlliwPOOTINDined on 23/8/2014An outstanding experience / food with friendly and helpful staff. Extensive range of menu for almost all tastes, highly recommended.Special Features:
- BaylissDined on 23/8/2014Excellent in all ways fantastic food well presented service was outstanding. The restaurant was to a very high standard. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Rasoi was recommended to me and I was not dissapointed. Menu has a few different options as well as the normal indian meals. Cant wait to go back again to try something different. Myself and partner both went for fish/seafood - absolutely moorish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!!! excellent !!!nickyswansea1Dined on 17/8/2014Attentive staff, beautiful restaurant, excellent food, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLittle4MissDined on 16/8/2014Rosoi was lovely, the food was lovely, however, it looks like they have changed their menu, which is a shame, as rasoi for me used to stand out from all of the other 'run of the mill' Indian restaurants, Although, I would still choose Rasoi over other indians within the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFilmakerDined on 15/8/2014Its not the first time I have been to the Rasoi and have enjoyed the food every time .. how ever this time the Kemanan was a bit greasy this time a little too much oil on the dough I think but still enjoyed my main course .Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLin2Dined on 13/8/2014The food was amazing if not a little small of a serving but the quality made up for quantity. The service I found was second to none very friendly staff. Only downside was the state of the children's play area, as the restaurant is child friendly I would expect them to at least cut the grass!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everPontlliwDined on 12/8/2014Once again another fantastic meal for my wife's birthday. Excellent evening.Special Features:
- CurryChrisCurryChrisDined on 8/8/2014An awesome dining experience. The food at the Rasoi is always outstanding as is the service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone enjoying Indian cuisine, or just awesome food! We always receive a warm welcome and wherever we sit, even when the restaurant is very busy, the service is outstanding and the ambience just perfect! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and it is always a wonderul dining experience when we visit the Rasoi!Special Features:
- Ok. Nothing specal.dgpkpDined on 8/8/2014food was ok. portions were very small. chips about 10 thick chips not value for money. service was good, but they charged you £ 1 for mint sauce which isn't on the menu. must have been to about 100 differnert Indians and never paid before ???Special Features:
- Simply the bestblr877Dined on 4/8/2014This is a restaurant which we have used on a number of occasions for lunch and evening meals with family and friends. On each occasion the food, the service and yhe overall welcome has been second to none. Our groups have included a wide age range of diners (from 3 to 78 years of age) and everybody has been impressed by the standard of this authentic modern Indian restaurant. The food is presented in a manner that would not be out of place in any top restaurant and is superbly cooked. The staff are knowledgeable about the dishes that they are serving and capable of sharing that knowledge to the diners. Well done, Rasoi. Keep up your good work.Special Features:
- LeolionheartDined on 26/7/2014Good quality food though the menu was somewhat limited. Staff coped well in a busy restaurant. booking was on time and table prepared. Would certainly recommend it and would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!BeachfireDined on 24/7/2014Food here is always to a high standard. Unlike the typical Indian restaurant, the tables are well spaced out and the group dining tables are big enough that you don't feel squashed. Decor is tasteful and modern. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The only criticism is that the gap between starter and main took longer than usual. However, overall this is a lovely restaurant and I love coming here. Best Indian restaurant I've been to so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!YazDanDined on 12/7/2014Second time eating here and it was amazing! Food very tasty & quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothCraigHDined on 11/7/2014Received a very very good meal ar Rasoi, great service from the staff. The choice of food on the menu is fantastic and caters to all. I love the way they do not have to ask who ordered what hwen the food arrives as they allready know. All the waiters have white gloves on whilst serving the food, very good image.Special Features:
- Treat for my husbandgraciegwynDined on 8/7/2014I bought a Groupon voucher for this restaurant for my husband for his birthday as he loves Indian food. We were delighted with it. The restaurant was fairly quiet ( it was a midday lunchtime) but we couldn't fault anything. The waiter was friendly and very helpful. The food was amazing..certainly not the usual run of the mill Indian food.The chicken tikka was the best we have tasted since we have returned from working abroad for 18 months. We definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JT55Dined on 21/6/2014As ever, A stunning setting, Good Service and excellent food. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value, views and serviceFoodempathDined on 20/6/2014Having read good reviews of Rasoi, we decided to venture out there on a special occasion in our family. We found the food to be very tasty (a whole league above the usual Indian fare in Swansea in both taste and presentation), the service very friendly and the atmosphere relaxing. Part of our family is Asian, so we can be quite unimpressed when eating Indian food outside the home, but we had no complaints whatsoever here (the biryani was particularly excellent). The service is worth mentioning too because British Asians, surprisingly, often don't get very good service in Indian restaurants, but we felt that the staff at Rasoi looked after us just as well as they looked after other diners. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- City quality in countryside !LuliDined on 15/6/2014Excellent. Try it. The menu is fab ! It felt like a real Indian restaurant experience rather than the hurried slop that is usually served in this country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatingRadioTircoedDined on 14/6/2014We have been here since day one. Consistently good. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Some of the best food I've tastedmoments2rememberDined on 12/6/2014Having experienced some depressingly 'plastic' eateries in Swansea I was delight to discover Rasoi. This is not a 'curry house' but fine food in an Indian style, well presented and cooked to perfection. It is comparable to The Cinnamon Club in Westminster.Special Features:
- CurryChrisCurryChrisDined on 11/6/2014We had a wonderful lunch with some very good friends and it was awesome! The food, the service and the value were outstanding! The ambience was awesome too! This is the first time that I have been for lunch as we usually have dinner at the Rasoi! I thought the lunch menu was very unique and wonderful value for money. I would recommend the Rasoi as simply the best curry house in Wales, if not in the entire UK!Special Features:
- Never againJayCDined on 6/6/2014Must be the worst Indian over rated rubbish I ever tasted! Waste off money! Waste of time traveling from South Wales!
- We'll be back!MediDined on 31/5/2014Lovely setting, plenty of parking. Large well appointed restaurant with good 'vibe' Food was very good, offering something different to the run of the mill indian restaurants in the area. Especially pleased to have several fish dishes to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch-up curryBwydBrafDined on 25/5/2014My friend and I don't often get a chance to meet up, but when we do, we prefer to do so over a curry, and we've never had better than at the Rasoi - lovely choice of meals, including some dishes not found in many Indian restaurants. We'll definitely be heading there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family lunch - Bank holiday SundayGingeDined on 25/5/20148 adults and 3 children 6 and under - enjoyed the food - there is a set lunch too which was enjoyed - even though the restaurant was quiet (we were the first there for 12.pm). There was quite a delay in between courses being served. Luckily it was dry so we could take the children in the play area. May visit again as a couple or smaller group but for a large family with children lunch took too long we did not leave until 3.00 pm. Without the children this would not have been much of a problem. Not a cheap option but good quality food which was very tasty.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 24/5/2014Rasoi offers a slightly different menu to your high street restaurant. The food is always really tasty with amazing spices. There is plenty of room at the tables and the service is great. Always go here for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent flavoursWhitbyJackDined on 21/5/2014The quality of the food, taste and flavours were excellent. If you are looking for a very good indian restaurant experience then this is the one for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All except the food was greatJerryLewDined on 17/5/20144 of us went there. My food - onion bhaji anf chicken tikka - was really the worst I have had ever in the last 30+ years of eating indian food. My Wife & the other couple with us found their food just ok. At the end of the meal I made my point clear to the staff however no further action was taken. Basicallly I would never return there due to the food.Special Features:
- Rasoi Indian kitchenstargazerDined on 15/5/2014Very nice food, excellent and efficient service, dessert menu very limited could do with including gateau, apple crumble, eton mess, profiteroles etc, glass of coke cost me £3 which i found excessively expensive, the main meals are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent customer servicesulamayeDined on 14/5/2014I really love this restaurant as the interior is a lovely mix of modern and Asian traditional, you can see the breads being cooked and there's a real feeling of space, plus the food is usually excellent and has some more interesting British Indian food. On this occasion I ordered a Balti, which did not come in the traditional pan, and to my taste was extremely salty. Being British I ploughed on with my meal, but when the waiter came to ask us how it was I told him the truth. Bless him he offered me another main course. I had a lovely korma and a new bowl of rice at no additional cost and it was of the lovely flavor I was expecting and wiped out the salt. I only wish I'd said something sooner! The Kulfi was also delicious!Special Features:
- 1st VisitPaintermanDined on 6/5/2014Very good food and very good service. The starter (chicken tikka) was tastefully presented, and the main meal(chicken madras, rice & onion bargee) was everything I would want it to be. The staff were attentive, without being overbearing, and the service was on the whole, very good indeed. I will certainly call again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Evening SocialPansophyDined on 2/5/2014Early evening meal with friends. Excellent food well served, Plenty of space around and at the table which always helps. Waiter knew who's meal was who's so that was a nice touch. However, disappointed by hidden extras e.g. 55p for dash of lime etc, etc. Perhaps its expected but I didn't so a reasonable price turned out to be expensive. Should return for the excellent meal but will be forewarned and consider not having the extras e.g. papadoms and chutney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again another great mealPontlliwDined on 25/4/2014Another night out with friends at the Rasoi that was great. Fantastic place, food but I wish they could tighten up on the speed of service. I know it gets busy but it's always busy on Friday and Saturday.Special Features:
- Fab and different!MandDined on 25/4/2014Great, friendly staff. Easy booking online. Lovely ambience but some tables a little too close together which is why I gave 4 stars not 5. Very nice, unusual food. Been around 6 times and great meal each time. They also vary the menu, changing every so often but are alwYs happy to take requests and adapt dishes on the menu for that day. You just have to try this place out! I've been there for romantic meals aswell as meals with lots of children and family and found it brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.