10 Lincoln Street
London, SW3 2TSNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rasoi-uk.com/
- Phone: 02072251881
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday and Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 6pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vineet Bhatia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
A word from Rasoi
Rasoi means 'kitchen' and, in this case, also means fabulous, award-winning, bravura cooking. Vineet Bhatia is the chef who won Zaika the first Michelin star ever for an Indian restaurant, now he has opened this intimate, upmarket, charming townhouse restaurant in Chelsea. Rooms are smart modern with splashes of colourful Indian saris and artwork. The 'evolved Indian' menu may include dishes like starter of chilli scallop and prawns brochette, street food chats, smoked salmon, main course of curry leaf flavoured duck with mushroom risotto, sesame duck confit tikki, grilled spiced lamb fillet flavoured with cinnamon lamb jus and walnut semolina, and pudding of chocolate cravings platter. The superb extensive wine list is not to be missed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rasoi reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since 26 October 2013
special occasions (30)fit for foodies (26)romance (19)good vegetarian options (17)business meals (10)sunday lunch (4)outstanding value (4)group bookings (3)brunch (1)Show More
- AnjuVIPDined on 2/10/2014A nice meal at Rasoi. I had the tasting menu with paired wines and enjoyed it, but I felt the price was quite high for the size of portions.Special Features:
- Special Rasoi for special occasionmb01Dined on 23/9/2014Lovely food and lovely ambience (we were seated in the conservatory room). I returned to Rasoi after 5-6 years, and it is still a lovely classic environment for a special occasions meal. Some of the party opted for tasting menu and some a la carte which made for a split in serving times, but the restaurant handled that very well. Food was tasty and had interesting combinations in the tasting menu. Lovely service and lovely surprise dessert for the special occasion! Thanks for a lovely meal!Special Features:
- MimiDined on 11/9/2014Good Indian food and exceptional service. We liked the amuse and the street food appetizer especially. The Bellini was also excellent. We thought the duck was dry and tough but the lamb shank was fall off the bone tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Michelin star Indian.MrzoothornroloDined on 16/8/2014Prestige 7 course menu so it said So overall some very tasty food but even for a tasting menu the portions were very small, accompanied by some poor red wine and not a great choice and very attentive staff who could only talk in whispers! far too quiet for us ordinary folk in the search of fabulous food. I think what summed it up was when the bill came and an espresso cost £5.50 each, 3 times over expensive same as bottles water at £6.60. The previous evening we visited a Peruvian Michelin Star restaurant and the above were half the price So all in all worth £150 but not £300 for 2. Overpriced. We visited Tamarind in Mayfair 3 years ago and came away raving how great it was and didn't feel ripped off. Sadly I can't say the same for Rasoi...
- Rasoi is not ZaikaeatwellinlondonDined on 22/7/2014We went to Rasoi for the chef. The food was good but not nearly as good as Zaika. The value for money, even in London, was very poor. Best wishes on this endeavor.
- Rasoi HeavenDebbieNDined on 13/7/2014This is simply the best Indian cuisine I have ever eaten - and I have eaten lots over the last 40 years.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerIndia1968Dined on 19/6/2014Restaurant was recommend by a friend who has visited Rasoi often and we were not disappointed. The food & service was outstanding and to top it off they bought out a small birthday surprise!! Fine dining at its best !! Overall my husband & I had a lovely romantic evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in London!VA77Dined on 8/6/2014Rasoi is one of our favorite restaurants in London and a true hidden gem. The taste of dishes leaves a memory trace making you want to return at every opportunity.Special Features:
- Good food not much of an IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Good restaurant friendly staff who took the trouble to explain all the food. Too much fusion but less Indian. Guess this is the trend these days. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think you know curry? Think againCopelamaDined on 22/5/2014From its unassuming residential townhouse setting just off the King's Road, Rasoi delivers a culinary experience as far from the traditional curry house as can be imagined. Where the a la carte menu is reassuringly familiar on paper, the finesse of execution and the twists on the traditional leave you delighting in the skill of Vineet Bahtia. The atmosphere is refined and cosy and the service first class - even at times a little too prompt!Special Features:
- Impeccable!!!!PaulineMVIPDined on 10/5/2014Unique ambience, excellent food, creative menu, extraordinary service, very good wine list, a value for money dinner! We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- MonkeyVIPDined on 9/5/2014the lunch menu was excellent and great value. catered for vegeterians and great wine optionsSpecial Features:
- OVER THE TOPRituKDined on 30/4/2014Indian food classically offers a flavoursome blend in the mouth of taste & textures and food to be shared. It is not food designed to be plated with swirls & twirls of sauces and served a la carte per person. RASOI is trying too hard to make Indian food something it doesn't have to be resulting in OK food presented beautifully. the mushroom naan with truffle oil went well with the creamy lentils. The tempered vegetables simply didn't suit the Indian food & texture and could have been more creative instead of just being mange tout, baby corn & broccoli. Found it too dark and claustrophobic and v noisy as the 2 of us were seated between 2 large tables. Rasoi go back to basics! £336 not well spent in my view!Special Features:
- NewyorkfoodieNewyorkfoodieDined on 25/4/2014I am from New York and I love to try Indian fusion where ever I go ,This restaurant is one of the best experience I ever had .I also went to Gymkhana and the food was terrible who ever gave that restaurant good rating must took a lots of money from the owners or he was drunk ,Anyways I gave thumbs up to Rasoi.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.MsSmithDined on 23/3/2014Had the tasting menu with wine pairing - every course and every pairing: just excellent. Staff incredibly attentive. I world highly recommend. It is a bit pricey - but well worth the experience.Special Features:
- Indian DelightThemusicmanDined on 28/2/2014The food was outstanding Wonderful clean tasting and fabulous combinations of flavours Just couldn't fault it The service was a little over the top - filling my wine glass every two minuets with 2 mm of wine was an intrusion to our conversation which was a pity as the food and wine (although @£56 a bottle a bit steep) were splendidSpecial Features:
- Stunning food. Exceptional serviceRmmrDined on 23/2/2014Cannot fault a thing. Staff are fantastic. Food is outstanding. Fantastic value for money with the set lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningBouuDined on 19/2/2014The food was excellent. The service good. The wine was good for an Indian restaurant. The room was mot full so it felt cosy. After a rainy day it was a nice place to enjoy good food and good companySpecial Features:
- Supper in RasoiFidelGastroDined on 14/2/2014We had Rasoi on our list of 'must try' restaurants and were not disappointed. Each dish was a delight and we found ourselves savouring every taste. We'll come back again another day.Special Features:
- Great Indian LunchhnhojVIPDined on 14/2/2014Not been for over 2 years but Rasoi is still the best Indian food in London. Quality restrained spicy dishes, beautifully prepared with contrasting but balanced flavours in each dish. Sea Bass followed by lamb with a pistachio kolfi and chocolate fondant made for a memorable meal. The Sula Shiraz ( Indian ) was also good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our new best Indian-but avoid Taxiwoody1961Dined on 9/2/2014Truly imaginative Indian dishes - would always recommend the tasting menu, since just having 2 courses seems one misses out so much. It was all one highlight after the other. Service extremely attentive and helpful. Excellent wine - they modified my original choice by a better, more expensive one, but charging the lower price of my poorer choice. We had the window seat, which is the one you'd want for two! The only less positive part of our evening was the taxi arranged by the restaurant - seemed associated to Rasoi, but maybe not??, an Audi without Taxi sign, no metering, charging us 30 pounds for a relatively short ride back to our hotel, factor 2 too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything that we hoped for....CinnamonDined on 4/2/2014Dining with two passionate young chefs can be a challenge, especially when they both have a birthday coming up and very high expectations of a meal out that they have not cooked. We had a memorable evening, the staff seemed as delighted with our response to their wonderful food as we were delighted with the fantastic blends of tastes and textures offered by the Prestige menu. Chef was pleased to advise on cooking the perfect Peshwari Naan, The surprise birthday cakes provided by Rasoi at the end of our meal were an unexpected and wonderful touch. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An superb family dinnerBillieDined on 14/1/2014We were a group of 8 and they looked after us superbly. Nothing was too much trouble and the food was absolutely outstanding. Of course it is expensive and since apart from us, the parents, the rest were our children and their friends in their 20s we chose the wine for value - and others should follow .They have Indian wine - one white and one red by the glass and they let us taste both free and they were really very acceptable and good value - so if you have some thirst young ask for these! It was a memorable occasion and everyone was deeply impressed by the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- The food is fabulous. It isLuv2dineDined on 3/1/2014The food is fabulous. It is not your typical Indian Cusine but the flavours are so yummy. It is expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Bitter disappointment!Dine2niteDined on 21/12/2013Tasteless decorated food in a poor decor private room in the restaurant! Who gave this restaurant a Michelin star? Bitterly disappointed & then paying an arm & a leg for it!!!!
- inspired indian cuisineCAT1Dined on 8/12/2013wonderful place, outstanding cook, good wines. wonderful!Special Features:
- Spectacular Food!LuvfoodDined on 26/11/2013Really great food, friendly service. Well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunch for hubbieDreamerandlolaDined on 24/11/2013we went last sunday for lunch, the special occasion was my husbands birthday. he knows his indian food having lived there and being quite good at cooking indian food from scratch himself. however, the food at Rasoi was at a very different skill level. we thoroughly enjoyed the food, expertly explained by the waiter with recommendations on how to eat things. it was really really good and we will get back. we loved the fact that you could mix and match from the lunch menue and yes, it was not cheap but worth the money for the tast and the experience. we will be going back even though we have to drive into london for one hour.Special Features:
- Touches of ordinary and superbGourmetDined on 8/11/2013I generally enjoyed my lunch, but I wasn't wowed by it, and I think on this occasion, it was a case of fantastic ideas with ordinary execution. The edamame and spring onion kichidi could have been amazing but the rice was overcooked and so the general flavour was diluted. I'm sure that it has the potential to be divine from what I read, but I was more hovering in between the middle and the upper zone in a confused state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the Rasoi reviews archive.
- Good food but pricey for whatdisappointedindianDined on 18/10/2013Good food but pricey for what it was £100+ per head after adding service charge and house wine . Starters and mixed nan bread basket excellent but Lamb shank rogan josh a bit chewy and the prawns main course q small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the likes of you and me!GreystoneDined on 16/10/2013If money is no object (and this was Chelsea) then this is an interesting and unusual Indian restaurant. Ring the doorbell to gain entry into a dark and plush dining room. Attentive and polite staff and pleasant Indian dishes that owe more to France and Masterchef than the Sub-Continent. However, the cost is ridiculous. 0.33 l Cobra beer cost £5.50 as did a cup of coffee. The two course meal was £53.00 per head with nan bread and lentils extra and the total for two of us was £172.13 (Service had been automatically added, an unattractive habit). It was an awful lot for people on a normal budget and definitely not worth it. Their Toptable site does not suggest that they are so expensive. Richard Coombe
- Small intimate dining experience.family99Dined on 15/10/2013Small intimate dining experience. Original food, visited with two Vegetarians from Mumbai who loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To celebrate my birthday myBeanieDined on 10/10/2013To celebrate my birthday my girlfriend and I traveled to London for an extended weekend. I had never tried Indian cuisine but found Rasoi as highly recommended. The service, food and atmosphere were fantastic! I will definitley recommend this restuarant to others and visit again. Fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but a bit priceymooklesDined on 17/9/2013Impressive food but lacking in ambience on a Tuesday night. Service very good but everything was a bit too pricey and for this much you can go Michelin starred or namedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic service gorgeous foodRmmrDined on 14/9/2013Delivers again and again on all fronts. You cannot fault this restaurant. It is sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodgrizzlybearDined on 12/9/2013Exquisite flavours and a well thought out menu. Brilliant Wine selection. A must for any foodieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasoi wowsELGGVIPDined on 6/9/2013Delicious food. Definitely 'European' with Indian influences, rather than being South Asian cuisine. But it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Indian FoodmrandmrskingDined on 9/7/2013We had a great meal at Rasoi, the menu was interesting and appealing with a good choice of non typical dishes. Myself and my wife are both big fans of Indian food and we both thought this was some of the best, if not the best, that we'd ever had. It was so good we're even thinking of buying the cookbook so we can try and recreate some of the dishes at home. Heartily recommended.Special Features:
- A Relaxing LunchhnhojVIPDined on 5/7/2013This was a return to Rasoi after a few years absence. The set lunch offered good choices and the food was excellent with varied and multiple flavours in each course. The Indian wines had improved considerably and the Sula Shiraz for a full bodied but not over aggressive Shiraz. Very good service. We will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, Fantastic Service,SHPBDined on 14/6/2013The entire evening was perfect from start to finish. Went for my partners birthday last friday evening... from the moment you step through the door and are shown to your table every member of staff is polite and attentive. The food is delicious and so filling. We opted for starter and main with the intention to tuck into desert but i found i couldnt even finish my main meal. The food looks delicious, smells delicious and is! The ambiance is great... inside is small but beautifully decorated and intimate. Perfect evening ...topped off with the small but brilliant detail of bringing my partner a piece of birthday cake, something I merely mentioned once when booking! Fantastic! Well Done! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.