Red Leaf Restaurant - Alea Casino - Glasgow
Alea Glasgow Paisley Road
Glasgow, G2 8NPNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Red Leaf Restaurant - Alea Casino - Glasgow
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aleaglasgow.com/
- Phone: 01415556100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Modern European
- Executive Chef: Jamie Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private dining available for up to 100 for sit down meal. All areas are beautifully decorated with a full range of equipment available for use.
- Entertainment: Musicians provided in bar/restaurant. DJ in bar for weekend after dinner entertainment.
A word from Red Leaf Restaurant - Alea Casino - Glasgow
The restaurant is accessible through the Red Leaf bar. The bar is lacquered black and specializes in luxury whiskeys with a comprehensive cocktail list. The seating area is encased in a large, beautifully curved wooden home. The restaurant features a panoramic view over the river Clyde and City beyond. The diverse menu specializes in local fresh seasonal produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Leaf Restaurant - Alea Casino - Glasgow reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since 22 October 2013
special occasions (42)romance (26)group bookings (23)pre/post theatre (20)outstanding value (17)fit for foodies (15)business meals (9)disabled access (7)good vegetarian options (5)sunday lunch (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- you need ID to dine - SERIOUSLY?!dinnerandstuffDined on 18/10/2014We booked this restaurant after spending some time choosing a special place for a family reunion. We had family travel through from Edinburgh to Glasgow for the occasion; my husband and his son had not seen each other for several years. We were absolutley appalled when his son's girlfriend (aged 23) was stopped a the front reception desk and asked for ID. Clearly she was not underage!! She has never been asked for ID, and therefore sees no need to carry it. When we explained that we had booked the restaurant for a family reunion, we were met with "well if she has no ID, we cant let you in". Left feeling extremely intimidated by the mob handed approach of the door staff and had to drive around looking for another restaurant. APPALLING!Special Features:
- FantasticAngelaDined on 27/9/2014Been there a few times and it just keeps getting better! the atmosphere is beautiful and romantic.Special Features:
- beautiful restaurant and great foodlove2eatoutDined on 27/9/2014the food was delicious and good value at 3 courses for £20pp .the waitresses were very attentive and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redwine1Dined on 26/9/2014lovely service and great food, always enjoy the atmosphere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwaysSparkyDined on 20/9/2014Been several times now and the steaks never fail to impressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old friends meet upmincentattiesDined on 19/9/2014A very relaxing night was had by all, a couple off light refreshments followed by a lovely 3 course meal served in very pleasant surroundings, staff were very courtesy and evening went well.Special Features:
- BrilliantJohnDined on 15/9/2014The restaurant was very nice and the food was lovely. Booked a table for me and gfs first anniversary together. The only thing was one of the waitresses really should be a little more enthusiatic about her job as she gave us occasional stares and spoke with an attitude which made us feel unwelcomed. This was not what I expected from a reputable restaurant such as this. I feel this has ruined our aniversary dinner. However all other members of staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary mealSandyDined on 23/8/2014Had a lovely anniversary meal last Saturday. The food was excellent, the view over the river Clyde was stunning on a beautiful sunny evening. I've given 4 stars for value as we thought the menu price suppliments were a bit hefty. However food was excellent and good choices. 4 stars for service, it was very good but why are waitresses allowed to wear long hair 'down'? Whilst serving bread at the next table the waitress leaned forward to give bread to the diners and her hair was in the platter of bread, bit off putting. Great atmosphere. I would definately go back. Lets hope the waitresses wear their hair up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Food and service were very good. It was a beautiful night and we had a fantastic view up down the ClydeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!RMcCDined on 23/5/2014Outstanding food - well presented and tasted amazing. Staff were very attentive, and the resturant itself is beautifulSpecial Features:
- 18th Birthday partyBirthdaypartyDined on 12/5/2014Great Service initially but it all went a bit pear shaped towards the end of the evening. After Michelle left, the other waitress seemed to be annoyed and angry. She was not pleasant. There was only 1 other table left at the end of the evening, so not sure why the service became so bad. Definitely ask for Michelle - she is helpful and charming.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantCourtDined on 29/4/2014I booked this for my partners birthday and was a lovely night. Food was amazing, very fast service, waited the right amount of time between meals. Great service from the waiter/waitress. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentwah678Dined on 24/4/2014A beautiful meal (choose the honeyed pork) in a fantastic location - watched a classic sunset through 'squinty bridge'!Special Features:
- OkdineawayDined on 5/4/2014I found some of the waitress not so warm (no smiles) with the exception of two. The starter was lovely and also the desert however the main course was very disappointing - turmeric and coriander crusted cannon of lamb. You would expect it to be crispy on top & pink in the middle but it out soggy & overcooked. I'll have to think twice before going here again.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatRedRedWineDined on 12/3/2014Another lovely evening dining at the Red Leaf restaurant. It was my daughters birthday and I knew booking there that it would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try itJukeDined on 10/3/2014Staff very attentive great view along the Clyde food well presented and we'll cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red leafRedleafDined on 8/3/2014A beautiful setting with relaxed lighting and good service. Downside, the steak was of low standard with few fatty pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luckyjimluckyjimDined on 26/2/2014the food was great a lot of great tastes and the setting is good with views out to the clyde plus winning 300 pounds in the casino wasn't bad. great night.Special Features:
- the food and staff were allstephen68Dined on 20/2/2014the food and staff were all excellent and the views across Glasgow at night also added to ambiance - great service and steak as good as anywhere else in glasgowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIRD TIME LUCKY?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/2/2014NOT REALLY THIRD TIME LUCKY AT ALL.NOW BEEN 3 TIMES AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERY MEAL. GREAT SERVICE BY ATTENTIVE (BUT NOT INTRUSIVE ) STAFF, EXCELLENT FOOD, AND SUPERB VIEWS OVER THE CLYDE AT NIGHT.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewNcruickshanksDined on 8/2/2014Had dinner in your red leaf glagow restaurant on Saturday night. The food was great but unfortunately the good food was let down by terrible service. Not once where my husband and I asked how our food was and my husbands main course was practically thrown infront of him. The server seemed more concerned in talking to the couple at the next table. We made a drinks order just before our mains arrived but the weren't served to us until we asked twice for them and by the time tehy arrived we had both finished out main course's. I think In this case great food was let down by awful service. A smile and some standard of service would have made a huge difference.
- evening outgizmoDined on 8/2/2014good food good atmosphere suited all ages-staff very helpulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday 1st febgoman2Dined on 1/2/2014One of our party only had a starter and a sweet as she had just come out of hospital after a major operation I was disappointed to be charged for the full meal. I felt in the circumstances some allowance should have been made. The menu is very loaded with supplements. With a new price but with more or less the same contents does not show a great deal of inovationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks nice on the surfacealyc11Dined on 1/2/2014The food was presented beautifully but some meals were lacking a bit of flavour, the scallops starter for example was stunning to look at but tasted very "blah". The sticky toffee pudding was my highlight but it didn't need the sickly sweet white chocolate cream on the side or the gingersnap basket. 2 scoops of ice cream would've been better. We were dining at 7pm before the restaurant got busy so the service was too fast. We had 5 minutes between courses which wasn't ideal. Then once they got a bit busier it took about 10 minutes to get our bill. I also ordered a drink which never appeared although was on my bill. I would go back though because the venue was excellent and we had a great time in the Long Bar after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside diningGlasgowgirlDined on 23/1/2014Have been to the Red Leaf on a number of occasions during the week and am impressed with the value. The food is always good and beautifully presented. I have taken visitors and they have loved it, especially a table by the window to enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capable of so much moreDiorDuoDined on 5/1/2014great location and decore but some of the basics let it down. Ambient lighting would be nice instead of FULL strength bright lights, ruins the mood. Suitable music would be better rather than dance and pop music which was being played on out visit. A full a la carte menu on offer would be better suited rather than the cheap set menu. Having a host or someone at the bar to welcome guests would have made a much better impression rather than staff shouting down the corridor to each other that there were people waiting. On the plus side, beautiful decor (except the horrible red neon nandos sign at a prime window seat that could easily hidden with a frosted tint on lower half of the window) staff very friendly, good cocktails and tasty food.Special Features:
- We, as a couple, really enjoyedPBJCDined on 4/1/2014We, as a couple, really enjoyed our meal here, I did mark down service as on two occasions we were offered other diners food and on one occassion I ask for a glass of wine, which I recieved promptly but my wife wasn't asked if she wanted anything despite her glass being empty. All in all though a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very well presented fourdinner44Dined on 31/12/2013A very well presented four course dinner which was very enjoyable. It was a little unfortunate that the restaurant only had one vegetarian option starter left when there were two vegetarians in our party, but the chef made up another and most delicious vegetarian starter, so the crisis was averted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended excellentdav1eclDined on 21/12/2013Highly recommended excellent food and service aqnd views to die for.Special Features:
- superb eveningjamesmDined on 21/12/2013Everything was perfect; no faults at all! The food, service, atmosphere and glamour of the place was all fantastic - and all for a very reasonable price. Brilliant night out and yet another flawless meal from the ALEASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I had a lovelyJerseybeanDined on 4/12/2013My friends and I had a lovely meal on 4th December sitting at a table overlooking the Clyde-as requested We all had the seafood starter and steak. All cooked to perfection, and beautifully presented. Compliments to the chef. The ambience is very classy at such a reasonable cost. My second visit and I have no hesitation recommending it to my friends on their next visit to Glasgow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, I got a phoneJimboDined on 29/11/2013Unfortunately, I got a phone call the night before I went advising that they were now in the Festive Menu and my meal would be £35 instead of the expected £20. However, it was nice of the restaurant to call and let me know otherwise I could have been washing the dishes However, despite this, the food was exceptional and although it didn't look as if much was on the plate it was very filling. The steak is definitely the best I have ever had and the setting was beautiful. It was so beautiful that I choose that occasion to propose which thankfully was accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterBB22Dined on 23/11/2013I have been several times before and consider the standard of the food and portion size has dropped.Also the menu has not changed for years.I was disappointed.
- good foodeatthebreadDined on 9/11/2013great food ,great service very relaxing,what else do you needSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Great PriceLALADined on 9/11/2013We had the three courses for £20 menu on Sat night and even choosing the options that had a surcharge, it was still fantastic value. It wasn't at the expense of the quality of the food as everything we both had was great. Having eaten out at many much more expensive restaurants in Glasgow, this has got to be one of the most cost effective ways of having great food at a more reasonable price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a disappointmentAliGDined on 9/11/2013Lovely setting - great views along the Clyde but food was a average - they wouldn't consider a small portion of risotto as a starter for one of our guests because they were too busy (despite the fact that staff were milling around waiting for guests to arrive) - how can you be too busy to spoon out a smaller portion of risotto?? Service was poor, wine list disappointing and they didn't have the one wine we chose. Staff in need of customer care training. A smile would be a good start!
- Still rough around the edgesjaytylerDined on 9/11/2013I've been here quite a few times. The good is great for the price and the restaurant is lovely. However the service is always a little slapdash and something always seems to go wrong. This time one main course and two deserts were incorrect and while these we're replace we didn't get so much as an apology.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013We really enjoyed the ambience of the Red Leaf Restaurant, It was very comfortable for our first time ever being there and the service was well-timed and very friendly and helpful. I definitely would return to try more dishes from the Red Leaf Restaurant. The steak was amazing. The table was great and we had a great view of the River Clyde and the Clyde Arc bridge. Very affordable, Very good and an added bonus afterwards we won £200 at the Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 497 reviews are from the Red Leaf Restaurant - Alea Casino - Glasgow reviews archive.
- Meal with a view!1AngelDined on 9/10/2013I took a friend to the Red Leaf as somewhere different to try for the Wednesday special dining experience. We were not disappointed. The meals were fabulous as usual. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys eating out. The service is generally very good, the staff know when to talk to you and when to leave you alone, although this can be tricky when trying to get the bill! The views of the Clyde are tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerluv2dineDined on 4/10/2013We were in Glasgow with friends to see Rod Stewart at the Hydro and also to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. I was searching the web to find a nice restaurant for this special occasion and The Red Leaf Restaurant came as a 'pop up'! I went into the site and immediately liked what I saw so made a booking. We were not disappointed as the food, service and ambience were excellent, such value for money. The view with all the different lights over the river was amazing, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.