Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
68 Royal Hospital Road
London, SW3 4HPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/royalhospitalroad
- Phone: 020 7352 4441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 12pm – 6:30pm
Dinner: 6:30pm – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Clare Smyth
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay's eponymous restaurant combines contemporary elegance, an intimate ambience and unparalleled service, and has all the hallmarks of true excellence. Using the best ingredients and sublime flavour combinations, each dish is beautifully presented and demonstrates the outstanding technical skill of Head Chef Clare Smyth and her team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
519 reviews since 25 November 2013
special occasions (426)romance (288)fit for foodies (242)business meals (131)outstanding value (68)good vegetarian options (27)pre/post theatre (23)sunday lunch (21)brunch (20)disabled access (16)group bookings (13)outdoor eating (12)child friendly (8)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- The price is too high for the experienceSoteroDined on 14/11/2014The dishes did not please my palate. I found nothing exceptional. Only the desserts were excellent. The service is impeccable. Small place antique decor and price on high. We ask the Prestige menu, without wine and bill came in 350 pounds! I knew I would spent that amount of money but I was expecting an exceptional experience based on others reviews. To be very honest It was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Never betray your 'special'AKiraDined on 13/11/2014You will be treated as you wish and whatever you'll have is certainly more than you've expected. Book your dinner, and no matter how difficult your demand were, they will make it more romantic than you can expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very High QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our Dining Experience at Restaurant Gordon Ramsey Knowledgeable staff gave clear explanations with any menu queries we asked We had 3 course Al a carte, everything was well presented & tasted divine The unexpected Amouse bouche dishes complimented the experience We accepted the offer to look around the working kitchen, taking the opportunity to thank the head chef & staff Fabulous experience, will save to revisit & perhaps try the Tasting MenuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in the CrownChartmanDined on 7/11/2014Clare Smyth and her team continue to produce top class food and service. Ours was a birthday celebration and all of our party were delighted. Looking forward to the next opportunity for a celebration lunch at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Restaurant Gordon Ramsey and the seasonal menu was delightful. We did feel a little overwhelmed for the first half our as so many different staff attended to us and asked so many questions it was not at all relaxing. This all subsided after a while and the evening became much more enjoyable. Each dish was beautifully presented, and all of them peaked our interest with colour, presentation and most importantly flavours. The ambiance was ok, I would have liked some soft music to mask the chatter of other patrons. The Polenta dish, Apple dish and the Carrot cake were firm favourites for us.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, simply outstanding.GloriousfoodDined on 6/11/2014Dinner for two a few days into our honeymoon and this was just perfect. We chose the seasonal inspired taster menu and I have to say we were served up some of the best tasting food imaginable. We've eaten in many Michelin Star restaurants but none of them live with this standard (hence the three stars this place has). Ended perfectly when were briefly taken through to the kitchen to see how Clare and her team work their magic. Exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the special occasionBuriyaDined on 6/11/2014Spectacular setting. The most impressive thing about the restaurant is the staff and the service. Don't get me wrong the food is outstanding but the way you are treated is truly what makes it special. I had a wonderful time and certainly a night to remember. We had the menu prestige, we changed the desert to the tart tartin, a worthwile change. We also requested the sommelier for a wine pairing which he did beautifully. I've been to londons other three star, alain ducasse and really there is no comparison. I'm a huge fan of chef ramsay so I might be biased but this is London's no. 1 restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 4/11/2014Dress code is strict. My husband was unhappy about being given a pair of formal shoes to change into as the Gucci trainers he was wearing was apparently not good enough! This was embarrassing as it had to be done in the main entrance where everyone could see him. It was also pointless and pretentious as we were sitting behind a table the entire time. We had the 7 course tasting menu. The food was great save a couple of courses. The cucumber sorbet was wonderfully interactive however eventually it tasted like frozen salad! The lobster ravioli was awesome. The halibut was delicious but the couscous underneath it was too complex a taste. The deserts were great. There were too many people serving. It was disconcerting. Courses a tad slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service of any M-3 Star restaurant I've been!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The service is simply amazing. The staff are extremely attentive, but never an annoyance. They bring service to another level. I am a global traveler that is been to numerous M-3 Star restaurants. Many of which are in the USA, and I have been using Daniel's in NYC as the bar. Daniel's had truly amazing food, but the service was not that of GR's in London. Treat yourself to this great experience and you will not be disappointed. You will forget about the cost with each additional masterpiece that comes out of the kitchen. Strongly recommend as an essential part of your London experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was not as good as I thoughtGGYYDined on 31/10/2014Although the services were very good, the food were not delicious.Special Features:
- Miss Amerpal SangheraOutandaboutDined on 30/10/2014Just an outstanding memorable occasion, wonderful food, everything was wonderful. The attention to detail could not have been improved. Just perfect. Just an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Money well spent... if u love food.MrsSwedenDined on 29/10/2014If you have the extra money to spend on food, then spend it here... Everything tasted great, service was almost "too friendly", but at the same time great. We had a great evening!Special Features:
- Worth a trip to LondoncstaesDined on 29/10/2014Exquise diner with top quality food, combined with an excellent and friendly service. We recommend the ravioli with lobster and the pigeon. This is one of the best restaurants in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice treat but lack of intimacyDorianDined on 28/10/2014It was a special occasional dinner.The food was great,the deserts had a wow factor,my favourite part of the evening.The staff was very professional,but it did not feel private as there was always someone fussing around.It would feel more intimate if there were not so many people serving food/drinks....a bit overwhelming.It was lovely experience but a bit too expensive for what it was.You feel like you are paying for the staff rather than food ..Special Features:
- a perfect evening!swisscoupleDined on 27/10/2014Very fiendly and kind service, even if everything has to be perfectly organized and quick (and one has only a time slot). At the end of the evening we could even have a glimpse at the kitchen. Absolutely impressing. Of course delicious food. Maybe not packed with surprises one has never heard of, but top quality and very tasty! Very extensive list of wine by the glass, fair priced (red wine starting from a very decent GBP 10)Special Features:
- VexpipiDined on 24/10/2014Deserves 3 Michelins stars. Bravo Claire! Sounds like Ducasse cuisine. Nothing specific from Gordon RamseySpecial Features:
- Just perfectLarryBDined on 24/10/2014Everything about this was perfect. The ambience and service were impeccable. We had the 3 course meal which was spectacular. Considering all the bonuses it was more like a 10 course. Order the beetroot - they prepare it at the table and it is just brilliant. Wine suggestions were spot on. This was one of the top dining experiences of our lives. Strongly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect evening.MikaelDined on 24/10/2014We booked an evening for three people at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay as a birthday present for our daughter. It couldn't have been better, the whole experience was perfect. We were received by several people from the staff in an excellent way. All of us ordered “Menu Prestige”, every course were presented for us in such a way that it gave us high expectations and we weren't disappointed. After we had finished our meal we was given a tour in the kitchen and met head chef Clair and our daughter received a signed menu from here. After that we received the last treat, all though it was a small one, anything bigger would have too much for us.Special Features:
- OustandingStephenDulwichVIPDined on 24/10/2014You would expect the food to be innovative, the ingredients fresh and combinations adventurous. It would extremely odd to receive 3 Michelin stars so consistently without these basics. It is the outstanding attention to detail and unfailingly good service that makes Royal Hospital Road stand-out for us. Without being over-bearing, the staff do not miss even the smallest trick in creating a wonderful occasion for all. We have not visited since just before the refurbishment. The feel has not changed very much, but it is just a little newer, smarter and fresher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatCatsphereDined on 23/10/2014Visited as birthday treat for my better half. We arrived early but were greated wonderfully. Sat in bar/waiting area and the fantastic service started. Drinks, nuts and canopies provided and tasted Devine. Taken to our table at the allocated time. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were attentive but also discrete. The food was a work of art and tasted out of this world, in fact the best food I have ever eaten. Highly recommended. Would without doubt dine here again.Special Features:
- Abosolutely Amazing!!alwayschoochDined on 23/10/2014From the moment we entered the door we knew this was going to be an awesome dining experience!! And it was amazing! I'm still oohing and ahhing about it and I would definitely go back when in London again! Every course outstanding! Plating, outstanding!! Service outstanding!! Worth every penny loops I should say pound!Special Features:
- Magnificent food, wonderful serviceMisterBDined on 22/10/2014I'd been looking forward to my visit to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay very much since booking the table almost 6 months ago. Very often, one is disappointed in situations like this. Not here, however. From start to finish, it was absolutely perfect. In fact, possibly the best dining experience I've ever had. The service was intensely professional, and yet very welcoming, charming, genuine and friendly. The restaurant manager was extremely friendly, and even gave us a tour of the kitchen after the meal. The food was the highlight, and was extraordinary, both in taste and presentation. We both had the 3-course a la carte menu. The overall bill, including service, for 2 was £400. Expensive, but a truly unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- A must try in LondonKaytDined on 22/10/2014Our visit to restaurant Gordon Ramsay was excellent! Great ambience, superb service, amazing food and personalized attention. Though it was a tad expensive but it was every penny worth it! Must try in London- loved the lobster ravioli!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Believe you're a king for the dayPslewDined on 21/10/2014This is a treat for all your senses. The food is almost art like in the way it's presented and the mix of tastes and textures is fantastic, the only problem is that it will spoil all other restaurant experiences as you will be forever comparing them against this. The service is the best we have ever experienced the maître d' sets a great balance between friendly and deference so that each diner feels special. We had been for a visit 6 months previously and they remembered us which was a really nice touch. Your pocket may be lighter after this experience but the rest of your senses will be thanking you for a long time after it's taken you to pay it off. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best food ...ever..?BigandbeefyDined on 20/10/2014Restaurant Gordon Ramsay on Royal Hospital Rd has received all the accolades you could imagine from inside the industry, but what about us ordinary people? I have been very fortunate to eat here on more than one occasion over a period of time and it is consistently excellent. The food is still recognisable as food, but is full of flavour you didn't know was possible. Attention to detail is the over arching feature of this restaurant, and while the food sings so does the service. Everything is impeccable. There is no need to feel intimidated as all the staff are superb. Don't hesitate....GOSpecial Features:
- Memorable experienceNickDined on 17/10/2014This was our first visit to London and to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. We had the 3 course meal that went far beyond our expectations. Each course was a delight. The service was exceptional, the best experience we have ever had. Entered as girlfriend and boyfriend, left as bride and groom – the perfect place to go for such a special occasion! Alltogether it was an amazing experience, we would definitely love to return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- AmazingLukelovestoeatDined on 14/10/2014Went to dinner at restaurant gordon ramsays and it was amazing from service to food to ambience and good value for money definately recommend it to anyone with a passion for food and enjoys the finer aspects of food :)Special Features:
- Simply the bestSAJ1000Dined on 10/10/2014This was our fourth time dining at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay and it remains a 3 Michelin starred wonder. The menu was virtually all new, there were lots of little foodie surprises and in our opinion it remains the best eating experience you can buy. That's why we keep going back! It is perfect for a very special occasion and always choose the prestige menu.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!!Hunt4bobDined on 9/10/2014We came to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!!! The service, food and attention to detail was outstanding!!!!! Expensive but worth every penny! A fantastic place to go for such a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant gordon ramsayF15CDined on 9/10/2014Took wife to celebrate her birthday and she had a wonderful meal. The restaurant is one of the best we've ever been too and it certainly delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- third time at gordon'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Never disappoints, consistently the best restaurant of its type in the UK if not Europe. Never had a less than stellar meal there. Prices are ludicrous but it's three Michelin star so it's actually competitive within its market bracketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!MarianaDined on 6/10/2014Best restaurant ever! Perfect food, very attentive service, nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperiencenicelunchDined on 3/10/2014A very pleasant experience as the main event during a long-weekend in London, well in competition with Mamma Mia in SohoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but.....normieDined on 1/10/2014There is no doubting the very high quality of the food and the service but there was an absence of that intangible factor which makes the evening exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!BrillatSavarinDined on 29/9/2014We were thrilled to obtain a reservation, as we were travelling from Canada. It was everything our party of four could have imagined. Lovely!Special Features:
- AmazingMellyDined on 26/9/2014This is my 4th time at RGR. Every time is an absolute pleasure. Everything is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luveatingoutDined on 26/9/2014Restaurant Gordan Ramsay was a wonderful restaurant, with exquisite service, and phenomenal food presentation. However, it was the most expensive restaurant I have ever eaten in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014We enjoyed tre restaurant very much. The food was amazing. Service was excellent, we even got to see the kitchen, wich gave us an entra good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustGDined on 24/9/2014Menu Prestige The Restaurant is surprisingly small and this is perhaps its worst problem. There are lots of staff continuously checking, and more staff checking that all has been checked. My experience of other similar restaurants is that staff should be unobtrusive. This was like watching a carousel of staff. The food was enjoyable, every dish was tasty , but rather the same old Foie gras parfait, followed by a lobster/crayfish ravioli. Perhaps push the boundaries and educate the customer more. The most memorable was the dessert, Lemonade Parfait, which was preceded by the liquid Solero !! A good experience and I would say, more to discover. The wine list can be a bit daunting, I would happily have gone for a wine pairing selection. VFMSpecial Features:
- Foodies DreamSweettooth35Dined on 24/9/2014We had an amazing experience. There isn't anything bad to say about this restaurant. Everything from the door greeting, to the food, to the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.