Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
68 Royal Hospital Road
London, SW3 4HPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/royalhospitalroad
- Phone: 02073524441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 12pm – 6:30pm
Dinner: 6:30pm – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Clare Smyth
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay's eponymous restaurant combines contemporary elegance, an intimate ambience and unparalleled service, and has all the hallmarks of true excellence. Using the best ingredients and sublime flavour combinations, each dish is beautifully presented and demonstrates the outstanding technical skill of Head Chef Clare Smyth and her team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
551 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (449)romance (306)fit for foodies (263)business meals (156)outstanding value (71)good vegetarian options (28)brunch (27)pre/post theatre (26)sunday lunch (24)group bookings (16)disabled access (15)outdoor eating (11)child friendly (8)afternoon tea (5)Show More
- Great experience1stimerDined on 17/9/2014Fantastic food, service and an overall fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Fine dining at it's finest.rpevangelistaDined on 16/9/2014We were a party of 4 and we came with high expectations about the restaurant. We left extremely satisfied with the entire experience. The food was simply glorious. We had the Menu Prestige with the choice of either Cotswold lamb or Bresse pigeon with champagne and then wine. The cucumber sorbet in mint leaves was a favorite. The service was impeccable and precise. The Sommelier was very helpful with the wine selection. We dined to our hearts' content. Quite a lovely evening.Special Features:
- expect more from a 3 starredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014Food was very good, high quality products, attention to details and the flavors were exceptional, but it lacked imagination or creativity, the food seemed to be too safe and kind of boring. There wasn't any wow factors that one would expect from a 3 Michelin starred restaurant. Service was very good. attentive and friendly. For the value, there are many restaurants in the city that offers more creative, fun, exciting and playful foods for lower price. I wouldn't rush to go back, but I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking to celebrate a special occasions. Definitely worth a try this one of iconic restaurants in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch experiencerevtintinDined on 15/9/2014My wife and I thorough enjoyed the gastronomic feast (lunch, tasting menu), and the service offered by the staff was excellent. For a first visit, I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Gordons rocks but beware!SimonJDined on 12/9/2014Had a celebration at Gordon Ramsay's in Royal Hospital Road booked at 6.45 through OpenTable. On arrival we were incorrectly shown the door to his neighbouring establishment Foxtrot Oscar (with GR's name endorsed on the signs) by the taxi driver. This is nothing more than a bistro. Rather than redirect us 50 yards the receptionist explained our booking was at 7 not 6.45 [LIE] on their system and showed us to a table. There was no booking here but the atttempt to deceive us by a restaurant bearing GR's name was deplorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it alllagunafoodieDined on 12/9/2014From the moment we entered, to the moment we left, the service was exceptional, the food was beyond compare, the wine was excellent and it did not hurt that Chef Ramsey was actually there dining with a group. Best meal we have ever had.Special Features:
- Stunning12septembergirlDined on 12/9/2014We were in London for a special weekend of Michelin-meals! This one was the first, and what a great start! The only one honestly that 'chinned the bar' faultlessly over the weekend! The service was nicely formal but very friendly, the food just lovely! We left on a high having had such a great start to the weekend. We will not leave it years before finding any excuse to visit again. If I was to try and find a quibble, the only slight negative was feeling a touch cramped at our table - the configuration for seating twosomes around the room could do with a little more space for guests to relax in sitting, not with chairs touching the next table of guests. But, overall, we really loved it. Thank you Rob the maitre d' and all staff/kitchen.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday.braken1Dined on 12/9/2014The service was attentive and the pace was spot on. The food was superb and my wife and I were given a corner window seat which I really liked. The menus provided great options. You can't go wrong at this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great eating experienceWineshareDined on 11/9/2014Cosy atmosphere, very helpful and knowledgeable staff who gave an excellent service Excellent food which not any tasted very good but was interesting and many dishes were novel to me Very good wine list with some great wines some of which were not too expensive.Special Features:
- Much more than expected!!!AlexCunhaDined on 10/9/2014We had an amazing dining experience at this restaurant.For sure,the best place we've ever had!The service is perfect,the food looks like art,the wine list brings many good surprises for a valuable price and the ambience is very elegant.Will come back next time in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperiencetwosomeDined on 9/9/2014We had very good food together with a suitable good wine served to each course from competent service people. The surroundings could have been a bit "warmer", i.e. comfortable. It was quite narrow seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014it was a great experience my wife and i had. we really enjoyed all the aspects. we definitely go back again.Special Features:
- a bit disappointedHellobVIPDined on 8/9/2014this is my second time to this restaurant, and I still ordered from that lunch menu. However, I found it much worse than the previous time i came in November 2013. I hope they can improve the menu.Special Features:
- In a word, disappointingfullupDined on 5/9/2014Hit and miss, more miss than hit sadly. Bland, slightly overdone lobster with overly tart pickles was my starter (my partner signature ravioli was 'exquisite' however). Suckling pig for both us as a main. I left the potato (too salty) and some kind of pork mess wrapped in a Brussels sprout shell as they were inedible. A nice little sausage was the only real high point there. Cheese for me and a strawberry tart for my wife ordered together, but served at different times. A mix-up unacceptable at this level/cost, Worst thing was the wine. Sommelier's recommendation. Tasted foul. No-one noticed we were not drinking it and that the decanter remained untouched, despite the relentless over-servicing and interruptions. Recommend? No. Return? No.
- AmazingPoppyDined on 5/9/2014Service was great, staff excellent , food was amazing! Only criticism was that it was very hot, the air con wasn't able to cope. Apart from that couldn't fault itSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodChrisDined on 5/9/2014Food and service was excellent - highly recommend. food and service good value but wish wine prices were more sensibleSpecial Features:
- A perfect afternoonAJK3Dined on 5/9/2014Went to Ramsey's to celebrate a special bithday and everything from the room to the sevice and of course the food made it a memorable afternoon. The room itself is small and intimate and all the staff were charming and friendly without being obstrusive - a pefect balance. We ate from the a la carte starting with the signature ravioli which was sublime alongside an excellent viognier recommended by the wonderful sommelier. It set the tone for the rest of the meal with every course and accompanying wine perfectly judged and presented. The attention to detail was outstanding, even down to presenting my friend a tiny truffle with a birthday candle at the end of the meal. For a truely special experience it can't be beaten.Special Features:
- AmazingIreneDined on 4/9/2014We left the restaurante feeling very good, kind of happiness because everything was amazing. We felt very confortable, the service was outstanding and, obvious, the food was spetacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Very Careful When Dining HereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2014We attended your operation for a special occasion. When we arrived awe were offered a glass of Champagne. Fair enough. But to offer a glass of champagne at the price of about 170.00 dollars a glass with out letting the customer know, it a little over the top. Ignorance on my part I have to pay for. I asked for a bottle of Blanc de Blanc and was given the same Champagne we were served by the glass. I think I walked out with an almost 1800.00 USD bill and the better part of it was for something we did not anticipate. I travel all over the world, and have never had this happen in any of the world best restaurants. Great way to drive up the seat average, and a good way to drive away customers
- Great dining experienceSYTExperienceDined on 29/8/2014Great dining experience. I specially loved the signature dish lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ramsays DevinePenthouseLivingDined on 29/8/2014I have dined in many one and two Michelin star places, this was my first three star. Can you tell the difference? OMG - you certainly do - absolutely amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPedroDined on 28/8/2014Four of us went for lunch to celebrate a joint retirement. It was our first visit having been unable to get a table on previous occasions so our expectations were high for several reasons. The team managed to exceed all our expectations with the dishes that were chosen beautifully prepared, presented and balanced. The 'front of house' team made us feel fantastically welcome and relaxed without being too 'familiar' whist at the same time providing a very efficient and professional service. Before visiting, while our expectations were high, and we were anticipating a good meal none of us would have considered leaving such a restaurant with an overwhelming feeling of 'great value for money' as well as how the team made it so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceEugene83Dined on 28/8/2014Had a wonderful and amazing experience at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. Bring food to a greater heightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencemrsbDined on 28/8/2014From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel important. The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The menu was slightly different to the one published on the website but that suited me perfectly as one of the starters had been changed to salt-baked beetroot, my favourite veg and it was delicious. We travelled from Worthing to celebrate our anniversary and shared this when questioned by the Maitre d', he brought us an extra little pudding and offered us a visit to view the kitchen, which we accepted. The whole experience was totally marvellous and we will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!KTJ27Dined on 27/8/2014Faultless service and delicious food. Head of house, in particular, was incredibly welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an exceptional dining experienceViccccVIPDined on 27/8/2014Went to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay with 3 other friends. Quite a small dining area, but the food was excellent, and that I am referring to Menu Prestige, Rose water Turkish delight is my favourite dessert and there were generous number of choices of wine selections. Service was outstanding, too.Special Features:
- A lovely special mealFoodieDined on 25/8/2014My boyfriend and I went for a one-off meal here for a special occasion. The food was absolutely amazing - as you would expect and the service was brilliant. The waiters and waitresses made the occasion feel personal and special for us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for everyone and anyone that can afford a nice one-off treat to spend with friends / partners. It was an experience that everyone should experience at least once in their life.Special Features:
- luvindianDined on 25/8/2014This was our second visit and already looking forward to the next - my Turbot and tart tatin exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- make yourself feel so importantaa555Dined on 22/8/2014The attentive service was phenomenal (a word often used by Mr Ramsay). My husband and I chose the Menu Prestige, though the food was in small portion, the presentation and the details were amazing. The flavour of each ingredient was well balanced and tasty. A quick look at the kitchen was a nice surprise, which could satisfy the fans' curiosity, including me, of course. Very much looking forward to visiting Gordon Ramsay Restaurant open soon in Hong Kong!Special Features:
- Wonderful, the most amazing disheslondoncallingDined on 22/8/2014The table next to us were regulars; given the prices, they obviously live in a different world. But at least we could share in some of the most exquisite cooking on the planet: truly wonderful and I have to say that we veered from the 'cheaper' lunch menu to the a la carte in the end. Service was impeccable but not in your face, the ambience was quiet but not hushed. For a special occasion; for if this is 'regular', then where could one possibly go for 'special'?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experiencealfredoqr75006Dined on 20/8/2014The flavors are outstanding, the service inmaculate, worth it!Special Features:
- engagmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014I am from the United States and have always admired Gordon Ramsay's cooking and heart especially in the show Kitchen Nightmares. It was an honor to eat at his original resturant and my boyfriend now fiancé popped the question at this resturant. Because he knew how much it meant to me to be there. If only Chef Ramsay was there.... but the staff was so wonderful and even let us sit at the newest table. The whole expierence was beauitful. It would be amazing if Chef Ramsay could sign something as an engagement memory for a price... a girl can dream Thank you again it was devine and beautiful Blair EsslingerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yanny107Dined on 19/8/2014Great food Service was perfect teamwork Had a great night thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014I put 4 stars service in the question, because I felt uncomfortable with so many people around the table checking all the time. That took my privacy. I drank a sip of wine and immediately had someone putting more into the cup. For the environment, traditional thought unattractive and no music.
- Salt overloadMad4foodDined on 19/8/2014Food was terribly salty with bland flavours. The chefs signature ravioli was by far the worst dish with a saltiness that pierces your tongue. The desert was far too sweet. The meal overall was a huge disappointment and the high salt content was clearly utilised to get diners to drink more water. I would never go back and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially someone looking to have an enjoyable meal. Save your taste buds.
- SuperbBamksin28Dined on 18/8/2014A test of the senses, a really nice dining experience, each dish better than the last.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/8/2014This experience, for it really was not just a dinner, but an experience, was one of the best of my travels. The staff was so gracious and appreciative of my business, that it was a pleasure to pay the bill!Special Features:
- WOWIrishWitchyDined on 14/8/2014I have done all the big names in NYC and this blew them all away! I also loved that one of us could get the tasting menu and the other could order al a cart. (NYC high end places should think about this). Great night and a new gin - Monkey 47 for my husband to find in the US.Special Features:
- FamtasticDenisebDined on 14/8/2014From the minute you enter to the minute you leave you are made to feel very special. We were even treated to a trip around the kitchen. Everything was absolutely marvellous yet again. Cant wait for my next visit.Special Features:
- WonderfulGgcxaDined on 13/8/2014I just loved the resaturant. The food it is perfect, the service impecable. It is expencive but totally worth it. Congratulations to all of you. The best ever !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.