Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
68 Royal Hospital Road
London, SW3 4HPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/royalhospitalroad
- Phone: 02073524441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 12pm – 6:30pm
Dinner: 6:30pm – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Clare Smyth
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay's eponymous restaurant combines contemporary elegance, an intimate ambience and unparalleled service, and has all the hallmarks of true excellence. Using the best ingredients and sublime flavour combinations, each dish is beautifully presented and demonstrates the outstanding technical skill of Head Chef Clare Smyth and her team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
553 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (450)romance (303)fit for foodies (263)business meals (151)outstanding value (69)good vegetarian options (28)brunch (26)pre/post theatre (26)sunday lunch (24)group bookings (17)disabled access (16)outdoor eating (11)child friendly (8)afternoon tea (5)Show More
- AmazingMellyDined on 26/9/2014This is my 4th time at RGR. Every time is an absolute pleasure. Everything is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luveatingoutDined on 26/9/2014Restaurant Gordan Ramsay was a wonderful restaurant, with exquisite service, and phenomenal food presentation. However, it was the most expensive restaurant I have ever eaten in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014We enjoyed tre restaurant very much. The food was amazing. Service was excellent, we even got to see the kitchen, wich gave us an entra good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustGDined on 24/9/2014Menu Prestige The Restaurant is surprisingly small and this is perhaps its worst problem. There are lots of staff continuously checking, and more staff checking that all has been checked. My experience of other similar restaurants is that staff should be unobtrusive. This was like watching a carousel of staff. The food was enjoyable, every dish was tasty , but rather the same old Foie gras parfait, followed by a lobster/crayfish ravioli. Perhaps push the boundaries and educate the customer more. The most memorable was the dessert, Lemonade Parfait, which was preceded by the liquid Solero !! A good experience and I would say, more to discover. The wine list can be a bit daunting, I would happily have gone for a wine pairing selection. VFMSpecial Features:
- Foodies DreamSweettooth35Dined on 24/9/2014We had an amazing experience. There isn't anything bad to say about this restaurant. Everything from the door greeting, to the food, to the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding main courseConoisseurDined on 24/9/2014We ordered the Menu Prestige for lunch. The pigeon, cooked medium-rare, was simply delectable. Never had we tasted such succulent and tender fowl meat. However, the halibut was slightly too salty for our liking; indeed, it might have been nice had some fruity notes been introduced for that dish. Lastly, the restaurant was a little too packed for our liking, with patrons sitting back to back and being privy to the frenzied rush of the waiters. Nevertheless, the service was impeccable, making for an enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:
- Made our holiday that much brighterjtheobscureDined on 24/9/2014Even though some dishes were not as tasty as others, even failing to impress, it must be acknowledged that all components of any dish were cooked and prepared to a very high standard. The staff was very warm and friendly but perhaps having too many waiters in a small room made it more stifling than it could have otherwise been. Overall, it was an exceptional dining experience and my partner and we walked away as very pleased customers. I am not a vegetarian but would have like to have been given the option of more plant-based dishes, without having to request for the vegetarian menu. Thumbs up to the exceptionally hard-working and conscientious staff at the front of the room and in the kitchen who made everything run like clockwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTTIMOCristina73Dined on 23/9/2014E' stata una bella esperienza,vedendo le prime portate pensavamo di uscire con la fame ,invece eravamo più che sazi.Tutto ottimo sia il cibo che il servizio.Alcuni camerieri erano italiani e ci hanno aiutato nella scelta del menu,naturalmente scritto in inglese.Il prezzo è adeguato allo standard di Londra.L.unica pecca il caffè.IMBEVIBILE!!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerBigBaldCookDined on 19/9/2014We booked a table several months in advance. We were hopeful that we would not be disappointed as we can be critical if anything is not perfect at a high end restaurant. We were certainly not disappointed. The food was spectacular for every course and the presentation was beautiful. The service was the best we have had at any restaurant and we have dined in 2 and 3 star Michelin restaurants before. All of the staff were delightful and the attitude was friendly and not stuffy at all. This was without a doubt one of the best meals of our lives. We were even given a look at the kitchen where all the magic happens. Obviously this is not a cheap meal but I believe it was more than worth the cost.Special Features:
- Amazing!JensastarDined on 19/9/2014Amazing, worth every penny. Not just dinner but a whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/9/2014The entire experience was outstanding from start to finish. The ambiance is very welcoming, the staff were all very well trained and accommodating. The menu was very inviting and the extra touches prior to the starters and after dessert were outstanding. First class restaurant without the pretentious experience you may have in other high end restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience1stimerDined on 17/9/2014Fantastic food, service and an overall fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Fine dining at it's finest.rpevangelistaDined on 16/9/2014We were a party of 4 and we came with high expectations about the restaurant. We left extremely satisfied with the entire experience. The food was simply glorious. We had the Menu Prestige with the choice of either Cotswold lamb or Bresse pigeon with champagne and then wine. The cucumber sorbet in mint leaves was a favorite. The service was impeccable and precise. The Sommelier was very helpful with the wine selection. We dined to our hearts' content. Quite a lovely evening.Special Features:
- expect more from a 3 starredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014Food was very good, high quality products, attention to details and the flavors were exceptional, but it lacked imagination or creativity, the food seemed to be too safe and kind of boring. There wasn't any wow factors that one would expect from a 3 Michelin starred restaurant. Service was very good. attentive and friendly. For the value, there are many restaurants in the city that offers more creative, fun, exciting and playful foods for lower price. I wouldn't rush to go back, but I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking to celebrate a special occasions. Definitely worth a try this one of iconic restaurants in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch experiencerevtintinDined on 15/9/2014My wife and I thorough enjoyed the gastronomic feast (lunch, tasting menu), and the service offered by the staff was excellent. For a first visit, I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Gordons rocks but beware!SimonJDined on 12/9/2014Had a celebration at Gordon Ramsay's in Royal Hospital Road booked at 6.45 through OpenTable. On arrival we were incorrectly shown the door to his neighbouring establishment Foxtrot Oscar (with GR's name endorsed on the signs) by the taxi driver. This is nothing more than a bistro. Rather than redirect us 50 yards the receptionist explained our booking was at 7 not 6.45 [LIE] on their system and showed us to a table. There was no booking here but the atttempt to deceive us by a restaurant bearing GR's name was deplorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it alllagunafoodieDined on 12/9/2014From the moment we entered, to the moment we left, the service was exceptional, the food was beyond compare, the wine was excellent and it did not hurt that Chef Ramsey was actually there dining with a group. Best meal we have ever had.Special Features:
- Stunning12septembergirlDined on 12/9/2014We were in London for a special weekend of Michelin-meals! This one was the first, and what a great start! The only one honestly that 'chinned the bar' faultlessly over the weekend! The service was nicely formal but very friendly, the food just lovely! We left on a high having had such a great start to the weekend. We will not leave it years before finding any excuse to visit again. If I was to try and find a quibble, the only slight negative was feeling a touch cramped at our table - the configuration for seating twosomes around the room could do with a little more space for guests to relax in sitting, not with chairs touching the next table of guests. But, overall, we really loved it. Thank you Rob the maitre d' and all staff/kitchen.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday.braken1Dined on 12/9/2014The service was attentive and the pace was spot on. The food was superb and my wife and I were given a corner window seat which I really liked. The menus provided great options. You can't go wrong at this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great eating experienceWineshareDined on 11/9/2014Cosy atmosphere, very helpful and knowledgeable staff who gave an excellent service Excellent food which not any tasted very good but was interesting and many dishes were novel to me Very good wine list with some great wines some of which were not too expensive.Special Features:
- Much more than expected!!!AlexCunhaDined on 10/9/2014We had an amazing dining experience at this restaurant.For sure,the best place we've ever had!The service is perfect,the food looks like art,the wine list brings many good surprises for a valuable price and the ambience is very elegant.Will come back next time in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperiencetwosomeDined on 9/9/2014We had very good food together with a suitable good wine served to each course from competent service people. The surroundings could have been a bit "warmer", i.e. comfortable. It was quite narrow seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014it was a great experience my wife and i had. we really enjoyed all the aspects. we definitely go back again.Special Features:
- a bit disappointedHellobVIPDined on 8/9/2014this is my second time to this restaurant, and I still ordered from that lunch menu. However, I found it much worse than the previous time i came in November 2013. I hope they can improve the menu.Special Features:
- In a word, disappointingfullupDined on 5/9/2014Hit and miss, more miss than hit sadly. Bland, slightly overdone lobster with overly tart pickles was my starter (my partner signature ravioli was 'exquisite' however). Suckling pig for both us as a main. I left the potato (too salty) and some kind of pork mess wrapped in a Brussels sprout shell as they were inedible. A nice little sausage was the only real high point there. Cheese for me and a strawberry tart for my wife ordered together, but served at different times. A mix-up unacceptable at this level/cost, Worst thing was the wine. Sommelier's recommendation. Tasted foul. No-one noticed we were not drinking it and that the decanter remained untouched, despite the relentless over-servicing and interruptions. Recommend? No. Return? No.
- AmazingPoppyDined on 5/9/2014Service was great, staff excellent , food was amazing! Only criticism was that it was very hot, the air con wasn't able to cope. Apart from that couldn't fault itSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodChrisDined on 5/9/2014Food and service was excellent - highly recommend. food and service good value but wish wine prices were more sensibleSpecial Features:
- A perfect afternoonAJK3Dined on 5/9/2014Went to Ramsey's to celebrate a special bithday and everything from the room to the sevice and of course the food made it a memorable afternoon. The room itself is small and intimate and all the staff were charming and friendly without being obstrusive - a pefect balance. We ate from the a la carte starting with the signature ravioli which was sublime alongside an excellent viognier recommended by the wonderful sommelier. It set the tone for the rest of the meal with every course and accompanying wine perfectly judged and presented. The attention to detail was outstanding, even down to presenting my friend a tiny truffle with a birthday candle at the end of the meal. For a truely special experience it can't be beaten.Special Features:
- AmazingIreneDined on 4/9/2014We left the restaurante feeling very good, kind of happiness because everything was amazing. We felt very confortable, the service was outstanding and, obvious, the food was spetacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Very Careful When Dining HereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2014We attended your operation for a special occasion. When we arrived awe were offered a glass of Champagne. Fair enough. But to offer a glass of champagne at the price of about 170.00 dollars a glass with out letting the customer know, it a little over the top. Ignorance on my part I have to pay for. I asked for a bottle of Blanc de Blanc and was given the same Champagne we were served by the glass. I think I walked out with an almost 1800.00 USD bill and the better part of it was for something we did not anticipate. I travel all over the world, and have never had this happen in any of the world best restaurants. Great way to drive up the seat average, and a good way to drive away customers
- Great dining experienceSYTExperienceDined on 29/8/2014Great dining experience. I specially loved the signature dish lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ramsays DevinePenthouseLivingDined on 29/8/2014I have dined in many one and two Michelin star places, this was my first three star. Can you tell the difference? OMG - you certainly do - absolutely amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPedroDined on 28/8/2014Four of us went for lunch to celebrate a joint retirement. It was our first visit having been unable to get a table on previous occasions so our expectations were high for several reasons. The team managed to exceed all our expectations with the dishes that were chosen beautifully prepared, presented and balanced. The 'front of house' team made us feel fantastically welcome and relaxed without being too 'familiar' whist at the same time providing a very efficient and professional service. Before visiting, while our expectations were high, and we were anticipating a good meal none of us would have considered leaving such a restaurant with an overwhelming feeling of 'great value for money' as well as how the team made it so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceEugene83Dined on 28/8/2014Had a wonderful and amazing experience at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. Bring food to a greater heightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencemrsbDined on 28/8/2014From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel important. The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The menu was slightly different to the one published on the website but that suited me perfectly as one of the starters had been changed to salt-baked beetroot, my favourite veg and it was delicious. We travelled from Worthing to celebrate our anniversary and shared this when questioned by the Maitre d', he brought us an extra little pudding and offered us a visit to view the kitchen, which we accepted. The whole experience was totally marvellous and we will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!KTJ27Dined on 27/8/2014Faultless service and delicious food. Head of house, in particular, was incredibly welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an exceptional dining experienceViccccVIPDined on 27/8/2014Went to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay with 3 other friends. Quite a small dining area, but the food was excellent, and that I am referring to Menu Prestige, Rose water Turkish delight is my favourite dessert and there were generous number of choices of wine selections. Service was outstanding, too.Special Features:
- A lovely special mealFoodieDined on 25/8/2014My boyfriend and I went for a one-off meal here for a special occasion. The food was absolutely amazing - as you would expect and the service was brilliant. The waiters and waitresses made the occasion feel personal and special for us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for everyone and anyone that can afford a nice one-off treat to spend with friends / partners. It was an experience that everyone should experience at least once in their life.Special Features:
- luvindianDined on 25/8/2014This was our second visit and already looking forward to the next - my Turbot and tart tatin exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- make yourself feel so importantaa555Dined on 22/8/2014The attentive service was phenomenal (a word often used by Mr Ramsay). My husband and I chose the Menu Prestige, though the food was in small portion, the presentation and the details were amazing. The flavour of each ingredient was well balanced and tasty. A quick look at the kitchen was a nice surprise, which could satisfy the fans' curiosity, including me, of course. Very much looking forward to visiting Gordon Ramsay Restaurant open soon in Hong Kong!Special Features: