Rocket at Saltwater
The Corner House
Nottingham, NG1 4DBNeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
Rocket at Saltwater
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltwaternottingham.co.uk/
- Phone: 01159242664
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 12:00pm -12:00am
Wednesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Pizzeria, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
We currently have in-house DJs playing on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. We also have frequent music events throughout the year in the bars and on the terrace, outside. Please contact us for information of any future events.
- Public Transit:
We are located opposite the Theatre Royal tram stop.
- Parking: Public Car Park
- Parking Details:
We do not have parking but there are large public car parks, adjacent, including Trinity Square NG1 4AF, Wollaton Street (Crowne Plaza Hotel) NG1 5RH, Talbot Street NG1 5GG and Euro Car Park on Upper Parliament Street NG1 6LD.
A word from Rocket at Saltwater
Rocket at Saltwater blends the fabulous Rocket food and drinks range, quirky interior design style and a truly stunning setting to become Nottingham’s most unique eating and drinking hot spot.<br><br>We offer outstanding food at great value prices, a top quality bar featuring outstanding cocktails, wide range of wines by the glass and bottle, alongside carefully selected beers and spirits. The restaurant serves a wide selection of À la carte dishes such as our Halloumi brochette with fresh tomatoes and a watermelon chutney starter, Surf & Turf Salad with fried prawns, baby squid, seared rare beef, drizzled with a spicy lime, tomato & chilli salsa. Our signature 13" stone baked pizzas are made using fresh, top quality ingredients. Not only do we have the most unique sun terrace in the city, we cater especially for private hire events, corporate functions and large parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rocket at Saltwater - Best restaurants in Nottingham ›
Rocket at Saltwater reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since 23 May 2014
special occasions (13)romance (11)pre/post theatre (8)group bookings (7)business meals (7)fit for foodies (6)disabled access (3)good vegetarian options (3)brunch (3)sunday lunch (2)outdoor eating (2)afternoon tea (1)outstanding value (1)Show More
- Poor serviceBex0019918Dined on 30/8/2014Service wasn't that great. When we arrived the staff member tried seating us right next to another couple, there was no one else in there at the time and said that all the other tables were booked. Throughout the night some tables were obviously free and the need to squash people together when it was quiet was pointless. The menu option wasn't as listed on the website, choice was poor.
- Fine foodshorelyDined on 17/6/2014A creative menu, offering fine food and an excellent dining experience, and with some good deals available. Very helpful, attentive and friendly staff. Attracts a 'business lunch' crowd.Special Features:
- Great food but poor atmosphereHollyTDined on 6/6/2014The menu and food were excellent, good choice, tasty. The service wasn't great, our table wasn't ready for us so we were directed to the extremely busy bar to queue for a drink whilst we waited. We were still waiting for service by the time the table was ready. Staff weren't very attentive, I asked twice for water, had to remind them about our 2nd drinks order, my wine glass was dirty. It was hard to attract someone's attention to get the bill and then I had to ask again to actually pay as no-one followed through and took payment. The worst part though was the atmosphere, the music from the bar was so loud you couldn't have a nice relaxing meal. The food is pricy and although it was good it wasn't worth the bad service and noisy atmosphere.
- great food and atmospherecosmoDined on 31/5/2014I am a regular customer at Rocket Saltwater and it never fails to dissapoint. Great choice of good food and friendly staff. Nice upbeat atmosphere and setting. Definitely will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Anniversary DatebubblesDined on 11/5/2014Went to Rocket to celebrate our 1st wedding Anniversary. We were the last diners to be seated at 4pm so the restaurant was quiet but the staff were attentive without being obtrusive. The rib of beef with Sunday gravy was Beautiful & very tender. We both enjoyed our Anniversary meal & will book again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, the best!wifeluvsFOODDined on 10/5/2014Finally ate here after many attempts in the past that were cancelled for different reasons and to be honest the last reason we cancelled was being told that food was not good. Hahahahahahahahahahahahah, How stupid were we?. This is by far the best meal we have had in Nottingham, and we eat out quite a lot. We will definitely be eating here again and soooon .Special Features:
- Wednesday NightlovefoodDined on 7/5/2014Wednesday night meal, which as you would expect was a quiet night, so didnt help with atmosphere, never the less was patient waiting staff, tentative and lovely food, followed by drink on the roof top terrace, which had a great backdropSpecial Features:
- Ticks every boxdavidx2Dined on 3/5/2014Whatever your reason for visiting Saltwater beit for Cocktails, a celebration, a special dinner or just a great night out, this venue meets it on all levels. The restaurant service, food and ambience were all excellent.. The bar was buzzing and the cocktails perfectly mixed.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service, noisyLozhax27Dined on 19/4/2014The food here was good. However you seemed to pay for it so I would have expected it to be good. It is essentially a nice bar that does food and at 9pm on a Saturday it was very noisy which isn't exactly a good setting for an expensive meal. Service wasn't great - we were the last diners and we were treated like it, we were brought food then just left alone until asked if we wanted dessert, which is fine but there was no one around to ask for any more drinks or sauces etc. I did and book an earlier table but none were available, however the restaurant had plenty of empty tables when we got there. Overall I probably wouldn't eat here again due to price, you can get decent food for less elsewhere, but it was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchguioDined on 29/3/2014I really like Rocket and its food. it's a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.......ILmitch79Dined on 15/2/2014Fantastic food and service.......I would say book as it's very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time and last timeGreg1Dined on 25/1/2014Very poor food. Starter sent back. Mains took 30mins veg another 10. Food quality on fried squid was inedible, burnt and totally unimaginative. Main steak was acceptable but pork belly was over salted and quite unpleasant. Even with starter taken off the bill with wine the bill was £88 for 2. Too expensive for mediocre pub food. First experience was the same so we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsOhHiMikeDined on 2/11/2013We visited the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant is in a great location and has a classy feel and good atmosphere; very chilled and relaxed. The service was excellent; all staff were polite and attentive. The meal was served in good time but we did not feel rushed. We had the rare beef and chip salad which was amazing; I don't normally like my beef rare but I really enjoyed this meal. You get a decent portion too, a full plate of food. The prices aren't cheap but I'd say you do get your money's worth. Unless money is no object I'd save this for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely food and atmosphereGirlieDiningDined on 25/10/2013Went for a meal with a couple of friends. Was really lovely atmosphere. Slightly miffed that the 'water for the table' offered as we sat down was charged at £3.90 for a bottle as we might not have had it otherwise. Everytime I picked up the drinks menu a waiter appeared, which would have been great if I actually wanted to order something, but being food students we were just interested in looking at the flavours! Also slightly irritating that the service was already on the bill, we would have tipped anyway, but this just made dividing the bill difficult! Food was exceptional and would definitely go back if not for anything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodRoNottsDined on 18/10/2013Dined on 18.10.13 in the evening. The surrounding is great, really enjoyed the food and the service was fantastic. I definitely recommend it and have done to friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNjbvs05Dined on 10/10/2013Great food, service and surroundings. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice foodTina12244Dined on 5/10/2013Love this place for food it's always so well cooked and looks really pretty for a decent price Lovely atmosphere for catching up with friends Definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Rocket at Saltwater reviews archive.
- amazingSimmoDined on 12/9/2013A very enjoyable and fantastic place. Have eaten in a variety of places over past year and a bit with my friends on a regular occurance and this, to date, was one of the best meals ww have enjoyed and value for money has beaten most places so far. Will be going again I am sure of it.Special Features:
- Empty007casinoroyaleDined on 31/8/2013Restaurant was lacking atmosphere as it was nearly empty at 8 on a saturday night. Shame as its a nice place with good food.Special Features:
- Pleasant enough eveningHandbagshoppingstarDined on 23/8/2013Overall we had an enjoyable evening; however the menu was limited for the very 'picky' vegetarian with us whom had limited choice. All 3 starters were great. Vegetarian main course consisted mainly of cherry tomatoes which was a little disappointing. Myself and the other half had steak, both were a little over cooked and not the best, we didn't complain as we were on a tight schedule & didn't have time to wait. We'll stick with the pizzas in future as they are very good. We had 2 excellent bottles of Shiraz at £30 each. One thing I do get annoyed about it the 12.5% service charge automatically added to the bill. We did leave a tip but refuse to have the wine included on service as you have to pour it yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food.BernadetteDined on 16/8/2013A starter of melon and meat was a sign of what was to come. Warm, soggy melon and poor quality salami and ham. Chef's salad for main which was nothing short of vile. Salad leaves that, at home, you would look at and send straight to the bin. It had a big splodge of soggy brown avacado and hunks of cheese more at home on a cheeseboard than in a main. The whole dish was soggy, the freshness of any salad content long since gone. It was inedible. The service was very good, the waiter very understanding and the main was taken off the bill. Still, the evening was a massive disappointment. I'm sure they can knock up a pizza and the bar was lively, but if you're looking for a decent meal, I strongly recommend that you head elsewhere.
- Rocket, NottinghamBarmyarmyDined on 13/7/2013A busy restaurant / bar with a good outside area. We ate inside & were impressed with the choices on the menu & the quality of the food. We would eat there again and recommend to other visitors to NottinghamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious againFairyGandMeDined on 10/7/2013Another lovely meal. The bread selection with the olive oil and balsamic reduction dip was scrummy (and a generous portion), the crab and salmon fishcakes salad was hearty and tasty and the sticky toffee pudding was heavenly. Drinks outside afterwards on the terrace rounded the evening off nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but poor servicepizzaloverDined on 22/6/2013The food was excellent and they catered well for dietary requirements contacting me beforehand and offering additional options that were off menu. Unfortunately the evening was let down by the poor service. We had to ask were items were and when chased the server was not particular helpful. Overall I would return as the food was lovely and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFairyGandMeDined on 10/6/2013Great menu choice, quirky dishes (surf and turf salad for example, which was very light yet filling). Good portion sizes and a decent vegetarian selection and lots of delicious and healthy dishes. Food was beautifully cooked and served promptly. Desserts are to die for - the sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce was delicious. Lovely surroundings with the option of having your coffee outside on the terrace (with outdoor heaters and complimentary blankets for when it's cold). Will definitely book here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic night :)! Will repeat.MayhemMayhewDined on 18/5/2013We had heard good things about Saltwater, so we decided to celebrate a get together with another couple friends of ours who we hadn't seen in a few months and eat dinner there. We booked in advance online, which was nice and handy, and received confirmation email straight away which again was welcome (seeing what Saturday nights in Nottingham can be like, we wanted to ensure we'd have a table ready for 8pm). The lady who greeted us was very polite and friendly, and our waiter for the night was extremely courteous, gave us a great wine recommendation, answered all our queries, and was very patient when we couldn't make our minds up on what to have next (we're a hopeless bunch!). All dishes were delicious and the cocktails were excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre dinnerYrorkitDined on 3/5/2013Four of us dined prior to going to the Concert Hall. Fod was simply divine. Service excellent. Our bill arrived when prompted ensuring we were on time for the performance. Great value for the quality of the food, especially with a cornerhouse card. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice placeOnlymeDined on 16/3/2013This is the second time I have been to Rocket at Saltwater and by far the better of the 2 mainly due to the fact I went to dinner there too early and it was empty. Good food, well priced, attentive staff and a nice (albeit rammed full) bar to go into afterwards. Its not a world beater but.... the food, the price and the staff keep it up there with the better places I have been to in Nottingham. Thanks very much.Special Features:
- We went to Saltwater on aDGHPRDined on 9/3/2013We went to Saltwater on a Saturday night. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy and the service was very good, attentive without being overbearing. There were four of us and we all enjoyed our food, which was well cooked, well presented and very tasty. If there is a small criticism its the prices. There were at the upper end of what we would normally expect to pay at a location like Saltwater. However, thats a small criticism and it wouldn't deter us from going again but it will probably mean that we wouldn't be there on a regular basis.Special Features:
- First impressions can deceiveToMaDined on 8/3/2013After being dropped off outside the CornerHouse I wondered what this restaurant was going to be like as this wasn't what we expected to see. We were very surprised however to find a very lively, trendy well stocked bar with a fantastic selection of cocktails. Our table was in the sumptuous restaurant area with a great ambience and lots of features to chat about. Our food arrived which was very well presented to the point where we insisted on trying each others dish, both delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and made our way to the bar area for cocktails which were excellent and served very quickly. The large outside terrace would be great on a summers day afternoon. Overall I'd give this place 8.5/10 and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFergalColDined on 15/2/2013Food was superb, service was excellent. Cant complain and wont complain - brilliant!Special Features:
- Craig Billson birthdayJoojooDined on 4/1/2013We booked a table here for my partners birthday We was amazed at everything Great wine Great food Great service All the staff was friendly especially the chef as we were a little late to our table So a huge thank you for making my partners birthday extra special We will be coming in a few weeks with about ten of us looking forward to ifSpecial Features:
- Great food - poor serviceAMBF1Dined on 15/12/2012I didnt like the atmosphere at all and although the food was good - (starter and desert were excellent but the salmon main course was rather bland). The staff failed to tell us that they had a speacial Xmas menu when we sat down only giving us the option of the standard one. They then reminded us THREE times that the table was booked for 9pm, interupting our meal and spoiling things. For 150 quid for 3 people, I would have liked better quality service and consideration. We were then encouraged to 'finish off our drinks' in the packed noisy bar area, which isnt what you want when you have just had a meal. Definately wouldnt go again.Special Features:
- Fab foodLoopsDined on 24/11/2012Great atmosphere yummy food brilliant place for dinner with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big night outMansonDined on 17/11/2012Was great start to a brilliant night out, would recommend it to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it at Rocket, only hadBlossomDined on 17/10/2012Loved it at Rocket, only had a short time there as going on to the theatre and we were late, but service excellent and food delicious. Will definitely go and and next time spend more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall restaurant in NottsPeanutcookieDined on 13/10/2012The food is very good, good hearty portions, and great service with a genuine smile. My only very small complaint was I ordered Fried baby squid which I presumed would be gridle fried and and it arrived covered in batter and deep fried. Was still very nice though! Will definitly be back again soon:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but ...IanBurnistonDined on 12/10/2012I went to Rocket at Saltwater on Friday night (12 October). The food was very very good, but it was a bit pricey (13.95 for a pizza, expensive pint of lagre etc..), but the main problem was the ambience. The venue itself was fine, but the restaurent was mainly empty and the "ambience" came from the very busy/crowded bar area just by the restaurent. It did not lend itself to a relaxed, sophisticated meal.
- DinnercainDined on 7/9/2012Very good, but the restaurant was very quite when we were there, 8.30 FridaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceSaffronDined on 30/8/2012Went there for our anniversary evening meal on a thursday night and the place had just started to fill up. Got seated fairly quickly and served just as promptly. Very polite and friendly staff. The food was delicious and very well cooked. A good selection in the menu and would definitely visit again.Special Features: