Rocket Canary Wharf
2 Churchill Place
London, E14 5RBNeighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
Rocket Canary Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocketrestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02032002022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 06:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 06:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Pizzeria, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cristiano Caputo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rocket Canary Wharf
One of 10 UK restaurants shorlisted for a PAPA Pizza Restaurant of the Year Award in 2010, Rocket in Canary Wharf is our newest adventure so please come down and say hello and let us know what you think. We have a ground floor bar serving fresh cocktails, wine, and Champagne. Upstairs in our restaurant we serve our 13" stone baked pizzas and a great selection of fresh salads and grills. Both our restaurant and bar have outside terraces and are great places to relax with friends or colleagues in the summer. Our Wine List is possibly the best value in the whole of London. We have over 60 well regarded wines to choose from starting at £16.25. All are below £50.00 and many below £25.00. If you are looking for Champagnes we have 14 to choose from ranging from £38.00 for Baron de Marck NV and £41.50 for Mumm Cordon Rouge NV to £135.00 for a bottle of Krug or Taittinger Comtes de Champagne (1999). Wine connoisseur or not, we are sure you will find something that suits your palate and price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Rocket Canary Wharf - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Rocket Canary Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since 21 May 2014
business meals (62)group bookings (24)special occasions (19)outdoor eating (19)romance (17)fit for foodies (17)good vegetarian options (15)brunch (11)outstanding value (11)pre/post theatre (7)sunday lunch (6)disabled access (6)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Open table let me book a reservation for a Sunday at 8pm. The restaurant wasn't open.
- excellent foodclaire90Dined on 11/9/2014fantastic location for dinner after work. downstairs was more lively, whereas upstairs was quieter and more spacious. although there was a private party going on behind our table, the noise was still tolerable. the food was absolutely fantastic, so much variety and interesting combinations. i would highly recommend the pizzas! friendly staff, although the service could have been a little more attentive as we had to wait a few minutes longer than we would have liked to order. however, this was easily overlooked due to the overall excellent experience.Special Features:
- Nice environmentKennedyDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant looks very lovely and elegant, nice starters and I really liked the sea bass, good choice for a romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizza and lovely environment!helwincDined on 27/8/2014Really wonderful food and a interesting decor. Okay service but very friendlySpecial Features:
- Food was good but service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014I went there for lunch with a colleague on a Tuesday. The staff there were rude and I thought the maitre d was not even happy to see me. He showed me to my table after a pause and acted unfriendly. It's a shame as the food was great and the venue is great too.
- ShazzaDined on 7/8/2014We had late lunch on terrace, it was fantastic. The food was sensational and service very good, I would definintely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocket Canary WharfSRG1Dined on 6/8/2014We had a very pleasant lunch for 3 to celebrate a retirement. The venue is light and airy and has a buzz to it. I had an excellent hot sea bass with mango salad , my friends had the burger and the beef salad. All the mains were tasty and fresh. The house wine was good value for Canary Wharf, and deserts were scrumptious. A good experience all round. Would have been nice on the terrace but its not very big and the doors were open anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchEnglishKnightDined on 4/8/2014Went here as it is close to the office and was a good place to catch up with a colleague. Good place to have a conversation, though not that private, luckily it was quiet.Food quality is really good, and serving sizes were more than adequate, (I had a pizza and it was probably just a little too big for lunch). Slightly pricey but it is Canary Wharf. Good for a business lunch but not really family oriented.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/7/2014Very nice meal in the centre of canary wharf. Lots of choice on the gluten free menu which is not always the case. The sharing board was lovely and we bothe enjoyed our mains. Only negative was the waitress did not understand when we asked for the gluten free menu. Instead of asking someone else she only pretended to understand and we had to ask another waitress for the gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 18/7/2014Rocket Canary Wharf is perfect for Canary Wharf client lunches. Not only do they do great pizzas, their salads are very filling and delicious - so you don't get food envy when everyone else orders a pizza!Special Features:
- sloppyjoeDined on 11/6/2014Delicious pizza, and interesting menu for other things. Efficient service. Reasonable range of wines by the glass. Would come here again.Special Features:
- Business lunchDockersDined on 27/5/2014Good service levels (although bit hard to get the bill) and has a good atmosphere whilst being low enough volume to enable a business conversation. Enjoyed the food too! Not cheap at £50 for 2 mains, 2 soft drinks and 2 coffees.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 15/5/2014The staff were very rude and unfriendly. We all had steak which was very overcooked.
- Good Value!PiggyVIPDined on 15/5/2014My second visit here over the last month. Overall the staff here are friendly and welcoming and the food is delicious. The offer of £10 for steak and chips is very good together with the 2 for 1 cocktails at certain times makes this a good value venue. Although the staff made an error with the bill, this was rectified quickly and pleasantly the following day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service charge. ?BarnowlDined on 26/4/2014Went there as a group of four. The service was very good, our two issues were that there was posters inside and outside about 2.4.1 classic cocktails. We asked about this and they said this was finished however you could choose from three cocktails for special offer, well if the offer is finished take down the posters, We as a group have no problem in tipping / service charge but do object to 12,5 % automatically being added to the bill even though it states it's discretionary. Overall the food was good and we enjoyed our evening ,Special Features:
- Great food but you pay for itCT22VIPDined on 22/4/2014I really enjoyed our dining experience but it is an expensive choice. I would dine there again but not very iften due to the prices.
- Poor ServiceLJT1Dined on 28/3/2014The food was very good, as were the cocktails! However the restaurant seemed understaffed and the service was really quite poor.
- Rocket CanarySRG1Dined on 18/3/2014We had lunch for five, very attentive waitress, tasty food and a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restuarant lacked atmosphereHungryTummyx2Dined on 1/3/2014The restuarant lacked atmosphere and I think the pictures are misleading as the restuarant was very small and not at all what I expected. A bit overpriced too. Sorry for the negative feedback, I never do but this restuarant did not impress at all. Maybe it was just me.Special Features:
- Enjoyable pre concert meal.....SiSiDined on 1/3/2014Rockets food was top notch as was the service and restaurant ambience.... great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my boyfriend to RocketBlushblendDined on 28/2/2014I took my boyfriend to Rocket for his birthday meal n I can say that I was disappointed. Even though the value is good the atmosphere was a bit too loud for a nice romantic meal. The food was okay nothing special and the service could have been better. The waitress spent more time showing each other affection than actually serving the food. Overall it was okay I would recomend it for an after work grab or Group dinners.Special Features:
- there were 4 of us and wemunchmanDined on 28/2/2014there were 4 of us and we each tried a different dish - we all found the dishes to be very tasty, all the flavours combined very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leaving dinnerzanniDined on 28/1/2014Really great food nd attentive waiters. Only needed a main course as the portions are rather large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eating in Canary WharfwebNBDined on 7/1/2014It was a Tuesday in January. They weren't exactly rushed off their feet. But the service was pretty good thanks to a ratio of about one staff member to one table when we arrived. Don't let the quietness of a VERY rainy day put you off. I think this place is probably buzzing come summertime. The choices of platters and main courses are great and with a well-stocked bar and pretty good views of the area (do you like skyscrapers?) a great night out in E14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK ishpuneetwalaDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant is good and I have been here before a couple of times. This time the service was pretty shoddy. There was so much rush to order food or move tables etc when the restaurant was almost empty. Constant interruptions during business meal. For example we were 3 on a table for 4 and we were told that we might have to move if a party of 4 appears (when we were the only customers there). They could do we with better servers. Food was quite good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic value for moneyFoodieDined on 6/1/2014The elements that stood out the most was the lovely venue, great table with a view of the dome and the immaculate service. Our food was well presented and for mid range offerings was more than well prepared and cooked. But the most surprising element was the great value for money. For such a great menu and selection of wines as well as the quality of the food the price was very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low quality food and the majorityPaulDined on 18/12/2013Low quality food and the majority of the serving staff were miserable and looked like that didn't want to be there!
- great food in a nice ambianceThomasDined on 4/12/2013This place stands out from the typical pizza / pasta restaurant with an original menu and quality food. I would definitely recommend this place for a change in Canary Wharf. Looking forward to my next visit to Rocket!Special Features:
- Rocket Canary WharfMonkeygalDined on 26/11/2013Had a very enjoyable lunch with a couple of colleagues. The menu is varied and always has several things to tempt me. I've rated the food as 3 as one of my dining companions found his food on the bland side, however, mine was fine. The staff are very friendly, it's a pleasant and vibrant atmosphere and a great choice for a nice lunch.
- Yummy!TamsinDined on 21/11/2013Had a lovely time at Rocket, loved the decor - modern, yet cosy, and the service was great. The bar was very busy on a Thursday night but the restaurant was pleasant, even with a private function at one end. The food was very good, I recommend the Rare beef and chip salad! Desserts are few and simple choices but the starters and mains on the menu are innovative with plenty of choice. A very tasty bottle of prosecco and two courses later, 40 quid is not a bad price at all! (including service charge). Highly recommend. Canary Wharf has some lovely places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocket - always a winnerkilmispDined on 20/11/2013Rocket is a nice, reaonably priced restaurant. Food is always tasty. Staff could sometimes be slightly more attentive, but other than that it stands heads and shoulders above the other similar restaurants in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out.ChinRobinsonDined on 13/11/2013Arrived well into the evening for dinner but accomodated brilliantly. Wonderful food, great service and very helpful staff. A must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a regular visitor toCHAMPAGNE103VIPDined on 12/11/2013I am a regular visitor to Rocket in Canary Wharf. A disapppointing visit this time unfortunately. The Chef's salad ordered was not to the standard previously experienced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favouriteskilmispDined on 7/11/2013Rocket is one of my favourite restaurants in the Wharf. Very tasty food, lovely staff and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cheap and cheerful.CinbrugDined on 25/10/2013Food was cheap and cheerful. Lots of people downstairs for drinks after work. restuarant wasnt as busy but that did not bother as the music from downstairs was buzzing and had a good meal with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkilmispDined on 24/10/2013Nice staff, tasty food, good prices. What more can you ask for.
- Superb food, particularlyhuehueDined on 16/10/2013At Rocket I had the best burger I have ever eaten. It's worth appreciating the significance of that. I have had a lot of burgers in my life. About three decades' worth. Many were very good. Rarely I found an excellent one. But Rocket's was the best. The dessert - a chocolate brownie - was also supremely supreme. Sadly I can't recommend this restaurant to anyone, because if people start to realise how good it is, it will be forever fully booked and I will never be able to get a table there again.Special Features:
- Great placesleepygirl888Dined on 8/10/2013Lovely cocktails, good range of drinks, nice décor, an interesting and unique menu and the food was tasty - we had a great evening at Rocket.Special Features:
- Rocket Canary WharfSRG1Dined on 4/10/2013We had a pleasant lunch here on a Friday, fresh salads and pizza and a bottle of house white. At £50 for 2 not bad for the Wharf, a nice airy place for cathching up with friends.Special Features:
- The following 513 reviews are from the Rocket Canary Wharf reviews archive.
- after drinks dinnerhmmmVIPDined on 12/9/2013I love it when we can book spontaneously, for 8 people and on a Thursday night! The food is not fantastic but you can always go for a pizza or fishcakes. I had fish this time and must admit it was a bit dry. Our waiter was a bit grumpy on the night but the ambience was very good and we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.