6 Adams Court
London, EC2N 1DXNeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocketrestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7628 0808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00PM - 05:00PM; Saturday - Sunday: closed, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 05:00PM - 10:30 PM; Saturday - Sunday: closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Pizzeria, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cristiano Caputo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music in our ground floor bar every Friday night from 6.30 pm. Our bars and restaurant can be reserved for private parties and we can arrange a DJ or create a themed party too.
A word from Rocket City
Rocket is situated in a pedestrian only courtyard just off Old Broad Street and Threadneedle Street, we have two very different bars and an exciting restaurant serving 13" stone baked pizzas and a great selection of fresh salad and grill dishes. In addition to our seasonal menus, we have regularly changing specials available in both our bar and restaurant. Our top floor restaurant can be reserved at both lunch and dinner. In the evening we have a weekly special set menu for £15. Our ground floor bar is for walk-ins only and is not reservable. It offers both bar food and a selection of dishes from our a la carte restaurant menu at lunch time. In the summer it is possible to eat and drink outside on our terrace. Our lounge bar is great for parties and serves fresh cocktails and canapes. Our Wine List is possibly the best value in the whole of London. We have over 60 well regarded wines to choose from starting at £16.25. All are below £50.00 and many below £25.00Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocket City reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since 26 November 2013
business meals (96)group bookings (48)fit for foodies (35)romance (21)good vegetarian options (20)special occasions (18)brunch (17)outstanding value (14)outdoor eating (12)sunday lunch (4)pre/post theatre (4)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- LouiseDined on 18/11/2014Lovely menu and good service. Good choice for lunch meet ups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in an tucked away placeNormskiVIPDined on 14/11/2014This was booked last minute as I just needed somewhere decent in the Liverpool Street area, but what a great place. It's a little hard to find and the entrance is though a busy and noisy bar, but the lift takes you to a haven of peace a couple of floors up. We really enjoyed our food, despite the fact that some of the rare beef was a little chewy and the tuna steak, which we were told would just be seared, was pretty much cooked right through (thankfully it was ordered by someone who just wanted to try it and the flavour was still good). That said, the food really was good and we'll come back. The portions were large, so a sharing board was large enough as a starter.
- Great foodCAS1Dined on 12/11/2014I ordered the grilled salmon on stir fry vegetables and it was great! The menu does have some 'healthier' options for those following low carb eating. The service was great and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, fantastic foodSLW8Dined on 4/11/2014Really enjoyed our meal here, it's a great menu, I wanted to try everything as it all sounds so good. Our food was delicious, real feel good food, served beautifully. Will be back. Great cocktails downstairs too, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't eat........AJF78Dined on 30/10/2014I cannot offer an honest review of the food at this restaurant as my wife and I were only there for a few minutes. However, I can offer a review of the ambience and service offered. No music so you can just hear the noise of people shouting at each other from the bars below and from other tables in the restaurant. I have never felt quite so astounded by the level of rudeness from the waiting staff in any other establishment. We will not return, ever, and will spread the word far and wide that this restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. If you are looking to spend any of your money on a meal, please do not go here. You will be very, very disappointed. The food on offer does not justify the awful service you receive.
- Great menuFatEmsDined on 30/10/2014I love the menu here; it's so varied and also offers some really interesting, different ideas to other places. Fish and Chips salad is especially good, also the pulled pork pizza. Also brilliant if you're particularly hungry!Special Features:
- KiplingDined on 9/10/2014. Although very noisy downstairs, upsatirs was a haven of peace. The menu was suitably varied, and the wine list was betetr than expected. Overall, service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodbmclDined on 8/10/2014Been here 3 times and it was great as usual. Service was great and we enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, good cooking,KeenEEaterDined on 1/10/2014The food here is well-cooked and comes in generous portions for the City. My main of beef and chips turned out to be a mountain of rare beef balanced on a ball of rocket, and surrounded by a moat of chips. With a spicy black bean sauce on top, it was delicious. I am rarely outdone by a plate of chips, but I retired hurt from the field this time... in a good way. The staff are very pleasant and the space itself is nice. We were two women meeting for lunch and a chat and Rocket worked well for us, which can't be said of all City venues. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placePippinDined on 25/9/2014It was a nice environment however food was not worth the extra over pizza expressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does the jobCarveupVIPDined on 10/9/2014Spacious restaurant serving generous portions of well cooked regular food. The service can be a bit slow but the staff are friendly.Special Features:
- Good food, nice veggie optionsAG475VIPDined on 8/9/2014But service may sharpen up a bit, as some of us don't have am hour and a half for a main course and a coffee....Special Features:
- ReviewMC2014Dined on 22/8/2014Hen Party - good service and good food. Attentive Staff - would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Safe option in the CitylovegoodfoodDined on 21/8/2014I find Rocket to be a good, safe choice for lunch meetings -- friendly or business. The menu has a good variety, the setting is pleasant, and the service is reliable. We were not rushed to order -- which was nice -- and we were not hassled during our meal. My only issue with my last visit is that our meals actually came a little too quickly for comfort. We both ordered salads, which were served almost immediately, giving us a clear impression of a line of pre-prepared meals waiting to be delivered to tables. A bit disappointing, but, that said, the food was good. Rocket is a bit pricey for what you get, but it is a safe choice -- particularly if you're meeting someone you don't know that well (ie, business lunch).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 19/8/2014We were seated in the main restuarant for lunch. When asking the waiter if we could have the lunchtime bar menu we were told no and that we would have to sit downstairs if we wanted this, he was ver rude and unhelpful. I could not understand why we could not have the bar menu as all the food comes out of the same kitchen. We ordered of the La'carte menu and the food we had was very nice, it was served quite quickly but the service from the waiter let the exeriance down.
- ExcellentDondonDined on 29/7/2014As per usual food and service was amazing. Can't remember how many times I have been here and have never had to return food or complain about the service. Great job guys keep it up :)Special Features:
- Great business lunchzendonDined on 29/7/2014We visited for business lunch. The service was great, menu is generous with lots of mouth watering options and price range. Compact but very hood wine list. The food was delicious, on-time. My only criticism would be the acoustics of the upstairs dining area; the walls and ceiling are bare; so once it was crowded; it got noisy. Overall, great place and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/7/2014Brilliant atmosphere and service. Food very well presented and very large portions. Would definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkPDined on 28/7/2014Good food and a friendly atmosphere. met with friends and enjoyed both the restaurant and our catch up for lunch. Pizza was good just right.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 25/7/2014We took a client to Rocket and had a really nice lunch, its very relaxed which was perfect for the individual we took. 2 great bar areas as well as a loively setting, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, but slow serviceCorneutersDined on 24/7/2014You cannot fault Rocket for their food, portions or presentation, it's probably some of the best you will find anywhere in the city. However the food comes out a bit slow and you shouldn't come here if you are in a rush. The staff, who are otherwise great, also have a tendency to disappear when you need them most - like when you're trying to find out what happened to that dessert you ordered 20 minutes ago, or when you want to get the bill and get back to the office. If you are not in a rush, this would be one of my top recommendations, but if you want a quick meal go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfoxbatVIPDined on 22/7/2014Robust portions, good food and a nice ambience are the hallmark of Rocket City.Special Features:
- Great, thank you!bmclDined on 18/7/2014Great, thank you! Food was good and so was the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, good atmospherejessrempsDined on 4/7/2014Came here at lunchtime for a business lunch. Was meeting a client and indicated there was a reservation for 2 of us under my name - they told me I could grab a table anywhere (didn't realise there was a restaurant bit upstairs). I did grab a table in the lounge area, without realising my client had already been sat upstairs in the restaurant part. Food was great (we both had salads) and came quickly, though I'd requested dressing without bacon and sure enough it came with bacon. Ate it anyways - was still delicious! Reasonable prices for amount and quality of food. Would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always htis the spotKeeleyVIPDined on 19/6/2014the food is always good here. I think the prices may have gone up as it seemed a little more expensive then ususal but worth it
- Good food, slow serviceAG475VIPDined on 13/6/2014Second time at Rocket City, same experience: food is quite nice (and the menu offers a lot of choice) but the service is inexplicably slow, and really unacceptable for a City restaurant. I don't think I'll go back unless I have more than an hour for lunch.
- Nice lunchLunchpostDined on 5/6/2014Quick and enjoyable service. The food was good (excellent desserts!!) and portions are huge. We were on the first floor and it was extremely noisy. Basically had to yell at each other to have a conversation, but it was the only negative point about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/5/2014Went for a catch up with friends - restaurant was empty (Tuesday evening), pizza was soggy in the middle, tasteless and very overpriced. Wished we had gone to Pizza Express instead....which is saying something. We won't be returning.
- great atmospherefoodie2012Dined on 16/5/2014I came here for lunch with some friends. The restaurant is a bit loud however I had a really good meal. There's a few gigs veggie options too. My non veggie friends had difficulty trying to choose what to eat! The portion sizes are really big too so bear this in mind when ordering sides or starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DodgerDined on 29/4/2014Good value. Suitable to all age groups. Good for business lunch. Very god location.Special Features:
- Lovely food :)MandridgeDined on 28/4/2014I had lunch with a friend here who had not been before. She chose the chicken milanese and I had a chicken pizza - both were amazing and we couldn't finish them! The staff are really attentive and friendly which is great. It's really good value too. The only downside was that it was quite cold in there, but we were one of the first tables filled so I imagine it gets warmer as it gets more busy.Special Features:
- PleasantPittaPanDined on 8/4/2014Great food, service good, noisy atmosphere makes it hard to hold a conversation comfortably (the echoes in the room need attenuation)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicesquigglenatDined on 4/4/2014We went for a friday dinner. When I walked in, I was a little bit worried because the bar was absolutely packed with people enjoying the post-work drinks. Once I went up the stairs, the atmosphere changed completely and the restaurant was spacious with nice background music and perfect for a relaxing dinner with friends. The staffs were very friendly and attentive. All the dishes were of good portions (starters, main and side dishes) and seasoned well. Pizza dough was fresh and had plenty of toppings! We will happily go back again. Salad looked really good and would love to try it next time.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodNomNomVIPDined on 4/4/2014A great evening spent with a friend supping delicious "skinny" cocktails which in itself is great news! Followed by a lovely meal. I have been to Rocket on several occasions and am never disappointed with the quality of the food and service. My friend was thoroughly impressed too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual locationKathyDined on 21/3/2014In a courtyard in the City, nice bar downstairs to start the evening with a cocktail then move upstairs to the restaurant. Quirky place, tables spaced well apart. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Food was great, portions were on the large side so no need for a starter. Food nicely cooked and presented. Great place for meeting friends after workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service doesn't do it justiceThecriticDined on 11/3/2014The restaurant at the top of Rocket City is lovely and has a great ambiance, but unfortunately, on a relatively empty night our service was very disappointing. It was slow, forgetful and bordered on rude. The food is well priced and good and it is fit for business lunches as well a dinner with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/10 as per usualDondonDined on 6/3/2014Another superb evening spent at Rocket. Food, service and atmosphere top notch as per usual. Couldn't fault a thing. I have been coming here for about 3 years now (possibly longer) and the service and food hasn't changed once bit. Will be booking again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Informal lunch with colleaguesOccasionalDinerDined on 4/3/2014Pleasing sense of space and light in the room. Not crowded out by other tables and plenty of space at our table for the six of us. Only criticism was that it was very noisy and hard to hear people across the table. Food was great, good variety and reasonable size portions. Service was great, just about the right level of attentiveness without becoming bothersome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodTopdineDined on 28/2/2014This was a very nice restaurant to go to in groups. It has round tables and decor and food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venueTechnophobeblondeDined on 26/2/2014This feels like a very unique restaurant although it is part of a chain. The venue is amazing - a really interesting building in a great location. The use of the space is well thought out and could accommodate a big party or a small intimate group. The food is informal, but excellent quality (a rare combination in the City) and the wine list is extensive. I could happily spend all afternoon here and clients love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.