Rodizio Rico - Islington
77 - 78 Upper Street
London, N1 0NUNeighbourhood:
BrazilianPrice: £25 and under
Rodizio Rico - Islington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rodiziorico.com/content/loc_islington.php
- Phone: 020 7354 1076
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 12:30pm - 11:00pm Tue, Wed, Thu: 6:00pm - 11:59pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rodizio Rico - Islington
Rodizio Rico restaurant in north London may well be like no other restaurant you’ve tried before – unless you’ve eaten in the bustling Bayswater original. This is a roaming version of Brazilian barbecue where meat-gluttons can eat themselves happy. Here’s the deal. For a flat price (plus a fiver for seafood options) you choose all you can eat from the buffet salads and Brazilian hot dish bars. Then a parade of skilful passadors – or meat carvers – comes to your table with giant skewers and a ridiculous array of meat, meat and more meat. Leg of lamb, most bits of the cow, chicken thighs and wings and hearts, upper pig and lower pig – you’ve got the drift. After you’ve satisfied the inner carnivore, you might choose a flan or mousse (they’re extra). The wine list is heavily Latin American, and the caipirinhas authentic. Cheery, smart décor and enthusiastic staff make Rodizio Rico a great restaurant experience.There is a 2 hour time limit on ALL bookings on Friday and Saturday evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rodizio Rico - Islington reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since 27 November 2013
group bookings (8)special occasions (7)sunday lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)outstanding value (3)child friendly (2)good vegetarian options (2)pre/post theatre (1)business meals (1)Show More
- Meaty!FoodieDined on 6/10/2014I took my boyfriend here for a birthday meal as he is a meat lover and was recommended Rodizio Rico by a male friend. We booked a table for 7pm as we wanted to go for drinks afterwards, and it was a Monday evening so was not busy at all. I can imagine that this would not have been a good option on a weekend as the tables are quite close together and the buffet cart in the middle isn't particularly huge. Overall the meat was very tasty, always hot and cooked well. The salad cart was okay but nothing special and the hot food didn't seem particularly fresh and quite oily. Nice experience but wont be rushing to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/9/2014The waiters didn't not come to the table to serve meat often enough. There were very long pauses between service, and when we did get served we kept being offered the same cuts of meat instead of the variety that the menu boasted. What's more, the meat was very tough and impossible to cut with the table knives. Although the salad bar did offer a wide range of different sides at £25 per head I would say it is the most expensive salad I have ever paid for.
- easy group dinnermonkandvickDined on 16/9/2014Went here for my father's birthday. Easy with a group of mainly men. Not gourmet, but fun and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyDidaDined on 7/9/2014We booked on a Tuesday night after the theatre. The manager and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the place was so noisy we didn't stay.
- SZooDined on 25/8/2014Nice and big restaurant can accommodate a big group of people. But I feel the food was not as good a few years back when I first had dinner here.Special Features:
- DisappointingBentleyBoyDined on 14/8/2014Disappointing meal. Have enjoyed meals here in the past but this time, seemed to be less variety in meats with no Fillet or Sirloin Steak. Had to wait 20+ minutes for bill as credit card machines "were not working" but service did not seem to care that we had to wait. Luckily paid in cash and left. Unlikely to return as there are other alternatives.
- ChrisDined on 10/6/2014Nice Brazilian meat dishes. A lot of food coming every 30 seconds. Nice to go with a group of friendsSpecial Features:
- FantasticWesaGuimaraesDined on 20/4/2014Amazing place great ambience , great food , great selection of wines and great meat quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service & Friendly StaffsundaybirthdaydinerDined on 13/4/2014Staff were extremely helpful upon arrival and throughout the meal, rump steak was delicious. Best Rodizio I have been to in London so far. Booked as a birthday they really helped create atmosphere when the cake came out, even providing candles!Special Features:
- Not for usMBSTDined on 30/1/2014We went here for my birthday. We were both slightly dissatisfied We expected a lot more. Would go again but as a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat feastFoodieDined on 13/1/2014Rodizio is always a super place if you want to eat meat until your belly is about to burst. This time was almost as good as the many times we have been there before. The reason I gave 4 stars, instead of 5, is that my wife (who's vegeterian) was promised a baked dish with cheese and mushrooms. But the dish came with aubergines - which she doesn't like. I was completely satisfied with my dinner though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 451 reviews are from the Rodizio Rico - Islington reviews archive.
- Bland and noisymyriadofsinsDined on 3/11/2013We went there Sunday afternoon and it was really loud and crowded with chav families. The salads weren't too bad and the meat was tasty but there wasn't a lot of variety. The waiters who serve the meat as annoying as heck. They don't pay attention to the green/red cards. Nor do they listen to explicit requests like 'only a small piece' or 'no thank you'. I think the management must instruct them to shove as much food on your plate as possible. Not really interested in going back; avoid if you are a foodie.Special Features:
- Rodizio Rico as always goodManeDined on 10/10/2013Rodizio Rico as always good meat cuts, and a great choice for meat lovers.Special Features:
- You won't leave hungryCaroxaDined on 15/9/2013Went back to Rodizio Rico with a few friends that had never visited and everyone loved it. Food is good and with the meat coming to your table all the time you won't leave hungry for sure. The salad bar also has a good selection although I would not recommend this for vegetarians as you'll be offered meat every 2/5mins while sat at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Feat!SteffiDined on 22/5/2013A meaty heaven! From Chicken heart to steak, eat your way through a variety of different animals and to break it up the salad buffet is scrummy too.Special Features:
- Good value if you're hungry!BigGVIPDined on 19/5/2013It does represent outstanding value, but when its quiet the bbq meats come too quickly / frequently and the aircon is fierce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Expensive DrinksAAnMMADined on 31/3/2013The lasange and fried banana are AMAZING and a must eat when you go there, funny that when people are really there for the meat! This was our second visit there and we must say that we had a better experience the 1st time. They didn't give us the cards this time which meant we struggled to catch the waiters eyes when we did want meat, and they then wouldn't leave us alone when we didn't! We booked for a Sunday buffet with a party of 10. They had reserved two small tables for us which meant that throughout 2/3rds of our meal we were all elbows and knees bumping into each other until a member of staff then thoughtfully joined another table (which had been unoccupied our whole time there) with us, leading to a more comfortable experience.Special Features:
- Good value..KofiDined on 10/3/2013For the price you pay, you do get a lot of food. However, I did get quite bored of the dishes after a short while.Special Features:
- MeatyLizp30Dined on 3/2/2013My boyfriend has been desperate to go to this place after visiting the original in Brazil. We had a great time - I lost count of how many meats we tried (type, cooking style etc) and they were all delicious. The salads and other hot and cold items were lovely too. Terrific value for £21 - they just don't stop serving you. Probably not the place to take a vegetarian - they would probably get just about enough to eat, but the parades of skewered meat being promenaded up and down might finish them off. Will be back - when I've not eaten for two days in preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was OK if not outstanding.PeteMVIPDined on 3/2/2013The food was OK if not outstanding. The grills are the star of the show and it is an invitation to gluttony. The surroundings looked slightly tired in places and our waitress did not seem majorly happy in her job. Don't get me wrong, she was not rude but she did not add to the experience. We also had a wine glass with a decent slurp remaining removed when we ordered two more glasses. I called the waitress back (a different one to that referred to already) but she had already poured the slurp away. They gave us a new glass with a sip! We are not fussed about the cost but it did add to the impression that the waiting staff generally were not on top of their game.Special Features:
- Meat FeastArchwayJamesDined on 31/1/2013Absolutely super meal here, the meat just doesnt stop coming! Some slight variables in quality, but if theres something you dont like, something better will be along in just a few moments!Special Features:
- When can I go again?kfleDined on 16/1/2013Rodizio Rico in Islington was fantastic. The waiters were great, the endless food was generous but not overwhelming, and the salad bar was great. Can't wait to go again, although I'm now also eager to try other similar places to see who does it best.Special Features:
- Novelty mealMMmmmmDined on 3/1/2013Unusual eating experience with great selection of salads and sauces. Meat was occasionally underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday outinglovefoodDined on 23/12/2012My husband has been to the other branches & loved it so booked it for my birthday. I suppose as Christmas time it was busy and there were no specials/offers. The buffet was good but I found the meat was brought a little late each time and lacked option on how one prefers the meat. As I am pregnant I cannot eat rare which was how most of the meat was served and when we asked for well done, staff tried to give us the outer bits but unfortunately they were still rare. We also went with our 12 month son and it took a whille for them to give us a high chair & when it came apparently only one it did not secure well but we were informed. For the experience I found it not to be value for money as would not mind the cost but expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendscritiqueDined on 18/12/2012If you are a meat lover this place is great. The meat at times was dry and needed more flavour but for what it is you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Selection of Meats andLollyDined on 25/11/2012Good Selection of Meats and a good price for a Sunday Dinner, would have prefered more variety of rice to go with the meats but on the whole a good selction of salad'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Infinite amounts of greatBaldrick93Dined on 5/11/2012Infinite amounts of great tasting meat - the perfect place to start a lads night out.Special Features:
- averageMoHPDined on 18/10/2012Went on a Thursday, good atmosphere, average food, not cheap. Wouldn't go again!Special Features:
- MeatfestScotswedeDined on 3/9/2012Meat meat meat ..... All meat. Awesome. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average food n expensiveSingh141160VIPDined on 22/8/2012Went to this place for a date on a Wednesday evening. First things first, it's ridiculously expensive for the food. With an alcoholic drink, it cost us more than £40 per head. The food was barely average and the service extremely poor. The waiters weren't courteous. Whenever they used to come and cut the meat on our table, it wasnt a good experience: try hardly spoke fluent English and were cutting in a rough manner making is not feel nice. The strawberry caipirinha was a bit too sweet but still ok. I wouldn't recommend this place until they reduce the price of their stupid all you can't eat buffet.Special Features:
- meatyPChowDined on 15/7/2012first time visit to this restaurant, loved it, opted for the meat buffet, the food just kept coming, fine cuts of meat after meat after meat. will definately be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rodizio Rico2012Dined on 18/6/2012Dined at Rodizio Rico a while ago. We were there quite early and dined on a Monday so there were only few tables of customers when we were there. The food was quite good in the beginning but it got more salty. But brazilian grill is quite a fun way for dinner. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day Feast!roorzVIPDined on 17/6/2012Came here in a group of four on Father's Day. Three of us went for the meat, and one the vegetarian option. You certainly get your money's worth - we were there for nearly two hours, and servings of all sorts of cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken came round continuously. Not all of it is of the highest quality, but with so much to choose from you can afford to be relatively picky. Wine list has a lot of good South American options, though two of the Malbecs were sold out on the day we visited which was a bit disappointing. Only thing they didn't bring round was the chicken hearts, despite several prompts! Recommended, but make sure you arrive hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great filling station-average meatVictoriousDined on 10/6/2012We wanted filling, we were certainly filled! The salads were great and varied and the meat service was timely and regular but couldn't help thinking that the meat was just a little disappointing. Not particularly flavoursome and a little dry in some cases. Good for a filling meaty feast, clearly great for groups and service was really friendly. In comparison to rodizios in Brazil though, nowhere near!Special Features:
- Free of menu hustleAngeloDined on 10/6/2012I loved the concept that there is no menu - buffet service and freshly grilled meats coming to your table. Cosy ambience and friendly staff make Rodizio Ricco's a pleasant dining experience. Definitely going back for more...Special Features:
- Humungus quantitiesGreedyGutsDined on 27/5/2012First visit to Rodizio Rico. An over-abundance of meat on skewers with quantity rather than quality predominant. The salad and sides bar was very disappointing in that everything tended to taste the same - and bland with it!Special Features:
- Meat eaters!Asha10Dined on 20/5/2012We actually ate at the one in Bayswater, which had a family room downstairs. The food was good, the service excellent! However i do think to get the ambience of the place you need to sit upstairs as downstairs felt a bit neglected and the buffet downstairs felt a little low on choices. Overall the place was nice, food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for groupsfoodieDined on 17/5/2012standard of meat doesnt justify price. wine list is heavily overpriced. poor value for money but good fun for groupsSpecial Features:
- Carnivirous ExperienceHungryPandaVIPDined on 17/5/2012My first time at one of these restaurants...and the experience was very pleasant. Plenty of choices including a range of salad to compliment the rounds of meat that made your way to your table every so often. Ensure you arrive very hungry...and wear your stretch pants as you'll need to be able breath after the large amounts of various meats that are on offer. Ambience is good so would suit a large group, relaxed and very informal. Great value if you tend to eat quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my fourth outing tosleepygirl888Dined on 16/5/2012This is my fourth outing to a Rodizio Rico and it's as expected. There is still a certain novelty to it and there is a reasonable variety of meats. However, the quality of the food is average, there are only a couple of cuts of meat that are really tasty, and it's fairly expensive for what it is. I did find the staff friendly and helpful.