Rodizio Rico - The O2
Unit 15, The O2
Peninsula Square, Greenwich
London, SE10 0DXNeighbourhood:
BrazilianPrice: £25 and under
Rodizio Rico - The O2
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rodiziorico.com/content/loc_o2.php
- Phone: 020 8858 6333
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday: 12:30 - 24:00
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The venue have live music every Friday and Saturday from 8pm.
A word from Rodizio Rico - The O2
Perfect for pre-show meals, Rodizio Rico restaurant at London’s O2 Arena in Greenwich is a bright and buzzy Brazilian ‘churrascaria’ restaurant famous for its Brazilian steakhouse menu. With modern wood-panelled walls, tiled floors and a humming brasserie-style ambience, Rodizio Rico is a hit with meat-loving locals for non-vegetarian corporate entertaining and cocktails, large parties and family nights out. The menu of Brazilian cuisine offers an all-you-can-eat selection of steaks and seafood alongside a buffet-style salad bar. Favourite dishes include the garlic sausages, rump steak, spare ribs and the grilled chicken and pork served at the table on giant sticky skewers. The wine list veers toward big, butch flavours from Chile and Argentina, with some intriguing labels from South Africa, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. At Rodizio Rico, no craving is too large. Not for the faint-hearted, Rodizio Rico requires a hearty appetite and a drumstick-loving disposition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rodizio Rico - The O2 reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since 24 November 2013
group bookings (7)special occasions (6)sunday lunch (5)fit for foodies (3)outstanding value (3)child friendly (2)pre/post theatre (2)romance (1)Show More
- A Decent Night OutlottofriendsDined on 6/11/2014Despite the poor reviews over service, a group of 7 us visited the restaurant. The staff were very attentive and the service was excellent. I would add that we dined at 6pm and the restaurant was relatively empty all night. The restaurant is very substantial so I would guess the service issues arise at peak time. On the whole the meat selection was piping hot and tasty and the salad bar was good, however the 'hot' buffet was lukewarm in some of the selections. The meal came to around £42 a head, which I would say was rather expensive. The website states the food is £25 per head but this does not include deserts which are expensive. Of course no drinks are included. Overall we enjoyed our evening but won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- More like a cafeWandererDined on 5/10/2014Like all restaurants in the O2, it's more of a fast-food joint - there are certainly no airs and graces. Sit down, get food, get out. Tables too close together, people wandering around to gorge at the buffet. Not relaxing at all.
- Pleasantly surprised!HRWrightDined on 1/10/2014I'll admit I only booked Rodizio Rico because I could - very few restaurants at The O2 take bookings and I didn't want to have to queue. I have to say we were all very pleasantly surprised! The offer is simple - £25 gets you unlimited barbecued meat (about eight different varieties I think) served to you at regular intervals by waiters who cut it from huge skewers presented to you at the table, and a hot-and-cold buffet which includes salads, pasta, bean dishes and onion rings and chicken wings. It was all delicious, and brilliant value, and we ate ourselves silly. Wine was comparatively expensive. Service friendly if a little nervy. Room overly bright but clean and comfortable. Would recommend, and return!Special Features:
- Poor ExperincejessyDined on 21/9/2014Overall the experince was poor... waiting time to be served was very long... had to wait about 20 minutes to even get the bill. NO regard paid to special request during time of booking..Special Features:
- Not the Rodizio Rico I once knewGrublerDined on 4/9/2014I've been to the Rodizio Rico in Angel, West London and Birmingham so I am not sure if this is an isolated issue with the O2 branch or not... But the quality of the place has fallen significantly. In a Brazilian Grill we should be showered with meats and this was not the case at the O2. It took ages for each skewer to come to us. The salad bar is also quite mediocre. This is completely different from the service I got in the Rodizio Rico in Birmingham, for instance (which I would recommend).
- Fantastic!SteveDined on 25/8/2014We really enjoyed our meal at the Rodizio Rico - O2 Excellent food, great service, lovely venue, and to serve the meat up from skewers at the table is just perfect. Well done and thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable EveningAudreyGigDined on 20/7/2014We have visited this restaurant on several occasions and will always go back. It is a little noisy but that said the atmosphere is very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and tasty foodLynsDined on 15/7/2014Our table was booked and we were seated straight away, it did get busy quickly and people had to wait to be seated so I recommend booking. The service was great, each member if waiting staff was helpful and attentive. They explained the concept of green disc means carry on bringing meat over, red disc means no more meat for now. You get tongs an a small side plate and you pull the meat when they've sliced it. There are loads of different salads and sauces and other items at the buffet too. The meats were really beautifully cooked and so tasty but be prepared to come out feeling stuffed!! The only drawback was the cost, it was a bit more than me and my husband are used to, but as it was his 30th birthday we didn't mind paying a but more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat was abysmalMa5t3rm1ndDined on 1/7/2014Buffet style place with meat randomly being served at the table. Quality of the meat was absolutely terrible. Tough meat low quality for 25 pounds a person. Will I go again? Nah
- Amazing food!!JadexoDined on 15/6/2014Really good quality service and food! Amazing atmosphere would definatley come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty genuine Brazilian experienceJonesyDined on 16/4/2014As a regular traveller to Brazil I was keen to replicate the Brazil dining experience here in the UK with a group of friends from the office. Chose RR after seeing very mixed reviews for the Brazilian restaurants in Central London. Overall fixed price experience was very enjoyable, good friendly service, Brazilian beer flowing and a great salad bar with much more than salad in offer. The meat was good - lots of variety - though not enough beef choices and the cheaper meats were brought round way more often than the beef.Special Features:
- Good meat selection for early birdmeaatyDined on 9/3/2014The best one of the chain for meat selection, although the service was a little let down as the welcoming girl was not very helpful on finding us a table and supporting our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go thereDanielDined on 4/12/2013Rip off prices for very poor quality food served badly by people who can't speak English.
- RubbishmrbicepsDined on 3/12/2013Poor quality food in my opinion. Food was all low quality / samey. Service was okay, notting special. Not an amazing ambience. The meat brought round was generally just standard, no seasoning, rump steak didn't seem that high quality. The buffet stuff reminded me of low quality / hospital grade slop. Wouldn't go again. For the price at which they charged for everything I could of had an awesome steak and drinks in Gaucho's.
- The following 305 reviews are from the Rodizio Rico - The O2 reviews archive.
- Went for a bite to eat toAOH1Dined on 19/11/2013Went for a bite to eat to Rodizio Rico before Depeche Mode at the O2. Hadn't eaten there before but the concept is great - running self service buffet of hot and cold accompaniments and waiters bearing skewers of yumminess circulating liberally! Note to self, don't overdo the salads or select all the meats you are offered! Too much choice! You have to pace yourself to get the full benefit. The food is all good and they have an old school sweet trolley. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for Monday dinnerGauchoDined on 18/11/2013I've been there before and the food was ok, it was a Thursday. This time I went on a Monday and it was not so good, maybe because they serve the rest of the weekend.
- Good chocie for fast feastingPaulCDined on 4/11/2013Booked here before watching the O2 masters and enjoyed a all-you-can-eat meat-feast. Service was fast and efficient, and the food plentiful. Recommended for a pre-concert mealSpecial Features:
- Don't have a big lunch!Sav7Dined on 21/10/2013They didn't have a record of our Top Table booking but there were plenty of tables, even on a concert night. My partner went for Meat & I opted for Vegetarian, as I wasn't starving. They said that waiters would be coming round with roasted veg as well as the ton of meat that is brought to the table, but we didn't see any of that at all, which was a pity. I did manage to fill up nicely from the salad bar in the middle of the restaurant, that had all sorts of cold options as well as a couple of hot which were all tasty N.B. The potato croquets are not as they seem - they actually contain banana! I couldn't believe how much meat my other half scoffed as well as going back for "seconds" of salad - so it's certainly VFM! Staff are all very goodSpecial Features:
- Bad service Bad food MightAbcdVIPDined on 16/10/2013Bad service Bad food Might suit teenagers but not fit for a foodie
- good meat but thats it!julabelDined on 10/10/2013Meat was great!! salad bar was awfull!! (like a cheap holiday hotel!) ambiance was awfull!! (too much bright light and noisy) like a canteen..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodFazzerDined on 3/10/2013Once again a wonderful meal before seeing the evening show. Wonderful food which is all fresh and looks so tempting that we ate far too much as usual!! Friendly staff and excellent service too.Special Features:
- No longer so RicoBritmexVIPDined on 25/9/2013While the concept is a good one, from our last visit both food and service seemed to have deteriorated , maybe downstairs is very different from upstairs.
- If you like loads of meat....TinatheDivaDined on 15/9/2013Great selection of meat - which is frequently served . The salad and veg 'self service' area is good. The only drawback is that the staff weren't very helpful. Don't bother with dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all ate far too much...!ChairmanJROVIPDined on 10/9/2013The buffet at Rodizio Rico at the O2 is a great value option if you have a big group with big appetites. The waiters were very good at appearing with new skewers of meat to carve for us at the table, and the buffet was plentiful for the vegetarian in our group. It was a great evening... I just wished the following morning that I hadn't eaten quite so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliantJoolesDined on 3/9/2013Service was great, food was tasty, hot and just kept coming!Special Features:
- Birthday TreatGWRFDined on 25/8/2013We went in a party of 10 at the request of 14 year old son to celebrate his birthday - perfect for this type of occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and plenty of itMarkVIPDined on 16/7/2013Makes for an unusual and filling meal given everything keeps coming. If you're going for dinner you can safely skip lunch before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rodizio RicoGeoffersVIPDined on 13/6/2013Reasonable value and a covenient venue whn goin to he O2. have to say that the quaity of the meat was pretty good. The service was pretty mediocre though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rodizio RicoBeccaDined on 3/4/2013If you want to go somewhere for dinner in the O2 prior to a concert, then this is very convenient. However, we were a bit disappointed by the quality of the meat and salads.Special Features:
- Meat Lovers ParadiseDAL2675VIPDined on 28/3/2013We ate at Rodizio Rico for the first time with some friends before going to the cinema at The O2 - good selection of food on the buffet, and different kinds of meat being bought around by the waiters until you have had your fill. Good idea, and great for meat lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat on a spit...RobMDined on 10/3/2013How can you not love an "all you can eat, buffet, with meat on spits?!" Service is OK, ambience isn't great and it does seem a little pricey but can't argue with the volume, variety and taste of meat on offer. Big fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovefoodDined on 14/2/2013The food always tastes great and there is great variety. Very fresh and the waiters waitresses are always on hand for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rodizio Rico - The O2MRSTJGDined on 3/2/2013Quite a unique experience having the meat on large skewers brought round and carved at the tables. Huge selection at the salad/buffet bar and all very good. Most of the meat was delicious - marinated and tender but there were a couple of exceptions which were either too salty or a bit tough. Generally much better quality meat than the one in Upper Street, Islington which we went to 18 months ago. Would definitely like to return sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxed feel to thistmontyDined on 20/1/2013Very relaxed feel to this place - like a comfortable dining room. Second time I've been and not disappointed but only found out on my way out that they had garlic bread! Will ask next time. Service was good (not too over-powering) and friendly. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the last minute neededGastronoughtVIPDined on 17/1/2013At the last minute needed to organise somewhere to eat before an event at the O2 last week. There wasn't much choice available so decided to go for the churrascaria at Rodizio Rico on the basis that you could largely control what you eat. The service was very slow and the frequency of the visiting skewers very random - either huge gaps in between visits or three at a time - but at least it was quick. The quality of the food was just about OK, not as good as on a previous visit a few years ago and certainly not a patch on a proper Brazilian churrascaria. Caipirinhas were disappointing too. Would not rush back.
- Be careful what you pick!SammyKDined on 12/12/2012Rodizio Rico is a great concept - All you can eat for £25 including amazing BBQ meats on skewers ... my only issue is that sometimes the meat was a bit tough and dry ... and if you're the first to be served, the outer parts are a bit too salty (for some of the beef). Apart from that, the range of meats was lovely (pork, chicken, beef, lamb) and there's a good little appetiser bar to go beforehand so we never have to wait for food or go hungry! Definitely a place to try!Special Features:
- The food is averge quality,Spaceraiders80Dined on 11/12/2012The food is averge quality, some of it being quite tasty, and some of it being pretty awful. There was a lot of variety, and by the time I tried some of everything there was little room left! Was very busy, so lively atmosphere, and incredibly quick food service when we first sat down. That said, we we only once offered a drink the whole night, when we needed one there was never a waiter in the vicinity. Given the quality of the food, it's overpriced, but glad we went there for the experience.
- Contrary to other reviewsGP8allDined on 29/11/2012Contrary to other reviews on this site, we had a superb time before the Rolling Stones gig. Service was superb and very efficient. I enjoyed all the meats, none were tough. I particularly developed a taste for chicken hearts!!.Special Features:
- Service wasn't great fromGirlsnightsoutDined on 22/11/2012Service wasn't great from the start, staff on the door slightly rude. During the meal all the staff wanted to do was serve meat, not take drinks orders. Dessert arrived on a trolley with dishes covered in clingflim - most bizarre. It was fine for a pre concert dinner since you can't book many places at the O2 but i wouldn't hurry back and wouldn't go out of my way to go there.
- I give them their dues itLisareneeDined on 14/11/2012I give them their dues it was a busy time before the concert but the service was non-existent, the staff were nice but just not enough of them, the buffet was not topped up enough and the meat very very dry, I didn't eat even half of my plate. I have been to a few of these types around the world and always had an amazing time, staying for cocktails after but to be honest we just wanted to leave as soon as we could.