Samratt Indian Restaurant
18 Lacy Road
London, SW15 1NLNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Samratt Indian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samratt.net/
- Phone: 02087854487
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thu: 6:00pm to 11:30pm Fri - Sat: 6:00pm to 12:00am Sun: 6:00pm to 11:30pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Delivery, Takeout
A word from Samratt Indian Restaurant
With its fresh, high-quality curries, a spotless, modern interior and a well-heeled Putney crowd, Samratt Indian Cuisine is a flawless Indian restaurant in south London that is perfect for a fun night out. Located on the Lacy Road in SW15, Samratt Indian Cuisine is a short walk from the East Putney tube station and offers a local London experience in a neighbourhood setting for visitors from out of town. Samratt Indian Cuisine has a charming smart white and gold shop front, and the crisp colour scheme continues inside with the restaurant’s pristine, minimalist white dining room. Family-friendly and relaxed, this is a great place for dinner with friends, family or colleagues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Samratt Indian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since 25 October 2013
group bookings (3)special occasions (3)business meals (2)fit for foodies (2)outstanding value (2)pre/post theatre (2)romance (1)child friendly (1)good vegetarian options (1)brunch (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Don't go late - if at allOutwithfriendsVIPDined on 6/9/2014We had been to the tall ships fireworks and needed a late booking. This was the only place still open. Even though they took our booking we were clearly unwelcome. They hurried us along by taking plates that weren't finished with, pouring the wine into big glasses so they could take the bottle away, standing about looking irritated and turning the lights off. £64 for a 30 minute experience and the food and wine were pretty dismal. We should have gone straight home and had toast. We always wondered what it was like. Now we know.
- great foodseanhegsDined on 23/8/2014We were there with the fifty percent off deal. The food is great, not too oily like other places, and it was excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!texanintheukDined on 16/6/2014Samratt used to be my Indian local when I lived in Putney. We live in Wimbledon for many year now and still make the trek to Samratt for the constant great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service,anonDined on 7/5/2014The food was great, the service friendly and attentive. It was a quiet Wednesday night, so there weren't many in the restaurant, but that was fine for a quick mid-week bite to eat, it meant we had the waiter's attention, and a quiet table! No complaints with 2x very full bellies for under £30!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Samratt Indian Restaurant reviews archive.
- LovelyToptablereviewDined on 31/8/2013With the deal this is a bargain, not sure I would be happy with full price though.
- Lovely curry with friendsFoodieblueDined on 6/8/2013Four of us dined here mid-week. The food was very good and we enjoyed the large bottles of beer. Service was great.
- SamrattFoodieVIPDined on 25/7/2013Good food & service. A nice find & I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian foodStuffedDined on 23/7/2013Samratt offers any lover of Indian cuisine excellent food. The ambience is a little lacking and there are no high chairs at all. The service was quick and friendly. I'd defiantly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodnottinghillDined on 1/7/2013Restaurant was quite empty which detracted slightly from ambiance as we felt that the people three tables away could overhear our conversation, but it was early on a tuesday evening so no big surprise. Food was excellent though at a good priceSpecial Features:
- Shocking Service With Average FoodM123Dined on 28/6/2013The manager/owner's manner and attitude was shocking. Reluctant to seat us, he took the order of popadums, drinks, starters and mains as though it pained him to do so, followed by a look of absolute distain and a snatching of the menus when we said no to naan breads! The food: the starters forgettable; the lamb main was low quality meat, probably mutton; both 'lamb' and chicken main lacking in quantity, quality and flavour. When asked if all was ok by a waiter, he passed the issues to the manager who asked what the problem was. No apology, I didnt want to speak to him so ushered him away abruptly. As hid in the kitchen, one waiter discreetly said he was leaving next week (tips not given to staff) and another tried high fiving me as I left!
- OutstandingDanandNatDined on 21/6/2013Wonderful restaurant we did not know was there. Bright, modern and vibrant. A little diamond of a restaurant with great staff, really brought a bit of spice to a fantastic evening. Will be going back and highly recommend.Special Features:
- SamrrattFoodieVIPDined on 19/6/2013Samratt was excellent value with the TT deal. I had tandoori king prawns as a main, which at full price was £14.95. However the dish consisted of 2 prawns chopped into small pieces!! Very small & not impressive. The rest of the meal & chicken tandoori was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely dissatisfiedlondonlady22Dined on 11/5/2013This is the worst level of customer service I have ever indured following a booking through top table. Staff were very rude.
- Bad service & bad attitude!MrPoppadomDined on 10/5/2013Used to be good & eat here often but gone down hill badly.
- Great valueWandsworhGalDined on 4/5/2013Delicious food and fantastic value food with the deal. Recommended!Special Features:
- I choose this restaurant forLadyKDined on 3/5/2013I choose this restaurant for a group of 7 of us for a celebratory meal for hubby's bday. Service was good and food was really good. Without the TT deal of 50% off, it would have been too expensive - £10 for a starter for what it was, was too much but £5 was a good price. I would absolutely go here, when on a TT offer. However, the food is very good regardless of the price. Everyone was very full and that was a party of 2 women and 5 men. The men loved the large bottles of King Fisher beer. Staff let me decorate the table with confetti and took care of the bday cake I brought in. Restaurant was busy on a Friday night. If you went here for a meal, you would not be disappointed and we will be going back.
- Good IndianBailey2Dined on 17/3/2013I've eaten here before as the 50% discount off the food bill is fantastic value. Good food, nice decor and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamrattIBTTDined on 14/3/2013Very tasty indian food that is great value with the toptable offer. Very quiet on our last two visits which means it lack any atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine placelocalresidentDined on 26/2/2013Good food, well served at a good price when using offer. Interesting menu, a bit different and better than average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/20134pieces of chicken on each of our main meals just because it was 50% off they gave us half portions.
- Food better this visit. MadrasRepeatCustomerDined on 30/1/2013Food better this visit. Madras was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern, simple and stylishBailey2Dined on 26/1/2013Modern, simple and stylish decor. Extensive menu with the usual favourites and some interesting specials. I had the lamb shank which was delicately spiced and beautifully tender. It was nice to fish dishes in the seafood section apart from prawns.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the restaurant wasMoiraVIPDined on 4/1/2013Although the restaurant was a little quiet, we enjoyed very good food at outstanding value (50% off). I will definately return.Special Features:
- Very good value with 50%offMorrlucDined on 15/12/2012The food was so so nice and staff very friendly was reasonable with 50% off but don't think I would go and pay full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencesallyDined on 7/12/2012We went there last friday and the restaurant is nice and warm.food was good and the service was excellent.Will go againSpecial Features:
- Good value at half price!MGulsevenDined on 1/12/2012We went to Samratt on a busy Saturday night in Putney. Given that all other restaurants were heaving we were a bit surprised to find this one almost empty- I suppose it is set off the main road a bit. Service was efficient but not particularly friendly; the food was 'takeaway' quality but fine for the 50% off deal (and actually the naan breads were amazing really light and fluffy and tasty). No complaints for the price!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent indianTorchDined on 1/12/2012We've dined twice at the Samrat, 1st time myself and my wife, 2nd time we took our 12 year old daughter, Everything was fine, food, service, wine, all very good. We dined with 50% off total food bill, wery good value! Only one gripe, the owner insisted all three of us must have a starter for us to have 50% off food bill, don't remember seeing that stated anywhere!! Didn't matter, we enjoyed the starters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food, friendly servicenottinghillDined on 27/11/2012Very nice food which with the 50% off deal was very affordable. Friendly service. Only problem was the ambiance, very empty on a weekday night, which was nice and quiet until a loud group of lads came in and made a lot of noise - if there had been more people it would not have been so intrusiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is great forPuddingDined on 18/11/2012This restaurant is great for post Fulham Football matches as the 50% off is brill ! We have been eating Indian food for about 40 years and coming from Birmingham I know a good curry and this was one! This restaurant is great for post Fulham Football matches as the 50% off is brill ! Perhaps you should advertise in the Football programme. Please note that Fulham Footballs fans are not your usual football hooligans (they are very faimily orientated and well behaved) - so no need to think there will be any problems with them !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & healthyCelineLondonDined on 14/11/2012Discovered this restaurant thanks to a "50% Off food bill" offer. We were really impressed by the quality of food & the original dishes on the menu. We went back following week to taste other specialties & were very pleased again. Food is not oily like it can sometimes be. We loved the choice of fish and seafood. We'll definately keep the address & return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, super fast service.londonlady22Dined on 10/11/2012Good value, super fast service. Portions, huge. Would defo go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodluv2eatDined on 1/11/2012The staff,were so welcoming the food was great& great value for money would definitely recommend.& will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a reasonableWillDined on 27/10/2012Good food for a reasonable price, waiters were pleasant - I'll go back there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamrattZima567VIPDined on 27/10/2012My husband and I had a meal at Samratt on Sarurday evening. The food was delicious . I ordered salmon for a starter, but they didn't have it. I was recommended king prawn which was very nice. The main courses were very good and plentiful. Wine and beer list was resonable for a small restaurant. We had a very nice meal although could not finish most courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special offer!LobsterfishboyVIPDined on 24/10/2012At samratt the food has always been excellent. The fact that the restaurant always looks empty shouldn't put anyone off. In fact I've never understood why its not busier than it is? The 50% special offer is outstanding value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!GobboDined on 20/10/2012The food at Samratt was great, not the best Indian around but certainly worth a vist for the 50% off deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. 50%IBTTDined on 3/10/2012Great food and service. 50% off deal also meant Samratt was amazing value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicedineoutcatDined on 29/9/2012We ate here early on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was fairly quiet, but the food and service were brilliant. The waiter customised dishes to accommodate an allergy and were attentive throughout the meal. We used the 50% off a la carte offer which made the food excellent value. I would especially recommend the salmon to start!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Curry house in PutneyJJDiner4Dined on 15/9/2012We went on a Saturday evening with the TT oofer - 50% off all food. This was a good option as you can choose a la carte. The food is perfectly fine for what the restaurant is - a decent, honest local restaurant and the TT offer makes it good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamrattAlisonKDined on 15/9/2012The food was excellent and service acceptable, but disappointed that when we ordered they insisted that to get the Top Table offer of 50% off food, we MUST order two courses. There is no mention of this on the Top Table offer, nor on the confirmation sent by the restaurant. So I felt a bit cheated! Having said that food was excellent and I took away the two starters we didn't want to eat then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.