Sam's Brasserie & Bar
11 Barley Mow Passage
London, W4 4PHNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Sam's Brasserie & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.samsbrasserie.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 8987 0555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 9am until late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Mark Baines
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live soul and jazz music in the bar on Saturday and Sunday evenings throughout the year - please check our website for more details.
- Special Events: Happy Hour: Sunday to Thursday 5pm - 7pm (not available in December)
- Public Transit:
If travelling to Sam's by bus, please alight at Turnham Green Church.
The nearest tube stations are Chiswick Park (zone 3) and Turnham Green (zone 2) - both of which are on the District Line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Heathfield Terrace is a short walk away & has a combination of meters & pay & display machines which are free after 7pm. A little further down Heathfield Terrace you will find the Town Hall which also has metered parking. On Chiswick High Road, opposite Marks and Spencer, & about a 3-4 minute walk away from the restaurant, there is a small open air, pay & display car park.In the evenings, you can normally park on single yellow lines after 6.30pm but double check parking restrictions.
A word from Sam's Brasserie & Bar
Award winning Sam's Brasserie & Bar is an all-day every day informal restaurant and bar serving Modern British cuisine. The menu has everything from light snacks and salads to three-course meals with serious roast on SundaysContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSunday Lunch
Sam's Brasserie & Bar - Best restaurants in Chiswick ›
Sam's Brasserie & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (58)business meals (48)fit for foodies (48)group bookings (46)brunch (44)sunday lunch (43)romance (37)child friendly (21)outstanding value (12)good vegetarian options (11)disabled access (9)pre/post theatre (6)afternoon tea (2)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Very good as usualValentinosDined on 19/11/2014Sam's has become my regular local water hole, and I'm never disappointed when I dine here. On this aoccacion I had friends from abroad and they were impressed as well. Well done again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very happy customerDisappointedLocalDined on 13/11/2014Everything about Sam's is right. The price, the atmosphere (could be romantic, could be group), I was here 1 on 1 with a girlfriend for an intimate chat and felt private. Service was decent, nothing special but not annoying or lacking. Although I will say I was fussy about the wine and I literally tried 4 wines before selecting which they were completely fine with. The food is really tasty, menu good and the desserts are equally delicious. I wish they had a simple set menu all evening, then I would come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsNutmegDined on 7/11/2014We met for a drink in the bar beforehand which had a lively atmosphere without being too loud. The food was good and well presented, and our waiter was knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Let down by really slow service. Waiter made up for it once aware. Came here 2 weeks after it originally opened. It's really developed well. Spoke the owner then and glad it's worked out well. Lovely food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usual this timeEagusmDined on 5/11/2014Maybe different chef midweek but food was good but not the excellent we've usually had. A bit more salty than usual and steak quite small and fatty. Usually amazing though so we will be back I hope but at weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceKCEaterDined on 1/11/2014This is one of the few places in London that I feel like the 12.5% service charge is warranted. I've been there twice now and both times the service was great,. i.e., The server was there within a few minutes of sitting down, took our drink order and delivered quickly, my wife was very indecisive but the server helped out and make an excellent recommendation, dinner was served in about 10 minutes after ordering, and finally the mgmt made regular visits just to ensure quality of service and food. . The Ribeye is tender and well cooked. I ordered it Medium and couldn't have asked for a better cooked Medium steak. Cocktails were great, i.e., not watered down, served on ice, and an appropriate quantity.Special Features:
- We love Sam'sJGenoDined on 24/10/2014We live in Chiswick and it is always a great meal when we go to Sam's Brasserie. The atmosphere is casual, yet cozy. The food is delicious and the prices are fair. We love it!Special Features:
- Just hit the spotIanMDined on 23/10/2014We were a group of 6 having a small celebration. Sam's was just right. Food was outstanding, particularly the Fresh Figs, Speck, Buffalo Mozzarella starter which 3 of us had. Service also friendly and excellent. We will go to Sam's more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justgoingoutDined on 21/10/2014I was surprised how busy it was for a Tuesday evening, not just in the restaurant but also in the bar area. The atmosphere when we walked in was very great. The service was very good. Our waiter really didn't mind having to come back to us on 3 occasions to ask if we were ready to order ! again the atmosphere gave us a real buzz that my friend and I couldn't stop chatting!! Food/ wine - everything was very good. Defo another visit will be planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chiswick favouriteLovetoeatout99Dined on 19/10/2014Great service, lovely staff, delicious food- a real chiswick favourite. Good ambience and lovely for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitjanieeatsDined on 18/10/2014Went on Saturday night with my husband and two other couples. Drinks were quite expensive at the bar and the food was not as good as I have previously had at Sam's Brasserie & Bar. Service also a little slow, had to ask for service a few times. May have just been an off night for them.Special Features:
- Business LunchFidelGastroVIPDined on 17/10/2014Took a client to Sam's for the 2nd time and yet again it didn't disappoint. Lunch was relaxed yet enjoyable so I have no doubt we'll be backSpecial Features:
- Impressed as usualEagusmDined on 11/10/2014Dependably great food with friendly efficient waiting staff. Quite busy so a little noisy but certainly no too much so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date night!JuddyDined on 11/10/2014We made a last minute date night booking and they were more than accommodating. From taking our coats to cocktails at the bar, service was friendly, food delicious. Great for date nights, dinner with friends and they even cater for families. You felt like you were in an inner city restaurant so a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighbourhood restaurantluv2eatDined on 4/10/2014good place to come with friends; tasty food; reasonably priced; good service.overall very good value for money in a comfortable environment. will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beccacacaDined on 3/10/2014A little noisy on a Friday evening, but our table was ready when we arrived, we were served quickly and the food was delicious.
- Just4youDined on 10/9/2014The food was great. I think dessert needs more choice. The bench type seats are not comfortable at all and too high. The noise level is difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprisedEagusmDined on 6/9/2014Surprisingly 'foodie' food in a relaxed setting. Really fresh crab and half price cocktails after a surprise bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphererobfoodVIPDined on 5/9/2014The menu in Sams Brasserie never particularly appeals and I usually prefer going for a drink/bar snack than for a meal. However on this occasion we tried the restaurant. I didn't particularly fancy anything on the menu but when it came the food was well-presented and very good. The service was friendly and efficient, particularly given how busy it was on the night we went, and the atmosphere buzzing. Good cocktails contributed to a fun evening. It isn't cheap but the food is good quality and it is a cool venue. .Special Features:
- service could be improvedCazzlesukDined on 2/9/2014Food was delicious but the service was a little weird. Our server didn't speak great English so we kept having to repeat our order, they did not advise us to order a side with the fish (definitely needed one) and charged £4 each for the lime & soda (apparently they used bottled sparkling water - bit strange) when we complained they reduced it to £2.50 per sparkling water. All in all I'd go back as it was delicious but I'd have wine instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food but good cocktails!Ks709Dined on 30/8/2014My second time here and I must say I was disappointed. The food lacked flavour and the menu is still very limited, poor choices for vegetarians. However, I'd recommend this place because of the relaxed atmosphere and good cocktails. Perhaps give the food a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F A B U L O U S !PigletDined on 29/8/2014Limited menu but all dishes looked delicious! Chose the Hot Chicken & although we were warned that it could take up to 20 minutes, I didn't feel that I'd had to wait very long. Portions are quite large so no room for dessert!Special Features:
- Good food. service needs improvingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014squid, risotto balls, roast pork, sea bream all v tasty and would return for this reason. Issue was service: our waitress' English wasn't very good so she didn't understand basic orders eg white wine spritzer and didn't understand when we asked for certain menu options. She wasn't very attentive either, forgot some things and then brought dessert far too early and it wasn't warm (as menu indicated). Admittedly, our issues were resolved quickly and another waitress apologised.Special Features:
- KCEaterDined on 9/8/2014Tucked away off the high street of Chiswick, Sam's is nice place. Very trendy, great drink menu, good wine list, and nice food. Food service was a little slow, but the server made up for it by regularly checking on us for drinks. (I was there for dinner)Special Features:
- had the 5.2 menuFoodyVIPDined on 7/8/2014it was great and if you include Happy hour then its a win win night
- Sunday lunch at SamsLancashireLassVIPDined on 3/8/2014We booked for a late lunch at Sam'. The food was good but the service was a bit sporadic, the acoustics make it a little difficult at times to make yourself heard and we think the waitress perhaps didn't hear us. The food was good and well-presented.Special Features:
- SimbaVIPDined on 29/7/2014Good range of dishes, service really couldn't be any better.
- Birthday treatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 26/7/2014My wife, her sister and I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening last Saturday, 26thJuly. The menu as ever is varied and had dishes to suit all tastes. The lamb and the ribs were superb. We always enjoy the atmosphere at Sam's, has a real buzz! Excellent evening and my wife really enjoyed her Birthday treat. Many thanks. PAR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food, a little bit noisyfoodloverDined on 22/7/2014I can't fault the waiting staff, attentive and very professional. Food is high end and well made. It's fairly informal and very little ambiance. I would say great for lunch or after work drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- symmyDined on 8/7/2014The whole experience was amazing, from the moment my friend and I walked in the door. We were allocated a table but wanted to sit somewhere else, the staff were more than happy to accommodate our needs. The food was amazing a little late, but the staff apologised and kept us updated. The food was worth the wait! Would Recommended the leg of lamb, absolutely divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar and restaurantSr1234Dined on 14/6/2014Fantastic cocktails at the bar with a huge selection and then enjoyed dinner after. Cab company yards away so easy to get home. Only feedback was that the waitress was over attentive which was actually quite grating - but she meant well so it's just a small thing. Will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 14/6/2014Went for brunch on Saturday around 11am, was quite quiet, but the food as always was very good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Another good meal at sam'sTrail56Dined on 9/6/2014Sam's has consistently good food and service, we have eaten there on a number of occasions and not been dissappointedSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphereFoodyVIPDined on 5/6/2014Food nice but a bit fried and fatty for me, not so many healthy options it's mostly ribs and fried chicken and burgers etc, was hoping for more healthy salads and grilled fish etc.
- Special low call dish - TYou :)TvmumDined on 18/5/2014Went for lunch expecting 5:2 Menu but it wasn't available. However chef cooked something special, below 400, so much appreciated. Will definitely visit again when in ChiswickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuffedDined on 17/5/2014Celebrated a relatives birthday in Saturday night and the restaurant gave us a great table, plenty of room and not squished in. Some really lovely touches such as a birthday treat with coffee and attentive service from friendly service staff made it a really memorable night. Not to mention fantastic food (excellent fish and one diner saying the chicken was the best ever!) and good value drinks, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this fantastic local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantSilverDined on 9/5/2014menu changes frequenly and this time I had chicken, coleslaw and spicy sweet potoato mash, best meal I have had at Sam's, the chicken was tender and spicy. Lovely service too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for usDaughterandmotherDined on 4/5/2014Busy & noisy, could not really hear what the person opposite to me was saying, food mediocre, there are plenty of better places in Chiswick
- Sam's BrasserieNkapDined on 4/5/2014Arrived early so had a drink at the bar which was quite busy, maybe because there was live music that night. The meal itself was good, much better than my previous experience but the restaurant was also very busy so we had to wait some time between our courses. Would recommend for the food.Special Features:
- Sam's great!ClarqDined on 4/5/2014I didn't come back to Sam's in a long time, so wanted to try it again after a long time. I had a great brunch there last Sunday, still a great address in Chiswick. NY atmosphere.Special Features: