45 Grafton Way
London, W1T 5DQNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sardo-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 02073872521
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have three different areas suitable for private functions, including our fire room and our conservatory. We can cater for parties of 15 to parties of 80 guests. With the exposed brick walls of the horse tunnel to the ancient olive tree on the patio the restaurant is bursting with character.
- Private Party Contact: Romolo Mudu 020-7722-2800
A word from Sardo
Word has spread like lightning about this Italian restaurant in London’s Fitzrovia just a few steps from Fitzroy Square. Sardo is one of the few restaurants in London that focuses on the cuisine of Sardinia, so you can expect consummately prepared authentic Sardinian specialties prepared by a Sardinian chef. It’s all served by smiling staff in a relaxed, welcoming setting, and at prices that will remind you of your childhood holidays -- well very nearly. Start with Sardo’s thin-sliced sun-dried fillet of tuna on a bed of fresh French beans and sun-dried tomatoes, followed by hard-wheat pasta in a tomato and aromatic sausage sauce. Main courses include grilled swordfish with rucola and tomato, and sweets feature the sebadas, a puff pastry filled with pecorino cheese and topped with honey. The international wine list is strong on characterful Sardinian wines, the perfect accompaniment to a fabulous meal at Sardo restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Sardo - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Sardo reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since 21 October 2013
business meals (85)fit for foodies (64)special occasions (45)romance (33)pre/post theatre (23)group bookings (21)good vegetarian options (17)outdoor eating (11)outstanding value (8)brunch (7)child friendly (6)sunday lunch (6)disabled access (3)Show More
- A true and tried favouriteJulietSDined on 4/10/2014We have been coming to Sardo for years but that did not stop me from commenting to my husband during the meal that we really should come more often. Everything was exquisite, from the carta di musica with prosecco upon sitting down to the burrata starter and amazing mains (we had rack of lamb and pasta with rabbit ragu) to the outstanding desserts (I can never resist the cioccolato fondente though the panna cotta was extremely good too). Service was also excellent: friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would go there againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014excellent service with good food. nice relaxing atmosphere. friendly service.
- Great wine and foodFoodStoatDined on 20/9/2014Sardo is a favourite restaurant for my family and I. Traditional Sardinian food - recommend the crab linguine, and they also have their own wine for around £22 per bottle which is very tasty. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for tasty and fresh Italian food, which is also a bit different to the normal with the Sardinian twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelKDined on 17/9/2014Quality honest food.Nice atmoshere and staff. Happy to recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardinian fooddineoutDined on 9/9/2014We were catching up with an old friend and wanted to eat good food in a restaurant where it would be possible to enjoy conversation as well. Sardo certainly fitted the bill. All three of us enjoyed our chosen meals- the mixed fish platter was outstanding as was the stuffed squid. The waitresses were attentive but not at all intrusive- striking absolutely the right balance.Special Features:
- Disappointing and overpricedluv2eatDined on 30/8/2014My third time here (the first two were years ago). I never liked it, but could never understand the positive reviews especially about the food. This time was no better. My spaghetti with bottarga were drenched in a tasteless, yellow oil that had no sign of the salty aromatic fish roe and was actually unpleasant. The malloredus with sausage ragu looked as if it had come out of a tin (I dind't dare taste it). My tagliata was nice and tender but so what - I make it at least as good myself. Hardly anything sardinian that you can't get somewhere else such as wonderful culurgiones, or seadas (sebadas) is to be found on the menu. It is expensive for what you get and the wines are not great. What do people enjoy here?
- not Italian foodGMCMBDined on 14/8/2014I was very disappointed by this restaurant, the food is very poor in terms of its authenticity, it is NOT italian, leave alone Sardinian. Being Italian I know what to expect, but even my Polish friend was disappointed. The staff is not Italian and we doubt the chef is either. Very disappointing!
- Large servings : good Italian foodalanatcroydonVIPDined on 13/8/2014Not far from Euston Station, this was a friendly place to have lunch. Though branded Sardinian, we thought the dishes typically Italian. I particularly like the beef carpaccio and my friend the tuna carpaccio. Our main courses were huge. My calves liver was cooked to perfection but I struggled to finish it all. We shared a tiramisu which seemed pretty standard fare. The red Monica di Sardo was smooth and full. Attentive service from two waitresses. A go-again place!
- Always high quality.SpudDined on 8/8/2014Been coming here for years. Always great quality, bit noisy and the tables very close together is the only slight downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitNormskiVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was a first visit and we will come here again. All our food choices were good, but the beef carpaccio definitely caused food envy during the starters and had to be shared. I echo an earlier comment about the wines as there isn't much under £30. Also, it would help to know something about Sardinian wines before you order - we were surprised to find that a white wine described as 'floral, green pear and citrus aromas, lively and fresh acidity, honeysuckle and melon linger on the ﬁnish' appeared to have been quite heavily oaked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing evening!inverforthDined on 1/8/2014Six of us were treated to a good meal and excellent service.
- Wonderful food, friendly ambience!jezzDined on 31/7/2014I have been to Sardo a number of times this summer and have been consistently impressed by the delicious Sardinian food, the chance to try some wonderful Sardinian wines, the friendly service and the relaxed, yet elegant, atmosphere. In summer the front double doors are open giving a breezy atmosphere and there are also a few tables outside on the street where you can feel the Fitzrovia buzz. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money?DoctorpaulDined on 26/7/2014Good first and second courses but mediocre desserts. Expensive if agreeable house wine. Pleasant and calm atmosphere with good service. Avoid expensive extras such as bread at £2 a head. Have had equally good Italian food and wine at more reasonable prices so would hesitate to go there again.Special Features:
- A real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/7/2014My Husband and I choose eat at Sardo due to it's convenient location near to Euston Station prior to catching a train. It is a real find - delicious, original, homemade food served in generously sized portions at good value for money. The staff are friendly and efficient too making a winning combination. I thoroughly recommend it and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- BarbarDined on 19/7/2014This restaurant continues to provide excellent interesting Sardinian food. Atmosphere is welcoming and service friendly and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something has changedLondonerDined on 12/7/2014I had visited Sardo at a number of occasions over the last seven years but then hadn't been for a while. This time around I was quite disappointed. It was the quality of the food that I think had changed. The dishes felt more plain and generic in taste. The staff was pleasant and helpful but the owner wasn't there and he usually gave a strong sense of identity to the place. Another indication that something must have changed was the fact that at 7pm on Saturday there were hardly anyone in the restaurant which made it feel very empty and a bit sad. In all honesty I didn't enjoy the restaurant that much and I don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- Business meeting lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Sardo was very good. Food good and service and ambience good too. Will definitely use again. Thanks.Special Features:
- As always, deliciousGraceVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have eaten at Sardo a number of times. Each time, it lives up to expectations. Highly recommended. My favourite is the crab meat spaghetti with chilli oil.Special Features:
- SnugglewumpusDined on 26/6/2014We have been going to this restaurant over the last 2 years. Consistently good food. Excellent service and the staff are all extremely friendly and courteous whilst maintaining a professional approach at all times. Always busy when we go so worth booking. We always take friends or family there when visiting us in London and can thoroughly recommend for Lunch or DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceMrBriffaDined on 25/6/2014This was occasion was for my fathers 69th birthday and it did not fail to impress. The booking was for 5 people on a Wednesday night, on arrival it became apparent this is a popular restaurant that had a very clean welcoming feeling about it. The staff are very attententive with out being over your shoulder and the food arrived in a timely manner. Over all it was a good experience with hearty portion sized courses. One down side and the only one really is the tiny bathroom facilities. If you like fresh well seasoned seafood with a relaxed atmosphere this has to be on your list of places to try! There are also many other great dishes that aren't seafood based so something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishVIPDined on 24/6/2014delightful venue with its simple and unpretentious surroundings, attentive staff and delicious food. Will try to return soonSpecial Features:
- Very good experienceGoodexperienceDined on 23/6/2014We went with a picky foodie and all of us loved it. The food was carefully prepared, beautifully presented, and very tasty. The foodie diner liked it so much, she started telling passers-by (we had an outside table) to come in and try the food. I am disabled and they very helpfully accommodated me and my scooter. It was all very nice. We intend to go back soon.Special Features:
- Friends catch up mealAnnaUDined on 20/6/2014Visited for a friend's birthday on a Wednesday night and it was very busy (booking definitely required) Good wine, tasty desserts and the atmosphere and decor is amazing; hard to be rivalled with.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/6/2014Would have preferred to have vegetarian dishes marked on the menu.
- Sardinian PleasureHamletDined on 16/6/2014Tuna Carpaccio, veal sweetbreads, good wine list. Always reliable. Slightly cramped together tables only drawbackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never failsHelenDined on 12/6/2014I always have a lovely time at Sardo, because of the combination of delicious food, attentive and charming service, and a convivial atmosphere. I would add that as a hearing aid user I find the acoustics of the restaurant better than manySpecial Features:
- Nice Ambiance, very noisyharryh999Dined on 11/6/2014Generous portions, actually verging on too big. I had the calves livers, the size was so large it almost put me off. Attentive service, tasty food, maybe a tad expensive, we shared a starter, had no drinks or dessert, just coffee, came to £60. Not a venue for a quiet meal but it was a busy lunchtime on a sunny day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but overpricedbobbVIPDined on 10/6/2014The food is fine - well cooked, nice ingrediants, well presented. however, it's a noisy place, the service was slow and the prices a bit too high. We only had one course and one glass of wine each and it came to over £60. Part of that (well £4) was because they charged or the bread basket and olives which they had put on the table, and they failed to annonce the charge. The bread was nice and the olives good, but i would prefer to choose to have them or not if they are chargeable.
- ARandfriendsDined on 7/6/2014A very nice restaurant with a light, summery, Sardinian ambiance. Excellent food and very good service.,Special Features:
- Exceptional, classical SardinianmarovdanDined on 2/6/2014Classical. Unfussy. Traditional. Real. Absolute delicious. A rare find in London. GO!Special Features:
- ReuniondelishVIPDined on 30/5/2014Lunch at Sardo was most enjoyable. The food is excellent with attentive service, in a simple yet attractive venue. I look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a piece of tuna!SheilricDined on 22/5/2014It was enormous and delicious! Lightly cooked. Beautifully served.Special Features:
- Sardo again!ziggy1Dined on 16/5/2014This is a favourite restaurant of mine for special occasions. The food (fish- John Dory- for me) and Sardinian wine are always delicious and the ambience is friendly. On this occasion we were 6 people and service was good. The only thing that slightly marred the evening was the clearly very stressed demeanour of one of the waitresses and the quality of the tiramisu which was a bit bland and lacking in both texture and flavour. I gather their Primrose Hill branch has closed down due to an increasingly poor standard in the quality of the dishes there - a shame since the setting by the canal was particularly lovely and the whole restaurant larger and more spacious. But this one in Grafton Way has not lowered its standards - long may it remain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but salty and slow serviceLoveRawFoodDined on 15/5/2014Food is not bad here. Everything is cooked just right. But, it was quite salty on all dishes. Particularly, pasta dishes. Most of regulars were ordering non-pasta dishes, so they might know what to avoid. In a area where so many good restaurants are concentrated, I am not sure if I would return. Especially so, it is not necessary cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to Sardinia!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Great Sardinian food, really well done. Great service. Very accommodating with vegetarian friends (overall menu is not very vegetarian friendly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bit crowded and noisyOccasionaldinerDined on 8/5/2014I'd been before and so knew what to expect. I love the bread and olives, and the food is excellent. The decor clen and fresh. It's a small restaurant so gets quite noisy when all tables busy.Special Features:
- Misleading restaurantSardvsDined on 28/4/2014The menu is not typical from Sardinia , only a couple of dishes were from the island, dessert menu very disappointing as there were no sardinian specialtySpecial Features:
- Generous PortionsGourmandDined on 26/4/2014When the starter appeared, it was enough for a main course - we then struggled to eat the main course which would have fed 4 people rather than just the 2 of us! The service was excellent and the food was very good - we were so full, we could not manage a dessert - just coffee, which was also very good.Special Features:
- We were a group of 8 and allSC05042014Dined on 12/4/2014We were a group of 8 and all of us loved the food - that tells you how good it was as it's rare to have everyone like it. The non-pasta options are different from what you find in typical Italian places and were excellent! I tried the lamb and was def among the best i ever had! Service was good too - they even held our table for an extra 30mins as we got stuck while watching a football game. They even gave us a free round of shots at the end to cap off an amazing dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Booking wa s quite straightforward and sudden additional person was accepted without any stress. Foods were fresh and well dished up. All 8 of our party fully satisfied. Quite impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.