15-18 Great Newport Street
London, WC2H 7JENeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sartori-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 020 7836 6308
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Sartori
A traditional Italian restaurant in the very centre of London, Sartori Restaurant is situated on Great Newport Street, just a minute’s walk from Leicester Square. With a lively, chilled out vibe and modern, cosy décor in earthy tones, this is the perfect post work stop off, allowing Londoners to let their hair down with a cocktail or two alongside excellent, high quality Italian food. Taking in the best of the country’s culinary favourites, Sartori prides itself on offering traditional dishes, a true expression of the vast and varied food landscape of Italy. Of particular note are Sartori’s utterly authentic pizzas, cooked in the restaurant’s custom built Strazzullo Michele wood-fired forno, described by blogger Young & Foodish as "the Stradivarius of pizza ovens".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sartori reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (107)group bookings (66)fit for foodies (43)outstanding value (39)good vegetarian options (35)special occasions (35)business meals (24)child friendly (22)sunday lunch (19)romance (16)brunch (8)outdoor eating (5)disabled access (4)Show More
- Food was delicious, but pricey but worth it 100%Fay1Dined on 21/11/2014Amazing food, would definitely go there again. Service was great too and the food was served quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, noisy full - but not in a good way!diningduoDined on 14/11/2014I have been to Sartori on several occasions and have found it ok. This time, however was a different experience. It is always noisy, the staff are friendly and the food has been ok. Not this time - dishes where cold, over or under cooked and unappealing. A restaurant should first and foremost about the food. Unfortunately they failed this time. We won't go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RachelDined on 8/11/2014The best Italian in London! Always great food, great atmosphere and the service is warm and friendly. Grazie milleSpecial Features:
- Good meal..PSG1Dined on 30/10/2014We come here often and the food and service is always great. Gets really busy so recommend booking.Special Features:
- Will not returnGaryVIPDined on 24/10/2014Took a friend, after I told them how good this place was. No more....food was really quite poor. I shall never return, too many good places in London at the same sort of price.
- Perfect for pre-theatre!DanielleDined on 24/10/2014Hi, I came with some friends before attending the theatre. Great location and amazing food! The best pizza I have ever had! Including visits to Sicily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SartoriSuieDined on 23/10/2014Have been to Sartori's many time and it never fails to please - wonderful food and ambience and such great value!Special Features:
- FoodyFoodyDined on 13/10/2014Have not tried Italian dining in London before as noone seems to recommend anywhere so was a bit apprehensive as i love Italian food but reviews made me bite the bullet,was not disappointed.Good surroundings with busy atmosphere,i was a little disappointed to be sat downstairs as thought the liveliness wouldn't be the same but did'nt need to worry as just as busy as upstairs.Only downside,we were sat next to Pizza oven so a little bit hot but staff and food made up for this.You know when you have a good authentic Restaurant when its full of its own countrymen and women.Well priced food and drink although a bit cheesed off that a 12.5% service charge is added which i know is the norm,although good,I've had better at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best pizza in london!GiujapDined on 12/10/2014I've been there twice and both time the pizza was amazing and at a proper cost!real neapolitan pizza!and the super central location adds incredible value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Fully Italian and looooooooovely - if you like Italy and Italians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza in the West EndEntaDined on 9/10/2014I'm often wary of restaurants offering pre-theatre menus and located very centrally, but Sartori is no tourist trap despite the location between Leicester Square/Charing Cross Road and Covent Garden. There is an a la carte menu and a lunch and pre/post theatre menu offering pasta and pizzas, including "Panuozzi" - a folded and filled pizza dough dish from Naples. The restaurant boasts a wood fired oven and has an authentic Italian feel, a great welcome and very good pizza.Special Features:
- UnusualDandireds90Dined on 7/10/2014We used to like the pizza; but This time it wasn't like the same before!! They might be change pizza dough or chef!!Special Features:
- Very good pizzachturDined on 4/10/2014Very authentic italian pizza at affordable prices next to Leicester Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular visitorSMX70Dined on 1/10/2014I have visited Sartori on several occasions now and find it good value when using my Tastecard. The food is great and the menu is varied. The wine is good. The ambience is best when seated upstairs - this time I was seated downstairs which I found a little to dark and noisy. The service was also not as good as usual. Having said that I would still recommend this as a great pre-theatre or Saturday lunchtime option.Special Features:
- Splendid experienceChrisnsusanDined on 26/9/2014We had a wonderful pre theatre meal at this conveniently located restaurant. The service was excellent and the food most tasty. I have eaten here before and the standard is very good. Good wine choices and all in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with gread pricesBryonyVIPDined on 24/9/2014Always go to Sartori when in London for pre theatre dinner. The £10.95 menu for 2 course is exceptional and varied. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceALydonDined on 19/9/2014Despite turning up half an hour late (but having made a reservation!) I was pleasantly surprised to see our table had been held and the staff were warm and welcoming. Our starters, the antipasti for me, and calamari for my other half, were sublime, as were the Milanese veal and steak mains. The only downside, there was no room for dessert! The portions were generous, the wine was delicious, and the shot of limoncello really topped the whole thing off. I'd heard good things about Sartori. But they were wrong. Good doesn't even begin to cover it. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- had a beautiful mealKristyDined on 13/9/2014I had a group booking and not everyone turned up. I apologized to the waiter and advised they wouldn't be coming. The staff were very good about this and said not a problem. The food was just delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I too would go back if I lived in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowd-pleasing Italian food, good for the areaboxtwentyVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our visit wasn't faultless - I requested a table upstairs when booking and we were placed in the underground dining area, where tables are so packed together that waiters can't get through and your conversations have to be shouted across the table. Definitely recommend diners insist on the upstairs when possible. The food itself as always (I've been many times before) was tasty, fresh and generous for the great price, and we all enjoyed our meals and the wine that went with them. One slight moan - my order was misheard, the incorrect meal was brought to me, and our waiter argued back at me and charged me for the dish I never ordered in the first place. Bit irritating. But because it's good value and usually the service is ace, I'll go back. It's rare to find a decent well-priced restaurant in the Leicester Square area and Sartori is a good discovery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre tripBuckladDined on 3/9/2014Picked based on previous reviews and was not disappointed, quick service, great for pre-theatre mealSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightFastfoodDined on 30/8/2014Very busy, food reasonable, service good although we did have to ask for certain items of cutlery, not a place for a romantic but ideal for pre and post theatre food.Special Features:
- Saturday at SartoriIanBDined on 30/8/2014While food menu is not extensive, this is more than surpassed by both the quality and outstanding value of the food on offer. Service was prompt and the restaurant definitely lives up to it's high ratings which made us choose it in the first place. Will definitely use again and likely to be our venue of choice whenever we go to Covent Garden/theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemLouBLouDined on 26/8/2014Having booked tickets for theatre we then searched for nearby restaurant. Staff were friendly, helpful and food arrived promptly. There was a wide selection to choose from, including a pre theatre menu but we went for the a la carte. Delicious spaghetti vongole served with a dish for the clam shells and hand wipes and a veal dish with lovely Italian crispy potatoes. Fortunately we had decided against a starter and just managed to squeeze in desserts. Again staff were on hand to advise us - they could obviously see that we take our desserts very seriously! We will definitely being going back next time we go to the theatre or just happen to be passing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre dinnerMattDined on 22/8/2014Having booked the restaurant through open table the staff were well aware of our booking. We had great service from every member of staff. Set menu's had enough to choose from and food arrived promptly without being rushed. Tasty and good value - great for a meal in the West End at any time. Good value for money as well! Will definitely be recommending to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WellfedDined on 21/8/2014Great service , enthusiasm and good cheer, in a venue ideal for the West. End , and good Italian food to boot, with plenty of variety and innovation.Special Features:
- Great food in the heart of London.Tezbrown89Dined on 19/8/2014You know when Italians are trying to get into this restaurant that you have chosen a good one. The place was busy, so although would have liked noise levels a bit lower the ambience was good. The choice of food was pretty good, from 1 metre pizzas to swordfish and steak. The service was efficient and friendly. Once our food arrived we were not disappointed, it was fresh and very tasty. Overall this restaurant was excellent, the food was delicious sand great value, I would recommend, and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningDined on 14/8/2014Perfect location for pre-theatre dining. plenty of space, good waiting staff. Quick service without feeling rushed. Generous portion size. Would recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll worth a visitStreakyDined on 8/8/2014If you are looking for a good quality Italian meal at a reasonable cost, then this is the place for you. Have visited more than once and always find friendly service as well as good food. Probably not ideal for a romantic meal as the atmosphere is lively, but for London, good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMazzDined on 6/8/2014Our family of 5 visited Sartori on a Wednesday night at 7pm by 8pm restaurant was getting very busy, when we left at 9pm there were lots of people waiting for a table so is obviously a very popular restaurant. Food was lovely and we didn't have to wait long for it to be served. My daughter and I had seafood linguine which was very tasty, my partner had calzone which was huge and my sons had lasagne and penne pasta with tomato sauce which were also very tasty and portions were a good size. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- nice and tasty foodPantelisDined on 18/7/2014Great Food and wine choice. proper Italian pizza and pasta. you will think you are in Italy. great place in central london. always call in advance as it is always busy to find a table.Special Features:
- Brilliant as alwaysFoodieDined on 15/7/2014The food and service was great as always! Went with a vegetarian friend so are the veggie options which were really tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in LondonMaryDined on 15/7/2014The best pizza I have had in London so far. Margherita must try, order the pizza a metro if you are many. They make the bread themselves and it s amazing compared to London standard. Very friendly staff and quick service. Always busy better to book in advance. I would advise for a dinner with friends not for a romance, too crowded.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerWestlondonerDined on 11/7/2014Booked Sartori for a birthday dinner with female friends. Chose it because of central location and reasonably priced menu with very wide range of dishes. The restaurant is very modern in design and very lively which suited us but could be too noisy for some. The service was prompt and friendly and the food delicious - between us we had fish and meat, vegetarian and pasta dishes. All were very generous portions at sensible prices. The bill was very reasonable - starters, mains, coffee, 2 bottles of wine and prosecco aperitifs for just under 50 per head including service. I would certainly come again for a cheery atmosphere and authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianmjmishDined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing, the pizza I had reminded me of Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great pricesCamfoodieDined on 3/7/2014Had a lovely meal at Sartori. Pizza perfect as were all the other food choices.Special Features:
- good food but very noisyfoodieDined on 1/7/2014food and service are good but the noise makes conversation difficultSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly excellentShepDined on 28/6/2014After stumbling across this place amidst the hubbub of Leicester Square tourists we were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just another trap. Really good pizza and really good value, the staff were friendly and attentive, we didn't feel rushed, it was a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Very Basic - don't believe reviewsTomsDined on 27/6/2014Don't know who had reviewed this place before, they made out it was some kind of 'great italian', it's really not. It's a pretty cheap not particularly great Italian restaurant right near Leicester Square. Generally speaking wouldn't ever go here again, unless I absolutely had to. Not inedible, just worse than a pizza express or equivalent.
- Great authentic ItalianCookieDined on 25/6/2014We love coming here, with or without the children. The Italian staff are always courteous and efficient, and the food consistently delicious. Amazing such a restaurant exists in the heart of Leicester Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OperadivaDined on 21/6/2014Fabulous food, a good wine list and a nice lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. When it comes to pizza I am very fussy as I spent much of my childhood in Italy. This pizza truly lived to my expectations, and I know the whole group I was with agreed that it is the best pizza we had come across in the Uk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.