15-18 Great Newport Street
London, WC2H 7JENeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sartori-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 02078366308
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Sartori
A traditional Italian restaurant in the very centre of London, Sartori Restaurant is situated on Great Newport Street, just a minute’s walk from Leicester Square. With a lively, chilled out vibe and modern, cosy décor in earthy tones, this is the perfect post work stop off, allowing Londoners to let their hair down with a cocktail or two alongside excellent, high quality Italian food. Taking in the best of the country’s culinary favourites, Sartori prides itself on offering traditional dishes, a true expression of the vast and varied food landscape of Italy. Of particular note are Sartori’s utterly authentic pizzas, cooked in the restaurant’s custom built Strazzullo Michele wood-fired forno, described by blogger Young & Foodish as "the Stradivarius of pizza ovens".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sartori reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since 27 May 2014
pre/post theatre (101)group bookings (66)fit for foodies (45)good vegetarian options (38)special occasions (35)outstanding value (33)business meals (25)child friendly (24)romance (21)sunday lunch (16)brunch (7)outdoor eating (6)disabled access (4)Show More
- Excellent experienceALydonDined on 19/9/2014Despite turning up half an hour late (but having made a reservation!) I was pleasantly surprised to see our table had been held and the staff were warm and welcoming. Our starters, the antipasti for me, and calamari for my other half, were sublime, as were the Milanese veal and steak mains. The only downside, there was no room for dessert! The portions were generous, the wine was delicious, and the shot of limoncello really topped the whole thing off. I'd heard good things about Sartori. But they were wrong. Good doesn't even begin to cover it. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- had a beautiful mealKristyDined on 13/9/2014I had a group booking and not everyone turned up. I apologized to the waiter and advised they wouldn't be coming. The staff were very good about this and said not a problem. The food was just delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I too would go back if I lived in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre tripBuckladDined on 3/9/2014Picked based on previous reviews and was not disappointed, quick service, great for pre-theatre mealSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightFastfoodDined on 30/8/2014Very busy, food reasonable, service good although we did have to ask for certain items of cutlery, not a place for a romantic but ideal for pre and post theatre food.Special Features:
- Saturday at SartoriIanBDined on 30/8/2014While food menu is not extensive, this is more than surpassed by both the quality and outstanding value of the food on offer. Service was prompt and the restaurant definitely lives up to it's high ratings which made us choose it in the first place. Will definitely use again and likely to be our venue of choice whenever we go to Covent Garden/theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemLouBLouDined on 26/8/2014Having booked tickets for theatre we then searched for nearby restaurant. Staff were friendly, helpful and food arrived promptly. There was a wide selection to choose from, including a pre theatre menu but we went for the a la carte. Delicious spaghetti vongole served with a dish for the clam shells and hand wipes and a veal dish with lovely Italian crispy potatoes. Fortunately we had decided against a starter and just managed to squeeze in desserts. Again staff were on hand to advise us - they could obviously see that we take our desserts very seriously! We will definitely being going back next time we go to the theatre or just happen to be passing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre dinnerMattDined on 22/8/2014Having booked the restaurant through open table the staff were well aware of our booking. We had great service from every member of staff. Set menu's had enough to choose from and food arrived promptly without being rushed. Tasty and good value - great for a meal in the West End at any time. Good value for money as well! Will definitely be recommending to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WellfedDined on 21/8/2014Great service , enthusiasm and good cheer, in a venue ideal for the West. End , and good Italian food to boot, with plenty of variety and innovation.Special Features:
- Great food in the heart of London.Tezbrown89Dined on 19/8/2014You know when Italians are trying to get into this restaurant that you have chosen a good one. The place was busy, so although would have liked noise levels a bit lower the ambience was good. The choice of food was pretty good, from 1 metre pizzas to swordfish and steak. The service was efficient and friendly. Once our food arrived we were not disappointed, it was fresh and very tasty. Overall this restaurant was excellent, the food was delicious sand great value, I would recommend, and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningDined on 14/8/2014Perfect location for pre-theatre dining. plenty of space, good waiting staff. Quick service without feeling rushed. Generous portion size. Would recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll worth a visitStreakyDined on 8/8/2014If you are looking for a good quality Italian meal at a reasonable cost, then this is the place for you. Have visited more than once and always find friendly service as well as good food. Probably not ideal for a romantic meal as the atmosphere is lively, but for London, good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMazzDined on 6/8/2014Our family of 5 visited Sartori on a Wednesday night at 7pm by 8pm restaurant was getting very busy, when we left at 9pm there were lots of people waiting for a table so is obviously a very popular restaurant. Food was lovely and we didn't have to wait long for it to be served. My daughter and I had seafood linguine which was very tasty, my partner had calzone which was huge and my sons had lasagne and penne pasta with tomato sauce which were also very tasty and portions were a good size. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- nice and tasty foodPantelisDined on 18/7/2014Great Food and wine choice. proper Italian pizza and pasta. you will think you are in Italy. great place in central london. always call in advance as it is always busy to find a table.Special Features:
- Brilliant as alwaysFoodieDined on 15/7/2014The food and service was great as always! Went with a vegetarian friend so are the veggie options which were really tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in LondonMaryDined on 15/7/2014The best pizza I have had in London so far. Margherita must try, order the pizza a metro if you are many. They make the bread themselves and it s amazing compared to London standard. Very friendly staff and quick service. Always busy better to book in advance. I would advise for a dinner with friends not for a romance, too crowded.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerWestlondonerDined on 11/7/2014Booked Sartori for a birthday dinner with female friends. Chose it because of central location and reasonably priced menu with very wide range of dishes. The restaurant is very modern in design and very lively which suited us but could be too noisy for some. The service was prompt and friendly and the food delicious - between us we had fish and meat, vegetarian and pasta dishes. All were very generous portions at sensible prices. The bill was very reasonable - starters, mains, coffee, 2 bottles of wine and prosecco aperitifs for just under 50 per head including service. I would certainly come again for a cheery atmosphere and authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianmjmishDined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing, the pizza I had reminded me of Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great pricesCamfoodieDined on 3/7/2014Had a lovely meal at Sartori. Pizza perfect as were all the other food choices.Special Features:
- good food but very noisyfoodieDined on 1/7/2014food and service are good but the noise makes conversation difficultSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly excellentShepDined on 28/6/2014After stumbling across this place amidst the hubbub of Leicester Square tourists we were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just another trap. Really good pizza and really good value, the staff were friendly and attentive, we didn't feel rushed, it was a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Very Basic - don't believe reviewsTomsDined on 27/6/2014Don't know who had reviewed this place before, they made out it was some kind of 'great italian', it's really not. It's a pretty cheap not particularly great Italian restaurant right near Leicester Square. Generally speaking wouldn't ever go here again, unless I absolutely had to. Not inedible, just worse than a pizza express or equivalent.
- Great authentic ItalianCookieDined on 25/6/2014We love coming here, with or without the children. The Italian staff are always courteous and efficient, and the food consistently delicious. Amazing such a restaurant exists in the heart of Leicester Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OperadivaDined on 21/6/2014Fabulous food, a good wine list and a nice lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. When it comes to pizza I am very fussy as I spent much of my childhood in Italy. This pizza truly lived to my expectations, and I know the whole group I was with agreed that it is the best pizza we had come across in the Uk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable pizzafoodeaterDined on 18/6/2014Busy, good pizza and fast service - ideal for pre-theatre food. Nothing outstanding but good value - recommended.
- not badhsiaDined on 15/6/2014I dined with relatives - there were 6 of us who ordered a mixture of meat, fish, pasta and pizza. Overall the food was decent - the meat tender and fish well cooked, pasta was rich and satisfying. Though I struggle to find anything memorable about the food or ambience, and would not readily return except if looking for a convenient place to dine in the West End.Special Features:
- Home!MonpasVIPDined on 13/6/2014Not much to say about a restaurant where I systematically feel..home. Quality of food, warmth of service, overall atmosphere.. Just a few steps away from Italy! :)Special Features:
- Buzzing, great food but a bit loudSheenwebDined on 12/6/2014Everyone loved the food, there was a great choice and attentive but unpushy service. However the decor had so many hard surfaces it was a bit echoey and therefore difficult to have a good conversation on a long table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime!birthdayboy20Dined on 4/6/2014Although busy the service was excellent, the choices amazing, the food delicious and the cocktails were lovely. A perfect start to the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis of calm off Leicester SqMingledinerDined on 31/5/2014Sartori is a fine example of a classic Italian trattoria albeit with a comfortable, modern interior. We ate there one hectic Saturday lunch as a family with two school age children. The extensive menu of favourites (pasta, pizza, starters and mains) provides something for everyone and all the dishes we requested were well cooked and enjoyed. The service was efficient and welcoming - I'm not sure if the restaurant is family run but it felt like it. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great authentic Italian experienceYoshiDined on 30/5/2014When we arrived our initial impressions were mixed. Upstairs looked nice but downstairs lacked atmosphere and was set up for exceptionally large groups. Menu was comprehensive and when the food arrived, we felt reassured that it was good authentic Italian food. Note to self - the portions were large for both starters and main courses. Considering the group of 20 or more sat behind us - service was prompt and friendly. We enjoyed our suppa club date here - just not so keen on the large parties - felt very touristy and loud but we all agreed that we would go back but would ask for a better table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good mealPSG1Dined on 28/5/2014We have eaten here a number of times. An oasis of great food in the west end. Special lunchtime menu was good value but still proper portions. No kids menu though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best pizza in townMariDined on 23/5/2014I think the pizza is very nice here. Recommended. Extra toppings a bit pricey thoughSpecial Features:
- Brilliant FoodRLEatingtourDined on 14/5/2014Great find from Open Table recommendations. This restaurant looks fairly ordinary from the outside but the food is simply exquisite. Have the fish casserole but make sure you have left room as it is as generous as it is delicious. Everything seemed fresh and the tastes were truly Italian. I will definitely become a regular, five of us dined, we all had something different and every course was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food!TheatreloversDined on 10/5/2014Lovely food just possibly too much choice on the menu! Took us abouf an hour to decide what we wanted! But all in all great service, food and atmosphere. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Had a post theatre meal and was impressed with both the quality of the food and the service. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was exceptionally busy but no compromise on service. Comprehensive menu with authentic Italian ingredients. Location great and would definitely eat there again and recommend. One small observation, we ate early at 7.30 pm and there were people queuing for tables throughout our meal. As the demand was so high, felt under a little pressure from staff to eat up and get out. Understandable I guess as the table could have been filled several times over.Special Features:
- That's great!SalsDined on 3/5/2014I love their pizza. It is the best one in London!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Great for pre theatre, wine and food both good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a blissful experienceMonpasVIPDined on 27/4/2014As an Italian foodie, there is nothing better than feeling safe going to a place that will be able to fulfill any kind of crave.. Whether it is pasta, pizza or other Italian delicacies, Sartori is just a guarantee! Highly, always recommended. Just make sure you are adequately hungry to enjoy :DSpecial Features:
- One of the best pizza placesThushDined on 25/4/2014The pizzas are spectacularly good. Some of my favourite pizzas in London. Love the smoked mozzarella too.Special Features:
- 5 stars *****JeanDined on 24/4/2014The staffs are very friendly. We ordered three starter, four main courses, and four desserts, none of the dishes disappointed us! Very very good taste. Will recommend this restaurant to everyone I know for sure.Special Features: