8-10 Princes Square
Harrogate, HG1 1LXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sassorestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01423508838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm (Kitchen closes at 2:00pm); Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am (Kitchen closes at 10:00pm), Friday & Saturday: 5:45pm - 12:00am (Kitchen closes at 10:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Lancellotti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private function available to hire.
- Special Events: Our Summer offer for the month of June! Order from our a la carte menu lunchtimes and before 7.45pm, Monday to Friday and receive a 20% discount off your food! Buon Appetito!
A word from Sasso
Sasso Restaurant is an award winning restaurant. With approximately 100 seats including 2 function rooms there is space for everyone to enjoy our gourmet freshly made food and friendly efficient service. There is a wide range of choice on the menu with starters, home made pasta dishes in small and main course sizes, meat and fish main courses and a range of delicious home made desserts. The wine list is mainly Italian, well researched by our Chef/Owner Stefano Lancellotti.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Sasso - Best restaurants in Harrogate ›
Sasso reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since 25 May 2014
special occasions (48)romance (42)fit for foodies (32)business meals (30)pre/post theatre (27)outstanding value (24)group bookings (19)outdoor eating (8)good vegetarian options (7)child friendly (3)brunch (3)sunday lunch (3)Show More
- Fabulous mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Really lovely meal - excellent starters and the sea bass was wonderful - would recommendSpecial Features:
- Really fantastic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The food is superb.I loved this restaurant .A friendly welcome relaxing atmosphere and professional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014To be fair i was very dissapointed with the meal very bland and not very nice at all we were never asked during the evening if everything was ok and when we left most of the main course we wasnt asked why !!!!! and was very costly wont be dinning there again
- Top rate food and excellent serviceLuvallfoodDined on 25/8/2014We were highly recommended to this restaurant and were not disappointed. The service, food and atmosphere were brilliant. The presentation of the food was excellent and you could see a lot of thought and hard work had gone in to this . We will definitely go back and will be recommending to friendsSpecial Features:
- best italian in HarrogateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 22/8/2014always a pleasure going to Sassos .. a favourite place in Harrogate, great food, service, wine ... never lets me down.Special Features:
- Great ItalianHiltoneDined on 16/8/2014One of the best Italians we have visited! Food was beautiful, we even had 3 courses! Service very good and nice atmosphere. Thought prices very reasonable especially when the quality was so good. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Very good Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/8/2014What can I say,this place is simply amazing.Food was excellent,everything was beautifully served and cooked with passion.Will return again soon but be advise to book early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always such a pleasureSteven56Dined on 14/8/2014Delicious beautiful Italian food and elegant surrounding.Really enjoyable highly recommended.
- Sweet and charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/8/2014The food ,the atmosphere ,the music ,the staff ....everything was perfect.Fresh Italian food cooked with a lot of love&affection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Find2girlseatoutDined on 12/8/2014My daughter and I booked through opentable because of the good reviews and we weren't disappointed, The ambience was perfect, the waiters were attentive and polite and the food was excellent. My daugher ordered the fresh tuna from the specials menu and was very pleased with the quality. I ordered pasta which was delicious and beautifully served. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchJag1Dined on 9/8/2014Good service, good food at a fair price. What more can you ask.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014The service was poor and food below average. We choose the £12.50 for 2 courses menu which seemed great value. Food was bland and it was difficult to get salt or pepper! The tomato and onion side salad I ordered was extremely poor.
- Enjoyable eveningLove2eatDined on 30/7/2014Very warm welcome and excellent service. Food was one of the best we have enjoyed and have dined throughout the world. Staff very attentive but not over the top will come again when we visit HarrogateSpecial Features:
- embsay36Dined on 21/7/2014Service was fiendly and helpful without being overbearing. The menu gave plenty of choice. The crab ball starter was devine - possibly the BEST thing I've ever eaten. My wife chose the "pasta of the day" which she said was really nice. I had lamb as a second option - the calve's liver being unavailable. The lanb was very well cooked and the accompanying sauce was superb though I wasn't keen on roast deep fried potatoes in the middle of July. For dessert again there was plenty of choice and the Lemon Tart with Berry Jus was definitely something to savour. Would definitely reccomend and WILL be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceFreebsDined on 12/7/2014This was our 2nd visit to Sasso, it's a shame we only get to come once a year as we exhibit at The Harrogate Home and Gift Show. The food is truely outstanding with the best pasta dishes I have ever tasted and the main guy is always happy to offer advice on choosing from the extensive menu!!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceFoodieDined on 12/7/2014Was looking for a restaurant for a special occasion and wasn't dissapointed with Sasso's. Excellent food and service, the little appetisers brought before our first course where a pleasant surprise and very nice. Waiters were friendly, courteous and efficient, overall we had a very pleasant, relaxing evening, not hurried along at any point.Special Features:
- Excellent homemade foodMaggieBDined on 12/7/2014My husband and I thought the food here was excellent. Obviously homemade, very tasty and well presented. He had Ravioli filled with Lobster and I had Veal with parsley Burger. The mozzarella and tomato salad starter was served at room temperature, making it more tasty and with olive paste and a fennel marmalade on top. The finishing touches. the only slight downside was the wine list. There were very few wines available by the glass, at a reasonable price apart from Chardonnay, which I really don't like. We had a bottle of Rose but not much choice and expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to bejccdDined on 12/7/2014Have eaten here several times on business trips. This time we felt unwelcome. Food was no where near as good, scallops wrapped in ham - one came without ham and the others so little it was not tasted. I needed gluten free food and was told I could have the risotto, previously they have been helpful and asked the kitchen what food was safe or could be adapted. I like risotto but to cap it all it was so grossly under seasoned that it was ruined. Given all this it overpricedSpecial Features:
- Excellent in all waysJanandDavidDined on 5/7/2014Tour de France had ended just round the corner - thousands had converged on Harrogate. We had booked well ahead! Despite the fact the restaurant could have piled in a lot more people and cashed in they did not -we did not feel rushed or cramped and service excellent. Both had the special crab and scallop ravioli which was excellent and no problem when we asked for extra ( homemade)bread to soak up sauce. Desserts which are often a weak point in Italian places were also excellent and all homemade including the ice cream. When the Maître D' asked us if we enjoyed our meal and I said I was going to give five star write up he said the chef would kiss me - called his bluff and was escorted to kitchen for big kiss on both cheeks from chef!!Special Features:
- FabWestwood18Dined on 5/7/2014The food was Fab. The service the best. Can not wait to retun when over in Harrogate visiting my parentsSpecial Features:
- Very very goodTazleeDined on 21/6/2014We had our 1st wedding anniversary meal here & it was brilliant, service great & the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in HarrogateLive4goodfoodDined on 17/6/2014Booked here for our Wedding Anniversary, mid week visit so not overly busy but enough people in to create a good atmosphere. The table was well attended all evening and our wine poured for us until the staff got very busy with food orders. The meal sizes were of a good portion. The Duck Pate starter was particularly good. We both chose a chicken main course which was cooked well and the sauce very tasty. Well worth the short walk from the centre to receive the attention from the staff and the quality of the food. We would advise anyone to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely romantic evening outAAAADined on 7/6/2014Visited Sasso for the second time, to celebrate an anniversary and had a lovely meal, with excellent service. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in HarrogateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Sasso's still the best after all the years it has been going .A fantastic menu and also we wanted to change one course and this was not a problem at all.Special Features:
- Dont miss this one!ExcellentBillyDined on 7/6/2014Sasso's is a real treat.Amazing food excellent service and value for money.The restaurant has a very relaxed feel and the staff were friendly yet professional.First-classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Quite simply,in my opinion ,this is still one of the best restaurant in Harrogate.Good combination of good service,quiet elegance and excellent food.Have been here numerous times and always lives up to the good name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing specialDesigner46Dined on 31/5/2014Having been to Sasso's in the past and had a fantastic meal I had high expectations. Unfortunately Sasso hasn't moved with the times and are in danger of being eclipsed by the new Italian restaurants in Harrogate (Carluccios and Jamies). But unlike these chain branded restaurants Sasso has authentic Italian credentials and really needs to make more of them in order to compete. The main course fish was beautifully cooked but the accompanying vegetables were laughably sparse. 3 cubes of pallid sautéed potato and 3 green beans tied up with a chive and one button mushroom! At £70 for 2 courses each + wine I thought it was expensive. The staff need to smile more and I'd like to see more of the warmth and generosity that Italians are famous for.
- Saturday Eve Dinner after CricketLollypopDined on 31/5/2014We took my parents for dinner after watching Harrogate play cricket. Good food, and service as always. We have been on a number of occasions and always enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary mealAfineDineDined on 31/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our romantic evening meal at Sasso. Booked a few days before we arrived in Harrogate. Checked out a few reviews and most were positive. Attentive staff and good timing between courses. The food was delicious. Quite special really compared to your average Italian restaurant. Pleasant surroundings too. My only complaint on reflection would be that any music that was being played we couldn't really hear. Maybe just turned down a little too low. Overall though.. very good. Would certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies who lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/5/2014Great place to meet friends for a leisurely lunch. Good but unintrusive service, excellent Italian based menu but more adventurous than the usual pasta and pizza fare.Special Features:
- 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/5/2014We found this restaurant after being recommended it by friends. We weren't disappointed. It was all excellent, the best Italian meal we've had in a long time. We loved the vibrant original paintings of Italy. If you're in Harrogate, definitely one to try.Special Features:
- Please don't changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/5/2014When I hear a restaurant like Sasso being compared to chains like Carluccios and Jamie Oliver's it makes me laugh and I think I'm not the only one. Eating at Sasso means being served warm bread with tapenade, amuse bouche and thank goodness you can finally eat somewhere with real tablecloths and napkins for this Sasso will not be eclipsed but will always have a market of customers who can appreciate real Italian food. Carry on as you are Sasso!Special Features:
- Top notch foodSteven56Dined on 28/5/2014Excellent food,italian flavours well combined and presented.Veal "caramele"for starter and lamb for main.....Perfecto!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in HarrogateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/5/2014These days it is difficult to find in Harrogate good food ,friendly staff and relaxing ambience!!!Cannot fault this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBex99Dined on 23/5/2014Lacklustre food, over-priced for what it was. Avoid the calves liver, which was overcooked. A side dish didn't appear, but we didn't realise until we had left the restaurant. Nice surroundings.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2014Service great. Food gorgeous no complaints. Had a fabulous evening. Would highly recommend it to my frirnds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap and badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 30/4/2014Menu didn't give a good description of what we got. My food was covered in mayonnaise, salad was clearly straight from a bag with bad shop bought dressing. We both ate and had drinks for £30 but could have cooked something far better ourselves. We had a total of five different waiters even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Because there were so many of them they got the bill wrong. In Harrogate, a town with so many good restaurants, Sasso's desperately needs to up its game.Special Features:
- Another great meal........SaddleworthresidentDined on 19/4/2014Been going to Sasso for many years now. Not a Harrogate resident and been visiting the town from over the border in Lancashire but Sasso is always a must. Friendly service, great ambience and the food is top notch. Wouldn't miss a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening mealRobertcDined on 18/4/2014Really authentic Italian food, served with simplicity but great flavour and quality. Fantastic service and a perfect meal for a special occassion.Special Features:
- ExcellentTonkaDined on 3/4/2014A great meal food and service to a very high standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.