13 Sale place
London, W2 1PXNeighbourhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.satay-house.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077236763
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, WLAN available
- Catering: Please contact us and see if we can cater for you
A word from Satay House
Satay House, London's most established Malaysian restaurant effortlessly combines traditional recipes and family-run affability with modern culinary techniques and sleek contemporary design.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
Satay House - Best restaurants in Paddington ›
Satay House reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since 25 May 2014
fit for foodies (83)group bookings (47)special occasions (44)good vegetarian options (41)outstanding value (39)business meals (34)romance (23)sunday lunch (18)pre/post theatre (18)child friendly (14)brunch (11)outdoor eating (1)disabled access (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Tasty foodLucyDined on 19/9/2014My boyfriend and I came across this place when looking for somewhere to eat before getting a train from Paddington. The food was really tasty and good value - I would recommend the fish curry! I would definately go back if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!BrandyboyDined on 9/9/2014The venue is small upstairs but perfectly formed and the food was a delight. I have to say it was one of the best lunches that I've had in London so would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious3xsfoodiesDined on 6/9/2014This was our 3rd visit to the satay house and it just gets better each time. So many lovely dishes it's hard to make a choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliance @ its best !!!YummyDined on 5/9/2014Service was great as usual, food was brilliant , I visit this restaurant 3 to 4 times a year and honestly the food quality is always great. Service level is also great, I hope this restaurant expands so more people and bigger groups can be accommodated ... booking a table here is highly recommended. Food is so tasty I just want to go back there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best malaysian food in LondonenayzeeDined on 31/8/2014Always look forward to coming here. Excellent food, great service and great location. Always pleases the taste buds to enjoy authentic malay cuisine. Been coming here for years and it just gets better and better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMORIDined on 31/8/2014Great restaurant with friendly staff and amazing food - all the dishes we ordered were of outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014Simply great food. Superb soup, good satay. Main courses tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic MalaysianEnjoy2dineVIPDined on 27/8/2014A place worth checking out to dine. The food is good a place to keep going back if one likes Malaysian food. Food is authentic and the best Malaysian in Central London. Service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Malay food fixMalaynutDined on 22/8/2014This is probably the 15th time I have been to Satay House and it didnt disappoint. I took 3 friends there who have never been. The only issue is 2 of them cannot take food that is too spicy and at Satay House that is a bit difficult to find. Hence i gave it 4 stars overall as : 1. will be good to have more dishes that we can customise the 'heat', without resorting to taking the non-spicy dishes. 2. this isnt really a complaint but i wish they can do the dishes in smaller portions as this is probably the 10th time I failed to find room for dessert.Special Features:
- Ambience place to dine inFoodluverDined on 16/8/2014Nice place, nice food especially fried kuey teow. But hard to find nearest car parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 15/8/2014I had the taster menu and it was delicious. I had some questions about the spice level of dishes and the waitress answered my questions carefully and helpfully. Each of the dishes was introduced and the presentation was excellent. I'm in no position to comment on the food's authenticity, but it's certainly delicious food delivered with care and style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, smiling serviceMcEnallayDined on 12/7/2014We were longing for an authentic Malaysian meal with dishes that my husband would recognise from his Singapore childhood. This restaurant didn't disappoint. The waiter and waitress were friendly and efficient. The food arrived swiftly and was fresh and delicious. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malaysian FoodEnjoy2dineVIPDined on 12/7/2014The food is good and at Satay House. Sevice is good. Place to return for Malaysians who want to dine on food from home. Menu is not large and the food carefully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Malaysian FareEnjoy2dineVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food is good at Satay House and some of the dishes are authentic. Good to try is the Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng Kampung, Curry Laksa, Ice Kacang, Ayam Cili Api. Being away from the West End the location is a plus being in a quiet side street behind Edgware Road. A good place to dine on some authentic dishes with friendly service and unpretentious surroundings. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!ST2012Dined on 7/7/2014Visited this restaurant with my girlfriend. Simply a great restaurant all round. The food was brilliant and the service was very attentive and efficient. Would definitely be coming back here, and will be recommending this restaurant to my friends and family. 5 Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Malaysian foodFoodfansDined on 29/6/2014Excellent food and service and good value..we will be returning for more!Special Features:
- Authentic foodexpatklDined on 29/6/2014I normally live in KL and took my daughter here as she is studying inthe the UK and is missing Malay food. The food is quite authentic, perhaps a bit milder than in Malaysia, and is reasonable value for London. Service was good and would go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but hotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/6/2014Lovely food with delicious pieces of meat. Spices are well balanced but it is not for faint hearted! It is very hot!!! Would go again that is for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceSultan2GDined on 16/6/2014Booked a table for two,food was served promptly, and the service was excellent,it was hot,and tasted simply delicious, we will god willing definitely be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Malaysian food in LondonAMartianDined on 16/6/2014Very authentic and extremely tasty Malaysian food. Even our Malaysian friends are impressed as the food is so great. Great little restaurant and a nice change when your palate is after something with a little bit of spice and beautiful flavours.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Malay foodMsMMDined on 31/5/2014The service was very good,I was running late and called ahead. The staff were able to accommodate us with no problems. We sat in the downstairs section, nice environment and very attentive staff. I have already recommended the restaurant, I look forward to my next meal. It's a nice intimate location with good public transport access.Special Features:
- nice place for tasty foodSRSRDined on 24/5/2014Food was nice, a tiny bit oily, we had a prawn coconut curry and spicy beef with peppers but other dishes may have been less so. Chicken satay was lovely, wish portions were bigger. Cozy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MalaysianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/5/2014I have been looking for a great Malaysian restaurant for ages in London and Satay House is it! Great food, large portions and good prices and we were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is deliciousMaryDined on 16/5/2014If you want to try some authentic Malaysian food, this is a good place to go! The rendang is especially tasty!Special Features:
- Decent foodyklokeDined on 15/5/2014There's a good selection of dishes on the menu, so it can cater to a wide range of tastes. Some of the Malaysian dishes are more successfully cooked than others, so a bit hit and miss.Special Features:
- Authentic Malay Food in LondonFussyMalayDined on 14/5/2014As a native Malay I am naturally fussy about my food as Penang, where I come from, is the food capital of the world. Satay House food is authentically Malay and the service is excellent. That's why I always introduce my non-Malaysian friends to Satay House. They have been around for over 30 years and the quality of food is consistently good. When I have a birthday celebration I choose the alcove downstairs where you feel like you are the only ones there. The restaurant is also great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!JyakkiDined on 1/5/2014Scored a little less for ambience due to the presence of toilet smell on the ground floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/4/2014The food was very tasty, however the service was poor. Although the portion sizes were generally good, the sauce served with the roti was very small in quantity and when we requested for more, we were told that they would charge extra just for the sauce. The service was extremely slow and unfriendly. It was a busy Saturday evening and all the tables were full, with only two staff to serve. The ambience was OK, a small and cosy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendang to die forCloveRDined on 22/4/2014This small well-established restaurant serves great Malaysian food at reasonable prices. A small, somewhat noisy place, tables on the ground floor provide patrons a great atmosphere in which to dine, although as with many London restaurants, the basement level feels a little closed in. Don't miss their chicken satays, with a generous serve of peanut sauce, although the beef rendang is what brings me back to this place time and time again. It is seriously good!
- Good Malaysian foodvaniDined on 12/4/2014I have been going to satay house for the last 5 years. They serve good food for good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trex saystrexVIPDined on 7/4/2014Very authentic Malaysian food. Everyone whom we have introduced this cuisine to and this restaurant to, have loved it. Almost a weekly event for us now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satay House-generally disappointingNickPVIPDined on 7/4/20141st visit to Satay House and have to say wouldn't rush back. Restaurant billed as Thai and the recent reviews I read were generally good other than for the service. Nice restaurant upstairs when there's space (wasn't for us); with downstairs area feeling like you're sitting in corridor to kitchen. Food was a rather strange Indian fusion with Thai and the service was functional and slow. Given other reviews were better than our experience, maybe it was an off night, but unlikely to go back.
- Good quality Malaysian foodVEGADined on 5/4/2014Friendly staff, good quality ingredients and an overall satisfying experience, but I personally thought the dishes were a little too sweet for my taste.Special Features:
- Another great mealFoodieDined on 1/4/2014Delicious meal. The chicken satay and lamb curry were terrific. Good size portions. Had a great evening with friends. Will definitely go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 of us enjoyed every dishSamOVIPDined on 24/3/2014We have been several times before and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious as always.ViewOfTheParkDined on 21/3/2014We don't live in the UK but visit every year, and every year Satay House is on our must do list. Food is delicious. We have tried a wide variety of dishes and have enjoyed them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better..amiraeatsDined on 19/3/2014My favourite Malaysian restaurant in London. However, the waiter had no interest in explaining certain aspects of the menu... I have been visiting for over 10 years, and they have always been friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable staff. Please keep up the good food and friendly service, otherwise you lose your loyal customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFrankieDined on 13/3/2014Attentive to my order and produced a delicious meal in good time and calmly. My colleagues meal was equally good and this little restaurant is a good find, being of sound value and clean. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, average serviceAE13Dined on 10/3/2014Have been here twice now and the food is consistently very good. The service however is abysmal and detracts from the experience somewhat. The staff were unable to give us the correct number of glasses of water despite several requests - it took half an hour for some members of our party to get a drink. The waiter was unhelpful and could not recommend the milder options on the menu.
- the best of malaydankaydDined on 8/3/2014interior very good, food very tasty, with all ingredients, no substitute, very tranquill and calm inside, good for a serious date. i love, been sampling all malay restaurants, this sits on the top. proven.Special Features: