Searcys St Pancras Grand
Upper Concourse, St Pancras International Station
London, N1C 4QLNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Searcys St Pancras Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stpg.co.uk/
- Phone: 0871 962 4968
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am - 11pm
Sunday: 8am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Peter Alderin - General Manager
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: - Sunday Jazz between 1-4pm
- Club Grand loyalty Membership club - sign up now
- Champagne Season - Exclusive partnership every month with a Champagne House, Consumer Incentives each month
A word from Searcys St Pancras Grand
Located inside London’s architecturally stunning St Pancras International railway station, St Pancras Grand restaurant is a haven from the bustle of the station below. Every inch the continental brasserie with vaulted ceilings, leather banquettes and an Oyster Bar, St Pancras Grand is a stylish, romantic destination restaurant perfect for before-travel sustenance or fabulous continental dining without a passport. Classic Brasserie menu changes seasonally and includes old-fashioned favourites and modern-day classics like Smoked Haddock, poached egg, crushed potatoes with mustard sauce, and Cote de boeuf. Sample something fizzy at the St Pancras Grand Champagne Bar or sip a wee dram at the Whisky Bar for the full experience. Now you can enjoy the full Parisian brasserie experience without ever having to leave London. Whether you are en route to Paris or just heading home from work, St Pancras Grand is worth making a detour for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Searcys St Pancras Grand - Best restaurants in King's Cross ›
Searcys St Pancras Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since 23 November 2013
business meals (148)special occasions (94)brunch (63)group bookings (60)pre/post theatre (57)romance (54)afternoon tea (54)fit for foodies (51)outstanding value (45)sunday lunch (41)disabled access (26)good vegetarian options (24)child friendly (13)outdoor eating (10)Show More
- Fantastic afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/11/2014I had read a couple of reviews which talked about small portions - well I either don't know how much they eat or they must have gone somewhere else! Myself and 4 friends booked the champagne afternoon tea before returning home on the train from Kings Cross. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the live music was just the icing on the cake. The afternoon tea consisted of 4 quarters of sandwiches per person - poached salmon, cream cheese, beef & egg, a lovely fresh scone with butter, jam & cream and individual macaroon, eclair, lemon cake, chocolate & raspberry cake and cheesecake. This was served with a glass of champagne and tea or coffee. At £30 for two it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Au Revoir LondonTrendydinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Party of five indulging in a Champagne Breakfast just before boarding the Eurostar. Amazing food, amazing champagne, amazing atmosphere. Quality of the food was amazing. Each of us had the Champagne Breakfast- it included scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.Special Features:
- Good food BUT inattentive staff!MAC10Dined on 5/11/2014On arrival the staff member gave the wrong menu for the OpenTable deal and then we had to wait over 20minutes for service. Our waitress was not familiar with either the drinks or main menu and was not able to offer any recommendations therefore had to keep going back to the bar to ask for assistance. When we did get service the chicken with mushrooms was absolutely delicious followed by the New York cheescake. All three of us ate the same main and dessert as the set menu only offers either mussels, risotto or chicken.
- Weekday bite to eatDessertisChocolateVIPDined on 5/11/2014The deal menu was small but had good choices The service could have been better but overall fine. I found the restaurant slightly drafty as well. Overall fine if in area, not for a special trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MirandaDined on 3/11/2014Restaurant was cold so we shivered while we ate. Second course - a chicken, leek and potato pie was too salty and the chicken was quite tough. Starter of chicory, roquefort and walnuts was tasty and fresh however. It was not really worth the price (special offer of 2 courses for £19). Service was good. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Long lazy lunchGourmandineDined on 1/11/2014An old friend and I met to catch up over lunch. We chose the Toptable set menu. Food quality and presentation were excellent and portion sizes were adequate. Apart from bread and butter (to accompany our salad starter) we didn't need any side orders. The wine list was quite pricey (starting at £20.00 for a decent house wine). Service was attentive but unobtrusive. The restaurant was fairly quiet (Saturday lunchtime), although it probably would be much busier on weekdays. We chose to sit outside so we could enjoy the autumn sunshine through the great glass canopy of St Pancras station, and enjoy the atmosphere of journeys starting and ending. Would definitely recommend both for quality of food and as a venue.Special Features:
- JjJacqui17Dined on 1/11/2014I took my friend for the Champagne breakfast last Saturday. Our table was for 11.30, however due to travel difficulties we were running late, I rang ahead, but we still arrived half an hour after the revised time - which meant that breakfast had actually finished. However the staff still accommdated us and allowed us to have the breakfast which I am so thankfull for, as this was the start of a day of clelebrations for my friend's 50th birthday. I would like to say a big thank you to the staff for helping to make my friend's day so special. I would definately be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor eating at St PancrasMaryB63Dined on 31/10/2014An enjoyable evening with good food though the last time I ate at Searcys it was superior in quality to this time. Had the soup - lovely but the roll came without butter and I had to wait a while to get some having to remind the waitress one time too many. The chicken pie was delicious though there was very little actual chicken in it. We had the set menu but I think it was a tad expensive for what we actually got. Would definitely visit again as the location is delightful and we sat outside.Special Features:
- Overpriced, but nice atmosphereBaggersDined on 31/10/2014Had to ask four times for a slice of lemon with our water. Steak was cooked incorrectly, offered replacement which was fine, but had to eat quickly and skip dessert as was in a rush. Table booked for 6, didn't start eating properly until 7:10! Food overpriced for what it was, but still tasty.
- Searcys St Pancras GrandAndy24551Dined on 26/10/2014We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and never been disappointed. Latest occasion was a Sunday evening after arriving by train from Sheffield and wanting a quick Dinner before heading home on the tube. We were not disappointed and the fixed price menu is excellent value. As always the staff were charming and attentive but not overly so. I cannot think of a better restaurant in the Kings Cross/St Pancras complex but have not tried too hard to find one as Searcys so good.Special Features:
- Good venue, but that's allFinchleyLadDined on 24/10/2014Been to Searcys before and it was much better. The location & the ambience is great - a perfect venue to meet for a business lunch. However this time I was very disappointed - service was disjointed, with waiting staff either arriving in pairs or vanishing all together. The mackerel starter was nice, but with it seeming to arrive minutes after ordering, you wonder how much care was put into it. The steak was not a good cut & the frites luke warm. We had to ask to see a dessert menu, having waited for some time. It may be that Searcys (St P) cater for customers rushing for trains. It may have hit a bad day, but it was bad enough for me not to recommend.
- Great for a quick bitefarmerstoDined on 22/10/2014Great location, and so quiet amidst the hustle and bustle of St Pancras. Lovely set menu, but service was a bit brusque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodluv2dineDined on 13/10/2014Good food and reasonably priced for what you get and where you are.Special Features:
- I don't normally write a review...diningoutDined on 8/10/2014But i just have to say this place was quite a surprise (not in a good sense). I met a friend off the train for a natter and dinner between trains one evening and chose this for convenience and the good reviews. The food was average (what you'd find in a regular pub these days - not bad, but not what i was expecting from the reviews). They put us on a table between a windy door and a table that remained uncleaned of dirty plates for about an hour. The service was polite (when they remembered we were there) but very poor – twice i had to get up and ask a waiter to 1) come and get our order 2) bring us the bill. The bill was then wrong - they over charged us by £20 and cheekily put on £8 service charge. And no hand towels in the loo!
- Decent but nothing extraordinaryPanicLordDined on 27/9/2014We had the 2 for £30 champagne afternoon tea. In common with some other places we have been on this sort of special offer, it looked to us like you actually got less food each for the money. Small sandwiches clearly made some time in advance (or at least with the bread left out) and hardly enough cream and jam for 1 let alone 2. And why have restaurants stopped giving you butter with scones? Anyway, what we did get was perfectly nice and for the money was decent enough - I just wouldn't pay the usual £60 for 2. Go to Harrods instead - it may be more expensive, but it will be worth every penny. I have to say the staff at Searcys were very good and St Pancras itself is of course impressive. Maybe an a la carte meal would be best.Special Features:
- Need to raise the gamebillyVIPDined on 26/9/2014After taking so many clients to this spectacularly set restaurant in the fabulous rejuvenated St. Pancras station - the food and service continues to be just average - which is such a real shame.
- DisappointedQuex2Dined on 24/9/2014A welcoming start by both staff and atmosphere. The food was a let down. First course; tasty but cold soup. Having completed the first course, we waited over an hour for the mains. After complaining, which I hate doing, it took a further 15 mins for all dishes to arrive. My main meal (pork belly) was delicious. The mussels were also good. Unfortunately, the fish (lemon sole) was so bony it was difficult to enjoy. My daughter's risotto was sent back to the kitchen as it was gritty and it appeared to be made with curdled milk/cheese. Unfortunately, at that stage, I was forced to complain. We were offered a free desert in place of the risotto but to be honest, I had lost faith in it ever arriving so we settled on a reduced bill.
- GREAT SERVICEbillyVIPDined on 19/9/2014Good service, as wanted a quick lunch. Pleasant surroundings and attentive staff. Always a reliable venue.
- FabulousHY81Dined on 16/9/2014We ate early, so it was very quiet, but that didn't spoil the mood. Food was stunning, as was the champagne. Portions not too huge, just enough. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Nice food, Quick serviceMcfee21VIPDined on 14/9/2014The restaurant was quite and service was swift, the deal option was good value but the drinks were a tad pricey however delicious and everything was very well presented. My food was very interesting and of a good quality and staff were friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient venuepeterDined on 6/9/2014Searcys is great for those of us travelling north after time in London. evening service starts early, food and service are great, restaurant is comfortable and the staff are welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-round goodness!CDT123Dined on 29/8/2014Lovely service, good deal, very tasty food and a generally good experience. Would happily go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to start the daylms61Dined on 27/8/2014Girls champagne breakfast before work - great way to start the day for a treat. Convenient venue and good value with Open Table offer.Special Features:
- Fine but a little disappointingdeeperDined on 23/8/2014Having heard good things about Searcys St Pancras Grand, to be honest we were a little disappointed. We entered, and the decor is impressive. We had the set meal with a glass of bubbly. The pink bubbly was delicious. The set menu options looked appealing. But, even for fine dining, the portions were a little small. My wife had the fish, but it had no vegetables (unfortunately as per the menu) - and being the set menu, there was no opportunity for side dishes. Although the restaurant was not busy, we found it hard enough to attract staff's attention. First time ever we left a place feeling hungry. Maybe it's better for lunch or a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladieswholunchDined on 22/8/2014Good meal once again - it's a reliable meeting place. Service was very accommodating - we lingered a long time over drinks before moving to our table but it wasn't a problem. Very quick to bring extra orders - ie. we ordered chips only when the main course arrived and they were there within about 90 seconds!Special Features:
- Very convenient locationFianne71Dined on 18/8/2014I am a regular at Searcys St Pancras Grand primarily because of its convenient location/ The food is very consistent, though the service (kitchen rather than wait staff) can be a little erratic. Two visits in a row items ordered have not been delivered - this time it was a mixed salad. More care needs to be taken to ensure that all items are delivered. But overall it is a very pleasant restaurant.Special Features:
- ladieswholunchDined on 15/8/2014Excellent set price meal - £19 for 2 courses with a glass of bubbly. Service very friendly. Only criticism is that the fizz came at the same time as the starter. It would have been nice if that had come more quickly, as soon as we said we were going for that menu, so that we could savour the drink before the food came. This is a great location for meeting people who may have come by train from other parts of the country. I will be back (this week in fact!)Special Features:
- £15 Lunch menu with glass of fizzMalornaDined on 12/8/2014I went with a friend for lunch. We had the £15, 2 course al la carte set menu with a glass of pink fizz. You could not fault the food it was amazing. Menu: There are three choices to choose from, one consisting of a vegetarian option. I had the sea trout for my main which unfortunately was the last one available. This was the only downside especially as we ate at 1pm. Service and the restaurant were fantastic, as rather say they were out of a fish option, they automatically offered another choice of fish which was plaice. This was succulent and flavoursome. Please do not expect big portions, this is al la carte, with amazing flavours. Searcy’s is a great place to go for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok - ok - okbillyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Okay if you just wish to have a bite before you charge off on the Eurostar. Always expect a little more care and service levels at St. Pancras Grand. It's in a spectacular location in one of the world's greatest railway stations, that deserves that the team to up their game a little more. Have been over 10 times in the last few years with Clients and always hope for more. Perhaps next time...
- So good I've been 3 timesTaz68Dined on 8/8/2014They currently have a special offer of 3 course & a glass of fizz for £20. I took a friend for a birthday treat & have taken 2 other groups of friends since. The restaurant inside & out is fantastic, modern art deco, the staff very attentive but not in your face & the food not only tastes as good as it looks but is fantastic value. I've booked to go back again for another friends birthday in September & can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant & locationPearlOVIPDined on 6/8/2014I booked a pre-theatre deal here for friend sand I because we were meeting up in King's Cross and I had been to the champagne bar. The menu had enough choices for everyone and the staff were very friendly and helpful. You can't fault the location in the station for convenienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedManclassDined on 31/7/2014The restaurant setting is stunning in the fabulous St Pancras station. I found the interior a bit slick and 'nighclubby' and as it was a lovely summer day, not very appropriate. So we ate outside. We had booked the lunch special but the menu was unexciting so we went a la carte. My smoked haddock with poached egg and mustard sauce was very good. But my companion ordered the calves liver which proved disappointing. it was thickly sliced and very sinewy.(Calves liver should be thinly sliced and very tender) it was also expensive at £18 - not including vegetables. Service was Ok but it was very quiet so perhaps not surprising. So overall the experience was a bit disappointing:(
- A gem in the station.sandral88Dined on 26/7/2014Well, what can I say. It was absolutely lovely. We had the Open Table deal, two courses and a glass of fizz for £15. We had the chicken from the menu, and the New York cheesecake. Tasted wonderful. Excellent value for money and the staff were very attentive. What a gem. Loved it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastKaffDined on 26/7/2014Always lovely. We meet from the trains from champagne breakfast. The staff aren't the friendliest but they never mind that we all arrive at different times and are at the table for a long time. The salmon and scrambled egg is good. It would be nice to have a choice though!Special Features:
- Lunch @ Searcy'sKonradDined on 25/7/2014Searcy's St. Pancras Grand is a splendid luncheon venue, especially before leaving on a special journey (e.g on the Eurostar). The service was warm, welcoming and professional. The food very well presented, tasty and quick. The wine delicious. Little to fault in a very successful adieu to the UK for five international wanderers. I'd certainly repeat the experience.Special Features:
- A convenient locationFianne71Dined on 22/7/2014Searcy's St Pancras is a very convenient spot to meet commuting friends and I am very much a regular. The service was a little off the evening I attended - bar staff were slightly baffled by my request for a glass of sav blanc ( to be fair, it is a champagne bar, but it didn't seem like an unusual request). I was served the wrong sauce with my steak and the kitchen forgot my side salad. I think these service errors rested with the kitchen rather than our waiter who was trying hard to provide attentive service. A bit disappointing, but hopefully just a blip.Special Features:
- Always reliable...sk4foodVIPDined on 22/7/2014If you want a reliable place to eat before catching a train at St. Pancras, Searcy's is the answer. The main menu is quite comprehensive and the 'specials' menu is excellent value. The restaurant is part of the Champagne Bar on the station so the variety of champagnes on offer is comprehensive. The food is always consistent, well presented and full of flavour... we will return.Special Features:
- sfishDined on 18/7/2014I have been to Searcy's several times. Nice ambience, lovely relaxed feel. Good waiting skills. Set menu can be a little restrictive.
- fab deal with fizzfizzDined on 18/7/2014Lovely choice onthe set menu - all 3 options for each course sounded fab! The food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious, and the pink fizz lovely. Staff were attentive but not over the top - a lovely relaxed evening would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie21Dined on 17/7/2014Fixed price menu good value. Quiet and able to hear one selves! Pleasant surroundings and no children.Special Features: