Searcys St Pancras Grand
Upper Concourse, St Pancras International Station
London, N1C 4QLNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Searcys St Pancras Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stpg.co.uk/
- Phone: 08719624968x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am - 11pm
Sunday: 8am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Peter Alderin - General Manager
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: - Sunday Jazz between 1-4pm
- Club Grand loyalty Membership club - sign up now
- Champagne Season - Exclusive partnership every month with a Champagne House, Consumer Incentives each month
A word from Searcys St Pancras Grand
Located inside London’s architecturally stunning St Pancras International railway station, St Pancras Grand restaurant is a haven from the bustle of the station below. Every inch the continental brasserie with vaulted ceilings, leather banquettes and an Oyster Bar, St Pancras Grand is a stylish, romantic destination restaurant perfect for before-travel sustenance or fabulous continental dining without a passport. Classic Brasserie menu changes seasonally and includes old-fashioned favourites and modern-day classics like Smoked Haddock, poached egg, crushed potatoes with mustard sauce, and Cote de boeuf. Sample something fizzy at the St Pancras Grand Champagne Bar or sip a wee dram at the Whisky Bar for the full experience. Now you can enjoy the full Parisian brasserie experience without ever having to leave London. Whether you are en route to Paris or just heading home from work, St Pancras Grand is worth making a detour for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Searcys St Pancras Grand - Best restaurants in King's Cross ›
Searcys St Pancras Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since 31 October 2013
business meals (156)special occasions (99)brunch (68)group bookings (64)afternoon tea (62)romance (59)pre/post theatre (56)fit for foodies (51)outstanding value (47)sunday lunch (45)disabled access (26)good vegetarian options (25)child friendly (14)outdoor eating (9)Show More
- Searcys St Pancras GrandAndy24551Dined on 26/10/2014We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and never been disappointed. Latest occasion was a Sunday evening after arriving by train from Sheffield and wanting a quick Dinner before heading home on the tube. We were not disappointed and the fixed price menu is excellent value. As always the staff were charming and attentive but not overly so. I cannot think of a better restaurant in the Kings Cross/St Pancras complex but have not tried too hard to find one as Searcys so good.Special Features:
- Good venue, but that's allFinchleyLadDined on 24/10/2014Been to Searcys before and it was much better. The location & the ambience is great - a perfect venue to meet for a business lunch. However this time I was very disappointed - service was disjointed, with waiting staff either arriving in pairs or vanishing all together. The mackerel starter was nice, but with it seeming to arrive minutes after ordering, you wonder how much care was put into it. The steak was not a good cut & the frites luke warm. We had to ask to see a dessert menu, having waited for some time. It may be that Searcys (St P) cater for customers rushing for trains. It may have hit a bad day, but it was bad enough for me not to recommend.
- Great for a quick bitefarmerstoDined on 22/10/2014Great location, and so quiet amidst the hustle and bustle of St Pancras. Lovely set menu, but service was a bit brusque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodluv2dineDined on 13/10/2014Good food and reasonably priced for what you get and where you are.Special Features:
- I don't normally write a review...diningoutDined on 8/10/2014But i just have to say this place was quite a surprise (not in a good sense). I met a friend off the train for a natter and dinner between trains one evening and chose this for convenience and the good reviews. The food was average (what you'd find in a regular pub these days - not bad, but not what i was expecting from the reviews). They put us on a table between a windy door and a table that remained uncleaned of dirty plates for about an hour. The service was polite (when they remembered we were there) but very poor – twice i had to get up and ask a waiter to 1) come and get our order 2) bring us the bill. The bill was then wrong - they over charged us by £20 and cheekily put on £8 service charge. And no hand towels in the loo!
- Decent but nothing extraordinaryPanicLordDined on 27/9/2014We had the 2 for £30 champagne afternoon tea. In common with some other places we have been on this sort of special offer, it looked to us like you actually got less food each for the money. Small sandwiches clearly made some time in advance (or at least with the bread left out) and hardly enough cream and jam for 1 let alone 2. And why have restaurants stopped giving you butter with scones? Anyway, what we did get was perfectly nice and for the money was decent enough - I just wouldn't pay the usual £60 for 2. Go to Harrods instead - it may be more expensive, but it will be worth every penny. I have to say the staff at Searcys were very good and St Pancras itself is of course impressive. Maybe an a la carte meal would be best.Special Features:
- Need to raise the gamebillyVIPDined on 26/9/2014After taking so many clients to this spectacularly set restaurant in the fabulous rejuvenated St. Pancras station - the food and service continues to be just average - which is such a real shame.
- DisappointedQuex2Dined on 24/9/2014A welcoming start by both staff and atmosphere. The food was a let down. First course; tasty but cold soup. Having completed the first course, we waited over an hour for the mains. After complaining, which I hate doing, it took a further 15 mins for all dishes to arrive. My main meal (pork belly) was delicious. The mussels were also good. Unfortunately, the fish (lemon sole) was so bony it was difficult to enjoy. My daughter's risotto was sent back to the kitchen as it was gritty and it appeared to be made with curdled milk/cheese. Unfortunately, at that stage, I was forced to complain. We were offered a free desert in place of the risotto but to be honest, I had lost faith in it ever arriving so we settled on a reduced bill.
- GREAT SERVICEbillyVIPDined on 19/9/2014Good service, as wanted a quick lunch. Pleasant surroundings and attentive staff. Always a reliable venue.
- FabulousHY81Dined on 16/9/2014We ate early, so it was very quiet, but that didn't spoil the mood. Food was stunning, as was the champagne. Portions not too huge, just enough. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Nice food, Quick serviceMcfee21VIPDined on 14/9/2014The restaurant was quite and service was swift, the deal option was good value but the drinks were a tad pricey however delicious and everything was very well presented. My food was very interesting and of a good quality and staff were friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient venuepeterDined on 6/9/2014Searcys is great for those of us travelling north after time in London. evening service starts early, food and service are great, restaurant is comfortable and the staff are welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-round goodness!CDT123Dined on 29/8/2014Lovely service, good deal, very tasty food and a generally good experience. Would happily go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to start the daylms61Dined on 27/8/2014Girls champagne breakfast before work - great way to start the day for a treat. Convenient venue and good value with Open Table offer.Special Features:
- Fine but a little disappointingdeeperDined on 23/8/2014Having heard good things about Searcys St Pancras Grand, to be honest we were a little disappointed. We entered, and the decor is impressive. We had the set meal with a glass of bubbly. The pink bubbly was delicious. The set menu options looked appealing. But, even for fine dining, the portions were a little small. My wife had the fish, but it had no vegetables (unfortunately as per the menu) - and being the set menu, there was no opportunity for side dishes. Although the restaurant was not busy, we found it hard enough to attract staff's attention. First time ever we left a place feeling hungry. Maybe it's better for lunch or a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladieswholunchDined on 22/8/2014Good meal once again - it's a reliable meeting place. Service was very accommodating - we lingered a long time over drinks before moving to our table but it wasn't a problem. Very quick to bring extra orders - ie. we ordered chips only when the main course arrived and they were there within about 90 seconds!Special Features:
- Very convenient locationFianne71Dined on 18/8/2014I am a regular at Searcys St Pancras Grand primarily because of its convenient location/ The food is very consistent, though the service (kitchen rather than wait staff) can be a little erratic. Two visits in a row items ordered have not been delivered - this time it was a mixed salad. More care needs to be taken to ensure that all items are delivered. But overall it is a very pleasant restaurant.Special Features:
- ladieswholunchDined on 15/8/2014Excellent set price meal - £19 for 2 courses with a glass of bubbly. Service very friendly. Only criticism is that the fizz came at the same time as the starter. It would have been nice if that had come more quickly, as soon as we said we were going for that menu, so that we could savour the drink before the food came. This is a great location for meeting people who may have come by train from other parts of the country. I will be back (this week in fact!)Special Features:
- £15 Lunch menu with glass of fizzMalornaDined on 12/8/2014I went with a friend for lunch. We had the £15, 2 course al la carte set menu with a glass of pink fizz. You could not fault the food it was amazing. Menu: There are three choices to choose from, one consisting of a vegetarian option. I had the sea trout for my main which unfortunately was the last one available. This was the only downside especially as we ate at 1pm. Service and the restaurant were fantastic, as rather say they were out of a fish option, they automatically offered another choice of fish which was plaice. This was succulent and flavoursome. Please do not expect big portions, this is al la carte, with amazing flavours. Searcy’s is a great place to go for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok - ok - okbillyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Okay if you just wish to have a bite before you charge off on the Eurostar. Always expect a little more care and service levels at St. Pancras Grand. It's in a spectacular location in one of the world's greatest railway stations, that deserves that the team to up their game a little more. Have been over 10 times in the last few years with Clients and always hope for more. Perhaps next time...
- So good I've been 3 timesTaz68Dined on 8/8/2014They currently have a special offer of 3 course & a glass of fizz for £20. I took a friend for a birthday treat & have taken 2 other groups of friends since. The restaurant inside & out is fantastic, modern art deco, the staff very attentive but not in your face & the food not only tastes as good as it looks but is fantastic value. I've booked to go back again for another friends birthday in September & can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant & locationPearlOVIPDined on 6/8/2014I booked a pre-theatre deal here for friend sand I because we were meeting up in King's Cross and I had been to the champagne bar. The menu had enough choices for everyone and the staff were very friendly and helpful. You can't fault the location in the station for convenienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedManclassDined on 31/7/2014The restaurant setting is stunning in the fabulous St Pancras station. I found the interior a bit slick and 'nighclubby' and as it was a lovely summer day, not very appropriate. So we ate outside. We had booked the lunch special but the menu was unexciting so we went a la carte. My smoked haddock with poached egg and mustard sauce was very good. But my companion ordered the calves liver which proved disappointing. it was thickly sliced and very sinewy.(Calves liver should be thinly sliced and very tender) it was also expensive at £18 - not including vegetables. Service was Ok but it was very quiet so perhaps not surprising. So overall the experience was a bit disappointing:(
- A gem in the station.sandral88Dined on 26/7/2014Well, what can I say. It was absolutely lovely. We had the Open Table deal, two courses and a glass of fizz for £15. We had the chicken from the menu, and the New York cheesecake. Tasted wonderful. Excellent value for money and the staff were very attentive. What a gem. Loved it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastKaffDined on 26/7/2014Always lovely. We meet from the trains from champagne breakfast. The staff aren't the friendliest but they never mind that we all arrive at different times and are at the table for a long time. The salmon and scrambled egg is good. It would be nice to have a choice though!Special Features:
- Lunch @ Searcy'sKonradDined on 25/7/2014Searcy's St. Pancras Grand is a splendid luncheon venue, especially before leaving on a special journey (e.g on the Eurostar). The service was warm, welcoming and professional. The food very well presented, tasty and quick. The wine delicious. Little to fault in a very successful adieu to the UK for five international wanderers. I'd certainly repeat the experience.Special Features:
- A convenient locationFianne71Dined on 22/7/2014Searcy's St Pancras is a very convenient spot to meet commuting friends and I am very much a regular. The service was a little off the evening I attended - bar staff were slightly baffled by my request for a glass of sav blanc ( to be fair, it is a champagne bar, but it didn't seem like an unusual request). I was served the wrong sauce with my steak and the kitchen forgot my side salad. I think these service errors rested with the kitchen rather than our waiter who was trying hard to provide attentive service. A bit disappointing, but hopefully just a blip.Special Features:
- Always reliable...sk4foodVIPDined on 22/7/2014If you want a reliable place to eat before catching a train at St. Pancras, Searcy's is the answer. The main menu is quite comprehensive and the 'specials' menu is excellent value. The restaurant is part of the Champagne Bar on the station so the variety of champagnes on offer is comprehensive. The food is always consistent, well presented and full of flavour... we will return.Special Features:
- fab deal with fizzfizzDined on 18/7/2014Lovely choice onthe set menu - all 3 options for each course sounded fab! The food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious, and the pink fizz lovely. Staff were attentive but not over the top - a lovely relaxed evening would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie21Dined on 17/7/2014Fixed price menu good value. Quiet and able to hear one selves! Pleasant surroundings and no children.Special Features:
- FabulousVIPDined on 9/7/2014Portions very small. A la carte poor value though special deal reasonable value. Manager very understanding when we said potion of cheese and biscuits was very poor value and rectified it.
- IndiraDined on 7/7/2014Special deal makes this worthwhile. Quiet ambience, so good for conversation, but low lighting means don't bother to bring a book to read while waiting for your dining companion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatCochynVIPDined on 2/7/2014Treat to myself before a tough meeting..........I find Eggs Benedict does the job, every time. Go for the decor alone; superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value afternoon teaClaireCDined on 29/6/2014Took my parents for afternoon tea and we were given the choice of inside or out. Went inside, which had lovely decor and ambience. Quite a standard afternoon tea but of good quality, and for £15 with a glass of fizz, it really is a great offerSpecial Features:
- Small portions on set menuTruxDined on 28/6/2014We were left hungry after choosing to take the set menu. I wasn't that enamoured with the chicken either.
- KMKMJMVIPDined on 25/6/2014Service a bit on the slow side, which was particularly disappointing given it wasn't very busy.Special Features:
- A convenient spotFianne71Dined on 24/6/2014Searcys St Pancras Grand is a great spot to meet friends coming into St Pancras. Sometime the food can be a littlet variable, but our experience was excellent and the service was attentive. Recommended.Special Features:
- Absent serviceValerieVIPDined on 20/6/2014I have dinned at Searcys St Pancras Grand two times. Business meetings - once for breakfast and another for dinner and we had to beg for service. At the breakfast session, any time we wanted anything - our coffees or waters, etc, we had to go the the location of all the servers and ask for assistance. Our server would not make eye contact with us anytime she was in our area. For the dinner, we had to ask for service to begin - 20 minutes after we were seated with menus. During this time we were not offered drinks. Not even water. This was for 530 on a Friday and the restaurant was not busy. During our meal, the service moderately improved when the manager noticed we had to get up from our seats and ask for needed items. Shocking.
- Good for noisy catch-upsTallGentDined on 19/6/2014Good atmosphere and food. Service can be a little relaxed. Noisy background music but classySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeZcapVIPDined on 13/6/2014Great little place for a set menu - good food and service - especially with any toptable deal...Special Features: