Sen Nin Japanese Teppanyaki & Sushi Restaurant - Camden
35 Pratt Street
London, NW1 0BGNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
Sen Nin Japanese Teppanyaki & Sushi Restaurant - Camden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sen-nin.com/restaurant-9.html
- Phone: 020 7096 1276
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 3pm
Monday - Friday: 6pm - 11:30pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 5pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sen Nin Japanese Teppanyaki & Sushi Restaurant - Camden
Sen Nin Japanese Teppanyaki and Sushi restaurant, located in London on Camden's Pratt Street, is a hip spot to stop-off for a sushi-and-sake break, and this restaurant's relaxed, zen interior and excellent value-for-money menu attract a regular crowd of local scenesters, sushi enthusiasts and media folk. Everyone gathers in a group around teppanyaki grills in groups of ten, maybe orders a starter or two, then watches in delight as the chef performs, searing squid, meats, chicken and more. Sen Nin’s teppanyaki-style service guarantees a good show, and the theatrical chefs provide the perfect backdrop for first dates, pre-gig bites and fun nights out with friends. Sen Nin’s other Japanese menu specialties include fresh sushi, teppanyaki, tempura and soups with cocktails and chilled or hot sake on the side – we recommend the deluxe assorted sashimi platter, the udon gozen noodles with tempura prawns and vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sen Nin Japanese Teppanyaki & Sushi Restaurant - Camden reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since 23 November 2013
group bookings (89)special occasions (79)romance (28)fit for foodies (26)child friendly (22)good vegetarian options (20)outstanding value (18)business meals (14)disabled access (7)pre/post theatre (7)sunday lunch (4)outdoor eating (3)afternoon tea (2)brunch (1)Show More
- Too gimicky, OK food.DamngoodcookDined on 15/11/2014A lot of clanging and banging of utensils around. I saw every chef drop something during their presentation. Food was not worth all the fuss. The chef special roll was covered in what seemed like rice krispies, rather than 'tempura dust'. Nice for non-foodies, birthday parties and people who like to shout 'whoo!' during dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, Great experience, Friendly staffscrivukDined on 15/11/2014This was the 3rd time I had been to this place. The staff are friendly, tentative and happy to help you. The style of food and cooking make for a great experience and I picked Sen Nin because of this for my Mothers birthday. Food tasted lovely! They even got a candle out for us all to sing happy birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kind and professionaleleruggeriDined on 24/10/2014i had a late dinner with my boyfriend on saturday the 25th, and i have to say that i was extremely happy with everything about this restaurant. the sushi was delicious and all the food i ordered was so delicate and of high quality! also, the waiter who took our orders was extremely kind and helpful as well as professional. he also helped us when we didn't know where the nearest metro was and gave us directions. i am definitely looking forward to eat here again!Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceebtyDined on 22/10/2014Sen Nin is a japanese restaurant with high potential. Food is good but not amazing and no one in this place is japanese which made me feel skeptical. the Maitre d' was very condescending and arrogant when we asked for 3 separate bills.Special Features:
- Nice place, funny cooksIulianaDined on 4/10/2014the restaurant is small but its nice. Food was cooked in front of us, and I really enjoyed to watch the process. The cooks are very sociable and were trying to impress us by doing different tricks. The food was tasty, i recommend. The receptionist was helpful as well.Special Features:
- Great evening and food - FunTommygDined on 20/9/2014Booked this restaurant to introduce friends to Japanese food. We had great fun and the whole restaurant was involved in the different tricks and demos the chefs were doing at the other hot plates. Great atmosphere. Little bit pricey but overall was worth it.Special Features:
- Great food, and a showXmasRightsDined on 20/9/2014Always enjoyed teppanyaki, and this place does it very well. The chef was very charismatic, and had us smiling throughout the cooking. The price is a little bit steep for the food you get, but factoring the experience of watching the cooking, and all the tricks the chef was able to do, I'd say it's worth the price, and I would happily go again on another special occasion.Special Features:
- ok Tepaniaki optionDrViDined on 7/9/2014Had a nice evening with my gests. Was not impressed though. The selection of soft-drinks is a little poor, not much thrills on the food and the chefs could practice a little more there tricks. A little overpriced without a special offer.
- suzribeRibSDined on 6/9/2014I was disappointed with the way the handled our booking. We booked the restaurant to include a 50% off deal but found out on arrival that this does not cater for veggies even though I specified this in the comments field for the booking.Special Features:
- Dinner entertainmentNoobfaceDined on 6/9/2014Great food, and the chefs try to do all they can to entertain you. The set menu is a little pricey if not for the discount that was offered. Overall a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Not cheap but great funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The experience at Sen Nin is about more than the food, the chefs entertain and cook on hot plates at each set of benches. Food was good and ambience was great. We had the Imperial menu which was plenty of food.Special Features:
- Great with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014Excellent dining experience with a group of friends. Relaxed, informal ambience but not compromising on quality. Food is pricey but definitely good value with a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun entertainemtnYaxomVIPDined on 3/9/2014As it should be with teppanyaki (or so i think), it was the show by the chefs. Food was very good, had some good drinks on top. On the day we came they where very busy, packed actually. In turn it ment that it took a little to get served, but once one got the attention of waiters it was quick. On the plus was that the chefs entertained us guests, so one did not really mind waiting. Will come back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningjustusDined on 26/8/2014We took my husband's two teenage boys to the restaurant as they both loved sushi but had never experienced teppanyaki before. They loved the theatre of it and the food was fabulous! Would recommend this place highly!Special Features:
- Excellent!!YooksDined on 26/8/2014It was everything I was hoping for and expecting. Took my girlfriend to the restaurant for a birthday and was hoping they would put on a show which the chef did. Cooked excellent authentic Japanese food! We went on Super Tuesday so managed to eat and drink loads. Highly recommend and would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hen...LeneDined on 16/8/2014We booked for a hen night meal - the seating is perfect for a party of ten. The staff were very helpful in confirming number a few days beforehand - I also really appreciated the fact that when I had two last minute cancellations, they were very understanding. The wait staff were very attentive (we were only one of two tables - 7pm booking) and the chef was very funny and good fun! He had good fun with the bride to be and cooked a great meal! It was the perfect dinner interlude and the bride had a great laugh. Thanks to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LudivineLudivineDined on 12/8/2014We booked a table online for lunch with my colleagues. When we arrived, the restaurant was quite busy as it was a Tuesday (50% off every Tuesday for lunch). No one didn't seem to know about our booking. We waited an hour before being served, and were the last served in the restaurant. We didn't even have any commercial discount or voucher for that, even though the manager apologized several time. Moreover, even though the place is really nice and entertaining if you are sitted next to the cooking table (which we weren't at the beggining) the food isn't that amazing for it's price on the menu. Really disappointing.
- good food and showdivershanDined on 9/8/2014Food was brilliant , portioms were slightly small for the price. But overall was a good show with the chefs cooking right besides you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food...and entertainmentYumyumVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was good, ambience and the show chef were excellent . I preferred the starters to the main. We were sat at the corner of a table which meant that the waiting staff always had to push past us to serve the other side of the table. Staff also rudely interrupted conversation throughout the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sb008Dined on 4/8/2014We got the 50% off deal on the set menu. The food was fantastic - if we had paid full price it would have been quite expensive but with the discount good value for money, we couldn't have eaten another bite. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly, we went on a Monday night so it was quite quiet. I am sure on other nights the ambience would be better. The chefs were lovely but not as much theatrics as I have seen at other teppanyaki restaurants. Overall a nice evening though.
- hollywood teppanyakiingracejonesDined on 3/8/2014The food was fine, but unless you are in a "hen and stag night" mode I would really avoid this restaurant. This is the US version of Japanese teppanyaki - a show off steakhouse. Music was also terrible and loud. In short, I will not go back.Special Features:
- AverageBiancaDined on 30/7/2014We enjoyed the food a lot, and the show provided by the Teppaniyaki Chef, but a liitle overpriced for the quantity that you getSpecial Features:
- EvanDined on 26/7/2014Pretty good overall. Chefs are quite entertaining and the food good average. But soup and house wine leaves something to be desired!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dinner Entertainment!rayceylaydeyDined on 25/7/2014Whilst the good was utterly incredible, every course a delight, it was equally matched with an excellent spectacle of flames, food and fun!! We really enjoyed our night and the chef was definitely the highlight, funny and friendly he made the evening what it was and for that we thank him!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous Portion, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/7/2014The staff was very friendly. A nice dining experience with live cooking and very reasonably priced for London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodJubblyDined on 24/7/2014A great dining experience with fresh food served in such an entertaining way. They offer a great choice of food and it is cooked to perfection. The waiters and chefs are very friendly and so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yameee!!!!LovelyDined on 23/7/2014My friend recommended about Sennin and it's an amazing experience. Good food and great service though the restaurant was fully packed. Nice atmosphere & great value for food. Very tasty food!!!!Special Features:
- Entire EntertainmentMikeDined on 23/7/2014It was an early dinner with my friend. We seat in front of a cooking plate with nice street view by the window. Very friendly service & live cooking, I would recommend Sen-NIN as a great restaurant. The value and flavour of food is worth. Very friendly server & chef was entertaining as well. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great!bennyboyDined on 22/7/2014You get great food and entertainment, its a really fun night. + the mango mojitos are deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot inside,crowded,ignored by staffUnhappyCustomersDined on 15/7/2014The place was hot, and even we were sharp (we came 5 min before booked time), it was busy, so we had to wait outside. After 20 minutes, they seated us in the corner, with dirty table and ignored us for next 30 minutes. We didn't even get the drink! Place was clearly overbooked and under staffed. After that, we switched for Italian place, around the corner and it was much better!
- Simply amazingCharlotte83Dined on 8/7/2014All I can say that is that the food and service was brilliant. The whole experience was very entertaining and it's a real treat seeing the chefs cooking infront of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat outt4mishkaDined on 5/7/2014Wonderful service food and entertainment. Wish we had a restaurant near us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but things to improveTOMLCDined on 14/6/2014I loked the principle of a "show" during the dinner. but wasting food by throwing it to the mouth of customers should be avoided.Special Features:
- Great Value!makanmakanVIPDined on 11/6/2014It was a really good experience to eat there. The food was awesome and of course it worths the price, the staffs are really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wheelstomealsDined on 4/6/2014We chose one of the teppanyaki set meals which, on paper, looked very substantial, but in fact was no more than just enough. However, the quality of the food was very good with great flavours and the usual teppanyaki show to boot. Busy restaurant, bit cramped, nice atmosphere. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wendizzleDined on 31/5/2014Overall, the food was nice but pricey for what you received and no choice for the dessert? I liked the experience of having the food cooked in front of me, but I didn't like the fact that there were no vegetarian options included on the set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fun, decent foodneutronztableDined on 19/5/2014I would recommend this restaurant for a fun, informal meal. We had sushi to start, and then teppanyaki for our mains, which was cooked well, with a good level of flair. As others have commented, I have been to better sushi and teppanyaki restaurants, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit for good food at a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining diningPammieDined on 17/5/2014Sen Nin is a great place for group dining and especially good if you're into a bit of entertainment with your food. The Teppanyaki chefs are a lot of fun and make this a memorable dining experience for all.Special Features:
- OkJamesholmesbscDined on 9/5/2014Title says it all really, it was ok. We booked a table for 10pm, it was empty at that point....on a Friday. Food was decent, nothing special tbh. 5/10Special Features:
- Squeeze in!NandADined on 6/5/2014We booked for two and were wedged in at the corner than when we asked to be moved were seated at the back, right next to the toilets. Loud, completely chaotic. Great if you're with a few friends and don't mind the crush, not for a date or in fact chatting unless you don't mind shouting a bit. In fact, we left before even ordering.