17 Notting Hill Gate
London, W11 3JQNeighbourhood:
ChinesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://seventeen-london.com/
- Phone: 02079850006
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Monday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 5pm - 11:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Seventeen restaurant offers Private Dining facilities. We have a 14 seat VIP area and a 50 cover basement dining area. These can be hired as a whole or individually. We can create set menus designed specifically to your specifications or you can lets us pick a selection of our best dishes.
- Private Party Contact: Mark 02079850006
A word from Seventeen
A dynamic Oriental restaurant and bar located in the heart of Notting Hill, it offers authentic tastes of regional Chinese cooking, fine wine and classic cocktails. The dining area combines contemporary design with traditional Chinese antiques and décor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seventeen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great experienceVikramDined on 3/8/2013We had a great time at seventeen. The atmosphere was brilliant, service top notch and the food was delicious! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and this reallyStylishDiner30VIPDined on 2/8/2013Poor service and this really brings this place down. We had to wait 20 minutes for cocktails however, our meal arrived within minutes of ordering (leading me to think it was just re-heated). Food however was good but they kept on bringing over the wrong dishes and also spilt some of our cocktail over my friend ! generally felt like we were at Faulty Towers ! I probably won't go back.
- Great restaurantgabiDined on 31/7/2013Lovely decor, and nice staff - but I would not pay full price for what you get, booking through toptable and getting 50% off was what made it appealing. Portion sizes are quite small.Special Features:
- Dishonest and NOT what I expected!worldtravelDined on 27/7/2013I read all the reviews from supposedly previous customers who raved about the food as some of the best Chinese food in London and also saw the 50% off deal for last minute dining reservation.The food was mediocre, the ambience - no one in it--dark bleek and even hard to find. (The websites were stating there was only 1table left while in reality the whole restaurant was empty.) Anyway I thought i would get 50% off. But the manager said no they never offer that on any websites. The manager refused to honor the add on Table pouncers of 50% off even after he was caught in a lie of claiming that they didn't advertise 50% off on any website. Hopefully this review will help people not get swindled on vacation. This is a dishonest restaurant.
- disappointed39NottingHillDined on 26/7/2013Went for a Friday night dinner with my wife and came back disappointed. First of all, although the restaurant didn't look busy at all, it took good 20 minutes for our first drinks to arrive. When the food came, the soup was in the cheapest plastic bowl you could imagine, which was totally at odds with the chic decor of the place. The food was not impressive to say the least; for instance, you don't call your dumplings shao long bao if there is no soup in it.
- This place has really goneAssosDined on 20/7/2013This place has really gone downhill. Its used to serve terrific Chinese food but we had stale crackers (twice), the wrong rice was brought and also tasted like it had been sitting around and the food generally certainly isnt worth the price. Go to Royal China (close by) every time instead. What a shame.
- Food was okay. 50% offer is a catchBhagirathDined on 18/7/2013We booked this restaurant through Toptable with 50% off. However, after eating it turned out that this offer (50%) is not available. Even today on toptable it is showing that this restaurant is offering 50% off for food. So I dont know it by Toptable or Seventeen but this offer is a catch.Special Features:
- Great AtmospherePresident1Dined on 12/7/2013It's not my first time in Seventeen. I like to go there for dinner. I find the atmosphere very nice, overall in the basement floor. Excellent for a romantic dinner with your partner or someone you like. Food is very good. Dim Sum and Crispy Duck with the amazing souce are my favourite options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPemkDined on 8/7/2013Excellent food in a lovely setting but service disappointing. Our main meals arrived about 10 minutes apart and when we were given the bill we waited half an hour for someone to come and take the payment. Good value for money especially with the 50% discount and happy hour cocktails. The sea bass was the best we've ever tasted. We would definitely return to Seventeen and recommend it to friends but hopefully the service will improve next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just go!50% off food was brilliant!toonzDined on 7/7/2013just go!50% off food was brilliant! our waiter BING was fabulous..great eveningSpecial Features:
- The best cocktails in LondonLaneyDined on 4/7/2013In my experience Seventeen has the best cocktails in London! Our group of friends regularly head back here because we're guaranteed to have an enjoyable evening. The food never lets us down, although the steamed sea bass took a while to come, it was well worth the wait. We'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant Evening!FoodloversDined on 3/7/2013We have often been past this restaurant saying that we should go in so we went here after work and the deal was 50% off of food so it was the perfect reason to go! We were sat on the ground floor of the restaurant and having seen the downstairs part of the restaurant, I would prefer to sit there next time as it had a cool ambience. There was 1 waiter looking after the 6 tables upstairs and he was outstanding! Very attentive and not in your face all the time. We ordered starters and dim sum and the food was some of the best dim sum we have tried! We had a lovely evening and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time visiting, not a good idea3chinesegirlsDined on 3/7/2013It was the 3rd time visiting through Toptable at last minute. It's never a problem get a table. (Now i know why) Compare with last 2 times, this was not up for a standard. The food taste awful, had a dish mean to taste hot and spice, but there was hardly any taste inside. Sent it back to the kitchen, they only added some salt and brought it back. Had to cancel the dish in the end after a lot of negotiation. The staff doesn't seem to care what the food taste like either which is very disappointing for customers I will not return and will no longer recommend to any friends that likes chinese food.Special Features:
- Poor serviceBifoldDined on 1/7/2013Food was ok but service horrific. Dishes coming out at different times, often cold, jug of water provided was warm and they had to be reminded about drinks.
- our evening at seventeenblacbeautyDined on 29/6/2013My overall experience as a first time diner was excellent the food was amazing the staff was friendly and all in all I had a good evening. However the restaurant itself was a bit cold as the air conditioning was a too high (personally preference of course standing). Also when they brought out our mains half the food went cold as we waited for our rice and noddles, and had to be sent back to be re heated quicker service in this area would be beneficial. The minor issues aside I would return to seventeen and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, loud and awful musicKitsosDined on 28/6/2013Also the service was bad due to understaffing but our waitress made a commendable effort to compensate.Special Features:
- Excellent valueBabsVIPDined on 27/6/2013We booked with their 50% off food offer and the value for money was fantastic. Great place for a casual relaxed meal. Waiters were a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, loved theJAW300Dined on 24/6/2013Great restaurant, loved the interior and group dining area. Good food, but a bit over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceGreedyDined on 23/6/2013Visited this restaurant for the first time for Sunday lunch. The restaurant was beautifully decorated but it was very quiet - the road-works outside the restaurant may have contributed to this. Despite having only 2 covers, the food was slow in coming and the waiter seemed more interested in the road outside that the custom inside. The food, when it arrived was very tasty and good value with the TT 50% off food offer.Special Features:
- Great value, poor servicefoodie2011Dined on 22/6/2013While the 40% deal was fantastic and meant we ordered lots of delicious dishes from the menu, the service was really disappointing. It was very slow, and the dishes for each course were not brought out at the same time. For example, in the main course, the noodles were brought out 10 minutes before anything else and were stone-cold once the other dishes arrived. And the egg-fried rice came 15 minutes after we had finished the main course! Apart from the service, the value is very good.Special Features:
- Acceptable after seatedFSWoDined on 22/6/2013I took my family there for a pre-theatre meal. There was barely any staff (or patrons for that matter). Could not find any staff upon entering however they were very friendly during the meal. Food was good. It was fine but not particularly memorable.
- Good food but poor serviceAmsMarieDined on 19/6/2013The food was good value and done to a high standard but it was let down by the service. We were only a group of 7 and it felt like they had forgotten about us. It took a while to order and then when the food came it came out sparingly so the rice was pretty cold by the time the main dish came. 1 dish was forgotten and then I had to remind them twice that the dim sum dish hadn't come. They said it was being made from scratch so it took a little longer but then never turned up. I wouldn't go back as a big group but would probably go if it was just a table for 2.Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere and good foodMrABCDined on 16/6/2013Ambience was amazing -restaurant is very nicely decorated. Food was good quality too. With TT 50% off well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i visited on fathers day sotkayDined on 16/6/2013i visited on fathers day so it was a special day. ive never been to a restraunt where u were sat by the phone. however we were moved even though i had mentioned going downstairs were there is additional seating but was told it was too dark. i am a chef and i know what to expect but i wasnt expecting for our food to come at 5-10min intervals. my dad was hungry and it was his day but he was the last to be fed. im sorry i do not understand how this place comes recommend. the food was ok but it was a shame. and we waited 20mins for our drinks absolutley ridiculous especially when it wasnt busy. hugely dissaponted. i will never go back againSpecial Features:
- Seventeen was a good Chinese.KrishDined on 12/6/2013Seventeen was a good Chinese. However, without the offer (50% off) I would have found the standard of the food lower than the suggested price. The selection on the menu was varied, and it was a good atmosphere for either a relaxed dinner or group booking.Special Features:
- Ordinary...not terribly friendly.PRPRDined on 11/6/2013Ordinary...not terribly friendly. Food OK but nothing special. Service very hit and miss...another table got some of our food...and ate it! Second visit with toptable booking....second time bill presented without discount.
- Better than ChinatownAdamDined on 10/6/2013The food is gorgeous. The squid starter is juicy and spicy. Decor is stylish. Service is great. With 50% off, the food is no more than a Chinese takeaway. Eat here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChinesecharlieboyDined on 9/6/2013Very good food with attentive service in a well decorated restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor ServiceplimsollDined on 8/6/2013Firstly the good I thought the food was very good and different from the usual fare from a Chinese Restaurant. In addition to this with the 40% off food offer I think it represented very good value for money. However whilst eating our mains which we were sharing between us the waiter came and took one of the dishes away obviously thinking we had eaten all that we had wanted, we had not! It would not have been difficult to ask if we had finished the dish and I do not expect to have to ask a waiter to retrieve food I was paying for. It was a shame that one incident had to sour a good meal.Special Features:
- Great food. Exceptional valuepopcornDined on 8/6/2013Great food. Exceptional value with toptable discountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food for thoughtLove2eatDined on 7/6/2013A nice relaxing time with the ladies, as it was there first time, they really enjoyed them self and loved the food and cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Very nice food, lovely peopleeatmequickDined on 7/6/2013Very nice food, lovely people and cool dining room - had a very enjoyable time here with my kids. I've been looking for a decent Chinese restaurant in the area after many disappointing meals at local and established alternatives. Also had a delicious bottle of Pinot Grigio, a bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked a table at last minute3chinesegirlsDined on 4/6/2013Booked a table at last minute through TopTable for just 2 of us. The food came relevantly quick enough. As chinese myself, I wouldn't call it authentic. But it tasted fine. If I didn't get 50% off food bill through toptable, I think the price is a bit expensive. So definitely book through toptable to get the deal. There were some other reviews about bad service. But the service i received was quite good. The plus point is the decoration. There is very nice interior design inside, I liked the environment very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seventeen NottinghillStar78Dined on 31/5/2013My fourth visit to Seventeen has been disappointing. The service which is usually average was poor, we waited 30 minutes from sitting to receiving our drinks, food took some time to come and was very average. On previous occasions food was good especially with 50% TT offer, but after this visit we won't be returning, over priced, beautiful venue with poor service.
- Good value disappointing serviceMiniweddersVIPDined on 25/5/2013I ate here with three others, whilst it was great value for money, (drinks were really expensive though) the service was disappointing. The waitresses were rude and unattentive, they messed up our order quite a few times meaning we had to send food back and wait around for it, we were rushed out of the restaurant which to be honest was a bit rich, given that the waitress/kitchen messing up our order was the reason why our meal was delayed. It was also SO hot in the downstairs area that it made it difficult to enjoy the meal - when we asked for the air conditioning to be turned on the waitress just looked at us and said 'cannot change'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent chinese food but notVR82Dined on 23/5/2013Decent chinese food but not sure I would pay full price on the food otherwise would go back with this offer.
- ExcellentLittlemissDined on 22/5/2013Myself and my family are big fans of Seventeen.....food and service are excellent. Well worth a visit...or several in our case
- Good and will go backRajeDined on 21/5/2013It was a Tue so we were the only people in the restaurant so there was a lack of atmosphere. Other than that it was very good if expensive, but with 50% off worth a visit. Will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCdedavisDined on 20/5/2013simply outstanding service and the food is just as high in standard. I have been dining here for over a year now and still yet to have a less than excellent experienceSpecial Features:
- Pretty averageMehhDined on 18/5/2013Our soup starters were very good, unfortunately this didn't carry through to our main courses. My Kung Pao chicken was pretty average and my husband's pork, although flavoursome, had way too much fat. It started making him feel sick halfway through. Our main courses also came at different times - I had to wait at least 10 minutes before mine arrived!