Sheraz Bangla Lounge
13 Brick Lane
London, E1 6PUNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Sheraz Bangla Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sheraz.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072475755
- Hours of Operation:
Mon, Sat, Sun: 12:00pm - 11:59pm Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 11:59pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sheraz Bangla Lounge
Outside of Asia itself there’s nowhere more famous to enjoy a curry than East London’s Brick Lane, home to the Sheraz Bangla Lounge. Sheraz is one of many Indian and Bangladeshi restaurants on this famous street but it’s undoubtedly one of the best. With its simple and classic décor, the ambience is pure relaxation making Sheraz an escape from the pavement pounding masses of Banglatown and just the place in which to enjoy delicious food. A seemingly neverending menu is packed with well known and unusual Indian and Bengali dishes to suit all tastes from Tandoori favourites to mouthwatering marinated meats and vegetarian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sheraz Bangla Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since 20 May 2014
- Confused...SHIRAZDined on 10/5/2014My friends and I were totally confused when we arrived at the restaurant at our booked time, only to find it closed with the chairs up on the tables.We did see a guy on his mobile phone sitting at the back but decided to find somewhere else to eat. We had received a reminder email a few days earlier confirming our booking so not too sure what was going on.
- Very goodpandccartDined on 16/2/2013We ate here on Saturday 16th Feb. We made an early booking (5:30pm) as we were going on a Jack The Ripper tour at 7:30pm that evening. The staff were very attentive and the food was delicious. Although we were the only people dining at the time as it was so early, the atmosphere and ambience were good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great findCurryloverDined on 19/1/2013First went here 2 years ago for a friend's birthday and they never disappoint! If you're feeling hungry and want a bargain ask for the set menu. They always seem pretty quiet, but I don't know why - food is great, staff really friendly and you can get there without running the Brick Lane gauntlet of restauranteurs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place definitely recommendSamanthaVIPDined on 12/1/2013This was about my 5th visit to the Sheraz Bangla lane. Place is very clean, modern, excellent flavours with brilliant staff. Always have a great time with my family when we come here.
- it was okStevenVIPDined on 4/1/2013What can you expect for £10? Food was ok, have had a lot of better currys but it was good value, can't really expect moreSpecial Features:
- Great value at Sheraz BanglaDavidVIPDined on 31/12/2012Sheraz is popular with us because as well as great value, it is clean and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very nice - not spectacularOccasionalGorgerDined on 20/12/2012We were a party of 4 who had the 5 course deal for £14 which is fantastic value and they really give you good portions with the mains and rice. The food was delicious but not spectacular hence why I wouldn't necessarily reccommend this restaurant unless a friend wanted a safe bet. The only qualms I had and why I have rated the Sheraz Bangla Lounge as just good is that we were being pushed to order very quickly even though it was a week night and the restaurant wasn't full - we all agreed we would have preferred a more leisurely staff approach. Moreover the food wasn't hot - one dish almost cold - which didn't delight us.Special Features:
- fantastic service smashing foodbillieDined on 9/12/2012we have used this place on numerous occasions over the years and we have ALWAYS enjoyed the food and service is second to none. I hope you visit this place you wont be disapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not amazingwinanddine21VIPDined on 7/12/2012The problem with this restaurant for me, was I was going having experienced other restaurants on Brick Lane. With this being said, it had a lot to live up to and it just didn't quite manage it. The food was not as flavoursome as others I've been to (ended up having to add my own salt!), and I found the general atmosphere quite sterile. Furthermore, the bill ended up being more compared to other restaurants with better food on Brick Lane, so all in all, I won't be returning. With this being said, it was by no means terrible - and I think I am being harsh simply because my expectations were very high because of nearby competitors which I prefer.Special Features:
- Good foodMazza08Dined on 7/12/2012The food was good, however as Glaswegians we are used to a very high standard of Asian food. The food we had was enjoyable, but not up to the standard we are used to in Glasgow. That's not a reflection on the restaurant, perhaps we should have chosen something hotter from the menu.Special Features:
- I enjoyed my experience atfortheloveoffoodDined on 30/11/2012I enjoyed my experience at Sheraz Bangla Lounge, where I had dinner with a friend. Service was very friendly, not pushy at all, and helpful. The quality of the food was great, and I especially loved the starters - I had an assortment of onion bhaji, tuna samosa and chicken puri. The mains were copious compared to my previous experiences at other restaurants, and this was very welcome. The quality of the food was great, and the spice level was true to description - I had a medium curry, and it suited my tastes just right. Overall, a wonderful experience and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value for Moneyjjb1333Dined on 30/11/2012Excellent service , the waiters were friendly and not in your face, they didnt keep hovering as ive experienced in other restaurants,The Food was very tasty and freshly cooked,and the portions were generous. We were even given complimentary side dishes, The Restaurant was spotlessly clean including the toilets. I will definately be going again and recomending it to others..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueBrickLaneVirginDined on 23/11/2012The food was of a decent standard but the value for money was what attracted me to book this restaurant in the first place. Although as mentioned the 3rd course is actually the rice or nan bread I dont think that this detracted from the meal at all. The only thing lacking was a bit of service, it was very slow at times and we had to ask several times to get another drink. Would go back again with this deal though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valuelove4foodDined on 10/11/2012Very pleased with the service. Very good value for money. I would recommend this restaurant for groups and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not terribleAn12Dined on 2/11/2012This restaurant was ok, but they did not help themselves. I booked the 5 course deal. It was nothing like 5 courses. They counted popadoms as one course. They counted the curry part (eg Korma) & the side (eg rice) as two courses. So that is three courses. Drinks were not included, even as s separate course, so that was on top. I ordered the a la cart instead, and my mild curry was very nice. The rice was a bit naff, instead of being fluffy, the rice looked in bits, as though it had been roughly scraped from a pot. The service was very good, and the decor was better than average for what can be a very ratty Brick Lane. Misrepresenting what the courses are is a big point against them though. Im sure it was a mistake, but they must be careful.
- Well worth a visit.WBruvversDined on 1/11/2012Five of us dined here after a social meeting in the afternoon. As usual, the food was superb, as was the service, and all for a very reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap & CheerfulEY27NHDined on 25/9/2012The title says it all! Fancy Indian but have a low budget? Visit Sheraz - they have a £10 3 course meal plus drink, bear in mind the 3rd course is NOT a dessert but either rice/naan. Food is appealing, friendly and welcoming staff and clean and tidy restaurant. Ideal for group bookings i.e. work meetups or birthdays but also good for family/romantic meals. Can't go wrong for a tenner, give it a go :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem - highly recommended.HappyVIPDined on 21/9/2012This is a little gem on Brick Lane. The food was very good, and the service was outstanding. Very friendly, very welcoming and great value. Without asking, and for no particular reason, they offered free chapatti's, free bottled water and free tea and coffee (the spiced tea was particularly good). Next time I go to Brick Lane i will go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable valueg0f1shDined on 20/9/2012£9.95 for 2 courses and a drink, and on top of that we were given a complimentary side dish by the chef. The food wasn't the best I've tasted on Brick Lane, but for that price I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitWatchurwalletDined on 20/9/2012We booked online for the £9.95 3-course special menu which includes a glass of beer or wine. There was a good choice of main courses (numerous chicken, lamb or vegetable options). The service was courteous - we were even offered a complimentary coffee at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencescarletDined on 13/9/2012We eat in Sheraz lounge in Brick Lane taking advantage of their special menu . Poppadoms , starter and a main course ( with rice or Nan bread )and a small beer or a glass of wine for less than a tenner . AMAZING value . Service was good and we had no complaints about the quality of food served . Restaurant was clean and stylish and the toilets were immaculate . We will definitely eat here again . Try it ... you won't be disappointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yet again another good valueGroveterraVIPDined on 8/9/2012yet again another good value meal at the Sheraz Bangla Lounge, if you like good Indian curries at a very reasonable cost, £9.95 for 5 courses, give it a go.Special Features:
- Great value for money!LdewetDined on 6/9/2012We went to Sheraz Bangla for dinner and couldn't believe the amount of food we got for £9.95, great value for money and very smart restaurant!Special Features:
- Cheap and CheerfulChikaDined on 3/9/2012The place was easy to find and available parking. We were pleasantly greeted by a staff member and shown to our table. The decor was modern nothing too fancy. The set menu hosted a choice of Indian classics in lamb, chicken or vegetarian (for mains). The food was delicious and not oily. The portions are large, fortunately they is an option to take the leftovers home. I must highlight the 3rd course is the rice. YES rice, not dessert. I thought this was a bit cheeky however considering the price for the meal I didn't make a fuss. If you’re looking for cheap and cheerful this is the destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful intro to Asian cuisineSouthernsoftiesDined on 27/8/2012Whilst holidaying in London we wanted to take our 8 year old for his first "Indian" in a restaurant. We chose Sheraz Bangla lounge from reviews and it was excellent value. Service was attentive, but unobtrusive. We arrived slightly early but this was not a problem. Food delicious and the Bollywood musical being shown added a lovely cheerful note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit didn't disappointAnonDined on 25/8/2012This is the second time I have used this restaurant and the experience was just as good as the first. My first visit to this restaurant was with friends early one weekday evening and on this occasion I took my family early on a Saturday evening. The food, service and value offered by the £9.95 menu is superb - I would definitely visit this retaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealJaneDined on 24/8/2012Food was tasty and it was amazing value. We had the 5 courses deal and were given huge amounts of food. Shame we weren't able to finish it all. I would definitely reccommend it if you're looking for cuirry in brick lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adequate but nothing specialcurryloverDined on 18/8/2012Although the restaurant and service were pleasant enough the food was dull. The starters were too greasy and the Mains although we ordered very different dishes looked and tasted exactly the same. Not worth returning to. Oh and the poppadoms were stale.Special Features:
- Great little findCel16Dined on 8/8/2012Food and service were brilliant. Even when I had to send my curry back and it nearly blew my socks off they were more then happy to bring me a milder version.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brick :Lane Treasurebarb34747Dined on 6/8/2012Great value lunch thanks to Top Table offer. Choice of starter, main course, side dish, poppadums and a drink for under 10 pounds. Service was amazingly attentive and polite. Extremely clean. A real Brick Lane treasure. will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sheraz!SarahJ372Dined on 6/8/2012Food fantastic and service excellent. Unbelieveable value for London. Everything was fresh and cooked to order. This was our second time at the Sheraz and we will certainly be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteful RestaurantJanBDined on 28/7/2012At the quiet end of Brick Lane which isn't a bad thing - no touting for business which isn't needed as this restaurant speaks for itself. It is very spacious and modern and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for moneyLanaDined on 26/6/2012Sheraz Banngla Lounge is a great place on Brick Lane. We have been before and will go again as it is a great value for money, food is very tasty and staff friendly. Thank you for a great dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going out on a limb to pleaseBitofafoodieDined on 21/5/2012Ditto every good thing said about the Sheraz Bangla Lounge. Nice staff, service, food and surroundings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 20/5/2012The deal is fine - but obviously it;s not 5 courses (rice is not a course, neither is a veg side dish). Didn't like how they'd placed bottled water on the table before we'd arrived. Food was fine; I get just as good value from my local take away which is better and has those prices everyday, not just on an "offer". Also service was really slow despite it not being busy. Wouldn't make a point of going again, but wouldn't avoid...Special Features:
- Lunch at Sheraz Bangla Lounge,redmarkDined on 17/5/2012Lunch at Sheraz Bangla Lounge, Brick Lane, London. We booked the '3 courses for £9.95 including a complimentary drink' offer and this proved to be excellent value. Poppadoms + chutney, then choice of 3 multi item starters followed by chicken/lamb/vegetable main course in full range of indian sauce varieties from mild to very hot plus a side. Tasty and good quality, served by friendly waiting staff. No idea how it compares with others in the area but I would definitely return.
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 16/5/2012Food was excellent and service is outstanding. The staff is very polite. Nice ambience.
- Had an enjoyable dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 13/5/2012Had an enjoyable dinner at Sheraz, good food in generous portions.
- does what it says on the tin.NewdonDined on 12/5/2012does what it says on the tin. Great value, sooo much foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- As with every review here,MongooseNick1987Dined on 12/5/2012As with every review here, this really is a fantastic offer. The food is very good and service is polite and unintrusive. The restaurant seems very new so I would guess this offer is to generate business and won't be around for ever but check it out whilst you can! My friend had their Phaal and said it was nice but nowhere near hot enough, my dopiaza was lovely though.