Ship Inn - Weymouth
Custom House Quay
Weymouth, DT4 8BENeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
Ship Inn - Weymouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shipweymouth.co.uk/
- Phone: 01305773879
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday to Sunday 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Dinner:Monday to Thursday and Sunday 6:00 pm to 9:00pm
Dinner:Friday & Saturday 6:00pm to 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ship Inn - Weymouth
Why not treat the real ale lover in your life with our Countryside Sett Gift Box, 12 Bottles of Badger Ale in a beautiful display box. Available to order now in house.Continued
Unfortunately we are unable to accept online table bookings for our outdoor tables.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept online table bookings for our outdoor tables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ship Inn - Weymouth - Best restaurants in Weymouth ›
Ship Inn - Weymouth reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (12)romance (10)group bookings (10)sunday lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)outstanding value (4)child friendly (3)brunch (2)business meals (1)disabled access (1)good vegetarian options (1)outdoor eating (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- Weymouth VisitorJohnnyWDined on 2/9/2014Nice food, nice clean resaurant, good atmosphere, food and beer good but a bit on the pricey side. The only disappointing thing was the asked to have the use of an empty table for 2 by the window overlooking the harbour, we were told no due to it being booked, there was no "reserved" sign on the table and no one turned up to use it whilst we were in the restaurant, I felt that we had not been very politely treated in this instance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HuggybearDined on 23/8/2014We had a very enjoyable evening and appreciated the window seat. Food was good and service too very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Always excellentAmyloutayDined on 20/8/2014Our first port of call for family lunches in the bar or the upstairs restaurant for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great menu; delicious food.GoldenBoyDined on 15/8/2014We visited the restaurant on a Friday night in a group of 6. The resurant was far too warm if we had sat near the kitchen but much better where we sat away from it. The view over the river from some tables is excellent. The menu choices were diverse and interesting. We were all very happy with the quality of the food. Mini-sweets are offered at £2 each and are a fantastic idea if you want a small sweet taster after an already good sized meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening meal in restaurantweymouthlocalDined on 24/6/2014good service, uninspiring menu for the prices asked, pretentious presentation of ham hock terrine in a small pot, no bread offered with whitebait starter, when asked for we received a slice of supermarket white and a knob of butter, steak pie was small, my fried fish combo was average, chips a bit soggy, served with a sweet curry sauce, weird, a couple of chips got dipped, not inspiring. house red was excellent for price.
- Really nice meal.PolishfoodieDined on 28/5/2014Had a great time at the Ship Inn. The wine was great value as was the food. Really great atmoshere. Had the glazed rump steak and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuttonDined on 27/5/2014Lovely setting overlooking the harbour. Staff were incredibly helpful and attentive throughout. Terrific decor and spotlessly clean. There was limited choice on the menu but the food was well presented. That is apart from one of our party that had Homity Pie. It was dry, unappetising and looked as if it had been sitting under the hot plate lights for too long. This was a maor disappoinment as the rest of the expeience had been so positive.Special Features:
- Harbour side venueBessieBDined on 12/4/2014We booked following recommendation from colleagues at work as taking visiting family out to supper. It was very easy to book on-line and gave a great range of food options to suit all tastes. It is in a great spot by the harbour, provided good value for money and we would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing second time round.HoneyDined on 10/4/2014Having eaten here once before I arranged to meet a friend for lunch at 12.30. She was about 5 minutes late but we ordered drinks and our food within about 20 minutes We then sat and waited....and waited........ and waited. Our friend had an appointment nearby at 2.30 and had to leave at 2.20. By this time my wife and I were still waiting for our dessert - how long does it take to serve up ice cream?? We asked for the bill and left, without our ice cream, at 10 to 3. We were given a refund of £6 but would rather have had the ice cream. We are very happy with Hall & Woodhouse pubs normally as we feel we can guarantee good food & good service. This is the first time we have been let down and I hope the last.
- A very good meal and the serviceMalcieDined on 23/3/2014A very good meal and the service was good. It was a sunday evening so it was a very quiet night. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitHappyEaterDined on 22/2/2014Took family to celebrate Mum's birthday. Both in their 80's so struggled with stairs. Round table beautifully decorated, made to feel very welcome, staff very attentive and after studying a good selection from menu, orders taken. Not long before food arrived, piping hot and absolutely delicious, washed down with a very nice french red wine. Have been before for Christmas meal and works do, but in the bar down stairs, same standard of service and food. Definately will be going back and recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my wife and I came here forgaznjuneDined on 14/2/2014my wife and I came here for a second year running to celebrate valentines night and also our wedding anniversary, the staff were friendly upstairs in the restaurant attentive and always around to help, they even went the extra mile and gave us an unordered desert free as a anniversary gift which was a lovely touch, will be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent romantic settingCheffyDined on 3/1/2014Me and my girlfriend had a wonderful dining experience here and the staff were so attentive. Me being a chef I am always picky about the food but could not fault it. By far the best steak I have ever eaten! Felt such a fool after leaving as had complimented the chef so highly and I didn't tip a penny.. Sorry :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening mealBigSteve4Dined on 28/12/2013The restaurant was very nice, we were sat down and offered drinks on arrival. The food was good and very reasonable. the only comment we could make is how quick the meals came up,no sooner had we finished our starters than our mains were served without a break at all. The staff were all very polite and very helpful especially the barman who sorted out the time ofour booking as we had two different times from ToptableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weymouth ship inn reviewBenjaminDined on 5/12/2013very good , took my girlfriend their for our anniversary , very pleased with how our night went :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Ship Inn - Weymouth reviews archive.
- The RosiesRosiesDined on 29/8/2013We visited the restaurant early July with some friends and it was absolutely fabulous so we booked again for our Wedding Anniversary and again it was outstanding. The third booking was for a birthday and there were 14 of us and we were very disappointed - shoved in a back room and ignored. Waitress was very rude when we asked for drinks menu and had to asked for menu for starters.Special Features:
- Nice EveningOMG5Dined on 21/8/2013When we arrived we where sat in a corner which had a lovely veiw, but there was a big table which were very loud we could not hear ourselves speak. We asked if we could be moved, and the waiter moved us to the other side of the room, from then on we had a lovely meal and a nice time. The waiter was very pleasent and very helpful. It was such a lovely meal and a nice pleace to eat that we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwats goodfoodymumDined on 17/8/2013We eat at the ship regularly and love it. The food is always decent quality and nice to see the menu isn't just the usual pub grub. Staff are excellent, nothing is too much trouble.Special Features:
- Great choice for anniversary mealHolidaydinerDined on 3/8/2013We booked our table online and asked for a window seat as it was our wedding anniversary. On arrival we were led to our table which was located in the best window in the restaurant with added candles and decorated with confetti. During our meal we were served by different staff who all wished us a 'happy anniversary'. Food and service were excellent. We had a lovely evening which was added to by the extra little touches made by the staff. Really impressed with the overall experience and would definitely recommend. We have been visiting this restaurant whilst on holiday for the past 3 years and the quality of the food and service has remained consistently high. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfactoryMarjoriedawsDined on 12/7/2013Food overpriced, too small portions and not particularly fresh in some instances. Staff very friendly and efficient.
- We booked for 8pm but hadJimboDined on 16/6/2013We booked for 8pm but had to wait 20 minutes for our table. Three of us ordered the haddock dish which we all found very disappointing in flavour, appearance and quantity. One of our party had a burger which she felt contained poor quality meat. The staff were very polite and professional but this was not reflected in the food.
- MenuSoobearsDined on 2/6/2013The menu was great, starter very good but main course choice was NOT as per the menu. It was supposed to be chicken wrapped in prosciutto but it was a peice of chicken beaten flat to about a quarter of an inch thick and fried in a tasteless batter. The non menu chicken spoiled what should have been a fabulous evening. I might visit again but will avoid that choice as it was pretty unpalatable. Service good under the circumstances. Hope you adjust the menu, food, or chat to the cook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingGary75Dined on 29/5/2013Good food, lovely setting overlooking the old harbour. Would recommend for couples or families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ship at Weymouth deliverskevhDined on 25/5/2013Well done, excellent food presented with quaint ideas. Friendly service and very pleasant surrounding with the view of the habour in the evening sunshine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good optionsswanDined on 11/5/2013Very pleased to find interesting options for both meat eaters and vegetarians. The booking system was very easy and effortless to book a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the ambiencejude22Dined on 4/4/2013The Ship offers a good varied menu at reasonable prices, and a good wine list. The staff are friendly and helpful. The ambience and location make a very pleasurable dining experience. First time I had booked online, and couldn't be easier.Special Features:
- Always good foodDave1969Dined on 30/3/2013Have been to the Ship many times and am always impressed with the menu. Good quality ingredients expertly cooked. A great location and pleasant attentive serving staff make for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Yummy, friendlyHortakonDined on 16/2/2013Great fun for Saturday dinner. The staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Food was really good - check out the creme brûlée. My favourite place in WeymouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent butWendyWooDined on 5/12/2012The food was excellent but the wine was not very nice at all. We had the fifth option (I think) it was the more expensive Cardonnay & it was pretty horribe, but its too late to do anything once the bottle is opened! That's why I marked the overall experience down despite lovely food and good service.Special Features:
- A very good quality gastropubDoubledinersDined on 30/11/2012A very good quality gastropub with views across Weymouth Harbour. Especially enjoyed the smoked haddock dish..good to have something a bit different from the usual pub menus. Very helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantNormDined on 6/11/2012Lovely atmosphere; excellent service, accommodating chef; reasonably priced. Nice position on the harbour-side. Parking free in Weymouth over winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslittleleeDined on 27/10/2012Lovly place too meet up with freinds chilling out havingva drink and a meal.staff excellent nothing too much trouble recommend to any body.Special Features:
- wonderfulamandaDined on 18/8/2012me and my partner were celebrating our 3rd year together, and have visited both weymouth and the ship inn twice before. not only is the location beautiful and romantic with the docks and lights but the ship inn restaurant interior is wonderful with its imitation of inside a ship with broad beams with hanging lanterns. the food is exquisite and modestly priced. not only this the two waitress we had that night were so lovely and welcoming, they made our night enjoyable and complete. i would highly recommend if you ever visit weymouth or you have the pleasure to be living there then the ship inn would be my local without a doubtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable, with a harbour locationGarganeyDined on 18/8/2012Chose this busy pub because of its location, safe menu (there's something suitable on it for everyone) and value for money, as we were a party of six coming from all parts of town. Good for beers and ciders but perhaps not for wine judging by the sauvignon blanc we had. Food was tasty and well prepared though and the service was good. Popular so I'd advise booking groups in advance in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ship Inn WeymouthGD01Dined on 11/8/2012Excellent meal, in great surroundings, with magnificent views over the harbour! What more can I say, one of our favourites in Weymouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ship Review - Not So Good..Bluerey999Dined on 29/7/2012Staff on a couple of occassions dropped dirty cutlery on laps. The table was for a 50th Birthday and I was promised some extra service and Balloons but all we got was some Birthday confetti. I had to give the Irish Coffee back as it tasted awfull - like dish water to be advised that a customer last week had also complained about the Irish coffee. I was advised it was a change in brand... Not my problem really as I am paying £3.75 for a good liquer coffee. So not the best experience and was really bothered as I had swapped venue's due to other recommendation. I advised on booking that one of the party was disabled to find stairs was the only way to get the the restaurant, so that took some negotiating.Special Features:
- The service was good. TheseafoodieDined on 23/6/2012The service was good. The surroundings good. Food only ok It would have been nice to have a blackboard menu with some local fish. I was entertaining a client and the menu was the same as any low market pub grub, what a waste in our locality!!Special Features:
- Weymouth residentDameswotdineDined on 22/6/2012A nice place to visit on the harbour and entertain visitors. Good choices on the menu. The tables are well spaced and easy accessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration meal - a big let down!tomlDined on 22/6/2012my wife and I were disappointed with the quality of the food presented
- Family Friendly Harbourside DiningstuntkisserDined on 16/6/2012Excellent location with a good kid's menu. Ask for a window seat but make sure you book as it is very popular. Top end pub grub not quite gastropub standard but excellent nevetheless. Wine list is good standard and great value. Will be recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.