The Weighbridge, St Helier
Jersey, JE2 3NFNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theroyalyacht.com/
- Phone: 01534720511
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private available, advance booking advisable.
- Private Party Contact: Claudio Abreu 01534720511
A word from Sirocco Restaurant
Restaurant Sirocco is an experience for all your senses, dine in style and gaze out at the glittering waterfront. We use as much locally sourced produce as possible and the menu changes regularly in order to give you, our customers, a new reflection of seasonal produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sirocco Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasant SurpriseJSY106Dined on 10/8/2013Although I was expecting a good meal with it being a Hotel restaurant, I was not expecting the very attentive service. The staff were very friendly and helpful and very apologetic when a couple of the orders were wrong. By way of an apology my guests received a free liquor. The atmosphere was very relaxed and quiet even though a wedding party was in full swing across the hall way. I would highly recommend Sirocco and would definitely recommend it to my family as an alternative to the other high class restaurants on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerViewpDined on 1/8/2013The food was excellent. Well one to the chef.the meal was as good as I have eaten at Michelin starred restaurants The service was very mediocre except for one waiter.Special Features:
- Don't go there on crutches!HoppyDined on 8/7/2013I arrived early as I was on crutches and asked to sit at our table on the terrace to have a drink and await the arrival of the others. The restaurant wasn't yet open but I would have been well out of the way and not interfering with anything. I was told no and asked to go to another bar on the same floor. When we were called through at 7pm (opening time) there were already several people sitting at tables and on the terrace where I asked to be. None of these other guests were on crutches. I told the waiter I had only had my accident THAT morning. Surely they could have been much more helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening meal for 6dollydinersDined on 4/5/2013The service was perfect. Plenty of waiters for each course. Wine waiter who recommended wines and gave prices. We had the set 3 course menu which was very good value for money. All the choices were good. Extra complimentary courses of bread a pea dish and chocolates with the coffee. We all thought the meal was one of the best places we have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningluvfoodDined on 27/4/2013We were a table of 4 and we all loved our evening. The service was great, ambiance wonderful and food just great! Sirocco is a lovely place for a special occasion. It is a special place with fantastic food and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Be looked afterlaparisienneVIPDined on 19/4/2013Super meal. Table d'Hote v good value and v good variety. Service super - looked after me from when I arrived in the lift and went to the bar, realised before I said that something was wrong - a bone in my quail , gave me extra dessert and a free glass of champagne to make up. Lovely people. Not many clients as I dined early so ambience could have been better. Sad to see men in jeans. Dress code? I'd go to Jersey again just to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at SiroccoOldWaltDined on 8/4/2013We took two friends, who were visiting Jersey for the 1st time and the visit to Sirocco was one of the highlights. Beautiful food, great choice and superlative service, on top of which - great value. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Dine and Be Happy!dineinstyleDined on 30/3/2013This is an excellent restaurant overlooking the harbour but more important the food was well presented and the staff were extremly attentative and helpful, we had a steak and aveal dish both cooked at the table,there are lots of seafood dishes on the menu and they looked splendid,dont pass this restaurant by its a delight!Special Features:
- Mothers Day lunchSimmyDined on 10/3/2013Went for mothers day buffet. Quality and quantity of food was first class and staff were very helpful as well and attentive to our needs given we had a 7 month old with us. Would recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteveVIPDined on 25/2/2013We were party of 7 on Monday night two for one promotion Food was amazing service great and whole evening very enjoyable highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A evening meal with my wife'sShaunDined on 1/2/2013A evening meal with my wife's to celebrate her birthday whilst staying at the hotel great service great foot and a fantastic hotelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twice in 24hrsduke052Dined on 14/12/2012One of the best meals that me and my girlfriend have had. Both of us are massive foodies and we've been to a fair few michelin star restaurants and Sirocco's was up in the top 3. The Starters (a'la carte menu) were refreshing, not to big or to small and at a very comfortable to eat temperature. The main course (turbot with lobster an crab calliloni) was possibly the best Main Course we've ever had. The staff were on the ball, always there to refill or refold. The whole meal came to a pleasurable price. We loved it so much, we ate Sunday lunch at Siroccos the next day!! Thank you very much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, excellent serviceRavenDined on 20/10/2012Had a very warm welcome to the restaurant on our first evening in Jersey. Although staying elsewhere we had eaten in before in Cafe Zephyr downstairs during a visit in May. Our experience in Sirocco was as we expected it to be, fine dining attentive and knowledgeable staff. We chose to have the tasting menu which comprised of 6 courses and 6 wines, all of which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the evening veryPopsDined on 19/10/2012We enjoyed the evening very much , but found the Tennerfest menu to be a little limiting. I would return though for a special occasion as the service is excellent and the restaurant was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was varied but food wasFoodieNurseDined on 23/9/2012Menu was varied but food was disappointing, bland and lacked seasoning. Seemed as if it had been sitting around for a while, made us think it had been prepared earlier and then warmed up - but not enough as everything was luke warm. We went there to celebrate our weddind anniversary only saving grace was the lovely bottle of Tattinger.
- Ambiance and service was impecablepmacDined on 22/9/2012Ambiance and service was impecable but unfortunately the food was not all that great for ther standard of restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDinnerDined on 17/9/2012I was At this restaurant on dinner with my partner as anyversary dinner. It was amazing. Staff was friendly and helpful, food was well presented and very tasty, and drinks was on high standard. Restaurant have higher prices, but in this class of dinning you cannot expect bargain. Worth every penny. Furniture is top quality and hall restaurant have intimate atmosphere with beautiful marina view. I would strongly recommended to everybody as this is one of best restaurants I ever visited. Great experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A recommendation that paid offGillimayDined on 12/8/2012I asked a former resident of Jersey to recommend a restaurant for us while on a short break to St Heler and he suggested Sirocco at the Royal Yacht Club. I pre booked Sunday lunch which was advertised as £24 per head for 3 courses and sounded like good value. We weren't disappointed with the food which was excellent. There were approx 4/5 choices for each course. The service was excellent, very efficient yet discrete. The only shame was that we were on e of only three couples in the restaurant (it was ladies day at the races which may explain) and this did slightly spoil the ambience hence the 3 stars. There is a lovely balcony with approx 10 tables which would have been a nice place to eat although it was too windy the day we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best restaurantSteveVIPDined on 3/8/2012in Jersey. The food is icreadible tasty and deliciouse. not expensive you have a choice of set meny at £27.00 for 4 courses or A la carte menu which having few option to choose from Wine waiter Peter very attentive and knowledgabe, can't wait to be back..Special Features:
- Fabulous tasting menuTheplumbsDined on 28/7/2012We stayed in the Royal Yacht hotel and decided to book the Sirocco as it offered a wonderful sounding tasting menu The restaurant is plesantly designed with good ambience, not too noisy nor too quiet. The staff were very attentive and welcoming; the fact we were residents in the hotel was acknowledged - a nice touch. The tasting menu was excellent and having had similar menus in London and elsewhere, we found the price very reasonable at £64 per head for the standard of food. Highlights were the squab pigeon, fabulous scallops and the sharing assiette of desserts - the sweet canneloni was amazing! We were also served a lovely amuse bouche and the breads were yummy. Highly recommended, we will definitely return on our next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryyummymummyDined on 28/7/2012Well received on our arrival offered aperitif and presented the menus, we have some fab pics of the food, service was awesome and the food presentation excellent. We gave them our recipe for a champagne cocktail which they said they would use.Pic speak volumes so we need to send like in tripadvisor but we had an excellent time will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit rushed but settled down.teddydoggieookieDined on 21/7/2012We booked online and asked for a non-smoking table on the balcony. Such a shame that they couldn't have a smoking and non-smoking section on a large balcony as some smokers were seated behind us. Our pre-dinner drinks arrived along with some olives. Before we had had a chance to drink half the drink we were served an amuse bouche of chilled minted pea soup. Delicious but a little rushed. The rest of the meal settled down to a more relaxed pace. Portion control on the desserts was odd. I had a souffle along with a large canneloni of icecream. My husband had bakewell tart which was tiny in comparison. In term of value for money and location Sirocco is very good. With a little more care and attention to detail it could be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant, foodOllie1984Dined on 14/7/2012Excellent restaurant, food was amazing, service was brilliant, would highly recommend, the tasting menu was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIROCCO EXPERIENCEBLAIRDined on 23/6/2012SIROCCO AT THE ROYAL YACHT HOTEL IS A VERY GOOD RESTAURANT AND ONE WHICH I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY VISITING ST HELIER/JERSEY,THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD AND ABOVE ALL THE FOOD WAS SUPERB,WE BOTH HAD FISH WHICH WAS BEAUTIFULLY COOKED LOOKED FANTASTIC AND TASTED GREAT,A LOVELY DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but priceyJb131Dined on 23/6/2012Very little to fault with the experience with the exception of the price. But, this was a special occasion and this place is set up perfectly for it. Attentive service, quality food. Just be aware it comes at a priceSpecial Features:
- Small things let this down.....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/5/2012Great looking restaurant, food was good but small things let service down, for example we were shocked when cheese board came out (excellent cheese choices) they came with Jacobs crackers and not restaurant made ones. Extra drinks were added to our bill too, but the staff were apologetic and quick to sort this out. Would go again, but we were not 'blown away' with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Adult EveninghalfpintDined on 19/5/2012A lovely adult only evening. The food was delicious. In comparison to other resturants on Jersey this is over priced. A great place for special occassions but not for a regular meal out. Service was very attentive at times a little too attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance ver bad as I wasSteveVIPDined on 11/5/2012Ambiance ver bad as I was sat next to very noisy 3 gentelmen who has not relaise that others diners trying to relaxed and enjoy but simply you couldn't! As their were very noisy and laud. shame that no one has told this table that others people here as well and their behaviour is not inapropiete.Special Features:
- From our cocktail on arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012From our cocktail on arrival to our coffee on departure, everthing was just perfect. The ambiance, the service and the food were quite outstanding in every way.Special Features:
- From our cocktail on arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012From our cocktail on arrival to our coffee on departure, everthing was just perfect. The ambiance, the service and the food were quite outstanding in every way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!EmmaDined on 6/5/2012I absolutely loved my time at the Sirocco Restaurant. This is my 2nd visit in 2 weeks, I was also their last Sunday and because I enjoyed it so much I cam back this Sunday.Special Features:
- restaurant feeling bit dull /darkSteveVIPDined on 26/4/2012food outstanding ,service great except some of staff difficult to undarstand while serving the food and trying to explaine what it is. Ambiance very dull and restaurant does not look very vibrant as all in quite dark colours. However if you wish to enjoy outstanding food and great wine service that's the best place to go.
- Super dining experience. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 17/4/2012Super dining experience. It was an absolute treat.Special Features:
- Tasting menu at SciroccoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Lovely restaurant, funky surroundings and great view. Service is ok, staff attentive but weren't knowledgeable about the dishes they were bringing to the table. Food from the tasting menu was okay, looked great but the selection wasn't well put together (too many deep fried bits and stodge). Couple of nice courses but a few average dishes. Its all ok but I wouldn't go to Siroccos for a special occasion as the overall experience falls a little short (better places in this price bracket). Zephyr actually offers better value for money as the food is superb and well priced.Special Features:
- Food absolutely outstanding,CapnJackDined on 8/1/2012Food absolutely outstanding, service excellent. My grown up daughter commented that that was "the best meal of my life".Special Features:
- excellent as always HoweverSteveVIPDined on 13/12/2011excellent as always However service was a bit over the top we were asked severall times if everythink was ok every time when wine waiter came over to top up our glasses was asking if we would like more wine.We have ordered the bottle so we going to drink it! please do not interrupt conversation every 5 minuts,that was a bit flustraited!!Special Features:
- took my lady to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 25/11/2011took my lady to the restaurant for her birthday treat. It was a lovely experience we had the steak Diane cooked at the table which added to the occasion. The staff were very nice and helped make the meal more enjoyable. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a special meal.Special Features:
- I went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/11/2011I went to this restaurant on the first night of my visit to Jersey. The menu d' hote was really good value for money. I found the food fantastic and everything was really cooked to perfection. Service was superb! I spent 4 days in Jersey and had been eating at different places across the island, I found this place the best!!
- This is a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011This is a great restaurant. Good food great service and nice environment.Special Features:
- All round fantastic place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/9/2011I cannot really find a flaw for this restaurant beyond the superficial. The service was impeccable, friendly and not the slightest bit ostentatious. The food was beautifully presented and the flavours delicious and balanced. The menu choice is sufficiently tantalising and combines some modern culinary recipes with the more traditional ingredients found on the island. The only [superficial] deficiency of the restaurant is that it is very dark inside. So dark that it makes it difficult to read the menu. Nonetheless, the ambience is relaxed and stylish. I have been to this restaurant twice now and both times it was not very busy. I would not let that put you off, the quality is very high.Special Features: