167 Drury Lane, Covent Garden
New London Theatre building, Covent Garden
London, WC2B 5PGNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sitaaray.com/
- Phone: 02072696422
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30PM - 11:30PM
Sundays - Only for pre-booked parties of 25 to 55 guests
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Anjali Myers 02078319399
A word from Sitaaray
Sitaaray’ (Stars in hindi) – Celebrates the joie de vivre and chutzpah of popular Indian culture to create one of the coolest Indian eateries and probably the only full fledged Indian Kebab (Grill) restaurant amongst the over 9000 curry ones in UK. An amalgamation of two of India’s best exports – its cuisine and its cinema. A brand new blockbuster in the realm of restauranting. An unbeatable location, with a superstar cast and the best supporting team possibleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sitaaray reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fabulous Indian foodFoodieeeDined on 5/9/2012Went to Sitaarey after I had heard some rave reviews about it. I have returned back as a fan of its sumptuous kebabs and starters. Sitaarey offered some of the most authentic Indian food I have had in London. Overall a very satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Authentic Indian but little choiceIndianinUKDined on 1/9/2012The Good - Authentic Indian dishes - unlimited food - friendly service. The Bad - Cramped seats, slightly overpriced alcohol (but some may find it OK considering the location), very limited menu.Special Features:
- Never ending Story.foodforthoughtDined on 1/9/2012Have you ever wanted to try everything on the menu but ended up having to make a choice of one dish? not at Sitaaray. Truely Unlimited Menu.Restaurant has great atmosphere, feels as if you have been transported to somewhere in India, it feels warm (no air con.) bollywood music playing all the time is so infectious you will want to get up and join in. Staff were attentive and cheerfully ferried dish after dish up the stairs to our booth, chicken and fish was fresh, moist and tasty. Be warned you will be offered more .My party reached the point of no return not realising we hadn't had the curry course. We did still managed sorbet/ice cream (cost is extra). A thoroughly enjoyable experience, a fun place with good food, for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - absolutely delicious. Go!!AEG1Dined on 29/8/2012The restaurant was promoted fro its ambiance rather than the food but the food was just outstanding. Delicate morsels just kept coming and coming. A taste sensation and the best food I have ever eaten. I will definitely be coming back, without a doubt.Special Features:
- Good fish kebabs and lassisAMangoDined on 22/8/2012Went here with some friends for dinner. We had the £18 for unlimited curries and kebabs deal. The waiter presented us with a veg and non-veg menu, explaining the process, but i couldnt hear a thing! His annunciation wasnt very good! We had one of each platter, and the food began to come out! The starters included chicken tikka, lamb kebabs, shish kebabs, paneer, but the fisk tikka was the best - very moist and tener. We got more of that. By the time the mains came, we were all stuffed, but it was ok. The starters were much better. I finished with a masala tea, which was grosse - do not have!! All in all, the restaurant was fun, showing songs from all types of Bollywood movies. A very kiotch, but fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Sitaaray ReviewAnnaMarieDined on 22/8/2012Set/buffet menu a nice idea (in theory) as diners get to sample a variety of dishes. However the curries were very disappointing. The Chicken Tikka Masala was really poor - bland and unappetising; the chicken really dry with no taste and the sauce thin and tasteless. The other two curry dishes didn't appeal visually - looking boring and dull - and I didn't even bother to try them although my friend said they were "nice/ok". My personal opionion is that this menu offers too much food - my friend and I ended up not eating the curries or having dessert as by then we were both too full. If you are a big eater, then buffet style is fine as you can order as much as you want. For those with small stomachs - avoid.Special Features:
- The service could be moredawnDined on 21/8/2012The service could be more attentive, food just kept coming, but with no explanation what each dish was. Chose one each of Vegetarian & non-vegetarian. Also thought the wine was on the expensive side for the type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been to this restaurant twiceAndiDined on 17/8/2012Been to this restaurant twice now. It's great for a family meal so you can try lots of different dishes. On the down side, the main course curries are catered to appeal to tourists. So if you want a spicy authentic indian curry, this isn't the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysdeliciousDined on 8/8/2012As always, very tasty not oily food, great service, good value for money with unlimited kebab choice. will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good 1st time, rubbish 2nd timeE929Dined on 4/8/2012No interest in returning. Food was dry and cold, service was unbearably slow, drinks were overpriced. Avoid.
- Fun, casual and tasty!tastetreatseekerDined on 2/8/2012This is a fun Bollywood themed abundant collection and fun casual dining experience. We loved the unlimited kebabs and curry special. The vegetarian special was outstanding and loads of great food. Will definitely return and bring visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodMarkVIPDined on 2/8/2012We did the all you can eat kebabs and currty, the food was all good and represented pretty good value for money. Not sure I'd do it again but certainly worth a try once.Special Features:
- Great Food,Ok Ambience,ok serviceLuv2dineDined on 1/8/2012The ambience although refurbished was not of a high standard and may not be to everyone's liking.However when it comes to the food- it was excellent and eat all you want. The food was served fresh and was not laid out as a buffet. The kebabs just melt in your mouth. The fact that you can eat such good quality food and its affordability made it outstanding value.I have read some of the feedback left by others and disagree with the fact the curries were not up to the standard. I think it's important for people going to Sitaarey to understand that it is authentic Indian food and therefore some of the dishes they taste may not be served at all bangladeshi(claiming to be indian restaurants) and therefore people have not acquired a taste for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Hungry!LonVisitDined on 26/7/2012The food was all-you can eat kebabs and curries, with the choice of veg or non-veg. There seemed to be a never ending flow of food, no repeats were possible. The 2 desserts we had, gulab jamun and rasmalai were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent value for money.RoshDined on 26/7/2012Excellent value for money. Very good kababs esp. the non-vegetarians ones. Best Ajwaini fish I've had in London! A must visit for all foodies!!!Special Features:
- Great atmospheredebee19Dined on 26/7/2012This restaurant was good value and fun! The food seemed endless, so you do get good value for the money you pay for the meal. The food was good, the service could have been a little better but they were attentative. There are so many pictures on the walls and the theme is very Bollywood, a great place for a good and fun group meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of food for a reasonableBettyDined on 24/7/2012A lot of food for a reasonable price, the kebabs were tasty and we were asked if we wanted any more before moving on to the curry dish. The only disappointment was the curry dishes at the end, dhal that is quite dark and bitter, a mixed veg dish that is very mixed and looked like it had a tin of mixed veg in it and a reasonable chicken curry which was fine, but didn't have as much flavour as the kebabs. Limited wine by the glass that wasn't that nice.Special Features:
- Sitaaray near Covent GardenunrulyVIPDined on 24/7/2012My husband and I went here on a special toptable offer before a show... The food was delicious and unusual and i really recommend it. The service was a bit odd though (sometimes too attentive and sometimes not attentive enough!) and then we didn't get the discount on the offer in the bill but were in such a hurry to make the show that we didn't have time to quibble...Special Features:
- Not so goodlorenkaDined on 19/7/2012Really disappointed with this restaurant. Food was too much spicy, so I can't feel any flavour. Chicken and lamb were so dry. it seemed like good value for money (unlimited dishes) but at the end I was frustated because I could not choose what I wanted to eat. TV sound was terribly high and the service and the staff were not so fine. Would not recommend to anyone!
- Tasteless poor quality foodTotalfoodieDined on 19/7/2012I was really disappointed with this restaurant, mainly due to the appalling quality & taste of food whether it was 'gone off' pickle at the start to the tasteless and bland kebabs and main dishes. I hardly ate, left hungry. While on the face of it, it seemed like good value for money (unlimited dishes), given I couldn't eat most of the food I was appalled at the cost for a meal I didn't enjoy at all. I can safely say Sitaaray does not serve Indian food, and find this so frustrating as Indian food is such an amazing cuisine which restaurants like this are denying their customers and giving a bad name to. Staff and service was fine, shame about the food. Would not recommend to anyone!
- SitaraayFoodieloverDined on 12/7/2012Great food, great staff, good concept! Decor is original and layout allows you to have an intimate meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked the special offer forSD11Dined on 7/7/2012Booked the special offer for friends but was charged more than the advertised price. Food was good and kept coming but would have been nicer if they weren't overcharged.
- not a buffettjeffDined on 7/7/2012This is not a buffett restaurant, but you get different dishes/courses one at a time. All over food quality for the price not good, won't recommend.
- great experienceksinghVIPDined on 5/7/2012great food and service, worth the visit, great experience, a must.
- SitaarayBillyHollidayVIPDined on 4/7/2012Great value on the unlimited menu, the kebabs were the best, curries were average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumIeDined on 3/7/2012Good value, good food, always a surprise when the next course arrived.Special Features:
- Was very dissappointed. ThesimonDined on 26/6/2012Was very dissappointed. The standard of service has dropped since last year, and they have forgotten how to mix simple drinks - we had to send a vodka / soda water / lime cordial back 3 times as they didnt understand what a lime cordial was. Booking three days in advance, after having requested a specific area to be sat in (upstairs in the gallery) , we were placed on a dingy "last one available" table next to the toilets. We went for a special meal - and it wasn't that special. Pity, because it was a favourite restaurant last year. And although the starter kebabs are still delicious; the main course hasn't changed at all. Dissappointed!Special Features:
- First visit on recommendationRubyLoverDined on 26/6/2012Sitaaray has great, friendly and helpful staff. The food was first class, and quite different to other Indian restuarants we have been to. It was a little pricey (beer at £5.5 certainly bumped up the bill!) but there were many flavours I hadn't experienced before, more like authentic food served in India, so good value from that context. One key criticism is don't use Google maps to find it as it take you nowhere near the restaurant (Catherine Street, opposite the "Shrek" theatre). We advised Sitaaray to correct this as it tends to put a slight tinge on the evening when you're trying your best to turn up on time: we were 15 minutes late after wandering the streets aimlessly using Goggle map directions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experienceLouiseDined on 22/6/2012Went there on the unlimited curries and kebabs and I have to say it was fantastic. Not a huge vegetarian range but nonetheless still great. The service was speedy but didn't feel like we were being pushed to finish quickly. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitaaray, Covent GardenCBourneDined on 22/6/2012Even though the food was very good, we wouldn't recommend this restaurant is you are going to the theatre as you need a lot of time to get through all the courses if you take up the "unlimited kebabs and curries" offer. We had to leave by 7.15pm for the theatre and felt that we couldn't appreciate all the curries on offer as we only had one course to try. A shame but if you are going for a night out just at this restaurant, then the offer is good value!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Ambience - After RefurbYKM71Dined on 14/6/2012The food is as good as it was before Sitaaray closed for a refurb and it's improved the ambience. PReviously it was looking very tired. Pity the refurb has not included the toilets. Service needs to be more attentive, especially for diners sitting upstairs in one of the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value if you have an apetiteFiveplatesDined on 14/6/2012The offer was approx £18 per person for an "eat as much as you like". You have a choice of a vegetarian option; however, I went for the meat. Servings a brought out for each starter, followed by the main; then if you still have room (I struggled), you can have it all over again, or just pick your favorites. I would definitely say good service and very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food mostly good experienceMattRVIPDined on 14/6/2012Food great, excellent idea well executed. Waitress quite surly. Was surprised at the overall cost, but I guess we didn't realise our thirst. Would return, but probably in a smaller group, or with a partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went as a group of 3, adjustedCurryhoundDined on 13/6/2012Went as a group of 3, adjusted at the last minute to 6. Seating was a little cramped upstairs, but otherwise the food, service and value were excellent. Every body in the group was happy, and we could have had even more to eat. Make sure you're really hungry if you go for the £18 offer!Special Features:
- not value for moneydisappointedDined on 9/6/2012Booked their pre-theatre deal advertised on their website. Once we arrived the head waiter insisted that we have the all that you can eat deal - not one to make a scene at a special night out we agreed. We opted for 3 vegetarian and 3 meat all that you eat meals but was told that it would be better if we ordered the meat one and one vegetarian. The chicken curry tasted like chicken in tomatoe soup - the vegetarian was a mixture of paneer, spicy potatoes and sweetcorn patties - very little choice. The 'lamb' patties did not taste as if they had lamb. One waitress could not tell us the name of some of the dishes none seemed authentically Indian. The restaurant is worth visiting just for the photos on the wall - but then so is a museum.
- Dont do it!!AParDined on 6/6/2012Caution although to think you are getting a deal by being unlimited, you are unlikely to take advantage of this as the food was that bad. For some strange reason most food tried in this place had a chemically after taste. I was not impressed by the service either, it felt pushy and actually annoying , the amount of times they came over to our table.
- Not the best....bankers2012Dined on 30/5/2012Was very disappointed with the selection of curries...only one meat (chicken) curry and that had vey little flavour. The food was very bland/tasteless, no spice what so ever. I think they need to re look at there menu.
- Loved the place, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2012Loved the place, food was lovely, service was great and they really give you value for money and feed you till you burst!Special Features:
- Sitaaray, Drury Lane. ServiceBainsyDined on 1/5/2012Sitaaray, Drury Lane. Service a bit slow to start with, then presented with the largest number of kebabs Ive had in a while. Some were tastier than others, but a bit upset I was too full to finish the main - the chicken tasted lovely, as did the nan - but couldnt finish it. It was unlimited too, so a very good deal for someone with a big appetite!! Great cheesy Indian decor too!
- KSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 28/4/2012Great little place. We went for the £18 deal. Lots of yummy starters. The main currys were nice but mainly just sauce with a few pieces of chicken. But still, it was a great evening and all of us enjoyed it. Will go again!Special Features: