Smiths Restaurant Wapping
22 Wapping High Street
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Smiths Restaurant Wapping
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.smithsrestaurants.com/dining-at-wapping.html
- Phone: 02074883456
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining details coming soon!
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Watson 02074883456
A word from Smiths Restaurant Wapping
Smith's of Wapping is located on the River Thames with a view of Tower Bridge. Smith's, famous for fish, was initially established in 1958 and today offers fine dining facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Smiths Restaurant Wapping - Best restaurants in Wapping ›
Smiths Restaurant Wapping reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since 20 May 2014
special occasions (121)business meals (95)romance (87)fit for foodies (74)sunday lunch (40)group bookings (37)outstanding value (36)disabled access (17)brunch (10)pre/post theatre (7)good vegetarian options (7)outdoor eating (6)child friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent Set MenuscottyqtDined on 12/9/2014I went here with a group of 4 and we all partook in the set menu which is excellent value. The food is of top quality and the service very attentive. The views over the river on a sunny day were great also. All in all a very good experience and will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- essextreatDined on 11/9/2014Service, food and location were all perfect. Excellent menu selection so looking forward to my return visit.Special Features:
- Excellent as evermilaneseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Stunning river view, attentive & friendly service, delicious food - the set meal is great valueSpecial Features:
- Great fish!hhumDined on 30/8/2014Food very well prepared, fish was cooked to perfection! Service is knowledgeable and professional. Location is very nice, central but outside the tourist bustle and the lunch menu is outstanding value! Definitely recommended and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fish in WappingdutchfoodieDined on 28/8/2014Went here for a meal with my husband and mother-in-law. We all really enjoyed it. The fish was excellent and so was Mum's calf's liver: grilled to perfection. The view across the Thames is lovely, service is impeccable. The Mo-Thursday dinner menu is extremely good value for money. Highly recommended to anyone staying in this area, where good dining options are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside dining4dinersDined on 28/8/2014Excellent choice of food, good service and all with a view of the Thames and Tower Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/8/2014I go to Smith's quite often in both Wapping and in Ongar and never once have i had a bad meal, the atmosphere is amazing along with the food. Big thumbs UP!Special Features:
- lunch for twohappydinerDined on 27/8/2014Had a lovely table in the window overlooking the thames - set lunch offered lots of choice and was very reasonable - waiter and all staff very attentive - would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab - u - lousmegaliciousDined on 23/8/2014Dined at this restaurant on Saturday lunchtime and had the set luncheon menu; plenty of choice for each starter/main course and desert. Each course was beautifully presented and divine to eat. The service was very attentive without being too over bearing and, obviously, the location adds to the whole dining experience. Without hesitation would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice food - pricyCharliefromworthingVIPDined on 21/8/2014My second visit here and the food lived up to my expectations. Service was good throughout the meal but as we got to 4pm we were informed the restaurant was soon closing and shortly our bill arrived, despite not being asked for. Having spent over £400 that particular lunchtime I thought this was a bit off. Not enough to stop me from going back in the future, as the food is still very good and they have to close sometime, but it did irk me.Special Features:
- Good food, but service was terribleBugs09Dined on 20/8/2014I enjoyed my prawn started and the Lobster thermador was very good too (rich, but wonderfully succulent / juicy ). We had the table right near the staircase /piano, so I am not sure if it was just the table location, but the place just lacked something. The bread lady just placed the bread on the table the walked off grumpily, no eye contact/smile. The service was disjointed, no one took control of our table. We had to There was an awkwardly long period between starter and mains, so we had to ask, there was no one at the front desk to greet us on arrival, junior waiters seemed under pressure & never looked happy. We had very high hopes given this is one of my friends favorite restaurants, but we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Thames sidewillowDined on 15/8/2014Great location and views, the set price meals are the ones to go for!Special Features:
- Mostly good.FresnoDined on 14/8/2014A nice place to have an enjoyable meal, slightly over priced.I was very embarrassed though when it came to pay the bill as the credit card machine would not connect, my guest had to pay cash as I only had my card with me. Doubt I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great location, great foodPoshDined on 13/8/2014Smiths is a great place for decent food at a keen price and great service. Famed for their fish they also cater for the carnivores with steaks, liver and lamb. The food is always presented beautifully and piping hot! The set menu is a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smith's Food 1 Service 0GoodmayesGastronomeDined on 9/8/2014I last dined at Smith's Wapping 3 years ago to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary and we were not disappointed. On that occasion we were treated exceptionally well and made to feel special. We returned for our 4th anniversary on Saturday evening and although the food was still of the same high standard we were disappointed with the throng of young ('Schoolboy') waiters who were clearly out of their depth at a top eaterie. They were, of course well drilled in drunk sales, but lacked etiquette and style - I actually felt sorry for the head waiter who definitely had his work cut out - perhaps I hit it on a bad evening - I hope so because the view and ambience and most importantly the food are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsJodieDined on 9/8/2014Lovely as usual. Great food, great service. The set lunch is wonderful.... and a great table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salriksalrikVIPDined on 9/8/2014A delicious Saturday lunch on the good value 2 course set menu. My starter of sardines was delicious and my husband stuck with his favourite, the retro Prawn Cocktail. I followed that with Fish Cakes which actually tasted of fish rather than the usual potato, while my husband enjoyed an enormous piece of Cod. Having marked Smith's Service down on a recent review, I was very happy to see that the usual good level of service has been restored, and that, despite the restaurant being completely full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill's ReviewBillsview22Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent service, menu variety and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMichaelDined on 5/8/2014I eat at Smiths on a fairly regular basis with business colleagues and the food, service and genetral ambience of this restuarant stands out as one of the best we have ever been to. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- BaldersDined on 4/8/2014The view is stunning over the Thames and the food and staff were both very goodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Food & Great Value!alc20Dined on 1/8/2014We had a delicious lunch and ordering from the set menu made the meal fantastic value. So much choice on the set menu too! We will be returning again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely views-great foodlindakDined on 31/7/2014Came here last Thursday evening to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant is very modern and spacious and tastefully decorated.. Nice touch was the pianist as background music. I had asked for a window seat but did not get it as apparently they are booked months in advance! However, with the floor to ceiling windows you have a good river view from all tables. We had the set evening menu and at £29.50 for 3 courses it was good value. Lovely food. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Great food - Great viewLizzthop02Dined on 26/7/2014Went for lunch in Saturday. The set menu is great value & good choice of fish dishes. The view of Tower Bridge is amazing so ask for a table in the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!NatBDined on 24/7/2014Smiths as usual never disappoints! Food was fantastic and views of Tower Bridge and the River Thames make it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishAnthony38aDined on 23/7/2014Well cooked lower priced fish in the fixed price menu. Lots of unnecessary and loud chatter between waiters and kitchenSpecial Features:
- Great Location & FoodGarethDined on 16/7/2014I tried the Wapping restaurant after a visit to the Ongar restaurant. Fantastic location and views and a good selection of dishes. Service attentive though we did have a long wait between starters and mains. Overall a very good experienceSpecial Features:
- 60th birthday celebrationsduckydooDined on 15/7/2014It was a great choice to spend time with a close friend. We both love fish smd the oysters were exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish Restaurant on the RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2014Great view, excellent food, excellent non intrusive service, and for the qaulity good value. Also good to see a wine list that suits all budgets.Special Features:
- Clipper Return CelebrationBucketListTickedDined on 12/7/2014An outstanding feast worthy of a memorable day. Food for Gods and Heroes with high end service delivery to a merry crew of twelve. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Wonderful choices and each plate a visual as well as gourmet delight with sauces all served separately to ensure specific personal preferences. Great sized portions and therefore excellent value. A rare treat!Special Features:
- toviDined on 11/7/2014our second time for lunch here and just as good as the first time. We had the lunch menu and can recommend it. Fantastic setting and the service is excellent without being overpowering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smiths is a gem!Poplar15Dined on 11/7/2014You feel an honoured guest when you go to Smiths. like a home from home very relaxed and friendly. Food perfect and consistantly so. Well done Smiths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We went to Smiths for my husbands birthday. We were not disappointed. Lovely venue, excellent food and service. Wonderful views of the river and Tower Bridge all in all a great evening and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic VenueInsuranceDonDined on 8/7/2014This is a little gem right by the river and on the fringes of the City. It specialises in fish which is presented as beautifully as it tastes, but meat eaters are equally catered for. The waiting staff are intentive, respectful and informative (the portion sizes are good (so two portions of chips between three is adequate!). The ambience makes it ideal for special occasions but the value for money means that everyday could be a special occasion. If you get the chance book a table for dusk and watch London come alive as the buildings light up. I have introduced Smiths to a number of colleagues and it is rapidily becoming the venue of choice when we entertain our business guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, lovely views, bit towie!CJDINEVIPDined on 2/7/2014The restaurant is great, serving fine fish dishes, with stunning views of the river and Tower Bridge. Unfortunately, the sister restaurant is in Essex, so you do get a few TOWIE lookalikes in there making some noise, but otherwise, great service and pleasant meal.Special Features:
- salriksalrikVIPDined on 1/7/2014We took neighbours from Wapping who had not previously been to Smiths, but had heard good reviews. They were not disappointed and as always the food is consistently good with splendid views of the river. Although we go reasonably regularly, there is no recognition from the staff and we always seem to have to attract their attention for service. It is the only element of the offering which we believe Smith's needs to pay more attention to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al BscofferDined on 30/6/2014Booked for a Monday lunchtime, a little quiet but excellent views and spectacular value for money on the set lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary mealMel4ChrisDined on 28/6/2014Lovely lunch menu & great value. Fantastic views over Thames. Excellent service from friendly staff. Will definitely recommend & return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGoodLordDined on 25/6/2014Took the missus for her birthday, as she's a big fish fan. The huge windows in the dining room provide excellent views of the Thames, including nearby Tower Bridge. The food, although of al a carte quality, arrived in very decent portion sizes, perfect temperature and immaculately presented. My partners' monkfish was meaty and full of flavour, and my sirloin steak was cooked exactly to my asking and perfectly seared. Puddings also did not disappoint and we left happy and very full.Special Features:
- Smiths(Wapping), gem by the ThamesEAGLESDined on 19/6/2014My recent visit to Smiths(Wapping) was one of several i have made with friends or family.This gem of a restaurant situated by the Thames with great views of the river and Tower Bridge is a must for foodies and those looking for excellent value for money. Both the a la carte or lunchtime menus are packed with delicious choices, dressed crab,tempura prawns and syrup sponge pudding to name just a few of my favourites. I defy anyone to find a major fault with this well run restaurant and quite naturally would recommend it to all and sundry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatGillywolfieDined on 17/6/2014Booked having read reviews and specifically requested a river table and advised it was a birthday dinner treat. We were called the day before to reconfirm the booking. On arrival however, we were offered either a table next to the kitchen or another in a rear corner. Opted for the latter which although not at the front at least had a good view of Tower Bridge. Service very good and attentive without being invasive. The set menu had a good selection of foods and certainly was more than sufficient for us. I did look at the main menu which also looked to have a really good selection. Food was tasty, well presented and good size portions. Only downside was that it is very corporate -our neighboring table were loud & very boring talking money.