Smiths Restaurant Wapping
22 Wapping High Street
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Smiths Restaurant Wapping
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.smithsrestaurants.com/dining-at-wapping.html
- Phone: 020 7488 3456
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining details coming soon!
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Watson 02074883456
A word from Smiths Restaurant Wapping
Smith's of Wapping is located on the River Thames with a view of Tower Bridge. Smith's, famous for fish, was initially established in 1958 and today offers fine dining facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Smiths Restaurant Wapping - Best restaurants in Wapping ›
Smiths Restaurant Wapping reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (132)business meals (98)romance (91)fit for foodies (73)sunday lunch (44)group bookings (36)outstanding value (35)disabled access (13)brunch (13)pre/post theatre (9)outdoor eating (7)good vegetarian options (6)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Cold damp rainy eveningMerskDined on 26/11/2014On a cold drissly evening this was a delightful and tasty experience. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Well done all round. Worth the visit every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smith's of WappingelaineVIPDined on 26/11/2014I go here so often, and recommend to friends, book for business. I have run out of good things to say in my reviews - just read the previous ones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at SmithsMickeyDined on 18/11/2014Excellent food and most attentive service. Great restaurant with wonderful views of the River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything a restaurant should be..MarkPVIPDined on 11/11/2014Quality food, excellent (and fair) wine list, professional service, relaxed atmosphere, wonderful views over the Thames. Please don't change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeJinboDined on 8/11/2014Second visit. The views, the ambience, the feel of the restaurant is very welcoming and friendly. I love it.Special Features:
- Great ValueJoelDined on 5/11/2014Friendly welcoming staff, great river view, excellent value set lunch menu with many choices, brilliant foodSpecial Features:
- LunchSyrupDined on 5/11/2014Lunch was good value, £20 for two courses, good portions and they gave us a nice two person table looking out over the Thames. Service was good even when I ordered the wrong wine, the waiter was on the ball enough to correct me.Special Features:
- GigiDined on 1/11/2014This restaurant was fabulous. The food and service was excellent and would highly recommend this restaurant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Have booked to go againSpecial Features:
- Wonderful fish, good value menuHelenDined on 1/11/2014Excellent standard of fresh seafood/fish, with great view of Tower Bridge. Decor a bit bland, but doesn't detract from the enjoyment. Good choices on daily menus.Special Features:
- lived up to its reviewsladywholunchelsDined on 31/10/2014Went as love fish, read lots of good reviews, sounded fab and it was. Very smart, modern restaurant, friendly staff and friendly diners. Rarely do you chat to table next to you but here it seemed natural and others were as well. Food delicious, set menu good value intend to return and visit the one in Ongar as well, but this one has the views.Special Features:
- OK, but not brilliantFoodie1VIPDined on 29/10/2014The restaurant is good, but nowhere near as good as its sister restaurant in Ongar. I took my elderly parents here and we arrived an hour early. We were asked to wait outside (in the cold and rain) for an hour. We said that we could just sit inside, but they wouldn't let us. I would have gone elsewhere, but my parents had travelled for 2 hours to try this particular restaurant. So we waited for an hour! When we were finally let inside, we were asked what time we thought we would leave, as they could then give our table to someone else!!! So that really upset my parents, who were freezing! The food itself is great, but they do not have the delicious soft breadrolls that they offer in Ongar. I won't rush back.Special Features:
- TandSDined on 28/10/2014Excellent quality food, service, location, and value for money.Special Features:
- Service charge & credit card tip!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 25/10/2014The meal was very nice but a 12.5% service charge was added to our bill without any advance warning and then we had to decline a gratuity on the card machine when we paid. It spoilt what was an excellent meal with wonderful views over the ThamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014I recommend this restaurant to the fish lovers , I had the dover sole and my friend as well and we both enjoyed and was amazed how much was served. Staff are v/good , our friends were celebrating their ruby anniversary and the staff brought out a lovely sweet with a message wishing them a happy anniversary. Very thoughtfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmithselaineVIPDined on 14/10/2014One of my favourite restaurants and not just because if it local to me. Great views, lovely menu, fresh fish, good service. There was even a piano player on a Tuesday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SamanthaJP23Dined on 11/10/2014The service was amazing and our waiter was very professional and polite. The food was fantastic! The only thing I would comment on, was that the portion sizes were too big. If they were smaller, then the cost could be less and I would be able to finish the meal and not feel too full and gutted that I have to waste food.Special Features:
- Mr BonesBrunoDined on 11/10/2014Great food and service as always. Being critical only one thing I would say is that in the wine menu it does not say you can have champagne by the glass. No big deal but just thought it may help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessGastronautGazDined on 4/10/2014Everything about Smith's is done well. The service, the tableware, the food, wine etc. The portions are huge which is rare for a fish restaurant. Even the veg are great. The hake with Arnold Bennett sauce was superb and the tempura prawns as light and crispy as you can get. We had an endless batch of squid and a knee deep prawn cocktail. Even the desserts were spot on, particularly the nougat cake. Can't say a bad word about it, love to return soon.Special Features:
- HappyeaterDined on 3/10/2014Went here for the first time with my better half. Am familiar with the restraunt and heard good reviews. For once, my expectations were exceeded. The table had a booth seating, not ideal but my fault for booking late. Would be lovely during the summer when the terrace is open with views over the river etc. Starters are huge, so if you're hot famished, save yourself for the main, and don't overload on the sides. Couldn't manage the desserts unfortunatley, too stuffed The main of wild salmon and monkfish for my girlfriend was perfectly cooked. We're red wine drinkers, even with fish and had one of the cheaper Melbec reds. Was fantastic. Service was efficient without being ovebearing. Will absolutely go againSpecial Features:
- great dinnerrhysDined on 25/9/2014we had the set menu the seafood was great every dish was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 25/9/2014a fantastic restaurant all round, food, ambiance, view , excellent service, Best restaurant I've eaten in london.will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining by the RiverMorphanielDined on 23/9/2014Having made a last minute reservation for one, I was expecting the worst when I was shown to a small table in the lee of a pillar by the wall but I need not have worried - the staff fussed over me just as much as the high rolling Russians nearer the glass walled river view. And on a cool night, I might have been rather warmer! I stuck to fish as it seemed rude not to and had no complaints whatsoever. The restaurant has a reputation and looks after it well. The only downside is that, as a visitor, the place seems miles away from anywhere. Wapping High Street is not the bustling thoroughfare that might be expected and whilst the Thames Walk is pleasant on a summer evening it is less appealing on the majority of nights when darkness falls earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Set MenuscottyqtDined on 12/9/2014I went here with a group of 4 and we all partook in the set menu which is excellent value. The food is of top quality and the service very attentive. The views over the river on a sunny day were great also. All in all a very good experience and will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- essextreatDined on 11/9/2014Service, food and location were all perfect. Excellent menu selection so looking forward to my return visit.Special Features:
- Excellent as evermilaneseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Stunning river view, attentive & friendly service, delicious food - the set meal is great valueSpecial Features:
- Great fish!hhumDined on 30/8/2014Food very well prepared, fish was cooked to perfection! Service is knowledgeable and professional. Location is very nice, central but outside the tourist bustle and the lunch menu is outstanding value! Definitely recommended and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fish in WappingdutchfoodieDined on 28/8/2014Went here for a meal with my husband and mother-in-law. We all really enjoyed it. The fish was excellent and so was Mum's calf's liver: grilled to perfection. The view across the Thames is lovely, service is impeccable. The Mo-Thursday dinner menu is extremely good value for money. Highly recommended to anyone staying in this area, where good dining options are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside dining4dinersDined on 28/8/2014Excellent choice of food, good service and all with a view of the Thames and Tower Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/8/2014I go to Smith's quite often in both Wapping and in Ongar and never once have i had a bad meal, the atmosphere is amazing along with the food. Big thumbs UP!Special Features:
- lunch for twohappydinerDined on 27/8/2014Had a lovely table in the window overlooking the thames - set lunch offered lots of choice and was very reasonable - waiter and all staff very attentive - would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab - u - lousmegaliciousDined on 23/8/2014Dined at this restaurant on Saturday lunchtime and had the set luncheon menu; plenty of choice for each starter/main course and desert. Each course was beautifully presented and divine to eat. The service was very attentive without being too over bearing and, obviously, the location adds to the whole dining experience. Without hesitation would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice food - pricyCharliefromworthingVIPDined on 21/8/2014My second visit here and the food lived up to my expectations. Service was good throughout the meal but as we got to 4pm we were informed the restaurant was soon closing and shortly our bill arrived, despite not being asked for. Having spent over £400 that particular lunchtime I thought this was a bit off. Not enough to stop me from going back in the future, as the food is still very good and they have to close sometime, but it did irk me.Special Features:
- Good food, but service was terribleBugs09Dined on 20/8/2014I enjoyed my prawn started and the Lobster thermador was very good too (rich, but wonderfully succulent / juicy ). We had the table right near the staircase /piano, so I am not sure if it was just the table location, but the place just lacked something. The bread lady just placed the bread on the table the walked off grumpily, no eye contact/smile. The service was disjointed, no one took control of our table. We had to There was an awkwardly long period between starter and mains, so we had to ask, there was no one at the front desk to greet us on arrival, junior waiters seemed under pressure & never looked happy. We had very high hopes given this is one of my friends favorite restaurants, but we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Thames sidewillowDined on 15/8/2014Great location and views, the set price meals are the ones to go for!Special Features:
- Mostly good.FresnoDined on 14/8/2014A nice place to have an enjoyable meal, slightly over priced.I was very embarrassed though when it came to pay the bill as the credit card machine would not connect, my guest had to pay cash as I only had my card with me. Doubt I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great location, great foodPoshDined on 13/8/2014Smiths is a great place for decent food at a keen price and great service. Famed for their fish they also cater for the carnivores with steaks, liver and lamb. The food is always presented beautifully and piping hot! The set menu is a bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smith's Food 1 Service 0GoodmayesGastronomeDined on 9/8/2014I last dined at Smith's Wapping 3 years ago to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary and we were not disappointed. On that occasion we were treated exceptionally well and made to feel special. We returned for our 4th anniversary on Saturday evening and although the food was still of the same high standard we were disappointed with the throng of young ('Schoolboy') waiters who were clearly out of their depth at a top eaterie. They were, of course well drilled in drunk sales, but lacked etiquette and style - I actually felt sorry for the head waiter who definitely had his work cut out - perhaps I hit it on a bad evening - I hope so because the view and ambience and most importantly the food are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsJodieDined on 9/8/2014Lovely as usual. Great food, great service. The set lunch is wonderful.... and a great table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salriksalrikVIPDined on 9/8/2014A delicious Saturday lunch on the good value 2 course set menu. My starter of sardines was delicious and my husband stuck with his favourite, the retro Prawn Cocktail. I followed that with Fish Cakes which actually tasted of fish rather than the usual potato, while my husband enjoyed an enormous piece of Cod. Having marked Smith's Service down on a recent review, I was very happy to see that the usual good level of service has been restored, and that, despite the restaurant being completely full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill's ReviewBillsview22Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent service, menu variety and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.