Steak and Lobster Manchester
Free Trade Hall, Peter Street
Manchester, M2 5GPNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £25 and under
Steak and Lobster Manchester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steakandlobster.com/
- Phone: 01618358904x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am – 10.00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The inspiring dining experience to launch in Manchester is Steak & Lobster at Alto restaurant. The concept: no menu, just a simple choice between the eponymous mains. A 10oz rib eye steak or a lobster served whole. Both are served with garlic and chive butter, French fries and a side salad. Select either option for only £15. That’s it! Nice and simple. Great food, amazing value. Cemented by today’s trend for simple, quick and quality dining; it will be a hot ticket for those looking to hold impromptu business lunches, the city centre shopper or for those dining with friends.
- Private Party Facilities: Function rooms available for private parties at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester at Free Trade Hall.
For further details, please contact our Meetings & Events Team
Meetings & Events
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester at Free Trade Hall
Tel: 0161 835 9299
- Entertainment: Club 43 at ALTO
Jazz Supper Club hosted at our Alto restaurant on the last Sunday of the month
Radisson Blu Edwardian are proud to honour the hey days of Jazz in Manchester, by recreating one of the most popular clubs in town - Club 43. Once a month in our ALTO restaurant we will be putting on a jazz supper club featuring a specially prepared buffet and showcasing some of the best musicians performing around the circuits today.
A word from Steak and Lobster Manchester
An inspirational dining experience in Manchester - Steak & Lobster Manchester. The new concept: no menu, just a simple choice between the eponymous mains. A 10oz rib eye steak or a lobster served whole. Both are served with garlic and chive butter, French fries and a side salad. Select either option for only £17. That’s it! Nice and simple. Great food, amazing value. Cemented by today’s trend for simple, quick and quality dining; it will be a hot ticket for those looking to hold important business lunches, the city centre shopper or for those dining with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steak and Lobster Manchester reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (18)pre/post theatre (16)business meals (16)romance (15)outstanding value (13)group bookings (10)fit for foodies (10)disabled access (6)sunday lunch (5)brunch (4)afternoon tea (1)good vegetarian options (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Good food, great servicemattfDined on 19/10/2014Booked on here, the reservation didn't show up on the system. The manager sorted out a table for us quickly. Food was great, good sized portions. Waiters and waitresses made sure we got plenty of drinks and that we were taken care of, but did not make us feel rushed. All in all great service and food. Only negative is automatically adding the service charge, would have probably tipped more if it wasn't pre added.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vofjohanna62Dined on 3/10/2014Was a little disappointed with the food. I chose lobster which was pretty tough and very small. My partner had steak which was a much better choice. As we didn't have starters, we did ask for more fries and salad but we had to get attention of a server....they didn't come and offer, which was surprising considering the deal is unlimited fries and salad. Anyway, we chose cheese boards instead of dessert and these were excellent. One serving would be plenty for two people to share and the cheeses were delicious. Really like the concept, but overall the food could have been better. Great service and wines were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonsealtimtomtamDined on 25/9/2014...Does exactly what it says on the tin. Steak was okay, but just didn't taste very meaty. Sounds stupid, but it was a bit 'watery'. Service good, no problem offering you the endless chips. Salad a bit dry, could benefit from some dressing. Lobster was great tasting, but not a lot of it but thats lobster for you, not the restaurants fault. £2.50 for a sauce to go with the steak is outrageous when you see the size of it. Its served in one of those butter pots and the Stilton and red wine one only tasted of gravy. All in all, it filled a hole, wouldn't go for a special occasion. Feels exactly as you would expect a hotel restaurant to feel. 4/10Special Features:
- Does what it says on the tinDaveeveeDined on 24/9/2014If you want a good steak or a full lobster this is the place - simplest menu in the world in a nice setting with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sensational!karin78Dined on 20/9/2014Really appreciated this evening, the service was impeccable, the portions are quite large and very good value. I'll recommend this restaurant and already looking for inviting friends and family to join me in this fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lyn123Dined on 19/9/2014We were attending for my son's 'leaving for University' meal, three of our party love lobster and I love steak so it seemed to be a perfect meal for us. We had pre- booked and were greeted by the maître de and a really nice waiter, we were pleased to see our starters came very quickly, then our main course was sent in a timely manner, we all thoroughly enjoyed both the meal and the experience, lots of accoutrements for the lobster and the steak was really nice, a big juicy and very tasty steak, we could order as many portions of fries and salad as we wished as our waiter frequently checked on us without being overly attentive. All in all a really nice meal, a very nice occasion and a lovely table, with swivel chairs as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartynDined on 11/9/2014Waiter was excellent, approachable and explained everything in perfect detail. Food was top drawerSpecial Features:
- Amazing for the value!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014Really good place to eat. Well priced and the food is good. Nice setting/decor. Enjoyable place to eat in Manchester. Recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014After an initial misunderstanding as the restaurant had no knowledge of our booking we were looked after impeccably and even given a bottle of wine on the house as an apology, the lobster was amazing and extra fries and salas were offered a couple of times, nothing was too much trouble!
- good food but lacks ambiencemaryjDined on 3/8/2014I went to this restaurant on a Sunday lunchtime. I was surprised that they give you a whole lobster for £17, I thought that was really good value. The unlimited chips and salad is a nice touch too. The restaurant looks great and as it's in the Radisson hotel, it's very elegant. However, there was 0 atmosphere in there. The place was too quiet so you felt you had to whisper otherwise everyone would be listening to your conversation. The music was too soft and didn't create a good atmosphere. Overall, the ambience didn't go with the food. You'd expect that kind of setting at a very formal, gourmet restaurant, but not somewhere where supposedly you can enjoy lobster or steak for a low price. It wasn't welcoming and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachWDined on 30/7/2014The service was amazing! They were all so lovely and attentive. The food really was exactly what I had hoped and as it was my first time eating lobster I was happy that the waiter didn't make me feel embarrassed when I asked how to eat it, very friendly and would 100% go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disastersarahlou1982Dined on 2/7/2014Didn't eat here coz I looked thru kitchen window there was raw meat next to cooked meat plus saw chef dish food up and pour sauce then the chef ate from spoon and used same spoon this is disgusting
- Good valueLuckyladyDined on 30/5/2014Our steaks were perfectly cooked and a good portion size. Service was attentive even thought the restaurant was really busy on the Friday night we were there. Also, the fries and salad were replenished immediately. The one downside was the music choice plus the volume got louder as the night progressed so conversation where we were sitting was difficult in spite of moving to a different table once we realised there was an issue.Special Features:
- Hoped for betterTastyeatsDined on 26/5/2014Lobster was completely tasteless. Salad just green, steak was ok. Very long waiting time 10% added to bill which we had removed as service very slow. Hoped for better as we were celebrating 35th anniversary.
- Good food, service and value!HappyfeetDined on 10/5/2014The menu is simple-steak or lobster! There are a few starters and sides to supplement. The service is speedy and functional but not warm. The food was good, only downside being i forgot I was in the UK where you have to ask for a blue steak to get anything close to rare-mine came out medium! Will be going back as it's great value with the all you can eat chips/salad and the restaurant is a lovely place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We both chose LOBSTER!VeenaDined on 29/4/2014Amazing value, great venue and service! Lobster was lush albeit v fiddling (not a lobster expert unfortunately!) But lovely and the choc cheesecake for dessert is simply phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration PlaceTMatthewsDined on 15/3/2014Great place for a birthday celebration as it's a bit different. The unlimited fries and salad really was unlimited and you didn't even have to ask. Starters expensive for what they are as are the drinks. Lobster definitely recommended. Cabger quite noisy when groups are in but that is probably due to the accoustics of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly averageSolkyDined on 8/3/2014Average steak, average lobster and poor bordering on rude service, particularly from the restaurant manager.
- Delicious food but poor serviceBwainoDined on 8/3/2014This was the first time I had lobster and I will be having it again!!! The food is very good value for money. The 'all you can eat' salad and chips is pretty non-existent due to the poor service. We were sat down at 5.30pm and ordered rather quickly. We had olives and bread for starter and that came out quickly. Another couple sat down next to us (very close proximity) and ordered after our starter plates had been cleared. Our dinner was given to them! Not even an apology from the waitress and out dinner did not arrive for another 15mins!!! Service doesn't particularly bother me in a standard restaurant like is, I just don't pay the tip! Overall, the food was great and I have booked again - but I won't tip them if the service is poor.Special Features:
- Great concept, either a wholekatyjoDined on 31/1/2014Great concept, either a whole lobster, steamed or grilled; or steak, unlimited fries and salad, for £17. We had one of each, lobster was delicious and steak very good, fries and salad kept coming and service was excellent. As menu is limited choice the food comes very quickly so great for pre-theatre or if you don't want a long drawn-out meal, however we took our time and weren't rushed. Lovely wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Excellent ServiceStephDined on 9/12/2013I was there with my family for a nice meal after graduation. We had steaks and a glass of wine and some cheese for desert. The food was delicious, the service very nice and friendly. A great experience overall, and great value for money. I would certainly go there again and recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceWavydaveyDined on 23/11/2013Busy city centre bistro-style restaurant. We went for an early supper after a matinee theatre performance. Big screen TVs showing Sky Sports near the bar attracts residents and non-residents alike, which detracts somewhat from the overall ambience. The food and service, however, were both excellent, and good value. We both went for the grilled lobster which was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food / quality and valuedatenightDined on 1/11/2013great food / quality and value .Second visit here and exceed the first. Thank u xxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster or Steak good valueBlitzCharlieDined on 1/11/2013Lovely setting, beautiful food. Both the Lobster and the Steak are good value (I insisted y partner get the other for a nice care-share manoeuvre. Friendly service and very good value especially with the bottomless fires and salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacking atmospherephanceyDined on 1/11/2013hotel restaurant. Functional. But good value Steak and Lobster and that's what we wanted before going to the Velodrome so fit for purposeSpecial Features:
- The following 240 reviews are from the Steak and Lobster Manchester reviews archive.
- The restaurant was very niceDianne1Dined on 18/10/2013The restaurant was very nice inside and quite a good atmosphere. There didn't seem to be enough staff and when the food came it was luke warm. The taste was there but a shame it was not hot. The steak/lobster was £17 with an additional charge for sauce. The salad was limp and the croutons were soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food let down by servicegazzathom40Dined on 18/10/2013Our 2nd visit in 2 weeks - great value and excellent food. However this time let down by the service. 5 minutes after sitting down we had to ask for a wine list. No issue with food or quality of wine. Decided to share a cheese board for dessert. Asked the waitress and after 10 minutes still had not arrived. A second waitress then came over, apologised for the delay and asked if we would like to order dessert! We eventually got the cheese. Not sure what hapened in the space of a week, but service definitely gone downhill in a week. Hopefully just a one-offSpecial Features:
- Not greatly impressed..FoodieDined on 18/10/2013Was expecting a larger lobster. You had to throw most of what you got away.. Was alright but over-priced in my book.Special Features:
- Steak and Lobster bargaingazzathom40Dined on 11/10/2013Choose steak or lobster - both come with crisp fries and perfectly dressed salad, plus a choice of sauces. Need more fries or salad - just ask. Perfectly cooked and presented with excellent service. Well portioned cheese board to follow rounded off an excellent evening. The main was £15 each, and although just gone up to £17 we have already booked again to go this Friday. We both had the steak last week, so time to try out the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What not to like?FirepufferDined on 8/10/2013Although I love food, both eating and preparing it, I'd never had lobster before, so this seemed a great opportunity. The restaurant itself is in the new "shell" of the Radisson, created behind the old facade of the Free Trade Hall. This works well. We were seated promptly and our server explained the routine of dining and the (limited) options available. The food wasn't rushed, but the wait was acceptable and when it came, it was hot and tasty. We had anther fries and salad each, no charge for this and enjoyed fiddling with the various lobster parts. Would I do it again? Sure at that price, what's not to like? Lobster? It was good but fiddly, so its steak for me next time. The wine isn't cheap though, but great value though overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilled out eveningMrsDDined on 4/10/2013We had a table booked for 8pm on a Friday night, the restaurant was busy and there was a really nice chilled out ambience. We ordered 1 lobster & 1 steak meal and both were delicious, we were offered more fries & salad halfway through our meal which was a nice suprise. We both also had dessert and coffee, the staff were really friendly and attentive without being annoying, We really enjoyed our evening and plan to visit Alto again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good valueMarkVIPDined on 2/10/2013For what we paid it was excellent, we enjoyed the steak and the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always. I have takenSizzleDined on 4/9/2013Great as always. I have taken advantage of the steak and lobster offer several times and every time, the food, service and ambience is spot on. Thank you and I look forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flying Visit.ckflashDined on 31/8/2013Solo diner only in town 1 x night, I thought it good value, the waiter brought me as much fries & salad as I wanted, nice location, the guy who showed me my table was welcoming explaining how the deal worked.. Enjoyed it & afterwardfs I asked the waiter for a nice bar to take a drink, by the canal, he recommended a place again nice spot..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with the Lobster!wudipestDined on 30/8/2013£15 for either a lobster or Sirloin steak (with unlimited fries and salad) is too good a deal. I prefer the steamed lobster myself as it's more juicy than the grilled lobster. I am not a fan of sirloin so I have never tried the steak. However, I am impressed with the steak bite starter (additional cost). The restaurant itself is pleasant enough, the tables can be quite close to each other and you will overhear the next table's conversation. It can get pretty noisy when everybody starts talking. Service is a bit hit and miss especially when it's busy. You may have to actively seek the attention of the staff on more than one occasion to get something. That said, I'll go there again when I have a craving for lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic! !!lobsterliciousDined on 24/8/2013My partner and myself had never tried lobster before, not only was the food delicious but it was affordable and the hole general feel was top quality. We'd definitely go again and take friends:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticlove2dineoutDined on 22/8/2013Been lots of times and always good food and service - would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm Lovely place to eat...Mit73Dined on 8/8/2013This is a very limited menu of Steak or Lobster, there is a vegetarian option also and some starters. Unlimited fries and salad which is a bonus. The staff are very welcoming, food is wonderful and morish so we got steak each and a lobster to share.... drinks and desert are lovely also. Lovely place to eat, lovely ambience and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the lobster in altoUnimpressedDined on 30/7/2013I ordered the lobster in alto restaurant at the radisson hotel, I sent it back as it was over cooked, it tasted like a rubber ring, the second lobster arrived, that to was over cooked. I decided not to complain, again, I wanted to finish my meal (what I could eat of it) & leave. The fries looked & tasted as if they came from McDonald's. The interior of alto is tired & grubby, this restaurant needs a re vamp, & it was void of atmosphere, but what do you expect from a hotel restaurant? The only redeeming quality was the service was polite.
- Still good valueLuckyladyDined on 6/7/2013Its been over 6 months since we last dined at Alto but the food and service are still as good as we remembered. We ate there on a Saturday night but it wasn't so busy where we needed to book and that was just as well as they didn't have our booking listed ! We'll be regulars again over the next few monthsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.