No 3 Berners Street
London, W1T 3LDNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stefsitalian.co.uk/
- Phone: 02030731041
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 10:30pm
Wednesday: 10am - 10:30pm
Thursday: 10am - 10:30pm
Friday: 10am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francesco Berlucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Stef's Italian
Named after its friendly owner, Stef’s is a family-run Italian eatery in the heart of the London’s West End. The atmosphere is laid-back and unpretentious, allowing the first class food and wine to speak for itself. The menu is traditional and extensive, full of Italian classics like Gamberoni Diavola and Bistecca di Manzo with a brandy, cream and three peppercorn sauce. There’s a pasta to please everyone and the kids will love the authentic thin-crust pizzas. Situated just off Oxford Street, Stef’s is the perfect place to linger over lunch or enjoy dinner before a night out in nearby Soho.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
Stef's Italian - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Stef's Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since 26 May 2014
pre/post theatre (69)group bookings (45)outstanding value (43)special occasions (35)business meals (26)fit for foodies (23)romance (19)good vegetarian options (19)child friendly (9)sunday lunch (9)brunch (6)outdoor eating (2)disabled access (2)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Dinner at StefsAandSDined on 6/9/2014The service was friendly. We arrived half an hour before two coach loads of hen parties so it started quiet then was very noisy but a nice atmosphere. My friend and I had the 16.95 two course menu. The food was good but not outstanding but good value for money.Special Features:
- a great mealDaveDined on 6/9/2014Three of us dined on saturday evening. when we arrived the restaurant was quiet, but this was the lull before the storm! The Maitre'D advised us to get our order in as a couple of parties were due. he was not joking. soon two hen parties came in and the noise was incredible. despite the restaurant soon being full, following the arrival of 20 or so students, the staff were attentive ans the food can only be described as excellent. With the number of diners, we could have been overlooked but the Maitre'D kept tight control of his staff and we had a very good meal. The only thing that would have improved the evening would have been complimentary ear defenders. we will be back. no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLondonRedDined on 3/9/2014We had a lovely evening and our waiter was particularly friendly. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok for a quick lunchzagazig33Dined on 30/8/2014went to Stef's Italian for a late lunch on Saturday. Restaurant was not busy which was lucky as one of our party was quite late and we sat over drinks for a while. Food was substantial - not fine dining but an adequate meal - everyone enjoyed their food and said it was tasty. Service was a bit hit and miss - again we were not in a hurry so it was fine for us. Atmosphere was more of a cafe style than restaurant - I guess a local eatery for people working nearby who want to come in and grab a quick lunch. When we were leaving the staff were sitting down to their own lunch - from Nandos next door! Doesnt inspire their confidence in the kitchen!!
- Lovely atmosphere and good valueLucyDined on 27/8/2014We had great service here. The waiters were very attentive and the food was lovely. We had the two course set menu deal which was great value. Would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 16th August 2014 Pre-theatre mealJCMillHillNW7Dined on 16/8/2014Great restaurant and one of the best value for money places in London. this was the third time we have been there and the fiends we were with said how much the enjoyed it. It's large enough for a group but also comfortable for just a couple.We will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still stunning!VSN276Dined on 15/8/2014We are regular visitors to Stef's over the years, and its very high standards are being maintained. Owner Stef was off looking for Chuck Berry in the Pyramids, but left this busy, fun Italian restaurant in the hands of his charismatic, friendly and enthusiastic staff. Great food and wine as ever!Special Features:
- Faulty Towers opens a restaurant.LondonGirlDined on 9/8/2014I had high hopes for Stef's after reading the reviews on OpenTable but I was very dissapointed. Our guest arrived before we did and was not greeted as she walked in. She had to chase down a waiter to help her find our table. After we had all arrived we had to ask for menus...ask to order drinks...ask to order food...after 45 minutes we asked where our drinks were....then after an hour our food arrived before our drinks. Terrible servcie and I will never be going back there.
- birthday dinnerFoodieDined on 9/8/2014Good food and atmosphere, friendly staff. All of us enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceDazedivaDined on 2/8/2014Went there on a Saturday afternoon and luckily there was some outdoor seating available. Generous size portions of food that had the real taste of Italy ! Service staff were friendly and willing to make adjustments on our pre-set menu which was really left a good impression Will definitely go back !Special Features:
- Back AgainwoodyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Three of us girls came here about a year ago with a theatre deal. We loved it so much that we vowed to go back again. The staff are really friendly and the food is great what more do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodHB77Dined on 4/7/2014Seated at a table for 2 when there were 3 people booked. TV on the football which seemed to be distracting the waiting staff. Despite the average service received, we had a lovely meal, the food was delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and cheapSS1980Dined on 11/6/2014Pleasant staff, reasonable food, great value and location. Really considerate with getting food out quickly as we had a theatre booking.Special Features:
- Nice place for a lunch meetingLondonFoodie12Dined on 22/5/2014Stef's is a great place in central London for a lunch meeting as it always seems to be quiet enough to hold a conversation (a rarity near Oxford Street!). Only disappointment was that they didn't bother to let OpenTable know that I had arrived for my booking leading to a lengthy back and forth with the OpenTable support team to get my 'missed booking' flag removed!Special Features:
- Post theatre & birthdayCazzieDined on 17/5/2014Initially chosen as close to theatre, had 'special deals' & looked as though it would accommodate 7 lovely ladies cuisine tastes, particularly with a Bellini/spritzer included. However, a wonderful welcome, asked whose birthday (mine) sat near window which was probably less noisey than further down. We went from the 2 courses offer to the 3 including wine as menu was tempting and good value, set menu was perfect for us, although a la carte looks good too. Good friendly service, delicious food. Comfortable seating. Downstairs to loos. Pretty good house wine. Ice cream & candle 'happy birthday' surprise ;) . Fairly modern rather than rustic Italian. Will definitely recommend it and go again. Thank you to the staff .Special Features:
- Poor quality set mealTotsDined on 16/5/2014We went for the 3 courses and half a bottle of wine for £23 which seemed too good to be true - it was! We had to ask for our first bottle of wine - twice - and when they brought over our third half bottle, it was a completely different type....and not pleasant. The restaurant was half empty so there were no excuses for poor or slow service. The mussels were gritty and the pork chewy. They tried very hard to persuade us to eat from the main menu and said 'you get what you pay for'. Too true. That said, the staff were friendly but I'm sorry, I wouldn't return.
- Excellent food and lovely ambienceAngelDined on 9/5/2014We took up their special 2 course offer + prosecco for a ladies night. Food was excellent - really good vegetarian options plus seafood was delicious too. Very nice service. Won't be our last time for sure and most happy to recommend. Still dream of their goats cheese pasta dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbandbarbandDined on 9/5/2014Very good value with excellent food and service would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealJojoDined on 2/5/2014We had the three course set menu deal with half a bottle of wine which was excellent value. The set menu options were good and the food was even better. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and we would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueartzblondDined on 25/4/2014Mussels to start were in a tasty sauce, baked cod was served on a generous bed of mash with green beans (no sneaky charges for sides!), dessert of amaretto panocotta was very rich but also delicious. At £22.95 with a half bottle of wine, you couldn't quibble. Surprisingly central and not jam packed - even on a rainy Friday.Special Features:
- Amazing italian!AdrianaBTDined on 25/4/2014We went for a meal with family and friends and it was amazing. The service was superb and the food was really really nice and good portions! We all left full and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, aweful free drinkUsuallyluv2dineDined on 11/4/2014The food here was very good and all but one of the meals we ordered we were impressed with. The free peach Bellini, however, was absolutely disgusting and all four of us tasted something strange about it, it tasted completely off. We did not drink these but otherwise we had a lovely evening.
- Good valueLizzy56Dined on 10/4/2014We had the set meal with Bellini. Good portions ,tasty food. Friendly service. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceBexwixDined on 10/4/2014I met 4 friends here for dinner and we loved the round table which made chatting easy. Nice ambience, and the food was good. We had the three courses for 22.50 deal. The salmon pasta was excellent, really smoky. The calamari was rubbery - the bruschetta starter looked ok. We waited literally 40 minutes for the waiter to come over. We asked four times for water before we got any. At one point I signalled to the waiter and he literally threw his hands in the air with some wine glasses as if to say 'I'm too busy for this!' They were nice when they had time for us but we waited a very long time between courses which was ok for us as we were after a place to hang out and chat but I wouldn't come here for a quick bite or pre theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Good ValueGillyDined on 10/4/2014Booked a top table deal which was excellent. My companion visited the week before with the same deal so she knew what to expect. The staff were friendly and the service was efficient and fun. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good everyday foodEcatDined on 5/4/2014Pleasant service, but a very busy restaurant. Food was fine, nothing special but enjoyable and good value with the offers from the set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experience and good valuesnakehipsDined on 4/4/2014Booked for the 2 course + belini cocktail £15.95. The staff were very friendly and the food was lovely. Had to remind the waiter about the coctails after we had got out main courses and a bottle of wine. Would have been nicer to have had the coctail first or even with the starter. Would eat there again and recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed!rojoboDined on 29/3/2014First time visiting Stef's on Sat 29/03 for a friend's birthday. Booked for a group of 6. Checked the reviews on Top Table and am pleased that they were spot on. The food was great and the restaurant had a relaxed and modern feel with nice lighting. Plenty of space between the tables, comfortable and very clean. Waiters took time time to chat and were attentive and pleasant. We were not rushed. The set menu for £22.95 (incl. half bottle of wine) was extremely good value for money. We each ended up paying a total of £30 which included extra drinks and service; everyone at our table agreed that this was great value for a meal out in London on a Saturday night. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyBigNightOutDined on 29/3/2014Great night at Stef's - treated very well (including by Stef himself) in spite of the restaurant being so busy. Pizza absolutely delicious. Very good value for central London - go for a relaxed night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value for moneyJanlaDined on 29/3/2014There were 4 of us in our party and had booked for 7.30 however went to the restaurant at 6.00pm and they kindly accomodated an earlier table request with no problem at all. We had the fixed 3 course menu with wine. The food was excellent and didn't feel like it was an offer as the food was off the main menu. The wine was very nice, not just plonk! Only one criticism was that we ordered some bread and oil which they forgot but as soon as they realised they were very apologetic and we had it straight away, The staff were very friendly and really added to the whole experience. Try the Mango Panna Cota, gorgeous ! Would definitley go again.Special Features:
- Singin' Birthday PartyshybirthdayboyDined on 29/3/2014I celebrated my birthday with a group of friends at Stef's and it turned out to be a memorable experience. The staff were friendly and attentative, the restaurant has a nice ambience (although it was very warm inside) and the food was delicious. About a 10 minute walk from Oxford Circus the location is good too. When they brought out the cake that a friend had arranged, the happy birthday song was played over the speakers and the whole restaurant joined in, making it slightly embarrassing lol. Thank you for making my celebration that extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, poor atmospheremdiningDined on 28/3/2014The food was really nice, especially the squid starter & tirimasu dessert, which was a great portion size. The wine that accompanied the meal was good. However, the restaurant was packed & incredibly loud- I had to shout to get myself heard. The tables were too close together. It's a shame as when I had dined there a few years ago it was a nice, quiet place to visit- I guess that's what happen when there are food deals!Special Features:
- Genuine Italian gem...Marina183VIPDined on 28/3/2014Great food. buzzy atmosphere, and fantastic friendly service - the place was heaving on a Friday night and service was still fantastic. Would recommend strongly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly atmosphere & great foodlubruDined on 22/3/2014once again stef's haven't disappointed, with some great dishes, reasonable prices and very warm reception from staff...great evening out, to be repeated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit and just as goodBwanabDined on 17/3/2014I booked this at short notice for a business lunch. The range of food choice, standard of cooking and presentation and portion sizes were as well judged as on my first visit, but this time the service was much more attentive. All round a good experience.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-theatre meal!ShortyDined on 15/3/2014As we didnt want the hassle of finding somewhere to eat last minute before a show, we looked into places to eat nearby whilst on train to London. Stefs looked a perfect option with a pre-theatre offer of 3 courses and a bottle of wine for £22.95. As it turned out, we were offered some fantastic choices on the menu. We chose a bottle of red wine that tasted sublime and every course we chose was delicious (the lobster sauce on my cod loin was simply gorgeous). The staff were very friendly and welcoming and although a first sitting, we never felt we were being rushed. All in all a perfect pre-theatre dinner that we will definitely recommend and do again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent venue, location & serviceilovemaguireVIPDined on 7/3/2014Went here for a party with friends- great fun/friendly service and amazing value at 3 courses + half bottle of wine for £22.50!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantMonty3Dined on 7/3/2014We had a pre-theatre meal. We arrived earlier than booked this was not a problem with them. We had booked the 3 course set meal but was given the a la carte menu as well as set menu. We choose the a la carte menu which they were perfectly fine about. Ordered our meals, food was fantastic, service fantastic and we would highly recommend this restaurant to friends. We will be going back ourselves as we had such a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finePaulieVIPDined on 6/3/2014Went for the 3 course top table menu. 4 choices for each dish. I enjoyed my meal as did my partner but I didn't think it was anything special. For my main course, I had chicken parmigana which was fine but I do worry when a meal I order is not as good as when I make the dish myself and unfortunately this was the case, my partner had pork loin and said it was tender and delicious. Starter of calamari (we both had) was delicious and the desserts were also good especially the tiramisiu. Service was friendly and mostly attentive.Would go again but wouldn't be in any particular rush to revisit.Special Features:
- Lovely romantic dinner at Stef'sThe1stMacAlbaDined on 5/3/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed a really nice dinner date at Stef's. We used the fixed price menu and were pleased with its choices. The food that we selected was well prepared and nicely presented. The staff were attentive and friendly and, although the restaurant was busy, our food was served in an appropriately timely manner. Accordingly, we thank Rosario, Fabrizio, the chef (whom we thanked personally before we left) and the kitchen team for helping to make it a great evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.