15 Charlotte Lane
Edinburgh, EH2 4QZNeighbourhood:
InternationalPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sygn.co.uk/
- Phone: 01312256060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining Room for up to 30
A word from Sygn
Sygn is a modern bar kitchen that puts the emphasis on fun. Their bartenders make awesome cocktails and serve a great range of beer, wine and premium spirits. Their chefs produce the finest burgers, pizzas and haute dogs in town. The kitchen team uses the best ingredients and sources as much as possible from local suppliers. We think you’ll love what we do.Continued
Book a table today for dinner or drinks.
Please be aware guest must be 18 or over.
Book a table today for dinner or drinks.
Please be aware guest must be 18 or over.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sygn reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since 23 October 2013
group bookings (29)outstanding value (23)fit for foodies (11)sunday lunch (11)brunch (11)business meals (10)pre/post theatre (10)special occasions (10)good vegetarian options (7)disabled access (6)romance (5)child friendly (4)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- LucyGDined on 10/10/2014Absolutely amazing! The service was super quick and the waitresses were very attentive. The food was super tasty. Overall a very very good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- signOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Went to Sign for an evening meal. Staff busy but provided a very friendly and efficient service. Food quite simple but as advertised, pizzas, burgers, wraps etc and cooked and presented fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sygn - Fun diningClaireDined on 27/8/2014Great food - we had a sharing starter of homemade nachos and then a course each with the 15% discount. Very reasonable pricing, exciting flavours on classic meals.Special Features:
- Don't waste your moneyWeluvtoeatoutDined on 23/8/2014I won't be attending here again. We waited a good 15 minutes for a drink and we had to ask someone to take our good order. We then waited long enough for our bill. Certainly not worth it
- Lively, Vibrant, Great ServiceedinburgherDined on 16/8/2014A fun, lively place to eat in town before heading out. The staff are very attentive without being annoying. The food was tasty and good value. Nice to see portion sizes that are filling yet not too much, just right. Food served in quirky way, very cute. Only wish the chilli beef wrap was more chilli like!Special Features:
- Sygn - a place to eatXLNTDined on 13/8/2014The food was lovely and service was excellent especially the promptness and attention. The only downside is the volume of the music. At times it can be hard to hear what others were saying. Generally, when people go out to eat they want to talk and loud music makes this a bit more difficult. The time of our meal was 5pm - I could understand it maybe getting a bit louder later on in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V good. Great cocktails. Good valueIanJamboDined on 9/8/2014We booked for a party of 4 for a pre-show meal, and at the last minute we added 1 person to the booking. Luckily this was no problem to the staff and they gave us a larger table. The Open Table deal included 15% off the food bill and a free cocktail for each person. Given that the cocktails are £7.50, this alone is a very good deal. The food was very good, typical american/international fare. Beware that the Jalepeno poppers are not for the faint hearted. The staff were very friendly and could not have done any more for us. I would recommend Sygn to anyone, but do be aware that the music does get louder as the evening goes on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok-ish, good valueprimroseDined on 16/7/2014I've been going to Sygn for a few years, but it had been 18 months since I was last there. The menu has changed quite a bit, and unfortunately I think it's a change for the worse - the choice wasn't as good as it used to be, and the standard of the food was mediocre at best. However, it can't really be beaten for value, and it is a good place to go with a group. The service wasn't great - we were served by a couple of slightly surly girls, one of whom kept trying to up-sell, which I think is quite off-putting. We were next to a very rowdy table, and it would have been nice if someone had asked them to keep it down. I probably will be back because it is good value and location, but I won't be recommending it.Special Features:
- ExcellentTattieDined on 6/6/2014Went to Sygn on the 15% off and a free cocktail offer. Great value for money and a delicious cocktail served by an excellent guy. We ordered a glass of white wine with our meal which was not chilled but it was no problem for him to change it for a colder one, Total bill £36.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceSnoopDined on 31/5/2014Excellent choice of menu, great selection of shared starters, Great burgers & the stone baked pizza was massive. Some fab cocktails to start the night with too. Defo be back.Special Features:
- Excellent value, good foodjennoiDined on 25/5/2014Booked a table to enjoy the special offer of a free cocktail & 15% off the menu. Burgers are the best option on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktails & burgers both deliciousacm2Dined on 4/5/2014visited Sygn for first time in a while on Sunday. Cocktails were great and service was fantastic. Whilst the menu isn't exhaustive, the food and presentation is awesome. will be returning without a doubt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night PlaceFoody268Dined on 18/4/2014Great food, friendly service and a brilliant place to start the weekend!Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and foodleena1986Dined on 4/4/2014Lovely place to catch up with a friend - great food, atmospherere, food and amazng cocktails as always. Only downfall was the service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar foodCorkljcDined on 30/3/2014This was a great bargain as we had an offer for a free cocktail and 15% off our bill. Our cocktails were very good, and left us wanting more! The food was pretty good, but not particularly exciting - pizza and a Toulouse sausage dog. Good French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ValueBellaBellaDined on 23/3/2014The Toptable deal is excellent value and I particularly recommend the crayfish and chilli salad if you are a fish fan.Special Features:
- Very happy customer!!Joannaaddy7Dined on 8/3/2014Booked a table through top table for me and 5 friends. Couldn't fault anything, the food was really tasty, amazing value for money, I could have sat and had cocktails there all night they were really nice and such a good variety too! The music was slightly too loud for dining but think this was mabey as a Saturday night and people out drinking at the bar! Me and the rest of my party were really impressed and will definitely return! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday night at sygnangdineDined on 7/3/2014Busy night, lots of noise with many "drinking only" standing alongside our table, but they moved on about 9 pm. Food very good and service prompt and very good.Special Features:
- I booked the 15% off and freeBruce1980Dined on 1/3/2014I booked the 15% off and free cocktail offer for a lunch with friends who were visiting. The food was great, the atmosphere was lively and it worked for a 6 year old too! Overall a great experience which I will be repeating.Special Features:
- Lively and stylish place to eatPeaBakesDined on 1/3/2014We visited Sygn on a busy Saturday afternoon. Despite being only 1pm the atmosphere inside was already starting to feel like the lively Saturday night "warm up" - the noise of 2 large parties nearby was almost deafening. If a quiet dining experience is what you're after I feel a midweek visit here might be better suited. We took advantage of the 15% off food offer with free cocktail and my party of 3 were unanimously impressed with the quality and value for money. Food and drink were absolutely delicious and small table extras all very stylishly presented. Staff (although clearly busy) were helpful, friendly and attentive. In summary - an enjoyable trip to a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingThursdaygirls7Dined on 27/2/2014Sygn was always good. Good food, good music and a good crowd. Unfortunately this time, it looks as though they need to spend some money on it. Food was ok! More pub grub than before. free cocktail and 15% saved the night. Toilets disgusting!!!! We also sat with our coats on due to being sat near the door. Music was good once the place emptied out, but when it was busy, all we could hear was the base, thumping and thumping. Shame really as the playlist was good. They need to sort out their sound system. Probably will not go again. Shame as this used to be a favourite.
- NoisyDeb90Dined on 22/2/2014The food at sygn was delicious and it is very nice inside, however it was extremly noisy and it just got louder and louder as our meal went on! It was full of noisy men who were all standing at the bar which is situated right at the front door. The restaurant isn't very big at all so there was no where we could move to. Me and my friends had to shout across the table to each other. I would recommend this restaurant if u were maybe going during the week or possibly during the day at the weekend as it could be quieter but when me and my friends went on a saturday night it was far too noisy for a quiet meal!Special Features:
- v goodluvtoeatDined on 22/2/2014myself and my fiance were in edinburgh for a long weekend on the 20th feb 2014 and she found sygn online and wanted to go so we went on the sat night we had a table book.for 1845 but were early and they took us straight away what a fun friendly place love the look and the food wad first rate would happly travel 150 miles just to go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night outfamcDined on 8/2/2014Booked offer of 15% discount on food and complimentary cocktail.as a catch up meal with friends. The bar and restaurant were a typical busy saturday night. We managed to get a corner table which meant we were not affected by the number of people standing in ba area or the movement between tables. This made it much more comfortable. Despite there didn't seem to be a lot of staff dealing with the table service we still managed to get prompt service for most of evening though did become more difficult toward later evening (after 9pm). The staff were very courteous and efficient. The food was good quality and decent sized portions and cooked to order reaching table hot and fresh . Disadvantage the music volume does make it difficult to chatSpecial Features:
- great foodtcpajcDined on 7/2/2014Had a 15% food discount deal with complimentary cocktail at 7pm on a Friday. Welcome and service was very good. Food was excellent and well presented. We had starters of haggis pakora and bread with oil. Both were great. We both had burgers which were delicious for our mains. Only 2 minor issues to find fault with. The music was far too loud - had to shout to hear each other. There had obviously been quite crowd in after work and the ladies toilets were a bit messy. Minor issues though and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met friend for dinnerEdinburgheaters2Dined on 6/2/2014Sygn was good, but we didn't realise it was predominantly for young kids and we found the noise a bit much all through the meal. We would not recommend it for older folk wanting to talk. However, the staff were lovely and the food ok but mainly pizza burger type food. We had value for money with a free cocktail and 15 per cent off.Special Features:
- Talking not an optionFabfriday11thDined on 31/1/2014I met my sister and friend there on Friday night at 6.30, it was busy but had a good atmosphere. After we sat at our table for about 10 mins thats when it hit you that you couldn't talk only shout to each other. When the waitress came to serve us she couldn't hear us and we couldn't hear her. Sorry couldn't wait to eat my meal and get out of there. Food and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retox fun!jilletteDined on 22/1/2014Great night out for the gals - booked the Toptable deal of 25% off food and free cocktail, and we had so much fun, we stayed on for coffee, another bottle of wine and another cocktail. Food came in nice large portions, was hot, tasted fabulous. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We'll be back. :)Special Features:
- Good but not greattxb007Dined on 10/1/2014The food is casual ie, hamburgers etc which were very tasty. Staff were friendly and efficient. Ambience was ok but music was way too loud. This is a bar - not a restaurant so if you are in the mood for that, I would recommend it.Special Features:
- just brilliantly cool!!Cairistiona5590Dined on 31/12/2013Sygn is instantly cool from your first step inside! The bar staff are talented and friendly, very welcoming. The atmosphere has a great buzz, lots of laughter and kicked off the beginning to our great night! Waitress' float around, ALWAYS on hand, smiling and so confident. Casually dressed and very helpful. Now the food, flawless! It's basic snack like meals, but they are deluscoys. This place is perfect for a dinner before a night out, a catch up with friends or just a refreshing cocktail! I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDWoodDined on 31/12/2013The food was amazing a really good value, everyone in my party had only good things to say about their meal. The place was clean and the staff welcoming. The only negative I would say was that there didn't seem to be enough staff working especially when it got very busy there seemed to be only one waitress serving the whole place. Apart from that I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intrusive musackBiadhsgoinnealDined on 8/12/2013Sygn is fine. Not my favourite place but fine. Possibly the right place for young trendy clientele. My only real complaint was the loud music that blared out throughout our visit. This made conversation difficult and thereby reduced some of the pleasure. Why do public places think they have the right to impose their or their staff's taste on others?
- Not quite averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 23/11/2013Booked a table for 8 people, service was awful (slow, inattentive, staff didn't know which drinks were available, order was wrong but after waiting so long we accepted it, had to reuse the cutlery from our starts for our main course), food was ok but not great and we never got the free drink that was part of the deal when we booked it despite asking twice. Tables next to the window have a draft from the cold which didn't help.
- The following 616 reviews are from the Sygn reviews archive.
- 2nd time roundSTTTDined on 14/10/2013Unlike my first visit (for food) to Sygn Bar some years back this experience was a lot better. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was well presented and tasted great. Front door was left open making some areas of the venue a bit cold but apart from that minor detail well worth a visit. They also do fantastic cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sygn Saturday EveningMissEddieDined on 12/10/2013Had a very enjoyable evening at Sygn; the online deal of 15% off food & free cocktail is amazing value. The food is presented in a fun way: Burgers served in mini wooden crates with red & white checked paper and ketchup served in mini kilner jars! Scampi starter was served in a deep fry style basket lined with brown paper and Haggis Pakora was served in a mini pail lined with brown paper. Everything was piping hot and tasted lovely. The cocktails are amazing; really different to the normal 'classic' range of cocktails; there are boozy milk shakes and a big choice of cocktails seemingly served in unusual vessels, such as Mango Daquiri served in a totem pole! There was a DJ playing and the atmosphere was very laid back. Well worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friendly placetowinedineDined on 30/9/2013Always reliable food and a good wine choice. Cheerful staff are helpful with food and drink descriptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu has changed significantlycraigs25Dined on 13/9/2013The menu has changed significantly recently to include mainly burgers, wraps, dogs and pizzas so it may not be so good for more formal meals but what we had was good, well cooked and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valuejennoiDined on 5/9/2013Went for a Thursday night dinner with 2 friends on the toptable deal offering 15% off food and a complimentary cocktail. The choice of 4 cocktails was good & our drinks order was taken & delivered quickly which is always good. Food very reasonably priced - this is a real draw. Took a while to come however & I prefer their burgers to the pizza I ordered as the toppings on the lamb pizza were a little sparse. Music bit loud for a place where most people were eating & the 15% wasn't deducted from our bill but it was so reasonable we just paid i without querying it.Special Features:
- Great cocktails and atmosphereClaphamDinerVIPDined on 24/8/2013We were visiting Edinburgh for the last weekend of the Fringe Festival. We had tickets to an 8:00 pm show and looked for dinner options close to the venue. Sygn was in a great location, tucked away from crowded George Street. The Toptable deal was two free cocktails and 15% off the total check. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and cocktails. Great value and we would return.Special Features:
- Met a friend for a girly dinnerFoody268Dined on 16/8/2013Met a friend for a girly dinner and catch up and Sygn was perfect. Cocktails, haute dogs and wine plus fun friendly staff - would definitely recommend!Special Features: