9-11 Bow Churchyard
London, EC4M 9DQNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tabernaetrusca.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072485552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm Dinner: Tuesday-Friday 18:00-22:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giorgio Puddu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Etrusca Events – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Etrusca Events – email@example.com
A word from Taberna Etrusca
Established in 1967, Taberna Etrusca is an Italian restaurant in the classic trattoria style, with textured walls, tiled floor, open-beamed ceiling and an overall timeless quality. A pretty courtyard catches the sun during the Summer with tables highly sought after. The entire restaurant can be hired evenings and weekends and being so perfectly situated next to Bow Bells Churchyard, wedding receptions are naturally popular here throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taberna Etrusca reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since 23 May 2014
business meals (112)special occasions (39)group bookings (34)fit for foodies (33)romance (30)good vegetarian options (27)outdoor eating (24)pre/post theatre (12)outstanding value (10)brunch (7)sunday lunch (5)child friendly (4)afternoon tea (2)disabled access (2)Show More
- fantastic as alwaysfoodie3ldnDined on 12/9/2014Made a last minute and late booking and as always we were accomdated by the staff perfectly. Will always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to know aboutUniDinerDined on 29/8/2014Had a relaxing enjoyable lunch here. Bow Lane is delightful to amble around and restaurants in interesting pedestrian areas of London start off with a huge advantage in my view. I anticipated that the interior might be a bit cramped as a result, but nothing could have been further from the truth. It was airy and full of character with tables comfortably spaced. We shared a good plate of antipasto and then had fish. The tuna was particularly beautifully cooked. Plus interesting Italian wines that you don't always see on wine lists. The service was very prompt - ever so slightly too prompt when it came to constantly filling our wine glasses but they calmed down a bit when it became clear that we were not in a rush. One to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was averageMTS2014Dined on 28/8/2014The Service was quite bad and very Slow! We had to wait about 40 mins to order. Trying to get the Bill also took a long time, which was really annoying.Special Features:
- Good choiceAM60LondonVIPDined on 28/8/2014A friendly and efficient welcome greeting. Service was quick and efficient. The food was very tasty and well cooked. I felt it was slightly over priced for the size of portion that we were given. I eat at this restaurant a few times a year and it is consistently good service and food. On arrival just before opening time at 6.00 pm we were turned away. We went to the pub next door and bought a drink there instead. If we'd been allowed in just that few minutes early then we would gladly have paid for a pre dinner drink in Taberna Etrusca.
- authentic italian food in the cityBarbaraDined on 22/8/2014amazing and true italian food in the heart of the city. this little characteristic italian restaurant has lovely food and amazing flavors. would definitely go back thereSpecial Features:
- Outstanding escalope MilaneseBillDined on 30/7/2014A table for four al fresco in the (very pleasant, quiet, with a nice view of St Mary le Bow's spire) courtyard. A beautiful evening. Friendly and adequate service. Very good food - with an outstanding (for both size and quality) escalope Milanese. No pressure; good hospitality - so a generally very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Should have tried it long agoSquareMileOmnivoreDined on 24/7/2014Our office was nearby for over a year, but I never got round to dining. Mistake! Hearty well executed Italian food, plenty of choice for the vegetarian in our work colleagues party of four. Very attentive, but not intrusive, service, admittedly on a **relatively** quiet high summer Tuesday. Very traditional Italian restaurant decor - plethora of posters and photos etc - but attractive of its kind. Excellent choice of wine at reasonable markups - we had a splendid Chianti, from Antinori, that did not disgrace the elevated " Tenuta Tignanello" tag on its label, derived from perhaps that estate's most famous wine. Given cocktails, aperitifs and three (sensibly decanted) bottles of the Antinori, the final bill was very reasonable indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGeoffDined on 16/7/20146 of us went here for dinner after an event in the City. They were very helpful when I rang to say that we were running late. Unfortunately we couldn't sit outside as it was a warm night, but we did get a table next to the terrace doors. Everyone was delighted with the quality of the food - I had an excellent spaghetti vongole easily comparable to the best that I had in Verona a week earlier! Service was good and the wines - Soave and valpolicella were reasonably priced for the City.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014A very pleasant lunch , sat outdoors in fine weather .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taberna Etrsuca authentic ItalianMattBVIPDined on 15/7/2014Taberna Etrsuca provides authentic Italian food and service. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet2VIPDined on 15/7/2014All in all an excellent dinner. The restaurant has a secluded courtyard which it opens in the summer and we ate outside. The menu is imaginative and varied. The standard of both service and cuisine was high and we found the dining experience very enjoyable. The wine list is extensive but fairly pricey.Special Features:
- AlfrescoOL12Dined on 1/7/2014Sweet evening in the courtyard, Food was good, recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with some hiccupstinyDined on 1/7/2014Great restaurant with good sized portions of tasty homemade italian food. Been a few times before and completely enjoyed it but on this occasion they gave us different menus and then told us what we wanted we couldnt have. They made a big show of them asking the chef to accomodate us and overall the service was lackluster this time round. I wasnt impressed. Food was good when it came as usualSpecial Features:
- FantasticEAM1Dined on 26/6/2014We just love this restaurant. Food is always varied and delicious and it is so refreshing to be able to go somewhere like this in the City where most places are chains. This time we sat in the courtyard - very charming. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Taberna Etrusca ItalianReviewer1VIPDined on 18/6/2014Taberna Etrusca Italian - great for al fresco dining now that the sun is out - good, reliable food - great serviceSpecial Features:
- DTFLDined on 18/6/2014Good food, good service and decent value for money.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantHitsDined on 13/6/2014A great Italian restaurant in the city. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- week day evening mealhya1968Dined on 11/6/2014Went to etrucsa for dinner with a girlfriend. Nice food and good selection of choices. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and they allowed her to swap between al la carte and set menu which I thought was true customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute lunchCityluncherVIPDined on 11/6/2014Great value on set lunch for £17. Food lacks a little subtlety but is OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but over-pricedmadeleineforsythDined on 4/6/2014I took a friend here for the 2 courses for £17, and to be honest it was very confusing because they had hidden the set menu by calling it the Daily Specials, and no attempt was made to draw our attention to it. The specials menu was very limited so we didn't really even look at it. The meal was tasty, and the service during the meal ranged form extremely attentive to ignored. Afterwards we were brought a bill which assumed we had a Taste Card (we did not), and then another substantially more expensive bill. Unfortunately I do not think we will be dining here again, it wasn't really good value for money.Special Features:
- ShalDined on 3/6/2014Taberna Estrusca is a typical Italian Restaurant due to it's location it's main clientiele are Office Workers. Food is good but wine is expensive.Special Features:
- Good value Italian in the citynoigelDined on 22/5/2014Good food - not outstanding but good; reasonably priced wines; good service - waiters keen to keep refilling wine glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food for thoughtDeanneVIPDined on 16/5/2014Great food, lovely staff, great venue. I would suggest one bit of improvement - waiters constantly topped up the wine, which is normally the sign of a restaurant trying to sell more. When I put my hand over the glass, they understood that as me not wanting any more at all so stopped serving. When I asked for some more and I prefer it to be cold, they kept topping up mouthfuls only. Not a major problem, more an annoyance which could easily be rectified. One other thing - adding an extra £4 to a pasta dish to make it a main, means that you ended up serving a huge portion to ensure fairness I guess! We were moved to think that a starter portion would have been enough
- Friendly feelluv2dineVIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food. Set menu good value. Service was friendly and efficient. Nice ambience.Special Features:
- Sea bass and wineAndie67Dined on 2/5/2014We were the first ones in there for the evening setting, so had lots of attention. Just had the bread to start, which was a little dry, but could not fault the main meal of see bass. Nice bottle of Italian Syrah to wash it down with - recommended. Went with a friend, but would like to go back with the hubby.Special Features:
- FoodeeVIPDined on 29/4/2014Really enjoyed our meal here, the food was fantastic and the service was very very good. Would certainly go back, Good menu selection also!Special Features:
- Taberna EtruscaReviewer1VIPDined on 24/4/2014Taberna Etrusca offers good quality reliable food and great service and a courtyard perfect for the summer..Special Features:
- PhilipPMacVIPDined on 24/4/2014Reliable and good authentic Italian food. Service always excellentSpecial Features:
- An excellent restaurantBeefyDined on 17/4/2014As always the food was excellent, the service attentive and well humoured, and the ambiance spot on.Special Features:
- Good foodWithersDined on 9/4/2014Had dinner with a friend here, service was great, not hurried at all. Food was good, tasty and decent portion sizes. We were left to chat and not pressurised to leave once we had finished eating, even though they were getting busy. We had a very relaxed evening. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian in Bow LaneJimODined on 2/4/2014Pros: Classic Italian meal. Beautifully prepared and presented. High quality ingredients meant even simple Fritto Misto was stunning A real treat for foodies at a very reasonable price for the heart of the City of London. Cons: Busy, cramped and noisy at lunchtime, good with friends but not for a business conversation. Recommend: Perfect for an early evening with someone who appreciates fine food and you want to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant ItalianBillDined on 28/3/2014This is a charming and enjoyable place to eat. The service is charming and efficient (was a little over eager at first (wrong water brought because didn't take time to listen; then two bottle of the right kind for a while!). The chefs agreed an off-menu Zabaglione for the table for dessert - excellent. The food is always good here and they really try to please. Nice wine list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick lunchCityluncherVIPDined on 27/3/2014Booked at last minute. Great service and food improved greatly since last visit. Restaurant full so quite noisy and tables close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, food not so much.JGn2Dined on 12/3/2014Rack of lamb in some gooey casing, vitello alla milanese that was basically cardboard, baby squid in listless tomato soup without a hint of the promised chili. Shame
- Excellent food, good and friendlyBeefyDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, good and friendly service, lovely place.Special Features:
- Good food, good service andBasherDined on 5/3/2014Good food, good service and a good ambience - just right for a business lunchSpecial Features:
- Taberna EtruscaMaryoDined on 26/2/2014Enjoyable evening with my friends and good food too.Special Features:
- Very Good AgainBerkshireFoodieDined on 19/2/2014I use this restaurant often and once again it has ticked all the appropriate boxes. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!GustoDined on 18/2/2014I have been eating at this restaurant for about 30 years and have consistently enjoyed its lunchtime ambience of bustling staff and happy diners. This was my first evening visit, with my wife, - early evening so a good test of a pre-theatre meal. It was very good, with prompt service and a nice wine, and I had a great Veal Milanese with pasta. I would recommend the restaurant for both business and pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian RestaurantCeeJayDined on 11/2/2014Better than the average Italian restaurant. Really enjoyed the food. Tables quite close and it was a busy lunchtime so a bit noisy but that added to the ambiance. Good for meeting friends or known business associates but not somewhere to have difficult business discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.