73 Haverstock Hill
London, NW3 4SLNeighborhood:
Primrose Hill/Chalk Farm
PersianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tandisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 02075868079
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 12pm - 10:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Tandis Restaurant
Chalk Farm’s Haverstock Hill provides plenty of choice for the casual London diner, however few of its restaurants are as strikingly different as Tandis. Occupying a site formerly held by a trendy bar, Tandis retains the chilled, funky vibe and cool décor but has added excellent Persian food and friendly waiter service. Exposed brick walls and a mirrored bar, waterfall style chandeliers and reclamation style accessories make up the fashionable interior, suiting both the locals of rich Primrose Hill and grungy Camden, both within easy distance. Tandis’ Persian cuisine has also enthralled visitors looking for something totally different. Warm, pungent spices add subtle flavour to stews and kebabs with many vegetarian options available. Don’t miss the faloodeh, a delicious Persian sorbet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tandis Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since 5 May 2014
romance (5)business meals (3)pre/post theatre (3)outstanding value (3)brunch (2)sunday lunch (2)good vegetarian options (2)group bookings (2)fit for foodies (2)outdoor eating (1)afternoon tea (1)special occasions (1)Show More
- Great food, surprisingly emptymichaeldVIPDined on 23/8/2014I enjoyed this restaurant a lot - pretty decent Persian food, delicious freshly squeezed juices. Only surprising thing was how empty it was on a Saturday lunch - only one other table occupied.
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 15/7/2014Delicious food, served quickly and unobtrusive service. Would definitely dine again!Special Features:
- Excellent +++++ChrisDined on 1/7/2014Unbelievably good value for money. Generous portions and really good quality ingredients (e.g. lamb, chicken, peas, etc.., have always been tender & fresh, like you'd have at home). Reasonably priced drinks. Unassuming service - functional but effective. Nice place to come to after work with your friends/family and chill. Why this place isn't busier normally is beyond me! Would highly recommend. We love it there and still go even though we have moved away from the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodAndyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Have not been here for a year, standards have not dropped and the quality if food and service is still as good as ever.Special Features:
- Excellent foodDannii2006Dined on 29/3/2014Went as a group of three we order a shared starter and main course each. The service was excellent the bread for the starter was fresh and delicious as was the houmous. We were all impressed with the large portions and the food was tasty. The meat on the lamb shank just fell of the bone and melted in the mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value for excellent foodDaveee1Dined on 3/1/2014Persian isn't something I have regularly, but will be looking to do so more often after this (cooking with plums is the way forwards). The food was excellent, and quite frankly an absolute bargain for the quality. If you want something a bit different, that will suit your wallet and your tastebuds, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was let down for New Year'sCarte1sDined on 31/12/2013I was let down for New Year's Eve, so TopTable suggested Tandis. We had a bottle of Argentinian red wine (£19), which was perfect & two cokes. To eat we had a selection of 4 starters - all dips - but all tasty - a hummus, aubergine, a russian salad type, and a lovely white fruity one. Had two baskets of naan bread. My wife had the sea bass with chips & salad, which she said was wonderful. I had two versions of lamb kebab - one minced, one very delicately spread, with salad & a lot of rice... & my son a heap of rice, & underneath were 3 tender chicken joints in a lovely sauce, which he loved. The whole meal was about £90, which for 3 of us, with wine, was good value, as we walked out very full. Great service, nice restaurant, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribly averagepaulDined on 28/12/2013No better than any kebab shop. Food tasted like it was cooked in dirty oil and had a horrible lingering taste for hours. To kebabs and a bottle of white - £60 ?? Really??? Won't go back or recommend
- Lovely place, and possiblysammdDined on 30/11/2013Lovely place, and possibly the most delicious chicken dish I've ever had...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceKezlsDined on 21/11/2013The food was absolutely delicious in this Persian restaurant. I had the bean soup (can't remember the name) which was a meal in itself and make sure you try the rice. The service was attentive and friendly. Good value for lots of meaty dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service, ok foodJackDined on 5/9/2013Service is very friendly and fast. The front outside space is nice in summer with a shisha. I prefer a bit more spicy kebabs. Persian kebabs are famous with their saffron content not the other spices. So the food is ok nothing extraordinary. I will try the non-kebab food next time. Starters are very good though.Special Features:
- The following 155 reviews are from the Tandis Restaurant reviews archive.
- Authentic Persianterra72VIPDined on 16/8/2013Good food and great service at an appropriate price. What's not to like? We have eaten here a couple of times and the experience has been consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Persian foodSOLODined on 28/7/2013If you like Persian food the place is banging... If u ain't tried Persian food this is a good start.... My regular orders .... The starter Tah Dig (crispy rice with herby stew on top) awesome!!! Their kebabs are good I normally opt for soltani (one minced lamb one lamb tenderloin beaten out) come with generous portion of rice.... We have tried most of their dishes and would recommend all.... If u like the sound of it go for it... Never had desert there as normally too full from starters n mains... This is now my regular Persian spot...Special Features:
- Great Persian FoodSOLODined on 6/7/2013If you like Persian food then this place is for u. We ordered a range of starters all very authentic and decent portion sizes. Tasted great.. The mains were excellent we ordered a soltani (combo kebab) and lamb shank with broadbean n dill rice. We asked them to change the rice in the soltani which came with plain safron rice to same broadbean n dill rice as other dish and they had no problem doing this. Always nice to see an accommodating restaurant. We were too full for deserts. i will be going back.... Ps try the Tha Dig (may have spelt wrong) starter awesome crispy rice with shredded meat stew on top highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- Lovely FoodAndyVIPDined on 8/6/2013Well worth a try. Lovely food complemented with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in all respectsJudetheobscureDined on 5/6/2013The food at Tandis was very good and the whole experience was enhanced by very charming service.Special Features:
- Local PersianJNRBVIPDined on 11/4/2013Tandis offers a good range of food catering to vegetarians, vegans and carnivores with excellent service and tasty fresh ingredients. Anyone who wants a relaxed meal with friends picky about food or with allergies/intolerances should find no problem here. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tandis RestaurantLRuaMDined on 31/12/2012Very nice meal, friendly staff, good value for money. Had a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJai1Dined on 29/12/2012I was looking for a restaurant convenient in terms of location. I came across Tandis and was drawn by the excellent reviews. The fact it was Persian food was an extra as it was a cuisine I've never tried. Me and my friends really enjoyed our experience and would def visit again!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLalaDined on 13/12/2012Delicious Persian food, our first time here! Servers were also really nice and attentive. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for all age groups!catherineVIPDined on 1/12/2012thank you to all at Tandis for not only providing my partner and I with delicious Persian food (as ever) but for introducing my partner's 75 year old mother to its delights also. She couldn't praise the seabass enough whilst the aubergine starter set her tastebuds alight. The warm welcome and cosy booth we were given made the evening even better. Tandis is a lovely restaurant very much recommended for its food, wine, care and value too. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Their outdoor area set upFoodieJenDined on 24/11/2012Their outdoor area set up isn't bad - pity it's facing the road though. The food was good and the servings fairly generous, however the waitress that served us didn't have a very good gauge on timing. She didn't allow her customers to just relax. The table next to us had only just sat down and were still settling in. She should have been able to see this, but came to take their order when they obviously weren't ready. They had to ask her to give them some time. My friend and I had to make a quick phone call each during dinner. The waitress kept coming to ask us if we needed any more drinks etc while we were on calls and obviously unable to answer. She collected my plate before I'd finished. Nice food - waitress needs to back off a little.
- Belsize Park GemRichmondhillDined on 20/11/2012We had such a lovely meal here - the Persian bread is wonderful in lieu of rice, and the service was particularly good, with a very warm waitress. A very friendly, classy place; a real gem in Belsize Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buttered rice!anonymousDined on 1/9/2012never thought I'd ever have buttered rice with slow cooked lamb shank that was exceptionally tasty. Good for a quiet date or group venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningJujurockerDined on 17/8/2012Extensive menu with unusual ingredients, service and meal were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to rememberKielbasaDined on 11/8/2012I visit this restaurant occasionally with my girlfriend and always enjoy the experience. This visit was extraordinary because we met Adel Ferdosipour! Even though most of the staff were stars truck, they were able to provide good service and fantastic atmosphere. I would recommend visiting this restaurant because of the huge portions/reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDinerDined on 16/7/2012Have eaten here a number of times and always find it to be consistently good with very accommodating service. Good value for money..
- Love TandisCeeBeeJayGeeDined on 16/6/2012Tandis is the place we go when we want to eat well, in a quiet little corner of NW3. The food is exquisite, the service excellent and the interiors, stylish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDinerDined on 15/5/2012Been here a number of times and consistently good with very nice serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, good foodStickDined on 12/5/2012Good atmosphere, good food, good service. Good options for non-vegetarians (grills and curries), and a few veg ones too. Will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Tandis restauranthopemydinnerisawinnerDined on 1/5/2012We went to Tandis restaurant in Belsize Park last night and found the food to be very good. I had a lamb stew with plums which was very tasty. The portion sizes are on the large side, so we left feeling very full. Food arrived quickly and service was prompt. Would go here again.
- Tandis in London was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 21/4/2012Tandis in London was great. Accommodating even after we were seriously late, courteous, fast and efficient. Food was extremely tasty and LOADS of it. I'd go back.
- Very relaxed venue with incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/4/2012Very relaxed venue with incredibly friendly and accommodating staff. Of a group of 26 of us, almost all of us were really happy. Lamb shanks in saffron stew, perfectly cooked kebabs and a divine herb souffle among the highlights. Several hours of stuffing ourselves with no stinting on the booze came to £30 a head - definitely would recommend, especially for large groups.
- This is our second time diningeatin1111VIPDined on 21/4/2012This is our second time dining at Tandis. Excellent food, great value, attentive service. Highly recommend.
- Tandis in Chalk Farm 'Steele'slunchDined on 21/4/2012Tandis in Chalk Farm 'Steele's Village': very tasty meal at a fair price. Service is good and atmosphere warm. Plentiful menu & good vegetarian options especially for starters. Will go again.
- Tandis was a great experience.DejeunerVIPDined on 20/4/2012Tandis was a great experience. Good and interesting food we'd never had before.
- Tandis is in a good locationMissYPDined on 2/4/2012Tandis is in a good location (between Chalk Farm and Belsize Park tube stations). However, having frequented many Iranian restaurants, I wasn't blown away. I had Baarg with rice and salad but the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked, although I did enjoy it (especially the grilled tomato that was served alongside the salad). The house (red) wine was really nice though!
- Excellent food, would highlyeatin1111VIPDined on 31/3/2012Excellent food, would highly recommend. Portions are huge!!
- We love Tandis-they serveCeeBeeJayGeeDined on 13/3/2012We love Tandis-they serve the best Persian food we've ever had in London and you know it's true when the restaurant is full of Persians on a Monday night. Tucked away on a corner of Haverstock Hill, with space to sit outside when summer finally arrives and even a good wine list. We highly recommend it.
- Tandis Restuarant, The placeReenaDined on 2/3/2012Tandis Restuarant, The place was very good, loved the food. Service was excellent.